Dior Homme 2020Eau de Toilette

Version from 2020
Dior Homme (2020) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Dior Homme (2020) (Eau de Toilette) is a new perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2020. The scent is woody-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pink pepper, Elemi resin
Heart Notes Heart NotesAtlas cedar, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Haitian vetiver

Submitted by Skylab, last update on 24.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is British actor Robert Pattinson.

The ghost train/double agent
This fragrance is a bit like a myth. You know that parts of it are true and yet no one can really figure it out.
Anyone can say anything about it. But nobody really knows what to do with it. Big novel or little dime novel? Keep on researching or check off ?

I decided to keep at it. I didn't want to believe that they'd created a fragrance that Sauvage would compete with I didn't want to believe that this scent was a loser According to some perfume sites Iso-E Super is said to be contained. According to my humble expertise, that would be a decisive factor. Namely, that Iso-E Super is a fragrance molecule about which one can read a lot, but real experience reports are sometimes missing. What does this stuff do in a perfume? What does it do to the perfume? How does it affect the environment? Fellow men?

So Dior Homme is one of these Iso-E Super Candidates, even though this ingredient is not (no longer) listed in the fragrance pyramid.
I have already experimented with the mentioned scent molecule in sprayable form. Iso applied and then on the spots the perfume of my choice. This procedure was especially helpful with woody perfumes, also with fresh, peppy, citric top notes. For one thing, the thing disappears right under my nose, connects to my skin chemistry and also connects to my perfume. The effect is very manifold.
From H-bomb to silk veil. It was a lot of stuff. Maybe I'll write a separate blog entry about it
So now Dior Homme.
On closer inspection, the new Dior Homme is not so much to begin with. Woody and spicy. Sounds really boring at first too. Somehow I even thought of a different fragrance for a short time, but without this level of perfume. But fortunately it's not.
When applied, it has a slightly sweet smell, but not an obtrusive one. Slightly flowery at first too. But this seems to disappear quickly. Iso-E Super allows part of the fragrance to fuse quickly with the carrier, as if it had disappeared through an invisible wall. What then remains perceptible in the air is a pleasantly light spiciness, followed by a warm wood accord. But even these chords seem to lose themselves as if by magic.
Now you might think the smell is bad or the batch is faulty. But far from it. He'll be back. If the wearer doesn't expect it. But also the environment is not prepared for it. Because if somebody smells him, nobody gets the idea who the carrier is I can pull the veil behind me. People around me notice it. And when I really get going, the scent also goes off and fills the room with its aura. But standing close to me, people can ask where the scent is now. I can say not knowing, nobody would suspect me. But the aura is there.

And that, I think, gives some people the benefit of the doubt. The first time I wore it I thought: "Oh yes, people here and there are right. Maybe the scent isn't that special." But the second time I wore it, I found it very pleasant myself. A tight-fitting scent that doesn't want to attract attention, that I don't let get close to me Far from it!
When people from the surrounding area ask who has left his perfumed shirt lying around - and that after I have already put on the fragrance 7 hours before - then that means something. And no matter which perfume I have already worn, this one has been one of the most commented on by my fellow men so far.
But nobody could comment on, let alone perceive, a scent that should no longer be there after seven hours. And I was always kind enough to help people look for the perfume bearer. Unfortunately we never found it. Such a rascal
That's why I call the Dior Homme 2020 my ghost train. Even if some people don't want to believe it. They will still experience it. Like a hallucination. And I'm the engineer
All in all a very horny fragrance with surprising results and experiences. Interesting from my own experience that people react similarly to the Dior Homme Intense. Only that DHI is obviously just there. Olfactorially thought, you see it like a red Chevy on a green lawn. The new DH is like a phantom. It is there. But where? And that is what I call an outstanding performance. A scent created intentionally to be mysterious. There's another one that I can smell. Dior Homme 2020 is like a double agent within its own ranks. Everybody knows that he is sneaking around somewhere. It could be anyone The flacon therefore fits very well again. The guy in the suit. Conspicuously inconspicuous.
Sillage and

After testing it more often now I come to the conclusion: It has become very good. The experience practice differs slightly from that with other fragrances. But here I find this really successful.
So be ready in case the ghost train rumbles near you. Let us take you on a relaxed ride into the unknown
MfG
TheOrange78

Michaltutaj
So much criticism... who cares?
This scent is elegant, masculine and just magnificent. However the Dior Homme line (the original scents) for me is some kind of a joke. Dior Homme Original and Dior Homme Intense smell like a baby powder mixed with cocoa - not manly at all. Better name for the original scents would be "Dior Unisex".
I know that people are used to those original scents, but I do not understand what would they expect from the new 2020 version. The same scent or what? It would be extremely boring if you ask me. Anyway, the 2020 version is a fragrance on its own and it is a great scent.
Sorry fragheads...
The other day at Dior Perfume Lab
Good morning, François Good morning, Robert
Robert: Been here for a while?
François: Yes! I completely forgot that today the new eau de toilette has to be finished.
Robert: Oh dear... can I help you?
Francois: That's great... throw in all the pink pepper we have Robert: Okay!
François: And then you add everything that somehow smells of wood.
Robert: I will... can you do synthetics?
François: Jo... that's fine Robert: What about vetiver?
Francois: Yesterday I saw a root in the back corner. Look in the back right at the shower gel Robert: Found it! There's also a bergamot here Francois: Ah... very good. Then we can also mention the note 'fresh' in the fragrance character.
Robert: Did you manage to do that with the proper durability and sillage?
Francois: Nah, there's no time for that... so done!
Robert: What do you want it to be called?
François: We call it DIOR HOMME 2020!
Robert: Haven't we done that already?
François: Listen: 2020! That's totally innovative Robert: But isn't that confusing?
Francois: Hm... then we'll rename the old one ORIGINAL. Everyone will understand
-----
It's easy to see that Dior Homme 2020 didn't really convince me.
And maybe it actually happened the same way ;-)

Thank you for stopping by!

Dior Anonyme
Survivalists talk about the Grey Man. The guy so ordinary you ignore him in the street.

And that's what Dior have done here. A bland musky thing with no iris, just sweet woody flowers and cocoa, and a tiny smidgeon of pepper. Perfect for those who want to go un-noticed.

It will most likely be a huge hit.

2*+
Manuel81
The woodcutter in a custom-made suit !
Had it been ONLY according to the reviews here, I would probably NEVER have gotten to know this fragrance, but luckily I got a sample of this fragrance a few weeks ago The top note belongs for me probably to the best ...(in the woody segment), what I have ever smelled !!!!
Citrus fresh / woody ...and at the beginning minimally spicy .
The fragrance is the hammer ... and the drydown is wonderfully spicy / woody .
No sweet / sticky mainstream, but a masculine / noble men's fragrance that is addictive If only it were a little stronger ...it would be my new signature scent !
The Sillage is unfortunately VERY restrained ....and yet it is quite good from the projection point of view .
I think my environment perceives it better than I do, that is at least my first experience after just 3 days .......because I have already been approached 3 times about this fragrance The durability on the skin is about 6 hours .... on a shirt loosely 2 days .
My advice here is to simply test it ... I don't know the original, by the way
Aqua1902
Better than you'd like...
When I read through the entries here like this, I have the feeling that most people here smell what they want to smell. Maybe from the history of the scent, from personal disappointment, maybe also from vindictiveness or simply from incapacity. It smells for hours like "Bleu de Chanel", unworthy of its name, reminiscent of "Horizon" or dishwater, characterless, boring, even infantile - in any case, in the broadest sense, a disgrace...
If you compare the fragrance with its predecessor, at least the disappointment may be understandable, if you don't and judge Dior Homme 2020 as a fragrance in its own right, the rest of the criticism is simply ridiculous. Really, I almost have to laugh how reality here is bent into a kind of subjective bashing universe, in which one pulls off the leash on behalf of all the crap in the world and writes the fragrance spitefully on the wall. Shit!
And who knows, maybe I would have felt the same way if I hadn't experienced the following:

So I was in a department store a few months ago and sprayed the new Dior Homme on a test strip. Not on the neck, because I didn't want to smell like Iris at the time. I just wanted to see what the new one smelled like. And he didn't smell bad and kind of new and very pleasant and no Iris at all and... nothing special! Yes, that was my first impression, just nothing special!!! And then I put the test tyre in my jacket pocket and left it there for the rest of the day, for the rest of the evening and until the next morning. And then I sat early in the subway and opposite me sat this guy, who looked kind of normal, but still very individual, grown up somehow. And I suddenly smelled this scent and I thought: Yep, exactly - this guy has something special and he smells the same way. And I thought to myself what that could be... maybe a Tom Ford I didn't know, maybe something niche, but without the kind of repulsive note that sometimes comes with it. Something normal, but with that special spin, that nichelike uniqueness that I hadn't smelled so pleasantly for a long time. And I admired him for it and wondered if I should ask him what kind of scent it was. And when I was about to do so, it suddenly fell from my eyes like scales from the scales: that wasn't him at all! It was me! Fuck!
Well, sometimes the world isn't what you want it to be. And sometimes things are just different than you think they are. And sometimes even your own nose teaches you better - whether you want it or not ;-))

A new Dior for a new Homme
Dior presents its new concept of "Dior Man" (Dior Homme in French), which has changed in various aspects over the years... And among them, the fragrance that defines that man has changed, too.

I love the original DH, but I understand that isn't adequate to represent the current man of 2020, who is obviously more cosmopolitan, awake and committed. Yes, the OG composition is more refined, classy and... French. Yes. And probably, a little snobby (...).

Maybe changing the name of the first Dior - adding an "Original" in the box, to make way for the new concept - isn't something so dramatic ... Is it?

... Regarding the iris note, I think there has been a clear mistake here, and i mean a mistake by perfumery enthusiasts, not Dior:

DH Original was a milestone for the inclusion of the iris note in a masculine fragrance... But what is wrongly understood, is the true value of the note (it's just an Iris note!). The genius is in the bravery and brilliance of including it in a creative blend of a masculine fragrance (because at that time, it was traditionally considered a femenine note).

Dior Homme was never a "paladin" of the iris note: It was always an emotion, a concept... And that note no longer fits Dior's new vision of modern man today; maybe right now is old-fashioned... Maybe. At least, this is the statement of one of the most leading fashion brands in the world: Precisely Christian Dior.

- About the new fragrance: I have to say that - despite my initial reluctance - I finally like it. It's a modern-classic, a perfectly made fragrance with a clear motive and purpose.

Maybe this scent isn't original, but it doesn't matter: It's trendy, appealing and masterfully executed. It smells woody, musky and gently manly... Its personality shines without the pretentiousness of wanting to blind.

The new Dior Homme EDT is a perfect sign of its time... But simultaneously, it has a timeless character.

- Longevity & Projection: This juice is long lasting without a doubt, with a moderate projection.

- Ocassions: All. It's valid for everything; this new DH is a perfect signature scent.

- Conclusion: Another great and contemporary Dior fragrance, which clearly doesn't deserve the reception it has had among perfumery freaks.

Times change, fashion changes... And fragrance trends, too.

However, the aroma is designed in a way that its success is assured.
MrGoodSmell
Dior's Office fragrance under false flag
One thing first. It cannot be denied that the numerous negative reviews of this fragrance make a 100% objective evaluation difficult. I was also biased, because the language that prevails here but also Youtube, was clear!

A few weeks ago, the time had come. Dior Homme 2020 had to withstand my fine nose. But the most important questions first:

"Is he really as big a disaster as everyone says?" No!

"Is it worse than the original signal?"
Yes! Br/>
"Should I buy it?" Yes and no!
The purchase decision depends strongly on the intended use. The original Dior Homme was a great iris scent, which was or still is suitable for casual as well as evening use. Because Dior revives it in a new version as Dior Homme Original. The name of the 2020 Dior Homme version, is unfortunately misleading. Instead of choosing a new independent name, the already established scheme is used. Therefore I can more than understand the displeasure of the hardcore fans. Especially buyers who don't deal with fragrances and just blindly buy "Dior Homme" from their friends are literally led behind the light. Incomprehensible Dior!

Dior 2020 as a fragrance is very linear and generic but still knows how to please in its own way. Through my last perfume order I got a sample of the 2020 version and could test it again extensively. After sniffing again, the only sensible use for the fragrance came to my mind is the "office". As has often been criticized, Dior Homme 2020 has too little expressiveness for other occasions. Here numerous other alternatives should be found in the own series.

Emptied the rest of the sample today, by the way. Reason was a job interview incl. full montage - suit, fine shoes and tie.
I have applied the last two big splashes to the pulse points and what can I say, still smell him on me. From the time I applied it to this point in time when I am writing these lines, over 7 hours have passed! That is mMn. anything but average durability, as you can read so often here. Unfortunately I can't say much about the Sillage, but I would need another filling as I have tested it more or less for myself or in the office. But I would describe it as rather average.

From my point of view there are numerous office scents that are recommendable. Dunhill Icon, BdC EDT, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver EDP, of which I currently own one or the other.
Dior 2020 takes a similar line, it is fresh, woody and also pleasing. If you already own 1 or even 2 of the above fragrances, Dior Homme 2020 offers no real added value. It is practically no useful addition to your own perfume collection.

But if you don't own one of these fragrances, it's definitely worth a look, or rather a nose. For the use in the office you do little wrong with it and it smells really pleasant and won't cause any nasty surprises.
But if you are looking for a versatile fragrance, you should definitely steer clear of Dior Homme 2020.
Model maintenance
It has nothing to do with the original. Straightforward without much frills. Just: fresh, woody, masculine...

Dior goes with the times, it has to be compatible with the masses - then the cash register is right!

A Mercedes SL from 1957 has also not much to do with the 2020 model. Only the star and the open top have remained...and yet it is an SL and it has its followers. Not everything that is not like it was in the good old days is bad on principle.

If you like oldtimers and can afford it, you will buy the original!

I like the old model, but even this one...
Bibogat
Boring without any inspiration! Completely missing perception and durability!
Unfortunately, DIOR has decided to take the previous DIOR Homme - a hugely successful fragrance - off the market. Otherwise, to give this new release, the completely new fragrance, a completely new name is now consciously accepted to confuse the regular customer!
If I already create something new, then please do so under a completely new name. This one would certainly not have challenged the first DIOR Homme for his position! The result is a rather insignificant and above all hardly noticeable scent. It begins quite fresh and spicy - a peppery bergamot prelude. Unfortunately the scent does not really change and the wearer does not notice the scent at all after 30 minutes. What a mega-weak performance for a house like DIOR! I myself fogged myself with at least 30 sprayers without anyone noticing the scent. In my opinion, any fresh and spicy shower gel is sufficient here
The heavy and high-quality bottle is beautiful! An absolute eye-catcher. But what use is it if the contents are quite meaningless?

I can only recommend everyone to buy the first version! Already now difficult to get, because who will be taken off the market;-( ... a shame!

Unfortunately weak! Grade 4-

LeroystanksLeroystanks 17 days ago
It’s fine, but I guarantee you have this already. Masculine woody opening into a very familiar Bleu de Chanel dry down.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 39 days ago
In the opening, you have bergamot, pink pepper and patchouli. Then it becomes more green, woody and some musk (patchouli is still there).
TiagoPM28TiagoPM28 88 days ago
A formidable scent from Dior, onde again! A modernized version of a name, not so unique like DH Original, but truly versatile and elegant!!!
MrSuitytieMrSuitytie 128 days ago
I just received a sample of DHI 2020 and feel very lucky that I didn´t get a whole bottle. Why? Because I already own Bleu de Chanel ...
IanFriedrichIanFriedrich 129 days ago
4.5
The biggest mistake that Dior ever made, reformulated the original Dior Homme formula.
BejanoirBejanoir 181 days ago
This is perfect for it's name, and what a HommeHomme version should smell like. A perfect signature scent. Fresh, clean and masculine.
Nik604Nik604 8 months ago
We all remember the big crying about Sauvage, 5 years ago...now we all now that it's great and huge selling, I suspect the same effect here.
DPArtistDPArtist 9 months ago
Not a huge fan of the original but this is an even less interesting iteration. Pleasant but dull. Dior Homme Sport 2008 is their masterpiece
Carlitos01Carlitos01 9 months ago
The former king passed away. Until we have a new king we have to put up with this regent or maybe face a new Dior dinasty. Forgettable....
MeursaultMeursault 9 months ago
3.5
Boring and generic. Fresh bergamote, with vetiver, musk and cashmeran. It has something sweet too, I don't know what it is. Smells cheap.

Hase: Haddu Möhrchen? DH 2020: Nein, hab ich nicht! ;) Danke euch für das schöne Feedback!
by Flanker
by ScentSlave
Ich finde diesen Eisblock-Flakon einfach wunderschön!
by Parzival852
by 2020Antiope
by 2020Antiope
by Sirchelios
by Sirchelios
by Gauloises777
by Gauloises777

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dioressence (Eau de Toilette) by Dior