Sauvage 2015Eau de Toilette

Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 02

Ambrox, Elemi resin, Calabrian bergamot, Patchouli, Provençal lavender, Pink pepper, Geranium, Sichuan pepper, Vetiver

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 18.09.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

5.5
Ambroxan and vetiver
One of the most popular fragrances.
I absolutely do not understand.
Ambroxan bomb and after that I almost only smell the vetiver. I can smell the scent everywhere and it has simply become a standard for me. I can understand if you like it because it is different and is considered to be "allrounder". But why you love it is a mystery to me. I prefer the little brother: "Versace Dylan Blue". It's cute and not one of those annoying ambroxan and vetiver bombs.
I like the bottle very much, magnetic cap, good design, matches the fragrance and has a pretty strong sprayer. Sillage is good and durability even a bit better. Depending on how much you spray and where. In the end it is a matter of taste. Even if I don't like the scent, it's a good perfume
Flame99
The best-selling fragrances are those that go down best
To the fragrance: peppery bergamot mixed with a clean fresh wood, or better said: it just smells good, it smells good, lasts long, has a good sillage, gives many compliments, but the disadvantage is that 5 years after its release, it is already too well known because of its popularity, which takes away even more character, and it already has this crowdpleaser character.Many people hope too much from fragrances in general: that they will be more masculine, attractive, unique, etc. In my eyes a fragrance smells only as masculine / attractive / unique as the person wearing it. Perfumes are supposed to be a nice addition, which you can do without at any time, without losing your "masculinity" or "attractiveness".And the numbers speak for themselves: people want to "smell good" and get compliments for it, that's why Dior Sauvage is still a bestseller: because it's good and serves its purpose.It took me a while to understand that the perfume ratings don't quite match reality, and that many people here rate the reputation and status of the brands, and that high-priced niche fragrances with good packaging are rated better than they are, etc. Conclusion: Because of its popularity and mass appeal, I see Sauvage as being ahead of 7.6 (even ahead of Fahrenheit with 8.1?!) and I find an overall fragrance rating of 8 very appropriate and fair.
Overhyped
Scent:
Synthetic, fresh and spicy with a woody background note that is especially present in the drydown. Has for me a bit of a tart racial water xD

Shelf life:
Has disappointed me honestly especially because this one is always praised in heaven
Sillage:
Flattens after a few hours until the fragrance becomes weaker and weaker and is only noticeable on clothing.

Conclusion:
I feel that everyone wears it and when I am around crowds I smell it at least once a night. Very generic typical "blue" scent DNA and after using up my 75ml bottle I am fed up with it, it doesn't cure me enough and doesn't project very long.
Swiss Army Knives
A really good smell. Whether it's at school. At work. On a date. Wherever the smell is, it's good, and people are sure to notice you positively. I sprayed it on pretty much everyone, and yet I was told the gang smelled like me. The only small deficiency is that I smell it more and more often on my fellow men and thus the uniqueness disappears. Nevertheless a very good smell
Rorobin
Would you like some pepper with your bergamot?
This fragrance was one of my first - and still has a firm place on the shelf today. The top note smells like a freshly cut bergamot, to which one adds plenty of pepper. Insanely good!

The Dior Sauvage is an all-rounder and is actually suitable for every occasion and every season. Actually
For me the scent is a little too strong in summer, which is probably due to the Ambroxan. From temperatures of 25 degrees and upwards it simply doesn't smell right to me, there are better suited scents
However, it should be emphasized that the eau de toilette is much fresher than the eau de parfum. This makes the fragrance less obtrusive, as it also mixes the artificial ambroxan smell with the pepper and bergamot better.

All in all for me a good allrounder between 10 and 25 degrees with a reasonable durability and sillage, otherwise there are better alternatives.
ScentsofLove
Love-hate relationship in the final stadium
Dior Sauvage.... What should I think about you?

It started in 2017 when I tested you in a perfumery
This was the first designer fragrance I bought out of my own pocket and it has to be said that with Sauvage, Dior has created an almost unbeatably attractive weapon for every man.
The bottle interested me directly. Male. Mysterious. Noble
The spray head was overwhelming and then came this super fresh and very tart peppery note. Like a veil the first impression of this fragrance is hazy.

My nose, which was still little developed at that time, could not yet identify this stinging synthetic in the same way and I did not yet have any aversion to it.
I had not heard about any hype at that time and I always felt very self-confident with this fragrance because I always wore it after the purchase and it had accompanied me for at least 1 year.

But at some point the point came when I didn't like something anymore, I just smelled myself sick. Why do we always get tired of the smell of scents?
This is as I know today not with all fragrances like this.

But SAUVAGE... ...I could smell him on every other man after a year.
The highlight was when I saw the bottle in the bathroom of at least 5 people.
I thought to myself, now you're the idiot, the ex boyfriend, the father, the teenager who wears brand name clothes and wants to lose his virginity, the 08/15 guy who doesn't care if the fragrance really suits him and buys fragrances just for prestige, status and women (which is not reprehensible in itself, fragrances are supposed to attract.) Who watches a Jeremy Fragrance video about the fragrances with the most compliments, in other words my past me :D.

I was most annoyed by this feeling of smelling like everyone else.
Much more than the actual smell, of course this synthetic had been tired at some point, it was exactly this unimaginativeness that disturbed me.

I have no problem wearing a fragrance that is not Niche, but smelling like everyone else, I just feel stupid
Just like this very guy who goes into the perfumery with his headphones and always, I know for sure, passes by all the perfumes to ask for Invictus, 1 Million, Jean Paul Gaultier or Sauvage, which he buys, of course, for a test spray on a piece of paper. No words...

Well, but these blockbusters are also incredibly popular, you have to give them credit for that.
If you go on a date and wear Sauvage, I pray for you that your date hasn't smelled Sauvage a lot, because if she doesn't know him, chances are she will love him
But for the people who know him, it is often simply too much.
The scent is just for a fresh scent extremely potent, very loud, a great Sillage, and
a strong spice.
It smells frankly like a very male synthetic shower gel, but very horny when you stand on it.
It's at your discretion whether you love him
At the end of the day, fragrances are subjective and everyone can put their money where their mouth is.
I don't think the sheet music needs any explanation.
For me, despite all negative associations, the fragrance has a special place in the perfume journey
and he showed me a lot of things I don't want to do, nevertheless, a very good all-round scent,
who can be fresh, sexy, elegant (you can argue about that earlier, I think it's too loud and synthetic) A fragrance that lasts for a long time and where you wouldn't have to buy a second one.
A little love letter.
Yes this fragrance is mainstream and yes you can smell it very often but this fragrance is simply addictive.

This wonderful warm note in the nose of Ambroxan, this fresh kick with peppery bergamot in the top note is just perfect. Tastes are different but I for one am really into it. I don't see the scent now on a 40 year old businessman with a suit but simply on a 20-30 year old guy with a loose style of dress on the way to meet friends or a date (hopefully the ex didn't have that scent).
For sport the scent would be too bad for me and for work too bad, too strong and too wild. That would be like going to work in a casual chilly date outfit, it doesn't fit.
Yes, it is an allrounder but since I love the fragrance so much I only want to wear it where I could associate the scent with positive memories
Surely you know this AD where the fragrance is described.

EDT: Fresh and wild
EDP: Sensual and mysterious
Perfume: Glowing and passionate
have tested all 3 variants and I find these 2 words each hit like a fist on the eye.

My favorite is the EDT because when I think of Sauvage I think of the EDT every time I think of it The EDP is more for evenings but also very very successful.

To describe the scent is difficult, I would simply say that this fragrance is a new scent. Namely Sauvage! Just like strawberry smells like strawberry.
HenrikBlau
You gotta love ambrox and pepper.
I was standing in the store the other day and was about to buy a new bottle of the proven BdC when suddenly it came over me: "Man, try something new! It doesn't have to be something totally different. But a little change!" So Dior Sauvage edt on the right wrist, Yves Saint Laurent Y edp on the left, and first of all I had to try it on in peace. After two hours the case was clear to me. Sauvage it should be because somehow more interesting. Y the well-known BdC somehow too similar. Let's get down to business:

Flacon
I really like the design. Simple and stylish. Lies top in the hand. The magnetic cap enhances the whole m.m.n. additionally. The atomizer is also convincing: It is made of plastic, but pleasantly stiff with a relatively large spraying angle and a good range.

Durability and Sillage
Absolutely sufficient. 2-3 sprays (1 neck and 1-2 chest) get me through a morning at the office without any problems. I have the scent almost constantly in my nose. When entering the kitchenette or the elevator, the colleagues know immediately if I have been there within the last 10 minutes. Still in the late evening residues of the perfume are to be smelled very close and clearly.

Fragrance or fragrance progression
Sauvage opens with strong citrus freshness paired with warm resinous-woody notes and a little pepper and ambrox. Just awesome! After 30-60 minutes, the lighter, fresher aromas fade away and floral notes (especially geranium and lavender) emerge, which combine harmoniously with ambrox, pepper and resin and make me think of the sweet scent of old town streets with flowering trees on a warm summer night somewhere on the Mediterranean. Wooow! This way the scent lasts surprisingly long, with ambrox and pepper becoming increasingly noticeable. And sometime after about 4-5 hours the flowers have disappeared and there is only ambrox and pepper left. And even more ambrox. Pooh! On closer inspection, there are also floral and ethereal resinous notes, but these are mercilessly crushed by the pepper-ambrox mix. As a result, the fragrance now appears more one-dimensional than it actually is. Or could be. Did I say scent? By now it is more of a smell. An almost obtrusive masculine smell of Ambrox and pepper. And in between resin and something indeterminably sticky-sweet. Ufff, I think I'm getting a headache...

Conclusion
Perhaps Dior Sauvage was a bad buy. I tested the fragrance in different dosages for a few days after the purchase and then gave it up for the time being. As horny as I found the fragrance at the beginning: it just doesn't fit at all. Either not to my skin or not to my taste or not to summer. And a splash on the arm is obviously not the same as a normal daily dose. Learned something again. I think Sauvage will get a second chance with me in the autumn.
Ambrox =
I, female, also briefly pass my mustard here ... :)

Who expected it differently...JAAAA he is really very very good ! No wonder everybody wants to have him ;)

I'm pretty sure it's because of Ambrox...I love liiiiebe love Ambrox and I strongly believe that this ingredient gives it that special something that a lot of other people out there also like... maybe i'm wrong but somebody has to prove it to me for once haha little joke....
No seriously, the fragrance is really incredibly self-confident and fresh without smelling like cheap shower gel. Yet it's elegant in a weird way... will someone please explain this to me?

The durability and silage could not be better! I even wear it myself and then I really am in company all day long! Wonderful! Even for layering it gets "abused" from time to time...

So if you want to be sure of a thousand numbers and like to collect compliments, you should get yourself this fragrance :)

A comparison to the eau de parfum can be found in my new Youtube video (Angelina Patchouli) ;)

Cheers
Angelina

The Sex Scent
Provocative title, huh? But it's like this...

Dior should actually give courses on how to design and market products.
With Sauvage, everything was simply done right.

Scent, loud, very good performance, masculine, sexy, flashy? Check.
Cool noble flacon with magnetic closure which lies well in the hand because of its shape? Check.
Perfectly thought-out marketing campaign with the star from Pirates of the Caribbean, with whom most women would like to run away? Check.

I can't imagine the amount of money this Dior fragrance brings in the till. It must be a pretty obscene amount, though. Despite its 5 years of age Sauvage is still by far the best selling men's fragrance worldwide
The scent works simply, especially women are totally addicted to this scent. On the English pages it has long had the reputation as "Fuckboy cologne". Even though you can wear Sauvage practically all the time, it's more of an evening scent for me. There it unfolds its effect best. I've seen women press their nose onto a guy's chest, twist it through the half-open shirt and eyes. It just smells sexy, or you can see it the other way around, the guys who buy it are mostly good looking, fit/trained and drive some cool new leased car, mostly from BMW or Mercedes
The biggest disadvantage of Sauvage is simply its extreme spread. With Sauvage you can almost be sure that you are not the only one wearing it. Even if it's just a private house party with 30 people I've seen Sauvage standing in bathrooms of guys who don't mess with perfume. I've seen people who don't even know what the name of the fragrance is but just call it "The Dior" or "Johnny Depp fragrance"
Anyway, Dior did everything right here. Surely the best selling designer fragrance since 1 million, at least I can't think of any other fragrance that can keep up with it.

Amine1989Amine1989 36 days ago
In first time i liked it but now i cant dig it its too synthetic for me , and that ambroxan is too strong . Go easy on it 2 spray max
DemeteraDemetera 11 months ago
Terror in a bottle with an ambroxan bomb. Should be a great scent but its sillage is 800% of a normal scent, and can smell on every 3rd ppl.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 15 months ago
The fragrance isn't bad. It's even quite agreable. But it is highly overrated and many people are disappointed with this perfume.
VilarVilar 20 months ago
Nothing special. Move on.
DavidBrazDavidBraz 2 years ago
It has one of the biggest clouds i've ever felt. It's not a masterpiece but it smells good. Like to wear it once in a while. Bergamot+Ambrox
KLewisKLewis 2 years ago
Very popular, instantly recognisable, her ex probably had it...
ScentsByKKScentsByKK 2 years ago
Sweet, Creamy, Woody
AkuninAkunin 2 years ago
Great performance , long lasting , great silage , great all-rounder for every season and every occasion . 10/10
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
I recently met a friend and a cloud of perfume involved me. I asked him: "What are you wearing?""Sauvage by Dior". Very good and intense.
IanFriedrichIanFriedrich 3 years ago
It's a love/hate fragrance. I dislike it coz it's mass pleasing.
Honestly, I can say that every time I smell Sauvage, I get addicted to it.

by Irini
by Irini
Für Fresh 21 echt schräg : na, wer erkennt die Schnüffelnase (links), mit der ungewöhnlichen Testmethode?
by GilAroma
by GilAroma
Für Fresh's Maskulin - Challenge :Männer und Grillen, da muss gelöscht werden (im Sinne von den Durst mit Bier löschen)
Ich mag es einfach!
by Crowzen
by Crowzen
by Demetera
by Demetera
Die 200 ml Flasche :) Super :)
by Nizarito
by Toreter
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior