Sauvage Parfum 2019

Sauvage Parfum by Dior
Sauvage Parfum is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-synthetic. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Sichuan pepper, Nutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxan, Papua New Guinea vanilla absolute, Ceylonese sandalwood, Virginia cedar, Tonka bean, Patchouli

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 09.04.2021.

The advertising campaign starring Johnny Depp was directed by French photographer and filmmaker Jean-Baptiste Mondino.

Anastasios
It just dissapears after 1 hour!!!!
It was a shock for me!
I choose to buy the Parfum flanker instead of EDT and EDP because I found it richer, deeper, well blended, and not too sharp and metallic, like the EDT/EDP.
But after 1 hour it becomes a nothing scent!!!. It simply doesn't exists!!
A parfum of double price of EDT and no one cannot smell it!!!
Now I use it, instead of cream, as a skin moisturizing layer, under Blue De Chanel. I didn't find any better use of it.!!

I want to do it justice
SO MANY BAD REVIEWS?!

so, i have owned the EDT, EDP, and this PARFUM version of sauvage. And I really want to help you to discern what is true about this fragrance, because so many people, because of olfactory fatigue, bash this fragrance for its lack of performance...

Ok! so let's compare.
IMO, the EDP is the least sweet version of sauvage, while having the BEST performance and having the most prominent ambroxan note. If you owned the EDP, you'll know that when you spray it on your neck and the juice gets on your shirt collar, even after you wash it, you can smell a very prominent, beautiful and metallic medicinal ambroxan.

Parfum, while not having the beast mode of EDP, is still very viable. THE KEY to be able to smell it is to spray it at least half arm length away from yourself to let the midst cover a large area, and only do 1-2 sprays. if you do this on your stomach area, I guarantee you you can smell it strongly for at least 5 hours, afterwards it settles down a bit but never a skin scent. The Parfum really reminds me more of the edt than the edp, but with added sandalwood richness.

The Parfum also won't project more than 3 feet away from you after it settles so it is significantly more office friendly. to tell you a story, when I first smelled sauvage edt it was on someone else, I didn't know what it was I was smelling but my initial thought was the person who was wearing it is an arrogant asshole. It smelled good but I laughed to myself, yeah, that person is exactly an ass of a person. The scent was incredibly aggressive so I don't think people would perceive it positively.

One note DIOR mentioned that I DO NOT perceive at all is the tonka bean. A lot of people say this fragrance is powdery. I don't get that at all. to my nose, after the initial mandarin sourness recedes, all I get is a very pleasant yet strong mixture of sandalwood and ambroxan aroma.

In conclusion:
IMO, Sauvage is the best blue scent DNA, reason being that it has character. My collection mainly consists of old school classic scents like habit rouge edt, eau sauvage edt etc... But you know, once in a while I really miss the linear ambroxan stuff.
Smellwise I truly think the EDP is the best because I perceive the ambroxan the most in that composition. However, I don't think it is as wearable due to its monstrous performance.

PARFUM for the win!
New is always better?
Who doesn't know him by now? Dior Sauvage's stunning and popular eau de toilette was a bomb in the perfume world. And rightly so! The fresh and yet tart note of the perfume is THE perfectly balanced combination and suitable for really every man.
So how does Sauvage?
perfume, released in 2019, perform? The fact that they both smell similar should not be a miracle for anyone, but still they differ in a scent. And this is tangerine! In general, the perfume has a more fruity touch than the eau de toilette, without neglecting the fresh and tart note. Nevertheless, it seems heavier than the eau de toilette and the eau de parfum, so in my opinion it's better suited for the cold and rough days. Because that's exactly when the pleasant tangerine comes to the fore!

Nevertheless, it can definitely be said that the fragrance evaporates faster than the eau de toilette and the eau de parfum.
All in all a successful fragrance

Not intensive, but mandarin
In my commentary on eau de parfum, I described in detail that I found a decent trace better than the eau de toilette. Even so much so that I had to take it into my possession - even if only for a limited time until the bottle was empty.

But how would I benefit from an increase to Sauvage Parfum? Would this be even more intense, intoxicating, attractive?

Well, what I notice is on the one hand a strong reference to the original Sauvage DNA, just peppery and quite synthetic or ambroxan-heavy. But the interesting difference is the small shot of mandarin, which makes this version much more independent and almost unmistakable.

I like tangerine, but here I have the feeling that they wanted to counter the successful Aqva Amara by Bulgari, the 1 Million by Paco Rabanne and possibly also the Wanted by Night by Azzaro with something at least slightly fruity-sweet without consistently leaving the aura of the mega-seller Sauvage.

It's actually quite clever, because that way you can expand the range and attract more buyers without alienating the original target group, although I think Sauvage Perfume is primarily aimed at younger people. And not without some thought, with the addition of perfume in the name, it's almost more of a flanker than a more intense version.

It should be noted, for example, that I sprayed all three versions 1 x next to each other on kitchen paper and even after days it was still noticeable that, paradoxically, the eau de toilette had the strongest radiance and durability and the so-called perfume was far softer, a little bit more fruity, more restrained and short-lived.

Nevertheless, for purely personal reasons, I still prefer the eau de parfum. It is more mature and captivatingly created for my taste and simply more enticing in its spicy-synthetic way.

So if you're on the H/S card, you won't necessarily be happy with Sauvage perfume, unless the timid tangerine note reconciles you.
Bleu de Sauvage???
Actually I have always been an opponent of the Sauvage series. I thought they were too intrusive and synthetically pungent. But here I have to admit to myself that I am now completely addicted to it. I had not really discovered it, it was made palatable to me in the form of a sample. It was a sunny and slightly windy, yet warm autumn day last year. My girlfriend and I were travelling in the beautiful city of Weimar. Actually, we were only here to stroll a little through the city and the park and afterwards have a coffee in an old town cafe. We walked past the miller and somehow I felt the urge to sniff a few scents. So we went in and off we went. After many rehearsals I got stuck in the Chanel corner and had Bleu de Chanel Edt wrapping which I liked very much. Then I went on and kept my friend company again who discovered a shower gel in the sale where she already has the perfume. So I took it and went with her to the checkout to buy it for her. It can be done, I think. :) Anyway, the nice saleswoman added a sample of Dior Sauvage. Actually I wanted to say that they can keep it, but I rejected the idea and thanked them. Arrived at home, I had to test the sample of course, and gave a spray on the back of my hand, with the aim of washing it off again immediately... But I gave him the chance and it was the right decision as I realized. So I smelled my hand and I had a flashback right away... That's just... No, it's not Bleu de Chanel? But somehow they resemble each other. This creamy fruitiness with shower gel violet reminded me quite strongly of this one. Anyway...I thought to myself and continued to smell my hand, slowly developing a little love for this fragrance. The sauvage DNA is definitely present but it is not as pungent as in the edt and edp. I also find it more elegant and somewhat quieter than the others, which I like. So I decided to buy it, which I did, as I could buy the 60ml for just 56€ at Flaconi. The durability is unbelievably good for me and far over +12h present. The sillage is not as strong as in the edt and edp but still remarkable. You definitely stand out and are regularly sniffed at and showered with compliments. Definitely a solid fragrance with an addictive factor that is perfect for the autumn winter spring. My absolute favourite in my collection

Demetera
The best of the Sauvage family
First thing first: I really-really hate the Sauvage EDT. Its a terrorizing, headache-making fragrance with way too much sillage. (Prada Luna Rossa Carbon is the ambrox-without-pain pick for me)

So its a really big thing from me, but its one of the best fragrances for me now. No terrorizing sillage, no headache, nothing negative to mention here. But there is a less fresh, but definately Sauvage DNA with much more spicyness, and a much more mature overall feeling. If Sauvage EDT is the problematic leather jacket guy in the back of the classrom in a high school, than Sauvage parfum is the same guy, but after a degree and 2-3 years of work :)

So if someone hate the Sauvage EDT, but looking for a not overpowering, everyday spicy fragrance-- then here we are.
CameronP
It's ok at the beginning, but it's getting better and better with time!
In fact, I'm not a fan of the Sauvage series and was quite skeptical at first. But I had been sent a scent sample and gave the scent a chance.
Freshly sprayed, the fragrance smells quite similar to the other Sauvage variants to me. Quite disappointed about the opening I wanted to put the scent into the box of the copied scents. However, after a short time I noticed that the scent is less scratchy and has a certain softness. Well, let's wait and see. But the scent developed more and more. When the base was reached after a few hours, I suddenly smelled a dream of sandalwood. Reminded me a lot of the Bleu de Chanel perfume.
In the end, I had to admit to myself that I really liked this base. I felt wrapped in sandalwood, and the sillage was pretty close to my skin, so I could only enjoy it for myself.

Conclusion, I like the fragrance, I have worn it several times. However, he still won't be a buyer for me. But for fans of the series, it's always something
Stony man with heart
Strong, strong, with a lot of depth and a big heart. A bold scent for a real guy who also goes on a climbing tour alone, is not afraid to get his hands dirty at times, but can also be a loner or a protective partner. A spicy, woody scent with herbs - so with many corners and edges, the lavender ground him, pepper makes him a conqueror, patchouli stands for the madness and freedom to do things that are not everyday. The freshness of mandarin and bergamot show its straightforwardness and reliability and the ambroxan gives it this "Zorro " seducer charm. So men get a great scent which smells very round after half an hour and which we like. Good and long presence, black bottle I like - is an attribute for the male side. Dear ladies, this could be a wonderful gift...
What a disappointment
Dior Sauvage Parfum actually does a lot right and is still a big disappointment for me. So I'm glad I didn't get the bottle but a sample of a perfume.

The bottle is well-known, but very good, which also applies to the sprayer.
The same applies to the fragrance, which I like from the beginning. Especially the warm and comfortable drydown I like very much. I could keep sniffing at that.

All this doesn't matter in the end because the perfume has two problems.
First of all, there is the extremely bad Sillage. Also at the beginning, it is at most with one meter, if at all. Sure, you can't expect as much from a perfume as you can from an edt or edp, but you can't expect as much?
And what's worse: After 45 to 60 minutes it is only perceptible at close range. That's just not possible. And no, I have not only gotten used to the scent, but also let others smell it. You only take the scent directly on the skin was. Even I, the wearer, have none of it.

That at such a proud price is simply unacceptable.

Purely from the smell it is my favourite sauvage, because it is simply the most complex. But I don't spend the money on a very close scent. Even with eight sprayers, it wasn't noticed. At edt or edp I could use it to smell a warehouse.

Sorry Dior, but I prefer to stay with EDP, or buy two other designers who are similar or just as good

When Dior clones Chanel.
They have plagiarized, cloned, or as you prefer, the concept of Bleu de Chanel "Parfum".

This is something that Dior (LVMH) has been doing with each launch of its Sauvage line, from the beginning.
See even the magnetic cap, coincidentally with the same bottle color, etc ...

Yes, I know that the magnetic plug is used by other brands, but it was to start using Chanel in Bleu and pum, copy .. Chanel takes out the EDP and pum, copy. Now take out the Parfum and pum ... Is this really the paradise of ​​perfumery, of luxury, that we are trying to sell? I don't know, I think it's pretty crappy.

In the EDT, although the style was identical with that citrus opening, with the darker background, dusty and woody in the Chanel and the ambroxan in Dior, the smell was much more different than in the later flankers. In the EDP they got closer, sweetening the mixture and making it something deeper and less squeaky.

In this Parfum, they get even closer. They have loaded the ambroxan and dries with an indefinite smell, pulling the woody / creamy (sandalwood), just like in the Chanel.

I do distinguish the citrus from the opening, which has lasted about 20 seconds, to go out in the comments, all of this quite poor.

The feeling of quality, I found inferior in the Dior.

The performance, like that of Chanel, is simply unfortunate, although in this case and unlike previous flankers, I think the Dior is losing.

It's not about looking for discretion and all that stuff. This is that, after 5-10 minutes, nobody smells unless you stick your nose to the skin and breathe ... 10 sprays and after 10 minutes, in an elevator, with 3 more people (trustworthy, je,je), nobody smelled it. Of the 3, it is clearly the worst performer.

Poor quality, poor performance...

Come on, honestly, I thought it was an insult to perfumery and a real consumer scam.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
Sauvage Parfum smells like the EDT but very toned down. The Ambroxan is not so harsh, the scent is smoother but the performance is weaker.
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 11 months ago
In any office building in midtown NYC (during pre-Corona times) you could smell almost EVERYONE wearing this scent. Too common.
DemeteraDemetera 1 year ago
I really hate the Sauvage EDT. But this is a muuch much better version, with a more spicy, much less frustrating vibe. 100% recommended one!
DPArtistDPArtist 2 years ago
The wild Ambroxan beast has been tamed with this more subtle edition. A fruity opening retreats to find the usual peppery Dior Sauvage DNA.

Dior Sauvage Parfum
by Eros40211
by Teleta
by Teleta

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior