Sauvage 2015 Eau de Toilette

Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Coco (Eau de Parfum)

AmbroxAmbrox
VetiverVetiver

8.21997 Ratings

7.82008 Ratings

8.02097 Ratings

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 29.07.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

Smells like any other.
The Duor Sauvage is a neat fragrance but without peculiarity. The fragrance smells like any other and has nothing that makes it stand out. Nevertheless, he smells pleasant and good. The fresh and citrusy nature is well tolerated, but nothing overwhelming. It doesn't stand out. He is very well received by people and is a good everyday fragrance with which you can not do much wrong. The fragrance is therefore overall just Ok. The durability and sillage
however, is very good. So he keeps with me Locker 10 hours and Projeziert c.a 4 - 5 hours. The flacon is very boring in my opinion and could also be a perfume from Aldi.

All in all, I can recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good everyday fragrance. For people who want attention, but is nothing because the fragrance DNA is simply not herraussticht
Lollipop445
New thoughts about old love
My first purchase of a perfume at all, and only because of the ingeniously staged advertising campaign - have tried to capture a little the colors on the picture. So what do we have here - but the better question is, what do we expect(?)

After the spot with dear Johnny I think of the cold-bare desert, where the wolves rage and the sun sets in the blood-red horizon. So many impressions from which you can make a perfume - Dior has not missed at the time and has presented with Sauvage a fresh peppery Ambroxan Immergeher, which was thoroughly hyped. Admittedly, Sauvage is very easy to recommend, there's not really anything to understand here, the fragrance is not at all mysterious or disguising what it is, contrary to the grandiose advertising. He is not bad, he is not good - somewhere in the middle standardized and positioned Sauvage.

You could have made more of it, something tangy like blood orange on all sorts of woods with a green heart, so I would have wished mes, but life is known no request concert XD
Praise & recognition!
I like the scent of Sauvage and I couldn't care less what other self-proclaimed "scent experts" think of this fragrance. In my environment, there has not yet been a single person who has commented negatively on this fragrance in any way. Quite the contrary. This fragrance even produces compliments or favorable comments from such people who otherwise don't care about fragrances at all.

Sauvage is a cleverly marketed, pleasing, fragrant and wearable in any situation composition and therefore rightly so successful. François Demachy, who is also responsible for fragrances such as Dior Homme, Fahrenheit or Eau Sauvage and who was also involved in the creation of Égoïste and various Acqua Di Parma flankers, has once again done everything right here. Sauvage smells pleasantly aquatic at the beginning and in the further course slightly fruity-sweet with a touch of spice. The so often and gladly mentioned "Beast-Mode" or even the so often cited, intrusive "In-Your-Face" Sillage of Sauvage, I can so not at all understand. I grew up with fragrances like Antaeus, Lagerfeld Classic, Giorgio, Aramis, Kouros or Boss No. 1. THOSE were performance monsters! Against such bangers of yesteryear, Sauvage is downright lukewarm. Even the promotional support of Johnny Depp can't change that. Also the durability of Sauvage I feel as rather average.

What is not missing with such a successful fragrance like Sauvage are the countless dupes or let's call them quiet copies, which are often very well oriented to the original and are usually much more affordable. For a fraction of the price of Dior Sauvage, you can now get dupes that are not even clearly distinguishable from the original in a direct blind test, often with the same sillage and sometimes even better durability. In my opinion, this circumstance makes it less and less necessary to buy the original nowadays. I therefore consider the zenith of Sauvage's success to have been passed, even though the fragrance composition as such is likely to remain successful, because it lends such a well-groomed, fresh and pleasing aura that would never be inappropriate in any situation and that most people take note of and simply like. This success of Dior Sauvage and its creator François Demachy must be acknowledged without envy.
DerGraf
Mountain, full moon and the metallic coyote
I've heard a few things about Sauvage. A colleague at work said it smelled like literally "a lonely mountain in Ausstralia with a coyote howling at the full moon". Wow. I'll have to try that. If a fragrance can conjure up such head-spinning cinema, it's certainly something for the old count.
I want the mountain, the full moon and the coyote complete with howl!
I'm heilfroh that I could test a few Ml before, because cheap this ultra-famous fragrance is not yes, even if one offers full-bodied even a 100 ml Refillfläschchen.

And I'm really grateful that I have tested it extensively before, because this fragrance is somewhere extremely unpleasant. I'm not just judging the scent itself here, but also the aggressive marketing. Not a day goes by that I don't get this stuff advertised to me via Facebook or Twitter. It is my opinion, and it is simply my private opinion, that they are relentlessly promoting a bad product here to distract from its abysmal quality. Sure, tastes differ. Therefore again: it is my private opinion.

When applying it is for me very harmonious, somewhere fruity juiciness, as soon as it is an hour old, however, this disappears, what remains is a penetrating metallic freshness, which lasts reasonably long, but... who needs a metallic coyote?
I find Sauvage generally quite unimaginative, it may have its raison d'être, but it's just nothing special. Other manufacturers (in this price segment) can do better,
What remains for me is somewhere mediocre, which was very strongly hyped

Overhyped and overhated
The typical long-lasting nightclub buzz coming from the ambrox boost. Obviously, that's the part that polarizes. That and the marketing campaign being too successful, I guess. It's more a 'join-the-cool-club' scent than something to stand out with. Then again, we can say the same about Layton and Aventus nowadays.

The scent itself.. Bergamot, aromatics, pepper, elemi. Not too bad. Outstanding performance. I would have liked this in my younger days as a nightclubber. Not that I feel old.. or.. oh well, never mind..

The old reliable
How to turn it and he always goes, whether leisure, work, or sports. I wear him anyway mainly in spring and summer.

The fragrance itself is peppery, fresh, aquatic and slightly sweet (EdP much sweeter) but still has a tendency dark aura. For me, it works best in the evening. Performance, sillage and price are also top in my opinion!

At times this was one of my first fragrances and saves me to this day when I don't know what to wear.
Super signature scent and mainly women comment on this one and so far always positive. (Other fragrances like somehow only men at me *Ombre Nomade*)

Actually, the only thing you can reproach this fragrance, that so many have and wear it
but the other way around is just proof of how good it is. I will definitely have him longer in my collection, even if he is now not necessarily my personal favorite.
Jujumu
My "guilty pleasure" among fragrances. (And what the fragrance has to do with Mariah Carey's voice for me)
To be honest my perfume journey started with this fragrance :D

I have considered me to get this fragrance and I was advised against it, because but all the would have and I should look but times rather here and there and it fits but better this or that to me ... I followed the so easy as I am to influence XD And I have not regretted it. Since I got to know many now beautiful fragrances and now also in my showcase to stand. Well... "many" by my standards :D

Despite everything, Sauvage has not let me go.

I mean to know that I first came into contact with this fragrance in the hotel room when I moved to a new city. It was towards the end of 2015 so around the time the fragrance came out. Probably has since one sprayed around with it and the scent was always there when I came into the room (about ne week long).
That time was very lonely and scary for me, as I was leaving home for the first and last time to start over in a city, which didn't go very smoothly at first. Being in the room with this freshness brought me down incredibly and I felt very safe and clean. I could often detect it in the streets and so I was sure it must be a popular perfume. Never had the time to look into it further though and eventually it did slip my mind. A few years passed and it promptly fell into my hands. The host of a house party was wearing it and when I asked him that I had been looking for it for a long time and what it was, he was kind enough to hand me the bottle.

And yeah last week I was like, fuck all the cool people who hate this because everyone knows it. You love this fragrance and you can do it like when your parents hated Mariah Carey because they found her voice annoying XD *Rebel with Mainstream.*
It doesn't always have to be the fancy stuff that gets people riled up :P Sometimes it's just enough if they have a certain presence and quality.

I have I Him now again in the curtains sprayed to have this Feeling again.

Oh and another association I have together with the Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier: When I hold my nose close to it I think of how I jump into the water head over heels although I get in reality what quite different ... (Mostly cold water in the nose, what neatly headache causes :')) and what very pleasantly soapy have the two for me.
My conclusion: sprays you no matter what fragrance if you want, when you want and where.... :D

And the bottle with the magnet closure is great and practical!

Once upon a time
When this came out i was very surprised in a good way. This could have been “niche” instead of overwelming the world With Johny Depp his face. Great fragrance & great commercial = became less special.
If for example Dior brought this out in their private collection , this could be a groundbreaker back then. Instead they went for € and must admit ...well done.
Great scent, Great value ..but this could have been so much more !!
Walk of shame
...or else how I developed the feeling that I'd fallen into the clutches of a grandson scam artist.

Disclaimer: I am an older gentleman of advanced retirement age who has applied fragrances all his life for personal pleasure. I do not have an analytical nose and professional background knowledge, nor the urge to remain as objective as possible in reviews, as far as this seems at all possible with fragrances.

The person does not become unemployed as a pensioner. Rather, he must in addition to all actions to be performed just those before also still independently search, find and invent if necessary, without thereby for God's sake not to torpedo the strictly structured and planned routines of the younger and neater busier generations.

And because Pandemie and Lockdown react completely unsympathetic to the hourglass of my life, I have now just for the first time THE Crowdpleaser par excellence, namely the infamous Dior Sauvage Edt. acquired as a blind buy, in order to get to the bottom of the secret of its global success quite personally, whereby the depth of this lake - as should crystallize quickly - in all its simplicity would rather be counted to the non-swimmer area.

The actual foundation of the fragrance here is a very round, creamy and pleasing sweetness, which we were allowed to get to know in a similar form already with other hyped fragrances,
eg with Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Mâle or JS Sun Men .
François Demachy and his team hide but this sweet bouquet refined thorny-like in the midst of a rude hedge of tart-bitter woods and a very subtle patchouli modrigkeit (almost in the way a bartender would sink a shot of Noilly Prat Vermouth in the sweet Strawberry cocktail), which should give the fragrance not only a greater sophistication, but also make it ready for the fragrance market of the post-nineties.

That Sauvage is a wholly pleasing fragrance is not at all in the slightest doubt, and I can certainly understand why legions of young ladies obsessively rub the perfumed crumpled (and accidentally forgotten) shirts of their current sweethearts over their own faces.

My own enthusiasm, however, is a little more muted. During the evening walk, I feel caught in the paranoid thought that a random stranger coming towards me because of this already a little greasy chavvy synthetic core sweetness could tacitly accuse me of a pathological form of opportunism, which would be due not only to the notoriety of this Eau de toilettes, but also the little subtle construction.

I feel in this regard again and again small waves of shame rising in me, must nevertheless confess at this point that I would still sniff my wrist many times this evening, and feel like the victim of a grandchild trick. I know the method, understand the procedure, imagine that such a thing would never happen to me, and yet fall into the trap ......

.....although a sweet one, in which one's own grandchildren pull away an empty wallet by a rip cord as soon as one bends over for it as a grandfather.

A recommendation to pronounce is superfluous at this point, since an encounter with this fragrance for each Parfumaficionado must inevitably seem as inevitable as their own death.
And therefore I spare myself to describe the aesthetics of the flacon as only mediocre, because other and cheaper designer fragrances in this area perform far more, such a consideration would have to seem as meaningful as the aesthetic evaluation of their own grave urn.

In this sense
Memento mori
Rickert
Parroting and things that cause head shaking & wonderment
To briefly adhere to the guidelines for writing a review...

The fragrance smells fresh, clean and I personally like it very much.
It is in my opinion wearable for women, men, androgynous people,
Bigender, woman to man (FzM),gender variable. Genderqueer.
intersexual (also inter*) and diverse of all ages. As an all-rounder, not to have to say swiss pocket knife, from visiting the in-laws, poetry slam, hippster Spilunke, to going to the toilet absolutely suitable.
The durability with 8Std.+ and charisma with about 4Std. are very good for me.

He is for me like a night in which the white horse with the hooves, gallops over the flotsam wetted by the sea and I start from the smell of a ....# what a nonsense, we are not so!

What strikes me when reading many reviews and statements over and over again is that for me so perceived parroting.
Are we here actually at the Asch experiment of 1951 J. For perfume lovers / *inside?
How many times can you be hit by the ambroxin owl, and lose your incisors?
How do all the self-appointed experts even know so unerringly as Ambroxan smells?
I would highly doubt that!
The inflationary use of words like, toilet cleanser, mainstream plörre, sweet plörre, comes very close to.... very close(written for the tenth time in a row), synthetic something etc. Is moderately exhausting and does not add to individual description or variety.

It's ok for me if you think you're the absolute eloquent niche expert and think you have to explain good taste to people here.
It's okay if you prefer to be olfactorily at home in the urine and diarrhea leagues instead of nasty mainstream pottage, perfectly fine.
One notices a wrong-way driver on the highway, the other thousands, that's just how it is.
It's also ok if you're shorter and a bit stocky and have a Napoleon complex to go with it. someone doesn't like something, but this constant and obvious slobbering after.... What is this?

I like Sauvage, and I'm setting aside four more spare digs for the niche napoleon.

Kind regards?

MucahittMucahitt 1 month ago
Swiss army knife!
Blako11Blako11 2 months ago
This fragrance is undoubtedly pleasant to wear, it is one of those that are pleasing to the first smell
PedroCabralPedroCabral 3 months ago
Addictive and refined, but in a rebellious and sensual way (this is the image he gives me). Dior performance... incredible!
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 3 months ago
You can say what you want it just works. Everybody likes it and you do not need to refresh. Bergamotte + lavender and ambroxan
MrLawmanMrLawman 3 months ago
Perfect/easy grab/overrated/generic/trash. Delete where appropriate since there's such diversity of opinions regarding Sauvage.
Amine1989Amine1989 12 months ago
In first time i liked it but now i cant dig it its too synthetic for me , and that ambroxan is too strong . Go easy on it 2 spray max
DemeteraDemetera 2 years ago
Terror in a bottle with an ambroxan bomb. Should be a great scent but its sillage is 800% of a normal scent, and can smell on every 3rd ppl.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
The fragrance isn't bad. It's even quite agreable. But it is highly overrated and many people are disappointed with this perfume.
VilarVilar 3 years ago
Nothing special. Move on.
DavidBrazDavidBraz 3 years ago
It has one of the biggest clouds i've ever felt. It's not a masterpiece but it smells good. Like to wear it once in a while. Bergamot+Ambrox

by Irini
Für Fresh 21 echt schräg : na, wer erkennt die Schnüffelnase (links), mit der ungewöhnlichen Testmethode?
by GilAroma
by GilAroma
Ich mag es einfach!
by TomDuft
Für Fresh's Maskulin - Challenge :Männer und Grillen, da muss gelöscht werden (im Sinne von den Durst mit Bier löschen)
by MrNiceGuy
by Crowzen
by Crowzen
by TksScent
by TksScent
Die 200 ml Flasche :) Super :)
by Tacmaxx
by DeVitoHH
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior