Joy 2019Eau de Parfum Intense

Joy (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dior
Joy (Eau de Parfum Intense) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesGrasse jasmine, Grasse rose
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Musk, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 12.01.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actress Jennifer Lawrence.

Shared joy...
... is double joy - shared suffering is half suffering.

As a child I was surprised at the apparent contradiction of this saying.

But my grandma taught me that sharing something is always positive.
In the course of my life I recognized the truth in her words.

I always like to let someone else "take part" in something - because it is generous
And also Joy lets me share in his joy - without being stingy.
It wants to convey joy - and has the will to please.
I appreciate that - as well as this very intention of Joy EdP.

Intense has not been improved or worsened - it is on par with the EdP.
The neroli cools the flowering parts a bit - which is quite pleasant at higher temperatures - but it is not a strict summer scent - rather summery - and I can use this attitude in winter as well.
The vanilla, on the other hand, is warm and soft, and patch floats over it.
Sandalwood nestles this friendly scent confidentially against the skin - and conveys a sense of wellbeing.

His kindness is really gratifying.

I don't know yet which version of joy I will choose - but I can't go wrong with the choice.

Massive Mass Pleaser
I'm a guy and got this as a sample in a recent purchase of Eau Sauvage FYI

Upon initial spray, my first thought was generic. I can't blame it because the note of Rose is almost present in all feminine fragrances so..

This smells younger than Miss Dior, but still mature enough that it wouldn't seem right on a high schooler. Very very nice and natural smelling rose and jasmine blend. Superbly blended I gotta say it is extremely pleasant to smell. The Neroli and bergamot makes the scent very refreshing so even though the projection is quite good it is still suitable for summer wear.

Now, onto the best part of the fragrance. You know, sometimes when we smell something(especially after a big inhale), when we exhale, our nose leave us with this impression of a smell that's different than whatever we just caught a whiff off(think of an after-tase).
The after taste of this fragrance is the sandalwood and vanilla. And that's what makes it slightly mature.
The scent itself is prominently floral, but not sweet. Even with the added vanilla, I'm getting more of a oriental, spicy vanilla than a gourmand vanilla. Quite a linear scent but it is very pleasant.

I can totally call this the female counter part to sauvage EDP. It is pleasant, mass pleasing, long lasting and linear.
Nevertheless, a definite quality offer from my favorite house.

Highly recommend it from a guy's perspective. In my opinion it is very feminine smelling, can't see a guy pull this off.

250 Jahre Ludwig von Beethoven.
by Baeumchen
Ich verspüre viel  Freude bei uns auf dem Balkon, in unserer Natur. Es blüht, duftet, trielliert,...
by Baeumchen

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior