Sauvage 2018Eau de Parfum

Sauvage (Eau de Parfum) by Dior
Sauvage (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Ultra Mâle

Bergamot, Lavender, Sichuan pepper, Star anise, Nutmeg, Ambroxan, Papua New Guinea vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 20.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

Glitch667
Grandiose opening, then unfortunately only mediocrity
I must say that I tested this fragrance in joyful anticipation after reading such positive praise.

No sooner said than done, off to the perfumery, test strips sprayed and at the same time a wrist. Immediately I am super positively surprised by the top note. Wow, what a great smell. Dry, tart citrus fruit meets a very clearly perceptible peppery note. I am impressed.

After a short time, a sweet note of aniseed in combination with ambroxan can be heard, which unfortunately becomes incredibly dominant in the further course of the fragrance and evokes in me a clear old man shaving water association.
This persistent fragrance is of such intensity and durability that I unfortunately have to admit that this is not a perfume I will buy
For all those who are looking for a classic male fragrance in aftershave manner, which also opens up very interesting, should have a look at this one! The top note is definitely a highlight for me, the rest unfortunately not innovative enough for me.

my most complimented perfume
Dior sauvage is one MY MOST COMPLIMENTED PERFUMES. i have suggested it to many friends and all of them loved it.
The smell is very long lasting and always always noticed by others.
perfect of small get together with friends.
but if you prefer some subtle scent , this perfume is not for you .
Too pushy
Sorry, despite all the praise. The smell makes me sick. It's probably the overpowering ambroxan. I don't smell anything citrusy or peppery or anything that might have a little pep out of it. To make matters worse, the shelf life is rated at 10. Only one splash is enough and the smell "tortures" me all day long
Sow Dare :)
Not to be confused by the title, is still my favorite among the perfumes out there, but it is a funny story with the name.
It's been a few years since the fragrance was launched when EdT came on the market, and I have to say that before it was advertised everywhere, I was a supporter of Chanel - Allure Homme Sport Eau Extréme, and first came into contact with the fragrance when it was launched at a well-known drugstore chain Of course after the first nose, a bottle had to be found immediately, price was a minor matter for the beginning Then 3 years have passed and after the third bottle and everything else in between, the EdP came on the market and my "Burzeltag" arrived. What next?
"What does daddy want?" - the kids kept asking, and my sweetheart always said she already knew. Of course I beamed the EdP from her as a present, and when I opened the present, my big one grinned and said, "Oh, yeah, Daddy likes Sau Wage so much."
:) So he read and understood it with 9 years on the bottle.
But about the perfume:

As many compliments as with this fragrance, I have never received with any other, well Creed Aventus or Terre d'Hermes were also not bad compliment-getters, but Sauvage became my fragrance
The spiciness at the beginning mixed with the bergamot and the subtle lavender note (although I hate lavender from the bottom of my heart) result in a cocktail that instantly triggers a headache, for me at least.
It abducts me differently from season and time of day to different scenes from movies or to the school desk and everything else in between.

There are so many things you could say about this fragrance, but I have to say that at least I have always felt that way, listened to opinions and was massively disappointed, everyone should test it, and by test I mean apply it to the skin and let the fragrance "work". After a while, sniff it again and see how it develops, because not all skin is the same, and you won't like it, although it will be difficult. I don't know anyone who has said that he doesn't like Dior - Sauvage. There is also a difference between EdT - EdP and perfume. Of the three, and I have to be honest, I still like the EdT the most, but the EdP just lasts so long that it easily manages to knock the EdT off the Tron
It is now also omnipresent, every 2nd person has it, no matter in what form, so if you are looking for a unique fragrance, you have missed the train by a few years, but nevertheless it is still a good compliment-getter.

I would describe him as the little brother (yes indeed, little one, because it came 3 years after the EdT on the market) but like "The Rock" he lets his muscles play and always takes the big one in a stranglehold.

It is really only about my opinion, whether objective or subjective, everyone must decide for himself and whatever it will be, with the Dior - Sauvage whether EdT or EdP or perfume he will definitely do nothing wrong.

Fresh compliment getter!
One of the most controversial fragrances on the market. Loved and hated by so many people around the world. One thing its true: this is a major compliment getter and a beast in terms of performance.

I have to admit that I love this fragrance. It was love at first sniff. It never failed me and it will always be in my collection. Its not complex, its not groundbreaking but it works. I have some niche bottles and some complex fragrances in my stash and I still like it. Not everything has to be dense and complex, sometimes its nice to grab something like this and collect some compliments. Because you will be noticed and people tend to react in a good way to this. Try it, at least.
Sniffo
It's time to say goodbye...
... from Dior Sauvage EdP.

Several years have passed since I first smelled the eau de toilette of the now infamous Dior Sauvage range. In the meantime, three bottles have already been emptied, two of them of the eau de parfum.
I have to say that I can certainly understand why Sauvage is so polarizing. In all three versions, the Ambroxan note is present, more or less clearly, which seems quite "scratchy". So my clear favourite is the EdP, as it manages to dampen the rough note with its milder character. I haven't been able to test the perfume extensively yet, so I can't really judge it.

To the fragrance: Dior Sauvage EdP begins fresh and spicy. The bergamot and pepper come clearly to the fore. Ambroxan is also very present, although this is very temperature-dependent. Especially on warmer days this can quickly become too much. Fortunately this weakens relatively quickly. The scent doesn't change much anymore, only the vanilla gets ready and softens the scent a bit, which I appreciate very much.

The shelf life is very good, especially for a fresh fragrance. Applied in the morning it lasts a good 8 hours, whereby the silage is clearly noticeable in the first hours.

Portable, the EdP is for anyone looking for an everyday scent with good performance. Sparingly dosed, it should cut a good figure at work or school. It is also a good, though not the best choice for going out.

All in all it is a very good fragrance. Although the DNA is not the most original on the market, it still has enough unique selling points to distinguish Sauvage from other "blue" fragrances. So I also liked it and have worn it more often than almost any other perfume. Often the reactions were very positive. Although I don't think much of expressions like "Pantydropper" or similar chubby frippery, I must say that especially women were often very fond of Sauvage (EdT and EdP). This is just a statement and I distance myself from everything that is currently on YouTube.
And this brings me to the big shortcoming of this fragrance (and the whole series). It has become so crowded and everyone seems to own a copy that I can hardly bring myself to wear it. At this point I remember a little anecdote, when the cashier at the gas station, about my age, asked me about the scent. Her ex-boyfriend had already worn it, so she had given both her father and her current boyfriend Dior's wonder water. That's when I decided to use up the bottle I had opened and then look for an alternative. Not a day too soon, because soon the name Dior Sauvage was heard on every corner. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the mainstream and own enough of the fragrances that fall under it. However, when there is an exponential increase in the number of users (see One Million), then I too long for individuality and character.
In the meantime I haven't worn a version of Dior Sauvage for over a year and feel comfortable without it. It has always served me well over the last few years, but it was long time for something new.

I would like to refer to my commentary on the Eau de Toilette.

LG
The Swiss Army Knife from Dior
In my opinion, you don't have to write much more about this fragrance. Everyone knows it and everyone has it. But one still differentiates which concentration one finds best ;)

For me it is and will remain Dior Sauvage EDP. Shelf life is sometimes a good 8-12 hours and sillage is easily perceptible. The scent is also very well wearable in autumn and winter due to the pepper note. You can use the fragrance for every occasion and every season. However, I would advise against it in midsummer. I had already had strong headaches because of the Ambroxan and even had to take an aspirin to get rid of them. After 1-2 weeks my nose/head got used to it.

But find that the fragrance is slowly going out of fashion, because I had already smelled it very often with everyone. For me it died when I was still working in a bar and 3 other colleagues had the same scent:D then the whole restaurant smelled like Dior Sauvage. I hate to smell something like everyone else because the individuality is lost. But despite all those who still celebrate this scent thumbs up;)!

The first
Appropriately, I also write my first comments on my first Durft.
Sauvage EdP was my first perfume. It was the end of September 2018 on a rainy Saturday and I had decided that a perfume would be quite appropriate with a suit at work...
Well, whatever. I snatched up two good friends hoping they'd have more experience in the field than I did.
I remember wandering around the shelves smelling all kinds of scents Unfortunately, I realized relatively quickly that my nose was completely overwhelmed by all these new things. So I put away scents, which I found pretty good half a year later.

In the end and after a long search with a very persistent saleswoman (I think we spent about two hours there...) the choice was between Sauvage EdP and Bleu de Chanel EdP.
The contract was awarded to Sauvage because I actually liked it better. (Chanel followed soon after, because I couldn't get the smell out of my head)

For me at that time the EdP was softer and more pleasant to smell compared to the EdT. I found the EdT kind of pungent.
The fragrance begins pleasantly fresh and then slowly changes in a slightly spicy direction, without, for me, losing any of its freshness. In the end, this mixture moves through the whole day like this. I don't smell big changes (can also be due to my still very inexperienced nose).
I think the durability is great. After 10 hours at work I can still perceive the scent on me and partly also my surroundings Otherwise it is very room filling. Just when I had it new, I could still perceive the smell in the room days later.
For me he is a beautiful all-rounder who fits to everything and every weather without appearing big over the top.

The bottle is also a beauty in itself. A rather fine sprayer, the magnetic lid and the colour gradient in the glass make it look really good
In the meantime Sauvage has slipped backwards for me. I don't know why. I like to smell it very much, also with others and when I apply it there is always a trace of nostalgia for this rainy Saturday Maybe I should put it back on.

Modern classicism
It is very, very difficult to talk about the most talked about (and criticized) perfume of the last 10 years, it is very difficult to objectively talk about it, I write this review forgetting for a while about all the masterpieces born in the world of perfumery.
That said, Dior Sauvage, it is a very good perfume, excellent sillage and longevity, it attracts many, many, congratulations.
The protagonist of the perfume is undoubtedly the Ambroxan, which makes me connect Sauvage by force to Blue de Chanel, the undisputed forerunner of chemical / woody perfumes, but while the latter is slightly "generic" and linear, Sauvage is much more vibrant , peppery, spicy, or perhaps even too much in the EDT version, for this reason I much prefer the EDP version. I still remember the first time I sprayed Sauvage edt on my wrist, to say the least annoying to my nose the opening and too dry the drydown, I could not wait to take a shower to be honest.
As I said, the EDP corrects the things that bothered me about my brother, richer, softer and less pungent.
The perfume opens with a riot of spices, pepper, bergamot, nutmeg, and star anise, a very special atmosphere, metallic, blue, a heart instead earthy, musky, fresh woody, moist and then there is the bottom, of gray amber (synthetic) and woods (cedar?) the base may seem but it is not at all generic, because the spices, the spicy, the metallic will always be felt.
Despite being a modern and "futuristic" perfume, to an overall olfactory pattern similar to the classic fougère of the 70s, spicy citrus and fresh spices on the top, and base of balsamic woods, and amber that give a dark and mysterious air but at the same time sparkling and shiny. It reminds me so much of a wet forest at the first light of dawn. A mix of contrasts, which make the perfume very complex, albeit in its "simplicity" of ingredients.
Aside from the long duration and evolution of the perfume, after about an hour the smell of the Ambroxan-Patchouli-vetiver combination is felt on the skin, which makes the perfume slightly more mature, warmer, typical of old-school perfumes and absolutely elegant, discreet, classy.
As I said, an absolutely good perfume, the fact of being so much advertised has its medal aspect, many people criticize it without even smelling it, others criticize it by comparing it with the old perfumes, not realizing that similar masterpieces, unfortunately, they will no longer be born, neither among designers nor among niches. Unfortunately, modern perfumes must be smelled with an open mind and a closed heart.

Rating: 8.5 / 10
Kagi
The irrelevant middle brother between the young fresh EdT and the adult perfume.
The mediocre brother of little brother Sauvage EdT and big brother Sauvage Parfum.
Unfortunately, I don't really see the point, as the EdT is simply the winner in terms of price and the perfume is the dearer and warmer adult in the family.
It's not bad at all, but apart from the other concentrations, the competition is too great, especially since there is still competition from Bleu de Chanel.
For me in all areas a 7 and therefore not really important or relevant beside the other crowdpleasers.

JulphJulph 3 hours ago
A versatile beast mode scent with beautiful base note
1 puff for office time
2 for evening
3 for clubbing
It is the best of Sauvage line.
PioPio 12 days ago
Easy to wear and a crowd pleaser. You cant go wrong with it...
RubymigRubymig 174 days ago
I feel that the edp its a more well rounded version with a added note of star anise and more vanilla, which makes it better for the evening
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 6 months ago
A fragrance we hate to love, and love to hate. Despite the hate (or hype), it is well-made, mass appealing, and darn good. Beast mode.
Wal92Wal92 15 months ago
Panty dropper..
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
The EDT pepper harshness disappeared.
The “look at me, I am wearing Sauvage as everyone else!” feeling is gone.
Ca c'est un parfum Dior !
HermeshHermesh 3 years ago
Thanks to vanilla and subtle sweetness, EdP appears rounder and more harmonious than EdT. Besides, ambroxan is restrained. It did a good job

by Pistazieneis
by Pltnbrutha
by Incisivus
by Incisivus

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dioressence (Eau de Toilette) by Dior