Dior Homme Original 2011 Eau de Toilette

Version from 2011
Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Bottle Design Tsutomu Kiyama
Top 12 in Men's Perfume
Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2011. The scent is powdery-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
LavenderLavender
SageSage
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmberAmber
Florentine iris absoluteFlorentine iris absolute
CocoaCocoa
Guatemala cardamomGuatemala cardamom
Base Notes Base NotesLeatherLeather
PatchouliPatchouli
Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 19.07.2021.

In 2020, Dior began to refer to the original Dior Homme as 'Dior Homme Original'.

Forever in my heart
I do not know where to start.
This fragrance is simply wonderful. This is the fragrance with the most beautiful iris note I was ever allowed to smell. Simply indescribable. The beautiful thing about this fragrance is, you still get it. Every woman falls for the attraction of this fragrance. One of the best fragrances from the house of Dior, only one manages to climb a staircase higher. Look at my other comments ;-)
The masculine compact?
Admittedly: I have struggled with the thought of spraying something on my body which smells to me like one of those "cosmetic bags" :-)

On the test strip he does not blow me away, as a fragrance once tried it was done :D

From the drydown I feel the full persuasive power of this masterpiece...
He lasts very long, settles tageland in garments.... The sillage is terrific!

I am glad to own this fragrance and use it regularly. Maybe not suitable for hot days, but from early autumn to late spring an absolute must :-)
MarcMo
Make me love you, Mr. Lipstick!

Ah, 2015, a great year. Nothing against 2020, of course, that year was also... unique, but 2015? No, this 2020 doesn't come close to a 2015.

It will soon be six years since I "discovered" the site we all love and devote ourselves to so diligently. Back then, on Boxing Day 2014, I had no idea about perfume or the discoveries that were to come my way. Not that I would call myself a scholar today, certainly not. But I have been able to make my experiences with the help of this site, my first conscious perfume decisions can all be traced back to what I have read here. But why now this, my first, comment on a perfume?

Quite simply, this was my first critical engagement with other opinions I had read here. I had previously made blind purchases of fragrances I had come across here. There were some of my favorite fragrances (A*Men Pure Malt, Virgin Island Water, Tobacco Vanilla or even Chergui) and some fragrances that I initially talked myself beautiful, but with which I just could not warm (The Dreamer or Rochas Man).

But Dior Homme was the one fragrance that confused me. Then (December 2015) as now, it was in the top25 men's fragrances on the site and I had heard its name mentioned with reverence in countless videos. "Wow," I thought to myself, "this is it. The one scent you still need." So checked directly with Notino, then still iparfuemerie: 80€. Whew, after VIW and Tobacco Vanille had already taken a mighty toll on my trainee salary, that was a hefty price tag. Especially in the run-up to Christmas, when you had presents to get. So I did something extremely unusual for my then self: I did not buy the bottle blindly on the Internet, but drove with a buddy to Bremen, 80 kilometers away, to "taste" the fragrance there.

No sooner said than done, we both in the Opel Astra juckelt into the Hanseatic city, off to the Douglas, Dior Homme pulled from the shelf, off on the strip - Baaah. That was supposed to be him? This was supposed to be the number 13 best fragrance for men? If this was the mountaintop, I didn't even want to smell the plateaus below.

Lipstick in a dark wooden box, drowned out by a powder glaze as thicker and could not be.

I was so insanely disappointed, 10€ gas money for nothing, now it could only be called home. No, I didn't want to smell like that, I was physically repulsed. That smelled to me like the wooden make-up box of an aged lady.

Luckily my mate persuaded me to stay a bit longer, he needed some more jeans and would like to browse the shops next door. Actually, I just wanted to go home, but it was after all his car. So we walked through the shops like this. And quickly I noticed it: when applying the scent to the test strip, a few splashes had probably landed on my wrist. I remember it like today: I tried to rub them off with some water, rub them out, erase them. The main thing is no longer on my skin, I was sure I had found my personal fragrance nemesis.

But Dior Homme, Mr. Lipstick, knew better. He wasn't going to surrender, he wasn't going to let me go, he knew that a coercive relationship was the best thing for everyone involved in this case. And as much as I resisted, he was starting to please me. The harsh opening gave way to a delicious heart note and later a base note to kneel down in, a warm veil enveloped me and I couldn't stop smelling my wrist.

I left my buddy outside the dressing room and 5 minutes later bought my first bottle of Dior Homme. It was the first time a fragrance had simply overwhelmed me, turned me against itself, only to win me over in a long, cozy embrace.

I often and fondly think back to that winter day 5 years ago. Every single perfume surrounded then this certain magic, which after enjoying so many different fragrances, now and then you have to manually in front of your eyes again. Never before and never after has a perfume grabbed me as emotionally as Dior Homme did on a moderately cold winter day in 2015. Never since then have I been able to perceive the top note exactly the way I did back then. And yet, that fragrance is always associated with it in me.

Thank you for your years together, Mr. Lipstick.

Theking1893
In my all-time top three
Dior Homme will probably be in my top three forever. I still have a 150 ml bottle before the reformulation and use it sparingly now, although it still contains 140 ml :D

DH is for me the perfect office fragrance for October to March (actually it always works). Perfect potency for these situations and a steadfastness that gets me through a 10 hour day. Elegant, high-quality, woody, persistent, sexy, yet fresh ... DH meets with me everything that I like in a perfume.

Unfortunately I can't say anything about the current version and I have been reluctant to test it so far
Dior Homme Reformulated
So it's really hard to keep track with Dior. So I'm trying to give you a little overview.
The Dior Homme line was launched in 2005. The perfumer is Olivier Polge. The son of the legendary Jaques Polge. His father was Chanel's head perfumer for decades. Olivier had to earn his money at other brands before he took over his father's job at Chanel a few years ago. In my opinion, Olivier has created a real masterpiece with the Dior Homme line. In the world of design, the fragrance Iris was underrepresented until now and here it has now been artfully staged. I love Iris. I find by far the most elegant fragrance in men's fragrances. In 2011 Dior Homme was reworked by Francois Demachy, but kept the characteristic iris note. Then, at the beginning of this year, the absolute superstardom. Dior reworked the fragrance again, but in a completely new way. The new Dior Homme has absolutely nothing to do with its predecessor. What's the point of Dior? What customer should understand that? I don't want to comment on the quality of the latest version. Simply disappointing. Fortunately the 2011 version is still available online directly from Dior, now under the name Dior Homme Original. A reformulated version of Dior Homme Intense and Dior Homme Perfume is also still available. So if you want to buy the original character, you should go for the Intens version or the two versions that are only available online. Here you really get the quality of a niche fragrance at a designer's price.
However, the marketing of Dior is a disaster and actually not worthy of such a venerable Parisian luxury house. I wear Dior Homme Original in my everyday life and I like to wear Dior Homme perfume on special occasions. Both great classics
It's the women's fault!
Like this! Always! And Guerlain. It was the cuddly patchouli in Heritage EdP and Habit Rouge EdT and especially its ripe vanilla that awakened my longing for a gourmand hug. And this woman who had sent me stark naked into cold, dark nights of heartache. Yes, right and thank you, my dear Bob (Dylan): "When all else fails I make it a matter of self-respect", but when the pain became greater than the defiance again: Then this broken man was just an oh-so lovesick little youth and just wanted to sit on my lap again!

So, in preparation for what felt like the eternal ice age, I went to my perfumery in my wounded heart to visit my fragrance mum, "What could also be for you is Dior Homme. This has just been renewed, but I still have a bottle of the original. I think it's much nicer than the new one!"
On my arm there was a small isolated field free of scents and on it Mama Pieper gave me some sprayers and as always a small test bottle, which I did not open at all. With a short impression of beautiful lavender and something else I went there and sniffed again and again. There was powder, 'hmm-but-beautiful!' and a little powder gives my revered Pour Monsieur EdP that noble, sophisticated grace, I was open and excited and there was already melted amber butter and something pleasantly spicy. Wow! And then... and then a thousand tiny dark cocoa beans exploded on my skin! There I was, in my lap. You'll be fine, okay, a little bit, but still! At this point I had already opened this website and wanted to read up on the legendary fragrance, which I had ignored for almost a decade, but this refined, wicked magic in my nose, I had to go right back, I wanted this 'one bottle from the original'!
Waiting for the drydown? No way! This can only end magically and after all, the base notes listed here were just too much appreciated and what Dior Homme would do with them could only be magic, I had no doubt about that and I wasn't disappointed. The long finish is a masterfully woven patchouli carpet with striking veticule patterns and fine but strong leather fringes and over all this noble fabric hovers this Parisian powdery glow like a very fine, very light glitter dust until the end. Hach! The true delight!
In a word: Dior Homme is dense and intense. When I bought it, I was still intoxicated by the tiny scent island my perfume counsellor had sprayed on me and after buying it I showered my forearm in Dior Homme. That was an overdose, the first false purchase visions the direct result. After several weeks with many cloudy days and breaks in between, Dior Homme has finally conquered me. I appreciate balmy summer evenings as the compatible heat limit for this fragrance and it probably marks my personal gourmandism limit, but what I want to say is: it always works, but if Dior Homme is too much, too sweet or too feminine (keyword lipstick), I recommend: take a small dose and give it time and let it surprise you. As superficial as it may appear, it is as complex as it is
My private winter is far from over, but I am looking forward to the official cool autumn evenings and cold winter days, because there Dior Homme will caress and warm me. And maybe someone else as well!
Reo
Favorite scent among the "cheap"
I have had the fragrance since 2016 and I think that year the batch was simply the best. I find the fragrance very pleasant and radiates a certain masculinity when you wear it. Very elegant bottle and really not expensive for a good perfume. The only weak point, I find the durability of the perfume on the skin very ridiculous. From home to university and the fragrance is hardly noticed by my environment anymore.

Back to memory lane
Interesting thing is... I actually blind bought this when I was like 14 LOL... based on various positive reviews. I can clearly recall the moment that I received the package (I've been wearing CK free and Burberry London at this point), I was so excited. DH looks so classic and elegant....However, the smell of the box is weird...Let me spray..
BAM! What the HECK is this S*? I immediately contacted the retailer and asked for a return and thank God(at that moment) the retailer was kind enough to let me return the juice. In my heart I said, oh heck no, I ain't gonna try no iris fragrance no more.

Now I'm at my Senior year in college, after trying quite a few frags, I came across quite a few lists on youtube that contains DH. I was like hmm... wonder if I'll like it now.
Got a gift card, spent it on DH. Just arrived today.
Man, exactly like I remembered. Except for this time, I find the smell so fitting to me. It's elegant, mysterious, mature.

I'm having quite a nostalgia with this scent. As I look back, remembering all the stupidity of me in junior high.
Man, it feels good to be 22. Even though I still feel like a rookie to this world, glad I can enjoy DH now
MajorTom
The one in the shadow of the Sauvage
Probably many people feel the same as I do, when the name Dior is mentioned, one of the first associations is Sauvage.

A fragrance that is well done, but in my opinion has become too mainstream due to the countless and massive (though highly successful) marketing campaigns. Hardly any traffic junction, hardly any shopping mall, where at least two or three men are not walking around wearing this scent. And sometimes they are so overdosed that you just can't hand them over.

All the more interesting, then, perhaps one that has been standing in the shadow of the great Sauvage in recent years, namely Dior Homme. I haven't smelled this fragrance for a long time, and in times of the corona virus, which has forced all the fragrance temples in the world to close, it's not so easy to get hold of samples anywhere. In the end, however, I got hold of one and immediately tested it again, because I'm not quite sure why no Dior has made it into my collection so far.

The start is surprisingly fresh for me, I smell essentially bergamot, and for a few seconds I feel reminded of the blu mediterraneo line of Acqua di Parma, some fragrances start slightly similar. But the more powerful are the differences between the two fragrances
Because Dior Homme really loses this touch of freshness on my skin after a very short time. And I sit there and think about what the fragrance actually brings out. Iris, yes, definitely, makes the whole arrangement incredibly soft and also a bit sweetish. But somehow - and you'll have to forgive the expression - the fragrance seems dusty to me. Only after some time do I think of the more appropriate word, namely powdery. And that's exactly how Dior Homme sticks to me for hours with this powder-sweet mixture, which is not really mine.

After this initial twist in this direction, I don't see any further development, which is not bad, but the leather in the base note I can't perceive with the best will in the world, patchouli and certainly not vetiver penetrate my nose
When I now look at the ratings here and see an 8.5 on average, I wonder if I have a completely different perception. Because the scent simply does not reach me. Not that it is badly made, if you like soft and sweet representatives, you can be quite happy here. Unfortunately, this is nothing for me, so I have a hard time with the very high note.

There is no reason for discussion about Dior Homme at the Sillage (my environment reacted promptly even after one hour, ("have a new scent? Actually not your splint at all"), durability as already mentioned above on a very decent level, with me on the skin we are talking about a full nine hours.
The bottle itself fits well with Dior and the fragrance, simple but elegant.

And that may well sum it up, Dior Homme is a thoroughly elegant fragrance that doesn't suit everyone, but rightly has its fans, but I probably won't be one of them anymore in my life.
Absolute classic
The freshest of the Dior Homme Trio. I actually got the fragrance last from the trio and you can immediately see that Dior Homme has much more similarities to the perfume than to the Intense version The fragrance begins fresh and powdery where the main focus is on the combination of bergamot and iris.
After a while, the fragrance changes to a sweet and powdery note, where the iris note is supported by cocoa, cardamom and light notes of leather.
In summary, I can probably say that each of the three Dior Homme's are very successful fragrances through and through, which are intended for cooler days and can convince of very good quality

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 3 months ago
Very classy and powdery scent. One of the best allrounders in my collection. It even more special to me since its discontinued
JoloJolo 4 months ago
Dior's best creation. Don't look for the flankers or the vintage, Original EdT is the one.
JFP26JFP26 5 months ago
Elegance in a bottle! Sexy versatilly scent. Starts fresh and then turns into a beautifull powdery iris. Longlasting. My all time favourite!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
Classic scent for modern men. The iris is smooth, cozy, powdery and perfectly blended with the sweet cocoa.
TamashiiTamashii 12 months ago
absolutely magnificent
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 1 year ago
Elegant and sexy. I can wear this to work as easily as I can wear it to a date. Starts off fresh, it gradually becomes darker and sexier.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Manly, well balanced, very well blended and very consensual. It's hard to imagine a safer choice for men.
TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
This explains why I volunteered to sharpen all the pencils at the end of a school week. Woody iris divinity!
DavidBrazDavidBraz 3 years ago
If I could just pick one for the rest of my live, probably it would be this. So elegant and versatile. Fits well on a modern and young man.
PMRP12PMRP12 5 years ago
Beautiful composition that evokes elegance and sophistication. Modern metro masculinity defined. Classic, versatile, signature worthy.

Danke euch für die warmen Worte zu der herbstlich-kühlen Strahlen der Nachmittagssonne.
by Profumosam
by MightyMike
by MightyMike
by Bejanoir
by Bejanoir
Dior Homme - Lipstick Jungle zum Aufsprühen :)
by Taka
by Moriarty
by Moriarty
by Nyze29
by Nyze29
by NiFu93
by NiFu93
by Parfummaster
Ich wollte Fahrenheit Parfum, meine Frau Dior Homme. Ich habe meine Frau gehört. ;)
by TomDuft
by Toreter
by PikScent
by PikScent

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior