Sauvage 2018 Eau de Parfum

Sauvage (Eau de Parfum) by Dior
Sauvage (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

BergamotBergamot
LavenderLavender
Sichuan pepperSichuan pepper
Star aniseStar anise
NutmegNutmeg
AmbroxanAmbroxan
Papua New Guinea vanillaPapua New Guinea vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 20.07.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

good all-rounder
bottle: the bottle is for me one of the best things about the perfume. i personally prefer cuboid bottles but that's another matter... i like the magnetic lid, but best of all and also surprised i am by the atomizer which is really the best in my small perfume collection so far. comes out a good amount, not too much, not too little, and well distributed.

scent: the scent is good, but as all already know nothing special. at the beginning I have to hold my nose honestly said, because I smell only ambroxan. in the drydown he is then much more pleasant. I smell first a mixture of bergamot and lavender then slowly joins sternanis. lavender I could honestly not smell, but that's good, because I do not like lavender smell.
generally my problem is just that he smells a little too synthetic to me.

durability & sillage: are both very good, especially if you consider that fragrances have the bergamot and pepper in it almost never hold. (hardly know exceptions, if you know which please add :)

reactions of the environment: as is generally already known, women like him above all, which makes him indirectly attractive for men. it is aufjedenfall a fragrance that you can buy blind, because you will never get bad reactions, he is generally well received everywhere, the price-performance ratio is right, and h / s as already described are very good.

all in all, a clear buy recommendation for all those looking for a pleasing all-rounder (for younger of course). i personally will me but not again zulegen, because I do not find him überraus exciting. for people who are looking for more of a niche fragrance is rather of course nothing, I think you know but also all.
Mustafa58
In my opinion, not special (Dufttechnisch) but environment says otherwise!
To the fragrance: This fragrance is no question a pleasant smell, in my opinion Dufttechnisch a 6 you can wear but must not, however, this fragrance is simply a compliments Catcher never was with a fragrance the scissors between my own perception and that of my environment greater. Everywhere I go I get compliments, mostly from women under 30.
This fragrance is immensely loved by the women's world, which is why I wear it.
Personally, this fragrance smells (therefore also the mental 6, but environment says 10) irgentwie sweaty, oppressive, dirty. Hard to describe. But definitely better if you get used to it.

Negative is also (in my opinion, the women do not mind) that every wannabe wears this fragrance.
But H/S is really fierce! I still know as I applied in the morning at 9 in the hotel 2 splashes on my neck and a frontal on my Tshirt and a whole 16 hours later as I landed back in Germany in the embrace with my acquaintances compliments for my great perfume have got!
60ml of this fragrance should be on the dresser of every perfume lover.
A love-hate relationship
Disclaimer: I have to put this scent into context for me - "wall of text" danger!

Dior Sauvage EDP is largely responsible for my interest in perfume since January of this year. I've always had a bit of a "chip on my shoulder" when it comes to collecting stuff and making wish lists....somewhere along the line, the initial spark comes and I keep having new hobbies . ;-)

It's January 2021... Until now I have always worn only so-called "Cheapies" (including Cool Water and so terrible shower gel / perfume sets from the drugstore for 11.99 EUR) and never really dealt more deeply with perfume - Whereas: I have in my youth always envied my relatives who had given my cousins for Christmas every year the thick Invictus flacons and Co ... well: Fate wanted me to get a sample of the Sauvage EDP in a cosmetics order. I myself wore the fragrance 2-3 times in the office and forgot it relatively quickly (the interest was as already explained not yet so there). But my environment was so convinced of the fragrance that he had to be given to me for my birthday, even if I claimed again and again "I just buy Cool Water for 20 euros, I do not need such an expensive perfume. ;-)

But then Sauvage was already ordered without my consent and I started to look into fragrances on the internet for the first time, of course came across the familiar faces and the well-known "hype fragrances".... and bang, the aforementioned initial ignition took place, which in the first instance ensured that I then slowly looked at any perfume reviews for days after work in anticipation. Valentino Uomo Intense I had then also bought directly blind to have another nice autumn / winter fragrance, which arrived even before I got the Sauvage EDP for my birthday. With Uomo Intense I had the first time the feeling to have fallen in love with a fragrance - it was so powdery and just wonderful. When I then sprayed on the Sauvage, which goes in a different direction, for the first time, I somehow didn't like it... too synthetic and intense with a note that had settled on my breath. "Too bad" I thought and put the bottle first on my shelf and wear the fragrance here and there, while I began to inform me more and more on Parfumo about fragrances among other things.

A few months later, the sun actually rose. I wore the fragrance in the office (With us are not permanently all in the home office) and was asked by a colleague whether I had just driven an elevator, because the elevator smells like me and I would smell really good (Despite FFP2 mask). Completely astonished, I thought that Sauvage must smell really good and that there was something wrong with me. A little later, I sprayed the scent again for myself in the room (don't worry, not in my office...) and suddenly noticed this fruity note that I had never really smelled before. Then also came this very slight sweetness, which is probably supposed to provide for the generally rather smooth impression with the EDP compared to the EDT. A few comments from those around me and a few "Sauvage wear days" later, I finally understood why so many hate it for its "boring" fragrance DNA, but many non-scent enthusiasts still like it so much. On top of that, I happened to have the fragrance in my toiletry bag that I carried in my big bag at work. So I sprayed it onto a business card of a colleague who was also interested in fragrances, so that she could smell it. Thereupon, according to her tale, first her cardigan and later probably her entire wardrobe at home took on the smell of Sauvage and her roommate then additionally asked what smelled so good in the shared flat.... It was really a mystery to me how a) the scent could be so penetratingly strong and b) why everyone seemed to love it so much. Except: the perfume community with their love-hate relationship with the fragrance DNA.

Meanwhile, I really like to wear the fragrance, even in conjunction with my real leather jacket, which then smells so wonderfully masculine in the drydown of the fragrance in conjunction with the leather smell.

Now finally to the Review... ;-)

I now understand - even after smelling many other fragrances - why many find the Sauvage so generic and boring. I too sometimes still have problems with the synthetic note immediately after spraying on, so I always have to hold my breath at first. BUT: He smells very good in the drydown, he comes on very well and I am now often positively addressed to him.

Scent: Even if he seems to have become a little dull, a not only subjectively good fragrance. Everything else is unfair to him.
H/S: With me, especially if something comes on the clothes - forever.

And yes: You get 5,000 characters of text for two lines to rate the scent. :-)
the first scent
I was never the guy who wore perfume. A good colleague of mine got Dior Sauvage edp as a gift. He gave it to me to spray on. I gave a spray poke on my tshirt and found it very bad. In the beginning he smelled very dark.

The next day I was at the gym I had the same tshirt on and I smelled it every minute and enjoyed it.

A very nice scent.

In the week I went 2 more times to the gym with the same tshirt without the fragrance to re-spray I have perceived all the time the scent.
This fragrance is the reason why I am now a collector
ChrisTian123
You can do it, but you don't have to...
I had gotten to my last perfume order a tester and so I also tried times the legendary Sauvage.

For me, it's a solid and pleasing masculine designer fragrance.
Who wants to play it safe and is looking for a good everyday fragrance, will find it here. However, who is looking for something special and maybe even niche, which stands out from the crowd, will have to look further.
4.5
Overrated in my opinion
I can not understand all the positive criticism.
First, the positive: The durability, the flacon, the long-lasting effect is great.
But the smell is just abartig spicy or peppery and it we me after a while just unpleasant to smell it myself. Absolutely not my case.
Egalite
Jammerduft at Parfumo - Hate or Love?
Meanwhile, one has the feeling at Parfumo that the comments and statements all turn out similarly and the Parfumos influence each other, copy texts and all are uniformly of one opinion.

This constant "smelling it on every corner"...! I don't know where you all hang out at the same time, but I have definitely never consciously noticed this fragrance :-). Would love to know where exactly in Germany sooo many men wear Dior fragrances :-P

Sauvage: Solid-wearable-replaceable. Fulfills certainly for many men the criteria for a good everyday fragrance. This is from Dior point of view probably so planned and wanted, thus the goal was achieved.

Sauvage, no matter which variant, will never become my first choice. Neither in everyday life nor as a companion to special occasions. This "you-find-me-right-good" has unfortunately failed with me. It's probably because I favor all the brothers and think they're really great. Sauvage doesn't come close to the brothers DH Original, DH Intense and DH Parfum, unfortunately. So why cheat?
Coladeris
I do not understand the hype
Why is this perfume so well placed everywhere? When I open the lid, a bar of soap slays me. It stays that way for a while. It's only when I get out the back that it becomes... well, okay, that's it. For me, Sauvage is unfortunately just a normal perfume, nothing special.
All-rounder
The title says it all about this fragrance.
The part you can always and everywhere wear, whether shopping in the city, at work, at dinner with the girlfriend, in the evening with the guys in the beach bar in Mallorca. For sports, however, I would actually not recommend it. But otherwise with Bleu de Chanel my all-rounder.

As many before me have noted, the fragrance starts very peppery with lots of bergamot, then ambroxan comes through. Lavender I personally do not perceive, but quite later little vanilla and star anise.

The durability is really extremely good for a fragrance in the price range. Sprayed on the clothes in the morning, it is still noticeably present in the evening. Also, I smell the fragrance by far not as often as it is sometimes presented.

All in all, a wonderful perfume to which I have never had any negative feedback. The part is in my opinion one of the few fragrances that you can safely buy blind.
Marketing feat
First of all, I apologize for another comment about this fragrance, but you can not get around this fragrance. Dior has created here a cash cow, as there were only a few in history. And that is due to three factors. An offensive advertising campaign including the world star Johnny Depp, who drives through the dusky desert in his vintage car - a brilliant coup that remains in the minds of the masses.
The starting signal for a successful perfume.

Secondly, Dior is simply a traditional brand that has an enormous radiance and that everyone associates with luxury and glamour. You certainly can't go wrong with that, right?

Lastly, Dior anticipated changing tastes early on and captured them perfectly in a bottle with Sauvage, which is unsurpassed to date. The great times of heavy-spicy men's perfumes ala Azzaro pour Homme, Zino, etc. are (unfortunately) over and disappeared from the mainstream. Today it has to smell fresh and clean, rough edges are undesirable. The massive success of the "blue fragrances" prove that.

To the fragrance itself:
He starts with fresh with lots of bergamot and some pepper. Quickly joins a decent amount of ambroxan, which remains present all the time and is responsible for the enormous durability.
A biiisssschen star anise I mean in the further course of the fragrance still to discover.
Honestly? More I do not smell out. No lavender, no vanilla, nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the fragrance is bad, in fact I quite like it. In the long run, however, it is too boring for me, too monotonous.... i can not really bond with him, for that he is too cool and too emotionless.

Dior can be of course no matter, they probably do not know what to do with the money. With mainstream can be made just the most profit.

KingPinKingPin 10 days ago
Starts to feel dated to be honest.
Arman038Arman038 6 months ago
This one smells like compliments. Ambroxan, bergamot and pepper are well blended. Many people own dior sauvage, but it still works.
JulphJulph 9 months ago
A versatile beast mode scent with beautiful base note
1 puff for office time
2 for evening
3 for clubbing
It is the best of Sauvage line.
PioPio 10 months ago
Easy to wear and a crowd pleaser. You cant go wrong with it...
RubymigRubymig 1 year ago
I feel that the edp its a more well rounded version with a added note of star anise and more vanilla, which makes it better for the evening
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 1 year ago
A fragrance we hate to love, and love to hate. Despite the hate (or hype), it is well-made, mass appealing, and darn good. Beast mode.
Wal92Wal92 2 years ago
Panty dropper..
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
The EDT pepper harshness disappeared.
The “look at me, I am wearing Sauvage as everyone else!” feeling is gone.
Ca c'est un parfum Dior !
HermeshHermesh 3 years ago
Thanks to vanilla and subtle sweetness, EdP appears rounder and more harmonious than EdT. Besides, ambroxan is restrained. It did a good job

by Skylab
by Incisivus
by Arman038
by Arman038

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior