Dior Homme 2020Eau de Toilette

Version from 2020
Dior Homme (2020) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Dior Homme (2020) (Eau de Toilette) is a new perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2020. The scent is woody-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pink pepper, Elemi resin
Heart Notes Heart NotesAtlas cedar, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Haitian vetiver

Submitted by Skylab, last update on 07.04.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is British actor Robert Pattinson.

My Spring Scent 2021
Already after the first spray from a sample I was thrilled. A really fresh, resinous and dreamlike woody scent surrounded me. This holds loosely 8 h and remains relatively constant in the smell. I personally like it much better than the previous Iris variants. I am amazed how rounded a fragrance can smell even with reduced ingredients
The variable X
He is always good on days when you can not decide.
If I do not know whether it should be something sweeter, he is there with his woody nature.
I do not know if it should be more masculine, he is there with a nice freshness.

A nice all-rounder, does not have to be brings but does its job.

Although I have not fallen in love with him, the large bottle is already well used up in quite a short time, so much for that :-)

Arman038
The right fragrance with the wrong name
Where should I start? As you already know, Dior homme 2020 doesn't contain iris. For me that's not an issue. I'm not a big fan of iris.

But how does this fragrance smell? Woody. Fresh. It's classy, masculine and really versatile. Even though I yet haven't wore it on summer days, I can assure you that you can wear this fragrance on warmer days. It's fresh enough for the summer and strong enough for the colder days. For me, this fragrance is not generic. I don't know a fragrance wich is similar to this one. It's totaly not the usual blue fragrance we know from big designer houses. It even smells sophisticated if you're only used to designer fragrances (like me). I don't suggest you to do it because of the price, but I think Dior homme 2020 is blindbuy worthy.

The performance is great. On my skin it easily performs 10+ hours with 3 hours of sillage. Because of that it will gather you compliments, I can assure you that.

It annoys me that all those youtubers dislike this fragrance, just because they took out the iris. If this fragrance was under an other name, they would have praised Dior. Don't let the hate influence you!

To sum it up, this scent is great, just like the performance. If you guys don't want to wear Dior homme 2020, I will wear it!
Hahahaha
Can you laugh sarcastically? Yes? No? In any case, I could not think of a better title for this fragrance.
It had to be again a comment, especially after I briefly skimmed the previous ones. Since one is screwed brazenly by Dior and that is still bought off.

1. This fragrance could be interpreted as a summary of 2020. It's just so frustrating that Dior is dragging its own Homme range through the mud with such a random scent.

2. Of course, this fresh scent is immediately hyped up by the usual "masculine fresh scent lovers", even though they already have at least 3 similar scents, maybe even identical ones in their collection. But no matter. The main thing is fresh, masculine and you feel horny. And it is yes Dior on it.

3. Thanks to pink pepper and synthetic-aquatic-amber woods, this fragrance should have been called "Sauvage 2020 EdT" rather. In addition, certain aspects of Bleu de Chanel and Versace pour Homme are not to be denied. Here are also still pungent-sour notes of patch and vetiver.

4. A fragrance that truly does not let a perfume lover expand the horizon. He is at most a solid fragrance. Craft and Dufttechnisch the fragrance is unfortunately only ordinary and qualitatively rather on a low level.

5. Sets a sign and buys this fragrance only if he also really loves. Or buys the other, even better alternatives. We as consumers have to show so slowly that it does not go on with this 0815 stuff. Especially not from a more premium range. Otherwise, then comes Dior Homme 2024 out and that will then smell like Invictus.

6. Dior also wants to tell you: "Follow every trend! We take away the iris and adapt the fragrance for the masses, so that as many as possible smell the same. What is individualism anyway? But this time we don't have to try nearly as hard as we did with Sauvage. Back then, we launched something innovative and were copied several times by other brands. Now we're just knocking out the scent in a slightly different form because we also felt the need for a slightly different copy. Muhaha."

7. Sorry, I'm not sorry. Good fricking job Dior.
Royalo
If he'd been given a different name, he'd have hit the ground running..
The most important first, no this fragrance has nothing to do with the original. As well as when you take away the ingredient which has shaped this fragrance, the iris. In the community, he was therefore strongly criticized. I find the fragrance nevertheless great. You can wear it all the time. The whole year. Of course there are better quality fragrances but I think some people might still like it. If it would have had its own name it would have been better received. I am at least glad to have him in my Dior Homme collection.

Dior homme 2020
When i tryed the new dior homme 2020 for the first time it was on paper not on my skin i just say it is ok not bad different to the original dior homme . I will not compare them because they are 2 diffrent fragrance .
Then after monthes i decide to bye a new fragrance something new i dont have it before so i try Guerlain homme ideal extreme, K Dolce Gabbana the new dior sauvage and others and of course Dior homme 2020.
I got a sample of each one and i use them all one fragrance a day. i prefer Dior homme 2020.
It is very masculin modern sexy and classy . It is frech and woody with very hight quality ingrédients i got cederwood vertiver bergamote musk sandalwood patchouli. Sillage is moderate and last all day long.
The most thing i like it is that it is not sweet or gives you headache it is woody aromatic very ballenced .
It can be used in all situation casual formal day night
Winter summer . I agree with people who says it shares a little similarity to bleu de chanel or dhi .
So for me it is a really great fragrance i love it.
This was my story with dior homme 2020 .
It is what it is.
Bought the fragrance because it was relatively cheap and I knew I would use it when I do not know what fragrance to wear otherwise.

I don't know if I'm just clueless more often than not or not, but DH2020 is one of the scents I fall back on the most. When I had a sample earlier this year, my first impression was, "OK, Dior has a BdC competitor now. I actually find this one more likeable than Bleu."

I thought the fragrance was good and rated it 7.5 at the time, precisely because it wasn't a revelation for me.
9 months later, I have a 100 ml bottle, which often comes into use, because I have discovered a new side to me.

I also want to wear times a fragrance that just "only" smells good, is not particularly creative but I'm still happy when I get over the day times here and there a breath under the nose. A fragrance, which maybe not so noticeable, so that people talk to you about it, but if they do, it is guaranteed not negative.
This scent gives me confidence, but not the kind of confidence I have when I wear polarizing scents, but rather "I smell good, and I know everyone around me is of the same opinion" kind of confidence :D

It's fresh, tangy, woody and masculine. Just the modern man. It's just fun to smell.

The durability is not so bad. On my collar I smell him 1-2 days, on the skin up to 7 hours perceptible. For work and / or leisure activity's enough perfectly.
Does the fragrance necessarily appear under "Homme"? Yes, because Dior redefines the "man" with it. The original was a statement, and so is the 2020 version. Whether we like it is another question.

Is it marketing wise? No, or maybe it is. I don't know. I honestly don't care either. I know the difference, I know there are two versions, and the new version has worked for me and is getting an update in scoring.

LG
Sezer
Polarizing?
Really exceptionally good!

That was my first impression when I sprayed the newly formulated Dior Homme on a test strip, left Müller and a few minutes later began to sniff the same regularly.
Also on the other day, the woody-fresh fragrance was still perceivable there.

I acquired him- and am thrilled to this day. The negative comments I can not understand, he acts on me neither uninspired nor is the durability weak.
But tastes are known to be different :-)
As an everyday fragrance very well suited. The sillage is really good.

I werdemihn in the future continue to wear often.
Batemans
Solid fragrance with fatal name !!!
The fragrance is not to blame, that marketing is !!!

Unfortunately, a totally inappropriate name for a basic solid fragrance. Clearly the fragrance definitely smells different than its predecessor and does not deserve the name Dior Homme. It lacks the powdery and this angenheme sweetness of its predecessors, but it justifies the fragrance so bad to make and already biased to form his opinion without diffenzierter the whole thing to look at? For me the fragrance is really good it smells fresher than its predecessor with less sweetness, nevertheless really pleasant and fragrant. The durability and sillage are surprisingly better than many think especially the sillage has surprised me the fragrance brings me when wearing some compliments and I was surprised that people perceive the fragrance even at 1.5 to 2 meters and address me although I had him already a few hours on it.

Conclusion: For me it is a successful fragrance not as strong as its predecessors, but simply good and suitable for all who do not know the old Dior Homme and are not looking for a pure winter / autumn fragrance, by the freshness it is also possible in the spring and possibly in the summer on not quite too hot days.
The ghost train/double agent
This fragrance is a bit like a myth. You know that parts of it are true and yet no one can really figure it out.
Anyone can say anything about it. But nobody really knows what to do with it. Big novel or little dime novel? Keep on researching or check off ?

I decided to keep at it. I didn't want to believe that they'd created a fragrance that Sauvage would compete with I didn't want to believe that this scent was a loser According to some perfume sites Iso-E Super is said to be contained. According to my humble expertise, that would be a decisive factor. Namely, that Iso-E Super is a fragrance molecule about which one can read a lot, but real experience reports are sometimes missing. What does this stuff do in a perfume? What does it do to the perfume? How does it affect the environment? Fellow men?

So Dior Homme is one of these Iso-E Super Candidates, even though this ingredient is not (no longer) listed in the fragrance pyramid.
I have already experimented with the mentioned scent molecule in sprayable form. Iso applied and then on the spots the perfume of my choice. This procedure was especially helpful with woody perfumes, also with fresh, peppy, citric top notes. For one thing, the thing disappears right under my nose, connects to my skin chemistry and also connects to my perfume. The effect is very manifold.
From H-bomb to silk veil. It was a lot of stuff. Maybe I'll write a separate blog entry about it
So now Dior Homme.
On closer inspection, the new Dior Homme is not so much to begin with. Woody and spicy. Sounds really boring at first too. Somehow I even thought of a different fragrance for a short time, but without this level of perfume. But fortunately it's not.
When applied, it has a slightly sweet smell, but not an obtrusive one. Slightly flowery at first too. But this seems to disappear quickly. Iso-E Super allows part of the fragrance to fuse quickly with the carrier, as if it had disappeared through an invisible wall. What then remains perceptible in the air is a pleasantly light spiciness, followed by a warm wood accord. But even these chords seem to lose themselves as if by magic.
Now you might think the smell is bad or the batch is faulty. But far from it. He'll be back. If the wearer doesn't expect it. But also the environment is not prepared for it. Because if somebody smells him, nobody gets the idea who the carrier is I can pull the veil behind me. People around me notice it. And when I really get going, the scent also goes off and fills the room with its aura. But standing close to me, people can ask where the scent is now. I can say not knowing, nobody would suspect me. But the aura is there.

And that, I think, gives some people the benefit of the doubt. The first time I wore it I thought: "Oh yes, people here and there are right. Maybe the scent isn't that special." But the second time I wore it, I found it very pleasant myself. A tight-fitting scent that doesn't want to attract attention, that I don't let get close to me Far from it!
When people from the surrounding area ask who has left his perfumed shirt lying around - and that after I have already put on the fragrance 7 hours before - then that means something. And no matter which perfume I have already worn, this one has been one of the most commented on by my fellow men so far.
But nobody could comment on, let alone perceive, a scent that should no longer be there after seven hours. And I was always kind enough to help people look for the perfume bearer. Unfortunately we never found it. Such a rascal
That's why I call the Dior Homme 2020 my ghost train. Even if some people don't want to believe it. They will still experience it. Like a hallucination. And I'm the engineer
All in all a very horny fragrance with surprising results and experiences. Interesting from my own experience that people react similarly to the Dior Homme Intense. Only that DHI is obviously just there. Olfactorially thought, you see it like a red Chevy on a green lawn. The new DH is like a phantom. It is there. But where? And that is what I call an outstanding performance. A scent created intentionally to be mysterious. There's another one that I can smell. Dior Homme 2020 is like a double agent within its own ranks. Everybody knows that he is sneaking around somewhere. It could be anyone The flacon therefore fits very well again. The guy in the suit. Conspicuously inconspicuous.
Sillage and

After testing it more often now I come to the conclusion: It has become very good. The experience practice differs slightly from that with other fragrances. But here I find this really successful.
So be ready in case the ghost train rumbles near you. Let us take you on a relaxed ride into the unknown
MfG
TheOrange78

SmellGoodGuySmellGoodGuy 1 month ago
I'm sorry. This is just good. A versatile, gentlemanly, scent..
KuraiKurai 2 months ago
Never has there been so much polarization over a middle-of-the-road perfume. DH2020 = Fine quality, discrete, but lacks excitement
Arman038Arman038 3 months ago
The best release from 2020. I really like this scent and it performs good aswell. It smells woody-fresh. It's also very versatile.
LeroystanksLeroystanks 6 months ago
It’s fine, but I guarantee you have this already. Masculine woody opening into a very familiar Bleu de Chanel dry down.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
In the opening, you have bergamot, pink pepper and patchouli. Then it becomes more green, woody and some musk (patchouli is still there).
TiagoPM28TiagoPM28 9 months ago
A formidable scent from Dior, onde again! A modernized version of a name, not so unique like DH Original, but truly versatile and elegant!!!
MrSuitytieMrSuitytie 10 months ago
I just received a sample of DHI 2020 and feel very lucky that I didn´t get a whole bottle. Why? Because I already own Bleu de Chanel ...
IanFriedrichIanFriedrich 10 months ago
4.5
The biggest mistake that Dior ever made, reformulated the original Dior Homme formula.
BejanoirBejanoir 12 months ago
This is perfect for it's name, and what a HommeHomme version should smell like. A perfect signature scent. Fresh, clean and masculine.
Nik604Nik604 1 year ago
We all remember the big crying about Sauvage, 5 years ago...now we all now that it's great and huge selling, I suspect the same effect here.

Hase: Haddu Möhrchen? DH 2020: Nein, hab ich nicht! ;) Danke euch für das schöne Feedback!
by Flanker
by Lacrimalus
Ich finde diesen Eisblock-Flakon einfach wunderschön!
by Parzival852
by Sirchelios
by Gauloises777
by Gauloises777

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior