Sauvage 2015Eau de Toilette

Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
7.6 / 10     1909 RatingsRatingsRatings
Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Coco (Eau de Parfum)

Ambrox, Elemi resin, Calabrian bergamot, Patchouli, Provençal lavender, Pink pepper, Geranium, Sichuan pepper, Vetiver

7.6 | 1909 Ratings

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 28.02.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

No blind purchase !
Hello dear Parfumos !
I'm not particularly long in the world of fragrance on the road, but where better to start than with an all-time community favorite ! This one doesn't work for me at all though unfortunately.
The top note is great, very fresh, not too sweet due to the light pepper in the background, a great first impression. In the next 30min, the fragrance becomes sharper and spicier in the drydown, but remains overall balanced and pleasant. Unfortunately, this does not remain so on my skin, after about half an hour increasingly any freshness evaporates, only pepper and a woody note remain. And that very intensively. So intense that it gave me a headache in the long run. The durability is actually excellent, the almost biting pepper remains strong and intense even after washing off several times.
I do not want to talk the fragrance bad in any case, it is not for nothing one of the best-selling men's fragrances of recent years. On the contrary, I would like to encourage anyone who is considering the fragrance to just order blindly to test it absolutely before! Because apparently Dior Sauvage works quite wonderfully on 95% of all men, my skin just doesn't seem to harmonize here. It's a bit of a shame, I really liked the scent in the beginning! But there are enough alternatives :)
P.S.: For all who think whether I had perhaps simply a tilted sample fragrance caught at the blue D, I have Sauvage EdT tested in three different ways and achieved each time the same result
The radical Dior freshness
Dior Sauvage.... well, an extremely hyped fragrance that may be getting a little long in the tooth.
Prada has since brought with Luna Rossa a very similar fragrance combination on the market, which comes along possibly a little rounder and softer.

I have definitely let myself be infected by the Savage hype and have already worn it to enough. The fragrance has me my wife gift. This fact probably already rips the topic of "Compliment-Getter". Positive reactions to it are not rare and I smell the fragrance myself very much on me. It should be noted that this can also be very intense and intrusive when sprayed on several times (too often).

From personal experience, I can recommend him now rather not for the office, or only with max. 1 morgentlichem sprayer. I myself is also already happened that the scent has disturbed me during longer car trips even, or have adjusted slight headaches. He is m.E. really fierce, but somehow divide the spirits at Sauvage. The dead live longer! Maybe that's the motto here. I find the fragrance still great and would Ihn also buy again.

To the fragrance itself:
I have once read a fragrance description the lt. "radical freshness". That really describes it very well. It is a boost of peppery bergamot, gaaaanz much ambroxan and a woody note. All in all, the combo makes for a strong masculine scent. Perhaps it should be said that it smells very synthetic, but also high quality. Please do not expect natural fragrance notes.

Who cares, the ladies reaction are really mostly good.
He is definitely worth the money, convinces and performs really neat.
Especially for an eau de toilette. But beware, he can also be really exhausting. :)
TheLoVer
The good time after the disappointment....
Although I have been a big fan of perfumes for a long time, I have never actively engaged in sniffing through all perfumes. Therefore, I have smelled new fragrances only by recommendation.

It was the same for me with Dior Sauvage. The only difference is, it was not a smell on recommendation but a buy. My first blind buy.

The acquaintance with Sauvage goes back to 2015, we met on a romantic cruise when we crossed the Strait of Gibraltar...

I was working as a tour operator and tour guide in Andalusia at the time. Once when I was in Tarifa with a group, we decided to book a day trip to Tangier/Morocco. We visited the historic Kasbah, the market stalls in the Medina, ate delicious Moroccan, bought plenty of Argan oil and started our return trip to Tarifa.

The ferry ride was 40-45 min, which was enough time for me to go on deck to feel the fresh breeze and enjoy the sunset. After that, I went to the duty free to sniff fragrances. An employee approached and I asked her what she would recommend. Her eyes lit up and full of enthusiasm she said "Dior Sauvage". She was blown away. She called out to the other two female employees and they had the same reaction.
Even I with my doubting nature was slightly taken with her enthusiasm. Were they really authentic praises or just a devilish sales pitch after all? The problem would have been solved, after all, if only they'd had a tester. Unfortunately, they didn't have one.
I then appealed to your conscience. I told her that she would be faced with a very very important and responsible decision. I said that if her recommendation did not please me, I could not trust a single woman again. With this I apparently hit a nerve, because at first she hesitated before the weight of this responsibility. However, after a moment's consideration, she put the package in my hand. Without thinking any further, I bought it.

So we met the first time, but I got to know the fragrance only a few days later at home. Because I had not yet opened the package.
I sprayed the first sprayer on my wrist. Would I still be able to trust the women?
OMG, what is this penetrating, pungent, giddy, synthetic scent? I never would have guessed that this gal had made a pact with the devil. xD
I didn't like the first impression at all. I was disappointed, by my new acquaintance and by the saleswoman. I put the bottle aside and smelled it maybe only every two weeks to make sure. And each time with the same result. Penetrating, pungent.

But sometime after a few months, my nose seems to have evolved and noticed other facets. Suddenly, I liked the scent a lot better and after continued wear, it was the perfume I reached for daily. With Sauvage, I learned to give acquaintances time and not to dismiss them directly, to try to get to know the acquaintance itself and not to squeeze the acquaintance into my own limited ideas. And that has enriched me.

Hoping to have made you think :)
LG

PS: I think it's definitely worth mentioning that Sauvage has the best sprayer ever. And the magnetic cap, which turns in by itself, is also great.

Classic Scent
Ahhhh Sauvage! My first interaction with Sauvage was the advert with Mr Depp. Till this day, I associate Sauvage with Johnny Depp. Such a brilliant marketing idea.

The scent was unusual at the time as I had never come across anything like it before. It was like love at first sight! I loved the the ambrox combination with bergamot and lavender. Its always a pleasure to smell this classic scent on a man.

I feel like the character of this perfume is not an overly macho and burly man. It's more of a subtle and classy man's scent. I envisage someone wearing an oxford shirt with sleeves rolled up on a nice summers day.

However, the new Parfum version is nowhere as good as the original 2015 version.
JohnnyScents
"Somewhere in the desert...."

since I saw the ingenious commercial to Sauvage, which among other things finally animated me to buy (and I am otherwise resistant to commercials), I always think of the class gangster film "Last Man Standing" (1996) with Bruce Willis and Christopher Walken. Maybe it's just me, and at first I didn't know what it was, apart from the setting in the American desert. This mysterious, cool. Plus the mysterious protagonist who wanders the dusty environment without a destination and barely gives anything away. Last but not least, the greatest similarity between the commercial and the film: the soundtrack by Ry Cooder. It captures the atmosphere perfectly in both cases, Johnny Depp is accompanied by the squealing electric guitar, Bruce Willis by the dirty bass. The mission of both is not clear at first, they are alone and the viewer doesn't understand at first where the journey is taking them. Until Depp buries his jewelry and Willis shoots around. The night sky over the desert is gazed at and marveled at by both of them, while Johnny speaks of magic, giving the viewer another mystery, Bruce Willis speaks somberly and almost melancholically about penance.

Sure, the Sauvage commercial isn't as brutal and dirty as Last Man Standing, but to me, the two share a similar flair and they both draw me in. I've never enjoyed a commercial before, with Sauvage every time- even if I occasionally watch it twice in the evening. Whether it's because of cooder or even the visuals I don't know, I can't get the comparison out of my head.

But now to the fragrance, and I like it extremely well. I find him not perfect, but he fits perfectly to the advertising campaign. I feel him, contrary to many opinions, not as a shower gel or pure "blue fragrance". Yes, it is suitable for everyday use and fresh, but there is an inexplicably mysterious and "really" "wild" note. Probably the pepper. It would also suit John Smith (played by Bruce Willis) from Last Man Standing perfectly. He appears dapper despite the desert wind and all the blood and dust, but turns out to be a tough, rough and brutal guy who acts without compromise. A savage. In the film he says quite cynically: ".... i'm such a nice guy". That's what you think at the beginning of Sauvage. Nevertheless, there is sympathy for Willis in the film, as well as for the fragrance, which hides something wild and rough under the fresh bergamot that makes it suitable for the desert. And Johnny Depp is also not always just a "nice guy"
i think sauvage is very good for what it is and wants to be. Is it a perfect fragrance? No. Is it my favorite scent? Also never. Just like the movie is not my favorite but it is great in its genre. Because of the hype, I didn't try it for a long time. But I did... and I recommend Sauvage. Maybe it helps to watch the commercial again. And who has desire, at gelegenheit also Last man Standing, then some understand surely better, what I wrote.

John Smith:
"...It's funny how things work out. For a second you think you're going to come out of this thing with your skin intact. But in the end, you always pay your price. Without exception. Everybody pays their price.....even a sh**guy like me."

- in my case, it was €65 for a bottle of Sauvage.......
Chrisniburg
The beginning - the change - the end ?
At the beginning of my fragrance journey, that one was there with the first scents. I was so excited how universally applicable he is and at the same time was well received by many people. You could do little wrong with him, but much right.

But it comes as so often in life to the change or change. So the fragrance was apparently reformulated in 2019 and now acts a little differently.
He is still pleasing with many, however, he acts just on me also something pungent. May be that the composition has changed and the proportion of Ambroxan has increased. May be that my direction has changed. However, it remains to be noted that the shelf life has become relatively weak with me 4 hours.

Is it still at least universally applicable? Yes, quite clearly. Still appropriate for every season and every occasion.

This fragrance is for me, despite the change, still the recommendation to all who want to get into the subject of fragrances. If one likes shower gel fragrances and one catches the one or other good offer, one still does nothing wrong with this one. - Also, I don't find the premium to the EdP or Sauvage perfume necessary. The EdT is perfectly adequate. - Would I buy it again at this time? Probably not. For this I have already gone one step further on my fragrance journey.
Sauvage, Sauvage, Sauvage, Sauvage... i love you
Dior Sauvage is a fresh and a beastmode fragrance, it was supposedly watered down from the Flanker EDP after the release (marketing strategy) to thus gain more sales. All the hype aside, Sauvage is a very solid fragrance. Buy the 200ml version as it is the best value for money. It is meant for any season but the ideal season for me would be spring or fall.
TristanKalus
That's the thing about hype
With this fragrance from the house of Dior started a good 3 years ago my personal journey through the world of perfumes. I owned a few fragrances before, but never really dealt with them. What smelled good went on the skin. But at some point the last bottle was used up and something new was needed. But which fragrance should it be? So I started my first research and came across relatively quickly on our well-known perfume-YouTuber, which praised among other things this fragrance as the holy grail in the sky. I couldn't believe my luck and felt like I had cracked the secret code of the fragrance world. After a short period of reflection, the fragrance was also ordered and I waited eagerly for my little treasure, which should bring me after the promises every day countless compliments of the ladies.

- Thank God this is no longer a selection criterion for me. -

Now that the days of waiting were over and I carefully took my new Dior out of its packaging, I was finally able to sniff the elixir of wonder. Well, what can I say. Yes, it smelled good, but not as good as advertised. Well what the heck I thought and applied it for the first time and I must say that I found it very pleasant - easy to wear. The pepper tickles the nose for the first few seconds and then a fresh scent develops with a spicy underpinning and a slight salty hit. I won't go into the exact composition and DNA of the fragrance here now, as there are already enough, very good comments on this. What I can say, however, is that the association with one of the many blue shower gels for sporty active men came up relatively quickly. And what all these shower gels have in common in terms of their fragrance is pleasantness. And here, in my eyes, is the crux with which this fragrance has to live. An enormous amount of favorability plus a huge amount of hype, fueled by self-proclaimed perfume influencers. We all know the result. A year after its release, every shopping mall smelled like Dior Sauvage. Definitely speaks to the success of the fragrance, but unfortunately this quickly made it uninteresting to me and from that point on it was only used as a sports and work fragrance by me. As I said, all in all a good, solid men's fragrance, in which there is nothing to complain about for the price called. Credit must be given to Dior Sauvage for making its contribution to the fragrance world and making Ambroxan attractive to the designer sector. However, he has had his time.

For me, he will always remain the ticket to the world of fragrances and thus of great emotional value. But in a world of individualism, I do not want to smell like everyone.
BE WILD AND FREE
I associate this life motto with this perfume. It is for me an extraordinary fragrance that combines a pinch of adventure with a touch of freedom! It awakens the spirit of adventure and the urge for freedom in a man! For me, wearing this fragrance is a statement for the free and adventure-seeking man! He arouses so enthusiasm and admiration at the same time! A truly magical fragrance!
I wear this fragrance very often when I go out in the evening and want to feel the freedom!
I must admit that I apply more of this fragrance than necessary, but if already, then already! The reactions of my environment are not long in coming! Of course, many other men perceive this fragrance. So I often hear: "My boss also wears this scent!" "I got this fragrance as a gift from my girlfriend last week!" "This scent is Sauvage!" These reactions confirm what can be read in many comments here, the scent is absolutely mainstream! And even men who are not as intensely into perfume as we are are now familiar with this scent! This is an indicator for the insane success of Sauvage! But should I stop wearing this fragrance because of that? Does it lose its brilliance and above all its very special aura because of its extraordinary success? I've often asked myself these questions, too! I'm thinking....
But there are other reactions as well! I am a person who loves life and freedom, who likes going to parties, attending concerts and frequenting bars and pubs. Of course I wear Sauvage, among other things, to these occasions! I often come into contact with many groups of people at these events and often see a reaction. Many notice the smell of my perfume despite the crowds. Some of them (mainly women) then approach me because of the extraordinary scent! "But you smell good!" "What great perfume are you wearing? "What's the name of your perfume?" This shows how enchanting this fragrance is and emphasizes its intense S/H! You can also see in other places like stairwells, elevators, restaurants, etc that many fellow people notice this scent. Of course, I don't want to rule out that some find the scent too intense, just don't like it or find it too intrusive! But he is immediately perceived and moves the environment...
But the most important thing is, the fragrance pleases me way too much, embodies my attitude to life and just fits me! That's why I wear it, although it is now absolutely mainstream! Because this is the true and only reason that decides on my perfume, I have to identify myself 100% with my fragrance, no matter how good or bad the others find him!
Sauvage belongs in my personal top 3! It is after Fleur Du Male (Gaultier) and even before Noir Extreme (Tom Ford) my personal number 2!
I find, one can carry this smell actually to all occasions, I would use it personally however rather for the evening and/or for the night, if one(n) goes out! Who applies this fragrance also times too thick, should not be surprised that you smell immediately noticeable and from the (people) mass stands out or is addressed by the recognition! I had many nice encounters during my night tours and some of them committed with the magical scent of Sauvage! I like the original fragrance much better than its successor, but that's a matter of taste as so often!
The extraordinary secret of success of this perfume is, in my opinion, the ingenious marketing combined with a magical scent! When many asked me the name of the fragrance, I simply said it was Johnny Depp's perfume! Immediately, everyone knew! That's how catchy the Johnny Depp commercial was! Well, and also a Johnny Depp once often embodied the life motto BE WILD AND FREE in his big movie roles...
Leo0045
Only because of the hype not bad
I think the Sauvage is unjustly hated by some members. Of course, he is now known everywhere and arrived. However, it is still a great fragrance for many occasions. That it is so well received by the masses could also be due to the fact that the fragrance is simply good. Especially for people like me, who are just diving into the perfume world, it is the perfect fragrance for situations in which you are not sure what to wear.
Super emergency fragrance which I think will still find its place in many collection for a very long time. RIGHT!

Amine1989Amine1989 7 months ago
In first time i liked it but now i cant dig it its too synthetic for me , and that ambroxan is too strong . Go easy on it 2 spray max
DemeteraDemetera 1 year ago
Terror in a bottle with an ambroxan bomb. Should be a great scent but its sillage is 800% of a normal scent, and can smell on every 3rd ppl.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
The fragrance isn't bad. It's even quite agreable. But it is highly overrated and many people are disappointed with this perfume.
VilarVilar 2 years ago
Nothing special. Move on.
DavidBrazDavidBraz 2 years ago
It has one of the biggest clouds i've ever felt. It's not a masterpiece but it smells good. Like to wear it once in a while. Bergamot+Ambrox
KLewisKLewis 3 years ago
Very popular, instantly recognisable, her ex probably had it...
ScentsByKKScentsByKK 3 years ago
Sweet, Creamy, Woody
AkuninAkunin 3 years ago
Great performance , long lasting , great silage , great all-rounder for every season and every occasion . 10/10
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
I recently met a friend and a cloud of perfume involved me. I asked him: "What are you wearing?""Sauvage by Dior". Very good and intense.
IanFriedrichIanFriedrich 3 years ago
It's a love/hate fragrance. I dislike it coz it's mass pleasing.
Honestly, I can say that every time I smell Sauvage, I get addicted to it.

by Irini
Für Fresh 21 echt schräg : na, wer erkennt die Schnüffelnase (links), mit der ungewöhnlichen Testmethode?
by GilAroma
by GilAroma
Ich mag es einfach!
by TomDuft
Für Fresh's Maskulin - Challenge :Männer und Grillen, da muss gelöscht werden (im Sinne von den Durst mit Bier löschen)
by MrNiceGuy
by Crowzen
by Crowzen
by TksScent
by TksScent
Die 200 ml Flasche :) Super :)
by Tacmaxx
by Toreter
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior