Sauvage Elixir 2021

Sauvage Elixir by Dior
Sauvage Elixir is a new perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2021. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit CinnamonCinnamon NutmegNutmeg CardamomCardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesProvençal lavenderProvençal lavender CoumarinCoumarin
Base Notes Base NotesWoodsWoods AmbroxanAmbroxan LiquoriceLiquorice Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 08.08.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

Best of designer fragrance
It is the best designer fragrance that has ever been released. If Amouage Interlude is the Beast of niche fragrances, this is the Beast of designer fragrances. The people who say this isn’t appropriate for summer are likely teenagers who are too afraid to wear this in the summer. This is perfection in the summer. In fact it’s probably best in summer. It’s worth way more than what they are charging for it. Remember, all you need are 2 or 3 sprays and you have ample performance for 24 hours. I truly recommend to all who wants enjoy the quality of niche at the price of designer fragrance

Freshie with Twist
When I first tried it , just one particular fragrance was on my mind , it was Layton by parfums de marly . I have layton in my collection since 2019 and wore at least 30-40 wearings . The apple note of layton is very similar with the new Elixir . Elixir has prominent Lavender and dose of spices , and i got little vibe of aftershave Gel vibe but in a good way . So , overall its a mass appealing scent with great performance . Little bit dark but I like this part . Its suitable for Spring and fall , not for summer heat . The price is very high for 60 ml juice , I bought it at 150 USD. $ 100 would be a perfect pricing for this juice but Its Dior you know .
Finally, Sauvage!
Sauvage has always excited me as a name in itself. I guess we all have a wild side that we let come out every now and then. Of course, I have to say that I think the ad campaign with Johnny Depp was pretty successful, because for me this man embodies exactly what one imagines by "wild life". And yet I've never been a big fan of the Sauvage line, at least until today...

He's a wild beast! Finally, exactly THAT what you would expect from a "Sauvage". He is a Fougere, which is looking for its equal; Monströser Sillage and even better durability. Sure he is a bit animalic, but in itself unique and yet quite wearable; Suitable for any season and even Signature-Worthy (if you just have the personality to go with it).

More than just a designer fragrance!
Licorice Sauvage
In three Douglas visits, the fragrance was offered to me 4 times, and now that I have a sample I can also finally write a review about it.

Fragrance: 7,5/10
The opening is first very sweet, for me almost too sweet, synthetic and just not mine. Little brother finds the opening super, no wonder, the also finds Joop Homme very great, the sweetness in the opening is no longer far away (according to him). Here there are no traces of the sharp, peppery bergamot start of Sauvage EDT, the opening is quite gentle, the scent changes very little in the course, the sweetness is eventually bissl less. After about half an hour, the licorice comes in, which doesn't appear in the other Sauvage variants, it's very reminiscent of licorice snails from the brand with the golden bear, sweet and fruity licorice. I find this part actually quite youthful, I absolutely don't understand the comments of the kind "oldschool scent" and "rather for older people", sweet liquorice-ambroxan scent is nothing old after all, besides that my brother and his friends quite like it, for many older people it will just be too sweet. It's only after some time that the ambroxan comes into play, and this is where the Sauvage DNA becomes relatively easy to detect. The scent is definitely not bad, but don't expect any new experiences here, I find it to be a stronger Sauvage Parfum variant with licorice.

H/S: 9&7/10
The durability is of course very good here, it already was with the Parfum variant and Elixir is supposed to last even longer, it does, on my skin about 9-10 hours, the sweet and relatively heavy licorice definitely helps in this aspect. What surprised me: the sillage is not even that strong, who expects a projection monster here should rather buy the EDT, Elixir lasts forever, but is not strongly perceptible to others. 1.5 hours after spraying on you are occasionally still perceived when passing, but after that the scent is quite close to the skin and is only noticed in close proximity, so not bad, but would have expected it stronger.
Flacon: 9/10
Sauvage bottle in chunky, small and round, heavy dark glass, magnetic lid and sprayer in fantastic Dior quality. Here gibts little to criticize, the quality top, optics vllt a little boring.

Price-performance: 5/10
Sure, the fragrance lasts a long time and the bottle is well made, but is quite synthetic and the sillage also leaves much to be desired, besides, it is nothing new. At 140 euros for 60ml we are at niche prices for a designer, my expectations are there logically very high, Dior has the means to make fpr this price a fantastic perfume, and that's just not it. There are simply a lot of better fragrances that cost less than 200 euros for 100ml.

Conclusion: Solid, very sweet fragrance for the colder season, price but much too high.
RockabillyD
After three rounds happily knocked out
I've never written a fragrance review before and wouldn't call myself a professional or particularly talented. But this fragrance prompts me to tell you about my encounter with Sauvage Elixir.

I'll come clean: I'm a huge Dior fan! But Sauvage... It's difficult. It's like the FC Bayern of the perfume world. Not necessarily always better than the others, but always delivers.
A few years ago one of my lieblinge, today I prefer to reach for Dior Homme.
But somehow he haunts me. So at least a part of him. Everywhere I smell Ambroxan, I long back to him.

So when I was stocking up on Dior Homme original the other day while on vacation in Amsterdam, I got this little damn beautifully made Elixir sample to go with it. A new Sauvage, how great, who needs that...

A few evenings later before going to bed, but I overcame the curiosity: A drop on the back of the hand and off to bed. Now you have to say that I sleep badly anyway and wake up several times at night. Every time I woke up that night, I smelled it on the back of my hand and I was... ...thrilled! There was something about that scent that made me feel really happy. So the night put the thought in my head to consider this fragrance a little closer.

Two days later it went to the perfumery: Two sprays left and right behind the ear, one behind the head and one on the back of the hand. Then it was off across town.

And who is still reading now, finally gets an Elixir review!

The opening slayed me! Louis de Funès hits me spicy muscat with dark grapefruit around the ears. So the first impression is already very good. However, I should apply the next time one or two sprays less.

Round two after about 20- 30 minutes: Suddenly overtakes me a wave of sweet syrup together with a freshness, which reminded me of the wet shave of my grandpa as a child.... In the poritive sense, of course... Sweet, fresh, totally barbershop. And it stays that way for quite a while. Again and again, odor clouds Elixir knock me over, even after hours. I don't know what I like better so far, the beginning or this long-lasting phase.

About 4-5 hours later, the last round awaits me: what is this? I know that ... That is yet!? Ambroxan! There it is again, this old familiar, with which one spends time so gladly. Like that feeling when it snows at the end of December and you're looking forward to Christmas. It just feels good!

Now I'm sitting here on the night shift and I just reapplied a few drops of the Elixir. Simply because it makes me happy. Smell good is one thing, but there are few that trigger emotions. For me there is Zino, because it reminds me of my father when I was little. But this one is different. I want to smell him! Every single phase and facet!
Conclusion:
Fragrance: 9.5 of 10
3 phases fragrance, which pick ME up each in its own way. However, this is the individual Geschmakspart and I can only evaluate my point of view.

Sillage: 10 of 10
There are (to date) Only three fragrances, which I smell on myself permanently and even after a long time. Dior Homme perfume, Eisenberg le Peche and Saucage Elixir! Absolutely strong and present fragrance that wants to be well dosed!

Durability: 10 of 10
On the skin for myself to date 8-10 hours perceptible, on the clothes much longer!

Flacon: 6 of 10
Small and thick. There are nicer, there are worse...

Price: Not assessable.
This is where it gets tricky... On the one hand, it's quite a chunk and quite a lot in comparison and others of its caliber. On the other hand, what he does is fully perfect and the price probably prevents a massenphänonem as then with the EDT. 100ml would have been super, but well.
I hope the whole thing is not too confused written and I can in one or the other a certain curiosity awaken.

That for reading!
Sauvage in perfection
Wow. The Sauvage Elixir goes all the way to the 12! I like Dior fragrances by far the most and especially the Sauvage series with all its flankers has done it to me strongly. The Eau de Toilette is the strong, already slightly worn out classic as it has long since hit the mainstream. The Eau de Parfum and Parfum are also classy scents and definitely have their raison d'être with their creamy addition and light spicy notes. The Very Cool Spray was for me personally the best Sauvage variant (even a tad fresher and more citrusy due to the bergamot and the exceptional, cooling spray). Until now!

Because the Sauvage Elixir is the most masculine, mature and multi-layered. The fragrance pyramid is insane and simply exciting. Unlike what is noted above in the fragrance notes, I smell a marginally different order: the top note is brutally spicy and fresh. I smell licorice, cinnamon, cardamom, patchouli, and nutmeg. And all very high quality and intense. The grapefruit as well as the typical Sauvage DNA I smell out rather subliminally. The top note you have to like, endure and also the world around you must first process. However, the scent develops after a few minutes into an experience enriched with even more fragrances: high-quality lavender and vetiver are added. The scent becomes a bit more woody and over time the Sauvage signature ambroxan comes through more, though never too overbearing or boring. You don't get the impression that you've got the classic and hackneyed Sauvage on there again. For this, the fragrance is much too unique and complex.

Fragrance Dawq has said on Youtube that Dior dares with the fragrance times what. I agree with that. The fragrance is perhaps for the typical sauvage customers aged 18-29 rather not suitable. For me (30 years old) and upwards it is mMn. super suitable. I have worn it 2x now, once at the gym where I work. I got compliments the first time, but also the tip, the whole thing would be too much for the area. So the second time I didn't apply it right before I started work but 2h before and everything was fine. The durability is the blast, 8h he is very present. Afterwards still perceptible. After gentle wash 30 ° one smells Sauvage Elixir still clearly to at the collar. Yes, it is relatively expensive (109€ at Douglas thanks to percentages, RRP 136€ for 60ml). But for that the sillage and the durability is very good. I suspect the elixir is higher in concentration (perfume oil perhaps?) than the eau de toilette and perfume variants. I would wear the scent any time of year and for almost any occasion, except right after spraying it on while exercising. Overall, the best fragrance in the Dior Sauvage range!
Blind purchase successful!
Actually, I don't like the generic Sauvage DNA with lots of Ambroxan at all. Ambroxan smells for me just pungent unpleasant.

So why the hell did I even dare to make this blind purchase? Well, at least some reviews here say that this stuff is only mildly present and I admittedly think the ad with Johnny Depp on guitar in a barren landscape is pretty cool. So here with the stuff, hoping that Ambroxan was only included in reasonable quantities for me, such as in the normal version of Emporio Armani - Stronger With You.

My hope has fortunately been confirmed! Ambroxan only very far perceptible. Instead, other candidates such as lavender and well-dosed licorice are the main players here. In the top note, which reminds a little of Maggi diluted with grapefruit, I recommend not to sniff directly at the point of application, but to keep some distance, because the fragrance is still developing in another, warmer and woody direction.

The spray button is sensational and the Elixir mist flows perfectly! The packaging and the bottle are also super classy.

H/S absolutely fine and for me by far the best DIOR from the Sauvage series. Blindbuy succeeded and not regretted!
Olli81
Hours later Montblanc Explorer's brother?
After a few hours on my skin, the scent seemed so familiar. I thought... I have it, right? Think, think... it suddenly smells 85% like my Explorer.
At first I thought it was... ...contrary to my expectations... a little disappointing. 30 minutes later super and the rest is history (see above)
Sauvage Elixir best of Dior
To start with, it's not cheap, but I got it for under 110 euros thanks to a 20% discount promotion, yes read correctly, 109 euros ???
Otherwise I would not have ordered it, because I must say, I recently received the fragrance as a sample and at first I thought" uhuhuhi" . Somehow indefinable liquid, a blast of fragrance.
Absolutely past the normal sauvage, nothing, but also nothing in common.
When the scent "flattened out" after about 5 minutes", what you can call flattening out, an extraordinarily interesting scent developed, which I had smelled before as a teenager.
I thought somehow it reminded you of a scent from the past.
Thought about it.......mmujd just now it occurred to me, hence the recession directly. It bears a damn resemblance to a Davidoff fragrance of yesteryear that is no longer available for purchase. Namely Davidoff Classic.
Absolute similarity in fragrance character, fresh, light spice, licorice, tart mossy.
Simply brilliant, masculine, Nothing for youth of today, rather for the man who knows how he stands in life.
He definitely stands out from most fragrances. He lets you dream. Somehow sink into the soul, also at times of earlier (I am year of construction 74???). Unique, but just also the price.
But you have to allow yourself this luxury. No question, the price is hefty, for 60ml, but 1 sprüher is enough and you do not smell the next day afterwards.
Surely there's for the price other strong EAU der Parfum for men, but this fragrance is for me a journey into the past with ambitions of today. Class made. Valuable, attractive clock certainly also for women interesting to smell at the man.
Oh and some wrote here comparisons nder fragrances of Mugler men's perfumes.
In fact, he has something "crazy haftes" as the.meisten from the house Mugler, and I mean a small approximation of the Alien man Mugler he also has. But only in a small way he has also reminded me of something.
So, the men's world has a new, unique as I find crazy fragrance received, which is not inexpensive, but worthwhile for "certain" occasions, or really times to stand out from the whole mainstream Dior, chapeau ????? I bow. Thanks to old memories with new future partnership.
Lavandula ferus Deus
The fragrance I got hold of a sharing of, because the current reviews have made me really curious and I already own Sauvage as EDP, for me a class fragrance but on the sweeter side. The scent arrived, I sprayed it on, found it OK and put it away. I got a direct connection to Initio Oud for Greatness by smelling the lavender. Therefore, I have the Sauvage Elixir no longer considered, Initio OFG I already own and love, so the topic was done for now.

With my previous samples, however, I have learned one thing, if the sample is somewhat acclimatized simply the fragrance now and then to test again and lo and behold, it came as with many other samples I have not paid particular attention in the first moment, especially now by the freshness in the morning, sometimes just the framework conditions must be right to discover a pearl for themselves.
I had a free morning, was in the morning 2 hours on the road by bike, it was pretty fresh, then quickly shower off into jeans, white shirt and a denim shirt, have asked me what I spray on and decided for Elixir, here it was finally, his big chance to convince me. So off to the car and quickly off to do a few things, by now it was a bit sunnier and warmer. Everything I perceived of the fragrance had me absolutely convinced, the Sauvage DNA is definitely present even if it only plays second fiddle, ambroxan, pepper without end and in the foreground the lavender which I personally find tart, sometimes it feels like you have Sauvage EDP with Initio OFG gelayert, but the Sauvage DNA definitely exists in my nose.

To the durability with me, the fragrance I smell after 3 days still in the place where it was sprayed e.g. on the wrist and I shower 2 x daily.

I can understand it if the scent does not suit everyone, that's also good! Feel him but very special (although he seems very simple at first) that it is not enough once to smell it to form an objective opinion, but that certainly affects almost every fragrance.

My conclusion: Have now ordered a bottle and look forward to it very much!

MikaelMikael 5 days ago
I only tried it once, but hated it. It's strong and sweet. Cloying. I don't get the hype. Generic modern take on classic fougere.
DragoIvanovDragoIvanov 4 months ago
It opens like spicy Invictus Victory to me. Dryies down to Lattafa Ejaazi. Both have a lot similar notes breakdown.
Seeker78Seeker78 4 months ago
Just 1 word: 'LIQUORICE'. It dominates this perfume from the onset till end. If you like(d) the scent (taste) of it, so will be w/ perfume.
Zebra782Zebra782 5 months ago
The opening is meh in true Sauvage fashion but the dry down is absolutely beautiful, potent as f***...!!!
DarkWinterCSDarkWinterCS 5 months ago
Cardamom,cinnamon ,nutmeg and Grapefruit defines the start. Lavender and liquorice are the stars of the show. Best Sauvage !
Arman038Arman038 6 months ago
The scent is allright and the performance is top notch. Unfortunately it's unwearable and too expencive imo.
Connoisseur6Connoisseur6 7 months ago
Sauvage EdP + gingerbread = Sauvage Elixir
InbnkInbnk 8 months ago
Nice and sexy. Smooth lavender mix with woodsy spicy. Elixir is classiest Sauvage.
PetarMolnarPetarMolnar 8 months ago
4.5
Its nuclear when it comes to perfomances but the creation is rather disappointing. Reminds me of Baccarat Rouge540 and Meteore (LV).
DanijelsDanijels 9 months ago
Disappointment here. Unjustified hype about this perfume. No sillage, minimum projection. Average at best. Already seen several times.

Sauvagechemosuppenplanschen
by Moris44
by Meditazen
by Meditazen

Popular by Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior