Sauvage 2015 Eau de Toilette

Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Coco (Eau de Parfum)

AmbroxAmbrox
Pink pepperPink pepper
GeraniumGeranium
Sichuan pepperSichuan pepper
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 22.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

360red
My entry into the world of perfume
My entry into the perfume world.
I really like him and the people in my environment probably also. I recognize him namely again and again at friends or colleagues. And also the one or other nice comment and compliment was not long in coming.
François Demachy, the perfume creator at Dior said:
"For the creation of Sauvage, the man was my starting point. The pure and obvious masculinity. Like the image of a man that is timeless and never goes out of fashion."
Pretty accurate if you ask me. Because this fragrance really never goes out of style. I love it. At first it smells aquatic and then we fruity fresh and woody.
Of course, with Johnny Depp as the face of Dior Sauvage, it also gained quick acquaintance. But quite apart from the fact that he was super marketed and smells wonderful, you can also still wear him in almost any situation.
A must in every perfume collection.
He is not for nothing so successful. Accordingly, he was of course already copied quite a few times.
To the Dupes I can say but unfortunately not much.

The Modern Man
I like it. Is fresh, citrusy, a little bit smoky, metallic, slightly sweet and very masculine.

Dior has some of the best and most iconic fragrances. Iris (Dior homme), aromatic citrus (Eau Sauvage), violet leaf (Fahrenheit), Fig (Dune for men), etc ... Sauvage brings the metallic-amber compound (ambroxan) and a juicy Bergamot to offer a very fresh, modern and long lasting experience.

I saw many hate when it was released and for the simple fact that it smells boring, screechy and not interesting. But the fact is that 6 years later, is one of the best sellers and a very influential fragrance. An iconic one, like it or not. Like Fahrenheit is. Or even 1 million. Fragrances that not everybody love but they defined a style, a wave of new fragrances, a status quo.

Sauvage inspired many others but it still the best combination of metallic and fresh citrus. The Elixir is also great but in a different way. Many will compare it to Bleu de Chanel but i don't find them similar in many aspects. While Bleu is more a traditional woody aromatic with an ambery base, Sauvage is more citrusy with a weird metallic ambroxan note.

If you want a modern masculine, with good quality and mass appeal, go for it. Don't be affeaid to buy a best seller. It's really decent and i recommend it for a signature scent or just to grab and go. Never fails and lasts +8h.

Fahrenheit, Eau Sauvage and Dior Homme are legends in Dior's lineup, and although this is not a masterpiece, is still a staple.

4/5
the famous Beast by Dior
I own Sauvage already for 2 years and had not even half of the bottle used . for me he is too strong and sometimes a little unpleasant because of the high-dose Ambroxan.
contained Halltbarkeit and sillage are but top! on my skin keeps the thing +12 hours with a sillage of over 3 hours . Price I find very reasonable
who likes this DNA, can not go wrong here
1. Sauvage in my collection
So, writing a short and sweet review since I'm not that experienced at it.
After much deliberation I have now but times a 100ml bottle ordered, without knowing how it actually smells.
One has seen here and also on YouTube all the positive recession and reactions, I thought: come, try it is worth.
So ordered: pleased, unpacked, sweater armside sprayed and thought" oh, okay .....hmmmmmm."
Somewhere the first whiff reminds me of some other perfume.
And I'm of the opinion ( perception is different for everyone, as we all know) that it has an approximation with some ingredient from Safari Ralph Lauren.
Have it then later times to me normal sprayed, and again came directly to the memory of Safari, since I still have a bottle of it in the car, I have shortly after Safari tested again and find real, there are definitely parallels to.
I find the fragrance in any case interesting, whether he actually arrives so at "women" I can not judge, you will notice it in the future. But since I still own 3 other fragrances of Dior and I draw you me a comparison, I must say, I personally like the others better from the durability:
Dior Homme intense, Dior Homme perfume ( not out the perfume!) And Fahrenheit.
Okay, are all different fragrances, but out of all the Dior I own, I like Dior Homme Parfum followed by DHI and Fahrenheit the best, then Sauvage.
Well well, the price was offer of Sauvage,100ml toilette version 70 euros.
But whether I would buy it again.I do not know.
I find the shelf life okay, but there are other manufacturers that last a lot longer.
Fragrance I find fresh slightly spicy. Something elegant and sporty. But what exactly to describe is as an expert, I can not, unfortunately. Since there are other far from more technical experts here.
Muckelina
A fragrance that won't let you go....
We, my husband and I, were at our favorite Greek for dinner. We sit as always on the terrace overlooking the lake. When the waiter walks past our table and I think wow! What is that smell?! My look must have been worth a thousand words because my husband just grinned and asked "it's the waiter's perfume, right?" As we ate, we both kept waiting for the scent cloud to trail behind him as he walked by. My husband tends to be very introverted around strangers. So I'd rather not ask him if he'd like me to ask him what he put on. That's when it happens, he walks by our table again and my husband actually asks him himself! It's Sunday after all, we can't go out to buy the scent right away. On Monday, we immediately went out and bought the fragrance. That was a few years ago now, but still, like when we went to our Greek, I love the scent!
A long lasting sillage that is not intrusive but still clearly noticeable after hours. But be careful when spraying on clothes! Even after repeated washing, the perfume is clearly to smell on shirts and shirts! Therefore, you should test the fragrance, because once sprayed it is difficult to get rid of again ;)
For me it is a fragrance that you can wear at any time of year, something cautious when using in the office because the sillage as I said is clearly perceptible throughout the day.
For this reason, we have also decided against the perfume and for the EDT. From the fragrance I feel you the same and an even longer shelf life is really not needed :) for me a clear purchase recommendation, since the price is also not too high.
Mofumo
Smells good, no more no less
Dior Sauvage - perhaps the most mentioned fragrance in Youtube videos on perfumes.

Not without reason. Sauvage smells somehow fresh, somehow spicy, has what slightly metallic and holds better than some perfumes in the 3-digit price segment. Compliments one gets with the also as on the running band and some confuse him even with Creed Aventus.

When I bought it in June 2018, I still had other demands on perfumes. At the time I thought to myself: okay, he smells really good.

Now, however, I pay attention to what perfumes trigger in one and there I realize with Sauvage that he just smells good. No more no less.

With Sauvage no one does anything wrong, even if the fragrance is now sometimes a little on my nerves, because he filled everyone wears.
Bondish007
"Gotta get outta here..."... wild!
The line from the commercial has been floating in my head for a long time, more specifically: since the release of Sauvage. Johnny Depp in the desert, spade, digging a hole, jewellery in and in the background some tootling and a smoky voice. Does that leave an impression? Yes!
2019, London: a little test of the EdT. I know, 4 years late, but better late than never. So a little spray on the arm, briefly let put on and sniff the top note: yes, I like: citrusy fresh, slightly spicy!
It follows a day in London, where this one spray supports me well, where we would be at H/S: bombastic for an EdT. 8-10 hours can certainly be extracted on the average skin, if not more.

"What is this sentimental babble now? From the fragrance I want to hear!!!"

Easy there, brownie! It finally comes the beginning of August 2021, a little tour of the city, miller, boredom, fragrance shelves. Sniffing through.
That's when I see it: the glittery blue bottle, memories of 2019, the vial is grabbed and a spritz of the perfume is applied. BANG! Back in London again!
And that's the essence of this fragrance for me: the memory of the best holiday of my life so far. So sentimental am I that I also got myself the broth in the 60ml bottle.

As I said: head quite citrusy spicy, heart widely peppery fresh and the base ambrox and pepper.
Did I express myself unprofessionally? Sorry, but for me it just hits the spot.

Briefly in conclusion:

Yes, it's a designer fragrance. Yes, it argues with One Million about which of the two is now worn more often by men. So very clear reasons not to wear it!
NO! Jesus, he brings back memories, he is sexy fresh and after a long search also times a fragrance that I will not forget after two months in the mirror cabinet, I do not care about the lamentations of others also.

For my second review already pretty abusive, hey? (I'm careful not to write "gell", even if it makes my fingers itch!) But a bit of anecdotal commentary rating babble is allowed after three months of Parfumo break!

Have the honor!
The First
To start off, it should be mentioned that this is my first review and I haven't been around long enough to recognize proper notes, etc., so don't be mad at me.

It's late 2018 and I happen to come across a top 10 best perfumes on a popular video platform. I, who until then only knew One Million and Invictus, clicked on it excitedly and was greeted by a gentleman in white. After the video I thought: "You need a new fragrance anyway, why don't you order the number 1?" No sooner said than done and a few days later the package with the "number 1" fragrance arrived. It was of course immediately unpacked and tested... and what can I say? From then on it was worn at every opportunity. No matter if school, work or party. Whether spring, summer, fall or winter he always went.

Now to the fragrance itself in two words:

Peppery ambroxan bomb

Sounds perhaps a bit negative, but it is not at all. The fragrance is also very fresh, which is of course suitable for spring / summer. Also a certain synthetic is present, in this price segment and with the ingredients but also natural. Thus Sauvage gets the very good durability as well as on the skin as on clothes / textiles (still days after application perceptible).

Now why is this above, blunt description is not negative?
Quite simply: Sauvage is a crowdpleaser.
While pepper and ambroxan stand out for me, they are not unpleasant. Much more it makes the fragrance and gets people to like it.
Everyone who has asked me to date on it could not say anything negative, except that it smells very intense.

Unfortunately, he has appeared in recent years increasingly in my environment, whereby I have me but a little sattgerochen. Nevertheless, I reach for Sauvage, if I do not know what to wear.

Smells like any other.
The Duor Sauvage is a neat fragrance but without peculiarity. The fragrance smells like any other and has nothing that makes it stand out. Nevertheless, he smells pleasant and good. The fresh and citrusy nature is well tolerated, but nothing overwhelming. It doesn't stand out. He is very well received by people and is a good everyday fragrance with which you can not do much wrong. The fragrance is therefore overall just Ok. The durability and sillage
however, is very good. So he keeps with me Locker 10 hours and Projeziert c.a 4 - 5 hours. The flacon is very boring in my opinion and could also be a perfume from Aldi.

All in all, I can recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good everyday fragrance. For people who want attention, but is nothing because the fragrance DNA is simply not herraussticht
Lollipop445
New thoughts about old love
My first purchase of a perfume at all, and only because of the ingeniously staged advertising campaign - have tried to capture a little the colors on the picture. So what do we have here - but the better question is, what do we expect(?)

After the spot with dear Johnny I think of the cold-bare desert, where the wolves rage and the sun sets in the blood-red horizon. So many impressions from which you can make a perfume - Dior has not missed at the time and has presented with Sauvage a fresh peppery Ambroxan Immergeher, which was thoroughly hyped. Admittedly, Sauvage is very easy to recommend, there's not really anything to understand here, the fragrance is not at all mysterious or disguising what it is, contrary to the grandiose advertising. He is not bad, he is not good - somewhere in the middle standardized and positioned Sauvage.

You could have made more of it, something tangy like blood orange on all sorts of woods with a green heart, so I would have wished mes, but life is known no request concert XD

JMWeedJMWeed 20 days ago
Solid all around. Everyone knows it for a reason. The A-10 Thunderbolt of scents.
RamonkuRamonku 2 months ago
I like the scent, but according to my girlfriend it smells like the typical old man that chases young girls. I don´t want to smell like that
XakepaXakepa 2 months ago
Lacks character - which is unusual for Dior. But my GF likes it, most girls do. Always a safe choice.
MucahittMucahitt 4 months ago
Swiss army knife!
Blako11Blako11 5 months ago
This fragrance is undoubtedly pleasant to wear, it is one of those that are pleasing to the first smell
PedroCabralPedroCabral 6 months ago
Addictive and refined, but in a rebellious and sensual way (this is the image he gives me). Dior performance... incredible!
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 6 months ago
You can say what you want it just works. Everybody likes it and you do not need to refresh. Bergamotte + lavender and ambroxan
MrLawmanMrLawman 6 months ago
Perfect/easy grab/overrated/generic/trash. Delete where appropriate since there's such diversity of opinions regarding Sauvage.
Amine1989Amine1989 1 year ago
In first time i liked it but now i cant dig it its too synthetic for me , and that ambroxan is too strong . Go easy on it 2 spray max
DemeteraDemetera 2 years ago
Terror in a bottle with an ambroxan bomb. Should be a great scent but its sillage is 800% of a normal scent, and can smell on every 3rd ppl.

by Irini
Für Fresh 21 echt schräg : na, wer erkennt die Schnüffelnase (links), mit der ungewöhnlichen Testmethode?
by GilAroma
by GilAroma
Ich mag es einfach!
by TomDuft
Für Fresh's Maskulin - Challenge :Männer und Grillen, da muss gelöscht werden (im Sinne von den Durst mit Bier löschen)
by MrNiceGuy
by Sockosophie
by Sockosophie
by Crowzen
by Crowzen
Die 200 ml Flasche :) Super :)
by Tacmaxx
by DeVitoHH
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior