Oud Rosewood 2020

Oud Rosewood by Dior
Oud Rosewood is a new perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is oriental-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Quince, Raspberry, Sandalwood, Rosewood, Oud

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 06.06.2021.

4.5
Leprince069
Opens pleasantly but develops into a smoke monster
At the beginning you think to yourself: "Joa, smells not bad". Indeed, very rosy and pleasant in the opening, a little sweet but still sufficiently woody. Unfortunately, really flies all rosy after some time. What's left actually smells more like your clothes after sitting in the smoke of a campfire for an entire evening. What's supposed to be "oud" about this, I'm afraid I don't know. It really smells more like burnt euro pallet. I wouldn't recommend it for women. Even if the opening and the scent color insidiously want to suggest that. The longevity is actually very good. Somehow I don't know what they were trying to achieve with this, a weird hybrid with a weird effect. Nothing half and nothing whole.
Jungsmama
The fragrance for all those who do not like oud
I take stands's distance from oud fragrances because they are acrid in my nose. Oud scents give me a headache. The stinky rubbery, partly overdosed smell....
BUT this one is different!
The oud is soft, understated and literally melts into the rose which smells expensive and elegant. In addition, the sandalwood creeps what makes it again softer and more pleasant. A light sweetness comes through and gives that certain something.
The quince comes through from time to time, but does not really have the chance to perform properly.
The longevity is top notch, as is the stillness.

A spray - and you will perceive this for several hours and enjoy it

Wonderful blend!
I must have been struck by a divine inspiration to order this recent creation of François Demachy without having tried it first, simply based upon my previous experience with his perfumes, as well as with the house of Dior in its exclusive range. This is a wonderful blend! It combines the best in Purple Oud and Oud Ispahan, plus a certain je ne sais quoi that makes it irresistible to me. A shade darker and less sugary than Oud Ispahan, it retains the peppery youthfulness of Purple Oud, and the result is exquisite.
Insa
Oud is not as evil as you think
Oh what would the world of fragrances be without Rose-Oud scents?
Imperfect! I agree with that Nevertheless, I was hesitant here, because Oud has managed several times to trigger the following feelings in me at the same time:
Disgust, contempt and disappointment The word "Oud" has thus reached the following neural circuitry: "Wash it off before it becomes one with you".
Oud does not do well, but what is it?...
The world of Rose-Oud fragrances opened up to me So I gave this Dior fragrance a chance here. Nose closed and through! I thought so But I must confess: Well done.
I don't have to wash it off Oud is clearly perceptible and yet I like this one. Even the sandalwood doesn't bother me It's even got some Santal Noir Sandalwood and rose probably get along well together.

Is Oud Rosewood my favorite scent now?
No, not by a long shot
Is it portable?
Yeah. That is. I see him on women as well as men.
Which you gotta like.
Sandalwood and/or oud scents. Otherwise it is a risky attempt. In my case I was lucky, because nothing stinks or disgusts me here.
But that's up to each person to decide for themselves.

And at the first spraying I was even more sceptical than I am now.
You just have to get used to oud to appreciate it.
Anyway, Rose and Oud are a good combination
Also good is that this fragrance is not as sweet and powerful as Oud Bouquet by Lancome which comes to my mind spontaneously.
KaTi1
Hello good smelling doctor's office!
Thanks to a sharing, I was able to try this fragrance. The first sprayer reminded me totally of a doctor's office. Don't worry, if the scent sits longer on the skin, you can smell the other components like rosewood & oud very pleasantly... for me a very nice scent... if it will move in with me is still the question..

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 9 months ago
A slightly fruity, creamy oriental-woody Fall fragrance, balanced by a gentle and dusty animalic smoky-woody base. Nice combo of woods!

by Bosworth
by Ch053n0n3
by Jungsmama
by Jungsmama

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior