Dior Homme 2020 Eau de Toilette

Version from 2020
Dior Homme (2020) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Dior Homme (2020) (Eau de Toilette) is a new perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2020. The scent is woody-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Pink pepperPink pepper
Elemi resinElemi resin
Heart Notes Heart NotesAtlas cedarAtlas cedar
PatchouliPatchouli
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk
Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver

Submitted by Skylab, last update on 23.09.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is British actor Robert Pattinson.

Creating a future classic
What defines a modern masculine scent? Is it the predominantly woody scent trail that is often stripped down to its base, a trend started by none other than Hermes Terre d’Hermes back in 2005 that is finally starting to catch up just now?

Or, does it lie somewhere between the fuzzy citruses that are enveloped in ambroxan found in fragrances such as Dior’s Sauvage, and Paco Rabanne’s Invictus sweetness? Well, maybe the truth is somewhere in between, and interchangeable trends always seem to shift their winds where the masses lie.

Take it as you will, but rest assured that the 2020s will be marked as the decade of the approachable, and safe woody scents, moving away from the “blue scent” trend in the 2010s.

Here are my 5 quick takes:

- Latest generation masculine trendsetter
- One of the best compliment getting all year round signature fragrance
- Created by Francois Demachy in 2020
- Great value for money
- Lacks true development

The bergamot here is in the vein of Sauvage, natural, but different than the one found let us say in Montblanc Explorer. Also, a natural note of bergamot there, and surprisingly, an identical molecule found also in Bohemian Lime from Goldfield & Banks fragrance.

The pepper accord cuts through the citruses, making it sharp, and interestingly, airy during the opening, and giving a scent a touch of coldness before the overdose of woodiness and ambery heart take the forefront.

Never overpowering, and always at the right amount of projection, the transition to heart notes is smooth and never feeling like you as the wearing is smelling anything but clean, and masculine.

What surprised me about the middle stage was that not until I tried Dior Homme 2020 on my skin, the scent which resembles that aroma of the warm skin you get while being on the beach was not present at all.

All I got on paper strips were woods, citruses, and spices, and it just proves that the best way to test a perfume is directly on the skin.

The middle stage is where I feel this perfume is at its best. By the time the dry down is reached, what we are left with are soft traces of cedar and white musk, similar to that one in Dior Homme Cologne.

I do feel the presence of everything that came before in the opening and in the heart notes, but in a more subtle way.

Give it a try, you might be surprised.

Check out my Parfumo profile to find out how can you read full reviews on my website.
Modern Man by Dior
After my statement now a slightly more detailed review.

Dior Homme has probably always been a statement, unmistakable DNA. And now a complete reformulation?? WTF, Dior...How dare you and Shame!

It is probably as with good books or series, to keep a certain standard with which especially the loyal fans are also satisfied is probably the high art. But now once hand on the heart, is the iris note still something very special that distinguishes Dior? Prada l'homme or Valentino Uomo Intense let greet, which are more than an alternative.

At some point, you have to break away and maybe that uniquely powdery fragrance DNA doesn't fit in today. As much as I love the original version, this is not a modern Scent to me. Quite the opposite, I see the original version rather as a classic, but for that I appreciate him especially.

I have taken a lot of time to form a final judgment. For me, the fragrance reflects the modern man, free of necessarily unique to have to be, to more personality, clear edges and yet playful, seductive, all that I find in it. The clip with Robert Pattinson fits perfectly.

So I can get over the fact that Dior Homme 2020 isn't unique and distinctive. In fact, it is unique to me how the woody and spicy harmonize and the fragrance is still fresh. Because actually, the very notes spicy and woody are something that would tend to put me off, but here it's just so playfully light, which is exactly what I love. I feel the fragrance DNA and the course also as very natural and high-quality. The addition of 2020 you can actually dispense with, Dior Homme has succeeded very well in my view, to break away from conventions and create something new, independent.

For more projection keep to the Fragrance Rule No 1: stop being a sissy sprayer ;)
ps. All those who want to see a professional fragrance description and who are wondering what Dior has actually done and thought exactly in the reformulation, I recommend the video of Aaron Teence Hughes about it (https://youtu.be/K5sQC-ldo2s). I'm still curious about whether there will also be a new Intense version and which note is then still strengthened or added.
10/10 rightly and on principle
Wanted to write the review for a long time, but didn't in the end.

Given the current hype around LNDH Bleu Electrique but it must be.

There are so many weird takes around DH 2020.The opening smells like toilet stone, the scent smells like citrus floor cleaner, comparisons to Bleu de Chanel.

And of course noses and olfactory perceptions are different but for my nose the best thing about DH 2020 is the clear distinction from old familiar Blue Fragrances and Aquatics.

Also, I don't perceive it sharp, overly citric, clinical or anything like that. In the opening resins and woods are completely obvious, after ner half hour until the end, the thing is neatly musky.

The opening is divine, amazingly natural/unchemical for me by designer standards, the bergamot note is a dream. If the DH 2020 is supposed to smell synthetic I have no idea how to describe the mainstream designer blue openings of the lethten decade, Sauvage included.

Performance is difficult for me to judge by my fast Noseblindness bzgl. iso-E-Super for me, however, it is quite a fragrance with which I go as 2-3 spray people quite times on 7-8.

And the whole thing here comes not from someone who so far Beckham For Man and Guido Maria Kretschmer's fragrances. I find Dior Homme 2020 completely satisfying even alongside scents like Coromandel, Tonka Imperiale, Musk Therapy and Ambre Nuit and far from guilty pleasure.

If anything, I would go further and say that the fragrance is enough for the Maison Christian Dior range and would probably be somewhere well above 8.0 if it had a different name and cost just under four times as much.

Dior Homme 2020 is by the deviation of Dior Homme Original for many simply not neutrally assessable and the rest are many perfumos who join the hate-circlejerk. If you dig through the statements and look for perfumos who can classify the fragrance halfway capable, then a considerably more positive picture emerges than possibly suspected. The same goes for Fragrantica. Bleu Electrique, on the other hand, is the same thing, only the other way around. An old, nostalgic water basically unchanged (except for wording owed to the market and right) but with stronger performance thrown on the market and the community dances in the streets.

A similar fate is mMn befalling H24 right now, albeit for a slightly different reason. I suspect H24 and DH 2020 as the first outgrowths of a move towards green notes, away from Ambrox->Tonka and the like. The new Burberry, JPG, CK and Abercrombie Pillar seem to confirm that.

In conclusion, I'm curious how DH 2020, H24 and consorts will be received in five years, I suspect a good bit better than this year

Why we need to support Dior Homme 2020
1st part" the scent itself

Loads of bergmot and a hint of pink pepper.
The Elimi Resin gives it a slight sweetness but it is far from a typical sweet scent.
The patchouli gives it a really expensive smell.
Some nuances from classics are here, it has a beautiful Hedione/Jasmine whaff like Eau Sauvage
Performance is VERY good, 2 sprays max otherwise you go olfactory fatigue within 30s
I've owned all 3 versions of Bleu de Chanel, to me, DH 2020 is just more bang for buck, unless you really dig the BDC DNA
Also, I would have given it a 10/10 scent score if it had a carnation note. To me, if a big dose of carnation is added this thing would be a perfect classy masculine (maybe not as modern in that case)

2nd part: why you need to stop trashing this

The main reason people are angry is that the iris is gone, so people think it's now a dumber-down version of the OG. No longer "unique" in the way that it makes us frag heads feel like high society people who have refined taste just because we are wearing something aesthetically feminine. (My guess is real high society men probably only wear Eau Sauvage/Pour Monsieur/or Whatever their wife buys them)

As a fraghead myself, I argue this: Most people who like the OG DH love the DHI as well. And since the 2020 version of DHI is freshened up. It's almost like somehow the OG DH and DHI are combined. Dior Homme Parfum is also in production, even though it's hard as heck to get here in the US. But DHI is still fairly accessible. To the folks who loved the OG DH, why don't you just go for DHI? Don't get me wrong I loved the OG DH as well but what is the reason to hate this new version?? It's not like Dior completely stopped the production of the OG DH. And you can still get your hands easily on DHI.

Also, here is my assumption. Chanel's big cash cows are BDC line, Allure Homme Sport line, and potentially Platinum Egoiste. Dior, however, has only one big cash cow=Sauvage line. They need something new and mass appealing to grow the business. Even though we fragheads adore other Dior masculines, I think most consumers can only stomach the Sauvage line. So I think it's a good move on Dior's part, they make more money, have more revenue to potentially pay Francois Demachy to invent more cool stuff. (I say this argument in assumption that both Dior and Chanel's primary cash source is NA and Asia market, and from my perspective, someone who lived in Asia before and now living in the USA, I know the general taste of people. NO way the OG DH can do well in Asia if it can't even thrive here)

Finally, I think it's too bad that Dior is owned by LVMH, I wish it has more independence. However, the fact that Dior still produces their artistic oldies like Fahrenheit and pumping out good privee offers give us a hope that Dior is still a fairly high-society fragrance brand.
Additionally, they supported Johnny in his time of distress, that's something I highly appreciate, so I don't mind buying myself a bottle of DH 2020 at all. It is pleasant and easy to wear, and a perfect replacement for BDC, which is just a bit too pricy at this point.

I enjoy and respect Dior as a fragrance house, and I support DH2020

Thank you for reading folks.

Surprisingly good !
This is my first review, please be gracious with me. I haven't been in the perfume game for long, however, it has now become a great hobby and gives me immense pleasure.

Now about the fragrance. To be honest, I can only partially understand the negative review to this fragrance. The biggest mistake of Dior was how I find, the fragrance in the Homme series to classify. This fragrance has nothing to do with the Homme range, it simply lacks iris... which is also the main reason for the bad rating. Should the fragrance not be given a chance because of Dior's mistake ? I don't think so. I also maintain my opinion that the fragrance would have fared much better here on Parfumo if Dior had given it a different, independent name. I would also like to mention that the "old" Dior Homme EdT is still being produced and sold. So it is not discontinued.

In itself, the fragrance is really super and especially very versatile. I see Him both in the office, leisure and to the date. In winter or on cold days, however, not recommended, he is simply too weak. A similarity to the Bleu de Chanel rieche easily towards the end. Otherwise, very independent.

The woody, spicy fresh eckt in no way and pleases basically everyone. Is just not really what new or earth-shattering. The woody is from the beginning to the end very tonangebend. For me, he smells very high quality, as syntetisch I feel him not at all. My biggest criticism is rather the mediocre performance. He becomes unfortunately very quickly skin.

I think at least with this fragrance we are safe from reformulations, which make Him in terms of durability even worse, because otherwise it would be really on D&G The One level. :P

Overall, a very pleasant, woody fragrance which is now a permanent fixture in my collection. I would not like to miss him.
Disappointment
I had to change my review unfortunately because my Irriation about this fragrance was not understood, which is a shame because I thought my comment was very accurate.
I don't get it why Dior thinks it's okay to sell a fragrance under the same name that has nothing to do with the original. I haven't had a Dior Homme in my collection for a long time and thought maybe it was time again.
I almost ordered this fragrance thinking it had anything to do with the original. I would probably have seen God in all colors.

About the scent: woody spicy- synthetic mix mash. Reminds me way too much of Bleu De Chanel. Not mine but I can understand if other young men find him quite appealing.
Would have been okay.... but why this name???
Why do you have to "replace" such a great fragrance with something like this.
I know the original is still available but most will think this disappointment is the original.
My Spring Scent 2021
Already after the first spray from a sample I was thrilled. A really fresh, resinous and dreamlike woody scent surrounded me. This holds loosely 8 h and remains relatively constant in the smell. I personally like it much better than the previous Iris variants. I am amazed how rounded a fragrance can smell even with reduced ingredients
The variable X
He is always good on days when you can not decide.
If I do not know whether it should be something sweeter, he is there with his woody nature.
I do not know if it should be more masculine, he is there with a nice freshness.

A nice all-rounder, does not have to be brings but does its job.

Although I have not fallen in love with him, the large bottle is already well used up in quite a short time, so much for that :-)

Arman038
The right fragrance with the wrong name
Where should I start? As you already know, Dior homme 2020 doesn't contain iris. For me that's not an issue. I'm not a big fan of iris.

But how does this fragrance smell? Woody. Fresh. It's classy, masculine and really versatile. Even though I yet haven't wore it on summer days, I can assure you that you can wear this fragrance on warmer days. It's fresh enough for the summer and strong enough for the colder days. For me, this fragrance is not generic. I don't know a fragrance wich is similar to this one. It's totaly not the usual blue fragrance we know from big designer houses. It even smells sophisticated if you're only used to designer fragrances (like me). I don't suggest you to do it because of the price, but I think Dior homme 2020 is blindbuy worthy.

The performance is great. On my skin it easily performs 10+ hours with 3 hours of sillage. Because of that it will gather you compliments, I can assure you that.

It annoys me that all those youtubers dislike this fragrance, just because they took out the iris. If this fragrance was under an other name, they would have praised Dior. Don't let the hate influence you!

To sum it up, this scent is great, just like the performance. If you guys don't want to wear Dior homme 2020, I will wear it!
Hahahaha
Can you laugh sarcastically? Yes? No? In any case, I could not think of a better title for this fragrance.
It had to be again a comment, especially after I briefly skimmed the previous ones. Since one is screwed brazenly by Dior and that is still bought off.

1. This fragrance could be interpreted as a summary of 2020. It's just so frustrating that Dior is dragging its own Homme range through the mud with such a random scent.

2. Of course, this fresh scent is immediately hyped up by the usual "masculine fresh scent lovers", even though they already have at least 3 similar scents, maybe even identical ones in their collection. But no matter. The main thing is fresh, masculine and you feel horny. And it is yes Dior on it.

3. Thanks to pink pepper and synthetic-aquatic-amber woods, this fragrance should have been called "Sauvage 2020 EdT" rather. In addition, certain aspects of Bleu de Chanel and Versace pour Homme are not to be denied. Here are also still pungent-sour notes of patch and vetiver.

4. A fragrance that truly does not let a perfume lover expand the horizon. He is at most a solid fragrance. Craft and Dufttechnisch the fragrance is unfortunately only ordinary and qualitatively rather on a low level.

5. Sets a sign and buys this fragrance only if he also really loves. Or buys the other, even better alternatives. We as consumers have to show so slowly that it does not go on with this 0815 stuff. Especially not from a more premium range. Otherwise, then comes Dior Homme 2024 out and that will then smell like Invictus.

6. Dior also wants to tell you: "Follow every trend! We take away the iris and adapt the fragrance for the masses, so that as many as possible smell the same. What is individualism anyway? But this time we don't have to try nearly as hard as we did with Sauvage. Back then, we launched something innovative and were copied several times by other brands. Now we're just knocking out the scent in a slightly different form because we also felt the need for a slightly different copy. Muhaha."

7. Sorry, I'm not sorry. Good fricking job Dior.

DoctorJayDoctorJay 1 month ago
Reminds me of Bleu de Chanel EDT but I prefer the Chanel. Not different enough to buy IMO.
50something50something 2 months ago
Love this juice. Never liked the fem stuff. Glad they changed it to something masculine. Call this DH Alpha, than you have DHI B, for Beta.
StolzmanStolzman 6 months ago
Big disappointment. Dior Homme line is dead.
Corporate decisions destroyed this line.
SmellGoodGuySmellGoodGuy 7 months ago
I'm sorry. This is just good. A versatile, gentlemanly, scent..
KuraiKurai 8 months ago
So much polarization, all because of a name *smh* DH2020 = Fine quality, old school woody, but lacks excitement
Arman038Arman038 8 months ago
The best release from 2020. I really like this scent and it performs good aswell. It smells woody-fresh. It's also very versatile.
LeroystanksLeroystanks 12 months ago
It’s fine, but I guarantee you have this already. Masculine woody opening into a very familiar Bleu de Chanel dry down.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
In the opening, you have bergamot, pink pepper and patchouli. Then it becomes more green, woody and some musk (patchouli is still there).
TiagoPM28TiagoPM28 1 year ago
A formidable scent from Dior, onde again! A modernized version of a name, not so unique like DH Original, but truly versatile and elegant!!!
MrSuitytieMrSuitytie 1 year ago
I just received a sample of DHI 2020 and feel very lucky that I didn´t get a whole bottle. Why? Because I already own Bleu de Chanel ...

Hase: Haddu Möhrchen? DH 2020: Nein, hab ich nicht! ;) Danke euch für das schöne Feedback!
by Flanker
by Lacrimalus
Ich finde diesen Eisblock-Flakon einfach wunderschön!
by Parzival852
by Sirchelios
by Gauloises777
by Gauloises777

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior