Sauvage (2018) Eau de Parfum

Sauvage (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior

Sauvage (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Bergamot, Lavender, Sichuan pepper, Star anise, Nutmeg, Ambroxan, Papua vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 08.09.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

6.0 9.0 8.0 8.0/10

Allrounder who pleases everyone
Fresh, spicy everyday fragrance that simply always goes and everyone likes. In the beginning it is very fresh and becomes a little spicier with time. It is rounded off with a subtle vanilla note. Good ladies reactions are guaranteed, although the fragrance is worn by many and is therefore no longer unique.
10.0 9.0 10.0 8.0/10

Good smell
I appreciate this one. Wasn’t a fan of the edt but when this came out I had to buy a bottle. I find myself wearing this maybe twice a week. Haven’t received a compliment yet. It’s my dumb reach when I don’t know what to wear. Instant classic.

Final rating: 8
8.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

GirlofNow
You knocked me out from the start!
Dior Sauvage is and belongs simply to the best men fragrances I know so far!:)
I always smell, be it to family members, friends or outside to other men. It knocked me over the first time I tried it, because I had tested it with a good colleague of mine who was of course also there and away:))) As a woman I can only say that I just love:D
It is very attractive, radiates a pleasant but nevertheless self-confident aura! You also don't provoke anyone with this scent as I find on the contrary! Clearly the scent is intense and somehow needs getting used to but I like the scent as it is:) Sauvage is in my opinion slightly spicy in the course but nevertheless somehow, again well rounded. I perceive lavender most clearly as well as most intensively. The lavender note is not a typical boring or even artificial lavender note. It is an elegant and also a very masculine lavender note;) Bergamot is again there no artificial or pungent note! Much more a gentle and refreshing bergamot that makes the fragrance wearable all year round:) Nutmeg is only very easily perceptible in the course of the fragrance (I believe that, the spice in the course of the fragrance comes from the nutmeg note) I could not smell out wide scents now personally...

What I would like to say about the fragrance itself:

Everybody I know who wears this fragrance is always (I'm not sure if it's just a perception...) much more self-confident, has a good posture when walking, smiles a lot and is very satisfied with himself. Could it be that I'm imagining it? You are welcome to tell me or rather write me how you feel when you wear the scent and what he does with you.... I think you can't go wrong as a man with the scent! It is simply a cultivated and conspicuous scent, whether for work or also for the exit with friends/family/woman/girlfriend.... and and and;) The fragrance is also very room filling which I noticed. I think H+S is also very good! When my grandfather wears the scent I smell it on him, because all day :) The only person I know who doesn't like scent so much is my grandmother:D She always complains to my grandfather that the whole house (although he only sprays 2nd on his shirt) would smell of his perfume all day long:DDDD Must laugh every time she complains;D Whatever men wear this scent with pride! Just like my grandfather;D
8.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

The all-rounder-evergreener
On a rainy day in April, I went to the perfumery of my choice in search of a new fragrance. As soon as I entered the shop I was presented with a stand full of Dior Sauvage fragrances, so I curiously asked the shop assistant what the smell was all about. "She asked me, horrified and surprised, as if I had just revealed to her that I didn't know how the Internet works.
Long speech, short sense, she sprayed me Dior Sauvage EDT on the left and EDP on the right forearm and I smelled and smelled and smelled... EDT convinced me very much, a bit edgy maybe, a bit too "youthful" possibly, yet fresh, special and certainly an eye-catcher. EDP knocked me over: this freshness, this smooth and gentle, almost floating fragrance experience, the perfect dosage of all nuances, this rounded, grounded, which the EDT lacked, I found in the EDP.

So I bought a 60 ml bottle of the EDP - the first time I tried a fragrance and bought it immediately.

I couldn't stop sniffing at my forearm. Of course, many people now say that this fragrance is "mainstream" and you can smell it on every corner, but that's exactly why I love it so much. It is certainly a mainstream fragrance, it has what everyone likes, which is why it is so damn suitable for the masses. It simply goes down well - at work, at leisure, on a date, in the gym, in the club, hiking and in the fine restaurant. There is no scenario where I could not imagine this fragrance on me.

The fragrance is definitely a compliment catcher, when I wear it I am constantly addressed that I smell good or even asked what perfume I am using. Speaks for itself. So far I have only received such feedback from One Million in 2009/10/11 and Tom Ford Oud Wood.

But unlike One Million, Dior Sauvage EDP simply always goes, not just to the club. And Oud Wood... just a completely different league!

For me, Dior Sauvage EDP is the all-rounder that always goes. When I don't know what fragrance to wear today, I go for Dior Sauvage EDP and am absolutely perfect.
The durability is above average with me, loosely 8 hours plus, Sillage is likewise top and the compliments remain only rarely missing It's the scent that convinces simply because of its mass suitability, because it always leaves when nothing else works, because it's my ace in the sleeve and my last joker, because it convinces the masses and the masses love it.

The probably only minus point - I share it probably with many others, why I love it however surely not less, but perhaps still a little bit more!

8.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Easy, easy....
...the only thing I resent about the fragrance or Dior is its name. The fragrance has to follow in great footsteps and it really doesn't. But on the other hand it is of course a lure to address customers for whom the great ancestor Eau Sauvage is too elitist and who still want to hold a piece of the big wide world in their hands. Silly? Maybe - but that's how the story works at the point of sale. I've experienced it this way for almost 50 years and yes, even with the wolves howling. We do not sell goods in the first place, we sell good feelings, the goods are only the means to an end. This is about turnover and not about ancestor worship.

In contrast to some perfume monasen, I don't recognize bergamot first in the top note, even though it is listed first in the pyramid. For me, the story begins with a fine lavender note and only then does a synthetic spiciness become noticeable, which is not bad per se. I'm often bothered by an aggressive synthetic, but that's not the case here, at least for me. The combination is banal and also available in umpteen other men's fragrances. Which just means the recipe works. That is no reason to judge the scent negatively. No niche was promised and no niche was supplied. It was stacked a little high at most if you want to nag at the name again.

The ending disturbs me more than anything else, because here too the inevitable vanilla comes out again, while for my nose and for my sensation at least sandalwood would have fitted better. But what the heck, the scent corresponds to the spirit of the times and that is his task.

Sauvage EdP - I don't know the EdT - certainly meets the expectations the makers have of the fragrance. A scent on the dioro shelf that sells itself over time and generates the sales per square metre of shelf space one would expect from it. This is not "very good" but in any case more than "mediocre". And so the perfume community at least judged him fair on average.

8.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

GoodSmeller
The name is a farce, the scent a friendly flatterer
sauvage is nothing here. A fragrance of the category Abercrombie Fierce (also misleading name) and similar varieties that thematize these typical men's shower gel vibe. Doesn't necessarily have to be something bad, because it's very popular with perfumers and the broad mass of ladies. In contrast to the Eau de Toilette version, I find the EDP much rounder, softer and more balanced. Almost the approach of powdery, while the EDT version starts rather harsher, more bitter and definitely harsher. The fragrance remains tame as it progresses, adding a note that reminds me of "Brut", who knows it. A fragrance for people who have a lot to do with people, but also suitable for sports, on a date where you want to appear very straight and conservative. Sauvage is the maximum price here. Not because it is expensive, but because a fragrance of this category could cost significantly less. I rate it 9 out of 10, even though I wouldn't wear it myself, I find it to be what it should be, simply well composed and purposeful
8.0 9.0 9.0 6.0/10

Bleu de Chanel, then!
The fragrance published here by Dior in 2018 is still considered the "compliment conjurer" par excellence in 2019. Some people even call him an "Aventus killer" - something I can't judge because I've never had Aventus to smell before. But Creed's bestseller isn't what it's supposed to be about.

Sauvage EdP starts pretty fresh, thanks to the bergamot. Also a little suppleness, something soft, I can hear at the beginning. One or the other might feel that this is a bit funny or completely different, but the opening actually reminds me a bit of soap.
However, the top note does not remain too dominant here, as one knows it from some other scents. Pepper uses, whereby a really good spice develops, which now only discreetly soap really beautifully accompanies. The description as spicy-fresh is therefore indeed true.
But what happens now? So this is the Ambroxan, huh? Phew... does that have to be so pronounced? Less would have been more here, because now the smell, even with small dosage, has a character not quite so pleasant for me any longer. It is never extremely intrusive, if you pay attention to the dosage, but it is a bit too much for me. I can therefore understand anyone who calls Sauvage an "ambroxan bomb". This Ambroxan robs the fragrance of some of its naturalness, which I think is a pity. The shelf life is very good. Especially at the clothes he holds himself for days. Sillage is not from bad parents for a fragrance that is more likely to be classified as fresh.

So I come to the conclusion that Dior Sauvage Eau de Parfum is a fragrance that I don't like as much as my Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum. This simply comes across a bit more naturally, which Dior's candidate doesn't do so well because of the Ambroxans, which are already often enough accused. Nevertheless, it is a fragrance that provides compliments, as I was able to experience at work among my colleagues. But this is probably also due to the fact that his Sillage is much stronger than in Bleu de Chanel. But what is the point of strong Sillage and what is the point of compliments if the fragrance itself cannot convince you enough?
6.0 9.0 9.0 8.0/10

ScentSlave
I’d happily wear this one, BUT
The rest of the planet is already wearing it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fantastic scent, with WICKED sillage, it’s just that I smell it everywhere, and therefore it loses that “signature” that I look for in fragrances. Maybe in a year the hype dies down I’ll use it, but for now, it’s too “mainstream” for me
6.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

DuftbarM
Perfume of the year, a classic for everyone
Many associate "Perfume of the Year 2018" with Dior Sauvage.
The smell gets little to no Hate.
A real masterpiece from DIOR.
Even if the scent is not quite so unique anymore due to imitations, it still remains a worldwide, well-known, pleasant scent.
I personally see advantages and disadvantages in this perfume.
Basically I would like to say that this assessment is my personal one, I think everyone sees these topics from a different perspective.
The plus point is clearly the fragrance in general. It can be used in many ways.
Be it in sports, to work, as a night scent or perhaps as a clubing scent, this scent simply cuts off well.
Also its durability is, as already indicated in the description, above average long.

So dear ladies if you want to buy your friend a perfume, get him Dior Sauvage, the fragrance comes this and last year especially very well.

The only disadvantage I personally feel is that the scent is not unique enough, because I want to be someone to whom you clearly assign a scent, where you say "the scent, that's me and no other".

Otherwise absolutely a hit.

Boys buy him, you do zero wrong, a scent that attracts a lot of attention.

8.0 8.0 10.0 9.5/10

Best of the best
The hammer! Even though Sauvage should have been known and smelt by almost everyone by now, for me it is currently the best perfume on the market if you have criteria such as fragrance, shelf life, compliments and "versatility", i.e. when and where I can wear it and that is actually all year round (even if I find the eau de toilette even better in summer). That's all there is to it. No fragrance is able to be more inconspicuously conspicuous and to secure compliments. The EdP lasts the whole day and on clothes it can still be seen after days. For me it's clearly the best fragrance if you want to get a single fragrance for a long time and don't want to change it all the time. Just the hammer!
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Taurus1967
What's wrong with me if I think it's good?
Well, I found the eau de toilette somewhat ok, although I can't sniff out Ambroxan as well as I had already written in the commentary.

But with the Eau de Parfum the Ambroxan value was increased substantially, so that even I cannot ignore this ingredient any longer. What I perceive is a very peppy freshness scent with neat citric and woody spicy notes plus this penetrating synthetic. Normally I wouldn't want to deepen myself seriously with it, but here at EdP Dior has succeeded in creating a certain spirit, which probably fascinates the masses more and more. After all, the fragrance doesn't try to sniff at all naturally, but rather signals crystal clear that things are going unconventionally here.

The concept seems to work, because Sauvage as EdP enjoyed more and more popularity this summer, so it seems to stick to every third person. That's not really my case, but I'm still worried that he actually fascinates me so much that I want to wear him for a season. I just missed this summer, but the next one won't be long in coming unless my conscience stops me.

For Dior, Sauvage as a Fahrenheit alternative, which doesn't necessarily have a natural aura, means a fat cash cow that can be optimally milked. Especially since I cannot imagine that the synthetic ingredients contained in a bottle are worth more than 3 €. Anyway - I want to have him too and wear him before he will be hated by connoisseurs in the next years just as Joop Homme, Cool Water and JPG Le Mâle are hated and burned for my nose.

9.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

The bold Sauvage
"I didn't create Sauvage Eau de Parfum by working on power. Its signature is already very identifiable. It was not a matter of exaggerating or saturating the composition. I was striving more to enrich each of the dominant notes to give it a new color."
François Demachy, Dior Perfumer-Creator

According to François Demachy, Dior Perfumer-Creator:

I am glad that Sauvage Parfum is not just more intense than the EDT. It would just amplify what I consider to be the the Sauvage EDT defects: harshness in the opening and to much pepper in the head and heart notes.
Now in the top notes we have just a magnific Calabrian bergamot, as juicy and spirited as ever, without any harshness associated, and with a very natural fresh, floral and bittersweet scent. The hot, short-lived and earthy initial pepper from the EDT, just disappeared.
In the heart, to add fullness and sensuality, we are invited by different spicy accords from sichuan pepper, spicy sweet nutmeg and an aromatic clean lavender enhancing the strong and liquorice star anise note.
At the bottom, we meet the Sauvage signature accord with the strong woody ambery trail of Ambroxan, wrapped in the smoky sweet accents of a very masculin Papua New Guinean absolute vanilla.

A couple of weeks ago I have done something i never thought i would do: I purchased a new Dior Sauvage 100ml flask but Parfum edition of course!
When I bought the EDT two years ago, I disliked the peppery head and heart. They were just too harsh and unbalanced... not for me!
My EDT original Sauvage bottle is long gone. I ended up giving an almost full flask to my nephew.
However.... After reading some reviews of the newly launched EDP, I thought about trying it at a Sephora counter. I ended up buying a bottle. The strong pepper harshness is no longer there, and the “look at me, I am wearing Sauvage as everyone else” feeling is gone. This EDP is a smoother and more mature version of the familiar Sauvage scent. This is a much better fragrance than the EDT and if you - like me - dont like the loud and harsh original peppery EDT, now you can use a natural, alluring, versatile Sauvage scent. Of course this isn't the most radical and complex of the scents, but everybody loves it! I have many other different fragrances if i want to use something less common.
If you have the EDT version - and like it - you MAY want to buy this version as well. I don't see them being redundant.

My rates for Dior Sauvage Parfum:
- Scent opening:.................8.75 ("mainstream" but very pleasant)
- Scent drydown:................9.25 (nice "natural" notes of ambroxan and absolute vanilla)
- Longevity:.........................8.0 (up to 8 hours with 3 sprays)
- Sillage:...............................7.5 (up to 6 feet with 2 hours projection)
- Versatility:.........................9.0 (almost any weather but mainly for Spring and Fall)
- Wearability:.......................9.5 ("everybody likes it" type of fragrance)
- Compliments:...................9.0 (compliments magnet)
- Uniqueness:......................8.0 (unique for the ingredients quality and natural smell; but similar to the EDT and its vast quantity of clones)
- Quality:...............................9.5 (very natural high quality ingredients, nice solid heavy bottle, good spray and magnetic cap)
- Presentation:....................9.0 (preety nice, simple and elegant)
- Price:..................................6.0 (helas not everything is good as this fragrance is overpriced; I rated a 6 just thinking in quality versus price)

Average:.8.50 (To the EDT I gave an overall rating of 7.75/10.0)
between 7 and 8 =above average;
between 8 and 9 = recommended;
bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Advice: If it fits your budget and you like the scent, just go ahead and buy it. But it kind of makes think why should I pay for this very overpriced perfume, when a 90% similar clone, like "UDV Star" or "L'Homme Sauvage" costs between 10 and 20 times less.
6.0 6.0 8.0 7.0/10

IanFriedrich
The Improvement of Sauvage (Sauvage - Summer Night Version)
François Demachy listened what Sauvage Lover wants, and he did it.

He toned down the harsh scent and add the sweetness (not like candy scent) to enhance the smoothness.

It is inoffensive, smooth & fresh scent.
Perfectly for special event, evening or night date in every seasons.

I don't feel bored even I smell it for hours.
I was quite surprised that my girlfriend like EDP more than Sauvage EDT, and she kept on sniff it.
Even I asked her the reason for why she love EDP, and she can't explain it. She just love it.

For anyone who like to find a summer night fragrance (if you don't like Acqua di Giò Profumo, Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême, Bleu de Chanel EDP), I recommends you should try it.
5.0 7.0 7.0 4.0/10

FabianO
Ambroxan veil of the more unruly kind that no longer wants to leave the nose
It's horrible: at the moment I don't manage to cross our really short shopping street in Bad Segeberg - even with a brisk pace - without being enveloped by "Sauvage" swaths at least twice. Perfectly sausages thereby, whether 20 or 65 years old - this mass compatibility monster integrates obviously all age groups and devours, whoever it gets at the trouser hem.

I don't know why a perfume variant has to clog the shelves in addition to the highly average and clean many-grey EdT and the somewhat airier, yet 90 % identical "Cool Spray". Here again - almost cowardly to be called - the aroma screw was touched at best, but hardly moved from the place. And if it is, it's made worse.

This stuff is driving me crazy. Of all the would-be savages, this is really the worst. Ambroxan has become even more spacious and obtrusive, occupying 80% of the aroma volume when felt. Artificially clean, shower gel synthetic, literally loud in its affected laundry cleanliness, in the middle of it still somewhat annoyingly mint like, mineral in an intensifier-pushed, techno-like way.

There is no room for nature, no room for free associations, no room for development in the many hours that "Sauvage" remains leaden and lies on the skin like a fixation solution and spits like a banal radio pop song with the same beat and shallow singing all the time.
That's all I can think of...

10.0 6.0 9.0 8.5/10

Sauvage all grown up
Not so much full review but more a comparison with the edtthat will still give a picture of what the new edp is all about. I hope you enjoy the video of Dior Sauvage eep

Wal92 42 days ago
Panty dropper..+1
Carlitos01 14 months ago
The EDT pepper harshness disappeared.
The “look at me, I am wearing Sauvage as everyone else!” feeling is gone.
Ca c'est un parfum Dior !+4
9.0
9.0
Hermesh 19 months ago
Thanks to vanilla and subtle sweetness, EdP appears rounder and more harmonious than EdT. Besides, ambroxan is restrained. It did a good job+5

by Skylab