Tobacolor 2021

Tobacolor by Dior
Tobacolor is a new perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2021. The scent is smoky-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

TobaccoTobacco
PeachPeach
PlumPlum
HoneyHoney
Smoky notesSmoky notes

Submitted by multiple users, last update on 12.07.2021.

Autumn colors
Light blond tobacco
golden yellow peaches
purple plums
brown-golden honey
ochre fields
The colors of autumn, applied impasto with broad brushstrokes, that's how I feel "Tobacolor" on my skin.

François Demachy reached deep into nature's paintbox for Christian Dior and thus painted an autumn picture in fragrance: atypical and unexpected, but I like the result.
Maybe it's because I was friends with a pipe smoker for many years; I liked that aromatic comfort that came from smoking like that.

Therefore, to me, "Tobacolor" is not alienating, but rather the image of autumn, the time of harvest.
In the large manor house kitchen, the large bundles of light blond tobacco are drying; they hang from large hooks just below the ceiling.
On the old brick hearth, jams and stewed fruit bubble in big copper pots: peaches and plums ripened in quantities this year and are now being boiled down for winter.
On the kiln the fruit lies sliced and halved; it will take time to dry.
The air is heavy with the warmth of the kiln and the rich, not-too-sweet scents of fruit; the golden honey used to refine it does its part: the wisps of scent grow denser, and so perfume the bright tobacco.
It, too, is a very special crop, and will later exude that fruitiness, in the fragrant aroma of which it now sways quietly to and fro.
Smoke from the fields keeps drifting through the wide-open windows; there the stubble is being flamed away - it's autumn!

"Tobacolor" is for me a rich, aromatic autumn scent, a kind of "harvest festival" for the senses.
Everything about it is as if bathed in soft autumn light, yet glows with rich colors.
I like this new creation, its smoky spiciness that clings to my skin like lightly warmed perfumed honey and seems to give it a golden glow of fragrance.

Even if summer is just beginning: Christian Dior or Monsieur Demachy give me the "golden autumn" and I am already looking forward to it!
Honey with pipe tobacco?
Got the fragrance as an addition (many thanks to "Cafenoir") and had to lead me of course directly full of curiosity to mind.

Sprayed on, took a deep breath and directly shot me an image of deep golden noble wild honey in the head, where the light mystically through the glass seems. Similar to the Shankara stones in Indiana Jones.

Continuing the olfactory journey, a tin of very noble pipe tobacco opened up before me. But not the kind of rough sailor's weed you'd expect on stormy days on the coast. Instead, an excellent flake, as any pipe lover in his cashmere cardigan would stuff into his favorite pipe with a joyful expression and inner balanced peace of mind. Wonderfully juicy and aromatic at the same time. Rounded off by a very pleasant peach note. Also the smoky character is very warm without triggering pungent unrest.

The durability is top and it was for me once again one of the fragrances I liked right away at the first spray. My partner also liked him immediately, which surprised me but very much because I have already counted on the comment "grandpa fragrance". I can imagine that it is not everyone's cup of tea due to its very special character. For me, a candidate that must be in my collection, because he simply triggers well-being.
MonsieurRoy
Warm, gentle and infinitely beautiful :o)))))
Somewhere in the far Arabian south the sun is setting in the evening and the sky is glowing in dark red, golden brown, ochre, amber and purple - ameythyst shining colors and cultured men in elegant white caftans sit together in golden sand dunes at the campfire and smoke, telling each other stories from glorious times past and from 1001 nights and a warm elegant smoky tobacco scent in honeyfruity notes gently flickers through the warm evening air - and the night falls and one is infinitely happy. A classic ---and the durability and stillness are above average :-))))) Merci Monsieur Francois Demachy :o))))) A masterpiece :o)))))) 12 stars ***************
!!
NickS
That's what Turkey smells like to me!
A very beautiful and individual fragrance! For me, the honey comes through quite clearly in this perfume. He still clearly surpasses the tobacco! In addition, the smoky notes come to it, which round off the whole well. He is by the tobacco of course not everyone's cup of tea, but he has what!

By the composition, the fragrance reminds me very much of Turkey: spices, tobacco, hookah, honey! Simply great!

The fruity parts, however, I do not smell out
Sweetish, smoky, tobacco - Not for everyone what
Ordered it, tested it, decided to keep it, tried it again days later and applied it, couldn't identify with the spicy tobacco note anymore and am selling it again. Hach. It's not necessarily masculine, but I see it more on a man than a woman. It's a beautiful, softly smoky tobacco-heavy scent that's accompanied by a sweetness, but not a scent I'd want to wear at dinner or in my everyday life. It's special and I definitely don't recommend buying it blind!

Dior take on tobacco
When I heard about this fragrance I was very excited because whenever I talked to salespersons from Dior, I told them that Dior is missing a great tobacco scent. Now I got some experience with the scent and I want to share it with you.

First of all, Dior is not reinventing the wheel with this fragrance. There are certain aspects about this fragrance that can be found in other scents. I also want to say that as far as my research goes, this fragrance seems to be highly skin dependent. Some people have said that it is ultra sweet, others that it is ultra smoky. I can only tell you how it is on my skin but want to make you aware, that you should not blind buy this fragrance upon my experience, because yours might be different.

The fragrance starts with sweetness from the honey, fruitiness from the plum (I don’t get much peach) and smoky spiciness from the tobacco. The opening kind of remind me of the recently discontinued Plum Japonais by Tom Ford. It is not the same but I get similar vibes. Those vibes last for about 90mins.
Afterwards the fragrance develops in the direction of Back to Black by Kilian Paris. Honey and Tobacco are still present, smokiness is gone and some fruitiness is still there but less prominent. This stage of the fragrance lasts for about 2more hours.
The fragrance develops one more time. In the last 4 Hours of it’s lifetime it almost comes across like there is an Amber accord still with fruitiness. At this stage the fragrance reminds me of Ambre Eccentrico by Armani Prive.

As you can see the fragrance develops quite a lot on my skin and I really enjoy that. Although the fragrance reminds me of other fragrances at each stage there is not point where I would consider this fragrance being a clone or redundant to the ones mentioned in my description.

The performance is quite good, although it could be a bit better for the type of scent that it is. I get a longevity of about 8 hours and heavy projection for the first 3 hours and 3 more hours of medium projection.

The bottle and packaging hasn’t changed compared to other releases from the line.

Dior recently increased its prices by about 10%. Some other fragrances from the line are now not worth it anymore, however, if if you like how the fragrance smells on your skin, I’d still recommend a buy. But do not blind buy!
5.5
Ischgelroi
Again a Dior which can not convince ?
I received my Tobacolor bottling today and the scent has been with me since this morning when the letter arrived in the mail. I was really pleased when I read the notes of this new Dior release and it was clear that I have to test the fragrance, because I was looking for a mild tobacco fragrance. But I don't want to go on about the actual topic, but tell you directly how Tobacolor is for me: Tobacolor is really a mild tobacco scent, which I also like very much, but unfortunately then comes directly such a load of honey that not much remains of the beautiful tobacco, which is really a pity. The honey is still pulled by the peach in the sweet fruity, which I actually do not find bad, but the peach is just too present for me, which is why Tobacolor here unfortunately goes in a direction where I say as a man that I can not really imagine the fragrance on me, this whole transformation goes through Tobacolor in about 30 minutes, then the tobacco, honey and peach combination remains the whole further course and makes no real change more. The honey tobacco combination has for me great similarities to Serge Lutens Arabie, which makes me here really think of Arabie with a peach note to it. I'm sorry to say here again that I don't really like a Dior. I really don't find Tobacolor bad or unpleasant to wear but unfortunately this fragrance really couldn't convince me. The symbol of a shisha with fruity tobacco mentioned in the description I get here unfortunately also not really, unfortunately I must say here again that this Dior is not bought by me, he does not really convince me, is too feminine or simply not suitable for me, really very sad that Dior has not succeeded here again to convince me.
The peach fear
Yay a new Maison Christian Dior but what is it? Peach? Oh nooo...
Those were my first thoughts when I read the fragrance notes. So I had almost written off the fragrance. Not because I don't like the fragrance notes, but because it usually makes fragrances too feminine for me. However, I really love tobacco and honey in fragrances. There it is again, I thought to myself, the dichotomy should I order the fragrance or rather keep my hands off. Well, ultimately, the curiosity usually wins, so also in this case and I have let myself be carried away to order the fragrance immediately when appear.
After I have worn the fragrance now several times I would like to take you now a bit and tell you how I perceived the fragrance. The fragrance starts with a smoky tobacco note wrapped in a pleasant sweetness, which it turns out after a short time clearly as honey. The fragrance develops in the course of the fragrance in an even sweeter direction, for this provides the plum, which plays a much larger role in this fragrance as initially suspected. This gives the fragrance a nice fruity note.
Now one or the other may wonder what is now with the peach, I also wonder. I perceive him (fortunately XD) only very subtly in combination with the plum.
With the performance's also nothing to complain about, which is me as a Franke already a clear compliment. I perceive Tobacolor up to 7 hours on the skin, on the clothes I still perceive a good bit longer. The sillage is Maison Christian Dior typical rather close to the skin but do not worry Tobacolor does not hide now again.
Overall, a very good and round new release.
Ups & downs
In the search for an authentic tobacco scent, there were unfortunately more lows than highs in recent months. That is, some blind purchases and tons of samples and bottlings that are now, due to displeasure in the drawer. In my defense, I have to mention that I usually dabble in the realms of rose and oud. Thus a certain ignorance is not to be excluded. Certainly there are plenty of perfumers who can recreate authentic tobacco chords 1:1. However, I didn't want tobacco drowned in honey, or wrapped around cinnamon sticks and gingerbread spices. Nor did the sensation of licking out an ashtray match my idea of a pleasurable and comforting tobacco scent.

Perhaps it is useful at this point to explain what I mean by an authentic tobacco scent in the first place and what memories and feelings it is supposed to evoke.

I lived in India for 6 years. The country is known for its tobacco cultivation and not only on a large scale. In the countryside, many families have small tobacco plantations behind their houses. The tobacco is harvested by hand, tied together and placed in the sun to dry. It is a truly olfactory experience to pick up the tobacco leaves, dried by the Indian sun, after a few days and hold them under your nose. This interplay of warm, smoky, spicy and even fresh notes make me feel relaxed and contribute to my well-being.

Tobacolor is exactly that. Fresh and slightly smoky tobacco dominates here but in a very natural and cuddly way. Sweet subtle notes of honey and plum I perceive. Everything in harmony, perfectly coordinated. A feel-good scent from the first minute. This time the blind purchase was worth it.

Very impressed!

BertolucciKBertolucciK 17 days ago
Tobacolor opens with peach, plum, tobacco and a heavy dose of honey. Syrupy sweet, smoky, ambery, warm, spicy. Great performance on my skin.
Blako11Blako11 2 months ago
I would recommend it only for important cold nights where you have to make a big impression.

Tobacolor 40ml
by N1ceNose
by Amadea70
by Amadea70
by GuidoSch
by GuidoSch

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior