Sauvage (2015) Eau de Toilette

Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior

Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Ambrox, Elemi resin, Calabrian bergamot, Patchouli, Provençal lavender, Pink pepper, Geranium, Sichuan pepper, Vetiver

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 16.03.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10
Mostly for spring & summer
Pretty nice fragrance. When I first discoverd it, I was blown away. In a good way. Pleasant freshness, citrusy, synthetic and sharp. Long lasting power, but it became too popular. Too many people are using it. That’s why it lost its magic. Great performance (9+ hours) with strong projection (at least 3 hours). Versatility plays home with this one. Good for a signature scent, good for work, good for casual uses (less sprays), good for dates and so on. Almost any season, except deadly winter (for me).
Pretty pricy but it worth it.
Overall rating : 8/10
8.0 5.5/10
Hayleyyy
Yes! Or no, somehow not. Or is it?
Sauvage, Sauvage. You've been heard all over the place.
So I thought to myself, you grab the device and test it.

I don't know if I like him or not. When I wear it, it makes me uncomfortable. He doesn't really stand out, and when he does, you know him. Other days I'm just in the mood for him.
You definitely don't do anything wrong with him, but he's really overused today.

Now for something that I find really strange. Maybe somebody will agree with me? This warmth and "stuffness" that this fragrance brings with it... That somehow always reminds me of when you came to a classroom where a class had been teaching before and there was no window open...
5.0 7.0 9.0 8.0/10
Perfomos
The best fragrance for everyday use
I smelled it for the first time, I have this scent with a friend. I fell right in love with the scent. This is simply the perfect fragrance for everyday use. That's how many compliments I got from Dior Savage. There is almost nothing wrong with this great fragrance, except that many people wear it. In the beginning the fragrance is well fruity and after some time rather spicy
10.0 8.0 10.0 8.0/10
Ice cold smoke - Citric opening
A fragrance that everyone should know by now, a fresh citrus attack with a smoky/ashy base.

Recommendation for the summer? No.
Recommendation for the rest? Yes.

9.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10
PourHomme
The silent seducer at the next table ..
This is my second comment on the fragrance, because at first I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about the fragrance DNA, but after several samples I am now overwhelmed by this perfume.
Only I was thinking about buying the EdT or the EdP and after a direct comparison I chose the EdT because it is a bit fresher and fits well for the coming spring.
The EdP is somewhat warmer from the base note and does not give off such an intense freshness as the EdT.
Well, we're talking about the eau de toilette here This begins with an elegant freshness, paired with the bergamot sneaks a light strength that is simply unique !
After a few minutes, the freshness dominates and Sauvage's pleasant, elegantly warm strength is released and deposited on the skin for the next few hours.
In addition, the fragrance is paradoxically inconceivable strikingly inconspicuous. Yeah, that's what I meant! Sauvage sits in his seat and appears every time you call him. What I mean by this is explained by this example:
On every date I sprayed perfume like D&G The One or Boss Bottled with the hope to get a compliment, in vain. It was only when I had Sauvage that I was complimented at work, by friends and on dates. With my previous perfumes, I could never weigh exactly how many sprayers to use to achieve an ideal sillage. He's inconspicuous here. The Sillage is ideal, not too much, not too little. It's not a scent that screams: Here I am! No, he calmly enters the restaurant and walks towards his table, radiating a quiet self-confidence that immediate guests will perceive as you walk past them. Then the nose of the people follows the discreet Sillage and wonders what a hammer scent this might be ? And the gentleman with this perfume sits quietly in his place with his date and enjoys the quiet, inconspicuous attention.
How do I reach this Sillage?
Well I always spray 2-3 shocks on my work, when going out there can be up to 5 shocks to get positive feedback and secret looks.

Altogether I would call Dior Sauvage really an all-rounder, because he is incredibly noble, elegant, fresh, masculine and very comfortable to wear ! It also fits perfectly to work, to go out, to the suit you can wear it well, even to the leather jacket it fits very well ! It has more features than any other perfume on the market, so this is clearly one of my Top 10 fragrances and I can recommend it to any man looking for an all-rounder :).
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10
pudelbonzo
The switch overcomes the hard one
Just remembered that the good friend will have his birthday soon.

Yes, a gift book is already ready for him - but I know that my husbands appreciate to get a scent from me.

And W is also a grateful fragrance buyer, which makes me happy, because I like to go on the search.
I have to go to Kstadt today anyway.

And intuitively, I was heading for Sauvage.

On my pa I liked the Eau Sauvage - so I was in a positive mood.

But the start stopped me - the greeting was so harsh, almost harsh.
The friend is on the one hand a masculine appearance - on the other hand a soft-hearted animal docki.
Is it the elemi resin that receives me so pithy kerlig ?

No, W does not carry this attitude within him - and his four-legged patients are also delicately strung.

So I turn away - and turn to cuddly plush when I am enveloped in a soft, cozy lavender note - with flowery rose geranium.
I look around for the reason for this fragrance and find my own back of the hand.
Oh - what conversion !
Cloud-softly the "savage" surrounds me - calm and tame.
Patch looks deep, but light - and Vetiver has a sympathetic earth.
A round, harmonious impression is created - unobtrusive because it is close to the skin.

Now Sauvage also makes sense to my sensitive friend.

I look into his Zen gift book and read:

The water overcomes the fire -
the soft overcomes the hard.
8.0 10.0 9.0 9.0/10
Sauvage - my first rendevouz
Sauvage, my first real perfume, which I chose myself at Douglas (who would have thought it). My first real perfume, however, was probably Joop Homme, which I smelled at a school colleague, and "bought" him.
At the age of a little more than 16, I was in the typical "1 Million, Invictus, Mainstream Target Group", but at that time I only owned the Joop Homme, also because it was affordable for a student and has a great performance.
And as it had to come I liked the Sauvage, on Youtube it was said, the girls are crazy about him. Of course I also thought it was super, nice fresh and spicy, completely different from Joop Homme.
So I saved a little pocket money and my 16-year-old I bought the scent.
And what can I say? I loved him! I loved him! He's been with me all through high school,
every day punctually at 7.30 there were 2 splashes behind the ears and then off to school.
Oh and how I was happy when a pretty classmate once said:
"Boh, who's wearing the beautiful perfume?" - and grinned proudly at it.
And what the fragrance experienced with me, where it already was with me;
The first date with the then girlfriend, the trips to Rome, LLoret, Krakow,
the graduation ceremony, the graduation party in a suit, the (semi-)forgotten party nights at the embarrassing
School parties, but also the first real fight with the girlfriend

Now - 3 years later - I see it a little different:
I wouldn't wear the fragrance every day anymore, but not because more people wear it today.
I just smelled "full", but sometimes I feel like the smell and
immediately after spraying on, think about the great moments I had with him.
Sure, the scent is certainly not unique or special, many people wear it.
But no, I don't think "Oh great, another one with Sauvage", but I am happy to smell him,
i am glad that others like him too!
What do I want to say?
You certainly won't notice the scent, but it smells good for most people, if that's important to you and you get a compliment or two. It doesn't matter how many people wear it if you like it.
Today I wouldn't get it anymore, taste also changes in the course of time.
(Hopefully I've matured a bit too)
Nevertheless I hope the Sauvage, my first rendevouz with a perfume,
also in 20 years still in my collection is to be found :)
10.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10
Bewitching Ambergris
While in the beginning the tones are rather fresh, the strong wave of ambergris gradually comes, which dominates until the end. All in all I find the scent, although I made a long bow around it for a long time, very beguiling and beautiful to smell, which didn't let me go after two tests. In my opinion, he does not come close to egoistic, but he still lacks the certain something, the fine accents perhaps, the opposite, the tension, but he has nested himself deep in my heart, and I like him. The bottle is very beautiful to look at and to touch, simply very noble.
8.0 9.0 9.0 7.5/10
Spaghetti scent
Although almost all women love it, I find it only solid, it has a fruitiness for my sensation that doesn't match the tart note and therefore looks a bit musty, like Shisha smoke. Probably it smells better for others because of the distance than for the wearer. In its components good, lasts long, 8 hours easy, is very well perceptible, but in itself not 100% harmonious. It can somehow not decide whether it wants to be boy or man, player, macho or gentleman, what in a time of contradictory demands on the modern man probably constitutes his universal compatibility.
6.0 6.0 6.0 6.5/10
Solid marketing food
I just don't understand the hysteria. Turnover technically everything correctly and ingeniously made. I'd never buy it. Such a fragrance can cost at 100 ml maximum 49.95 more but also not more. Sorry fans but this fragrance could also be classified among the Ferrari fragrances
4.0 7.0 7.0 6.5/10
MrInfinite
Night duty at the hospital
24 hours better said, but I only wear Dior at night. There is not much to say about my job except: exhausting (like Sauvage). All those who perceive him may like him but he cannot convince anybody. Neither do I. I ordered Sauvage along with DHI when he came out. Three years later, I come to the same conclusion: If I had read the composition without knowing what fragrance it was, I would have directly bet on Fahrenheit because it has the same spicy note. But Fahrenheit could never score with a fresh side and was therefore a somewhat difficult scent for hard times.
Sauvage doesn't try to focus on it in the first place, but just wants to get everyone's attention. And what's the difference now? He has the looks and/or noses of his environment on itself directed however more he also does not create.

I think that Dior wanted to praise himself again how well they can hit the mainstream nerve.
It is portable and not bad yet only average.
8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10
KLewis
I will always love this.
This was the first real fragrance that I tried that wasn't something like Old Spice, I will always love this stuff!

Yes this fragrance very popular and easily recognisable making is unable to stand out in the crowd, but this scent is just so fresh, simple and somehow still masculine. The Ambroxan gives it a slight synthetic smell but it is not unpleasant.

This fragrance is great for any season and appropriate for almost all occasions making it one of the most versatile fragrances available.
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10
Heartcore
Statistics never lie... or do they?
To preview the title selected above: No! No! No! At least the "Frequently worn" statistics reveal many a truth one would not reckon with.

Recently I wrote a blog entry in which I referred to the perpetual search for THE olfactory discovery. I have gone into the meaningful use of the tools offered here. One of them is the entry of the fragrance used daily.

When I recently retrieved the above data, I was surprised to find that no less fragrant than Sauvage was leading the podium. I really didn't expect that.

So I decided to dedicate a short comment to this fragrance, in which I would like to explain why it is - at least for me - my most worn fragrance to date.
As I wrote in my statement, this EdT does not reinvent the wheel. What characterizes me is its versatility. Whether day or night, office or party, winter or summer - Sauvage is always portable. This makes it a very important addition to my collection, which I was not really aware of until now.
Furthermore, its durability and silage, which can be classified as very good, are to be mentioned. He keeps with me the whole working day without any problems, so that I can still perceive him in the evening. The Sillage is strong, so it remains permanently perceptible. Under no circumstances should one underestimate the nasal adaptation that can occur under certain circumstances with the amount of ambroxane used
For me he is a fresh beast, one of the blue shower gel fragrances - if not the best of all his kind. The bottle is simple and very attractive due to the beautiful colour gradient. I did not notice anything of a reformulation, but my bottle is about 1.5 years old.
6.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10
Kafumi
A Nutella toast is simply delicious!
I welcome unusual cuisine, modern, as well as classical art and music. I like to go to arthouse cinemas and listen to jazz in my spare time. What I want to say is that I value art very much and like to surround myself with beautiful, special things. But all this does not stop me from indulging in simple, straightforward, ordinary things - sometimes more, sometimes less often. I like to see Hollywood movies, listen to pop music, watch YouTube videos (often far too many) and I love to eat light toast with Nutella.
This is exactly the same principle that applies to Sauvage: even though I appreciate artistic, extraordinary, lifelike fragrances and like to smell and wear them, I cannot deny that every time I smell Sauvage I have to think "Man smells good". It smells like nothing in particular, lasts until the next shower and everyone knows it, but nothing changes the fact that I simply like the scent (whatever it should be). And if you don't necessarily ask a perfume connoisseur (which is not the case for most people), you'll usually get similar reactions.
Even though Dior didn't create a work of art here, and almost every house now has an Ambroxan bomb and the scent is really nothing unusual anymore, I still like to fall back on it again and again, just like on the Nutella toast.
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10
Sebastian80
Not quite so overwhelming, not quite so simple...
I was as well as many were: Not the advertising (not Johnny Depp), but the numerous, exuberant Youtube videos have brought me to Dior's train horse.
All Season - All Occasion, the perfect all-rounder and by the way THE can opener in the perfume business.

So far the seemingly ubiquitous opinion.
So I put on this scent blindly and one thing ahead of me: I don't regret it. However, it should also not be concealed that the very first contact rather disillusioned me. "That's what he's supposed to be? The scent that everyone's talking about and raving about?" Meanwhile, I no longer let myself be guided by expectations, but by my own test judgement - and he passed it with flying colours anyway.
Fresh spicy is to be read in the classification. Here I have my difficulties. Under a really fresh scent, I imagine something else - of course, a dark and heavy shower gel of blue color may still pass as fresh, but it is at least not my first association. The Dior actually manages to smell well-groomed and that in a way that is inimitably velvety and smooth for me. The seasoning, especially the pepper, is harmoniously integrated into the fragrance.
Granted, some days Sauvage is too exhausting for me. Especially in the hot summer, or applied too thickly, it gets on my nerves quickly. Less through corners and edges, but more actually, through his incredible presence. This fragrance is a market crier, if you force him, his performance surprises me again and again. Attached to clothing, it lasts many, many days.
Quieter and more deliberate, in front of a smaller audience I like Sauvage much better. Here he plays out his charm and convinces with class and elegance.
The complete package looks very high-quality and on the whole temperature and dosage play the role for me mainly, whether I perceive Sauvage as a velvety cape, or as a scratchy doormat. For me one of the best fragrances at the moment, but not at all times and certainly not at every use
9.0 9.0 8.0 8.0/10
NicosV
A successful marketing hit!
A successful marketing hit! Has a beautiful bottle. It is very easily recognizable and because of its popularity not very unique. I’m wearing this fragrance for about three years and it smells really good. I get many compliments especially from the opposite sex. Sauvage is a fresh, clean fragrance appropriate for almost all occasions. Projection and longevity is great.
8.0 10.0 10.0 8.0/10
Let’s blame the pirate!
Love, hate, love, hate.... a lot has been said about this one. No matter what I think or what YOU think, the crowd loves it. That’s just the way it is.
The downside is that it’s exactly everywhere. Damn you Johnny Pirate, its all your fault!
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10
Carlitos01
Dior Sauvage EDT ... not really wild!
I must warn you that I am not a big fan of Sauvage EDT. If you can't stand objective criticism it's better that you skip my review. I also remark for the non french speakers that "SAUVAGE" in french translates as "WILD".

TOP NOTES
Too peppery for my taste. It does disturb the necessary harmony between notes. I really believe that many people gave more points to bergamot in the opening notes because they wished it to be there. After all it is somewhat difficult to confront the house of Dior with a comment like "Does not smell great!". You feel tempted to have another thought like "Well, it must be my nose and not the Dior fragrance..."
I already tried a decant of the EDP and I recognise that the pepper is not as dominant as in the EDT. The EDP is more creamier and more agreable.
MIDDLE NOTES
Again too peppery. The perfume remains unbalanced. The notes arrangement remain not overly pleasant and the resulting scent is somewhat common.
This is not really the behaviour of a top market fresh aromatic or fougére cologne. It looks more like a "peppery spicy common cologne" that you may buy everywhere for an inexpensive price.
I remark again that the EDP is way more balanced and creamier,
FINAL NOTES
Suddenly all conflicting notes are washed away and we get a somewhat better dry down - pleasant but not outstanding - composed by a dominant ambroxan, a faint cedar and a almost non detectable labdanum. Basically you smell a quality ambroxan note for a couple of hours or a bit more.
MY COMMENTS
The fragrance isn't bad. it's even quite agreable. But it is highly overrated and many people are disappointed with this fragrance. Expectations are kept very high by the price, the brand name, by some famous YouTube reviewers, and by some previous Sauvage owners that don't like to admit their deception. For less than half the price I can buy Cartier's Declaration d'Une Soir Intense (n) and get a more alluring "expensive" scent.
If you try the flanker Sauvage Very Cool Spray, you may notice the same notes but with a different balance between them.... a lot less pepper (both the 2 different peppers) does make a big difference. It seems that Sauvage should be the flanker and not the opposite. I still did not fully test the EDP version, so I cannot compare details with the EDT. My main cologne sniffer - my wife - also thinks this fragrance to be pretty common and overrated.
If you consider a Sauvage inexpensive good clone, like Armaf Ventana pour Homme or Zara Aromatic Future or Capucci Homme Sauvage, and you face a simpler fragrance with less quality notes, more synthetic, smaller longevity and sillage, but a lot fresher and agreeable. If you respray a couple of times you end up with a similar sillage/longevity for 10%~20% of the price.
If you consider a more expensive Sauvage clone like Luna Rossa Carbon from Prada, the result is the same but you end up saving less.

My overall rating: 7.75/10.0
My advice: Try the EDP

(n) note: Cartier's Declaration d'Une Soir Intense it's not similar to Sauvage but aims the same target market.
7.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10
Spicy - fresh aromatic - woody amber
Awkwardly I get more compliments with Sauvage than any of my most niches! People love it while I don’t find it such exquisite. It's fresh powdery with foggy spicy warmth within and soft woodsy base, resembling to many others mainstream fragrances but not similar to anyone!

Sauvage is a purpose, versatile, winter-to-summer, day or night, casual-to-formal fragrance with good longevity and sillage. What a peaceful and handy perfume!
3/5
10.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10
Versatile/Underrated gem
Despite the many negative reviews, i find Dior Sauvage is really really good scent, i use it on a daily basis i guess, my colleagues at work love it, and it gets me compliments, it's very versatile scent, it easily lasts 8 hours on my skin, it's not overpowering scent yet people will detect its presence, i don't care if it's synthetic or whatsoever, it's all about if you find it good, then buy it, don't follow the hype whether it's good or bad, because at the end of the day it's a matter of taste.

Vilar 64 days ago
Nothing special. Move on.+1
1.0
DavidBraz 6 months ago
It has one of the biggest clouds i've ever felt. It's not a masterpiece but it smells good. Like to wear it once in a while. Bergamot+Ambrox
KLewis 7 months ago
Very popular, instantly recognisable, her ex probably had it...
ScentsByKK 7 months ago
Sweet, Creamy, Woody
Akunin 11 months ago
Great performance , long lasting , great silage , great all-rounder for every season and every occasion . 10/10+1
Jazzy76 11 months ago
I recently met a friend and a cloud of perfume involved me. I asked him: "What are you wearing?""Sauvage by Dior". Very good and intense.
IanFriedrich 14 months ago
It's a love/hate fragrance. I dislike it coz it's mass pleasing.
Honestly, I can say that every time I smell Sauvage, I get addicted to it.+1
harveynone 20 months ago
Gets unsolicited compliments from Uber drivers. Needs 15 minutes to settle down. Although my nose gets fatigued, people do notice my silage.+1
PMRP12 2 years ago
Like a crisp, freshly laundered white buttoned shirt; always appropriate and distinctly masculine.+4
JManDave 3 years ago
Only like Sauvage so-so, it's hardly a favorite. But every single time I wear it, it draws compliments, so I feel compelled to continue.+3
Elysium 3 years ago
Hey, what's wrong with it? A body of dark lavender surrounded by smooth bergamot, a tinge of peppercorn mix, and a soul of bittersweet amber!+2
Hermesh 3 years ago
The scent that fights wild and disoriented with spicy, citric, fresh, fruity-floral notes.+2
5.0
OPomone 4 years ago
A vision of hell:
Sauvage in autumn
1 Million in winter
Boss Bottled in spring
Allure Homme Sport in summer.
Well, I think I'm going to puke.+12

Hamburg
by Seriii94
by Seriii94
by Bajki
Die 200 ml Flasche :) Super :)
by Nizarito