Sauvage Parfum 2019

Sauvage Parfum by Dior
Sauvage Parfum is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-synthetic. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavenderLavender Sichuan pepperSichuan pepper NutmegNutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxanAmbroxan Papua New Guinea vanilla absolutePapua New Guinea vanilla absolute Ceylonese sandalwoodCeylonese sandalwood Virginia cedarVirginia cedar Tonka beanTonka bean PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 03.07.2022.

The advertising campaign starring Johnny Depp was directed by French photographer and filmmaker Jean-Baptiste Mondino.

Synthetic, beautiful bottle
and did I already say synthetic? I got a small bottle of this fragrance, and must say: visually and haptically everything is right here. Bottle is heavy and feels good in the hand, the gradient is pretty and the magnetic lid and atomizer in usual Dior quality are all things that should actually excite most potential buyers. In my eyes, the prettiest Sauvage, at least visually. But then we come to the scent: the first spray brings the Sauvage DNA, so quite pleasant at first, but then it goes downhill for me. I can smell tangerine throughout, but it doesn't smell any less synthetic to me than the one in Davidoff Cool Water Intense, which is more than disappointing given the price difference. The scent generally seems very artificial, which is not to be expected for the price of such a large company, I know fragrances for much less money and from smaller companies that are x times less artificial. Who expects the Sauvage EDT performance here, should rather stay right with the EDT, because while the durability stands at about 7-8 hours, the sillage is a pure disaster. Neither on my skin nor on the skin of two of my friends is the fragrance smellable, you really have to stand 20cm next to the person so that you notice something, and I'm not particularly often sniffed in everyday life from this distance, but maybe that's just me :)

Conclusion: although not a terrible fragrance, it is in my eyes absolutely not worth the money, very synthetic and without any projection, at least on 3 test persons, maybe there is who, on which one discovers this fragrance even without a sniffer dog. The only thing that corresponds to the price is the bottle, but at Dior prices I just expect more than that.
MickeyRourke
Sauvage perfume and a few words about Ambrox, wax corpses and mainstream
Actually, after receiving a sample, I had intended to give only a brief description and evaluation on the scent progression of Sauvage Parfum. But after I had used this fascinated over and over again in the last few days, that now seems no longer possible. The more I sniffed, the more questions I had in my head. Do you know this scent from somewhere? In which drawer does it belong now? What is so special about it? And what, pray tell, is Ambroxan again?

One does not suspect sometimes, how much time one spends with a smell and the whole Drumher so. But I enjoy it, it pleases my nose and my brain. I type on my keyboard, enter the first keyword...type...type...ambroxan. A contemporary substitute for amber, which like musk is considered one of the most valuable animal scents. However, ambroxan has also been known for a very long time.

Moving on, ...hint...hint...Ambrox(an) enhances the body's own scent aromas in a chemical reaction with human skin. Interesting, you can buy ambroxan in a bottle without any other additives, without distraction from other floral, sweet or spicy scents.

Moving on...hint...hint...waxy corpse...excuse me? Yes, indeed, ambrox(an) forms in small quantities on corpses whose bodies do not follow the original decomposition process. The movie "Perfume" promptly comes to mind, the story of Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, who kills women in order to extract from their bodies the perfect ingredient for the perfect perfume. I grin to myself for a moment. No, I have no intention of creating such a perfume myself.

But now back to Sauvage.

It wasn't love at first sniff, but I've had that with another fragrance that is now a permanent part of my collection. Sauvage starts with a nice, slightly fruity freshness, with mandarin, subtle bergamot as well as lavender and some pepper. Nutmeg adds a bit of spice to everything. As it progresses, pleasantly sweet woody warm notes mingle with the slightly spicy and powdery notes of tonka bean. I'm not surprised that I like this fragrance with such ingredients, I find them but also with the other fragrances in my collection.

Sauvage fits well on cooler days, especially if you don't like it so extremely sweet. Sauvage has apart from that qualities of a real all-rounder, as I could already find with Bleu de Chanel, not intrusive and suitable for many occasions. And yet, this also applies to BdC, Sauvage perfume has its very own character.
Jonny Depp as a figurehead for the advertising campaign still underlines the intention of the creators to Sauvage to a large mass, and that seems to have succeeded. For some, this is already a reason not to wear the fragrance or not to like it at all. For me, however, that's not a criterion and for me, surprisingly, Sauvage perfume doesn't fit into any pigeonhole either. If I hadn't gotten this sample of Sauvage Parfum, I probably wouldn't have cared much about it. As it is, however, I'm quite glad I tested it. It's already on my watch list for the coming fall and winter.

Anastasios
It just dissapears after 1 hour!!!!
It was a shock for me!
I choose to buy the Parfum flanker instead of EDT and EDP because I found it richer, deeper, well blended, and not too sharp and metallic, like the EDT/EDP.
But after 1 hour it becomes a nothing scent!!!. It simply doesn't exists!!
A parfum of double price of EDT and no one cannot smell it!!!
Now I use it, instead of cream, as a skin moisturizing layer, under Blue De Chanel. I didn't find any better use of it.!!

I want to do it justice
SO MANY BAD REVIEWS?!

so, i have owned the EDT, EDP, and this PARFUM version of sauvage. And I really want to help you to discern what is true about this fragrance, because so many people, because of olfactory fatigue, bash this fragrance for its lack of performance...

Ok! so let's compare.
IMO, the EDP is the least sweet version of sauvage, while having the BEST performance and having the most prominent ambroxan note. If you owned the EDP, you'll know that when you spray it on your neck and the juice gets on your shirt collar, even after you wash it, you can smell a very prominent, beautiful and metallic medicinal ambroxan.

Parfum, while not having the beast mode of EDP, is still very viable. THE KEY to be able to smell it is to spray it at least half arm length away from yourself to let the midst cover a large area, and only do 1-2 sprays. if you do this on your stomach area, I guarantee you you can smell it strongly for at least 5 hours, afterwards it settles down a bit but never a skin scent. The Parfum really reminds me more of the edt than the edp, but with added sandalwood richness.

The Parfum also won't project more than 3 feet away from you after it settles so it is significantly more office friendly. to tell you a story, when I first smelled sauvage edt it was on someone else, I didn't know what it was I was smelling but my initial thought was the person who was wearing it is an arrogant asshole. It smelled good but I laughed to myself, yeah, that person is exactly an ass of a person. The scent was incredibly aggressive so I don't think people would perceive it positively.

One note DIOR mentioned that I DO NOT perceive at all is the tonka bean. A lot of people say this fragrance is powdery. I don't get that at all. to my nose, after the initial mandarin sourness recedes, all I get is a very pleasant yet strong mixture of sandalwood and ambroxan aroma.

In conclusion:
IMO, Sauvage is the best blue scent DNA, reason being that it has character. My collection mainly consists of old school classic scents like habit rouge edt, eau sauvage edt etc... But you know, once in a while I really miss the linear ambroxan stuff.
Smellwise I truly think the EDP is the best because I perceive the ambroxan the most in that composition. However, I don't think it is as wearable due to its monstrous performance.

PARFUM for the win!
New is always better?
Who doesn't know him by now? Dior Sauvage's stunning and popular eau de toilette was a bomb in the perfume world. And rightly so! The fresh and yet tart note of the perfume is THE perfectly balanced combination and suitable for really every man.
So how does Sauvage?
perfume, released in 2019, perform? The fact that they both smell similar should not be a miracle for anyone, but still they differ in a scent. And this is tangerine! In general, the perfume has a more fruity touch than the eau de toilette, without neglecting the fresh and tart note. Nevertheless, it seems heavier than the eau de toilette and the eau de parfum, so in my opinion it's better suited for the cold and rough days. Because that's exactly when the pleasant tangerine comes to the fore!

Nevertheless, it can definitely be said that the fragrance evaporates faster than the eau de toilette and the eau de parfum.
All in all a successful fragrance

Not intensive, but mandarin
In my commentary on eau de parfum, I described in detail that I found a decent trace better than the eau de toilette. Even so much so that I had to take it into my possession - even if only for a limited time until the bottle was empty.

But how would I benefit from an increase to Sauvage Parfum? Would this be even more intense, intoxicating, attractive?

Well, what I notice is on the one hand a strong reference to the original Sauvage DNA, just peppery and quite synthetic or ambroxan-heavy. But the interesting difference is the small shot of mandarin, which makes this version much more independent and almost unmistakable.

I like tangerine, but here I have the feeling that they wanted to counter the successful Aqva Amara by Bulgari, the 1 Million by Paco Rabanne and possibly also the Wanted by Night by Azzaro with something at least slightly fruity-sweet without consistently leaving the aura of the mega-seller Sauvage.

It's actually quite clever, because that way you can expand the range and attract more buyers without alienating the original target group, although I think Sauvage Perfume is primarily aimed at younger people. And not without some thought, with the addition of perfume in the name, it's almost more of a flanker than a more intense version.

It should be noted, for example, that I sprayed all three versions 1 x next to each other on kitchen paper and even after days it was still noticeable that, paradoxically, the eau de toilette had the strongest radiance and durability and the so-called perfume was far softer, a little bit more fruity, more restrained and short-lived.

Nevertheless, for purely personal reasons, I still prefer the eau de parfum. It is more mature and captivatingly created for my taste and simply more enticing in its spicy-synthetic way.

So if you're on the H/S card, you won't necessarily be happy with Sauvage perfume, unless the timid tangerine note reconciles you.
Bleu de Sauvage???
Actually I have always been an opponent of the Sauvage series. I thought they were too intrusive and synthetically pungent. But here I have to admit to myself that I am now completely addicted to it. I had not really discovered it, it was made palatable to me in the form of a sample. It was a sunny and slightly windy, yet warm autumn day last year. My girlfriend and I were travelling in the beautiful city of Weimar. Actually, we were only here to stroll a little through the city and the park and afterwards have a coffee in an old town cafe. We walked past the miller and somehow I felt the urge to sniff a few scents. So we went in and off we went. After many rehearsals I got stuck in the Chanel corner and had Bleu de Chanel Edt wrapping which I liked very much. Then I went on and kept my friend company again who discovered a shower gel in the sale where she already has the perfume. So I took it and went with her to the checkout to buy it for her. It can be done, I think. :) Anyway, the nice saleswoman added a sample of Dior Sauvage. Actually I wanted to say that they can keep it, but I rejected the idea and thanked them. Arrived at home, I had to test the sample of course, and gave a spray on the back of my hand, with the aim of washing it off again immediately... But I gave him the chance and it was the right decision as I realized. So I smelled my hand and I had a flashback right away... That's just... No, it's not Bleu de Chanel? But somehow they resemble each other. This creamy fruitiness with shower gel violet reminded me quite strongly of this one. Anyway...I thought to myself and continued to smell my hand, slowly developing a little love for this fragrance. The sauvage DNA is definitely present but it is not as pungent as in the edt and edp. I also find it more elegant and somewhat quieter than the others, which I like. So I decided to buy it, which I did, as I could buy the 60ml for just 56€ at Flaconi. The durability is unbelievably good for me and far over +12h present. The sillage is not as strong as in the edt and edp but still remarkable. You definitely stand out and are regularly sniffed at and showered with compliments. Definitely a solid fragrance with an addictive factor that is perfect for the autumn winter spring. My absolute favourite in my collection

Demetera
The best of the Sauvage family
First thing first: I really-really hate the Sauvage EDT. Its a terrorizing, headache-making fragrance with way too much sillage. (Prada Luna Rossa Carbon is the ambrox-without-pain pick for me)

So its a really big thing from me, but its one of the best fragrances for me now. No terrorizing sillage, no headache, nothing negative to mention here. But there is a less fresh, but definately Sauvage DNA with much more spicyness, and a much more mature overall feeling. If Sauvage EDT is the problematic leather jacket guy in the back of the classrom in a high school, than Sauvage parfum is the same guy, but after a degree and 2-3 years of work :)

So if someone hate the Sauvage EDT, but looking for a not overpowering, everyday spicy fragrance-- then here we are.
CameronP
It's ok at the beginning, but it's getting better and better with time!
In fact, I'm not a fan of the Sauvage series and was quite skeptical at first. But I had been sent a scent sample and gave the scent a chance.
Freshly sprayed, the fragrance smells quite similar to the other Sauvage variants to me. Quite disappointed about the opening I wanted to put the scent into the box of the copied scents. However, after a short time I noticed that the scent is less scratchy and has a certain softness. Well, let's wait and see. But the scent developed more and more. When the base was reached after a few hours, I suddenly smelled a dream of sandalwood. Reminded me a lot of the Bleu de Chanel perfume.
In the end, I had to admit to myself that I really liked this base. I felt wrapped in sandalwood, and the sillage was pretty close to my skin, so I could only enjoy it for myself.

Conclusion, I like the fragrance, I have worn it several times. However, he still won't be a buyer for me. But for fans of the series, it's always something
Stony man with heart
Strong, strong, with a lot of depth and a big heart. A bold scent for a real guy who also goes on a climbing tour alone, is not afraid to get his hands dirty at times, but can also be a loner or a protective partner. A spicy, woody scent with herbs - so with many corners and edges, the lavender ground him, pepper makes him a conqueror, patchouli stands for the madness and freedom to do things that are not everyday. The freshness of mandarin and bergamot show its straightforwardness and reliability and the ambroxan gives it this "Zorro " seducer charm. So men get a great scent which smells very round after half an hour and which we like. Good and long presence, black bottle I like - is an attribute for the male side. Dear ladies, this could be a wonderful gift...

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 2 months ago
This one is not really needed, get the EdT. The Parfum is more concentrated but at the same time less characteristic
MatuxMatux 10 months ago
Less screetchy, more balmy - it has a prominent woody accord in the basenotes.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
Sauvage Parfum smells like the EDT but very toned down. The Ambroxan is not so harsh, the scent is smoother but the performance is weaker.
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 2 years ago
In any office building in midtown NYC (during pre-Corona times) you could smell almost EVERYONE wearing this scent. Too common.
DemeteraDemetera 2 years ago
I really hate the Sauvage EDT. But this is a muuch much better version, with a more spicy, much less frustrating vibe. 100% recommended one!
DPArtistDPArtist 3 years ago
The wild Ambroxan beast has been tamed with this more subtle edition. A fruity opening retreats to find the usual peppery Dior Sauvage DNA.

Dior Sauvage Parfum
by Teleta
by Toni1990
by Toni1990

Popular by Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior