Rouge Trafalgar 2020

Rouge Trafalgar by Dior
Rouge Trafalgar is a new perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesStrawberryStrawberry
RaspberryRaspberry
Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
CherryCherry
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlackcurrantBlackcurrant
GrapefruitGrapefruit
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
MuskMusk

Submitted by multiple users, last update on 18.07.2021.

TantePoli
Incredibly well-dosed pyramid - love you!
As a fan rather of the banging fragrances with strong sillage I was yes hugely excited about my second Maison Christian Dior, because my first (New Look) was rather tame.
The description was so times quite something else.
And already in advance: yes, dear François, you have really managed quite great; the notes of the pyramid are well dosed and no one dominates.
So I found myself the first few minutes in the corner store again, where I bought back then after school for 60 pfennigs 2 cherry lollipops (the green stem :-)) and 2 foam strawberries. Mmhm, but that's actually not so my thing.
However, poof, is also already the mega sweetness disappeared and it remains a touch of fruit. Quite delicious.
Then, yes, that's mine, joins the so beloved black currant to it and brakes the sweetness completely with a fine tartness out.
The final chord with such an incredibly fine dosage P-M is just the blast and stays and stays and stays. I smell even after hours still ALL fragrance notes.
Despite a rather weak sillage you become one of my favorites.

TRehf
Fruity bomb for spring and summer
Honestly, I don’t get the hate that this fragrance received at its release. It was ignored by many and others put it in the cheap girly grocery store scent department.
I couldn’t disagree more.

Is it beastmode? No.
Is it completely unique and groundbreaking? No.
Is it complex and challenging? No, but it doesn’t has to be.
Is it easy to wear and enjoyable? Yes.

I understand that fragrance is a very subjective hobby. We all like certain kinds of fragrances for different reasons and we all wear fragrances for different reasons. But just because a fragrance doesn’t fulfill our criteria for being purchase-worthy doesn’t mean, that it’s a bad scent. It just means that it’s not made for us.

But now let’s come back to the fragrance. I’ve had the chance to test it a few times during this year. It starts with a blast of fruits. In the opening, I actually get more citrusy notes (grapefruit) than berries. Nevertheless some sort of berries can still be smelled easily. As it dries down the fragrance becomes a bit fresh and green. That’s also why I feel very comfortable wearing it as a man. The fragrance is a bit tart and very enjoyable. In contrast to Happy Hour from Dior, Rouge Trafalgar doesn’t turn sweet at all on my skin. At the end the fragrance remains fruity-green-musky.

Now depending on your skin, the development of the fragrance might be different but as mentioned before, I felt pretty confident wearing it myself. Sure, it is not that typical aquatic woody type of scent that you will find in any blue-ish men’s cologne but I see it very unisex.

Performance-wise you cannot expect a beast. This fragrance is intended to be worn in spring and summer and in warmer weather it projects nicely for about 2h and stays on skin for about 6 to 7h. That’s alright for this kind of scent.

The presentation is like any other Maison Christian Dior presentation, so you can find various videos of it on YouTube.

Getting back to the scent. The scent is simple and straightforward. If you look for complexity like Xerjoff offers, you won’t be happy with this scent. Otherwise, with increasing complexity of the scent often the wearability decreases. And I pretty much appreciate the wearable of this scent. It is easy to like and easy to wear.

Considering the pricetag, it’s up to you if you consider it being worth 200€ (125ml). Sure, there are fragrances much more expensive but 200€ seems steep for a scent like this and it’s the only reason why I haven’t purchased it yet.
I don’t know if I’m going to make a purchase in the future (maybe in 2021).
But I really wanted to point out, that this fragrance is not as bad as some said. So at least give it a try.

Not what I was expecting
I watched multiple Youtube reviews stating that this fragrance was fresh, fruity berries. I was under the impression I would get the smell of real berries, that aquatic fruity sweetness (but not like sugar) and to my disappointment, it smelled nothing like that. This honestly smells like a generic man’s cologne. It’s a bit spicy, and sweet (but not like fruit), but I can’t pick up any distinguishable notes. To me, this smells of black licorice. Real black licorice, and I hate black licorice. If you like black licorice, then this is for you. If you don’t think it smells like black licorice at all, then buy black licorice and compare them, or don’t. Also, whatever you do, don’t overspray this perfume because one spray is enough. This is a heavy smelling perfume with long longevity and sillage. My mom and I could smell it for hours after one spray on a piece of paper.
Not easy to describe
At first I thought, looking at the picture, that this fragrance would be very feminine and sweet. Thought he might go a lot in the "Because it's You" direction.
The scent reminds me of a fresh summer cocktail. Sweet but reserved in the opening. Lillet.
Later it loses its sweetness, and what remains is simply stingingly fresh and clean. Which makes the fragrance once again wearable as a man.

To durability: was to be smelled on the back of my hand 10h, which surprised me very much.

For me, this fragrance is not a must-have, I find it original, but it is not what I like to wear. For some, it will certainly be a flop, while for others, it will certainly appeal to its uniqueness. Definitely smells like a niche to me

BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 months ago
Fruity scent where the blackcurrant has the leading role, but also strawberry, grapefruit and musk. Not too sweet, it's even a bit tart.

by GewoonBB
by GewoonBB
Was für ein Abendrot!
by Rinana
Schwarze Johannisbeeren hab' ich leider keine gefunden...!
by 2020Antiope
by Pralinchen
by Pralinchen
by Chanelle
by Chanelle
by GreenLaim
by GreenLaim

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior