Sauvage Very Cool Spray 2017

Sauvage Very Cool Spray by Dior
Sauvage Very Cool Spray is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Grapefruit, Ambrox, Elemi resin, Calabrian bergamot, Patchouli, Provençal lavender, Pink pepper, Geranium, Sichuan pepper, Vetiver

Submitted by Michael, last update on 18.08.2020.

ScentSlave
It’s a lighter version of its older brother;
But you can definitely tell that they’re related.
Also, don’t get me wrong when I say that it’s a “lighter version”; as it still resonates with the swagger that Sauvage brings. It’s just a pinch closer to the skin than it’s EDT brother. It’s got kind of a “rounder” feeling of the edt scent drydown, and it’s much more doable as a work fragrance. (It isn’t going to make the scent sensitive people cringe, or get a headache).

I decided to give it a chance when I read a review that said it reminded the person of the classic DK leaded/unleaded scent (which is my all time favorite). After picking it up and trying it out, I can see where they make a comparison (it’s relatively close to DKU as it goes from opening into drydown), but it’s not really THAT close.

While people that are into fragrances are definitely going to KNOW that it’s a part of the Sauvage line, it is definitely more of a compatible fragrance to be used in a work environment than the rest of the line is. When it hits the drydown the projection radius and sillage trail are much shorter and less pungent than the EDT and EDP versions. I’ll say it projects to maybe a 2ft radius maximum and the sillage trail is much softer in resonance. Personally I think it’s as vibrant as the rest of the line is, but that’s a relative statement; that means if you like/love the line, it’s just as great, and if you hate it, it’s going to be as bad as it always is. It’s all up to your choice of perspectives; that is how close they are to each other.
Libre
In the end it was Flaconi's fault
The Sauvages have been following me since 2015 when EdT was launched. I tested it, thought it was terrible, and I put a check mark behind it. I had a similar experience with EdP and perfume. From the point of view of a Sauvage fan, however, the two are sensible further developments.

This year, after I had been more involved with the world of fragrances, I wanted to know again and ordered one bottling each of EdT, EdP and perfume. Firstly, I wanted to experience the three in a direct comparison and secondly, I wanted to know again whether I perhaps didn't understand the scent properly at the time. There must be something to the hype ;-)

And yes, I was increasingly able to come to terms with the three candidates and also understand why they are so successful. However, it was still not enough for me to make a purchase. In the end they were not fresh enough for me
In the course of Christmas shopping, I was standing in the perfume department of a large Müller drugstore in December 2019 and had to realize in front of the shelf that I had already "worked off" most of the candidates from my watch list. At this very moment my eyes fell on the tinny sauvage and I thought to myself, well then it's your turn, I don't know you yet.

Already the spraying on was an "experience". That can sure can shoot the shit out of something.
When I left the miller I noticed again and again a fresh, very pleasant grapefruit note rising up. No question about it, in the further course of the day the Sauvage typical Ambrox will also go crazy. With the superimposed freshness I suddenly found it quite pleasant.

That same night, I ordered it. But it only happened so fast because Flaconi had 30 % ;-)
I really had my doubts, but I have worn it more often now and am always happy about the initial freshness, but also about everything that comes after.

Conclusion: One should not expect miracles here. Where Sauvage is written on it, there is also a lot of Amrox in it. But this freshness and the great grapefruit note have made Sauvage EdT for me refined and portable and I can only advise everyone to give the can a chance.
The Sandwich Child
... so one reads more frequently, the favor of the parents must fight for itself clearly harder, than it is the case with the sibling brood.
By chance personally born into this role, I can't really confirm that. Whereby it remains to be noted that 3 photo albums full to bursting exist, felt by the older brother, whereas with the own appearance the lightning box suffered apparently a sudden tragic death. In order to take psychologically possibly existing steam from the boiler, I come with it ... ;-)

If one adapts this knowledge to one of these younger, successful product lines from Dior, one could come to the conclusion that this one, the middle one and the most beautiful ( ;-) ), has it harder to get into the focus of the broad masses
First of all, I see this as an unconditional advantage, I have noticed for myself many times before and also expressed that the older brother EdT never gave me pleasure and will probably never do so. Too pushy, too boastful, too stinging in his performance, he strikes me with a headache that causes my mind and, in my opinion, differs from this extremely friendly scent that is designed here. Self-assured he makes no secret of his synthetics, he knows about the fact how stupid it is to evaluate this per se as a negative attribute. He looks smiling over into a group of nature boys at checkout 3, where the operator is in a hurry to give the change. ;-)

Clothes make the man, but this unconditional truth has not yet reached him. While his brothers know how to dress very quietly, the middle offspring preferred to help himself on the rummage table at KIK. Although a prettier outer appearance would certainly look very good on his face, he is nevertheless able to smile this circumstance away more than skillfully. He doesn't give a damn, he knows how to be clearly superior to his superficial dazzlers of siblings in terms of content.

He's just the middle one, he's great!
My resistance is broken!

I wanted to think the smell was bad. "Another one of those synthetic chemo pads," I thought. But I was ingested by Dior Sauvage Very Cool Spray. Chemical-acidic-fresh is still not my favourite scent, but this offshoot of Dior Sauvage Eau de Toilette is really well done.

First comes the sour grapefruit with a touch of bergamot. Then a synthetic fresh note envelops you (Is this the ambrox?). This freshness lasts for a very long time. The whole thing is underlaid with a little pepper. When the fragrance calms down and the base comes out, and you have to have patience for that, a very beautiful base note appears. I find the basic composition more natural than one would expect with this kind of fragrance. The rose geranium and vetiver create a green balsamic residual scent on the skin.

I also received direct compliments from several women around me for the fact that I would smell great. Apparently, this freshness kick to men's skin is especially well received by the ladies. So you did everything right, M. Demanchy.

The design of the spray can is really well done. Looks very modern to me. But I am not twenty anymore either. The spray button behaves like the spray button of a deodorant spray. So you spray a large amount of eau de toilette with one pressure. I assume here that by using a propellant the durability of the liquid in the can is less than with a pump sprayer. Therefore a quick consumption is perhaps also desirable.

I will use Dior Sauvage Very Cool Spray on hot days. You smell clean and fresh for a long time. This showed me again that you should not be guided by your prejudices. The old adage, "the proof of the pudding is in the eating" still applies.

This does not mean that I am not still critical of the synthetic-fresh fragrance. And if in the future a cheaply made chemical club gets under my nose again, I will continue to complain about it. ;O)

StarA1StarA1 2 years ago
Extremely cool version from original Sauvage
Same Ambrox with a lot of Cirtus
It is quiet and suitable for morning and sports use
IanFriedrichIanFriedrich 3 years ago
Still prefer the original Sauvage. I guess Dior run out ideas to innovate the perfumes
GuapoGuapo 4 years ago
It should be called Very Sweet Spray.

Das sind keine Orangen, sondern Grapefruit. ;)
by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
by Tibor
by Tibor

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior