Dior Homme Original (2011)Eau de Toilette

Version from 2011
Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Bottle Design Tsutomu Kiyama

Top 11 in Men's Perfume
Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2011. The scent is powdery-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Sage
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Tuscan orris absolute, Cocoa, Guatemala cardamom
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Patchouli, Haitian vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 05.07.2020.

In 2020, Dior began to refer to the original Dior Homme as 'Dior Homme Original'.

It's the women's fault!
Like this! Always! And Guerlain. It was the cuddly patchouli in Heritage EdP and Habit Rouge EdT and especially its ripe vanilla that awakened my longing for a gourmand hug. And this woman who had sent me stark naked into cold, dark nights of heartache. Yes, right and thank you, my dear Bob (Dylan): "When all else fails I make it a matter of self-respect", but when the pain became greater than the defiance again: Then this broken man was just an oh-so lovesick little youth and just wanted to sit on my lap again!

So, in preparation for what felt like the eternal ice age, I went to my perfumery in my wounded heart to visit my fragrance mum, "What could also be for you is Dior Homme. This has just been renewed, but I still have a bottle of the original. I think it's much nicer than the new one!"
On my arm there was a small isolated field free of scents and on it Mama Pieper gave me some sprayers and as always a small test bottle, which I did not open at all. With a short impression of beautiful lavender and something else I went there and sniffed again and again. There was powder, 'hmm-but-beautiful!' and a little powder gives my revered Pour Monsieur EdP that noble, sophisticated grace, I was open and excited and there was already melted amber butter and something pleasantly spicy. Wow! And then... and then a thousand tiny dark cocoa beans exploded on my skin! There I was, in my lap. You'll be fine, okay, a little bit, but still! At this point I had already opened this website and wanted to read up on the legendary fragrance, which I had ignored for almost a decade, but this refined, wicked magic in my nose, I had to go right back, I wanted this 'one bottle from the original'!
Waiting for the drydown? No way! This can only end magically and after all, the base notes listed here were just too much appreciated and what Dior Homme would do with them could only be magic, I had no doubt about that and I wasn't disappointed. The long finish is a masterfully woven patchouli carpet with striking veticule patterns and fine but strong leather fringes and over all this noble fabric hovers this Parisian powdery glow like a very fine, very light glitter dust until the end. Hach! The true delight!
In a word: Dior Homme is dense and intense. When I bought it, I was still intoxicated by the tiny scent island my perfume counsellor had sprayed on me and after buying it I showered my forearm in Dior Homme. That was an overdose, the first false purchase visions the direct result. After several weeks with many cloudy days and breaks in between, Dior Homme has finally conquered me. I appreciate balmy summer evenings as the compatible heat limit for this fragrance and it probably marks my personal gourmandism limit, but what I want to say is: it always works, but if Dior Homme is too much, too sweet or too feminine (keyword lipstick), I recommend: take a small dose and give it time and let it surprise you. As superficial as it may appear, it is as complex as it is
My private winter is far from over, but I am looking forward to the official cool autumn evenings and cold winter days, because there Dior Homme will caress and warm me. And maybe someone else as well!
Reo
Favorite scent among the "cheap"
I have had the fragrance since 2016 and I think that year the batch was simply the best. I find the fragrance very pleasant and radiates a certain masculinity when you wear it. Very elegant bottle and really not expensive for a good perfume. The only weak point, I find the durability of the perfume on the skin very ridiculous. From home to university and the fragrance is hardly noticed by my environment anymore.

Back to memory lane
Interesting thing is... I actually blind bought this when I was like 14 LOL... based on various positive reviews. I can clearly recall the moment that I received the package (I've been wearing CK free and Burberry London at this point), I was so excited. DH looks so classic and elegant....However, the smell of the box is weird...Let me spray..
BAM! What the HECK is this S*? I immediately contacted the retailer and asked for a return and thank God(at that moment) the retailer was kind enough to let me return the juice. In my heart I said, oh heck no, I ain't gonna try no iris fragrance no more.

Now I'm at my Senior year in college, after trying quite a few frags, I came across quite a few lists on youtube that contains DH. I was like hmm... wonder if I'll like it now.
Got a gift card, spent it on DH. Just arrived today.
Man, exactly like I remembered. Except for this time, I find the smell so fitting to me. It's elegant, mysterious, mature.

I'm having quite a nostalgia with this scent. As I look back, remembering all the stupidity of me in junior high.
Man, it feels good to be 22. Even though I still feel like a rookie to this world, glad I can enjoy DH now
MajorTom
The one in the shadow of the Sauvage
Probably many people feel the same as I do, when the name Dior is mentioned, one of the first associations is Sauvage.

A fragrance that is well done, but in my opinion has become too mainstream due to the countless and massive (though highly successful) marketing campaigns. Hardly any traffic junction, hardly any shopping mall, where at least two or three men are not walking around wearing this scent. And sometimes they are so overdosed that you just can't hand them over.

All the more interesting, then, perhaps one that has been standing in the shadow of the great Sauvage in recent years, namely Dior Homme. I haven't smelled this fragrance for a long time, and in times of the corona virus, which has forced all the fragrance temples in the world to close, it's not so easy to get hold of samples anywhere. In the end, however, I got hold of one and immediately tested it again, because I'm not quite sure why no Dior has made it into my collection so far.

The start is surprisingly fresh for me, I smell essentially bergamot, and for a few seconds I feel reminded of the blu mediterraneo line of Acqua di Parma, some fragrances start slightly similar. But the more powerful are the differences between the two fragrances
Because Dior Homme really loses this touch of freshness on my skin after a very short time. And I sit there and think about what the fragrance actually brings out. Iris, yes, definitely, makes the whole arrangement incredibly soft and also a bit sweetish. But somehow - and you'll have to forgive the expression - the fragrance seems dusty to me. Only after some time do I think of the more appropriate word, namely powdery. And that's exactly how Dior Homme sticks to me for hours with this powder-sweet mixture, which is not really mine.

After this initial twist in this direction, I don't see any further development, which is not bad, but the leather in the base note I can't perceive with the best will in the world, patchouli and certainly not vetiver penetrate my nose
When I now look at the ratings here and see an 8.5 on average, I wonder if I have a completely different perception. Because the scent simply does not reach me. Not that it is badly made, if you like soft and sweet representatives, you can be quite happy here. Unfortunately, this is nothing for me, so I have a hard time with the very high note.

There is no reason for discussion about Dior Homme at the Sillage (my environment reacted promptly even after one hour, ("have a new scent? Actually not your splint at all"), durability as already mentioned above on a very decent level, with me on the skin we are talking about a full nine hours.
The bottle itself fits well with Dior and the fragrance, simple but elegant.

And that may well sum it up, Dior Homme is a thoroughly elegant fragrance that doesn't suit everyone, but rightly has its fans, but I probably won't be one of them anymore in my life.
Elegant-fresh
Was originally on my way to get DHI, as I became aware of the scent here due to the good rating. When I sprayed DHI on myself I was already quite excited about the scent. Went for another walk so the scent could develop. After one hour the scent was nice and pleasant, and smelled m.M.n.classic of this "Dior Lipstick", combined with vanilla. However, something was missing in the fragrance, so I did not decide to buy immediately. Then I reached for the Dior-Homme and wanted to test it. This was the 2020 version, which was not at all convincing. A staff member offered me her help and said that she still had the old version (2011) of the Dior-Homme and that I should try it. Didn't fight it, of course. Wow, he was something else. Smells like the DHI, but with rough edges, exactly mine. Elegance combined with a light freshness. After 30 minutes the scent still convinced me, so I decided to buy it. Unfortunately, I cannot say exactly which individual scents (possibly sage and lavender) convinced me of this water, but DH smells a little fresher compared to DHI and therefore more interesting for me. The durability is better with the DHI, but I still get 6 hours with the DH, which is a solid value. Due to its light freshness, DH is also ideal as an everyday or office fragrance and can be worn all year round, except perhaps summer. Definitely one of my favourite scents!
Absolute classic
The freshest of the Dior Homme Trio. I actually got the fragrance last from the trio and you can immediately see that Dior Homme has much more similarities to the perfume than to the Intense version The fragrance begins fresh and powdery where the main focus is on the combination of bergamot and iris.
After a while, the fragrance changes to a sweet and powdery note, where the iris note is supported by cocoa, cardamom and light notes of leather.
In summary, I can probably say that each of the three Dior Homme's are very successful fragrances through and through, which are intended for cooler days and can convince of very good quality

Signature scent worthy
One of the most beautiful fragrances ever made. I have a 2016 bottle which I use as my daily scent. It opens really bright and fresh, then it develops into a soft beautiful floral, with the leather supporting the composition from beginning until the end. Somehow the leather note is quite pronounced on my skin making it a very masculine fragrance.

I wish this fragrance would have better projection and longevity, though. This becomes skin scent on me after about 3-4 hours. Sometimes I layer this fragrance on top of Dior Homme Intense when I need an additional boost of performance. I even plan on mixing the two bottles together in one!

The Star of the Show
Dior Homme is the greatest masterpiece of Dior, although not the most hyped in the fragrance community, fortunately.

Its magic resides in its rendition as an "Adagio espressivo" and not as the "Vivace fortissimo" that prevails in some of its most famous flankers.

Dior Homme was the fragrance that initiated a new paradigm of sophistication for men, being copied multiple times by major brands and designers.... Even within Dior's own brand.

So yes, It has started a new fragrance trend which is characterized by the use of Iris - instead of Ambroxan -. Oddly, the "fragrance snobs" still don't call that line of derivative formulas: "Generic" - and there are dozens of them, now -; the only certain thing is that none of that "inspired fragrances" has achieved the perfection of Dior Homme. The success of some of these flankers and copies lies in what they offer, which is specifically more "loudness" ... And we live in a world where being "more" seems better.

... But that is not always true, and the resulting side effect in them is the loss of many, many nuances and the "musical degradation of the perfect score": Magic has never been in the iris note and no, elegance isn't a "lipstick vibe".

On the other hand, there's a legend that Dior Homme smells feminine and is absolutely false; I recognize that the initial note of iris can disorient when you smell it in a tester, for the first time. Right... But it doesn't smell feminine when you wear it: Dior Homme is exactly the scent of a modern gentleman.

What is possible, is that you have to wear a proper look... Maybe it'll give that feminine vibe to a bearded biker, full of tattoos, skewers, leather and chains... But that doesn't happen if you wear a business suit. Or a Tuxedo. Be confident, you can be sure.

... And if I remember correctly, Christian Dior never was a designer that made fashion for bearded bikers.

I have to say at this point that IMHO, Dior Homme Intense is much more feminine than Dior Homme. Yes, it's "louder", but so is the "lipstick & powdery vibe" and the iris note, which is much more isolated and sharper. It loses the audacity of the citrus accompaniment and is sheltered in a dominant and sweeter cocoa base, which loses its "dry" and woody nuances; the result is a great fragrance, no doubt - it has the DNA of the original - but more feminine, loud and coarse. And something similar happens with Dior Homme Parfum.

Instead, the original Dior Homme balances the iris, bergamot, laverder and sage notes with master precision, making them part of a perfect olfactory harmony; this section of the scent is clean, fresh and refreshing.... Pure boldness and elegance.

Then, this section is padded with the notes of cocoa and amber, in a sparkling and warm creaminess... While the vetiver, patchouli and leather begin to be heard, softly, in the piece... As a "crescendo amabile" full of sensuality, that grows to complete the perfect symphony.

... To conclude the analogy with its "prodigal flankers" (DHI & DHP), I would say that Dior Homme is like listening to the Vienna Symphony Orchestra in a magnificent auditorium, and its flankers are like a modern pop group performing at Madison Square Garden with a large section of strings (hired by the record company...).

Now:

- Longevity: > 8h (skin & clothes).
- Projection: Moderate.
- Mood: Confident, elegant, gentlemanly... Bold and classy.
- Scenario & Occasions: From business to formal events and nights, all year round (except days of extreme heat).

Conclusion: A unique creation, the first and true star of the show.
Alex2707
When your little brother snatches your girls away.
The Dior Homme DNA and I are connected by an intimate love. This one found its climax funny enough in Valentino Uomo Intense, who is basically a "better DHI".
I have been allowed to call both DHI and the Dior Homme perfume my own for years.
Both are absolute grenades and I bought them several times.

Dior homme Edt was never interesting for me, because I always assumed that it was a lighter version of DHI. Ohh what a mistake!

Of course, the DNA can also be seen in the Dior Homme Edt, but it is much fresher and more versatile. In my experience he is much more popular with women, with which he clearly snatches the ladies from his big brother DHI :)

He starts citrically with bergamot and sage which is also known from YSL fragrances. It smells very harmonious, fresh and clean. A few woods are also included.
Then the iris tonka beans bomb!
However, this combination is less sticky than in DHI. I also notice a hint of cocoa.

Due to the fresher note it can be used more widely than DHI and due to the often significantly lower price it is a good everyday fragrance.

The Sillage is very strong for an Edt.
The shelf life is a good 5 hours.
Profumorist
We'll be able to say, "We were there."
I have an interesting history of fragrance preferences behind me. I was born in 1980, so my preference for perfumes began around 1994. I wore CK One, CK Be, Cool Water and Tommy Cologne. But also treasures like the old Havana (which I own again!), Fahrenheit, What about Adam or Azzaro pour homme. In the 00s again I wore everything that the local Douglas had in store for Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss, Baldessarini, Kenneth Cole and his friends. Fragrances that all I'm asking myself today are, "How did this happen?" And first of all, sweet fragrances are not really my cup of tea. Le Male, 1 Million & Co. You can't.

Then I discovered Dior Homme for myself. It must have been sometime in 2012. A sweet scent that I liked?! And what a one. A wealth of facets and a quality impression that I didn't know before. Probably no wonder, given the prehistory. This wonderful fresh powdery sweet lavender with a good portion of cocoa. And in the drydown mixed with the vetiver. A unique station wagon. Noble, elegant and suitable for all occasions. For me personally next to Terre d'Hèrmes with the best drydown of a perfume. In addition a very good durability and almost perfect Sillage. The whole thing packed in a pretty stylish bottle.

The eau de toilette. A scent of a master perfumer. And the best in the line. Still worth gold to Dior. The Cashcow, which was praiseworthily not milked at all, as other manufacturers might have done.

The price of his success is merely the frequency with which he is perceived outside with others. But even that will subside one day.

I hope I have awakened the skeptics of sweet-powdery smells the desire to test with this comment. That's really something special.

If we continue to run this community in 20 years, we will probably think back as longingly to this vintage as some people do today with scents like Zino or Antaeus. And we'll be able to say, "We were there."

Greetings

Your Profumorist

ThanosKonThanosKon 5 days ago
Is it only me, or the lavender is too harsh?
Every time I try this perfume (Intense as well) something piercing tires my nostrils.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 86 days ago
Elegant and sexy. I can wear this to work as easily as I can wear it to a date. Starts off fresh, it gradually becomes darker and sexier.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 171 days ago
Manly, well balanced, very well blended and very consensual. It's hard to imagine a safer choice for men.
TruckladyTrucklady 13 months ago
This explains why I volunteered to sharpen all the pencils at the end of a school week. Woody iris divinity!
DavidBrazDavidBraz 22 months ago
If I could just pick one for the rest of my live, probably it would be this. So elegant and versatile. Fits well on a modern and young man.
PMRP12PMRP12 4 years ago
Beautiful composition that evokes elegance and sophistication. Modern metro masculinity defined. Classic, versatile, signature worthy.

Danke euch für die warmen Worte zu der herbstlich-kühlen Strahlen der Nachmittagssonne.
Biss ;-) zum Mond - Happy Halloween
by Florblanca
by Florblanca
by Bejanoir
by Bejanoir
Dior Homme - Lipstick Jungle zum Aufsprühen :)
by Taka
by Nyze29
by NiFu93
by NiFu93
by Parfummaster
Ich wollte Fahrenheit Parfum, meine Frau Dior Homme. Ich habe meine Frau gehört. ;)
by TomDuft
by Toreter
by PikScent
by PikScent

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior