Sauvage (2015)Eau de Toilette

Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior

Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.
Scent goes well with Molecule 02

Ambrox, Elemi resin, Calabrian bergamot, Patchouli, Provençal lavender, Pink pepper, Geranium, Sichuan pepper, Vetiver

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 05.06.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

One punch...
I like the smell itself. So I can understand the hype to a certain extent. BUT: I think the Sillage with the extreme durability hits you like a punch and is just too strong for ME personally. I smell myself the whole day extremely strong, too strong. Definitely not for the office. For a party but certainly very suitable for many. But I prefer to leave it alone...
BeauDeJour
A whale with intestinal problems
When I smelled this fragrance for the first time, I knew Creed's Aventus, but the advertisement for "Sauvage" with the stupid Johnny completely missed me - ergo also the fragrance.
The whole thing actually stayed that way until I had a conversation with a client who filled my office with a fragrance that I almost immediately assigned to the expensive niche house at that time. I asked him confidently, still totally impressed by Creed's workhorse, "Ah, that's Aventus, isn't it?" The customer wondered. "Mmm, no... Dior Sauvage. Bought my wife." This phrase is actually symbolic of the "average sprayer": The woman buys the scents, the man wears them without questioning them further. Sauvage is probably one of the most commonly bought fragrances by women for men. More on this later
Anyway, I was a bit confused: and totally disappointed because of my completely wrong assessment A clone of Aventus? Of Dior? Had I perhaps perceived the scent umpteen times before and mistaken it for Aventus?

On my next stroll through the city I went to the Dior counter in the perfumery to see what this Sauvage is all about. The EDP didn't exist back then, so it was only the EDT. I sniffed the bottle and sprayed. Boom.
What's that? Pepper burning in your nose, a complete overload of stimuli? Was the customer even right in his statement? That's never the scent that was still standing in my office for two hours (by the way, this is exactly the way I imagine a Sillage - not like those watery skincent scents that are presented here as suitable for the office. I need PRESENCE!)?

But he was right. Sauvage is one of those fragrances that somehow smell completely different in the heart or base note and especially in the air and can therefore be confused with others. Even if the scents are partly identical with those of Aventus, a strong similarity in the Sillage is not to be denied.
Especially to emphasize as a strong note here is the Ambroxan, which I did not know in the crowd until then. I can completely understand if some people get sick or dizzy because of it. With me it is the other way round: I love this stuff! This round, somehow metallic, somehow woody, indefinable note (hard to describe) has a kind of addictive factor for me. Even if there was actually a little bit of overdose here. A certain synthetics cannot be denied, because you don't know this scent from nature (who has a whale with intestinal problems in an aquarium?). It is fresh and somehow spicy due to the pepper, and has really sharp corners and edges. Edgy you would say, despite the "round" Ambroxan nothing is round here.

Back to the statement "My wife bought it": One does not officially know what it is. But women love this. Not all of them, I mean. But most of them. This is the Fast & Furious of scents. Totally overloaded, loud, flashy, superficial, pleasantly mainstream, and an absolute hit that even women like to watch with their husbands (the billions in sales speak for themselves). I suspect it is the Ambroxan, as it also appears in other complimentary magnets: Failure Dylan Blue, Montblanc Explorer, etc.
But the scent is now so present that a blind woman in the city centre might accidentally run into another man's arms if she just follows her nose. Yes, that's how often you can smell it. As a perfume enthusiast, some people certainly feel replaceable when they wear this fragrance. There are so many expensive niche fragrances that smell like charred doner meat with rose water in a coconut coat, and then such an indefinable standard water is better, while the reactions of niche fragrances are rather restrained ( -> not soo positive). But we carry the scents only for us, or what was that like? ;-)

Sauvage EDT is basically like a commentary by the perfume elite under a too short newcomer commentary that refers to the statement function: Annoying and omnipresent. And it's likely to stay that way in the near future. By the way, it is said that there has already been a reformulation - but I can't say much about that. As always the durability and sillage are said to have been reduced.

A little story on the side: While flirting with a perfume saleswoman, I asked her about the fact that I had already caught some of them dieseling themselves from top to bottom (from head to toe) with Sauvage testers. Her answer: "They even spray it into their shoes. Our testers are all the time."

I therefore suggest that from now on everyone should wash their feet with Sauvage.
Trvz
"Comment" of a positive and at the same time negative nature
Summer 2018:
M, me: *know that Sauvage is an all-rounder, who always goes and often wins in the agony of (perfume) selection under time pressure*
M: *carries it therefore on that day at work*
F, a new colleague shortly after a joint conversation: "You smell good, but your scent reminds me negatively of my ex-boyfriend"
...
I have always been aware of the fact that perfumes, which bring back positive memories, can at the same time have the opposite effect on other people. Especially the sauvage DNA can do this in the feminine world, because the probability that the ex-boyfriend smelled like that is not really low with all the fragrance twins and the dupes. Nonetheless, you are usually hardly ever asked about the scent at all. Everyone knows it. Nothing special
Personally, I still like the scent, even today. The EdT is fresh, versatile, non-intrusive and endearing. It embodies for me "youthful freshness". Still, as mentioned above, the mainstream fragrance par excellence. Therefore I can't really recommend it in 2020. If you still don't want to do without a blue scent, I can recommend YSL Y - it has an additional significant sage note, which gives it a touch of uniqueness.
Reliable but mainstream
Some time ago, when I didn't know much about the world of fragrances, I was outside with a buddy and I heard a scent on his clothes
His birthday was the day before the meeting and I asked him what perfume he was wearing. He replied with Dior Sauvage, which he got as a present the day before.

I was so fascinated by this scent that the very next day I went to a perfumery and asked for Sauvage. With a practiced turn the saleswoman showed me where the scent was and when I saw the price I had to swallow something.

Don't get me wrong, but at the time as a student and person who hadn't had much to do with perfume before, it was a lot of money and so I lost the idea of Sauvage in advance.

Couple of years and flacons later I decided to get Sauvage tu and wad doll I say, that smells good!
In the meantime it has lost a little of its importance, not because it smells worse to me than before, but because I have discovered so many other, better scents. He still belongs to my Top 15
I see the clear strength of Sauvage in its versatility. Many people misunderstand this, because everything that is not special is labeled as boring, but in my opinion this is not the case.

You can wear it perfectly in the office, when going out, in the bar and for other, everyday affairs.

I see Sauvage as a first love, she was magical but not the best in the world of fragrances
Theo0209
Mainstream all-rounder and yet nice to smell
I have smelled the fragrance super often for years now, on every corner and in every situation, you can meet "Sauvage". Exactly for this reason I have always been reluctant to buy this fragrance as well. And yet I did it now, directly the 100ml flacon.

It was easy for me - although of course this fragrance is nothing special and unique, after all the previous speakers I probably don't need to repeat this - it was always wonderful to smell the scent somewhere, I was always amazed by the freshness and the scent DNA.

I simply love fresh fragrances that can be worn at any time of the year, at any time of day and for almost any occasion. Sauvage is definitely such a scent. Plus, the shelf life for a fresh scent is really very good. It never gets boring and I just can't get enough of it.
I'm going to buy it again too, although it's a well-known mainstream scent, because it's so super versatile and you never do anything wrong. I always use it as soon as I don't feel like thinking about which perfume I want to wear. But if you want to have a special smell, you can always use another fragrance.
Benedikt2019
*A man goes to Douglas and buys a perfume*
He had it in mind a long time ago
He wanted to buy some perfume
Unfortunately he had no idea what to look for
All he knew was, at Douglas' place, he'd get one just like it He started, then took the train, Hannover city centre, last stop: Douglas

She, blonde, perfume saleswoman, saw him in his helplessness,
She thought: "There's another one of those guys who doesn't have a clue"
She approached him and asked if she could help him
She knew he'd say yes
He affirmed and explained to her that he was looking for a perfume
He added that it should be somehow fresh, but also very masculine
He also said that he does not want to do experiments
After all, he wants his environment to react positively to it too
Because he wouldn't want anyone to smell him

She understood immediately what he was looking for,
She knew he wanted what 98% of all customers want
She had heard these descriptive sentences so often before
She unerringly went with him to the Johnny Depp display stand
She liked Johnny Depp with his wild hair and his many tattoos
She grabbed a bottle of "Dior-Sauvage"
She sprayed a considerable amount on a test strip and passed it on

He sniffed
He made first positive statements

She was pleased inside,
She explained that it was a popular fragrance, a fresh, a spicy, a tart, a masculine, etc.
She added that he had this light shower note
She pointed out that it would also hold great

He, visibly thrilled, sniffed again
He kneaded after the prize
He was delighted to learn that it was not even that expensive He sniffed one last time
He did not know what he smelled exactly, but it suited him, he was somehow fresh, somehow masculine, somehow ageless, somehow tart, somehow of everything and above all, he would certainly not bother anyone!
He told her that he would buy it

She, visibly delighted, brought the scent to the cash register
She knew he was gonna buy it anyway
She knew that 98% of the customers like him She knew just those who buy a fragrance for the first time like to buy it!

So they parted ways

*A man went to Douglas and bought a perfume*
KOlufsen
An "ever-walker" who knows how to score with women in particular
What can I say about Dior Sauvage that has not been said before? A question that probably makes everyone sweat and stutter. That's why I don't want to go into too much detail.

Even before I started to deal intensively with scents it was a kind of unwritten law that I got a scent from my older sister for Christmas and/or birthday.
I think it was in 2016 when Dior Sauvage was chosen. Never before has a fragrance/gift been announced so pompously, it was truly madness.

Then finally the time had come, what apparent wonder weapon awaits me this year? The answer was Dior Sauvage. Mmh, interesting... First of all, of course, try it... I can still remember the feeling when I smelled the scent for the first time. I found Dior Sauvage very appealing, but this (almost) exaggerated euphoria just didn't really want to spill over to me.
Of course, I thank you very, very much. The eyes of my sister shone almost more than mine and I think THIS describes this fragrance best. My experience is that Dior Sauvage is MUCH better received by women than by men... or at least by me. Who is still interested in something like this, I still advise to buy it :)

For me, he is also a "ever-walker" and even after 100 ml I cannot remember a situation where I felt out of place with him.

By the way, I liked the EdT (also in direct comparison) better than the perfume or EdP.

To all of you a great and above all healthy time, greetings!
Nichelover01
Out of fashion or evergreen?
Just so you know: Evergreen certainly isn't.

BUT: In spite of all the Ambrox-synthetic-sympathy a good summer scent with good H+S and refreshing feeling after spraying.

The youtuber Jeremy keeps telling about the scent. His opinion: It's out..

It's true, I've smelled him more than once in my environment. Maybe not a good signature-scent, but a nice "dumb-reach" on summer and spring days. It also has good everyday qualities, as it smells very fresh without being obtrusive.

Those who know the fragrance know that many women like it very much and I have made the same experience.

So I already recommended it, especially as Edt, which in my opinion is the best variant: freshness with good shelf life (thanks to Ambrox and synthetics) and not as heavy as the EDP or perfume. The two want to be the egg-claying wool-milk-sauce too much, if you understand what I mean.

So conclusion: Good everyday scent, but meanwhile a bit too widespread for my taste. If you want to buy it, take a look at the 200 ml bottle: Good price/performance ratio (as far as it can be with Dior)!
ZeroZucker
Leave the church in the village
Just because everyone wears a scent and there is no rhino shit in it that makes it exotic,
a scent is far from bad.
A pleasant all-rounder, Hate is exaggerated by self-proclaimed fashion/design/art experts.
You can wear it anytime, except at a perfume convention.
One for all, all for...
Dior Sauvage can be seen as my real entry into the world of perfume. Of course, I have had to deal with the usual suspects a la Bruno Banani, or Mexx, but without really having a connection to the topic or even knowing what exactly I want to aim for. Likewise one made unnecessary mispurchases (in my eyes), a memorial of it stands in form of a half-empty Invictus cup on my commode and dusty.
So it finally happened that a good friend and I went on a short shopping spree, a detour to the perfume department. We didn't have any big intentions, but simply enjoyed testing the chic flacons one by one and giving each other feedback. Finally I had it in my hand. Sauvage EdT. I already knew the bottle from the advertising, it was hard to miss...
Must be good, so get on your wrist.
And indeed, this scent had something that I had not known until then. Up to this moment, fragrances were always something you could wear well, but I could have done without them without any problems.
I'm not even gonna go into how he smells, that's been done enough already. It's much more about how Sauvage has fundamentally changed my perception of fragrances, and thus can perhaps be described as my entry into the world of perfume. Because I liked Sauvage from the first spraying on and accompanied me from then on (of course I packed the 60ml bottle directly) for several years. It fits in almost every situation, pleases most people and can be easily combined with most outfits. Its sillage is quite intense shortly after spraying and remains well perceptible for the next hours. His "scratchiness" (owed to the Ambroxan?) settles down after about half an hour, which I really appreciate. After about 4 hours he becomes very close. I have also noticed that Sauvage is best when it is in the air. If you test it, maybe you should spray a friend with it, because I perceive it much differently when I test it directly, for example on the back of my hand.
It also changes, in my opinion, very much in temperature dependency, which is not surprising, only here it particularly catches my eye. Therefore one should be careful with the dosage especially on warmer days, because he likes to switch to the sweet side. Not everybody likes that and takes away some of his harsh masculinity, which is what makes him so special to me In the meantime the picture I have of Sauvage EdT has changed a bit. Without a doubt it still represents a qualitative and everyday scent. However, over time I have found many alternatives that fit better in certain situations or bring out special aspects better than Sauvage does. But something like this will come with time and if you have the appropriate interest in the matter. If you are just looking for a fragrance that you can wear without any problems, then Sauvage should definitely be on your notepad.
One should also deal with one's descendants, of which at least the EdP is (in my opinion) a better alternative.

LG

DemeteraDemetera 8 months ago
Terror in a bottle with an ambroxan bomb. Should be a great scent but its sillage is 800% of a normal scent, and can smell on every 3rd ppl.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 11 months ago
The fragrance isn't bad. It's even quite agreable. But it is highly overrated and many people are disappointed with this perfume.
VilarVilar 17 months ago
Nothing special. Move on.
DavidBrazDavidBraz 21 months ago
It has one of the biggest clouds i've ever felt. It's not a masterpiece but it smells good. Like to wear it once in a while. Bergamot+Ambrox
KLewisKLewis 21 months ago
Very popular, instantly recognisable, her ex probably had it...
ScentsByKKScentsByKK 22 months ago
Sweet, Creamy, Woody
AkuninAkunin 2 years ago
Great performance , long lasting , great silage , great all-rounder for every season and every occasion . 10/10
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
I recently met a friend and a cloud of perfume involved me. I asked him: "What are you wearing?""Sauvage by Dior". Very good and intense.
IanFriedrichIanFriedrich 2 years ago
It's a love/hate fragrance. I dislike it coz it's mass pleasing.
Honestly, I can say that every time I smell Sauvage, I get addicted to it.
harveynoneharveynone 3 years ago
Gets unsolicited compliments from Uber drivers. Needs 15 minutes to settle down. Although my nose gets fatigued, people do notice my silage.

Für Fresh 21 echt schräg : na, wer erkennt die Schnüffelnase (links), mit der ungewöhnlichen Testmethode?
by GilAroma
by GilAroma
Für Fresh's Maskulin - Challenge :Männer und Grillen, da muss gelöscht werden (im Sinne von den Durst mit Bier löschen)
Ich mag es einfach!
by Crowzen
by Crowzen
by Demetera
by Demetera
Die 200 ml Flasche :) Super :)
by Nizarito
by Toreter
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior