Sauvage 2015 Eau de Toilette

Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
7.6 / 102080 Ratings
Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Coco (Eau de Parfum)

Ambrox, Elemi resin, Calabrian bergamot, Patchouli, Provençal lavender, Pink pepper, Geranium, Sichuan pepper, Vetiver

7.62080 Ratings

8.21905 Ratings

7.81918 Ratings

8.02001 Ratings

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 18.05.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

The old reliable
How to turn it and he always goes, whether leisure, work, or sports. I wear him anyway mainly in spring and summer.

The fragrance itself is peppery, fresh, aquatic and slightly sweet (EdP much sweeter) but still has a tendency dark aura. For me, it works best in the evening. Performance, sillage and price are also top in my opinion!

At times this was one of my first fragrances and saves me to this day when I don't know what to wear.
Super signature scent and mainly women comment on this one and so far always positive. (Other fragrances like somehow only men at me *Ombre Nomade*)

Actually, the only thing you can reproach this fragrance, that so many have and wear it
but the other way around is just proof of how good it is. I will definitely have him longer in my collection, even if he is now not necessarily my personal favorite.
Jujumu
My "guilty pleasure" among fragrances. (And what the fragrance has to do with Mariah Carey's voice for me)
To be honest my perfume journey started with this fragrance :D

I have considered me to get this fragrance and I was advised against it, because but all the would have and I should look but times rather here and there and it fits but better this or that to me ... I followed the so easy as I am to influence XD And I have not regretted it. Since I got to know many now beautiful fragrances and now also in my showcase to stand. Well... "many" by my standards :D

Despite everything, Sauvage has not let me go.

I mean to know that I first came into contact with this fragrance in the hotel room when I moved to a new city. It was towards the end of 2015 so around the time the fragrance came out. Probably has since one sprayed around with it and the scent was always there when I came into the room (about ne week long).
That time was very lonely and scary for me, as I was leaving home for the first and last time to start over in a city, which didn't go very smoothly at first. Being in the room with this freshness brought me down incredibly and I felt very safe and clean. I could often detect it in the streets and so I was sure it must be a popular perfume. Never had the time to look into it further though and eventually it did slip my mind. A few years passed and it promptly fell into my hands. The host of a house party was wearing it and when I asked him that I had been looking for it for a long time and what it was, he was kind enough to hand me the bottle.

And yeah last week I was like, fuck all the cool people who hate this because everyone knows it. You love this fragrance and you can do it like when your parents hated Mariah Carey because they found her voice annoying XD *Rebel with Mainstream.*
It doesn't always have to be the fancy stuff that gets people riled up :P Sometimes it's just enough if they have a certain presence and quality.

I have I Him now again in the curtains sprayed to have this Feeling again.

Oh and another association I have together with the Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier: When I hold my nose close to it I think of how I jump into the water head over heels although I get in reality what quite different ... (Mostly cold water in the nose, what neatly headache causes :')) and what very pleasantly soapy have the two for me.
My conclusion: sprays you no matter what fragrance if you want, when you want and where.... :D

And the bottle with the magnet closure is great and practical!

Once upon a time
When this came out i was very surprised in a good way. This could have been “niche” instead of overwelming the world With Johny Depp his face. Great fragrance & great commercial = became less special.
If for example Dior brought this out in their private collection , this could be a groundbreaker back then. Instead they went for € and must admit ...well done.
Great scent, Great value ..but this could have been so much more !!
Walk of shame
...or else how I developed the feeling that I'd fallen into the clutches of a grandson scam artist.

Disclaimer: I am an older gentleman of advanced retirement age who has applied fragrances all his life for personal pleasure. I do not have an analytical nose and professional background knowledge, nor the urge to remain as objective as possible in reviews, as far as this seems at all possible with fragrances.

The person does not become unemployed as a pensioner. Rather, he must in addition to all actions to be performed just those before also still independently search, find and invent if necessary, without thereby for God's sake not to torpedo the strictly structured and planned routines of the younger and neater busier generations.

And because Pandemie and Lockdown react completely unsympathetic to the hourglass of my life, I have now just for the first time THE Crowdpleaser par excellence, namely the infamous Dior Sauvage Edt. acquired as a blind buy, in order to get to the bottom of the secret of its global success quite personally, whereby the depth of this lake - as should crystallize quickly - in all its simplicity would rather be counted to the non-swimmer area.

The actual foundation of the fragrance here is a very round, creamy and pleasing sweetness, which we were allowed to get to know in a similar form already with other hyped fragrances,
eg with Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Mâle or JS Sun Men .
François Demachy and his team hide but this sweet bouquet refined thorny-like in the midst of a rude hedge of tart-bitter woods and a very subtle patchouli modrigkeit (almost in the way a bartender would sink a shot of Noilly Prat Vermouth in the sweet Strawberry cocktail), which should give the fragrance not only a greater sophistication, but also make it ready for the fragrance market of the post-nineties.

That Sauvage is a wholly pleasing fragrance is not at all in the slightest doubt, and I can certainly understand why legions of young ladies obsessively rub the perfumed crumpled (and accidentally forgotten) shirts of their current sweethearts over their own faces.

My own enthusiasm, however, is a little more muted. During the evening walk, I feel caught in the paranoid thought that a random stranger coming towards me because of this already a little greasy chavvy synthetic core sweetness could tacitly accuse me of a pathological form of opportunism, which would be due not only to the notoriety of this Eau de toilettes, but also the little subtle construction.

I feel in this regard again and again small waves of shame rising in me, must nevertheless confess at this point that I would still sniff my wrist many times this evening, and feel like the victim of a grandchild trick. I know the method, understand the procedure, imagine that such a thing would never happen to me, and yet fall into the trap ......

.....although a sweet one, in which one's own grandchildren pull away an empty wallet by a rip cord as soon as one bends over for it as a grandfather.

A recommendation to pronounce is superfluous at this point, since an encounter with this fragrance for each Parfumaficionado must inevitably seem as inevitable as their own death.
And therefore I spare myself to describe the aesthetics of the flacon as only mediocre, because other and cheaper designer fragrances in this area perform far more, such a consideration would have to seem as meaningful as the aesthetic evaluation of their own grave urn.

In this sense
Memento mori
Rickert
Parroting and things that cause head shaking & wonderment
To briefly adhere to the guidelines for writing a review...

The fragrance smells fresh, clean and I personally like it very much.
It is in my opinion wearable for women, men, androgynous people,
Bigender, woman to man (FzM),gender variable. Genderqueer.
intersexual (also inter*) and diverse of all ages. As an all-rounder, not to have to say swiss pocket knife, from visiting the in-laws, poetry slam, hippster Spilunke, to going to the toilet absolutely suitable.
The durability with 8Std.+ and charisma with about 4Std. are very good for me.

He is for me like a night in which the white horse with the hooves, gallops over the flotsam wetted by the sea and I start from the smell of a ....# what a nonsense, we are not so!

What strikes me when reading many reviews and statements over and over again is that for me so perceived parroting.
Are we here actually at the Asch experiment of 1951 J. For perfume lovers / *inside?
How many times can you be hit by the ambroxin owl, and lose your incisors?
How do all the self-appointed experts even know so unerringly as Ambroxan smells?
I would highly doubt that!
The inflationary use of words like, toilet cleanser, mainstream plörre, sweet plörre, comes very close to.... very close(written for the tenth time in a row), synthetic something etc. Is moderately exhausting and does not add to individual description or variety.

It's ok for me if you think you're the absolute eloquent niche expert and think you have to explain good taste to people here.
It's okay if you prefer to be olfactorily at home in the urine and diarrhea leagues instead of nasty mainstream pottage, perfectly fine.
One notices a wrong-way driver on the highway, the other thousands, that's just how it is.
It's also ok if you're shorter and a bit stocky and have a Napoleon complex to go with it. someone doesn't like something, but this constant and obvious slobbering after.... What is this?

I like Sauvage, and I'm setting aside four more spare digs for the niche napoleon.

Kind regards?
It's cool to hate you.
What can I say, in the past three years I have tested myself through countless niche fragrances and yet I always come back to this one. I've bought and re-bought it simply because I've noticed how much fun and joy this fragrance brings me. It shows me the carefree times of my perfume journey, when you didn't worry about durability and batch variations. Just put it on and have fun, get compliments from your peers, countless! Completely no matter who else wears it or how simple it is.

So how does one rate a fragrance? Apparently, the Parfumo community does it differently than people outside the bubble. A fragrance doesn't have to be complex, expensive or individual, it just has to please. Like makes beautiful, it's that simple.

Sauvage fascinates me with its deep blue and spicy freshness in much the same way that Cool Water did when I was a kid. I remember when I always sniffed at Dad's bottle and I immediately had the steel-blue sea in my head, which at that time the advertising has always presented so picture-perfect.

Interesting and almost amusing I find the fact that this fragrance here in the community is somehow a hate object. But that's not particularly surprising, such behavior can be observed pretty much everywhere in life, such as music. What's on the charts is soulless junk for the die-hard music connoisseur. Everyone hears it, no individuality! We humans often tend to want to be something special and try to express this through music, fashion or perfume. But somehow things that are particularly well received in the so-called "mainstream" must do something particularly well in the reverse, right?
The disgusting chemical club and Ambroxan bomb, as he is often affectionately called here, has so far given me by far the best responses in my environment.

At the end of the day, a fragrance is absolutely a matter of taste and you're also allowed to not like this one, that's totally legitimate. But equally, it's okay to take a €5 drugstore scent over a Roja. No one has the right to make a judgement on that. The craft, price or quality of a fragrance has absolutely nothing to say in the first place, a fragrance is great exactly when we like it. Pleasing makes beautiful!
Superstar or superflop?
Admittedly, mainstream reps are often mine not necessarily, I've drifted more and more into the niche corner over the many years I've been passionate about fragrances. Nevertheless, there are also in the mainstream area really well made specimens, be it Boss Bottled, Davidoff Cool Water or Calvin Klein Eternity, not to mention the Rituals. So even for the thinner and even the really tight wallet, there is definitely something reasonable on offer these days. And I also always like to look around at the friendly turquoise when I just come to it, if only to stay a bit up to date on what's going on.

In the end, I got stuck on Sauvage while puttering around. First association: the douchebag - that is, the actor, not the wearer. Second thought: Heavily advertised, often seen, but never really shortlisted in detail. So times sprayed the back of the hand and joint, left the store and took the first smelling sample outside.

Prelude: Fresh. Surprisingly fresh, I had expected a much heavier fragrance, especially since yes as spicy and, analog Depp, advertised as wild. Well, Depp's Johnny gives in recent years neither with the female sex nor before many judges a particularly happy figure, it is then but unfortunately and rather the excessive handling of money and alcohol, which make the headlines.
The Sauvage, however, impresses at least times initially quite.
Something I find a pity, however, that the undoubtedly present bergamot and lavender notes are almost killed by a quite prominent and dominant admixture of ambroxan. But then, that was obviously intentional. I would find it super interesting to see or smell, respectively, how a small Ambroxdosierung would have affected the olfactory result.

After 30 minutes, the berga-lavender-ambrox blend has been joined by a spicy companion. The fragrance pyramid cites here different pepper variants, which I so in detail can not distinguish, but pepper it is certainly and gives the fresh combination an interesting twist. Because with increasing duration, at least on my skin, the pepper takes command, shoots lavender and bergamot into nowhere and delivers with the remaining ambroxan a battle for precedence.

After three hours, I can still essentially hear ambroxan and also the pepper, the freshness has turned into a fresh spiciness that no longer carries the power of the beginning, but is still clearly audible. I find the contrast that Ambroxan on the one hand and pepper on the other hand offers extremely exciting, gives the fragrance per se a somewhat cheeky, perhaps also this so advertised "wild" affinity.

After another four hours calling my bedding and having my arm next to me on the pillow, I draw in one last breath of Sauvage on my way to Caribbean dreams and pirate ships.

Seven hours later, the alarm clock brings me from the warm Depp's Caribbean back to the cold, once again slightly snowy German reality and the first thing I smell is a mini-relic from the day before. Well, as a fragrance I would want to call what is on my wrist, now no longer just, but hey, at least, the durability of the Wässerchen is already not without!

What conclusion can I draw?
For a mainstream fragrance a convincing performance. The fragrance itself, the almost brutal sillage at the beginning, but especially the durability can score. Prerequisite: One (s) is not completely averse to the yet quite synthetic ambroxan, this addition could actually be a show stopper for one or the other. The bottle is okay, the sprayer runs under the heading "does his job" and the closure is simply mass-produced. To be fair, however, should not go unmentioned that the price-performance ratio is absolutely fine.
In my view, a classic Ausgehduft, for yuppies, preppies and those who would like to be. A fragrance but also for those who, for example, Boss Bottled is "too smooth", who are looking for a new striking companion after years or even decades of use of Cool Water.
The stuff of a classic has Sauvage undoubtedly, Depp but Caribbean. The mixed Ambroxan you have to like, but a death you have to die, as we all know, always.

A test recommendation is Sauvage all the time!
The Ambroxan all-rounder
A fragrance that reminds me of my childhood on the Aegean, without being aquatic. It's a dry 40°C and I'm happily swimming on the beach with my plastic bath mat. The synthetic smell of the bath mat, which becomes even more prominent due to the heat, mixes with the salty scent of the Aegean. This is exactly what I associate with the scent.

Sauvage is an all-rounder, a Swiss army knife of fragrances, suitable for any season, any weather, as well as for any occasion. And exactly that makes it in my opinion a special fragrance, especially for men who do not want to have a large fragrance collection at home and are rather minimalist.

Even though I have positive associations with the fragrance, there is also something to complain about this fragrance. The ambroxan dominates a little too much for my taste. The fragrance is basically ambroxan with a pinch of fresh and spicy components. You should therefore definitely not be averse to ambroxan if you want to wear this fragrance.

Likewise, it can give some a slightly plastic impression due to the combination of ambroxan, resin and Szechuan pepper. This is exactly why I associated it with my plastic bath mat by the salty sea. For many, however, this scent is still pleasant.

It's not a scent that fascinates me tremendously, but it's not a bad thing either. A certain extravagance is fragrance-technically already present, however, one should consider that one belongs with this fragrance by no means to the extravagant, because he now wears almost every second. Just a fragrance that has become very successful mainly through strong marketing strategies.

The shelf life is okay. After about 4 hours only recognizable from close range. It is not a fragrance that fills entire rooms, therefore also quite pleasant and also well suited for the office.

Personally, I do not put it to me, because I only buy perfumes that fascinate me immediately and trigger a "wow effect" with me. To these Dior Sauvage, at least with me, does not belong
My starting signal
About a year ago now, I decided to buy a 60ml bottle of the Sauvage. Well, what can I say, the bottle is empty.
This is my first review of my first (real) perfume. So first hello to all Parfumo's!

Before I have not really dealt with the subject, got samples from my friend when she ordered something or wore perfume from Rituals. About detours I then came to various perfume reviews, among other YouTuber but also this forum and decided to buy a signature fragrance. The choice was not difficult, since the Dior Sauvage apparently smelled good and many liked it. No sooner said than done, as a blind buy the scent landed in the mail a few days later. I opened it full of anticipation, tested it and noticed.... This is the first step on a long journey. I liked him very much, I did not know (yet) why, but I liked him!

Today, about a year later, I can look back and smile. Maybe it was the wrong intention why I bought the perfume and for some it might have been naive to spend so much money to smell good for others. But from that comes my current love of perfume and my understanding that a fragrance is not necessarily a status symbol or there to please other people. It's for yourself! And the Sauvage has contributed significantly to that.

There! Enough with the pre-babble now, you're here to learn about the fragrance and not about me.

The fragrance itself begins with an ambroxan club, not as extreme as some others, but already clearly noticeable. The leaves with me but within 5 minutes clearly after. There is a very peppery / spicy scent, but still very fresh. It stays that way for about a good 3 hours. After that, it becomes a spicy/resinous/woody scent with a very pleasant sweetness that plays hide somewhere far back with the freshness and only comes out sometimes. In summary, a very well rounded scent that wows the masses. It does nothing wrong in my opinion, it's fresh enough to wear at 20° when barbecuing with friends without getting heavy. But even in winter, the peppery in the scent makes for good wearability. Generally, though, I wouldn't recommend the scent for very hot summer days or very cold winter days, there are better things. But anything between cool and toasty warm is perfect for the Dior. So if you live in Germany, you have green light all year round! A high on our German weather :D

With the durability there are ongoing debates in our house. I can perceive the fragrance unfortunately after a good 4 hours only skin. No matter where and how I apply it, whether neck, neck or arm. My girlfriend, on the other hand, can still smell it all over the apartment when she gets home from work and I left the apartment 3 hours before and went to work myself, with 3 spritzes mind you. She is absolutely not sensitive to smells, but still smells it on my clothes 3 days later. It's a similar story with projection. I just did a splash in the living room on the back of my hand for the review. The first thing my friend says when she comes into the room was "did you just spray yourself with perfume?", so I have to say, the sillage is great, even after a few hours.

The bottle is high quality and beautiful. The magnetic lid holds well. But is nothing special.

In conclusion, it is a fragrance that creates memories, stays in the mind and has given me the opportunity to discover the wonderful world of fragrances.

Ok ok, that's enough for now. I hope I could help further and have not bored anyone. Who has interest: The days comes a review of Versace Dylan Blue, then maybe a bit shorter :)

MirzAsim
GREAT, but not for everyone!
This fragrance will always be nostalgic to me. It was my first bottle that began my love for fragrances and to admire them as art. I bought this blindly, with hopes that I wouldn’t be disappointed.
I remember using this on a date and my lady told me “You smell amazing”.
At that moment I knew that I made a great purchase.

Regardless of the criticism, it may receive from fragrance lovers, (such as myself) I will always have a bottle in my collection.

Yes, it has a metallic opening, it's divisive, it’s a bomb, and it’s loud and heavy.

But throughout all that I’d consider this a modern masterpiece in my eyes. It’s a fragrance that excels in what it was made to be. A mass-appealing, compliment puller that is very versatile.

It lasts a long time too. I have not met a person, that did not like it. The gals love this a lot! I would recommend this is as a beginner fragrance for those who are starting their fragrance journey just like I did.

PedroCabralPedroCabral 7 days ago
Addictive and refined, but in a rebellious and sensual way (this is the image he gives me). Dior performance... incredible!
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 12 days ago
You can say what you want it just works. Everybody likes it and you do not need to refresh. Bergamotte + lavender and ambroxan
MrLawmanMrLawman 25 days ago
Perfect/easy grab/overrated/generic/trash. Delete where appropriate since there's such diversity of opinions regarding Sauvage.
Amine1989Amine1989 9 months ago
In first time i liked it but now i cant dig it its too synthetic for me , and that ambroxan is too strong . Go easy on it 2 spray max
DemeteraDemetera 2 years ago
Terror in a bottle with an ambroxan bomb. Should be a great scent but its sillage is 800% of a normal scent, and can smell on every 3rd ppl.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
The fragrance isn't bad. It's even quite agreable. But it is highly overrated and many people are disappointed with this perfume.
VilarVilar 2 years ago
Nothing special. Move on.
DavidBrazDavidBraz 3 years ago
It has one of the biggest clouds i've ever felt. It's not a masterpiece but it smells good. Like to wear it once in a while. Bergamot+Ambrox
KLewisKLewis 3 years ago
Very popular, instantly recognisable, her ex probably had it...
ScentsByKKScentsByKK 3 years ago
Sweet, Creamy, Woody

by Irini
Für Fresh 21 echt schräg : na, wer erkennt die Schnüffelnase (links), mit der ungewöhnlichen Testmethode?
by GilAroma
by GilAroma
Ich mag es einfach!
by TomDuft
Für Fresh's Maskulin - Challenge :Männer und Grillen, da muss gelöscht werden (im Sinne von den Durst mit Bier löschen)
by MrNiceGuy
by Crowzen
by Crowzen
by TksScent
by TksScent
Die 200 ml Flasche :) Super :)
by Tacmaxx
by DeVitoHH
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior