Sauvage Elixir 2021

Sauvage Elixir by Dior
Sauvage Elixir is a new perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2021. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit
AmbroxanAmbroxan
LiquoriceLiquorice
Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver
PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 21.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

Sauvage in perfection
Wow. The Sauvage Elixir goes all the way to the 12! I like Dior fragrances by far the most and especially the Sauvage series with all its flankers has done it to me strongly. The Eau de Toilette is the strong, already slightly worn out classic as it has long since hit the mainstream. The Eau de Parfum and Parfum are also classy scents and definitely have their raison d'être with their creamy addition and light spicy notes. The Very Cool Spray was for me personally the best Sauvage variant (even a tad fresher and more citrusy due to the bergamot and the exceptional, cooling spray). Until now!

Because the Sauvage Elixir is the most masculine, mature and multi-layered. The fragrance pyramid is insane and simply exciting. Unlike what is noted above in the fragrance notes, I smell a marginally different order: the top note is brutally spicy and fresh. I smell licorice, cinnamon, cardamom, patchouli, and nutmeg. And all very high quality and intense. The grapefruit as well as the typical Sauvage DNA I smell out rather subliminally. The top note you have to like, endure and also the world around you must first process. However, the scent develops after a few minutes into an experience enriched with even more fragrances: high-quality lavender and vetiver are added. The scent becomes a bit more woody and over time the Sauvage signature ambroxan comes through more, though never too overbearing or boring. You don't get the impression that you've got the classic and hackneyed Sauvage on there again. For this, the fragrance is much too unique and complex.

Fragrance Dawq has said on Youtube that Dior dares with the fragrance times what. I agree with that. The fragrance is perhaps for the typical sauvage customers aged 18-29 rather not suitable. For me (30 years old) and upwards it is mMn. super suitable. I have worn it 2x now, once at the gym where I work. I got compliments the first time, but also the tip, the whole thing would be too much for the area. So the second time I didn't apply it right before I started work but 2h before and everything was fine. The durability is the blast, 8h he is very present. Afterwards still perceptible. After gentle wash 30 ° one smells Sauvage Elixir still clearly to at the collar. Yes, it is relatively expensive (109€ at Douglas thanks to percentages, RRP 136€ for 60ml). But for that the sillage and the durability is very good. I suspect the elixir is higher in concentration (perfume oil perhaps?) than the eau de toilette and perfume variants. I would wear the scent any time of year and for almost any occasion, except right after spraying it on while exercising. Overall, the best fragrance in the Dior Sauvage range!
Blind purchase successful!
Actually, I don't like the generic Sauvage DNA with lots of Ambroxan at all. Ambroxan smells for me just pungent unpleasant.

So why the hell did I even dare to make this blind purchase? Well, at least some reviews here say that this stuff is only mildly present and I admittedly think the ad with Johnny Depp on guitar in a barren landscape is pretty cool. So here with the stuff, hoping that Ambroxan was only included in reasonable quantities for me, such as in the normal version of Emporio Armani - Stronger With You.

My hope has fortunately been confirmed! Ambroxan only very far perceptible. Instead, other candidates such as lavender and well-dosed licorice are the main players here. In the top note, which reminds a little of Maggi diluted with grapefruit, I recommend not to sniff directly at the point of application, but to keep some distance, because the fragrance is still developing in another, warmer and woody direction.

The spray button is sensational and the Elixir mist flows perfectly! The packaging and the bottle are also super classy.

H/S absolutely fine and for me by far the best DIOR from the Sauvage series. Blindbuy succeeded and not regretted!
Olli81
Hours later Montblanc Explorer's brother?
After a few hours on my skin, the scent seemed so familiar. I thought... I have it, right? Think, think... it suddenly smells 85% like my Explorer.
At first I thought it was... ...contrary to my expectations... a little disappointing. 30 minutes later super and the rest is history (see above)
Sauvage Elixir best of Dior
To start with, it's not cheap, but I got it for under 110 euros thanks to a 20% discount promotion, yes read correctly, 109 euros ???
Otherwise I would not have ordered it, because I must say, I recently received the fragrance as a sample and at first I thought" uhuhuhi" . Somehow indefinable liquid, a blast of fragrance.
Absolutely past the normal sauvage, nothing, but also nothing in common.
When the scent "flattened out" after about 5 minutes", what you can call flattening out, an extraordinarily interesting scent developed, which I had smelled before as a teenager.
I thought somehow it reminded you of a scent from the past.
Thought about it.......mmujd just now it occurred to me, hence the recession directly. It bears a damn resemblance to a Davidoff fragrance of yesteryear that is no longer available for purchase. Namely Davidoff Classic.
Absolute similarity in fragrance character, fresh, light spice, licorice, tart mossy.
Simply brilliant, masculine, Nothing for youth of today, rather for the man who knows how he stands in life.
He definitely stands out from most fragrances. He lets you dream. Somehow sink into the soul, also at times of earlier (I am year of construction 74???). Unique, but just also the price.
But you have to allow yourself this luxury. No question, the price is hefty, for 60ml, but 1 sprüher is enough and you do not smell the next day afterwards.
Surely there's for the price other strong EAU der Parfum for men, but this fragrance is for me a journey into the past with ambitions of today. Class made. Valuable, attractive clock certainly also for women interesting to smell at the man.
Oh and some wrote here comparisons nder fragrances of Mugler men's perfumes.
In fact, he has something "crazy haftes" as the.meisten from the house Mugler, and I mean a small approximation of the Alien man Mugler he also has. But only in a small way he has also reminded me of something.
So, the men's world has a new, unique as I find crazy fragrance received, which is not inexpensive, but worthwhile for "certain" occasions, or really times to stand out from the whole mainstream Dior, chapeau ????? I bow. Thanks to old memories with new future partnership.
Lavandula ferus Deus
The fragrance I got hold of a sharing of, because the current reviews have made me really curious and I already own Sauvage as EDP, for me a class fragrance but on the sweeter side. The scent arrived, I sprayed it on, found it OK and put it away. I got a direct connection to Initio Oud for Greatness by smelling the lavender. Therefore, I have the Sauvage Elixir no longer considered, Initio OFG I already own and love, so the topic was done for now.

With my previous samples, however, I have learned one thing, if the sample is somewhat acclimatized simply the fragrance now and then to test again and lo and behold, it came as with many other samples I have not paid particular attention in the first moment, especially now by the freshness in the morning, sometimes just the framework conditions must be right to discover a pearl for themselves.
I had a free morning, was in the morning 2 hours on the road by bike, it was pretty fresh, then quickly shower off into jeans, white shirt and a denim shirt, have asked me what I spray on and decided for Elixir, here it was finally, his big chance to convince me. So off to the car and quickly off to do a few things, by now it was a bit sunnier and warmer. Everything I perceived of the fragrance had me absolutely convinced, the Sauvage DNA is definitely present even if it only plays second fiddle, ambroxan, pepper without end and in the foreground the lavender which I personally find tart, sometimes it feels like you have Sauvage EDP with Initio OFG gelayert, but the Sauvage DNA definitely exists in my nose.

To the durability with me, the fragrance I smell after 3 days still in the place where it was sprayed e.g. on the wrist and I shower 2 x daily.

I can understand it if the scent does not suit everyone, that's also good! Feel him but very special (although he seems very simple at first) that it is not enough once to smell it to form an objective opinion, but that certainly affects almost every fragrance.

My conclusion: Have now ordered a bottle and look forward to it very much!
Manuel81
15 minutes of clothespin on the nose...
From then on it gets highly interesting, and "Sorry".... Unfortunately Horny.

I admit, I am a fan of the Sauvage series, and except for the EDT I have all in my collection, only the EDT is a little too scratchy for me, which is why I prefer to WRITER.
Now to the fragrance.
The top note is indeed exceedingly exhausting ... For me, this smells first and foremost extremely spicy... And intensely after licorice.
Since I knew that from the outset, I really only briefly after the aufprühen dran gerochen, and am leisurely strolled through the Expert.
Only a good 15 minutes after the aufprühen I have then dedicated myself to the fragrance.
And what can I say.... BARBERSHOP in conjunction with Sauvage EDP pulled me in the nose.
It was once something completely new and unknown.... And yet somehow familiar.
So a mixture of Yves saint laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme, and stop the well-known Sauvage DNA... Just great.
However, in my opinion, not a fragrance for guys.
I turned 40 a few weeks ago, and honestly have no problem wearing this fragrance.
Dior is clearly breaking new ground, away from sweet / spicy.... Powdery fragrances... Towards more masculinity.
Most recently it was Dior Homme 2020 which was completely out of line, and has been a permanent fixture in my collection for 1 year.
Durability and sillage are quite strong, and the atomizer is insane.
Absolutely extensively test I recommend here.
MartinGE
You have to be able to stand this top note or is it bridging the gap between the two "Sauvage" series?
Dior did it again.

After Dior Homme 2020 in the "Homme series" is now with the Sauvage Elixir a fragrance appeared, where one has certain expectations of the fragrance due to the affiliation to this series, which the fragrance is not at all ready to meet.

For this reason alone, there will be many disappointed and derogatory comments or worse reviews on this fragrance, although this fragrance, taken on its own, is a completely successful composition.

However, to enjoy this fragrance, one must be an adult and like perfume. For these two reasons alone, it will be shunned and slated by the rest of the Sauvage, Aventus and Allure wearers.

He opens quite exhausting for me.

When I first used the bottle and shot a test spray on my arm and expectantly took a first whiff, my thought was, "My gosh -What kind of top note is that supposed to be?"
Maybe it's different with you, on my skin reacted especially especially nutmeg and a little (probably) cardamom (which I otherwise like) together presumably with the grapefruit, like a sweet and sour spice combo, as if something had leaked in the spice cabinet. There are briefly almost associations with a well-known seasoning sauce with 5 letters in a brown bottle with a yellow label in my head and that was not really pleasant on the first try, when the nose actually expected something else.

If one is startled by the top note at the first attempt and then washes the fragrance off or tries to push it out of the head, I can understand all the once sprayed bottles in the souk, because perhaps some, with a completely different expectation approached this scent.

However, if you resist this urge (and survive the first few minutes - this for me negative perception was there with me also only on the first try), apply the fragrance properly, really wear and give the fragrance time and space, then develops a fantastic fragrance, the oldschool vibes can be heard, yet is completely modern and fits into this time.
Because after that, this fragrance evolves into a beautiful adult scent, not a teen pleaser.
The "compliment getter faction" need not despair, however.
At my first full wear test, I was approached by 2 people, what that would be for a beautiful interesting fragrance.
So he also seems to create a positively effective sillage. This fragrance develops, with the beginning of the heart note actually a wow effect, just also with others. Even if I myself do not perceive the fragrance as intensely as some evaluate him (but I also otherwise like to wear "Beastmode" fragrances), he is perceptible to all, he performs so.

Variants of lavender are present in all Sauvages, but also in most Eau Sauvages. In conjunction with the "Restambroxan" a few percent Sauvagesvibes are still left alive, however, for me - perhaps just - in conjunction with vetiver and patchouli a bridge can be built to the Eau Sauvage fragrances and generally to barbershop scents and fragrances such as Masculin Pluriel or Beau de Jours.
However, these fragrances are for the previous Sauvage wearer, fragrances for old gentlemen.

I don't even want to compare this fragrance too much to the ones I just mentioned. I put the thesis, however, that the wearers of these fragrances and fragrances, could be easier to make friends with Sauvage Elixir, as someone who previously found Sauvage EdT as one of his favorites.

And so perhaps it does make sense again to place this fragrance at the end of the Sauvage series.
Hardly a sauvage wearer would also test or buy barbershop fragrances of their own accord, because these fragrances are very far removed from the previous age target group. We are there with fragrances with 90s vibes and the last 90s fragrance that the Sauvageträger could still know is the now heavily watered down Le Male and that is rarely still felt by those for wearable.
Those who participated in the 90s actively or even already wearing fragrances do not belong to the previous Sauvage target group. Where come then please the associations with a sports locker room (not Gymumkleide, that is not associated with older gentlemen).

If it had appeared as a modern Eau Sauvage flanker, no one would have noticed it from the younger buyer base.

Everywhere the 90s are just revived, in the clothes (who goes today in a H&M or New Yorker, thinks with 2/3 of the collection to have mistaken in the calendar), in the music (apart from the elementary school rhymes and speech therapy exercises with the help of autotunes, because dear children: also rap and hiphop had its best time in the 90s) and now Dior tries a bridge with a high-quality fragrance, the current target group with barbershop vibes and fragrance ideas of the 90s to connect.
The 2020s interpretation of the 90s has now begun at Dior in the perfume world.
Mixed feelings
Elixir, so that's the name of the new offshoot of the Dior box office hit "Sauvage."

When rummaging in the souk I came across an offered sharing, without having had knowledge of the appearance of the fragrance before. The adrenaline and serotonin committee has been in the unmeasurable range when discovering it. Thoughts like, "another Flanker, must this be", overtook me.
Despite the lack of euphoria, I let myself look at the offered sharing closer.
Now I asked myself why the price per ml was a horrendous sum. After I noticed the comment of the provider that the bottle is bought with voucher reduced, I was again animated to think.
The fact that here 2.23 € per ml are required, let me from the initial disinterest slowly to curiosity. The curiosity, as Dior for a designer perfume Nichenpreise can require, but vorallem whereby this price may well justify itself.
After brief consideration and hesitation I decided then nevertheless to participate in the Sharing.
Since the Sharing was already, as not to be expected differently, strongly frequented, reached me my filling also already short time thereafter.

One of the possibly last sunny days of this year with pleasant temperature.

A good day to subject Elixir to an oxidation with their own skin.
The procedure, by now always the same, one spray, yes you heard right, just one on the crook of the left arm. If a sprayer it does not create me to inspire, then it will the second and third usually also not.

It was almost clear to me that the basic DNA would be maintained. So I adjusted myself to a scent I was already familiar with. As usual with most siblings, there was a similarity. - And just as with siblings, in addition to the similarity, different characters were also apparent.
A grapefruit clone from the lab quickly makes its presence known. Said but only briefly "hello" and then evaporated again. A, for me, slightly peppery, spicy note now slowly spread.
The first impression was limited. Somehow different, but still the same.

I paid no attention to the whole first time, because I had to go to work. Thanks to the weather, which allowed me to be in the polo shirt out of the house, reached me during the car ride permanently the Elixir fragrance cloud. Thus, it was again fully present and I just thought to myself, what projection can spring from a sprayer. Remarkable!
Now it's more of a blend of lavender and vetiver in the foreground, with a slight nutmeg annex.

I still somehow couldn't get excited about this elixir. And if it is an elixir, what is it supposed to do?

With the polo shirt it actually wears quite well, I thought to myself when I arrived at work. With a suit certainly also good to use.

I ran up and down the hallway and always through my own fragrance cloud, then the projection was a little too much for me. A little too much, because as with every other Sauvage also, there was here the typical accompanying symptom name Ambroxan.
Ambrox and I know each other for a long time, but can not smell each other well.
Now here's where the mixed feelings come into play....
The twinge, so pensively. "Why again should I spend 2,23€ per ml?" - If it's because of the circumference 7m fragrance balloons you carry around and the, with 10h to book, hardness will, no thanks.
Admittedly, one has given effort here Elixir from the already existing Sauvage versions to stand out. So much so that one has taken off himself and now demands Hollywood prices for a fragrance, which is so lala.
To put it casually, lukewarm compared to those fragrances I can purchase at prices no more deviant.
The Sauvage fanatics among you will probably already wätzen the knives, but if I had to weigh what price I am willing to pay, 134, - € for 60ml aristocratic mediocrity or your hostility, so see what is written here. ;)
Schallhoerer
Miracle cure or hypo potion?
Today we have again a short first impression of a new fragrance. A fragrance of which one thought that all possible flanker names have already been exploited. But no, there is always another variant. We talk today about the new Sauvage Elixir and what I think of the fragrance.

Sauvage Elixir was released in 2021 and comes in a concentration I don't know. I guess that this is minimally higher than the present perfume variant. So could be an Extrait de Parfum, but Dior is silent about it. The fragrance is currently available in 60ml and costs a whopping 134.00 EUR. So here we are definitely in the niche price segment. I would classify Sauvage Elixir as spicy-sweet.

What strikes me at the first spray directly, is the enormous sweetness that comes to me. That will be the combination of grapefruit and cinnamon with the cardamom. Already at that point I am actually out. This doesn't come across as classy or grown up to me, it's just way too synthetic and sweet. The licorice from the base note can also already be smelled clearly in the background. The lavender also plays a bigger role. The first association I had when smelling it was "this smells an awful lot like a Mugler from the A-Men range I have". Thankfully the sweetness then drives back a bit as it progresses, allowing the scent to breathe a bit and finally unfold. Ambroxan is something I can barely detect. This will please many who were bothered by it in previous Sauvage scents. Through the lavender you get now and then slight Fougere vibes as you know them from Masculin Pluriel (which, however, seems much better formulated and composed).

Tone-setting are for me in the late Drydown the liquorice, the patchouli (which both in combination give this Mugler A-Men Vibe) and as already mentioned the lavender.

Durability and charisma are at an above-average level. Here you get something for the 134 EURO. Even after 10 hours I can still perceive Sauvage Elixir. But what good is the best durability, if I do not like the fragrance profile?

So remains for me as a conclusion only that I had expected much more from the Sauvage Elixir. I get hardly woody notes, also almost no vetiver. For this dominates a much too overemphasized sweetness, which paired with the licorice and patchouli just goes to my head. The lavender here is also overbearing, wanting to be reminiscent of powerhouse scents from the 80s, but finding no suitable space in the fragrance. With me, the Sauvage Elixir will definitely not move into the collection.

Overhyped
If this was released under any other name it would have passed by everyone without a care in the world. For all those saying this is paying homage to older men's perfumes, I have no idea what you're on about. Just cause there's lavender in it doesn't make it retro.

For those who wanted another Sauvage flanker, you'll be disappointed too, it only becomes Sauvagesque in the drydown when the ambroxan and timbersilk peek out.

Otherwise, it starts off with a warm sweet grapefruit with lavender and spices, the nutmeg makes it fuller and the cardamom with the lavender is slightly powdery. It reminds me of facets of ST Dupont's Noir, which also has lavender, cardamom, nutmeg and the cashmeran replaces the ambroxan.

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 27 days ago
mix Dior Sauvage + Our for Greatness + Drakkar Noir, that's exactly how it smells. I even sprayed these 3 on my arm and it perfectly matches
JMWeedJMWeed 1 month ago
Sweet forestry smell, more mature than OG sauvage
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 month ago
Spicy opening with cardamom and roasted coffee. Then it turns into a fougère with lavender. And in the drydown, there's that Sauvage DNA.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 month ago
This masculinity of a strong lavender fougére is typical from the 80s, but within the frame of a modern blue fragrance. Boldly sexy as hell!
NgarciaNgarcia 2 months ago
I was testing it today, an absolutely meh, average performance, nothing new in composition, expensive, a huge pass.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 months ago
Great! It's a richer version of the OG with added licorice and a roasted coffee feel on top. Great updated fougère, overall.
MatuxMatux 2 months ago
At first smell, Beau de Jour plus spices. Later on the blend's development takes another path - namely, Sauvage's DNA.
AldestAldest 2 months ago
This is basically vintage Oscar de la Renta pour lui
MuratArabaciMuratArabaci 2 months ago
This is a banger that even EDT haters will end up buying. You can't deny it's success since release. Hated the EDT? Try this one instead!
Nik604Nik604 3 months ago
This is the Dior's answer to the all of masses , screaming to the world that Sauvage is screeching and synthetic ,,,now is only synthetic.

Sauvagechemosuppenplanschen
by Eleasar
There it is
by Razvanyke

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior