Tendre Poison (1994) Eau de Toilette

Tendre Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior
Bottle Design: Veronique Monod

Tendre Poison (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for women and was released in 1994. The scent is floral-green. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesAsafoetida, Bergamot, Galbanum, Rosewood, Tangerine
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Honey, Neroli, Orange, Rose, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.03.2019

8.0 6.0 7.0 8.5/10

Leimbacher
More tender than the police allow
"Tendre Poison" is very different from its sister poisons. The Poison family is always recognizable, loudly and uniquely, somewhat prollig but absolutely cult. Love or hate. But "Tendre Poison" is a darling, a dear girl, a sensitive green body, who probably danced out of line in such a way that he wasn't allowed to stay on the shelves of the world for long... a shame! Perhaps it should never have been marketed as Poison, rather as a completely new Dior. But even less should this green emerald have been set. Dior was rarely more wrong!

Tuberose, soft as butter. Green, soft as an elf skirt. Honey, as elegant as the wet dream of a queen bee. "Tendre Poison" is a noble evergreen that you really miss in today's ladies. Women who still have it on their shelves today and wear it have me. There's nothing to think about. Better taste can hardly be proven. Poison, it fits like a glove and you like to be sent to the afterlife by it. A little death in green and feminine. Never too sweet, never too pushy. All the other Poisons can cut off two of them, were probably always jealous. "Tendre Poison" doesn't have to scream, one look or breath is enough and you know - the woman is a keeper. Gossamer. Lady in the Streets. Sympathetic, with a big heart and always a smile on your face. With dimples and a sense of all the beautiful things in life. A blessing, still and forever. Can laugh at himself and help anyone who needs it. Even if only with her smile. Priceless today. But for any woman with taste, she was. Like a cool summer morning. Easy to enjoy, easy, uncomplicated. And yet rich and beautiful. Flowers hardly work better. Balance ensnares naturalness. Bridesmaid dream. Untouched and beautiful in every pore. Discreet and stylish.

Flacon: a green apple, chic and not toxic at all
Sillage: rather gentle. Especially compared to his sisters.
Shelf life: no complaint - 7 hours

Conclusion: the most pleasant poison of all time. Goes down like oil. "Tendre Poison" is delicate, green, lovely. A sister who truly mourns the man's loss. None for one night. It's for a life. Marriage material, no doubt about it
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

IrisNobile
geh´durch´s green longing country ........................................................................................
i wonder again - if it makes sense to write a comment on a perfume that has been taken off the market and that potential buyers can hardly get their hands on.
But what soll´s ..... I must get rid of it now!... :)

It is a perfume - of course - of older provenance - but this fact - after repeated sniffing - makes me forget the quarter of a century it has on its rounded hump, because of the truly pleasant feeling it gives.
And might as well be a green scent of today's taste.

The daily ways I go lead me and my dog now in summer again and again over lush green meadows, past wonderful gardens, through big shady city parks and through light forests.
You can literally grasp this wonderful nature, breathe it into you. When everything around you is truly in the prime of its life - or at the zenith of its beauty - -
The green summer foliage presents itself in all its shades - -
the full inflorescences of summer want to present themselves competitively vain in gardens.
During one of these walks I wore Tendre Poison.
Either nature reinforces and completes the sensation of the perfume or my "delicate poison" intensifies the perception of nature -
For I walked through a green land of longing - -

While in the beginning I am still overwhelmed by the flowers from the gardens bordering the meadow - the green of the nearby forest becomes more and more obvious - -

A gentle wind gently sweeps through the dense canopy of leaves above me, making the rays of the sun dance along the forest path .....
the green-cool air breeze floats around again and again slightly sweetish-flowery swaths -
Along the forest path, which is mainly shaded by beech trees, a small stream flows and accompanies us with its splashing on our way. Weaves a hint of aquatic freshness into the flowery green mood.

The feeling of fresh green purity in a still cool morning flower garden with its nuanced floral opulence would be an adequate interpretation of this beautiful old creation.

And it was only in this small area on the edge of the forest, through which we roamed, that I really became aware of the associations that the delicate green-floral scent carries within it.
If it is a poison, then a pleasurable one - like a good wine, for instance, from whose pleasure one can also get into this easily floating step - -

It's hard for me to tell which sex would suit him best. - For me it is despite official recommendation for the rather female species among us - a perfume to be worn unisex -, which has a reserved Sillage, but a good medium durability.

A green-determined flowery, almost distinguished clean scent with a minimal soap-fresh note, which not only attracts the flying admirers of nature .......... :))
7.5 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Drseid
Another Flechier Composition, Another Mandatory Winner...
*This is a review of the vintage original formula.

Tendre Poison goes on with a very fresh, light rosewood and effervescent citric bergamot orange before moving to its heart. As the composition enters its early heart the rosewood recedes as a dusty rose joins fresh, green freesia in support of the emerging tuberose that takes control of the composition with a dry honeyed undertone. During the late dry-down the honeyed tuberose vacates revealing the relatively dry vanilla and slightly animalic musky co-starring tandem with subtle, dry sandalwood and slightly lemony vetiver support through the finish. Projection is excellent to near outstanding and longevity excellent at over 12 hours on skin.

I am sure everyone reading this is sick of my constant praise for the great Edouard Flechier, but prepare yourself for more of it here. I must sound like a broken record when I say over and over again that this guy is the most consistently good living perfumer, but vintage Tendre Poison proves his winning streak continues. Unlike so many flankers that capitalize on prior successful masterpieces, only to prove nothing like them (and frequently are awful smelling), there is a definite link here to Flechier's masterpiece, vintage Poison. That said, the perfumer has taken the great Poison fragrance foundation and changed it, making vintage Tendre Poison more light, fresh and green than the original while maintaining all of its charms. Some, (not I), felt that vintage Poison was just too heavy and powerful for easy wear... My guess is those folks should be giving this one a sniff to see if it solves their issues with the original. No, vintage Tendre Poison doesn't wimp out and turn into Poison-lite, instead it freshens the composition through quite deft use of green freesia and a much less dense dry honeyed tuberose than one might expect. The end result is still quite potent, but a lot easier to wear daily. Even the musky dry vanilla focused late dry-down works extremely well with its hints of lemony vetiver and sandalwood peeping through from time-to-time to give it a bit of an edge. The composition from top-to-bottom is absolutely incredible smelling, and while I still prefer the original vintage Poison by a hair, vintage Tendre Poison has proved its near-equal, and that is saying something. I think it is safe to say I believe both compositions are mandatory additions to one's collection. The bottom line is the sadly discontinued vintage Tendre Poison sells for about $115 per 100ml bottle on the aftermarket and is worth every penny and then-some, earning a "near-masterpiece" rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 and an extremely strong recommendation to all. Bravo Mr. Flechier!
7.5 5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Identity theft...
Cabotine returns home staggering, with her green hat rumpled and her hip a little bloody. Maman Gres alerted and worried asks what happened.
"I don't know. It came from behind in a blur. It bashed me violently aside, and I fell hard to the ground. Next thing I remember is someone, who I'd swear was Christian Dior, with a somewhat guilty expression on his face, helping me on my feet. I think it was green..."
Maman Gres hugs her daughter and takes a couple of sniffs on her. Her expert nose traces a whiff of something which despite resembling Cabotine's smell a lot is somehow different. She picks up the phone...
After a thorough search (which started and ended in a single sniff), the Perfume Forensics Department solved the case. It was Tendre Poison, being no Tendre at all, who sideswiped poor Cabotine and threw her in a side trench. But due to her dad's friends in high places, she finally got away with it and later became a much sought-after celebrity, while poor Cabotine never fully recovered.
10.0 7.5 7.5 10.0/10

My lucky day
Today is my birthday... What do I receive in the mail? A 30ml sealed edt Tendre Poison, bought from a woman, who has had it on her shelf for 10 years and never got around to opening it! How lucky can one be?
I had this scent 15-20 years ago, when it was a new and exciting flanker of the original Poison, which I at that time did not like ( this has changed), and I loved it. I have always had a thing for fresh, acidic scents, and this suited me so well. I went through my 30 ml pretty quickly but did not have the money to purchase a Dior perfume, so I didn't - what a mistake. I was not even thinking of the possibility of it being discontinued. Had I known, I would have saved money, stopped eating for two months and bought a heap of this lovely scent.
I cannot get myself to open the sealed box. I will put it on my shelf... sorry, shelves and perhaps, on a rainy day, or when I feel totally miserable, I will open this gem and enjoy the unique smell of Tendre Poison.
7.5 10.0 10.0 7.0/10

Lush, green tuberose complexity
Unfortunately,"Tendre Poison" had been discontinued. What a pity.
"Tendre Poison" has a sharp, shrill opening with galbanum and a fancy spicy note of asafoetida. The flowers in the heart are arranged in a very artful way, the tuberose is in the centre, a light dash of freesia, a lavish accord of rose... - beautifully balanced. Admittedly, "Tendre Poison" has not as much "tenderness" about it as you might expect. But I find it a pleasure that a perfume from the 90's has so much dignified beauty and a sophisticated strength which is further emphasized in the drydown where you have a small explosion of vanilla and heliotrope, but still a feeling of "pastoral" green freshness. This mixture of lush greenness and tuberose complexity, this gorgeous mélange, gives a rich tapestry, an opulence you don't find in today's mainstream-releases.

In Your Dreams
Poison Tendre is completely graceful and elegant. This stuff was made for a Princess, not real life Princesses, but the ones you read about in fairy tales.

This mesmerizing beauty is peaceful and serene but it exhibits a commanding presence. Wearing DPT is like wearing orange flavored vanilla nougat. For me, it's light and airy but produces a cloud of sillage in the immediate space surrounding you. Hell, I damn near hear Angels singing! I barely detect the fragrance when I sniff my wrists but it envelops me and I go about my daily activities.

Prior to yesterday, I had not considered even testing this fragrance because citrus was listed among the notes. It's a shame that the citrus note has kept me depraved for so long but now I know that dreams are made of things like citrus. A sweet tangerine cruises nonchalantly on the coattails of the layer of vanilla air. This smells simply divine. If you know someone with a broken heart, tell them to wear this fragrance, it will lift their spirits for sure.

Mere mortals are not worthy to wear this fragrance in real life, only in their dreams.
2.0/10

#FAIL
After all these wonderful reviews, I was expecting something lush and exciting from Tendre Poison. Instead, all I get is a dreadful little sweet, white floral with a distinct soap & shampoo vibe. If you are a lover of the original -- and it was my signature at one time -- you might be as put-off by this precursor of Clinique Happy as I am. :p #FAIL

Sampled from vintage, elongated bottle.
27th September, 2011.
7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Lush jungle paradise
Interesting fragrance I must say.

Following in the footsteps of the original Poison, Tendre Poison is strong, outstanding, bold and definitely not something for the shy.

This fragrance is edgy, unique and strangely exquisite. Tendre Poison is like a massive jumble of woods, musk, vanilla, citrus, sweet honey and white florals, which surprisingly works.

The sillage is incredibly strong, almost enough to knock someone out with one spray, but it is because of this that I love it so.

I find something raw and oddly sexual about this scent, perhaps almost tropical and jungle-like. It has that ability to release the animalistic instincts that are hidden deep beneath our exteriors. An extremely arousing and rich fragrance which I personally recommend to the women of this world that dare to be different.

The sweetest death
Poison by Dior you ask? Why yes, it’s poison, minus the spit in your face.

Tendre Poison is an excellent daughter to her mother. Whereas Poison starts of with a dirty floral/incense/fruity-musk, Tendre in comparison starts with green/crisp/vanilla/white floral. I find this scent to connect me with fall more-so than any other scent in my wardrobe at the moment, probably because from the moment i had it in my grubby little paws my hands couldn’t keep away from it(Purchased maybe 2-3 months ago). It feels REALLY heavy on my skin, like a blanket, but the smell itself is very light, clear and multidimensional. Have you ever walked outside on s crisp fall morning 45ºF, sun rising, leaves dry and air empty, yeah that’s Tendre Poison.

It’s a shame, apparently this has been discontinued. I suppose that the women who were really liken to the original Poison didn’t take to well to this one for a few reasons

1. Not strong enough to cover up chain smoking
2. Doesn’t project twenty thousand-billion-trillion miles away from your skin
3. Not strong enough to cover up the smell of 5lbs of hair product
4. Not strong enough to cover up 5 days worth of BO and STANK
5. Pseudo oriental
While some of those reasons are a bit whimsical, you must admit that to someone you know that wears it at least ONE of them is excruciatingly true.

A great release none the less and i will continue to wear it until i cannot find it anymore. Two words to describe it, SHEER FALL!
7.5 8.0/10

Thatsmr2usir
A beauty that has faded into eternal darkness
It is sad that this has been discontinued.. A let down for all Poison fans. However the name of this fragrance is misleading. There is NOTHING really Tender about this Poison.. It comes out very strong almost harsh with it's bright boast of floral bouquet. It is like walking in the amazon seeing the rainfall in the distance, as you stumble upon a green tree you grab a branch but do not notice that hidden on the branch is a green mamba! ( snake ) It strikes @ you the moment you grab the branch. This is exactly how Tender is. Lovely, yet deceiving. It stays floral throughout it's life with wet green pastures lingering along. A see a mature woman wearing this beauty in the spring/summer days. Classy this is, & it last all day on me @ least 10+ hours & it projects very nicely. If you can find this, I say nab it before it becomes extinct! The vintage version is preferred if you can get it.

by Zora