Dior Homme 2020 Eau de Toilette

Version from 2020
Dior Homme (2020) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Dior Homme (2020) (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2020. The scent is woody-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot Pink pepperPink pepper Elemi resinElemi resin
Heart Notes Heart NotesAtlas cedarAtlas cedar PatchouliPatchouli
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver

Submitted by Skylab, last update on 09.05.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is British actor Robert Pattinson.

Devisive For No Reason
I understand people love the original Dior Homme especially the 2016 and 2011 formulations. However, I've received at least one compliment every time I've worn this scent. Accept this is different, move on... I'm learning women love this scent. Batting a 1.000 on this one I wore it today and got two random "you smell nice" comments on this one. Enjoy people.

Lovely masculine fragrance
I've never loved Dior Homme line simply because I've never been able to correlate that sweet, powdery scent with the name "Homme". These scents don't correlate with my point of view of what "masculine" in perfumery means. The first time I smelled DH 2020, I was so surprised and happy that Dior finally made really woody, fresh, masculine scent that is comparable to Terre or some Guerlain male fragrances. DH 2020 is to me waaay more masculine than the original one, and to my taste light years ahead of Sauvage. If Sauvage were 20 years old boy, DH 2020 would be 35 years old gentleman! I love the vetiver note especially when combined with the fresh citrus notes and other woods. It is understandable that many people are "offended" by this reformulation but I think the original Homme line shouldn't have been named "Homme" in the first place. Don't get me wrong, this line is/was unique and maybe one of the best releases in the designer world, but as I said I don't find them particularly masculine. I hope that Dior will keep the old fragrances available for many years to come, but in the same time I love this new direction that started with DH2020. I love the scent! The two recent releases Prada LR Ocean and Davidoff CW parfume have a quite a similar idea behind, but not so well executed. Anyway, if you look for something quite similar but cheaper I would go for these two alternatives.
My favorite scent !
To take one thing up front: Yes, the naming on the part of Dior has turned out very unfortunate, and yes the fragrance has nothing to do with the former "Hommé". But exactly why he likes with so much, the iris note is completely missing, the fragrance is fresh, spicy and woody.
A detailed description of the fragrance development I would like to leave to others, there are enough excellent reviews. Only so much: The top note starts bombastic: fresh, citrusy, slightly woody. The fruitiness of the grapefruit quickly fades and you're left with an increasingly woody scent, but the freshness lingers surprisingly long. At no point is it too heavy or overbearing. And that's exactly what I love about this scent: I don't want to bother anyone with my perfume. I wear all fragrances close to my body and am not a fan of being smelled two meters away. Dior Homme does just that, it's fresh, masculine, doesn't offend and yet has character. Despite a large collection, I have noticed how I really almost exclusively reach for Dior Hommé, the fragrance just always goes.
I can only put everyone to the heart to test the fragrance, without bothering with his name. He is the "new" man, interpreted by Dior. Modern and yet somehow classic, fresh and unobtrusive. In my opinion absolutely signature-worthy, for others possibly a bit boring. But that's the beauty of it: everyone smells fragrances differently
Ralph99
The image of the modern man
Jaja I know, this is no longer a Dior Homme blabla...
Clearly, the no longer fits into the series. Has he therefore partly earned so underground bad reviews? NO!

Dior Homme 2020 smells simply like the modern, well-dressed gentleman.
The timeless woody and citrus notes combined with the more modern ISO E Super, creates the new definition of an everyday masculine fragrance.

It is woody fresh with a pleasant, slightly transparent sillage.
With DH2020 you do nothing wrong and comes guaranteed well in his environment.

H / S is in the mediocrity. However, one is here also quickly Nose-blind.

All in all, a fantastic signature candidate.

Love, a mainstream sniffer.
Luraco
Sometimes it just has to be simple
Greetings friends, I thought I'd try my hand at my first review and what fragrance fits there for me better than Dior Homme 2020. Relatively acquired at the beginning of my "perfume journey" and since then never left my side like countless other (stupid!) blind buys.

First, I want to quickly clarify how he smells at all: for me delicately woody, with citrus in the prelude. Later in the drydown, the white musk pokes through and mixes with the woods to usher in a quiet but very pleasant finish. Every now and then I get barbershop associations, though not stale ones, no it's modern as can be. Has for me a down-to-earth and reliable character.H/S is fine, as known ISO-E-Super quickly triggers nose blindness if you're not careful.

I can partially agree with the criticism of Dior's marketing. To "replace" such an iconic range with an admittedly simplistic fragrance is indeed a bit bizarre. On the other hand, I can understand it. I've tried all the old Dior Homme versions and treasure them very much. However, I would never want to wear them on me more often, they are somehow too oppressive and annoying almost for that. Like a beautiful painting that you wouldn't hang up at home, or a sweet that makes you nauseous at some point. Since I see Dior Homme 2020 already rather as a fragrance for today's zeitgeist.

Thus, I come to the final point, which some can safely skip; impression on others. Personally, I avoid strong fragrances, which often tick. Why? Even though I wear perfume primarily for me, I would not feel comfortable if I knew that I was disturbing others. Those are bad manners for me, you can't "smell away" unfortunately.
With this fragrance I don't have to worry about such an issue at all, I highly doubt anyone will find this repulsive. Thus, he is the perfect signature fragrance for me.

Sometimes it just has to be simple.

Please no.
Maybe it's just me having an idea on my mind about what should offer a brand like Dior ( extend it to Chanel, Hermes... ) . Too much wordiness, a huge history, big budgets so... one expects something more luxurious.

Instead of that I get a somewhat bland, boring, chemical scent with that feeling of being "just another one".

Does it smell bad? Not particulary, not specially good neither.
Does it perform well? The same.
Can I dissect the notes, accords...? Sorry me, I usually watch YouTube reviews and they appear to be made by sadly lost naturally-talented non perfumers ( irony? ) . In my case I could say many things, specially looking at the listed notes but I'd be being a bit imaginative, adventurous.

Kind of Bleu edt vibe.

That's my experience. Its sillage maybe smell better as often happens with this kind of perfumes.
KayDeCologne
Terre de Hermes for the poor
I'll be brief: Dior Homme 2020 was a real disappointment for me. Had already grasped the controversial reviews, but was very open-minded and optimistic that would be the already somehow my gusto.
I also own the DHI - which I like extremely well - and was of course also briefed that the so beloved iris is NOT included here. But woody-fresh is quite my thing and Dior is yes already once a brand promise. So I Ritsch-Ratsch disposed of the outer packaging and pulled the trigger without hesitation ... And then this: It smells... like Terre de Hermes... But somehow watered down. I have then really 3 x on different days a new attempt started (it happens more often that fragrances only later "ignite" with me), but it remains: mine is not. The best thing about it. I have him almost the same price again on eBay vertitscht
Basic solid fragrance experience
...Was tested without expectations and knowing that me not the typical Dior Homme smell so far.
Interesting I felt the fragrance right away. On me he has pleased me only after a while. Meanwhile, he does. Cool, mature, liniar and masculine. Super for the cold season and as a pendant to the sweet scents

Creating a future classic
What defines a modern masculine scent? Is it the predominantly woody scent trail that is often stripped down to its base, a trend started by none other than Hermes Terre d’Hermes back in 2005 that is finally starting to catch up just now?

Or, does it lie somewhere between the fuzzy citruses that are enveloped in ambroxan found in fragrances such as Dior’s Sauvage, and Paco Rabanne’s Invictus sweetness? Well, maybe the truth is somewhere in between, and interchangeable trends always seem to shift their winds where the masses lie.

Take it as you will, but rest assured that the 2020s will be marked as the decade of the approachable, and safe woody scents, moving away from the “blue scent” trend in the 2010s.

Here are my 5 quick takes:

- Latest generation masculine trendsetter
- One of the best compliment getting all year round signature fragrance
- Created by Francois Demachy in 2020
- Great value for money
- Lacks true development

The bergamot here is in the vein of Sauvage, natural, but different than the one found let us say in Montblanc Explorer. Also, a natural note of bergamot there, and surprisingly, an identical molecule found also in Bohemian Lime from Goldfield & Banks fragrance.

The pepper accord cuts through the citruses, making it sharp, and interestingly, airy during the opening, and giving a scent a touch of coldness before the overdose of woodiness and ambery heart take the forefront.

Never overpowering, and always at the right amount of projection, the transition to heart notes is smooth and never feeling like you as the wearing is smelling anything but clean, and masculine.

What surprised me about the middle stage was that not until I tried Dior Homme 2020 on my skin, the scent which resembles that aroma of the warm skin you get while being on the beach was not present at all.

All I got on paper strips were woods, citruses, and spices, and it just proves that the best way to test a perfume is directly on the skin.

The middle stage is where I feel this perfume is at its best. By the time the dry down is reached, what we are left with are soft traces of cedar and white musk, similar to that one in Dior Homme Cologne.

I do feel the presence of everything that came before in the opening and in the heart notes, but in a more subtle way.

Give it a try, you might be surprised.

Check out my Parfumo profile to find out how can you read full reviews on my website.
Modern Man by Dior
After my statement now a slightly more detailed review.

Dior Homme has probably always been a statement, unmistakable DNA. And now a complete reformulation?? WTF, Dior...How dare you and Shame!

It is probably as with good books or series, to keep a certain standard with which especially the loyal fans are also satisfied is probably the high art. But now once hand on the heart, is the iris note still something very special that distinguishes Dior? Prada l'homme or Valentino Uomo Intense let greet, which are more than an alternative.

At some point, you have to break away and maybe that uniquely powdery fragrance DNA doesn't fit in today. As much as I love the original version, this is not a modern Scent to me. Quite the opposite, I see the original version rather as a classic, but for that I appreciate him especially.

I have taken a lot of time to form a final judgment. For me, the fragrance reflects the modern man, free of necessarily unique to have to be, to more personality, clear edges and yet playful, seductive, all that I find in it. The clip with Robert Pattinson fits perfectly.

So I can get over the fact that Dior Homme 2020 isn't unique and distinctive. In fact, it is unique to me how the woody and spicy harmonize and the fragrance is still fresh. Because actually, the very notes spicy and woody are something that would tend to put me off, but here it's just so playfully light, which is exactly what I love. I feel the fragrance DNA and the course also as very natural and high-quality. The addition of 2020 you can actually dispense with, Dior Homme has succeeded very well in my view, to break away from conventions and create something new, independent.

For more projection keep to the Fragrance Rule No 1: stop being a sissy sprayer ;)
ps. All those who want to see a professional fragrance description and who are wondering what Dior has actually done and thought exactly in the reformulation, I recommend the video of Aaron Teence Hughes about it (https://youtu.be/K5sQC-ldo2s). I'm still curious about whether there will also be a new Intense version and which note is then still strengthened or added.

EsserEsser 2 months ago
Hated at the begining but with time grew on me. A versatile woody fragrance for a classy gentleman.
Zebra782Zebra782 2 months ago
A "blue fragrance" disguised as a Dior Homme that is actually way better than most "blue fragrances" in the market today.
Yann33Yann33 2 months ago
I don't like thé smell if i put my nose directly on my skin, but thé sillage is absolutly amazing .....
ElysiumElysium 7 months ago
So diverse from the original, with no lipstick vibe, yet so good in its simplicity.
I'd have given it another name. Dior Homme confuses me.
InbnkInbnk 8 months ago
I like this. Masculine fresh woody vibe. I dont get why point is low maybe from who some nostalgic from old ver. So ridiculous.
DoctorJayDoctorJay 9 months ago
Reminds me of Bleu de Chanel EDT but I prefer the Chanel. Not different enough to buy IMO.
50something50something 10 months ago
Love this juice. Never liked the fem stuff. Glad they changed it to something masculine. Call this DH Alpha, than you have DHI B, for Beta.
StolzmanStolzman 1 year ago
Big disappointment. Dior Homme line is dead.
Corporate decisions destroyed this line.
SmellGoodGuySmellGoodGuy 1 year ago
I'm sorry. This is just good. A versatile, gentlemanly, scent..
KuraiKurai 1 year ago
So much polarization, all because of a name *smh* DH2020 = Fine quality, old school woody, but lacks excitement

Hase: Haddu Möhrchen? DH 2020: Nein, hab ich nicht! ;) Danke euch für das schöne Feedback!
by Flanker
by Lacrimalus
Ich finde diesen Eisblock-Flakon einfach wunderschön!
by Parzival852
by Gauloises777
by Inbnk
by Inbnk

Popular by Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior