Dior Homme (2020)Eau de Toilette

Version from 2020
Dior Homme (2020) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior

Dior Homme (2020) (Eau de Toilette) is a new perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for men and was released in 2020. The scent is woody-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pink pepper, Elemi resin
Heart Notes Heart NotesAtlas cedar, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Haitian vetiver

Submitted by Skylab, last update on 16.02.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is British actor Robert Pattinson.

9.0 5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Griebe
Was he too innovative ? DPH must be delivering more.
Why, one wonders, Dior Pour Homme was so oil-factorially back
screwed ? The corners and edges, i.e. the iris with the lipstick chord, neutered ? Because he was too special, too particular, too risky Especially with regard to the Asian market, which would prefer to be much more reserved. But it is also possible that sales figures in Europe were no longer satisfactory. And that to the "Pour Homme" of the brand.
They are the lions, the pride of a fragrant potfolio. They are said to be the most durable. When Higher or Fahrenheit (the latter is still the big seller after Sauvage) sell badly. Almost a gift. But not the Pour Homme. That's what the grandees at Dior thought. And that's why they were filed away and polished. Until this very mainstream cute lemon scent comes out. Which reminds me of some brand of perfume. I just can't figure it out. Yes, now I have it: Creeds Neroli Sauvage from 1994.
A slap in the face for fans of the previous DPH. An innovative men's fragrance will vanish from the face of the earth. A bottle that is only slightly modified is filled with a completely different fragrance. Will the concept work ? Dior has a hard time with new names anyway. We've known that since Sauvage. But the Cash Cow of 2015 has at least been given its own skincare line. The good old eau de sauvage from the 60s was not killed. Luckily...
10.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

Oops: A head twister!
Oh, what a great smell Great, pleasant, appealing, masculine, confident, confident fragrance with class and that certain something that makes women curious.
Different from the also elegant but sometimes old-fashioned predecessor.
What elemi-resin can do, tstss...
9.0 6.0 5.0 7.0/10

Leimbacher
Hello Dior Homme my old friend, I came to talk with You again..
Hardly any other perfume was felt to be reissued more often, at least under open cards, than Dior Homme (+ its Intense version). So this is the new 2020 version of the popular bestseller, my favourite, probably the most important fragrance (with A*Men) on my olfactory journey so far. And what can I say, where to start...

"Dior Homme 2020" is made for Shitstorms. And he's such a nice, friendly, neutral fellow... ;). The fragrance is no longer Dior Homme. He's far too quiet, unspectacular, pale. Where's the iris? Are you kidding me? And so on, and so on. All correct, all also largely my opinion. This can cause frustration, disappointment and lack of understanding, especially with such a popular modern classic. It's easy to cry, soon the previous versions will not be available anymore or only at moon prices. And perhaps one should really have chosen a completely new name, because the DNA is just almost without powder and the whole iris is not the same anymore, not even the same family, at most distant relatives of fifth degree. But when the first shake of the head, the shock is over - what will be left of Dior Homme for the new decade?

And here I must also say, thick and bold, that this is anything but a bad smell. I even like it solid to good. And shouldn't that be the main thing? Or do name, expectations and heritage also belong in the evaluation and impression? I guess the truth is in between. Now really about the scent, that's why we're here: "Dior Homme 2020" has become an unsweet, dusty, woody-powdery (!), discouraged and somewhat transparent office fragrance. Now really "Homme", no more make-up and roomy flowers. Maybe a little androgynous, but already harsher, rougher, more masculine. Almost closer to "Terre d'Hermes" or a "Wellnesser" than to the original formula. Unadorned and full of vetiver and pencils, relaxed and a little meaningless. Dangerous, well-adjusted, just don't cause trouble. Kind of a fellow swimmer. At least not sweet, not really fresh either. Very dry, Iso-E-tig, very variable, actually almost always wearable. A piece boring and noble at the same time. More like a suit for a suit with sports pants. An all-rounder and man of the upper class, who could hardly be better suited to the times. A good smell, a shadow of its "self" nevertheless.

Flacon: curvier and more elegant, still top notch
Sillage: discreet, nice, suitable for office use. Quick weak-breasted.
Durability: since he's so tame, it's hard to tell... 5 hours only?!

Conclusion: should have been distributed under a new name, is no longer Dior Homme, is a disappointment. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. But in and of itself, leaving aside the annoyance about it as far as possible: rock solid, good to wear, fine. But unfortunately the values and the class of his name are not represented on the usual level..
8.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
If you wipe your lipstick a little
Hello, snoopers! Today I come to a fragrance that I was particularly looking forward to testing, or rather I was very curious about this fragrance. It's about the new Dior Homme EDT, which I could finally try out. I had intended to be the first to comment on this scent here, but unfortunately some of you have already done so, but that doesn't matter, because I'm the best comment writer of all times, so you can ignore all the comments so far! Hey hey, no stop, it was just a joke! You don't think I'm that conceited and arrogant, do you?

I'm just the best bullshit talker or something DD
Anyway, I'm happy to introduce this fragrance here, especially because Dior Homme has always been one of my favourite fragrances (at least the 2011 EDT and especially the Intense). In all the years up to now there have been a number of flankers that have been more or less successful. There was DH Eau for Men, for example, which doesn't knock you out, but is still quite okay. Or the Dior Homme Cologne of 2013, which seems to have nothing to do with Dior Homme, but is incredibly soothing on extremely hot days. But there were also total disasters like the latest sports versions (from 2017 and also the Very Cool Spray from 2018)...

Well, with Dior Homme things have been a bit downhill lately, you could say now, at least as far as the flankers were concerned. But now there is no new flanker coming for a long time, but actually the new version of the popular EDT, so you can be curious and hope that this scent is also successful!

There is also a large portion of vetiver in the heart note, which makes the fragrance look both a little more earthy and a little greener. So here in the latest version, the heart note of the fragrance in particular has turned out differently. In the base, however, the fragrance regains a little more of its distinctive lipstick-like scent, even if it is still weaker than Dior Homme EDT is normally used to. While the cedar here now weakens again, the vetiver remains a little longer until the fragrance in the later base begins to smell a little more sweet and powdery again.
All in all, Dior Homme is still Dior Homme, but it has been slightly modified, which now looks a bit more relaxed, maybe even slightly diluted. It still smells good, but I find the 2011 EDT much, much nicer and more distinctive.

The silage and the durability:*
The Sillage has become noticeably weaker. Of course the scent is not close to the body now and the 2011 EDT was not a very strong scent either, but I just have the feeling that the aura of this scent is so weak that you will only smell it from close up with others. I found the durability okay, but not outstanding. After five to six hours it was only quite weakly present on the skin.

I would normally recommend this scent for going out, but it seems to me that it is a little too weak in the Sillage, so that you should spray it more on your clothes to get more of the scent.

I would definitely recommend a test, but I think that some Dior Homme fans might be too disappointed. I myself will always try to get the 2011 version if my bottle runs out, but if necessary, I might use this one if there's no other way, because I'll say it again: this fragrance is not really bad.

Anyway, I expected a little bit more, but fortunately I am not completely disappointed either. Yes, on the whole the scent is quite useful and beautiful. And that was already my opinion :)
Let's see if there will be a new scent from the Intense, whereas I consider the current DH Intense to be absolutely perfect and I hope that it will not be changed so much if a new scent of it should actually appear!

Well, thanks for reading! :) I wish you all a very pleasant evening, and I'll see you next time!
8.0 9.0 8.5/10

JamesBlond
If one detail ruins your reputation...
I'd like to finally jump in the crossfire for the Dior Homme.
But first of all I agree with Allen here, he does not deserve his name! Whoever thought they should join the Dior Hommies should be fired. And that's it with the minus points and you shouldn't blame the fragrance itself.
You get an incredibly insignificant spicy woody men's scent. The vetiver is less pushed into the foreground here and contrary to the current trend, it doesn't smell as shaky Then why shouldn't Bruno Banani fragrance or any other drugstore name be on the bottle?
It is his incredibly long lasting Sillage. My colleague had applied it a week ago, I myself had Menoir man on it, he had no chance A little later in the course of the day our paths separated more often in the hospital and really no matter where I walked, it smelled of patchouli woody notes, up the corridor, back again, in the elevator, no matter where I was, it was almost always to sniff. He just put my Amouage in his pocket. When asked what he is wearing today (I know his favorites and none of them had this performance) he said some Dior Homme. Since I have already smelled up to the Intense Parfum I wanted to make him white that it should probably be more eu Sauvage, at least his ingredients read as his fragrance smells, but I should remain in the wrong. The next day he slapped the Empty Rehearsal on my table. Dior Homme...
I sprayed the little black bottle on my hand and except for a few sneezes nothing came out, what a duck...holy...there it was again. It really doesn't smell very exciting, but this little fart from the rest of the sample tickled my nose all day long.

We all have days when it's just inappropriate to pound on the poop, but for these days I wish I could smell like this in the future. The Dior is right at the top of my wish list and I can recommend it to everyone, go to the nearest store, a splash on the back of your hand and out again. He deserves to be a Dior and is worth his money.
Remember when your mother laid out your clothes, the stupid sweater might have caused laughter in the yard break, but haven't we learned to look at the inner values?
8.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

Darkbeat
A perfume that does not deserve its name
I just tried it this morning in perfumery, and it does not smell bad, but that they continue to maintain the name of a perfume, which in its day was groundbreaking ... as of course not, because the clueless user who is going to buy a bottle thinking that he buys " Dior Homme "is going to take the fraud of the century.

Dior Homme is to Iso E Super what Sauvage to Ambroxan. Now, both share exoskeleton, but with different coating. I explain myself, both are aromas propped up on a lasting synthetic base, adorned with some more natural notes, but so faint and ephemeral that they only add nuances to the general aroma, being the fundamental pillar of aroma, the fusion of these synthetic molecules. A formula that Dior has been quite profitable with Sauvage and wants to repeat with his iconic Dior Homme.

I found the aroma very pleasant, although quite simple. The beginning of bergamot and elemí, is beautiful, with a slightly spicy orange tone, quite gentle and of generalist taste. But, from this beginning, the Iso E Super and the musks claim the aroma as theirs, showing us the notes of cedar, patchouli and vetiver in a very light way, nothing sharp or striking, everything is very steamy, and at this point of perfume, very close to the skin. This drying has made me much more mature and masculine, than that of its predecessor, but I keep the original perfume, without thinking twice.

The performance is good, it holds up well on skin, but almost from the beginning with a fairly moderate wake, in fact, I have been very close to the skin in a very short time.

Daytime perfume, and quite versatile, can be used at any time of the year without problems.

I think it is a perfume that I would not recommend to users with experience in this world, but for ordinary people, it is something that surely does not disappoint, because I think it is made for that, to taste as much as possible and be sold as donuts. And if you want to know my personal opinion, for me, they have stained the name of a mythical perfume.
9.0 6.0 6.0 6.0/10

Again a comment
So there he is. Dior Homme 2020 and my humble opinion about this new Dior. Can you still? Hardly a day without comments on this new publication, which were written sometimes positive, sometimes negative, sometimes polemic, sometimes factual, sometimes after 3 hours, sometimes after a whole day of carrying. Who knows, before I'm done, there will be a new comment on that and I'm again just the one who's annoying with the next one.

But then it's like this.
You can already see my evaluation above and yes he was measured, he was weighed and he was found not to be good.
Whereby good is not quite right. I would rather call the smell frighteningly trivial. It doesn't stink, it's not really bad either, but it's just nothing special.
Nevertheless, I am writing a comment because I have a special relationship with Dior Homme. More specifically, the Intense.
When I smelled this one for the first time, about 2007 and at that time still wearing Joop Go, Boss Bottled and the like, so I didn't think so much about perfume, it hit my nose like a bomb. It completely changed everything about my understanding of fragrance and was by far the best I have ever smelled until then And he failed completely the first time he wore it. I had a sample that I sprayed on my mother's birthday. My girlfriend at the time, my sister-in-law and also my mother did not like it at all and found it too unmanly. Well, there I stood and had no understanding for the ladies. The sample was put in the drawer and a few years later I showed the fragrance to my current girlfriend and she was thrilled. A bottle was pulled in and after a while the kids already said it smelled like André when they noticed the scent. So the Intense became, is and remains my signature and this is exactly what I understand by a signature fragrance.
The perfume of the series could not convince us, the Edt, which is now called Original, was always a matter of debate, because it is beautiful, but was too similar to me. I prefer the fresher variation Eau for men. This one is more suitable for office use, more suitable for everyday use and also really good.
Eau for Men was the logical consequence of a fresher version of the Homme series. Iris-heavy, but with higher fruit content and cedar wood.
Well and now version 2020.
I go along with all those who say that one should have simply chosen a different name, because this flanker has as much to do with the actual row, the centre of the iris, as I do with space travel and I can imagine that many people who don't know their way around will make a mistake if they reach for Homme soon and still mean the other one But I also wanted to approach this fragrance with an open mind and the first comments here told me that it has nothing in common with its predecessors, but that it is not that bad.

So it was quite exciting to test this scent then. Some wrote he has similarities with Terre de Hermes and fortunately I didn't see any, because I can't stand TdH. Nor do I see any connection to Bleu de Chanel. I still like it, wear it often and don't recognize it here. So also no shower fragrance in the classical sense.
I would have spontaneously said that ginger is hiding somewhere, but some pungency could also come from pepper. Then I really only smell cedar wood and musk. A touch of vetiver in the base and then what that. Frisch Holzig fits exactly according to the description, but so discreetly that I had to make an effort to perceive him.
Sillage is hardly there, so I usually smelled the scent only when I brought my palm to my nose, because that's where I sprayed it on.
The whole thing is too easy, too discreet and just too trivial for me personally, even if the fragrance is independent, not a twin of anything, it still reminds me of something, I just can't say what
The durability is also mediocre, with a lot of goodwill it was there for 6h somehow. Not enough for me!
Many wrote that he would find his fans and sell himself. Well, somehow every fragrance does that and since it is not offensive and not polarized, the trained staff will bring it to the market. My Holde also found it quite good, so that for those who think it is important to be well received by the female sex, there will be one more reason to wear it.
But I do not see this one as a real winner. After Dior Homme Intense, Dior Homme Eau for Men, for me this is more Dior Homme Belang de los.
Pity I would have liked to report more positive things, but this is only about my nose. All those who find this fragrance great, may it be from the heart and there have been much worse news recently. With me it's just not enough and I'm not a niche snob who always expects something innovative. Solid scents are nice scents and I have had enough of them under my nose.

If I want a fresher Dior Homme, I stick with the Eau for Men.
8.0 7.0 7.0 5.0/10

There's an end of it!
No, it's not bad A bit of 'Terre d'Hermès' (Pink Pepper/Iso-E Super/Cedar/Vetiver), some fougère borrowings from 'Bleu de Chanel', some 'Eau Sauvage Parfum' (Bergamot and Elemi), a hint of fluffy musk, and the supposed new mega-seller is ready.
Creativity is different, also in terms of naming and flacon design, but so what - without cash cow the best perfume house doesn't stay alive.
The original 'Dior Homme' was then already carved from a different wood: a bold, innovative fragrance in a simple bottle that matched the Homme couture of the time by Hedi Slimane. Everywhere the fragrance was praised and Luca Turin even awarded it 5-star consecrations, but the sales figures were only moderately successful.

Many years earlier Chanel had met a similar fate: the initially celebrated 'egoists' became such a financial flop that from now on one played it safe and met the inclined consumers only with something halfway familiar.
A corresponding motto is now also followed by Dior.
The idiosyncratic and courageous 'Dior Homme' was followed by the thoroughly calculated, ranschmeißerische 'Sauvage', and now the no less calculated, streamlined, and thus worldwide mass marketable new 'Dior Homme'.
But why on earth does this fragrance, so completely trimmed down to mediocrity, bear the name of its anything but average predecessor? Does Dior want to wipe out a supposed embrasure? Are we even ashamed of the former extravagance?

Even the name 'Sauvage' was a rather infamous camouflage, as the fragrance had nothing to do with the in-house Roudnitska classic of the same name. After all, 'Eau Sauvage' had already been around for a few decades, while the original 'Dior Homme' only counts a few Lenze. But the house of Dior seems to tend to the fast pace of life anyway: the speed at which new fragrances are launched, and others are discontinued at the same time, is becoming increasingly dizzying. With the increasing breathlessness, however, the level of the fragrances is unfortunately also becoming increasingly bottomless: so the only exclusive thing about the so-called 'Privée' series is basically only the price. While the fragrances were initially sophisticated and unusual, they are now only trivial.
The whole house of Dior is, at least as far as its own fragrances are concerned, currently in pretty much a decline. The new 'Dior Homme' is a good example: everything about this fragrance is 'safe', everything. It's as safe as a Nivea shower gel
But, as I said, to keep a traditional house like Dior alive, you probably need such mass-produced fragrances - let others burn their fingers for a change! This also opens up space for creativity and innovation again. Chanel, Hermès, Guerlain, Cartier, Armani and others are showing off: Mass market here, an exclusive niche there.
But what I really wish for, dear people of Dior: keep your hands off the old fragrances! Create the most banal of all banal fragrances, but find new names and bottles for them. And don't link them to the great deeds of the past, which you are only discrediting with them.

Stop it, please!
8.0 5.0 8.0 7.5/10

KimJong
Wasn't the value of Dior perfumes popularity, not innovation?
Dior Homme 2020 is a good perfume if you only evaluate the scent without considering price, name and historical context. It seems to be more blamed because of the brutal reform of Dior Homme EDT. Perhaps it was praised if its name was Farenheit Blue.

Today's experiments with the Iso E Super are no longer new. Even Jimmy Choo, Coach, Ferragamo and other relatively inexpensive brands have already launched perfumes with many Iso E Super. Of course, Lalique left some very impressive pieces. But now, because chemicals like Iso E Super and Iso Gamma are so cheap and common, most perfumes are becoming similar. In 2020, what can Dior Homme claim its only own value?

Anyway, as I wrote earlier, Dior Homme 2020 is still good, unless we expect too much innovation. In fact, even Dior Homme EDT, was so good, but not objectively innovative. EDT made me open my wallet, but it wasn't because of its innovation or originality. It was because other people liked the scent. If so, is 2020 something that others like? Yes, sure. So is 2020 the best choice? No, there are a lot of other alternatives. So will 2020 be ashamed of Dior's name? No, it IS Dior originally.
8.0 4.0 4.0 7.5/10

The new one from Dior
First of all, I find Dior's marketing strategy rather misleading as regards the naming of the new fragrance. But getting upset about it is probably a waste of time, which is why I want to leave it at that. The name will not change anyway.
Whether the new fragrance is mainstream and should therefore be bad, just because it is supposed to please many people, is something that everyone has to decide for themselves. I personally have to like a fragrance and I don't care if it is extraordinary and rare or if it is worn by the masses. I got a sample at the last visit to "D."
Now to the fragrance itself:
Shortly after spraying it on my skin I surprisingly smell almost nothing at first...and then slowly something comes up that reminds me of Bleu de Chanel. Sparkling orange or probably the bergamot. This smell will be with me until the drydown. Gradually something soapy and woody notes are added. In any case it remains dry and fresh as freshly showered. At this stage the fragrance then stands for a while. When it gets weaker and goes into the base I find it a little sweetish even a little cinnamony, but still woody. Somehow I find the Drydown a bit oldschool or no idea what else to call it. I simply have the feeling that I smelled the scent before I was a child Shelf life is about 5 to 6 hours with all the trimmings. After that, he's just gone.
Sillage is pretty weak with me. Initially about arm's length, after 2 to 3 hours only very close.
I am a little disappointed with durability and sillage. Other eau de toilettes can do more I actually find the scent itself quite good and pleasant, even quite pleasant. But he just comes very very reserved and weak with me and that is a big minus point for me.
Short summary:
Yes, I like it, yes many others will probably like it too, no I probably won't buy it because it won't last long enough for me
And all the time I have the feeling that this smell has been there before...

(That was my first comment here. So please be merciful with me...)
9.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Bleu d'ior
This fragrance resembles a missing piece of the puzzle. It could have originated from the calculation that Dior had not had a discreet evergreen with high volatility and little obnoxiousness in its (standard) portfolio to date. Unlike other houses. One thinks for example of Chanel's Bleu de Chanel or Allure Homme (Sport), Prada L'Homme, Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme. Already at the naming one notices: a "genuine" (L')Homme was missing. Or some Bleu'des. Such a fragrance that sells very well, basking in the glow of the brand name and at the same time being simply pleasing. You can say what you like about Bleu de Chanel: But he can do all that
With Dior, up to now the real, original Hommes were in the foreground. Fragrances that would somehow be wearable every day, but are actually already a little too powerful to pass as discreet. And of course Dior Sauvage - the classic opposite of Introversion. As already mentioned: many other houses had the missing piece of the puzzle in their standard portfolio long ago. So now also Dior.

A slight resemblance to the Bleu de Chanel DNA actually suggests itself to me, with the certain - perhaps the word is exaggerated - innovation of shifting the citric, slightly sweet freshness a few octaves in the direction of "traditional fragrance masculinity" without experimenting or deliberately teasing. A woody, (with a lot of imagination) slightly earthy substructure achieves this. This does not make the fragrance dark, but a bit harsher in comparison. I had associations with vetiver and cedar, at least for a short time. Whether from the test tube or from nature. All components are interwoven, stirred, blurred, so that in the end a rather linear, uncomplex scent emerges. Okay, it's not illegal. But art is never that.

Is that an innovative scent now? In my opinion rather no, but the result of a calculation (see above). But that doesn't make the smell worse per se. My first impression: the Sillage is in a setting that predisposes this fragrance for contact professions. Or for leisure. The durability is okay, a few hours are in it, on the clothes also half a day (of course very close). The fragrance itself is smooth, on (artificial?) wood embedded freshness.

Not really important, but I was surprised at the first trial today: My three immediate colleagues all responded to the scent, which has only happened once before (Reflection Man, of course). "Have you got a new scent?" Now I could make up a great story, but the reality was the following: The scent seems to be noticeable and can be easily distinguished from other scents. But: All three found it nice and wearable, but still a bit boring. Two of them thought that the L'Homme from YSL was "much better" (which I myself agree with). Conclusion: You certainly don't do anything wrong with this fragrance. He could really close the gap in the Dior house and put even more money in the coffers. And most buyers will be satisfied. I'm satisfied too, but not euphoric.

One more word about the name: catastrophic. To degrade a success story to the original in order to get the coveted "homme", which indicates to the buyer that this is THE central fragrance (for men) of a brand ... Oh, let's not talk about it any more ...
7.0 6.0 7.0 8.5/10

Dior Iso E-Homme
Honestly dear perfume community, what is your problem? If Dior had retained the old DNA and simply modified it, people would probably be upset about a lack of innovation. Now the perfumer has thrown the old concept overboard and created something completely new, yet the screaming and disappointment is apparently great, at least in the die-hard community. Actually no reason to worry, after all your old Dior Homme line is still in stock.

Here, as with Sauvage, a fragrance has been created that can be worn all year round, interpreting a classic fragrance DNA in a new and modern way, so that it can be worn by young and old alike. For me, this fragrance definitely has an old gentleman's touch, but I love it when fragrances that are getting on in years are interpreted in a modern way and thus become more wearable again. Dior has definitely succeeded in this and this aspect should be emphasized and appreciated a little. I can imagine this fragrance on a 40 year old in a suit, but also on a 25 year old city guy who makes his money as a blogger and always wears the hippest clothes
As far as olfactory DNA is concerned, I do not fully understand this criticism. The fragrance is reserved, a bit fresh in the opening by the bergamot and woody in its entire course, I can't recognize or describe much more. I can still understand that some people find it boring, but it definitely stands out from the cute designer mainstream. Parallels to Molecule 01 are definitely present here, only that Dior Homme almost overrides the raison d'être of the old insider tip. Because I was bored of him!
I'm sure that the current ratings are more the result of defiance and disappointment with the beloved Dior Homme line, rather than because the fragrance is so bad. Give it a few more years and it will probably be as gehpyed as Sauvage. Dior fragrances are usually a little ahead of their time and, just like Chanel, not too seldom create trends that the industry then follows for a long time.

And please always keep in mind, we are talking about a designer release, which is aimed at the mainstream. No niche!

For me a solid release from Dior, I will definitely wear it often in springtime!
8.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

Diors Spa Fragrance
I'm actually quite fond of Dior. My favourites of the house are Sauvage Cool Spary and Dior Homme Intense! I did not know the Dior Homme EdT despite my many tested scents until now... But this one is supposed to be a completely different one anyway, so there is no need to compare them here.

I am a big fan of ISO-E super fragrances, I can always perceive them very well. It doesn't always have to be sweet, which one this one isn't!

The smell:
Hardly sprayed on, I mean strangely enough to perceive a light iris for about 5 seconds. But this is completely gone and you get a sour/juicy bergamot paired with a pleasant peppery note, which is well known from sauvage. Bright wood also plays directly into the music and for me it creates a beautiful ISO-E super note. This smells very fresh, memories of a spa come back to me. Hot stones in the sauna and citrus steam, very pleasant! For the first 15 minutes the fragrance seems a bit old-fashioned but then it turns and it smells modern and wearable at all times. From then on, the scent does not change any further, which I find to be a good thing, though.

Shelf life/silage:
Unfortunately, this one is not so good with me. Only the first few minutes it radiates quite strongly, but then it becomes very close to the skin, probably just right for the office, but for me unfortunately a bit too weak, you have to spray more often. On my arm I perceive him approx. 4-5 hours still well, then he has almost completely disappeared or only to guess
Flacon:
Very chic bottle, handy in the 50 ml version, the 100 ml I had not yet in my hand. Makes a great addition to the shelf, simple & chic, goes great with the fragrance. Also the sprayer is good, much better than with the Sauvage perfume, which was a horror for me!

Yesterday I was a little sceptical because of the initial old-fashioned touch, today I see the fragrance a little different, I think I will be able to wear it from time to time at work or in my free time, the bottle stays with me for now, let's see how it looks like in everyday life :) The fragrance will definitely be a success, even if it should have been given a different name, because it might irritate a lot of people and they will compare it with the original EdT, whereas it is supposed to be an independent fragrance...
8.0 5.0 8.0 5.5/10

Maxi3000
The spirit of the age wants it that way
First of all, an important info first: I celebrated my 30th birthday last summer.
Is therefore relevant, as the following comment probably gives the impression that I am at least twice as old. Or triple. I just wanted to get rid of it again quickly.

And now straight to the outing: Yes, I'm one of those crybabies who feel pissed off by Dior, now that the French are completely gutting one of their modern milestones in men's perfumery and launching it on the market as a virtually completely new fragrance. The fact that the original version still exists, at least for the time being, as the "Dior Homme Original" and that the Intense and Perfume versions of the fragrance seem to remain untouched suggests that the decision may have been controversial even within the company. I think that the latter two versions (EdP and Parfum) will also be redesigned sooner or later - a line in which eau de toilette and eau de parfum do not match at all will be difficult to market in the long run. Seems to be a complete mess in some perfumeries in view of Dior's business policy already now.

The original "Dior Homme" is a perfume grand deed that I still love very much: noble, opulent, a little dandyish, and through the legendary powdery "lipstick accord" worn by Iris always a statement, maybe even a little provocation: against rigid definitions of what masculinity has to look (and smell), against mediocrity. Here no bashful game of hide-and-seek was played with shower gel, deodorant or shaving foam associations - here a man clearly professed to be "perfumed". To this day I find the concept incredibly cool and progressive.

If the new "Homme" had been released under a completely new name, I wouldn't have lost many words about the fragrance. But even so, the summary of my fragrance impression is quite brief: citric-peppery upbeat, a few sparingly masculine-woody notes in the heart, surrounded by some Iso E Super and Veitver, quite good durability, very quickly flattening Sillage.

Not badly done, not for running away, but much worse: trivial. Inconspicuous. Just not worth mentioning.

It has always annoyed me a little how such a boredom is then talked up as "ever-walker", "crowdpleaser" or "versatile" (worse expression). (Or especially bad: "office scent" - as if one always had to be slippery as an eel in the office and also underline the streamlined devotee olfactorically)
This should not be against this kind of fragrances, which have their right to exist. But: if I want to have such a perfume, I choose something in the drugstore or put a twenty for a Jil Sander or Joop on the table. For the price that a premium manufacturer like Dior calls up - 100ml of "Dior Homme" can be bought on the Dior website for 96 Euros - I find the bid simply outrageous. No more crowdpleaser or perpetrator. (Monsieur Demachy hits the mark involuntarily when he whitewashes this bland banality as "open, absolute simplicity")

But what am I talking about - to most people it seems to be either not important or even convenient anyway. Every perfume is also a child of its time. The fact that Dior creations such as "Fahrenheit" or the original "Dior Homme" became box office hits despite all their extravagance is also due to the spirit of the times. "Dior Homme 2020" fits very well into a time in which everyone wants/must "perform" their life, but yes, please within the given framework. Don't get out of line too much. If you walk through the shopping miles of the big cities, you will see super-individual people who look like each other like eggs. Branded clothes are important, but please do not wear unconventional or unusual clothes. Inconspicuous sweatshirts, basic T-shirts, pants in a jogging look, all silky-sitting and cut without a whistle, but as long as one of the brand logos from Calvin Klein to Gucci is on it.

So no more metro fumbling and all that newfangled existentialism! The 2020 remake of "Dior Homme" skilfully captures the current zeitgeist, which is once again with more conventional political and social connotations, and will therefore sell very well. Smells okay, doesn't attract attention, is from Dior - Safe, Bro.
Now you can find this stupid (like me), but it has to be noted like this.

As a music lover, I remember a documentary about Hi-NRG that I recently saw on TV - that synth-driven dance sound that rose from the ruins of the irrelevant disco music in the 80s and disappeared again at the end of the decade of the same name: suddenly all acid and house and the old epigones no longer understood the new language of clubs and discos.
Peter Watermann (from Stock Aitken Watermann), who contributed to the commercial sell-out of the Hi-NRG with his assembly line productions, was a bit perplexed in an interview about the new sound at that time: "They only have one beat - no more songs, no more good melodies! But they meet in tens of thousands in a meadow and have a lot of fun. They do it right - and I'm wrong."

And I'm probably wrong too. The spirit of the age wants it that way.
10.0 3.0 3.5/10

Sauve qui peut!
The new Dior Homme EdT is a catastrophe; 1. because there is no iris in it anymore and 2. because it has a dim, faint scent.

To speak of gutting the oldest Dior Homme is not possible. Even an understatement has its limits. The scent is barely noticeable after spraying on. I sprayed twice on a strip of paper and had to stop to notice something.

That which is perceptible I would call a weak shadowy veil. Only of what? Iris, as I said, is not. Amber comes to mind. The overall view of the components in the interaction has a slightly spicy, aromatic effect on me.

The old fragrance, the original is not recognizable in the 2020 version. After Dior has already polished the 2012 version to the point of characterlessness with the Sport version 2017, the EdT version is now taking over. I would classify the 2020 version as an ultra-light summer scent. The scruples at Dior have probably been enough to keep the old version as the "original" in the range. You got lucky again!

The Dior Sauvage EdP has already been heavily relieved. But it has retained its quality. She can be said to have transformed a winter scent into a spring and summer one. The Dior Homme EdT has now undergone homeopathic treatment. Fragrance DNA is only present in dilutions of several powers of ten.

I'm already worried about the Fahrenheit EdT! An evil spirit has been haunting the Dior house lately.
8.0 8.0 7.0/10

Bsg1983
When the wrong profession gets the right jobs
The conditions for the spontaneous purchase of the new Dior were extremely good today. Actually. I had a free afternoon. And I had to do one of the most boring tasks in human history. Have passport photos taken. The mall. So if you have to plunge into the Saturday bustle anyway, you can also honour the big perfumery chain with the great turquoise D (unfortunately the D is not "silent" here, which would be extremely funny).

But enough of the silliness. Dior Homme 2020: Following Dior's ingenious marketing strategy of giving the "new" the name of a beloved classic and degrading the "old" to Homme Original, Dior Homme 2020 is a hot contender for the hate object of the 'numero uno' community. At least if you look at the ratings in the English-speaking world. There D-A-CH is still very objective and gracious in the evaluation.
And how does it smell? According to my really unimportant impression it smells like a nice mixture of Bleu de Chanel and Terre des Hermes. I noticed a trace of the original at least in the top note. So, lead in the sense of "get the boys from CSI." All this, by the way, very dimmed. Yes, it smells really nice. And I would certainly wear it if I were once again spinning like a humming top in front of the alternatives and couldn't decide, because their character should already fit the occasion. But this is exactly my problem with DH2020. I lack character. You smell like a melange of all the perfumes that professional-looking people wear in suits - behind desks in front of large windows. He's not a creep. Zero comms zero. It smells like something that's supposed to help sell a product. Car manufacturers are well aware of this. Or also shops that present their goods solo and without price. Whoever may be angry can draw further conclusions here. I just pushed that
I would then like to turn to the heading. The wrong profession here were the guys from the business department, who apparently got the job of perfumer at Dior. DH2020 will sell as well as the latest cinema blockbusters that carefully work through all the important points of a meticulously researched checklist. Sure, it smells nice. For me, however, it did not trigger a have-will reflex. Maybe he won't with anyone. And why will it sell? Because like I said, he doesn't rub off on us. It is mainly bought by those who want something like this for work, which is okay. And those who just want a Dior. Maybe there are still those who just think it's cool. I'm not one of them.
10.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

New staffing at the Dior fragrance house . Unveiling of the successor
It was the year 2020, and the Dior fragrance house is about to undergo a major change, as the Homme family will slowly but surely have to hand over their throne to their brother sauvage...
however, Mr. Homme senior still had an ace up his sleeve, his son Homme the 2nd was trained in the background of the fragrance house, he was in the in-house perfumer Elite Station of the master personally trained, adapted and refined.
Yes, it is a different wind in the Dior house, but traditions should be preserved.

So we also have here a traditional men's fragrance but contrary to his father is nothing powdery, but rather fresh, slightly spicy and woody.
I have it now even 3h on the skin and the smell is well perceptible.
Smell absolutely independent, but he has this slightly nostalgic and classic .
Of course if you want to put a new bestseller on the legs, then you have to look a little bit at the in-house competition.
Sauvage, yes, I personally perceive there as well as with nem USA Reviewer this sauvage kind easily thus minimally. But here in a woody and spicy way while with sauvage it is ambroxan.
To mention the whole above to the story times, the two wear at the performance the same suit in the same color.
But both have their own figure, their own face and their own character.

Dear Dufthaus Dior, in my eyes you have created a very great and definitely all-year perfect successor. Totally awesome!
But please let the gentlemen do their business in the background.
they made the Homme legendary and the new one is different. Stop again turnaround at Porsche between air and water-cooled engines !
6.0 4.0 5.0 5.0/10

When the Godfather is suddenly played by Robert Pattinson
Unfortunately the iris had to leave the dance floor ...but instead vetiver and cedar are dancing around listlessly accompanied by the bored bergamot.
I would describe the new Homme as quite "German" :
It works well, but without much passion !
Unfortunately not by far as strong as the name under which it is sold...
Disappointment is inevitable.
Please let at least DH Intense age in peace !
10.0 6.0 5.0 7.0/10

Boring, light summer scent for 0815
The new Dior Homme 2020 is a very light woody- citrusy fresh summer scent, which is rather boring and unspectacular.
For me unfortunately a big disappointment, because I find the smell quite 0815. Without courage, without a new, special idea, and without the special.
This fragrance could very well replace Dior Homme Sport, but not Dior Homme.
I could also bet that the scent reminds me of another well-known scent. Could be one of Chanel's.
For the general public, certainly a solid and beautiful fragrance. It's not meaningful to me
8.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

ScentSlave
I absolutely LOVE this scent...
... but those that love Dior Homme for the Iris note are going to be disappointed... absolutely no Iris, and it’s quite a different vibe.

The opening has a brightness to it... I can’t decipher the exact note, but it leaves an “elegant” feeling floating in the air. The mid tones have a Woody feel that is very similar to the woods in the Sauvage Parfum, and then as the base notes emerge the fragrance sweetens up a bit and shines with confidence.

The projection and sillage are rather intense; so don’t go too crazy on the sprayer. It projects out to a 3+ foot radius, and the sillage trail is rather persistent. Longevity shines as well, as it easily lasts 8+ hours on my skin.

Again, many will not like that there was a change to the flavor, but I absolutely love this one.

DPArtist 7 days ago
Not a huge fan of the original but this is an even less interesting iteration. Pleasant but dull. Dior Homme Sport 2008 is their masterpiece+1
6.0
Carlitos01 13 days ago
The former king passed away. Until we have a new king we have to put up with this regent or maybe face a new Dior dinasty. Forgettable....+3
Meursault 13 days ago
Boring and generic. Fresh bergamote, with vetiver, musk and cashmeran. It has something sweet too, I don't know what it is. Smells cheap.
9.0
5.0
5.0
3.5
K84 25 days ago
To me it's crime that this kind of scent carries the Dior Homme name. Don't waste your time and money, very very bad scent....+1
ScentedGent 31 days ago
Another basic, boring, fresh fragrance that has nothing in common with its predecessor. For people that want one frag for everything. SAD!
6.0
4.0

by Mikeaveli
by Mikeaveli
by Sirchelios
by Sirchelios

Popular Dior / Christian Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior / Christian Dior Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior J'adore (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior / Christian Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior Poison (Esprit de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior / Christian Dior Dune (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior / Christian Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior / Christian Dior Pure Poison by Dior / Christian Dior Sauvage (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior / Christian Dior Midnight Poison (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior