Sauvage Parfum by Dior / Christian Dior

Sauvage Parfum is a new perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-synthetic. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Sichuan pepper, Nutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxan, Papua vanilla absolute, Ceylonese sandalwood, Virginia cedar, Tonka bean, Patchouli

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 16.09.2019

The advertising campaign, starring Johnny Depp, is directed by French photographer and filmmaker Jean-Baptiste Mondino.

8.0 7.0 9.0 9.5/10

PhillipFrag
The crowning glory of the Sauvage series and no screamer
The Dior Sauvage EDT was my entry into the world of fragrance at that time. Smell, in love, worn for three years. At some point, it was enough for me. On the one hand because I wanted a new Signature fragrance, on the other hand because you suddenly smell the Dior Sauvage on every corner. So I switched to Armani Acqua the Gino Profumo, but that's another story.
When the eau de Parfum came onto the market, I became curious again and tested it, but it didn't convince me. So another time passed. Often I noticed the Sauvage DNA and thought to myself: Damn, it still smells good..
suddenly I heard about the new release of the perfume.
Directly to the perfumery and a Samlper secured and what should I say:
-this fragrance should have replaced the eau de parfum. For me, the crowning glory of the line. Sauvage DNA is clearly visible, but is not as pungent and screaming in perfume as it is in EDT. In contrast to EDT, however, a certain warmth and creaminess envelops you directly. This becomes more prominent in the sale of the fragrance, at the end one clearly perceives the Tonkabone and thed Patchouli, which gives it a spicy-sweet base to the long citric course.

In summary, for me it is clear:
Enough similarity that an EDT fan also gets his money's worth here, but pleasantly different from the EDT. (I can't say much about the EDP). The fragrance is slightly more mature, creamy and tends to be more intended for spring / autumn / winter. The shelf life is brutal, but the silage is not as room-filling as the EDT. This is great for me, because sometimes the EDT is just too much for me. Some say the perfume is very close to the eye. I can't confirm this like that. I have a silage similar to the Bleu de Chanel EDP, so perfect for me. Noticeable when someone is standing next to you or walking, but not smelling in the whole room.

If you own the EDT you don't have to switch, but if I had to decide between the two I would definitely use the perfume!
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

AnjaTom
This scent should have come as EDP already!
When you spray on the Sauvage perfume, you immediately feel at home. You come through the door and everything's like... But wait, something's different!
The furniture is changed, other decoration stands on the tables and on the windowsill, it all looks warmer, more harmonious!
A pleasant ambient lighting floods the room, an oven crackles, it smells woody and like mandarins, but not Christmassy! Thank God.
We are talking here about a totally well captured autumn mood.

Oh, great. You feel comfortable, you feel at home.
When you spray on the perfume you have the feeling that EDP was only one between development stage, nothing half and not whole. For me the EDP was the not yet finished perfume.
Finally the distance to the EDT is big enough to own both, if you like! The EDP developed a rather sour note on my skin, which is now God's thanks gone!

EXPERIENCE HOW:
"No resemblance to EdT/EdP/Cool Spray" I CANNOT FOLLOW < br /> "Woman's fragrance?" NO, SO A QUATSCH

I find this fragrance is as made for autumn spring winter, for me more universal than the EDP.
EDT remains of course the "KING OF SUMMER", whereby I have for my part currently nicer alternatives for it.
In short, who likes Sauvage (no matter which one) will also like this one.
It is finer, rounder and more fruity than the EDP, the mandarin holds itself almost am in the heart.
Worth a test! For me very good, but certainly for many no Must Have.
For me, the line remains a "superstar"!

Just my 2 cents!
6.0 5.0 5.0/10

No resemblance to EdT/EdP - spicy dimmed patchouli
I had a 10 ml test bottle of turquoise in the mail unsolicited today. Obviously I count there already to the regular clientele.

I don't like the Ambroxan note on the Dior Sauvage Edt and EdP. These two look to me like masculine mass-produced goods for women. Every second woman in the morning S-Bahn felt an Ambroxan cloud around her. With Dior Sauvage, the ambroxan hype has now spread to men. I don't like ambroxan scents. For me these are chemical mass articles, which are combined by light alternation on the basis of an apparently largely identical basis, until finally the combinatorial possibilities are exhausted at some point.

To the Dior Sauvage Perfume:

I don't perceive Ambroxan. In the above description of the ingredients there is also nothing about it. But this makes us wonder what justifies the name. A flanker as suggested is Dior Sauvage perfume not.
I take the scent when a spicy dimmed patchouli was. Patchouli because the earthy herbaceous note of it forms the basis. Dimmed, because the stabbing character like in Aramis, Aramis or Givenchy Gentlemen (1974) of Patchouli is missing. It is bounded by spicy aromatic opponents. This is the pepper and the citric components from the top note. Altogether I have a fresh, spicy and aromatic impression.

Dior Sauvage Parfum is smooth but without character. This seems to me to be the only parallel with the EdT and the EdP. It is unimpressive, does not hurt anyone, but does not cause storms of enthusiasm.

Apparently, Dior wanted to expand its moneymaker, the Dior Sauvage range, with another product variant. Does the vulture know why they left out the Ambroxan this time? But it didn't get any better. The Sauvage series also has no representative with the perfume flanker that is with the character scents of the house (Homme series, Fahrenheit EdT and the Eau Sauvage series) is a breath might be called.
10.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Not Sauvage
Third in line. The worst for me, too. First of all - we're still talking about an above-average perfume! but this flanker, his own name
Sauvage - what in French means as much as "wild" does not really mean after. I really liked the corners and edges of the first variant - the EDT - and still do today. This one is much smoother and rounder than the two predecessors, but will it replace the EDT in my collection? No. Does it make sense to have both? Clear to me, no. So why trade the wild water for this one?
9.0 1.0 5.0 9.0/10

JulianIssei
My heart and my yellow pouch are bleeding.
I don't actually write any reviews here on Parfumo at all, but the new release of Dior has caused me to do so. I was already a trusted perfumer before I started selling and I really wanted to test it because Dior Sauvage is currently the most popular men's fragrance on the market. I already owned both the EdT and the EdP and wanted to include the third baby in my collection. I had my girlfriend in tow. We were able to test the perfume. And what can I say? I really liked the smell. My girlfriend even more. The purchase decision was made and I was happy like a little child.

Some days later in the future.
Unfortunately I have to say that the performance of the perfume is really devastatingly bad. The fragrance has no sillage, i.e. it sits very close to the skin and no matter how much of the perfume you apply, another person can only smell you if you became intimate with that person and that person sniffed right at your neck. Don't exaggerate. You can no longer perceive the scent yourself after a short time.
Since this version is the perfume and this should be the strongest version I am even more disappointed. This version has nothing to do with the predecessors, if you go after the performance.
The predecessors are both very strong and have an impressive sillage for the fact that they are fresh scents. The scent itself is really good, I must say. In my opinion, the best of the three Sauvages.
But if you pay attention to the price and how badly this perfume performs, I've really been disappointed and wish I could give it back. A great pity I was looking forward to it
8.0 8.0 10.0 9.0/10

This was done very well
Everyone who was afraid that this would mirror the EDT/EDP can rest assured; when I first sprayed this on, I actually thought that it was closer to the Bleu de Chanel Parfum than the Sauvage line... I had to compare the two before I shelled out the $150 to buy it (I have the Bleu Parfum and I didn’t want two of the same scent). Upon comparison is when you can detect the differences; the Sauvage is “smoother” and “sweeter”, while the Bleu is “brighter” and “sharper”. That “signature” Sauvage scent from the EDT/EDP (the ambroxin/bergamot note) is almost undetected. I was indeed tentative to make the purchase, but when you use it a few times, the “signature” Sauvage DNA faintly makes its presence known.

If you LOVE that ambroxin signature, or if you were expecting it to be accented and resonant, you’re going to be disappointed. Otherwise, if you didn’t want a repeat, and you were looking for different (Sauvage) horizons, this one hits the nail on the head. It’s a matter of perspective, period.

Those that despise that signature will have to look for something else to hate in this one; it’s a smooth, dark ride, that lasts a good 8+hours. The sillage is there, but it’s not a beast in projection by any means. Again it is very similar to the Bleu de Chanel parfum, ESPECIALLY in this regard. It’s long lasting in sillage, but it doesn’t have a large radius in projection.

Its heads or tails on how you’re going to like it, and it’s definitely NOT one to blind buy. Have a peek, and see which side of the fence you sit on, then make your decision. I personally like it a lot.

Skylab
Crackling campfire under a starry sky - Sauvage at night!
The Sauvage Story continues - a new chapter is opened, the wolves howl on, Johnny puts on his blouse, together with his poncho again and now sits chilly at the campfire...

My last Parfumo Duft comment was a few moons ago and ended with the view to the new Sauvage Parfum! Contrary to my assumption Dior does not make us happy only in the new decade, but already now - one and a half years after the EDP!

With Sauvage, Dior has now established a whole collection of products including a new moisturising cream and from next year also....pssst...still secret...! Only with the classic Eau Sauvage the brand has similarly many products to one fragrance in its assortment! I love it when I can and can celebrate my favourite fragrance from head to toe, for example with the Very Cool Spray! A well-known YouTuber likes to make a fool of himself for a minute...since then All Over Body Sprays have been celebrating a comeback! But that's only on the side.

Let's get down to business The term "perfume" is misleading for some people or why a "perfume" after the more noble "Eau De Parfum"? Parfum" or "Extrait de Parfum" contains 15 to 30% perfume oil. An "Eau de Parfum" contains between 8 and 14% perfume oil. Furthermore the Dior Parfum versions are knitted more opulently than the EDP's with regard to fragrance technology, more upscale - like the Sauvage PARFUM!

The opening is creamy, fruity, accompanied by a citric undertone. More opulence and velvety features are already unmistakable here!

The fragrance appears thicker, more full-bodied and richer right from the start, without being intrusive or even disguising.

The further course of the fragrance is peppered with powdery, peppery spice and warm accents. Sometimes I actually smell parallels to Bleu de Chanel's EDP/Perfume!

Woody, leathery nuances paired with bitter chords round off the fragrance and merge with the skin! The durability is very satisfactory! Even after 8 hours plus I perceive the scent on me! Sillage is very intense at the beginning, but weakens after the first hour.

The Sauvage perfume flatters my nose and should perhaps appease the many critics with its oriental aromas a little or mercifully...? But it is not for savers - 60ml costs 96,50 Euro!

SAUVAGE FOREVER!!!

DPArtist 7 days ago
The wild Ambroxan beast has been tamed with this more subtle edition. A fruity opening retreats to find the usual peppery Dior Sauvage DNA.
6.0