Sauvage (2015) Eau de Toilette

Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior

Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Ambrox, Elemi resin, Calabrian bergamot, Patchouli, Provençal lavender, Pink pepper, Geranium, Sichuan pepper, Vetiver

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 21.08.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

10.0 9.0 8.0 9.0/10

My first perfume
When I entered the perfume world, I had no idea. I got advice in the perfumery and after two three different scents (all ok, but not convinced me) I got the Dior Sauvage for a test. What the hell is that?! Biting in the nose, slight associations of cheap toilet cleaner and the need to sneeze. No. No way, but too late, he was already on my skin. So that was it for me with perfume for now (I thought). During the course of the day, however, I noticed an extremely pleasant smell coming from the place where I had the perfume. A wonderful freshness with a resiny-woody undertone. Was that really the same perfume I smelled two hours ago?
I then ended up buying the perfume after all and was 2 years and 3 bottles later still very impressed. You can't smell it from too close, but in the air it's just great. The shelf life is at least 7-8 hours, depending on the weather.
After I smelled the scent too often on the street, the Acqua di Gino Profumo became my signature scent. I just didn't want to smell like many others (yes, I know, ADG now the same).
The fragrance is recommended as a safe number for every occasion. It is very versatile and can be worn on any occasion at any time of the year. The durability is more than sufficient and the compliments came from all sides. Whether you want to wear it or not, because too many people simply wear it, is up to you. I won't even buy him although I always float in nostalgia when he meets me on the street.
8.0 9.0 8.0 9.0/10

The first perfume love !
About 2 years ago.....At that time I still had no relation to perfumes, let alone such a strong affection for different scents.
I was visiting my mother when my brother came to pick us up because we were invited by relatives. My big brother was waiting on the couch and I was lost in thought 2 meters away. In this trivial everyday moment, a fragrance cloud grazed me, enveloping me and my olfactory perception like an invisible veil.

My first thought ...

What in the world smells so damn good here...

Male!

Fresh!

Clear!

Peppery!

And this Ambrox note that knocked me over (At that time I had no idea of Ambrox let alone a scent note at all)

Immediately I had to ask what perfume he was wearing and he said DIOR SAUVAGE.

That was the beginning of my perfume journey. The incessant search for the perfect fragrance among thousands. The most beautiful addiction I have developed in my whole life, but I digress...

To the fragrance: A super fragrance that goes in my opinion to every season and damn well with the opposite sex arrives.

Big disadvantage: Meanwhile this is already the second Cool Water, 1 million, Le Male or in other words every second man has this scent in his inventory.
9.0 9.0 8.0 7.0/10

Norleans
Let's leave the bottle in the village
I call it "mercy of late birth," or "perfume affiliation." Sauvage is jafast as hotly discussed and torn apart as the one whose name must not be mentioned, with the numerous sorcerer's apprentices who almost smell like him.

I came across Sauvage EdT last year on a USA vacation when an eager lady behind the perfume counter of a major department store in Panama City (Florida, not Panama) was holding a strip of Sauvage EdT fragrance under my nose, flanked by a life-size cardboard salesman of a smooth ironed and freshly photo texted Johnny Depp. Maybe he drank a lot of water before the photos, changed his way of life and renounced dairy products, I don't know exactly.
In any case, I found the EdP a little too violent, peppery, stabbing. But I found the direction itself quite good. The lady then showed me the EdT, which I had never consciously smelled before. I really liked that and searched for my wife in the depths of the shoe department of the department store in question. When I found her after many hours (joking), I proudly held out my wrist to her and wanted to hear her voice. I don't want to repeat the whole monologue, but terms like "Pfui Deiwel, näh, Kopfschmerz" etc. were used. So the visit in the department store did not end with a purchase of the flacon (but with new shoes, many, many).

Back at home a friend at a higher age (Ü-80, but mentally, like clothing technically still top-fit) wore the Sauvage EdP freshly given by his wife and again I found it mega! My wife didn't think it was great, but also not bad (?) When she explained that it was the same smell as in Panama City, she didn't really want to believe it.
It took me almost another year to get a bottle. I haven't regretted it and really liked wearing it, though not very often. Unlike my prescribers (ambiguity unintentional), I don't often smell Sauvage on others. This may be because I avoid public transport, where it's only possible and also professionally not much to do with the much-scold young men and students, who allegedly all put on this smell and that which is not allowed to be named.

Ambrox, shower gel, Sauvage is almost always possible - except when it should be quite formal and classic, then I use GIT (which is also very common on my neck).

If you read this commentary very promptly, you might notice that my sauvage is just part of my souk. The reason for this is that my collection has grown exponentially in recent months, probably due to cell division of the flacons. That's why I'm separating myself from a few fragrances that I can most easily do without, even if I still find them great :-)

Thanks for reading.
8.0 8.0 1.5/10

A fragrance for Mr. Gernegroß
Every morning it's the same gauntlet run at the main station: you can't avoid the Sauva clouds of students and young working men - people, people, why do you all want to smell the same? And then you're just as hideous? (If someone from this clientele has put on something else, he usually smells like Aventus.) Sauvage smells for me not only unpleasant, but also unpleasant. An aura of meanness emanates from him. He says to me, "elbow out," "move, here I come." Much too loud, much too intrusive, too little gallantry, too little style. A person with bad manners comes to mind. Amazing what a smell can do - after all, it succeeds.
9.0 10.0 10.0 8.0/10

ScentSlave
Time has passed and the wave has gone with it
A lot of people have moved on to the Lucky One Million wagon, and/or moved on to using the EDP on the rebound purchase.... that’s why I can sneak this one in once in a while... i prefer this one over the EDP because it’s “louder”, and the sillage carries further. Both are/were played out, but that wagon has gone on to the Aventus (or it’s clones)for the masculine wagon, or the sweet (Lucky/Invictus) train. I’m gonna give it a few months, and I can sneak this bad boy out and annoy the die hards
9.0 8.0 9.0 7.0/10

Fraqmental
the pepper mill for fashion victims
one thing first of all, for this perfume you have to be an absolute lover of spicy fragrances. Dior Sauvage has been in my closet for some years and at the beginning I didn't dare to wear it in public for quite a while, because I got such a negative comment right at the beginning, that I didn't know if anyone would like it myself.
At that time Sauvage was more of a blind buy and by being hyped everywhere without end, I thought I couldn't do anything wrong with it.
The very first comment to this fragrance was: "ihh, he smells disgusting! Has it expired? It's disgusting, that stench..."
After that I wore it only for myself more often at home and actually liked it, even though I was still insecure.
Although it is very spicy and peppery and one or the other may perhaps even notice a kind of sting in the nose after spraying (which can be attributed to Ambroxan) but this note subsides after some time and there remains a fresh, spicy & aquatic fragrance, which is very intense, ultralong and gives an exceptionally good projection.

With Sauvage you run the risk of catching too much of a good thing and you should be careful with the trigger, especially if you spend the rest of your day in closed rooms, because it can happen that one or the other colleague sometimes stands in front of the open window sash, signalling.

Outside however quite well portable, at best in spring and summer, whereby I do not want to smell it with glistening heat really. Autumn Dior Sauvage can also bag it for itself, in winter I don't wear it, it seems a bit too metallic and cold to me.

As the Swiss army knife and the most beloved perfume, as it is called by the masses, I wouldn't classify it. It has certainly shaped the market but if this fragrance had not appeared under the name Dior, but under a less established brand, the big hype around this fragrance would probably be just a fraction of what it is now.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

undeserved hate
Many bash on Sauvage for being overused, for being 'unoriginal' and played up but a cliché is a cliché for a reason, because it's good, because it works.
If you can see past these complaints then you'll find that Sauvage is a spring and summer staple. Fresh, long lasting, great performance and what else could you ask from a fresh scent?

If you don't mind what others wear and want something proven to work, smells great and performs then try Sauvage
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Milat
Great perfume for spice lovers
Horny perfume, smells long and strong.

Flacon is successful and who loves perfumes the spicy smell is very well served here.

Top all-rounder, again and again
7.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Coemgen
My entry into the world of perfume
I don't think I have to describe this fragrance here very much, there are a lot of comments that would do it better than me. Of course one can be divided about "Dior - Sauvage", but one thing I want to get rid of. This fragrance has brought me into the world of perfume and finally led me into this forum, and I am convinced that many other people have experienced the same. So I can only be grateful for that perfume.
9.0 7.0 8.0 4.5/10

Vandal insect spray....
Childhood in the country... the cowshed is teeming with flies... the farmer hanged flypapers. These are such sticky things on which the annoying insects stick and thus find their death.
If the plague becomes even too big he reaches for a green-purple metal can and sprays on the walls of the stable where the flies have gathered. (A stinging, perfumed, hairspray-like fog settles on the flies, which now tremble and become weaker and weaker.
The smell burned itself into my skin, found it already horrible at that time.
Not that I was sorry for the flies.
But when I smelled Sauvage for the first time, I immediately got the association of this insect spray.
I haven't smelled this smell of the insect spray anywhere since my childhood, and I also don't know if the smell of that time is still identical with the smell of the spray sold today.
In any case, I find Sauvage on men rather "cow stable-like". If someone should have the opportunity to test Vandal Insect Spray where, I would be pleased about feedback.
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Dancehall12
The best scent when you just want to smell good
Sauvage has become my standard recommendation when someone asks me what to buy.
Sauvauge meets all the criteria a modern fragrance should meet with Bravur.
The fragrance is pleasant and striking, the performance is very strong, the bottle pleasing and of high quality and the price is still reasonable considering the performance.
Sauvage will certainly not tempt old perfume bunnies behind the oven, it is too "normal" for that, but for the normal population out there who just want a good fragrance, Sauvage is ideal.
Oh, well, not unimportant to some. This fragrance is also very popular with women of all ages. The scent is not for nothing with a well-known perfumery chain for 4 years on the first 3 ranks of the Topsellerliste.
You can therefore access it without hesitation and become happy without a wish.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

May I like you?
At least as interesting as the fragrance itself is the meta-fragrancegame that revolves around it and similar celebrities like Aventus.
Those like him polarize, but not because of the scent, but because being for or against him alone is already a perfume political statement. Are you (too) mainstream if you like Sauvage? Don't you notice the synthetics, and what a blender he actually is? Isn't that what everyone's wearing right now? What do the other perfumers think of me when I comment on it? Am I doing this to get awards? Should I also write something now, although everything has already been said here?
Does that matter?
Sometimes I wish I could experience fragrances again as I saw them before my passion for perfume, before parfumo.de.
Review of the November 2016 cruise in the western Mediterranean, duty-free shop on board the Costa Mediterranea. So far bought an over 10 EUR perfume in life. Montblanc Legend, weil´s what Fierce is like. Then, because there's time between the stays in the country: trial sniffing. A few police skulls later: Sauvage. Brand new, and for me: completely different. A cloud of sweetened pepper. Sharp, intense, showery, he came along, but somehow of a higher quality: Otto Kern, Christina Aguillera and Bac. Above all, it's more durable. Much more durable.
But what soll´s. Over 10 EUR for a perfume? Not with me.
But Sauvage accompanied me all day long. And the next morning. After the shower. Until then, this was a phenomenon that started with many a scent addiction and separated the perfume from the normal consumer: the nose kept moving to the wrist, although the scent could not have changed in three minutes. Although we know that sniffing at the point of entry has nothing to do with the actual effect of the scent, it even distorts the perception of the scent. But if it does smell so good. Hmmmm. You know that, I think.
The stupid thing was that the duty-free shop accompanied me for a week, so to speak, so that I had to go there again on day two and took the thing with me. At that time I thought Ar...expensive, from today's point of view with 60 EUR for 100ml a bargain, especially since the heavy flacon with magnetic closure is also good, and only then the voluminous, finely scattering atomizer - gibt´s in the Bac league so not.
What am I getting at? In my opinion, anyone who smells Sauvage without knowing the whole discussion about it, without comparing it with dozens of others in advance, without weighing up who he is like, what trend he is serving, what target group and how evil the whole industry is (reformulations, flankers, cash cow) - in short: without being biased, can only come to the conclusion: Beautiful!
Sauvage is synthetical, yes, but that may still be a reason for devaluation per se. But you have to like the peppery spice, I admit that. Especially in the top note it comes across a bit scratchy, but for me this only underlines the freshness, and therefore it is also very well wearable at high temperatures without any lemon airiness.
Perfumes are very, very taste-dependent and are also perceived very subjectively. That's a good thing, and it's what makes our hobby so exciting. Surely there are differences in quality, and scents of different demands. Some people you have to get used to first. What should be decisive, however, is the gut feeling that a fragrance can evoke, not a headstrong analysis of the fragrance pyramid, the sales statistics or the perfumer's CV. No, just the very personal association. I like him or I don't like him. It's a pity that Sauvage, like many others (Montblanc´s Legend, One Million), is no longer granted this privilege.
9.0 10.0 10.0 8.5/10

Oetzi
Topical application of Ambrox(an) in the hospital
Even though there are already many comments on this fragrance, I still have to say a few words about this hotly debated fragrance. There is seldom a fragrance that can inspire the masses so much and at the same time annoy them so much.

I would like to tell you about my experiences with this fragrance. I belong to the group of people who like to buy bottling/samples from other users in order to test them in everyday life. I've been taking a break from perfume for a long time, so I didn't even notice the hype about this perfume. When the bottling finally arrived at my place and I put the first sprayer on my skin, I thought only one thing: "Pooh...what is this heavy stuff!"
Something bit its way into my nose and was so peppery, sharp and unusual that I just liked it because I had never smelt it to this extent before. That had to be the Ambrox(an).

Well... off we go into practical application. Topical application to the skin and off to the hospital. It should be noted here that I work as a doctor in the hospital and had night duty on the ward and in the emergency room on that day.
The service started quite quietly and became wilder and wilder with time. The sprayed Sauvage, which I had heard a lot myself in the first hours, had increasingly disappeared....at least I thought! When I was on the ward about 6 hours later to clarify things with the nurses, I was stopped on the way back to the emergency room:
"Doctor!"
I went back: "Yes?"
"What's the name of that perfume you're wearing?"
"Dior Sauvage. That bad? Can you smell it till then?" (I stood about 3 meters away)
"No! It smells incredibly good!"
For a few minutes I was completely fascinated by this fragrance. I certainly didn't take a shower with that scent. The service lasted for a while and I actually got a total of 4 compliments that night (a nurse actually approached me to ask for the name of the fragrance).

One thing was for sure: The bottle will be bought! And I haven't regretted it yet. Maybe it's this medical chemical note that deterrs many a hospital muffle, but causes euphoria among people working in the medical sector. I can only say one thing with certainty: Even with a certain synthetic, many people will like him, even love him!
Even if this fragrance should be known in Parfumo or in the "Frag Community", it is still relatively unknown to most people. If you like the fragrance, wear it and don't let anyone tell you that everyone wears it and knows it (and even if...what the hell?).
The durability and projection are outstanding. Even if you can't smell it anymore... It's just there! Therefore:
Topical application at your own risk. For risks and side effects, read the package insert or ask your doctor or pharmacist!
8.0 8.0 9.0 6.5/10

Less is more!
Too much! Too artificial! To mainstream!
Perhaps this perfume may make some ladies' hearts and senses beat faster, but my headaches at most start here as soon as the fragrance rises into my nose and there is a synthetic uproar.

The fragrance lacks character and naturalness.
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Mostly for spring & summer
Pretty nice fragrance. When I first discoverd it, I was blown away. In a good way. Pleasant freshness, citrusy, synthetic and sharp. Long lasting power, but it became too popular. Too many people are using it. That’s why it lost its magic. Great performance (9+ hours) with strong projection (at least 3 hours). Versatility plays home with this one. Good for a signature scent, good for work, good for casual uses (less sprays), good for dates and so on. Almost any season, except deadly winter (for me).
Pretty pricy but it worth it.
Overall rating : 8/10
8.0 5.5/10

Hayleyyy
Yes! Or no, somehow not. Or is it?
Sauvage, Sauvage. You've been heard all over the place.
So I thought to myself, you grab the device and test it.

I don't know if I like him or not. When I wear it, it makes me uncomfortable. He doesn't really stand out, and when he does, you know him. Other days I'm just in the mood for him.
You definitely don't do anything wrong with him, but he's really overused today.

Now for something that I find really strange. Maybe somebody will agree with me? This warmth and "stuffness" that this fragrance brings with it... That somehow always reminds me of when you came to a classroom where a class had been teaching before and there was no window open...
5.0 7.0 9.0 8.0/10

Perfomos
The best fragrance for everyday use
I smelled it for the first time, I have this scent with a friend. I fell right in love with the scent. This is simply the perfect fragrance for everyday use. That's how many compliments I got from Dior Savage. There is almost nothing wrong with this great fragrance, except that many people wear it. In the beginning the fragrance is well fruity and after some time rather spicy
10.0 8.0 10.0 8.0/10

Ice cold smoke - Citric opening
A fragrance that everyone should know by now, a fresh citrus attack with a smoky/ashy base.

Recommendation for the summer? No.
Recommendation for the rest? Yes.

9.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

PourHomme
The silent seducer at the next table ..
This is my second comment on the fragrance, because at first I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about the fragrance DNA, but after several samples I am now overwhelmed by this perfume.
Only I was thinking about buying the EdT or the EdP and after a direct comparison I chose the EdT because it is a bit fresher and fits well for the coming spring.
The EdP is somewhat warmer from the base note and does not give off such an intense freshness as the EdT.
Well, we're talking about the eau de toilette here This begins with an elegant freshness, paired with the bergamot sneaks a light strength that is simply unique !
After a few minutes, the freshness dominates and Sauvage's pleasant, elegantly warm strength is released and deposited on the skin for the next few hours.
In addition, the fragrance is paradoxically inconceivable strikingly inconspicuous. Yeah, that's what I meant! Sauvage sits in his seat and appears every time you call him. What I mean by this is explained by this example:
On every date I sprayed perfume like D&G The One or Boss Bottled with the hope to get a compliment, in vain. It was only when I had Sauvage that I was complimented at work, by friends and on dates. With my previous perfumes, I could never weigh exactly how many sprayers to use to achieve an ideal sillage. He's inconspicuous here. The Sillage is ideal, not too much, not too little. It's not a scent that screams: Here I am! No, he calmly enters the restaurant and walks towards his table, radiating a quiet self-confidence that immediate guests will perceive as you walk past them. Then the nose of the people follows the discreet Sillage and wonders what a hammer scent this might be ? And the gentleman with this perfume sits quietly in his place with his date and enjoys the quiet, inconspicuous attention.
How do I reach this Sillage?
Well I always spray 2-3 shocks on my work, when going out there can be up to 5 shocks to get positive feedback and secret looks.

Altogether I would call Dior Sauvage really an all-rounder, because he is incredibly noble, elegant, fresh, masculine and very comfortable to wear ! It also fits perfectly to work, to go out, to the suit you can wear it well, even to the leather jacket it fits very well ! It has more features than any other perfume on the market, so this is clearly one of my Top 10 fragrances and I can recommend it to any man looking for an all-rounder :).
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

pudelbonzo
The switch overcomes the hard one
Just remembered that the good friend will have his birthday soon.

Yes, a gift book is already ready for him - but I know that my husbands appreciate to get a scent from me.

And W is also a grateful fragrance buyer, which makes me happy, because I like to go on the search.
I have to go to Kstadt today anyway.

And intuitively, I was heading for Sauvage.

On my pa I liked the Eau Sauvage - so I was in a positive mood.

But the start stopped me - the greeting was so harsh, almost harsh.
The friend is on the one hand a masculine appearance - on the other hand a soft-hearted animal docki.
Is it the elemi resin that receives me so pithy kerlig ?

No, W does not carry this attitude within him - and his four-legged patients are also delicately strung.

So I turn away - and turn to cuddly plush when I am enveloped in a soft, cozy lavender note - with flowery rose geranium.
I look around for the reason for this fragrance and find my own back of the hand.
Oh - what conversion !
Cloud-softly the "savage" surrounds me - calm and tame.
Patch looks deep, but light - and Vetiver has a sympathetic earth.
A round, harmonious impression is created - unobtrusive because it is close to the skin.

Now Sauvage also makes sense to my sensitive friend.

I look into his Zen gift book and read:

The water overcomes the fire -
the soft overcomes the hard.

Carlitos01 54 days ago
The fragrance isn't bad. It's even quite agreable. But it is highly overrated and many people are disappointed with this perfume.+4
Vilar 7 months ago
Nothing special. Move on.+2
1.0
DavidBraz 11 months ago
It has one of the biggest clouds i've ever felt. It's not a masterpiece but it smells good. Like to wear it once in a while. Bergamot+Ambrox
KLewis 12 months ago
Very popular, instantly recognisable, her ex probably had it...
ScentsByKK 12 months ago
Sweet, Creamy, Woody
Akunin 16 months ago
Great performance , long lasting , great silage , great all-rounder for every season and every occasion . 10/10+1
Jazzy76 17 months ago
I recently met a friend and a cloud of perfume involved me. I asked him: "What are you wearing?""Sauvage by Dior". Very good and intense.
IanFriedrich 19 months ago
It's a love/hate fragrance. I dislike it coz it's mass pleasing.
Honestly, I can say that every time I smell Sauvage, I get addicted to it.+1
harveynone 2 years ago
Gets unsolicited compliments from Uber drivers. Needs 15 minutes to settle down. Although my nose gets fatigued, people do notice my silage.+1
PMRP12 3 years ago
Like a crisp, freshly laundered white buttoned shirt; always appropriate and distinctly masculine.+4
JManDave 3 years ago
Only like Sauvage so-so, it's hardly a favorite. But every single time I wear it, it draws compliments, so I feel compelled to continue.+3
Elysium 3 years ago
Hey, what's wrong with it? A body of dark lavender surrounded by smooth bergamot, a tinge of peppercorn mix, and a soul of bittersweet amber!+2
Hermesh 4 years ago
The scent that fights wild and disoriented with spicy, citric, fresh, fruity-floral notes.+2
5.0
OPomone 4 years ago
A vision of hell:
Sauvage in autumn
1 Million in winter
Boss Bottled in spring
Allure Homme Sport in summer.
Well, I think I'm going to puke.+13
1.0

by BruceLee
by BruceLee
Für Fresh's Maskulin - Challenge :Männer und Grillen, da muss gelöscht werden (im Sinne von den Durst mit Bier löschen)
Ich mag es einfach!
Hamburg
by Seriii94
by Seriii94
by Bajki
Die 200 ml Flasche :) Super :)
by Nizarito