Sauvage 2015 Eau de Toilette

Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Coco (Eau de Parfum)

AmbroxAmbrox Elemi resinElemi resin Calabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot PatchouliPatchouli Provençal lavenderProvençal lavender Pink pepperPink pepper GeraniumGeranium Sichuan pepperSichuan pepper VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 26.05.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

EyedeanEyedean 4 years ago
Love, hate, love, hate.... a lot has been said about this one. No matter what I think or what YOU think, the crowd loves it. That’s just the way it is. The...
GuapoGuapo 7 years ago
Very synthetic. An mainstream fragrance, similar to "AXE" products or other type of deodorant like "FA" (Henkel). There are some similarities to one of the flankers...

LIZABS68
Amazing scent, ignore the noise-makers/Sauvage haters.
Dior Sauvage is one of the best fragrances that money can buy, damn your haters I will continue to buy you with my hard earned cash for as long as you are available my love, nothing compares to you. This perfume is my favourite among almost 130 collection of niche and designer fragrances that I have, it's an excellent aroma, very masculine and attractive. To hate something because it's popular is immature.
You can't pretend this isn't a nice fragrance. Sure, it's extremely popular because it is very nice. BMW and Mercedes Benz cars are popular and we still buy them because they are reliable, prayer of every good business person is to have a product that is very successful and popular. Men like this. Women like this. It projects. It's arguably the longest-lasting blue fragrance ever made, go make your own if you have a problem with popular products and making stop hating.
10/10 fragrance ️.

DragoIvanov
Whyyyy so expensive, whyyyyy?
I really love this one. Very verstile. Peppery, fresh, ambroxan at start. Dryes down with this more deep resinious, patchouli and lavender notes. Pure beauty.
I tested this one in perfumery on wrist and sleeve, only one shot. Projects strong and long. 5-6 hours i took a shower and stil can sniff it on my skin. On my clothes it stays a few days, literaly till laundry.
But the price........my substitute is Byblos Leather Sensation. Almost same scent, 2-3 times weaker on performance (on some skins remains very long, unfortunatelly on mine only 6 hours), 12-14 times chiepier.
But if the money are not problem, if you seek for prestige, this one is great and bottle of 100ml will last 6-7 mounths al least.

Live up to the hype?
For years I really tried to love this fragrance/line, and I kept trying for ~30 ml then I couldn't anymore... Sorry Mr. Depp, I like your commercial, but not the fragrance. It could be that I am over 30 and smelled too many fragrances in my life but Sauvage smells so cheap and synthetic when compared to competitors in this genre... My wife HATES it and runs away from me every time I spray it - "Oh no, not Sauvage!". I am aware that many people love this line (especially younger folks) and everything about this fragrance is explained many times.. but if you still haven't try it, don't blind buy it! Go and try it somewhere and don't be influenced by the hype. Could be that you will love it, end enjoy many bottles of Sauvage! But if you don't, just keep searching for your own magic. There is no perfume that works for everyone and there is no fragrance that could "catch-a-girl" for you. It is not about the fragrance itself but about your self-confidence when you are wearing it.

JavSantana
All has already been said...
Amazing compliment puller, i am almost sure this is the fragrance women prefer the most above any other. A modern masculine scent, much more than almost all of those mentioned in "masculine" cologne lists... A nice peppered fougere with the ambrox base. Projection of this is amazing (Dior ambassador here in Mexico says it has not been reformulated, just get a bottle and age the liquid for some months) and the performance is also pretty surprising as well. Only problem, if you wanna call it that: It is pretty common in most places. (Not in my city however) If you get it, be aware of that, but also consider it is an amazing compliment puller and the most versatile cologne there is in the market.
Oh, Dior Sauvage...
...you were one of my first high-class scents as a recent high school graduate. You made such an impression on the young girls and soon my girlfriend. Back then you smelled so unique and were wearable in any situation. Because of you I got compliments like on the assembly line and questions from friends and relatives like "What's that awesome scent?"". Because of you, those very people now all smell like you. Because of you, the insider in our circle of friends was created when a friend's father dubbed the scent Sawuuhsch. Today, you left me for the One Million Lovers myself. I didn't think you would mutate into a hype fragrance. You were just very different from the sweet, sticky and sultry teen scents. Fresh, peppery and just perfectly rounded. You became my signature scent and I was one of the few who considered you an essential at the beginning of your career. And even though I smell you on someone else these days, I still think you're fabulous. Only we can't be friends anymore. You're not the unique scent you used to be. But as the saying goes, "It's not you...". I hope you remain in the memory of all of us Sauvage lovers as an honorable all-around fragrance.

Take it well, your Ioannis!

WhoIsDennis
From the skyline to the curb
What should be the first designer fragrance for me at the end of 2016, far from Bruno Banani and consorts that filled my Kallax shelf until then, was for years my secret tip in points dates and night walks with ladies of the same age with which I used to keep the conversation topics as simple as the fragrance DNA of Sauvage: Fresh, peppery but striking.
What worked well for a while according to the motto, "Never change a running system". Rarely I chatted about the name of this unique insider tip the Sauvage 2016 was still. After a dozen bottles that I have loaded through it started slowly.... More and more often, my young nose caught the sweet ambroxan scent in local shisha cafes in the evening hours, which Francois Demachy has brought into harmony with pepper and patchouli like no other. From those moments on, I realized: an unstoppable breakup would beovr me. Because once the Sauvage wave is started, it can not be stopped and does not stop at anyone. More and more often I got regular Ambroxan overdoses. The memories of unforgettable dates have unfortunately given way to young middle-aged teenagers wearing litres of Sauvage. Unique scent, maybe that's his problem too.
360red
My entry into the world of perfume
My entry into the perfume world.
I really like him and the people in my environment probably also. I recognize him namely again and again at friends or colleagues. And also the one or other nice comment and compliment was not long in coming.
François Demachy, the perfume creator at Dior said:
"For the creation of Sauvage, the man was my starting point. The pure and obvious masculinity. Like the image of a man that is timeless and never goes out of fashion."
Pretty accurate if you ask me. Because this fragrance really never goes out of style. I love it. At first it smells aquatic and then we fruity fresh and woody.
Of course, with Johnny Depp as the face of Dior Sauvage, it also gained quick acquaintance. But quite apart from the fact that he was super marketed and smells wonderful, you can also still wear him in almost any situation.
A must in every perfume collection.
He is not for nothing so successful. Accordingly, he was of course already copied quite a few times.
To the Dupes I can say but unfortunately not much.

The Modern Man
I like it. Is fresh, citrusy, a little bit smoky, metallic, slightly sweet and very masculine.

Dior has some of the best and most iconic fragrances. Iris (Dior homme), aromatic citrus (Eau Sauvage), violet leaf (Fahrenheit), Fig (Dune for men), etc ... Sauvage brings the metallic-amber compound (ambroxan) and a juicy Bergamot to offer a very fresh, modern and long lasting experience.

I saw many hate when it was released and for the simple fact that it smells boring, screechy and not interesting. But the fact is that 6 years later, is one of the best sellers and a very influential fragrance. An iconic one, like it or not. Like Fahrenheit is. Or even 1 million. Fragrances that not everybody love but they defined a style, a wave of new fragrances, a status quo.

Sauvage inspired many others but it still the best combination of metallic and fresh citrus. The Elixir is also great but in a different way. Many will compare it to Bleu de Chanel but i don't find them similar in many aspects. While Bleu is more a traditional woody aromatic with an ambery base, Sauvage is more citrusy with a weird metallic ambroxan note.

If you want a modern masculine, with good quality and mass appeal, go for it. Don't be affeaid to buy a best seller. It's really decent and i recommend it for a signature scent or just to grab and go. Never fails and lasts +8h.

Fahrenheit, Eau Sauvage and Dior Homme are legends in Dior's lineup, and although this is not a masterpiece, is still a staple.

4/5
the famous Beast by Dior
I own Sauvage already for 2 years and had not even half of the bottle used . for me he is too strong and sometimes a little unpleasant because of the high-dose Ambroxan.
contained Halltbarkeit and sillage are but top! on my skin keeps the thing +12 hours with a sillage of over 3 hours . Price I find very reasonable
who likes this DNA, can not go wrong here
1. Sauvage in my collection
So, writing a short and sweet review since I'm not that experienced at it.
After much deliberation I have now but times a 100ml bottle ordered, without knowing how it actually smells.
One has seen here and also on YouTube all the positive recession and reactions, I thought: come, try it is worth.
So ordered: pleased, unpacked, sweater armside sprayed and thought" oh, okay .....hmmmmmm."
Somewhere the first whiff reminds me of some other perfume.
And I'm of the opinion ( perception is different for everyone, as we all know) that it has an approximation with some ingredient from Safari Ralph Lauren.
Have it then later times to me normal sprayed, and again came directly to the memory of Safari, since I still have a bottle of it in the car, I have shortly after Safari tested again and find real, there are definitely parallels to.
I find the fragrance in any case interesting, whether he actually arrives so at "women" I can not judge, you will notice it in the future. But since I still own 3 other fragrances of Dior and I draw you me a comparison, I must say, I personally like the others better from the durability:
Dior Homme intense, Dior Homme perfume ( not out the perfume!) And Fahrenheit.
Okay, are all different fragrances, but out of all the Dior I own, I like Dior Homme Parfum followed by DHI and Fahrenheit the best, then Sauvage.
Well well, the price was offer of Sauvage,100ml toilette version 70 euros.
But whether I would buy it again.I do not know.
I find the shelf life okay, but there are other manufacturers that last a lot longer.
Fragrance I find fresh slightly spicy. Something elegant and sporty. But what exactly to describe is as an expert, I can not, unfortunately. Since there are other far from more technical experts here.

VinScentVinScent 4 months ago
It's a love it or hate it fragrance. I love it. Plus it's beast mode (2015 bottle). To me it's the quintessential blue fragrance.
KanPerfumeKanPerfume 5 months ago
Even though it's overused by 2022, it oozes freshness and sexiness. It gets me the most compliments from females! Goes well on my skin! Must have.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 months ago
Fresh shower gel scent with pepper and tons of Ambroxan. Citric, sweet and aquatic with a slightly woody drydown. The opening is quite harsh
JMWeedJMWeed 8 months ago
Solid all around. Everyone knows it for a reason. The A-10 Thunderbolt of scents.
RamonkuRamonku 9 months ago
I like the scent, but according to my girlfriend it smells like the typical old man that chases young girls. I don´t want to smell like that
XakepaXakepa 10 months ago
Lacks character - which is unusual for Dior. But my GF likes it, most girls do. Always a safe choice.
MucahittMucahitt 11 months ago
Swiss army knife!
Blako11Blako11 12 months ago
This fragrance is undoubtedly pleasant to wear, it is one of those that are pleasing to the first smell
PedroCabralPedroCabral 1 year ago
Addictive and refined, but in a rebellious and sensual way (this is the image he gives me). Dior performance... incredible!
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 1 year ago
You can say what you want it just works. Everybody likes it and you do not need to refresh. Bergamotte + lavender and ambroxan

by Irini
Für Fresh 21 echt schräg : na, wer erkennt die Schnüffelnase (links), mit der ungewöhnlichen Testmethode?
by GilAroma
by GilAroma
Ich mag es einfach!
by TomDuft
Für Fresh's Maskulin - Challenge :Männer und Grillen, da muss gelöscht werden (im Sinne von den Durst mit Bier löschen)
by MrNiceGuy
by Sockosophie
by Sockosophie
by Crowzen
by Crowzen
Die 200 ml Flasche :) Super :)
by Tacmaxx
by QRZ91
by Cologne1948
by Cologne1948

Popular by Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior