Sauvage 2018Eau de Parfum

Sauvage (Eau de Parfum) by Dior
Sauvage (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 02

Bergamot, Lavender, Sichuan pepper, Star anise, Nutmeg, Ambroxan, Papua New Guinea vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.01.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

All-rounder
The title says it all about this fragrance.
The part you can always and everywhere wear, whether shopping in the city, at work, at dinner with the girlfriend, in the evening with the guys in the beach bar in Mallorca. For sports, however, I would actually not recommend it. But otherwise with Bleu de Chanel my all-rounder.

As many before me have noted, the fragrance starts very peppery with lots of bergamot, then ambroxan comes through. Lavender I personally do not perceive, but quite later little vanilla and star anise.

The durability is really extremely good for a fragrance in the price range. Sprayed on the clothes in the morning, it is still noticeably present in the evening. Also, I smell the fragrance by far not as often as it is sometimes presented.

All in all, a wonderful perfume to which I have never had any negative feedback. The part is in my opinion one of the few fragrances that you can safely buy blind.
Marketing feat
First of all, I apologize for another comment about this fragrance, but you can not get around this fragrance. Dior has created here a cash cow, as there were only a few in history. And that is due to three factors. An offensive advertising campaign including the world star Johnny Depp, who drives through the dusky desert in his vintage car - a brilliant coup that remains in the minds of the masses.
The starting signal for a successful perfume.

Secondly, Dior is simply a traditional brand that has an enormous radiance and that everyone associates with luxury and glamour. You certainly can't go wrong with that, right?

Lastly, Dior anticipated changing tastes early on and captured them perfectly in a bottle with Sauvage, which is unsurpassed to date. The great times of heavy-spicy men's perfumes ala Azzaro pour Homme, Zino, etc. are (unfortunately) over and disappeared from the mainstream. Today it has to smell fresh and clean, rough edges are undesirable. The massive success of the "blue fragrances" prove that.

To the fragrance itself:
He starts with fresh with lots of bergamot and some pepper. Quickly joins a decent amount of ambroxan, which remains present all the time and is responsible for the enormous durability.
A biiisssschen star anise I mean in the further course of the fragrance still to discover.
Honestly? More I do not smell out. No lavender, no vanilla, nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the fragrance is bad, in fact I quite like it. In the long run, however, it is too boring for me, too monotonous.... i can not really bond with him, for that he is too cool and too emotionless.

Dior can be of course no matter, they probably do not know what to do with the money. With mainstream can be made just the most profit.
5.5
Eaudedreams
You can't go wrong with it....but you can't go wrong with it either
Welcome to a rather terse commentary on a fragrance. There is not much to say about it.
1. Everyone wears it like sand on the sea
2.You do with him nothing wrong but also nothing right
3. It goes with everything

Who has no problem with being put in a drawer...go for it. Because with this fragrance you put yourself in the drawer of the mainstream.
Boring, but welcome
This perfume probably belongs in every pedestrian, self-respecting place of 2019 and 2020. You can smell this fragrance really on every corner, which makes it not exactly exceptional. For that, you can always get it on sale for a very good price. For me, it's a safe bet, it smells pleasant, lasts a long time and is often recognized, which can be a good opener for a conversation :) Enthusiasm looks but different!
Michaelmssnr
A jack of all trades who certainly doesn't deserve hate
The perfume was one of my first consciously purchased fragrances. I had no idea about niche perfumes at the time, so it was the non-plus-ultra for me at that time. Even now, since I've become more involved with the subject matter and have tested countless brands, I still love this fragrance. Of course I'm not the only one who wears it every now and then, but not without reason. H+S are absolutely powerful and I have received nothing but insane feedback from women.

So from me still an absolute recommendation!
Sigginator06
Personal Hate Love - The Road to Self?
Background: It was the year 2017.
That's when I discovered your brother (EdT) in the Big D. You were being praised. On YouTube and in the perfumery. I liked you already. But falling prey to the hype? No, I didn't want that Another fragrance was bought I smelled once in a while. I always liked the other guy. But it was always carried by real men with expression and presence. I'm not really one of them Arrived in 2018.
It went once again to the D. Favorable it should be. Money had to be used elsewhere. After two or three rehearsals we arrived at the writer of Cyrus. "Oh under 20€. Great bottle. One knows from somewhere. Times strained." I thought to myself. Two minutes later it came to me: Sauvage EdT. Take it away! Happy about the bargain, I went home Another 3 months went by.
I wore the Writer once in a while. I never really liked it. Something was missing. I wanted to get rid of it. It bothered me. Given away or thrown away - may I be forgiven - I don't remember.
For me it was clear:
The Sauvage issue is closed! "Even though I can smell you all over and love you, you won't get a place with me," I said to myself. Even a former work colleague, who cast a spell over whole rooms with Sauvage's sporty elegance, didn't change my opinion You thought wrong.
Summer 2020
An old school friend visited me.
My partner pointed out Sauvage to me - she likes him too. I didn't notice it at first. But he smelled good.
After the meeting, I wanted Sauvage. "He had to suit me, too. This stuff is great and you'll get on well with it," it buzzed around me in the style of JF (the well-known Youtuber is meant). "Compliments, compliments and more compliments. Finally, you're one of the cool ones." It's funny, this compulsion to acknowledge and show affection for others. Well, change the subject.
The research began and I came across a good offer. "EDP is only 4€ more expensive for 60ml. Fine, I'll take that."
The order was completed.
Two days passed and full of expectation I received Sauvage EDP. First test: Even better than the original - But: I first had to learn to like the start. The base, on the other hand, was fascinating right from the start and my nose was hanging on the hood of a sweatshirt even at the time of the commentary. Addiction potential!
"This will be my daily for a long time to come. With that, I've done it. Compliments, attraction, athleticism. He gives me all that!" I told myself. "At work and in your spare time, just be a horny guy. Check!"
Sick thoughts in a sick world.
November 2020.
Maybe some light penetrated the fog, maybe this comment is just a form of self-therapy. I'm not quite sure yet.
But something came to my mind: "That (Sauvage) is not you. Is that what you need? Aren't you pretending? Why?".
Sauvage, a supernatural clue in my life?
Haven't I found myself yet?
Hmm, yeah, that could be good.
Arrived?
I don't know.
Maybe I worry too much about myself, my role in society and other people.
So what's the next move with Sauvage?
A good question. I guess I'll have to look for the answer
Sauvage- My boss
I had known the EdT for a long time, but could not bring myself to buy it. It was too much and too little for me. Too much pepper, too much volume, too much sillage, too much imbalance. At the same time it had too little balance and too little originality. But I always liked the DNA in him basically. The problem was that you smelled it too often, because the scent is worn inflationary. So I ticked it off.

By chance I stumbled upon a sample of the EdP version. Without much expectation I tested it and directly recognized the Sauvage DNA. I don't like the top note of either version. This mixture of toilet stone and fresh air annoys me.
In the further course of the EdP, the DNA of Sauvage is clearly visible. Both variants are 85 percent similar. But then a balance sets in, which I missed at the EdT. It gets deeper, a bit darker and does not rely only on its freshness. That's how I like Sauvage. I couldn't see any big difference in the shelf life.

Here is my Sauvage, which you can wear all year round and at every opportunity, if you don't overdose it (which you shouldn't do to the environment with any fragrance)

The unexpected friend
Bear in mind, this is my first proper review of the scent, thanks.

I have to tell you a secret: I always loved Dior Sauvage EDT, although I truly hated that everywhere I went I smelled this scent. Every second guy (young/old/hipster/manuequin) wears this and it annoyed me a lot in. However deep in my mind I wanted to own the smell, I wanted to feel fresh, elegant and cool at the same time, yet I wanted to smell a bit different so when somebody says: "Oh I know this scent," I would reply "Not exactly this one I believe".

So on February I saw a pretty good deal for EDP and I was decided - I will buy EDP instead of EDT. Why? I do not know till this date, but I know for sure I made a pretty good decision! I love the fragrance and people around me seem to like it a lot as well.

For me Dior Sauvage EDP starts very spicy actually - I feel anise, pepper and lavender at the beginning. A truly magnificent combo of notes which gives me, mixed with ambroxan, a high class feeling, This is not only about freshness and loudness, this is actually kind of classy. Elegant, clean, yet playful and fun. When the vanilla and more lavender comes in, the scent shines!!! You feel a lot synthetic ambroxan and some citruses, do not get me wrong. But I never feel like I am disgusting and choking people around me. I actually feel uplifting and spreading class. After 6-7 hours, all you feel is a pure ambroxan (or whiffs of it, the longevity and sillage are sometimes tricky) but don`t be fooled that the fragrance is completely gone. Actually I like to sniff my T-shirts even next day and the mixture of what I believe is lavender, pepper and ambroxan... It makes me believe that this is the mature scent I want to feel all the time.

Overall, this is (even though everybody wears EDT so it is really well known and people are tired of it) a true masterpiece in my opinion. I also tried Parfum version yet I still think EDP might be the best of all three... An unexpected friend that I always wanted yet always was afraid to have the same buddy as everybody else. But he doesn`t dissapoint, ever.

Scent: 9/10
Longevity: 9/10
Sillage: 8/10
Value: 7,5/10 (bought mine for 60 €/100ml)

Glitch667
Grandiose opening, then unfortunately only mediocrity
I must say that I tested this fragrance in joyful anticipation after reading such positive praise.

No sooner said than done, off to the perfumery, test strips sprayed and at the same time a wrist. Immediately I am super positively surprised by the top note. Wow, what a great smell. Dry, tart citrus fruit meets a very clearly perceptible peppery note. I am impressed.

After a short time, a sweet note of aniseed in combination with ambroxan can be heard, which unfortunately becomes incredibly dominant in the further course of the fragrance and evokes in me a clear old man shaving water association.
This persistent fragrance is of such intensity and durability that I unfortunately have to admit that this is not a perfume I will buy
For all those who are looking for a classic male fragrance in aftershave manner, which also opens up very interesting, should have a look at this one! The top note is definitely a highlight for me, the rest unfortunately not innovative enough for me.

my most complimented perfume
Dior sauvage is one MY MOST COMPLIMENTED PERFUMES. i have suggested it to many friends and all of them loved it.
The smell is very long lasting and always always noticed by others.
perfect of small get together with friends.
but if you prefer some subtle scent , this perfume is not for you .

JulphJulph 3 months ago
A versatile beast mode scent with beautiful base note
1 puff for office time
2 for evening
3 for clubbing
It is the best of Sauvage line.
PioPio 3 months ago
Easy to wear and a crowd pleaser. You cant go wrong with it...
RubymigRubymig 9 months ago
I feel that the edp its a more well rounded version with a added note of star anise and more vanilla, which makes it better for the evening
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 9 months ago
A fragrance we hate to love, and love to hate. Despite the hate (or hype), it is well-made, mass appealing, and darn good. Beast mode.
Wal92Wal92 1 year ago
Panty dropper..
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
The EDT pepper harshness disappeared.
The “look at me, I am wearing Sauvage as everyone else!” feeling is gone.
Ca c'est un parfum Dior !
HermeshHermesh 3 years ago
Thanks to vanilla and subtle sweetness, EdP appears rounder and more harmonious than EdT. Besides, ambroxan is restrained. It did a good job

by Pistazieneis
by Pltnbrutha
by Incisivus
by Incisivus

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior