Sauvage (2015) Eau de Toilette

Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior

Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Ambrox, Elemi resin, Calabrian bergamot, Patchouli, Provençal lavender, Pink pepper, Geranium, Sichuan pepper, Vetiver

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 06.12.2019.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

6.0 5.0/10

mass conformity of arbitrariness
I tested the fragrance when it was released and the result was that Sauvage was completely uninteresting to me. A reserved gentleman in quality, like almost all of the turquoise house.

Today I itched my fingers again and I tested the EDT and the EDP. The result is identical. I mean, if you love niche fragrances, you're probably approaching it with a different claim, although there are many very cheap fragrances that are better than many niche fragrances. The same is true for mainstreamers. The price should not be a criterion whether you like the fragrance or not. In summary, Sauvage is a fragrance that fully conforms to the masses. Sauvage smells completely arbitrary on the same level as tens of other mainstream perfumes. This statement also has nothing to do with individual taste. Just because it comes from DIOR doesn't give me sympathy points. If you ask the normal person on the street, he won't be able to tell you a big difference between a boss, Dior or Chanel. Without corners and edges, the story becomes even more difficult.

My two cents too: There are exceptionally beautiful main streamers who always get top results in blind tests and buy people without a plan from Parfum. If not mentally ill sums were put into Sauvage marketing and the Depps of this world were paid as campaign faces, absolutely nobody would buy the smell.

KnowThis30
Where there seems to be no bad or good, right or wrong...everything is a matter of taste...
Well...what can be said about a fragrance like Dior Sauvage (EDT) that hasn't been said anywhere? Probably nothing! Is it possible to re-compile the scents on a keyboard in a way no person has ever composed before? Probably not! Everything to which it is worthwhile a closer look
has already been described in one form or another in this forum and elsewhere with the greatest possible certainty. Praised, fucked up, hated, envied, loved and idolized...Dior Sauvage.

And yet I would also like to try to express my opinion about this - but at least - opinion-dividing fragrance, as Dior Sauvage can be compared without understatement in his success with the original Acqua di Giò from 1996. Perhaps the success may have been a little slower than before, but today Sauvage is at least as well known and popular as the former king of aquatic fragrances - only with a stronger media presence! First and foremost on the net.
But first, I would like to approach three assertions that I believe cover the plight of this fragrance pretty much:

Statement 1:
Dior Sauvage is - at least from sales-technical view - the probably best example for successful marketing!

Statement 2:
Differently than at the beginning time of the smell by Youtubern and critics torn, it does not concern with Sauvage under any circumstances a bad smell!

Statement 3:
Away from the broad masses the fragrance probably fails among connoisseurs quite rightly due to the fragrance history of the house Dior!

Even though it may seem absurd for a fragrance, I would like to start the actual description with the marketing and advertising of the fragrance, which in my opinion is one of the greatest strengths of this fragrance. Television advertising, advertising banners on the net, presence in forums and blogs, as well as the unmissable campaign in relevant boutiques have brought this fragrance to where it is - to the top of the most popular fragrances.
I myself would like to call myself an involuntary victim of this well-oiled advertising machine, as I bought the fragrance in 2015 shortly after it appeared and emptied the bottle as quickly as probably hardly anyone else before it did. And this despite the really respectable durability - but maybe more about this later.

Yes, I was one of his early first victims, but I never had in mind the aura that is so popular in clubs nowadays!
Because while Dior Sauvage newcomers and casual buyers "only" over the zur
at that time still novel fragrance - with all the Ambrox slingshot which can be bought in the year 2019, it is unmistakably about freeloaders - captured, he lured the connoisseurs - or even only the informed - with his more subtle attractants: The name "Sauvage" deliberately evoked associations with the magnificent former "Eau Sauvage" by the Great Master Edmond Roudnitska from 1966. But even those who only knew the perfume variant of 2012 had a good reason to expect joy, at least intellectually.
And then there's this bottle! Although a little smaller, for the insiders it is comparable to the counterparts of the Privée collection. Fragrances that, due to their price label and their absence as eternally empty testers on the shelves of boutiques, stand for pure luxury - no matter how irrational the thought may seem to some to spend several hundred euros on a single fragrance. And that in 2015 something as inconspicuous and almost banal as a magnetic shutter (in the designer category) was not a matter of course either, should not go unmentioned here.

But what makes this fragrance, this Ambrox centrifuge so popular - I already called it before? In a few words: its universal application possibilities! Just like the Acqua di Giò mentioned at the beginning and some of its current successors and companions, Dior Sauvage is as versatile as few other fragrances.
It can be - and I ask you to forgive my choice of words a little - "prollig" enough for evening festivities, "sober" enough for most office environments, "spicy" enough for the older ones and "fresh" enough for the younger generations.
An almost complete lack of development is more of a disgrace to this fragrance's success, as it often gives the test buyers a much clearer picture than many a branching fragrance of head note, heart note and base note searching for departures. What you smell - if you are able to smell it at all - before the actual purchase, is usually what you get here.
Although...a short objection is still allowed to me: testing on the skin is strongly recommended especially with Dior Sauvage (and also all following Ambrox centrifuges)! A simple sniffing of a test strip at home can in this case contribute to an unwanted hulling of the nose and an annoying relief of the own purse. Because it is precisely this ambrox, which smells so metallic and pungent, that has the ability - or should we say curse - to smell differently on the skin of every owner. Thanks to the own PH-value...et al.

Let's not forget that Dior Sauvage is by no means a bad fragrance! Because let's be honest: even the best marketing may not permanently help a fragrance that stinks to heaven to be successful. And that he - like so many other successful fragrances - falls victim to his success and the inevitably following copies, is nowadays for better or for worse the norm rather than the exception. In 2015 his fragrance was something special! In 2019 he's only one of many!

The fact that Dior Sauvage was so malicious in its early days on Youtube and in corresponding forums, probably owes first and foremost to its initially indefinable purpose, most of the fragrances from Dior were rather something for lovers. Homme, Fahrenheit, Dune and Higher could not all be described as a uniform mush, often needed trained noses or at least several attempts and time to experience admiration and to grow to the heart.
Dior Sauvage, on the other hand, seemed to be made for the masses and not for lovers from the very beginning. Those who studied their worn scent, specifically selected it or ranked it according to purpose and/or season could only be disappointed - all others, however, were simply indifferent!

So was it good that this fragrance saw the light of day in 2015? A clear one: Yes! Many fragrances in the boutiques seem to be of much inferior quality, but due to a lack of popularity they do not receive much criticism. Even if the time of Ambrox may pass at some point and clear the way for other preferences or trends, one can be sure that at least Dior Sauvage - as a quasi beginner of this genre - will continue to have its place on the shelves of fragrances. Maybe no more scent for everyone, but at least still a long time for many and as good as any opportunity.

Or to conclude with the modified words of a Swiss doctor and natural scientist: "Only the dose makes the poison".
7.0 5.0 7.0 6.0/10

Zinken
The moufflon fruit pirates of the Caribbean
The start is actually... intense and not dissimilar to that of Tabac Craftsman - even if one can guess the more noble origin - everything is a little more finely tuned - but nevertheless strikingly artificial.

Fortunately, the mustiness here (in contrast to the Craftsman) also becomes "dry" quite quickly. I say that when the Craftsman has the fruit bowl on the living room table, Sauvage has it in the attic, between dry, slightly dusty beams. It tickles slightly in the nose, as if one had sniffed briefly at the shaker with the white pepper before going upstairs in the kitchen. It's "between the days" and somewhere since Advent there is a colourful plate with oranges, lemons and nuts, which are not yet mouldy and soup through - but you don't want to eat any of them anymore. All of this blows on a fresh - spicy breath, which after two or three hours also prevails, but for my sensation is of the same kind as one gets with Bac or Duschdas. The Sillage is not really intoxicating either.

It doesn't matter. So if I had to choose between the three similar ones (at least as far as the mating of Muffelobst with supposed freshness is concerned) - Sauvage, Terre d'Hermés and Tabac Craftsman - I would reach for Terre - and I didn't like that one either.
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Sauvage, Sauvage and Sauvage again
Good lunch on all sides

Who doesn't know him?
Sauvage, Sauvage and Sauvage again.
It is offered almost everywhere when it comes to perfumeries and drugstores and undoubtedly it enjoys a high degree of popularity which is why it has become quite mainstream.

No wonder. First of all, Dior, the name that is extremely polarized. Then the great advertising campaign and the beautiful bottle.

Well, is that it? No!

The fragrance itself is simply totally alluring, universal and long-lasting. No wonder he's so polarized.

Shouldn't he be worn now because of his popularity? Oh, nonsense!

No matter how popular a perfume may be, no matter who wears it, no matter how sucked it may be, if you like it, if it suits you, then wear it:-).
In addition there is a whole load of Ambroxan (chemical structure) in it (similarly smelling like amber-gris), which adapts itself again to your skin chemistry and/or comes on the skin with each person somewhat differently to the validity. Therefore it sprays on the skin to spray something uniqueness :-). (Self tested with different people. (PH value etc..)
But enough of that.

Now what makes him so good for me?

It starts fresh, very fresh. The bergamot is very good to smell and simply amazing. After a few minutes it becomes slightly peppery, but remains fresh. The Ambroxan note is always present with the freshness and pepperiness of bergamot and pink pepper. At the end it becomes slightly woody and spicy. But in the end, the freshness and spiciness remain until the end.

What I find so ingenious is the freshness of the fragrance. She starts and she stops. That's only the case with a few perfumes. Sauvage is also extremely intense and long-lasting. You have to get it right first with a fresh scent.
That makes it so beautiful and original for me.

It radiates good mood, energy and adventure. Even something mystical due to the spiciness.
In plain language, Sauvage is a perfume that lasts a long time, is fresh and spicy at the same time, is universally applicable and extremely well received.
What more could you ask for?
Sure, there are deeper and more complex scents, but you don't always need them.
Rating

Fragrance: 9,5/10
Application: 10/10
Intensity: 9/10
Shelf life:9/10
5.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Harrock
So these are the "real scents" that everyone's always talking about...
I am now 23 years old and haven't worn many fragrances in the past...
Of course these AXE deodorant sprays I had at that time a lot but the first time with a right perfume I came so with 18 years in connection. Back then for my birthday I got Ck One as a present, which is an incredibly beautiful calm and soapy scent, but also relatively one-sided. For me Ck one was the first perfume but never anything special, so after 2 to 3 years I hardly noticed the scent anymore...So it was time for something new !
so I checked. Online and on Youtube : What's so hot right now, What are the evergreens everyone knows and so on? In the end I tried various perfumes: from Cool Water to Joop Homme, from Versace Eros to One Million . from Aqua di gio to Encre Noir. None of the has convinced me but when I have smelled Sauvage, there it has triggered something in me ... With all the other scents I thought again and again: yes beautiful... but somehow nothing new ... nothing special you have somehow smelled a thousand times. But at Sauvage I recognized the first time, there is still a higher class of perfume . all the other scents are nice but too similar to 08/15 stop . Sauvage triggered emotions in me for the first time, the desire to possess him and above all the passion for fragrances This scent is for personally something very special ... it's the first real perfume i've discovered for myself. and i sh...ß on it if the meantime is too mainstream, or if every second has ever been given to christmas ... For me Sauvage especially the EDT is simply something very special. I only became aware of this again recently when I was in the cinema...I hadn't worn Sauvage for 2-3 months now, because he was all there and I had other scents to try out and when I was standing in line for the popcorn one stood behind me who was wearing Sauvage. and that immediately triggered these emotions in me again ... This need to want him. And I'd like to pass this on here as a tip: if you have a fragrance that you think is right for you, then consciously DO NOT wear it for two or three months... if you then recognize him outside e.g. in the cinema or the tram, and he triggers exactly the same emotions in you, then he is the right one... Every other scent you may take was also but you may think: "ah Cool Water nice scent I could buy again" but it doesn't trigger emotions in you and doesn't require you to want to own it again...
9.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Chronologie VIII - The Empire Strikes Back
To the release of this perfume it's been ten years since the launch of the famous Dior Homme, and, not counting in some flankers they made, it's been long since Dior came up with any new scents.

When I read the announcement for Sauvage, my first thought was that it would be just another flanker, but I was wrong. Dior proudly announced the new smell which was about to achieve some great expectations. To be honest, I expected Dior to do a counter kick to bestsellers Chanel Bleu and Guerlain Ideal which came true.
As if Demachy was given an assignment to make a universal perfume for the masses, which, I have to admit, he was able to do. The only critiques of this perfume are coming from the people who are connoisseurs of the perfume world, and those who use perfumes just as 'recreation' are simply deluded by it.

Gradual dark blue packaging with magnet cap, radiates with quality, elegance and luxury, which is commendable given the tradition of this house. The perfume story is really nice, quality, steady and projective, smells nice and modern. For me, this is one universal perfume, for every occasion, day and night.
8.0 10.0 10.0 7.0/10

The spirit of the 90s men's dressing room in a sports club
The first time I smelled him, I was horrified.
So unbelievably obscene, slightly prolacious and yet homely and down-to-earth. But why so homely?

I remember my father playing a lot of tennis in the 90s. I myself had tried my hand on the court as a child and so for the first time I had the pleasure of changing into a changing room.

There was a smell of different shower gels, fresh citric Deos a la 8x4 and at that time hip perfumes like ADG or Fahrenheit. This fresh, bitter and killing scent has probably burned into my head and I found it again in the form of a Dior scent.

I'm afraid he has nothing noble for me. From my point of view he's just extreme and obscene.

8.0 8.0 8.0 6.5/10

Timboeck
A good one, but not for me...
I had bought Sauvage at the time it was launched. At this time, I already attached importance to a great fragrance, but I still did not occupy myself in any way with fragrances, fragrance progressions, etc.. Also I had at that time mostly only a maximum of two perfumes at the same time which I used. So I wore a scent all year until it was empty.

I have not changed my mind about Sauvage in this respect until today. I still think that it is a great fragrance that can be worn all year round and on any occasion.

But I wouldn't buy it anymore because it has become omnipresent like so many good and successful fragrances. You just know him and smell him on him accordingly often
10.0 9.0 8.0 9.0/10

My first perfume
When I entered the perfume world, I had no idea. I got advice in the perfumery and after two three different scents (all ok, but not convinced me) I got the Dior Sauvage for a test. What the hell is that?! Biting in the nose, slight associations of cheap toilet cleaner and the need to sneeze. No. No way, but too late, he was already on my skin. So that was it for me with perfume for now (I thought). During the course of the day, however, I noticed an extremely pleasant smell coming from the place where I had the perfume. A wonderful freshness with a resiny-woody undertone. Was that really the same perfume I smelled two hours ago?
I then ended up buying the perfume after all and was 2 years and 3 bottles later still very impressed. You can't smell it from too close, but in the air it's just great. The shelf life is at least 7-8 hours, depending on the weather.
After I smelled the scent too often on the street, the Acqua di Gino Profumo became my signature scent. I just didn't want to smell like many others (yes, I know, ADG now the same).
The fragrance is recommended as a safe number for every occasion. It is very versatile and can be worn on any occasion at any time of the year. The durability is more than sufficient and the compliments came from all sides. Whether you want to wear it or not, because too many people simply wear it, is up to you. I won't even buy him although I always float in nostalgia when he meets me on the street.
8.0 9.0 8.0 9.0/10

The first perfume love !
About 2 years ago.....At that time I still had no relation to perfumes, let alone such a strong affection for different scents.
I was visiting my mother when my brother came to pick us up because we were invited by relatives. My big brother was waiting on the couch and I was lost in thought 2 meters away. In this trivial everyday moment, a fragrance cloud grazed me, enveloping me and my olfactory perception like an invisible veil.

My first thought ...

What in the world smells so damn good here...

Male!

Fresh!

Clear!

Peppery!

And this Ambrox note that knocked me over (At that time I had no idea of Ambrox let alone a scent note at all)

Immediately I had to ask what perfume he was wearing and he said DIOR SAUVAGE.

That was the beginning of my perfume journey. The incessant search for the perfect fragrance among thousands. The most beautiful addiction I have developed in my whole life, but I digress...

To the fragrance: A super fragrance that goes in my opinion to every season and damn well with the opposite sex arrives.

Big disadvantage: Meanwhile this is already the second Cool Water, 1 million, Le Male or in other words every second man has this scent in his inventory.
9.0 9.0 8.0 7.0/10

Norleans
Let's leave the bottle in the village
I call it "mercy of late birth," or "perfume affiliation." Sauvage is jafast as hotly discussed and torn apart as the one whose name must not be mentioned, with the numerous sorcerer's apprentices who almost smell like him.

I came across Sauvage EdT last year on a USA vacation when an eager lady behind the perfume counter of a major department store in Panama City (Florida, not Panama) was holding a strip of Sauvage EdT fragrance under my nose, flanked by a life-size cardboard salesman of a smooth ironed and freshly photo texted Johnny Depp. Maybe he drank a lot of water before the photos, changed his way of life and renounced dairy products, I don't know exactly.
In any case, I found the EdP a little too violent, peppery, stabbing. But I found the direction itself quite good. The lady then showed me the EdT, which I had never consciously smelled before. I really liked that and searched for my wife in the depths of the shoe department of the department store in question. When I found her after many hours (joking), I proudly held out my wrist to her and wanted to hear her voice. I don't want to repeat the whole monologue, but terms like "Pfui Deiwel, näh, Kopfschmerz" etc. were used. So the visit in the department store did not end with a purchase of the flacon (but with new shoes, many, many).

Back at home a friend at a higher age (Ü-80, but mentally, like clothing technically still top-fit) wore the Sauvage EdP freshly given by his wife and again I found it mega! My wife didn't think it was great, but also not bad (?) When she explained that it was the same smell as in Panama City, she didn't really want to believe it.
It took me almost another year to get a bottle. I haven't regretted it and really liked wearing it, though not very often. Unlike my prescribers (ambiguity unintentional), I don't often smell Sauvage on others. This may be because I avoid public transport, where it's only possible and also professionally not much to do with the much-scold young men and students, who allegedly all put on this smell and that which is not allowed to be named.

Ambrox, shower gel, Sauvage is almost always possible - except when it should be quite formal and classic, then I use GIT (which is also very common on my neck).

If you read this commentary very promptly, you might notice that my sauvage is just part of my souk. The reason for this is that my collection has grown exponentially in recent months, probably due to cell division of the flacons. That's why I'm separating myself from a few fragrances that I can most easily do without, even if I still find them great :-)

Thanks for reading.
8.0 8.0 1.5/10

A fragrance for Mr. Gernegroß
Every morning it's the same gauntlet run at the main station: you can't avoid the Sauva clouds of students and young working men - people, people, why do you all want to smell the same? And then you're just as hideous? (If someone from this clientele has put on something else, he usually smells like Aventus.) Sauvage smells for me not only unpleasant, but also unpleasant. An aura of meanness emanates from him. He says to me, "elbow out," "move, here I come." Much too loud, much too intrusive, too little gallantry, too little style. A person with bad manners comes to mind. Amazing what a smell can do - after all, it succeeds.
9.0 10.0 10.0 8.0/10

ScentSlave
Time has passed and the wave has gone with it
A lot of people have moved on to the Lucky One Million wagon, and/or moved on to using the EDP on the rebound purchase.... that’s why I can sneak this one in once in a while... i prefer this one over the EDP because it’s “louder”, and the sillage carries further. Both are/were played out, but that wagon has gone on to the Aventus (or it’s clones)for the masculine wagon, or the sweet (Lucky/Invictus) train. I’m gonna give it a few months, and I can sneak this bad boy out and annoy the die hards
9.0 8.0 9.0 7.0/10

Fraqmental
the pepper mill for fashion victims
one thing first of all, for this perfume you have to be an absolute lover of spicy fragrances. Dior Sauvage has been in my closet for some years and at the beginning I didn't dare to wear it in public for quite a while, because I got such a negative comment right at the beginning, that I didn't know if anyone would like it myself.
At that time Sauvage was more of a blind buy and by being hyped everywhere without end, I thought I couldn't do anything wrong with it.
The very first comment to this fragrance was: "ihh, he smells disgusting! Has it expired? It's disgusting, that stench..."
After that I wore it only for myself more often at home and actually liked it, even though I was still insecure.
Although it is very spicy and peppery and one or the other may perhaps even notice a kind of sting in the nose after spraying (which can be attributed to Ambroxan) but this note subsides after some time and there remains a fresh, spicy & aquatic fragrance, which is very intense, ultralong and gives an exceptionally good projection.

With Sauvage you run the risk of catching too much of a good thing and you should be careful with the trigger, especially if you spend the rest of your day in closed rooms, because it can happen that one or the other colleague sometimes stands in front of the open window sash, signalling.

Outside however quite well portable, at best in spring and summer, whereby I do not want to smell it with glistening heat really. Autumn Dior Sauvage can also bag it for itself, in winter I don't wear it, it seems a bit too metallic and cold to me.

As the Swiss army knife and the most beloved perfume, as it is called by the masses, I wouldn't classify it. It has certainly shaped the market but if this fragrance had not appeared under the name Dior, but under a less established brand, the big hype around this fragrance would probably be just a fraction of what it is now.

undeserved hate
Many bash on Sauvage for being overused, for being 'unoriginal' and played up but a cliché is a cliché for a reason, because it's good, because it works.
If you can see past these complaints then you'll find that Sauvage is a spring and summer staple. Fresh, long lasting, great performance and what else could you ask from a fresh scent?

If you don't mind what others wear and want something proven to work, smells great and performs then try Sauvage
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Milat
Great perfume for spice lovers
Horny perfume, smells long and strong.

Flacon is successful and who loves perfumes the spicy smell is very well served here.

Top all-rounder, again and again
7.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Coemgen
My entry into the world of perfume
I don't think I have to describe this fragrance here very much, there are a lot of comments that would do it better than me. Of course one can be divided about "Dior - Sauvage", but one thing I want to get rid of. This fragrance has brought me into the world of perfume and finally led me into this forum, and I am convinced that many other people have experienced the same. So I can only be grateful for that perfume.
9.0 7.0 8.0 4.5/10

Vandal insect spray....
Childhood in the country... the cowshed is teeming with flies... the farmer hanged flypapers. These are such sticky things on which the annoying insects stick and thus find their death.
If the plague becomes even too big he reaches for a green-purple metal can and sprays on the walls of the stable where the flies have gathered. (A stinging, perfumed, hairspray-like fog settles on the flies, which now tremble and become weaker and weaker.
The smell burned itself into my skin, found it already horrible at that time.
Not that I was sorry for the flies.
But when I smelled Sauvage for the first time, I immediately got the association of this insect spray.
I haven't smelled this smell of the insect spray anywhere since my childhood, and I also don't know if the smell of that time is still identical with the smell of the spray sold today.
In any case, I find Sauvage on men rather "cow stable-like". If someone should have the opportunity to test Vandal Insect Spray where, I would be pleased about feedback.

May I like you?
At least as interesting as the fragrance itself is the meta-fragrancegame that revolves around it and similar celebrities like Aventus.
Those like him polarize, but not because of the scent, but because being for or against him alone is already a perfume political statement. Are you (too) mainstream if you like Sauvage? Don't you notice the synthetics, and what a blender he actually is? Isn't that what everyone's wearing right now? What do the other perfumers think of me when I comment on it? Am I doing this to get awards? Should I also write something now, although everything has already been said here?
Does that matter?
Sometimes I wish I could experience fragrances again as I saw them before my passion for perfume, before parfumo.de.
Review of the November 2016 cruise in the western Mediterranean, duty-free shop on board the Costa Mediterranea. So far bought an over 10 EUR perfume in life. Montblanc Legend, weil´s what Fierce is like. Then, because there's time between the stays in the country: trial sniffing. A few police skulls later: Sauvage. Brand new, and for me: completely different. A cloud of sweetened pepper. Sharp, intense, showery, he came along, but somehow of a higher quality: Otto Kern, Christina Aguillera and Bac. Above all, it's more durable. Much more durable.
But what soll´s. Over 10 EUR for a perfume? Not with me.
But Sauvage accompanied me all day long. And the next morning. After the shower. Until then, this was a phenomenon that started with many a scent addiction and separated the perfume from the normal consumer: the nose kept moving to the wrist, although the scent could not have changed in three minutes. Although we know that sniffing at the point of entry has nothing to do with the actual effect of the scent, it even distorts the perception of the scent. But if it does smell so good. Hmmmm. You know that, I think.
The stupid thing was that the duty-free shop accompanied me for a week, so to speak, so that I had to go there again on day two and took the thing with me. At that time I thought Ar...expensive, from today's point of view with 60 EUR for 100ml a bargain, especially since the heavy flacon with magnetic closure is also good, and only then the voluminous, finely scattering atomizer - gibt´s in the Bac league so not.
What am I getting at? In my opinion, anyone who smells Sauvage without knowing the whole discussion about it, without comparing it with dozens of others in advance, without weighing up who he is like, what trend he is serving, what target group and how evil the whole industry is (reformulations, flankers, cash cow) - in short: without being biased, can only come to the conclusion: Beautiful!
Sauvage is synthetical, yes, but that may still be a reason for devaluation per se. But you have to like the peppery spice, I admit that. Especially in the top note it comes across a bit scratchy, but for me this only underlines the freshness, and therefore it is also very well wearable at high temperatures without any lemon airiness.
Perfumes are very, very taste-dependent and are also perceived very subjectively. That's a good thing, and it's what makes our hobby so exciting. Surely there are differences in quality, and scents of different demands. Some people you have to get used to first. What should be decisive, however, is the gut feeling that a fragrance can evoke, not a headstrong analysis of the fragrance pyramid, the sales statistics or the perfumer's CV. No, just the very personal association. I like him or I don't like him. It's a pity that Sauvage, like many others (Montblanc´s Legend, One Million), is no longer granted this privilege.
9.0 10.0 10.0 8.5/10

Oetzi
Topical application of Ambrox(an) in the hospital
Even though there are already many comments on this fragrance, I still have to say a few words about this hotly debated fragrance. There is seldom a fragrance that can inspire the masses so much and at the same time annoy them so much.

I would like to tell you about my experiences with this fragrance. I belong to the group of people who like to buy bottling/samples from other users in order to test them in everyday life. I've been taking a break from perfume for a long time, so I didn't even notice the hype about this perfume. When the bottling finally arrived at my place and I put the first sprayer on my skin, I thought only one thing: "Pooh...what is this heavy stuff!"
Something bit its way into my nose and was so peppery, sharp and unusual that I just liked it because I had never smelt it to this extent before. That had to be the Ambrox(an).

Well... off we go into practical application. Topical application to the skin and off to the hospital. It should be noted here that I work as a doctor in the hospital and had night duty on the ward and in the emergency room on that day.
The service started quite quietly and became wilder and wilder with time. The sprayed Sauvage, which I had heard a lot myself in the first hours, had increasingly disappeared....at least I thought! When I was on the ward about 6 hours later to clarify things with the nurses, I was stopped on the way back to the emergency room:
"Doctor!"
I went back: "Yes?"
"What's the name of that perfume you're wearing?"
"Dior Sauvage. That bad? Can you smell it till then?" (I stood about 3 meters away)
"No! It smells incredibly good!"
For a few minutes I was completely fascinated by this fragrance. I certainly didn't take a shower with that scent. The service lasted for a while and I actually got a total of 4 compliments that night (a nurse actually approached me to ask for the name of the fragrance).

One thing was for sure: The bottle will be bought! And I haven't regretted it yet. Maybe it's this medical chemical note that deterrs many a hospital muffle, but causes euphoria among people working in the medical sector. I can only say one thing with certainty: Even with a certain synthetic, many people will like him, even love him!
Even if this fragrance should be known in Parfumo or in the "Frag Community", it is still relatively unknown to most people. If you like the fragrance, wear it and don't let anyone tell you that everyone wears it and knows it (and even if...what the hell?).
The durability and projection are outstanding. Even if you can't smell it anymore... It's just there! Therefore:
Topical application at your own risk. For risks and side effects, read the package insert or ask your doctor or pharmacist!

Demetera 61 days ago
Terror in a bottle with an ambroxan bomb. Should be a great scent but its sillage is 800% of a normal scent, and can smell on every 3rd ppl.+1
4.0
Carlitos01 164 days ago
The fragrance isn't bad. It's even quite agreable. But it is highly overrated and many people are disappointed with this perfume.+4
Vilar 11 months ago
Nothing special. Move on.+2
1.0
DavidBraz 15 months ago
It has one of the biggest clouds i've ever felt. It's not a masterpiece but it smells good. Like to wear it once in a while. Bergamot+Ambrox
KLewis 16 months ago
Very popular, instantly recognisable, her ex probably had it...+1
ScentsByKK 16 months ago
Sweet, Creamy, Woody
Akunin 20 months ago
Great performance , long lasting , great silage , great all-rounder for every season and every occasion . 10/10+1
Jazzy76 20 months ago
I recently met a friend and a cloud of perfume involved me. I asked him: "What are you wearing?""Sauvage by Dior". Very good and intense.
IanFriedrich 22 months ago
It's a love/hate fragrance. I dislike it coz it's mass pleasing.
Honestly, I can say that every time I smell Sauvage, I get addicted to it.+1
harveynone 2 years ago
Gets unsolicited compliments from Uber drivers. Needs 15 minutes to settle down. Although my nose gets fatigued, people do notice my silage.+2
PMRP12 3 years ago
Like a crisp, freshly laundered white buttoned shirt; always appropriate and distinctly masculine.+4
JManDave 3 years ago
Only like Sauvage so-so, it's hardly a favorite. But every single time I wear it, it draws compliments, so I feel compelled to continue.+3
Elysium 3 years ago
Hey, what's wrong with it? A body of dark lavender surrounded by smooth bergamot, a tinge of peppercorn mix, and a soul of bittersweet amber!+2
Hermesh 4 years ago
The scent that fights wild and disoriented with spicy, citric, fresh, fruity-floral notes.+2
5.0
OPomone 4 years ago
A vision of hell:
Sauvage in autumn
1 Million in winter
Boss Bottled in spring
Allure Homme Sport in summer.
Well, I think I'm going to puke.+15
1.0

by BruceLee
Für Fresh's Maskulin - Challenge :Männer und Grillen, da muss gelöscht werden (im Sinne von den Durst mit Bier löschen)
Ich mag es einfach!
by Crowzen
by Crowzen
by Demetera
by Demetera
Die 200 ml Flasche :) Super :)
by Nizarito
by Toreter
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Dior / Christian Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior / Christian Dior Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Homme (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior J'adore (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior / Christian Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior Poison (Esprit de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior Dune (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior / Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior / Christian Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior / Christian Dior Pure Poison by Dior / Christian Dior Midnight Poison (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Homme Sport (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Miss Dior Chérie (2005) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior