Sauvage (2015)Eau de Toilette

Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior

Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Ambrox, Elemi resin, Calabrian bergamot, Patchouli, Provençal lavender, Pink pepper, Geranium, Sichuan pepper, Vetiver

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 14.02.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Nyamoto
The beginning of a passion
For 7 years I smoked and probably missed many nice scent experiences. I usually only put perfume on because my girlfriend wanted it. I never really thought about fragrance nuances, durability and sillage. At most, the bottle, which in my opinion at the time was supposed to reflect the fragrance, guided my selection in one direction or another. But the conscious decision to quit smoking has changed my world. It is not only in sports that I have reached new heights. Also the world, to perceive with the nose, has changed me lastingly.

Shortly after I quit smoking, I decided to buy a new fragrance. Simply as a new start and a small reward for having made it through the first few days. In my mind not to touch the old incense sticks again, I went to the orange illuminated "M" specialty shop/drugstore (do not confuse with the golden M). There I stood now. In front of shelves full of EdP and EdT. No idea of fragrance concentrations and ingredients. No idea at which corner and at which spray head I should press first. Just go for it. So I started to try my hand at Google on my side through the shelves.

Johnny Depp? There's something familiar about that poster. Broodingly, I sprayed a strong hint of ingredients onto a test strip. There he was. The scent I was looking for exactly for this section. Somehow different and new he smelled to me. Just right to put myself in a new smoke-free image. A fragrance I liked to smell and I am happy when I could apply it in the morning after showering. One that induced some self-confidence. More often than not, I would run into the bathroom just to sniff the bottle because I liked the scent so much. The foundation for my enthusiasm for perfume was laid. (I didn't realize the advertisement with Johnny until much later, I always thought he was advertising for a clothing brand and moved on)

To the fragrance:

In the meantime I have been able to try some scents and sharpen my sense of smell. Especially niche fragrances make it difficult for me to classify this very synthetic scent. I used to like the smell a little better. He was more of a knockout or fascination to me. My problem is predominantly Ambrox. Compared to the EdP, however, it is very balanced here. I even find the mixture of the added pepper to be successful and you can clearly see it when spraying it on. The range of applications for the fragrance is also positive. No matter if club, house party or simply in the office and leisure time - the scent always works.

Shelf life:

One lady noticed the smell on her couch cushion two days later. Especially because of the Ambrox. But also on clothes and skin the scent lasts for a long time and easily survives a working day.

Sillage:

Very loud when applying. But after some time very reserved. Therefore, in my opinion, also better suited for the office than the EdP variant.

Flacon:
My favourite feature is clearly the magnetic lid. The bottle itself is very symmetrical and simple. The way I like it
9.0 8.0 8.0 5.5/10

RiverRun83
The literature sums it up
Despite the many advertisements of Jeremy at the time, I have tried this fragrance several times. Maybe it's hard for me to believe that a brand like Dior brings something to the market that can only be described as mainstream, at least after a short time. Unfortunately, I have never been able to cope with the exuberant Ambrox note.
However, when I meet someone who is surrounded by a cloud of this fragrance or one of its many imitators in the chewing gum shower gel segment, I also get the impression that I don't correspond to the target group at all.
After I couldn't find any access to it and moreover so much has been written about this fragrance, I didn't see any reason to write a comment myself until I read the book "How to stop time" by Matt Haig and found a wonderfully fitting description in it, which met my own thoughts so well that I wanted to share them here. Quote:
"Dubai. [...] I'm strolling through a store where a woman wants to spray me with after shave. "No need to thank me," I say, but she disagrees. She sprays the scent, 'Sauvage', on a thin rectangular card and holds it out to me, smiling so emphatically that I take the card and leave. I sniff the piece of cardboard and imagine all the plants from which the fragrance comes, think of how far from nature we live, how much we have to work with nature before we can bottle it and write the word 'sauvage', 'wild' on the label. The smell doesn't do anything for me except headaches."
Concerning the headaches I felt mostly similar and of the mentioned elements from nature I could find mostly little behind the Ambrox.
Despite the headache, the fragrance has found many followers and caused a certain hype, as well as inspiring numerous imitations. I acknowledge this fact with a few percentage points in the evaluation. The durability is better than I wanted it to be at the end of my test runs. The bottle is elegant and beautiful, as you know it from Dior.
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

GucciBratan
WILD / FRESH / MAINSTREAM = SUCCESS ! Rightly?
Yes, you're right!

With Sauvage, Dior has succeeded in bringing perfumes back into the focus of the masses.
Dior Sauvage had an enormous hype and everyone wanted it.

I'll just say that for many Dior Sauvage was probably the first EdT that came into the collection. Sauvage's fragrance DNA has set new standards and all brands wanted to have a Sauvage in their collection. Prada Luna Rossa Carbon, Writer and what they are all called.

Question: Can a fragrance be so bad if everyone wants one? No!
Sauvage smells fresh and spicy like pepper with a citrus note and has an enormous shelf life, which many highly praised designer fragrances do not have.

If you read through the comments here, you might get the idea that some people have an almost personal dislike for the perfume. All right, but then analyze the scent objectively and not emotionally. In my opinion Sauvage is one of the best releases of the last 10 years in the field of designer fragrances.

I therefore do not consider a rating of 7.6 to be appropriate.

Everyone can have their own opinion, but with this fragrance DIOR has reached the masses like no other competitor.

Conclusion: Mainstream: YES ! But this is not bad / Question: Why is mainstream always seen as bad here?

Fragrance fresh spicy with ambroxan and pepper the perfect match for men.
It was and still is a complimentary fragrance, even in 2020 !
Sauvage can be worn both in the office and in the evening at parties.

So for me the bottom line is the best DIOR fragrance of the last 10 years.
I still like to wear it very much and will continue to wear it :)

In addition, the price/performance ratio is right.
Here fragrances are lifted into the sky with a shelf life of 2 hours. Seriously?

In my opinion it is very important that you always include the price/performance ratio in the evaluation and see what you get for your money. And you can get a lot of it at Dior Sauvage. When I look at fragrances for 300 euros that are praised for their durability, I ask myself why? I can expect that when I spend so much money on a fragrance.

For me, Dior Sauvage clearly cuts the water off all the would-be top fragrances.
In this price range you will find nothing better in terms of durability and freshness.

Thanks for reading it.
9.0 8.0 8.0 2.0/10

Adriano91
Outside hui - inside pfui - or: a homage to glue
A short foreword, as this is my first comment on Parfumo: I have been a silent reader of this forum for a long time and I think it's great how the passion for good perfumes unites people - keep it up! :) Please be gracious with my first comment, no master has fallen from heaven yet! :)

So now to Dior Sauvage: As a now 28-year-old man who has been enthusiastic about good perfumes for 10 years, I have of course also noticed the hype surrounding the bestseller from Dior (it currently occupies second place in the Douglas top ten). Nevertheless, this fragrance, which has been available for almost 5 years now, has passed me by for a very long time, as I was simply very satisfied with my existing perfumes. After countless entries in forums and ratings on various Youtube channels, I have tested it myself in the last few days. I was most attracted by the frequent statements which Sauvage called a more intense and longer-lasting version of my (beloved) office fragrance Bleu de Chanel (Edt). Never before have I tried a perfume with so much media premature praise. On Saturday the time had finally come - the delivery from the well-known drugstore arrived at my place. Full of anticipation I opened the package. The packaging and the flacon have directly generated a positive response on my part: simple, elegant and with a magnetic closure. Dior has done a good job here, the presentation really appeals to me. Of course, I then immediately loosened the cap and sprayed two splashes of the eau de toilette on my neck. Full of expectation for the promised odour explosion, I sat down to let the scent work for me too. And what happened now? I immediately felt transported back to the handicraft lessons in the primary school, when twenty teenagers tried to create more or less beautiful works of art with a rough amount of liquid glue. And that really was it - the fragrance that is so popular with so many people? I was actually a little shocked because I have never tested a perfume that was so unlike my taste. This is still benevolently expressed, I would have loved to take an intensive shower immediately. But I wanted to give the fragrance a chance to develop and possibly change into a more pleasant direction. However, I waited four hours for this positive turn of events without success. It has never been so difficult for me to smell any scents from a perfume. After having planned a date in the evening, I had only one choice: to wash off the scent and put on my date and night out scent Azzaro Wanted by Night. The evening ended very positively, I was then made aware that her top still smells of my great perfume. I wonder if what happened to Sauvage would have happened to me Probably not. Simple, because with that scent on me, I wouldn't have been around people. Too bad Dior - you will leave me after a short visit directly without returning (unless I want to create a flashback to my primary school days). Only your flacon I find appealing.
The comparison Sauvage vs. BdC, which is often made on Youtube, is almost blasphemous in my opinion - if it were (very) exaggerated, it would be almost like having an Opel compete against a Porsche and then seriously discussing which of the two is the better one.

Dear Sauvage wearers, don't be annoyed by my comment - taste is (fortunately) very subjective. Everyone who loves this fragrance should continue to enjoy it as much as I did with my duo Bdc & Azzaro.
9.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

You smell handsome
I confess I have Sauvage, and yes, I like him. I don't wear it very often, because the weather in Ireland cannot be compared with the German weather, and I think that's where it belongs.

If I read the ratings and comments, hardly any other fragrance seems to polarize as much as Dior Sauvage, from disgust and disgust to admiration, you will find a rich palette.
Why do I wear it? When it came out I would have liked to try it out - I admit to the hype and all. -but the salesgirl said it was the most popular men's fragrance in Ireland and therefore always gone. Ok, at first I thought so too, but I can hardly smell the fragrance and, mostly women buy the fragrances for their men, while the generation between 18 and 22 tend to go to the perfume departments of department stores - be it Brown & Thomas, Debenhams, or Boots, with most fragrances in locked display cases - and use the testers intensively before rushing to clubs or dates. But I rarely saw, better not to use any of the sauvage.
It may be different in Germany, is it mainstream? What is mainstream? If I look at the list of popularity, then yes, because it ranks seventh, but is that important when a fragrance is well done? Actually, less, and in my eyes, he is neat and tidy.
Maybe many people orientate themselves by the commercial with Johnny Depp, he on the buffalo and a car driving by, or was it the other way round? It says that Depp needed the money badly. Is the scent bad now because Depp is the advertising face?

Now I like to wear Eau des Baux in the colder season, and now and then Sauvage. The question is why? Quite simply because taste is mostly subjective and, as a pathologist once explained to me, the quantity makes the poison which is deadly. So it is with Sauvage, because Dior starts with Ambroxan, you could have used the stomach contents - or profane whale vomit - but then it would no longer be affordable, so you resort to a synthetic material. But you can also stick your finger down the throat of a sperm whale, or put a bullet between its eyes, then you have ambergris for the rest of your life (maybe I'll make a trip to Waterford, or Dingle). And Dior is not the first and only producer who puts Ambroxan, or Ambra in the foreground, the list is long. Then comes this short transition, which reminds me of herbs and towards the end of a spice market in Madras or nutmeg, the pepper is to blame according to the motto "if it's too strong, you're too weak For me it goes in a warm direction, therefore a fragrance for the winter and no fragrance for the whole year, there it has its justification.

Metaphorically speaking, I think the commercial is supposed to suggest leaving the old behind, practically the transition to getting older when you leave a stage of life behind, but ok, advertising and marketing are debatable. "For the creation of Sauvage, the man was my starting point. The pure and obvious masculinity. Like the image of a man who is timeless and never goes out of fashion," said Francois Demachy, "Well, I see it a little differently, but the important thing is the result and that doesn't fit in the desert, but to someone who is slowly turning grey. He is not the egg-laying wool-milk sow, so not a masterpiece, but not a natural disaster either, wild yes, but somewhat castrated, unlike Antaeus or Kouros.

So, ladies and gentlemen, let's come to my closing statement: I like Sauvage because it gives the wearer a pleasant feeling in the cold season, and is an all-rounder. It goes well with casual wear, the barbour jacket, the Donegal Tweet Jacket and the business suit. It can be worn in the office, opera or theatre. Is it hooker diesel, as someone wrote? Good grief, No! It is neither opulent, pompous, sweet, nor heavy. It is solidly handmade, rebellious at the beginning, then in the course of the fragrance it radiates warmth and softness, like tufts or fleece blankets. With me it arouses emotions after a fireplace in the living room, ours is in the kitchen, as is usual in English and Irish households. With a Baileys, or good whisky, Sauvage is comfortable. Is he an attractant for the opposite sex? It's a thing like that, I have the impression that many people buy fragrances not because they like them or because they feel comfortable, but because they think the female/male counterpart will become unconscious and can be dragged into the cave, I'll put it this way, when someone says red wine bewitches the opposite sex, these people would spray themselves with Beaujolais Nouveau. I bet that without fools, advertising and marketing, some people would probably go into ecstasy or not even notice it, because the market is constantly bringing new fragrances to the people. As for compliments, I got exactly three from the owner of my stationery shop where I buy refills for my Parker pens, and cartridges for the Lamy. When I stood by Cross' pens after I paid for them, she said, "you smell handsome, my love", the others were from a colleague and a colleague who thinks perfume is something nasty. But I don't need any compliments, my wife likes him very much and that is compliment and confirmation enough for me. And that brings me to the end of my presentation, I will be a jury member and leave Sauvage to your judgment.
8.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Famekid
Suddenly you're noticed by everyone
When I bought this fragrance in its year of release in the 60 ml version, I was not wearing it. After seeing the good feedback on the fragrance a year later, I thought I'd give it a chance. And lo and behold, everyone around me noticed the smell even after several hours. I think the best thing about this fragrance is that I can wear it anywhere. He's my signal scent for a reason. Some love him, others hate him. For me love at second sight. According to various sources (here in the forum and Youtube), unfortunately this scent has also been reformulated. If the reformulation proves to be true I hope for a (Eu de Toilete extreme).

This was my first comment so please don't tear me apart :)
9.0 10.0 8.0 8.0/10

MRBIG
Not necessarily suitable for people allergic to fragrances
My lovely wife compares this fragrance to a fabric softener and has asked me to apply it in her absence.

This probably applies to the head note, which is quite strongly ambroxane-heavy (ambroxane can trigger allergies) after spraying, because a little later the fragrance is perceived as more pleasant.
7.0 7.0 8.0 4.0/10

Kavalier
Uninspired hooker diesel for beta male
Admittedly, the title is somewhat provocative, but it is quite accurate. If you want to smell like mummy's cheap washing powder and one-dimensional freshness, this is the right place for you. Otherwise I cannot get much out of this profileless scent. Too bad - I expected more!

Less helpful Review
"All my laundry smells like your dior sauvage"
Said a woman I had lent my sweater to. 5 sprayers
2 of them on the breast
"You smell good" she whispered into my ear
3 days later she was a bit annoyed by the abroxan and the main stream character
But sauvage was wild and now I wear something else. But my date fragrance #1
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

KnowThis30
Where there seems to be no bad or good, right or wrong...everything is a matter of taste...
Well...what can be said about a fragrance like Dior Sauvage (EDT) that hasn't been said anywhere? Probably nothing! Is it possible to re-compile the scents on a keyboard in a way no person has ever composed before? Probably not! Everything to which it is worthwhile a closer look
has already been described in one form or another in this forum and elsewhere with the greatest possible certainty. Praised, fucked up, hated, envied, loved and idolized...Dior Sauvage.

And yet I would also like to try to express my opinion about this - but at least - opinion-dividing fragrance, as Dior Sauvage can be compared without understatement in his success with the original Acqua di Giò from 1996. Perhaps the success may have been a little slower than before, but today Sauvage is at least as well known and popular as the former king of aquatic fragrances - only with a stronger media presence! First and foremost on the net.
But first, I would like to approach three assertions that I believe cover the plight of this fragrance pretty much:

Statement 1:
Dior Sauvage is - at least from sales-technical view - the probably best example for successful marketing!

Statement 2:
Differently than at the beginning time of the smell by Youtubern and critics torn, it does not concern with Sauvage under any circumstances a bad smell!

Statement 3:
Away from the broad masses the fragrance probably fails among connoisseurs quite rightly due to the fragrance history of the house Dior!

Even though it may seem absurd for a fragrance, I would like to start the actual description with the marketing and advertising of the fragrance, which in my opinion is one of the greatest strengths of this fragrance. Television advertising, advertising banners on the net, presence in forums and blogs, as well as the unmissable campaign in relevant boutiques have brought this fragrance to where it is - to the top of the most popular fragrances.
I myself would like to call myself an involuntary victim of this well-oiled advertising machine, as I bought the fragrance in 2015 shortly after it appeared and emptied the bottle as quickly as probably hardly anyone else before it did. And this despite the really respectable durability - but maybe more about this later.

Yes, I was one of his early first victims, but I never had in mind the aura that is so popular in clubs nowadays!
Because while Dior Sauvage newcomers and casual buyers "only" over the zur
at that time still novel fragrance - with all the Ambrox slingshot which can be bought in the year 2019, it is unmistakably about freeloaders - captured, he lured the connoisseurs - or even only the informed - with his more subtle attractants: The name "Sauvage" deliberately evoked associations with the magnificent former "Eau Sauvage" by the Great Master Edmond Roudnitska from 1966. But even those who only knew the perfume variant of 2012 had a good reason to expect joy, at least intellectually.
And then there's this bottle! Although a little smaller, for the insiders it is comparable to the counterparts of the Privée collection. Fragrances that, due to their price label and their absence as eternally empty testers on the shelves of boutiques, stand for pure luxury - no matter how irrational the thought may seem to some to spend several hundred euros on a single fragrance. And that in 2015 something as inconspicuous and almost banal as a magnetic shutter (in the designer category) was not a matter of course either, should not go unmentioned here.

But what makes this fragrance, this Ambrox centrifuge so popular - I already called it before? In a few words: its universal application possibilities! Just like the Acqua di Giò mentioned at the beginning and some of its current successors and companions, Dior Sauvage is as versatile as few other fragrances.
It can be - and I ask you to forgive my choice of words a little - "prollig" enough for evening festivities, "sober" enough for most office environments, "spicy" enough for the older ones and "fresh" enough for the younger generations.
An almost complete lack of development is more of a disgrace to this fragrance's success, as it often gives the test buyers a much clearer picture than many a branching fragrance of head note, heart note and base note searching for departures. What you smell - if you are able to smell it at all - before the actual purchase, is usually what you get here.
Although...a short objection is still allowed to me: testing on the skin is strongly recommended especially with Dior Sauvage (and also all following Ambrox centrifuges)! A simple sniffing of a test strip at home can in this case contribute to an unwanted hulling of the nose and an annoying relief of the own purse. Because it is precisely this ambrox, which smells so metallic and pungent, that has the ability - or should we say curse - to smell differently on the skin of every owner. Thanks to the own PH-value...et al.

Let's not forget that Dior Sauvage is by no means a bad fragrance! Because let's be honest: even the best marketing may not permanently help a fragrance that stinks to heaven to be successful. And that he - like so many other successful fragrances - falls victim to his success and the inevitably following copies, is nowadays for better or for worse the norm rather than the exception. In 2015 his fragrance was something special! In 2019 he's only one of many!

The fact that Dior Sauvage was so malicious in its early days on Youtube and in corresponding forums, probably owes first and foremost to its initially indefinable purpose, most of the fragrances from Dior were rather something for lovers. Homme, Fahrenheit, Dune and Higher could not all be described as a uniform mush, often needed trained noses or at least several attempts and time to experience admiration and to grow to the heart.
Dior Sauvage, on the other hand, seemed to be made for the masses and not for lovers from the very beginning. Those who studied their worn scent, specifically selected it or ranked it according to purpose and/or season could only be disappointed - all others, however, were simply indifferent!

So was it good that this fragrance saw the light of day in 2015? A clear one: Yes! Many fragrances in the boutiques seem to be of much inferior quality, but due to a lack of popularity they do not receive much criticism. Even if the time of Ambrox may pass at some point and clear the way for other preferences or trends, one can be sure that at least Dior Sauvage - as a quasi beginner of this genre - will continue to have its place on the shelves of fragrances. Maybe no more scent for everyone, but at least still a long time for many and as good as any opportunity.

Or to conclude with the modified words of a Swiss doctor and natural scientist: "Only the dose makes the poison".
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Sauvage, Sauvage and Sauvage again
Good lunch on all sides

Who doesn't know him?
Sauvage, Sauvage and Sauvage again.
It is offered almost everywhere when it comes to perfumeries and drugstores and undoubtedly it enjoys a high degree of popularity which is why it has become quite mainstream.

No wonder. First of all, Dior, the name that is extremely polarized. Then the great advertising campaign and the beautiful bottle.

Well, is that it? No!

The fragrance itself is simply totally alluring, universal and long-lasting. No wonder he's so polarized.

Shouldn't he be worn now because of his popularity? Oh, nonsense!

No matter how popular a perfume may be, no matter who wears it, no matter how sucked it may be, if you like it, if it suits you, then wear it:-).
In addition there is a whole load of Ambroxan (chemical structure) in it (similarly smelling like amber-gris), which adapts itself again to your skin chemistry and/or comes on the skin with each person somewhat differently to the validity. Therefore it sprays on the skin to spray something uniqueness :-). (Self tested with different people. (PH value etc..)
But enough of that.

Now what makes him so good for me?

It starts fresh, very fresh. The bergamot is very good to smell and simply amazing. After a few minutes it becomes slightly peppery, but remains fresh. The Ambroxan note is always present with the freshness and pepperiness of bergamot and pink pepper. At the end it becomes slightly woody and spicy. But in the end, the freshness and spiciness remain until the end.

What I find so ingenious is the freshness of the fragrance. She starts and she stops. That's only the case with a few perfumes. Sauvage is also extremely intense and long-lasting. You have to get it right first with a fresh scent.
That makes it so beautiful and original for me.

It radiates good mood, energy and adventure. Even something mystical due to the spiciness.
In plain language, Sauvage is a perfume that lasts a long time, is fresh and spicy at the same time, is universally applicable and extremely well received.
What more could you ask for?
Sure, there are deeper and more complex scents, but you don't always need them.
Rating

Fragrance: 9,5/10
Application: 10/10
Intensity: 9/10
Shelf life:9/10
5.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Harrock
So these are the "real scents" that everyone's always talking about...
I am now 23 years old and haven't worn many fragrances in the past...
Of course these AXE deodorant sprays I had at that time a lot but the first time with a right perfume I came so with 18 years in connection. Back then for my birthday I got Ck One as a present, which is an incredibly beautiful calm and soapy scent, but also relatively one-sided. For me Ck one was the first perfume but never anything special, so after 2 to 3 years I hardly noticed the scent anymore...So it was time for something new !
so I checked. Online and on Youtube : What's so hot right now, What are the evergreens everyone knows and so on? In the end I tried various perfumes: from Cool Water to Joop Homme, from Versace Eros to One Million . from Aqua di gio to Encre Noir. None of the has convinced me but when I have smelled Sauvage, there it has triggered something in me ... With all the other scents I thought again and again: yes beautiful... but somehow nothing new ... nothing special you have somehow smelled a thousand times. But at Sauvage I recognized the first time, there is still a higher class of perfume . all the other scents are nice but too similar to 08/15 stop . Sauvage triggered emotions in me for the first time, the desire to possess him and above all the passion for fragrances This scent is for personally something very special ... it's the first real perfume i've discovered for myself. and i sh...ß on it if the meantime is too mainstream, or if every second has ever been given to christmas ... For me Sauvage especially the EDT is simply something very special. I only became aware of this again recently when I was in the cinema...I hadn't worn Sauvage for 2-3 months now, because he was all there and I had other scents to try out and when I was standing in line for the popcorn one stood behind me who was wearing Sauvage. and that immediately triggered these emotions in me again ... This need to want him. And I'd like to pass this on here as a tip: if you have a fragrance that you think is right for you, then consciously DO NOT wear it for two or three months... if you then recognize him outside e.g. in the cinema or the tram, and he triggers exactly the same emotions in you, then he is the right one... Every other scent you may take was also but you may think: "ah Cool Water nice scent I could buy again" but it doesn't trigger emotions in you and doesn't require you to want to own it again...
9.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Chronologie VIII - The Empire Strikes Back
To the release of this perfume it's been ten years since the launch of the famous Dior Homme, and, not counting in some flankers they made, it's been long since Dior came up with any new scents.

When I read the announcement for Sauvage, my first thought was that it would be just another flanker, but I was wrong. Dior proudly announced the new smell which was about to achieve some great expectations. To be honest, I expected Dior to do a counter kick to bestsellers Chanel Bleu and Guerlain Ideal which came true.
As if Demachy was given an assignment to make a universal perfume for the masses, which, I have to admit, he was able to do. The only critiques of this perfume are coming from the people who are connoisseurs of the perfume world, and those who use perfumes just as 'recreation' are simply deluded by it.

Gradual dark blue packaging with magnet cap, radiates with quality, elegance and luxury, which is commendable given the tradition of this house. The perfume story is really nice, quality, steady and projective, smells nice and modern. For me, this is one universal perfume, for every occasion, day and night.
8.0 10.0 10.0 7.0/10

The spirit of the 90s men's dressing room in a sports club
The first time I smelled him, I was horrified.
So unbelievably obscene, slightly prolacious and yet homely and down-to-earth. But why so homely?

I remember my father playing a lot of tennis in the 90s. I myself had tried my hand on the court as a child and so for the first time I had the pleasure of changing into a changing room.

There was a smell of different shower gels, fresh citric Deos a la 8x4 and at that time hip perfumes like ADG or Fahrenheit. This fresh, bitter and killing scent has probably burned into my head and I found it again in the form of a Dior scent.

I'm afraid he has nothing noble for me. From my point of view he's just extreme and obscene.

8.0 8.0 8.0 6.5/10

Timboeck
A good one, but not for me...
I had bought Sauvage at the time it was launched. At this time, I already attached importance to a great fragrance, but I still did not occupy myself in any way with fragrances, fragrance progressions, etc.. Also I had at that time mostly only a maximum of two perfumes at the same time which I used. So I wore a scent all year until it was empty.

I have not changed my mind about Sauvage in this respect until today. I still think that it is a great fragrance that can be worn all year round and on any occasion.

But I wouldn't buy it anymore because it has become omnipresent like so many good and successful fragrances. You just know him and smell him on him accordingly often
10.0 9.0 8.0 9.0/10

My first perfume
When I entered the perfume world, I had no idea. I got advice in the perfumery and after two three different scents (all ok, but not convinced me) I got the Dior Sauvage for a test. What the hell is that?! Biting in the nose, slight associations of cheap toilet cleaner and the need to sneeze. No. No way, but too late, he was already on my skin. So that was it for me with perfume for now (I thought). During the course of the day, however, I noticed an extremely pleasant smell coming from the place where I had the perfume. A wonderful freshness with a resiny-woody undertone. Was that really the same perfume I smelled two hours ago?
I then ended up buying the perfume after all and was 2 years and 3 bottles later still very impressed. You can't smell it from too close, but in the air it's just great. The shelf life is at least 7-8 hours, depending on the weather.
After I smelled the scent too often on the street, the Acqua di Gino Profumo became my signature scent. I just didn't want to smell like many others (yes, I know, ADG now the same).
The fragrance is recommended as a safe number for every occasion. It is very versatile and can be worn on any occasion at any time of the year. The durability is more than sufficient and the compliments came from all sides. Whether you want to wear it or not, because too many people simply wear it, is up to you. I won't even buy him although I always float in nostalgia when he meets me on the street.
8.0 9.0 8.0 9.0/10

The first perfume love !
About 2 years ago.....At that time I still had no relation to perfumes, let alone such a strong affection for different scents.
I was visiting my mother when my brother came to pick us up because we were invited by relatives. My big brother was waiting on the couch and I was lost in thought 2 meters away. In this trivial everyday moment, a fragrance cloud grazed me, enveloping me and my olfactory perception like an invisible veil.

My first thought ...

What in the world smells so damn good here...

Male!

Fresh!

Clear!

Peppery!

And this Ambrox note that knocked me over (At that time I had no idea of Ambrox let alone a scent note at all)

Immediately I had to ask what perfume he was wearing and he said DIOR SAUVAGE.

That was the beginning of my perfume journey. The incessant search for the perfect fragrance among thousands. The most beautiful addiction I have developed in my whole life, but I digress...

To the fragrance: A super fragrance that goes in my opinion to every season and damn well with the opposite sex arrives.

Big disadvantage: Meanwhile this is already the second Cool Water, 1 million, Le Male or in other words every second man has this scent in his inventory.
9.0 9.0 8.0 7.0/10

Norleans
Let's leave the bottle in the village
I call it "mercy of late birth," or "perfume affiliation." Sauvage is jafast as hotly discussed and torn apart as the one whose name must not be mentioned, with the numerous sorcerer's apprentices who almost smell like him.

I came across Sauvage EdT last year on a USA vacation when an eager lady behind the perfume counter of a major department store in Panama City (Florida, not Panama) was holding a strip of Sauvage EdT fragrance under my nose, flanked by a life-size cardboard salesman of a smooth ironed and freshly photo texted Johnny Depp. Maybe he drank a lot of water before the photos, changed his way of life and renounced dairy products, I don't know exactly.
In any case, I found the EdP a little too violent, peppery, stabbing. But I found the direction itself quite good. The lady then showed me the EdT, which I had never consciously smelled before. I really liked that and searched for my wife in the depths of the shoe department of the department store in question. When I found her after many hours (joking), I proudly held out my wrist to her and wanted to hear her voice. I don't want to repeat the whole monologue, but terms like "Pfui Deiwel, näh, Kopfschmerz" etc. were used. So the visit in the department store did not end with a purchase of the flacon (but with new shoes, many, many).

Back at home a friend at a higher age (Ü-80, but mentally, like clothing technically still top-fit) wore the Sauvage EdP freshly given by his wife and again I found it mega! My wife didn't think it was great, but also not bad (?) When she explained that it was the same smell as in Panama City, she didn't really want to believe it.
It took me almost another year to get a bottle. I haven't regretted it and really liked wearing it, though not very often. Unlike my prescribers (ambiguity unintentional), I don't often smell Sauvage on others. This may be because I avoid public transport, where it's only possible and also professionally not much to do with the much-scold young men and students, who allegedly all put on this smell and that which is not allowed to be named.

Ambrox, shower gel, Sauvage is almost always possible - except when it should be quite formal and classic, then I use GIT (which is also very common on my neck).

If you read this commentary very promptly, you might notice that my sauvage is just part of my souk. The reason for this is that my collection has grown exponentially in recent months, probably due to cell division of the flacons. That's why I'm separating myself from a few fragrances that I can most easily do without, even if I still find them great :-)

Thanks for reading.
8.0 8.0 1.5/10

A fragrance for Mr. Gernegroß
Every morning it's the same gauntlet run at the main station: you can't avoid the Sauva clouds of students and young working men - people, people, why do you all want to smell the same? And then you're just as hideous? (If someone from this clientele has put on something else, he usually smells like Aventus.) Sauvage smells for me not only unpleasant, but also unpleasant. An aura of meanness emanates from him. He says to me, "elbow out," "move, here I come." Much too loud, much too intrusive, too little gallantry, too little style. A person with bad manners comes to mind. Amazing what a smell can do - after all, it succeeds.
9.0 10.0 10.0 8.0/10

ScentSlave
Time has passed and the wave has gone with it
A lot of people have moved on to the Lucky One Million wagon, and/or moved on to using the EDP on the rebound purchase.... that’s why I can sneak this one in once in a while... i prefer this one over the EDP because it’s “louder”, and the sillage carries further. Both are/were played out, but that wagon has gone on to the Aventus (or it’s clones)for the masculine wagon, or the sweet (Lucky/Invictus) train. I’m gonna give it a few months, and I can sneak this bad boy out and annoy the die hards

Demetera 128 days ago
Terror in a bottle with an ambroxan bomb. Should be a great scent but its sillage is 800% of a normal scent, and can smell on every 3rd ppl.+1
4.0
Carlitos01 8 months ago
The fragrance isn't bad. It's even quite agreable. But it is highly overrated and many people are disappointed with this perfume.+4
Vilar 13 months ago
Nothing special. Move on.+2
1.0
DavidBraz 17 months ago
It has one of the biggest clouds i've ever felt. It's not a masterpiece but it smells good. Like to wear it once in a while. Bergamot+Ambrox
KLewis 18 months ago
Very popular, instantly recognisable, her ex probably had it...+1
ScentsByKK 18 months ago
Sweet, Creamy, Woody
Akunin 22 months ago
Great performance , long lasting , great silage , great all-rounder for every season and every occasion . 10/10+1
Jazzy76 22 months ago
I recently met a friend and a cloud of perfume involved me. I asked him: "What are you wearing?""Sauvage by Dior". Very good and intense.
IanFriedrich 2 years ago
It's a love/hate fragrance. I dislike it coz it's mass pleasing.
Honestly, I can say that every time I smell Sauvage, I get addicted to it.+1
harveynone 3 years ago
Gets unsolicited compliments from Uber drivers. Needs 15 minutes to settle down. Although my nose gets fatigued, people do notice my silage.+2
PMRP12 3 years ago
Like a crisp, freshly laundered white buttoned shirt; always appropriate and distinctly masculine.+4
JManDave 3 years ago
Only like Sauvage so-so, it's hardly a favorite. But every single time I wear it, it draws compliments, so I feel compelled to continue.+3
Elysium 4 years ago
Hey, what's wrong with it? A body of dark lavender surrounded by smooth bergamot, a tinge of peppercorn mix, and a soul of bittersweet amber!+2
Hermesh 4 years ago
The scent that fights wild and disoriented with spicy, citric, fresh, fruity-floral notes.+2
5.0
OPomone 4 years ago
A vision of hell:
Sauvage in autumn
1 Million in winter
Boss Bottled in spring
Allure Homme Sport in summer.
Well, I think I'm going to puke.+16
1.0

by GilAroma
by GilAroma
Für Fresh's Maskulin - Challenge :Männer und Grillen, da muss gelöscht werden (im Sinne von den Durst mit Bier löschen)
Ich mag es einfach!
by Crowzen
by Crowzen
by Demetera
by Demetera
Die 200 ml Flasche :) Super :)
by Nizarito
by Swedax94
by Toreter
by Toreter

Popular Dior / Christian Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior / Christian Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior J'adore (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior / Christian Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior Poison (Esprit de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior / Christian Dior Dune (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior / Christian Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior / Christian Dior Pure Poison by Dior / Christian Dior Sauvage (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior / Christian Dior Midnight Poison (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Homme Sport (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior