Sauvage Parfum by Dior / Christian Dior

Sauvage Parfum is a new perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-synthetic. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Sichuan pepper, Nutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxan, Papua vanilla absolute, Ceylonese sandalwood, Virginia cedar, Tonka bean, Patchouli

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 13.11.2019

The advertising campaign, starring Johnny Depp, is directed by French photographer and filmmaker Jean-Baptiste Mondino.

ScentSlaveScentSlave 88 days ago

„This was done very well”

DrakecitoDrakecito 64 days ago

„When Dior clones Chanel.”

They have plagiarized, cloned, or as you prefer, the concept of Bleu de Chanel "Parfum". This is something that Dior (LVMH) has been doing with each launch...
7.0 8.0 7.5/10

CameronP
It's ok at the beginning, but it's getting better and better with time!
In fact, I'm not a fan of the Sauvage series and was quite skeptical at first. But I had been sent a scent sample and gave the scent a chance.
Freshly sprayed, the fragrance smells quite similar to the other Sauvage variants to me. Quite disappointed about the opening I wanted to put the scent into the box of the copied scents. However, after a short time I noticed that the scent is less scratchy and has a certain softness. Well, let's wait and see. But the scent developed more and more. When the base was reached after a few hours, I suddenly smelled a dream of sandalwood. Reminded me a lot of the Bleu de Chanel perfume.
In the end, I had to admit to myself that I really liked this base. I felt wrapped in sandalwood, and the sillage was pretty close to my skin, so I could only enjoy it for myself.

Conclusion, I like the fragrance, I have worn it several times. However, he still won't be a buyer for me. But for fans of the series, it's always something

Stony man with heart
Strong, strong, with a lot of depth and a big heart. A bold scent for a real guy who also goes on a climbing tour alone, is not afraid to get his hands dirty at times, but can also be a loner or a protective partner. A spicy, woody scent with herbs - so with many corners and edges, the lavender ground him, pepper makes him a conqueror, patchouli stands for the madness and freedom to do things that are not everyday. The freshness of mandarin and bergamot show its straightforwardness and reliability and the ambroxan gives it this "Zorro " seducer charm. So men get a great scent which smells very round after half an hour and which we like. Good and long presence, black bottle I like - is an attribute for the male side. Dear ladies, this could be a wonderful gift...
10.0 2.0 8.0 8.0/10

What a disappointment
Dior Sauvage Parfum actually does a lot right and is still a big disappointment for me. So I'm glad I didn't get the bottle but a sample of a perfume.

The bottle is well-known, but very good, which also applies to the sprayer.
The same applies to the fragrance, which I like from the beginning. Especially the warm and comfortable drydown I like very much. I could keep sniffing at that.

All this doesn't matter in the end because the perfume has two problems.
First of all, there is the extremely bad Sillage. Also at the beginning, it is at most with one meter, if at all. Sure, you can't expect as much from a perfume as you can from an edt or edp, but you can't expect as much?
And what's worse: After 45 to 60 minutes it is only perceptible at close range. That's just not possible. And no, I have not only gotten used to the scent, but also let others smell it. You only take the scent directly on the skin was. Even I, the wearer, have none of it.

That at such a proud price is simply unacceptable.

Purely from the smell it is my favourite sauvage, because it is simply the most complex. But I don't spend the money on a very close scent. Even with eight sprayers, it wasn't noticed. At edt or edp I could use it to smell a warehouse.

Sorry Dior, but I prefer to stay with EDP, or buy two other designers who are similar or just as good
6.0 2.0 5.0 3.0/10

When Dior clones Chanel.

This is something that Dior (LVMH) has been doing with each launch of its Sauvage line, from the beginning.
See even the magnetic cap, coincidentally with the same bottle color, etc ...

Yes, I know that the magnetic plug is used by other brands, but it was to start using Chanel in Bleu and pum, copy .. Chanel takes out the EDP and pum, copy. Now take out the Parfum and pum ... Is this really the paradise of ​​perfumery, of luxury, that we are trying to sell? I don't know, I think it's pretty crappy.

In the EDT, although the style was identical with that citrus opening, with the darker background, dusty and woody in the Chanel and the ambroxan in Dior, the smell was much more different than in the later flankers. In the EDP they got closer, sweetening the mixture and making it something deeper and less squeaky.

In this Parfum, they get even closer. They have loaded the ambroxan and dries with an indefinite smell, pulling the woody / creamy (sandalwood), just like in the Chanel.

I do distinguish the citrus from the opening, which has lasted about 20 seconds, to go out in the comments, all of this quite poor.

The feeling of quality, I found inferior in the Dior.

The performance, like that of Chanel, is simply unfortunate, although in this case and unlike previous flankers, I think the Dior is losing.

It's not about looking for discretion and all that stuff. This is that, after 5-10 minutes, nobody smells unless you stick your nose to the skin and breathe ... 10 sprays and after 10 minutes, in an elevator, with 3 more people (trustworthy, je,je), nobody smelled it. Of the 3, it is clearly the worst performer.

Poor quality, poor performance...

Come on, honestly, I thought it was an insult to perfumery and a real consumer scam.
8.0 7.0 9.0 9.5/10

PhillipFrag
The crowning glory of the Sauvage series and no screamer
The Dior Sauvage EDT was my entry into the world of fragrance at that time. Smell, in love, worn for three years. At some point, it was enough for me. On the one hand because I wanted a new Signature fragrance, on the other hand because you suddenly smell the Dior Sauvage on every corner. So I switched to Armani Acqua the Gino Profumo, but that's another story.
When the eau de Parfum came onto the market, I became curious again and tested it, but it didn't convince me. So another time passed. Often I noticed the Sauvage DNA and thought to myself: Damn, it still smells good..
suddenly I heard about the new release of the perfume.
Directly to the perfumery and a Samlper secured and what should I say:
-this fragrance should have replaced the eau de parfum. For me, the crowning glory of the line. Sauvage DNA is clearly visible, but is not as pungent and screaming in perfume as it is in EDT. In contrast to EDT, however, a certain warmth and creaminess envelops you directly. This becomes more prominent in the sale of the fragrance, at the end one clearly perceives the Tonkabone and thed Patchouli, which gives it a spicy-sweet base to the long citric course.

In summary, for me it is clear:
Enough similarity that an EDT fan also gets his money's worth here, but pleasantly different from the EDT. (I can't say much about the EDP). The fragrance is slightly more mature, creamy and tends to be more intended for spring / autumn / winter. The shelf life is brutal, but the silage is not as room-filling as the EDT. This is great for me, because sometimes the EDT is just too much for me. Some say the perfume is very close to the eye. I can't confirm this like that. I have a silage similar to the Bleu de Chanel EDP, so perfect for me. Noticeable when someone is standing next to you or walking, but not smelling in the whole room.

If you own the EDT you don't have to switch, but if I had to decide between the two I would definitely use the perfume!
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

AnjaTom
This scent should have come as EDP already!
When you spray on the Sauvage perfume, you immediately feel at home. You come through the door and everything's like... But wait, something's different!
The furniture is changed, other decoration stands on the tables and on the windowsill, it all looks warmer, more harmonious!
A pleasant ambient lighting floods the room, an oven crackles, it smells woody and like mandarins, but not Christmassy! Thank God.
We are talking here about a totally well captured autumn mood.

Oh, great. You feel comfortable, you feel at home.
When you spray on the perfume you have the feeling that EDP was only one between development stage, nothing half and not whole. For me the EDP was the not yet finished perfume.
Finally the distance to the EDT is big enough to own both, if you like! The EDP developed a rather sour note on my skin, which is now God's thanks gone!

EXPERIENCE HOW:
"No resemblance to EdT/EdP/Cool Spray" I CANNOT FOLLOW < br /> "Woman's fragrance?" NO, SO A QUATSCH

I find this fragrance is as made for autumn spring winter, for me more universal than the EDP.
EDT remains of course the "KING OF SUMMER", whereby I have for my part currently nicer alternatives for it.
In short, who likes Sauvage (no matter which one) will also like this one.
It is finer, rounder and more fruity than the EDP, the mandarin holds itself almost am in the heart.
Worth a test! For me very good, but certainly for many no Must Have.
For me, the line remains a "superstar"!

Just my 2 cents!
6.0 5.0 5.0/10

No resemblance to EdT/EdP - spicy dimmed patchouli
I had a 10 ml test bottle of turquoise in the mail unsolicited today. Obviously I count there already to the regular clientele.

I don't like the Ambroxan note on the Dior Sauvage Edt and EdP. These two look to me like masculine mass-produced goods for women. Every second woman in the morning S-Bahn felt an Ambroxan cloud around her. With Dior Sauvage, the ambroxan hype has now spread to men. I don't like ambroxan scents. For me these are chemical mass articles, which are combined by light alternation on the basis of an apparently largely identical basis, until finally the combinatorial possibilities are exhausted at some point.

To the Dior Sauvage Perfume:

I don't perceive Ambroxan. In the above description of the ingredients there is also nothing about it. But this makes us wonder what justifies the name. A flanker as suggested is Dior Sauvage perfume not.
I take the scent when a spicy dimmed patchouli was. Patchouli because the earthy herbaceous note of it forms the basis. Dimmed, because the stabbing character like in Aramis, Aramis or Givenchy Gentlemen (1974) of Patchouli is missing. It is bounded by spicy aromatic opponents. This is the pepper and the citric components from the top note. Altogether I have a fresh, spicy and aromatic impression.

Dior Sauvage Parfum is smooth but without character. This seems to me to be the only parallel with the EdT and the EdP. It is unimpressive, does not hurt anyone, but does not cause storms of enthusiasm.

Apparently, Dior wanted to expand its moneymaker, the Dior Sauvage range, with another product variant. Does the vulture know why they left out the Ambroxan this time? But it didn't get any better. The Sauvage series also has no representative with the perfume flanker that is with the character scents of the house (Homme series, Fahrenheit EdT and the Eau Sauvage series) is a breath might be called.
10.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Not Sauvage
Third in line. The worst for me, too. First of all - we're still talking about an above-average perfume! but this flanker, his own name
Sauvage - what in French means as much as "wild" does not really mean after. I really liked the corners and edges of the first variant - the EDT - and still do today. This one is much smoother and rounder than the two predecessors, but will it replace the EDT in my collection? No. Does it make sense to have both? Clear to me, no. So why trade the wild water for this one?
9.0 2.0 5.0 8.5/10

JulianIssei
My heart and my yellow pouch are bleeding.
I don't actually write any reviews here on Parfumo at all, but the new release of Dior has caused me to do so. I was already a trusted perfumer before I started selling and I really wanted to test it because Dior Sauvage is currently the most popular men's fragrance on the market. I already owned both the EdT and the EdP and wanted to include the third baby in my collection. I had my girlfriend in tow. We were able to test the perfume. And what can I say? I really liked the smell. My girlfriend even more. The purchase decision was made and I was happy like a little child.

Some days later in the future.
Unfortunately I have to say that the performance of the perfume is really devastatingly bad. The fragrance has no sillage, i.e. it sits very close to the skin and no matter how much of the perfume you apply, another person can only smell you if you became intimate with that person and that person sniffed right at your neck. Don't exaggerate. You can no longer perceive the scent yourself after a short time.
Since this version is the perfume and this should be the strongest version I am even more disappointed. This version has nothing to do with the predecessors, if you go after the performance.
The predecessors are both very strong and have an impressive sillage for the fact that they are fresh scents. The scent itself is really good, I must say. In my opinion, the best of the three Sauvages.
But if you pay attention to the price and how badly this perfume performs, I've really been disappointed and wish I could give it back. A great pity I was looking forward to it
8.0 8.0 10.0 9.0/10

This was done very well
Everyone who was afraid that this would mirror the EDT/EDP can rest assured; when I first sprayed this on, I actually thought that it was closer to the Bleu de Chanel Parfum than the Sauvage line... I had to compare the two before I shelled out the $150 to buy it (I have the Bleu Parfum and I didn’t want two of the same scent). Upon comparison is when you can detect the differences; the Sauvage is “smoother” and “sweeter”, while the Bleu is “brighter” and “sharper”. That “signature” Sauvage scent from the EDT/EDP (the ambroxin/bergamot note) is almost undetected. I was indeed tentative to make the purchase, but when you use it a few times, the “signature” Sauvage DNA faintly makes its presence known.

If you LOVE that ambroxin signature, or if you were expecting it to be accented and resonant, you’re going to be disappointed. Otherwise, if you didn’t want a repeat, and you were looking for different (Sauvage) horizons, this one hits the nail on the head. It’s a matter of perspective, period.

Those that despise that signature will have to look for something else to hate in this one; it’s a smooth, dark ride, that lasts a good 8+hours. The sillage is there, but it’s not a beast in projection by any means. Again it is very similar to the Bleu de Chanel parfum, ESPECIALLY in this regard. It’s long lasting in sillage, but it doesn’t have a large radius in projection.

Its heads or tails on how you’re going to like it, and it’s definitely NOT one to blind buy. Have a peek, and see which side of the fence you sit on, then make your decision. I personally like it a lot.

Skylab
Crackling campfire under a starry sky - Sauvage at night!
The Sauvage Story continues - a new chapter is opened, the wolves howl on, Johnny puts on his blouse, together with his poncho again and now sits chilly at the campfire...

My last Parfumo Duft comment was a few moons ago and ended with the view to the new Sauvage Parfum! Contrary to my assumption Dior does not make us happy only in the new decade, but already now - one and a half years after the EDP!

With Sauvage, Dior has now established a whole collection of products including a new moisturising cream and from next year also....pssst...still secret...! Only with the classic Eau Sauvage the brand has similarly many products to one fragrance in its assortment! I love it when I can and can celebrate my favourite fragrance from head to toe, for example with the Very Cool Spray! A well-known YouTuber likes to make a fool of himself for a minute...since then All Over Body Sprays have been celebrating a comeback! But that's only on the side.

Let's get down to business The term "perfume" is misleading for some people or why a "perfume" after the more noble "Eau De Parfum"? Parfum" or "Extrait de Parfum" contains 15 to 30% perfume oil. An "Eau de Parfum" contains between 8 and 14% perfume oil. Furthermore the Dior Parfum versions are knitted more opulently than the EDP's with regard to fragrance technology, more upscale - like the Sauvage PARFUM!

The opening is creamy, fruity, accompanied by a citric undertone. More opulence and velvety features are already unmistakable here!

The fragrance appears thicker, more full-bodied and richer right from the start, without being intrusive or even disguising.

The further course of the fragrance is peppered with powdery, peppery spice and warm accents. Sometimes I actually smell parallels to Bleu de Chanel's EDP/Perfume!

Woody, leathery nuances paired with bitter chords round off the fragrance and merge with the skin! The durability is very satisfactory! Even after 8 hours plus I perceive the scent on me! Sillage is very intense at the beginning, but weakens after the first hour.

The Sauvage perfume flatters my nose and should perhaps appease the many critics with its oriental aromas a little or mercifully...? But it is not for savers - 60ml costs 96,50 Euro!

SAUVAGE FOREVER!!!

DPArtist 71 days ago
The wild Ambroxan beast has been tamed with this more subtle edition. A fruity opening retreats to find the usual peppery Dior Sauvage DNA.
6.0