Sauvage 2015Eau de Toilette

Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Ambrox, Elemi resin, Calabrian bergamot, Patchouli, Provençal lavender, Pink pepper, Geranium, Sichuan pepper, Vetiver

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 26.11.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

Kenn ick...
As you grow up, a person's inventory becomes larger and larger, at some point you have to carry a wallet around with you, car keys must not be forgotten, sunglasses are suddenly a thing of necessity or social convention. A few months ago the next step was due and I wanted to get a scent. No sooner said than done and the mobile phone was asked what the internet recommends.
Through the recommendation of a Youtuber not mentioned here (the one with the probably undiagnosed ADHS), I came across this scent. This one describes Sauvage as a Swiss Army knife, a (Attention Anglicism!) "safe blind buy". As a still very inexperienced buyer I followed his instructions and ordered the good piece on one of the many pages, of course at full price.
Opened and sprayed onto my hand, a citrus note stabbed me, which I was not particularly enthusiastic about at first. It was the first time that I ordered my own fragrance. A certain disappointment was noticeable. I put away the bottle, which I like very much and continued to work on my daily routine Almost forgotten, I smelled it again later and the very citrusy notes turned into something very dense, a dense synthetic note that knocked me out. That was what I was looking for, a not obtrusive but perceptible, very pleasant note. What does it smell of? I have no idea. But I love wearing sweaters that have been sprayed a couple of days earlier. This smell doesn't get on my head and I'm happy to stay there In the following days and weeks the scent literally haunted me, through the first, conscious confrontation with the scent I smelled it everywhere. On friends in the pub, while shopping, at the university. Everyone who smelled of something smelled like Sauvage And this is also its weak point, it is the Swiss Army Knife, you can use it for any occasion, it is perfect and a large part of the environment will like it. But everyone has a Swiss Army Knife lying around at home and the purpose of a fragrance is to express a certain individuality and unfortunately Sauvage is very good but not individual The good news is that a door has opened, the search continues and the path is the goal. Fortunately, countless experts can be found on the Internet and one more leisure activity has opened up. And the claim to "impress" others with its scent has turned into an interest that one likes to deal with and to broaden one's horizon.
DieOrange78
Kind of like Versaces Dylan Blue?
After I wrote something about Dylan Blue, I would like to comment on the Sauvage EDT as well.
I derive the headline for this from my youtube experience. Dylan Blue and Sauvage are often confronted with each other.

Both fragrances are all-rounders. So-called all-rounders. Very good for EDTs. Modern tuned. The day can be a little longer. The music in the disco does not disturb the conversation with the colleagues. Even the fat dripping pizza with the 08/15 salami tastes not bad for once. And when was a Currywurst a Currywurst again? Never mind. Somebody's wearing Dylan Blue. I'm wearing Dior Sauvage
The only thing that stands out is the name of my chosen fragrance. Wild? Uh,...... if someone gives me enough trouble,I'd love to. But now on the scent? I don't know what's wild about that. Neither has the firmament shifted, nor has the dance floor below me said goodbye. It's still there. Even the people. No one was hurt that night. The sack of rice in China stopped bravely once again.

Sauvage isn't really the "women fly the clothing-away" fragrance either. It was just more of a promotional flicker to attract younger buyers in particular. Young people love it when everything flies away from their partner. Especially when it is the mind in between.
Dior Sauvage develops other qualities with higher age. It becomes very relaxed. He has already mastered various experiences and treads other paths. A successful alternative to Dylan Blue. Because he definitely smells different. The one has a creamy heaviness in him. This one is rather light-footed. Nevertheless he doesn't take off completely and stays in contact with the ground.
The phone call was long and the ears did not melt. The team meeting was boring, but still there is no head-shaped impression on the table top.
Sauvage can't turn boredom into popcorn cinema. It is simply one of those scents that bring a measure of serenity. Tailor-made
So Sauvage is not a savage. More of a tamer, maybe? Everything gets calmer. A bit more colour there. A little more depth here. Invisible unicorns don't poop. They whisper. Don't ask me how I figured that out. In moments of inner reflection I have time to concentrate on the general without being distracted by the unreal everyday hustle and bustle.

Dior's Sauvage, although it smells slightly different, is similar to Versaces Dylan Blue. No age restrictions. No opportunity not to wear it.
Women, as already mentioned, do not literally drop fruit from the basket when you put on this fragrance. But personally it makes me more relaxed. But women love relaxed guys who focus on their tasks. But it can also just be a stupid rumor
If you want a fragrance that is suitable for everyday use without being too specific, but still has class and knows how to please, then Dior Sauvage is a suitable candidate and a great addition to your collection.

MfG
TheOrange78
Too much hype?
Yeah, apparently, every woman is into that perfume. Well, I don't. I tried it, and I thought it was mediocre at first. But I bought it and tried it over and over again. I'm not excited. It's too "soapy" for me. The one or other lady in my
Environment does not find it appealing either. It's probably how I feel. Maybe it doesn't work on me either. Then I rather reach for the Eros Flame which is more polarizing there. Certainly a good scent but not mine

This is Dior.
Why 10? Because this is totally Dior: «obnoxious», in your face, and modern. This is a statement, whether you like it or not. Has it been copied 100 times, yes. Do I like it? No. Is it better than Bleu de Chanel: yes, by 100 times.

Bleu de Chanel accomplishes absolutely nothing: it's cold, modest, and doesn't follow a «Chanel train of thought».

On the contrary, Sauvage EdT conveys the Dior message with perfection.

Kill ‘em all with ambroxan
Sauvage is a really special fragrance in my eyes for tons of reason.

First of all: Its one of the most hyped fragrances in the last 5 years. So everybody use it, and cheapo manufactures clone it. Zero unique points here.

But its not the only “special” thing: Ladies reaction. Every youtuber say “its a compliment monster, crowd pleaser blablaba.”, but well.. No, its definietly not the case. Its more likely a Love or hate one for women. Why? Because its not special, you can smell it on every second guy. And its not the worst: Some girl hate it because her ex’ use it.. well, its also not a good thing.

You think its the end of the “not-about -the-smell specialities” list? Naah. Because here we go, the the useability is the next checkpoint.
Every youtuber promote this one with the all occasion/season superstar. But hell no.
Its sillage/performance is like a million times more than an average EDP, so every single person strongly smell your fragrance if you are in a less than 50 square meter room, and its really offensive. So where can you use? Office? Naah, everyone gonna cry from the smell, its too hard. Gym? Naah, its hot there, its even more powerful if you use it. Dates? Naaah, too offensive and probably one of your date’s ex use it too. So where is it good for? Don’t know. Into an open space, like the desert in the Depp campaign.

So after the main problems check the smell of this one: Well, its a great ambroxan bomb with lot of freshness and tons of pepper. Not a dream-like elegant mix of notes, but a really good, fresh-outta-shower one. Happily its synthetic enough to not change its smell in different weather conditions or different skin types.

So am I hate it? Not at all. just cannot overcome myself on the performance. If you want attention, its the one for you. But if you want a balanced, fresh one, without terrorizing your colleagues... well its not the right pick for you - but you can pick a similar one, like the the less sharp, less noisy Prada Luna Rossa Carbon
Still up to date?
I also got the Dior as a present for Christmas in 2015.
The first time I smelled him I thought... Uiii... you haven't smelled that yet
Sauvage is very unique in my eyes. His Ambroxan makes him stand out. I hadn't heard of it before. After a few years on the market, however, I have to say whether I would buy it again, I do not know. There are times (especially in summer) when I have the feeling that every fifth man wears this fragrance. A little too hyped for me. To mainstream.

However, it has lost none of its effect. He is still an eye-catcher or a scent He stands out and you know right away when you notice him... THAT IS SAUVAGE. It's not easy to create something like that in this day and age
Very good durability and performance.
Ambroxan and vetiver
One of the most popular fragrances.
I absolutely do not understand.
Ambroxan bomb and after that I almost only smell the vetiver. I can smell the scent everywhere and it has simply become a standard for me. I can understand if you like it because it is different and is considered to be "allrounder". But why you love it is a mystery to me. I prefer the little brother: "Versace Dylan Blue". It's cute and not one of those annoying ambroxan and vetiver bombs.
I like the bottle very much, magnetic cap, good design, matches the fragrance and has a pretty strong sprayer. Sillage is good and durability even a bit better. Depending on how much you spray and where. In the end it is a matter of taste. Even if I don't like the scent, it's a good perfume
Flame99
The best-selling fragrances are those that go down best
To the fragrance: peppery bergamot mixed with a clean fresh wood, or better said: it just smells good, it smells good, lasts long, has a good sillage, gives many compliments, but the disadvantage is that 5 years after its release, it is already too well known because of its popularity, which takes away even more character, and it already has this crowdpleaser character.Many people hope too much from fragrances in general: that they will be more masculine, attractive, unique, etc. In my eyes a fragrance smells only as masculine / attractive / unique as the person wearing it. Perfumes are supposed to be a nice addition, which you can do without at any time, without losing your "masculinity" or "attractiveness".And the numbers speak for themselves: people want to "smell good" and get compliments for it, that's why Dior Sauvage is still a bestseller: because it's good and serves its purpose.It took me a while to understand that the perfume ratings don't quite match reality, and that many people here rate the reputation and status of the brands, and that high-priced niche fragrances with good packaging are rated better than they are, etc. Conclusion: Because of its popularity and mass appeal, I see Sauvage as being ahead of 7.6 (even ahead of Fahrenheit with 8.1?!) and I find an overall fragrance rating of 8 very appropriate and fair.
Overhyped
Scent:
Synthetic, fresh and spicy with a woody background note that is especially present in the drydown. Has for me a bit of a tart racial water xD

Shelf life:
Has disappointed me honestly especially because this one is always praised in heaven
Sillage:
Flattens after a few hours until the fragrance becomes weaker and weaker and is only noticeable on clothing.

Conclusion:
I feel that everyone wears it and when I am around crowds I smell it at least once a night. Very generic typical "blue" scent DNA and after using up my 75ml bottle I am fed up with it, it doesn't cure me enough and doesn't project very long.
Rorobin
Would you like some pepper with your bergamot?
This fragrance was one of my first - and still has a firm place on the shelf today. The top note smells like a freshly cut bergamot, to which one adds plenty of pepper. Insanely good!

The Dior Sauvage is an all-rounder and is actually suitable for every occasion and every season. Actually
For me the scent is a little too strong in summer, which is probably due to the Ambroxan. From temperatures of 25 degrees and upwards it simply doesn't smell right to me, there are better suited scents
However, it should be emphasized that the eau de toilette is much fresher than the eau de parfum. This makes the fragrance less obtrusive, as it also mixes the artificial ambroxan smell with the pepper and bergamot better.

All in all for me a good allrounder between 10 and 25 degrees with a reasonable durability and sillage, otherwise there are better alternatives.

Amine1989Amine1989 4 months ago
In first time i liked it but now i cant dig it its too synthetic for me , and that ambroxan is too strong . Go easy on it 2 spray max
DemeteraDemetera 1 year ago
Terror in a bottle with an ambroxan bomb. Should be a great scent but its sillage is 800% of a normal scent, and can smell on every 3rd ppl.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
The fragrance isn't bad. It's even quite agreable. But it is highly overrated and many people are disappointed with this perfume.
VilarVilar 2 years ago
Nothing special. Move on.
DavidBrazDavidBraz 2 years ago
It has one of the biggest clouds i've ever felt. It's not a masterpiece but it smells good. Like to wear it once in a while. Bergamot+Ambrox
KLewisKLewis 2 years ago
Very popular, instantly recognisable, her ex probably had it...
ScentsByKKScentsByKK 2 years ago
Sweet, Creamy, Woody
AkuninAkunin 3 years ago
Great performance , long lasting , great silage , great all-rounder for every season and every occasion . 10/10
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
I recently met a friend and a cloud of perfume involved me. I asked him: "What are you wearing?""Sauvage by Dior". Very good and intense.
IanFriedrichIanFriedrich 3 years ago
It's a love/hate fragrance. I dislike it coz it's mass pleasing.
Honestly, I can say that every time I smell Sauvage, I get addicted to it.

by Irini
by Irini
Für Fresh 21 echt schräg : na, wer erkennt die Schnüffelnase (links), mit der ungewöhnlichen Testmethode?
by Gandix
by GilAroma
by GilAroma
Ich mag es einfach!
by TomDuft
Für Fresh's Maskulin - Challenge :Männer und Grillen, da muss gelöscht werden (im Sinne von den Durst mit Bier löschen)
by Gandix
by Demetera
by Demetera
by TksScent
by TksScent
Die 200 ml Flasche :) Super :)
by Nizarito
by Toreter
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior