Tobacolor 2021

Tobacolor by Dior
Tobacolor is a new perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2021. The scent is smoky-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Tobacco, Peach, Plum, Honey, Smoky notes

Submitted by multiple users., last update on 13.04.2021.

NickS
That's what Turkey smells like to me!
A very beautiful and individual fragrance! For me, the honey comes through quite clearly in this perfume. He still clearly surpasses the tobacco! In addition, the smoky notes come to it, which round off the whole well. He is by the tobacco of course not everyone's cup of tea, but he has what!

By the composition, the fragrance reminds me very much of Turkey: spices, tobacco, hookah, honey! Simply great!

The fruity parts, however, I do not smell out
Sweetish, smoky, tobacco - Not for everyone what
Ordered it, tested it, decided to keep it, tried it again days later and applied it, couldn't identify with the spicy tobacco note anymore and am selling it again. Hach. It's not necessarily masculine, but I see it more on a man than a woman. It's a beautiful, softly smoky tobacco-heavy scent that's accompanied by a sweetness, but not a scent I'd want to wear at dinner or in my everyday life. It's special and I definitely don't recommend buying it blind!

Dior take on tobacco
When I heard about this fragrance I was very excited because whenever I talked to salespersons from Dior, I told them that Dior is missing a great tobacco scent. Now I got some experience with the scent and I want to share it with you.

First of all, Dior is not reinventing the wheel with this fragrance. There are certain aspects about this fragrance that can be found in other scents. I also want to say that as far as my research goes, this fragrance seems to be highly skin dependent. Some people have said that it is ultra sweet, others that it is ultra smoky. I can only tell you how it is on my skin but want to make you aware, that you should not blind buy this fragrance upon my experience, because yours might be different.

The fragrance starts with sweetness from the honey, fruitiness from the plum (I don’t get much peach) and smoky spiciness from the tobacco. The opening kind of remind me of the recently discontinued Plum Japonais by Tom Ford. It is not the same but I get similar vibes. Those vibes last for about 90mins.
Afterwards the fragrance develops in the direction of Back to Black by Kilian Paris. Honey and Tobacco are still present, smokiness is gone and some fruitiness is still there but less prominent. This stage of the fragrance lasts for about 2more hours.
The fragrance develops one more time. In the last 4 Hours of it’s lifetime it almost comes across like there is an Amber accord still with fruitiness. At this stage the fragrance reminds me of Ambre Eccentrico by Armani Prive.

As you can see the fragrance develops quite a lot on my skin and I really enjoy that. Although the fragrance reminds me of other fragrances at each stage there is not point where I would consider this fragrance being a clone or redundant to the ones mentioned in my description.

The performance is quite good, although it could be a bit better for the type of scent that it is. I get a longevity of about 8 hours and heavy projection for the first 3 hours and 3 more hours of medium projection.

The bottle and packaging hasn’t changed compared to other releases from the line.

Dior recently increased its prices by about 10%. Some other fragrances from the line are now not worth it anymore, however, if if you like how the fragrance smells on your skin, I’d still recommend a buy. But do not blind buy!
5.5
Ischgelroi
Again a Dior which can not convince ?
I received my Tobacolor bottling today and the scent has been with me since this morning when the letter arrived in the mail. I was really pleased when I read the notes of this new Dior release and it was clear that I have to test the fragrance, because I was looking for a mild tobacco fragrance. But I don't want to go on about the actual topic, but tell you directly how Tobacolor is for me: Tobacolor is really a mild tobacco scent, which I also like very much, but unfortunately then comes directly such a load of honey that not much remains of the beautiful tobacco, which is really a pity. The honey is still pulled by the peach in the sweet fruity, which I actually do not find bad, but the peach is just too present for me, which is why Tobacolor here unfortunately goes in a direction where I say as a man that I can not really imagine the fragrance on me, this whole transformation goes through Tobacolor in about 30 minutes, then the tobacco, honey and peach combination remains the whole further course and makes no real change more. The honey tobacco combination has for me great similarities to Serge Lutens Arabie, which makes me here really think of Arabie with a peach note to it. I'm sorry to say here again that I don't really like a Dior. I really don't find Tobacolor bad or unpleasant to wear but unfortunately this fragrance really couldn't convince me. The symbol of a shisha with fruity tobacco mentioned in the description I get here unfortunately also not really, unfortunately I must say here again that this Dior is not bought by me, he does not really convince me, is too feminine or simply not suitable for me, really very sad that Dior has not succeeded here again to convince me.
The peach fear
Yay a new Maison Christian Dior but what is it? Peach? Oh nooo...
Those were my first thoughts when I read the fragrance notes. So I had almost written off the fragrance. Not because I don't like the fragrance notes, but because it usually makes fragrances too feminine for me. However, I really love tobacco and honey in fragrances. There it is again, I thought to myself, the dichotomy should I order the fragrance or rather keep my hands off. Well, ultimately, the curiosity usually wins, so also in this case and I have let myself be carried away to order the fragrance immediately when appear.
After I have worn the fragrance now several times I would like to take you now a bit and tell you how I perceived the fragrance. The fragrance starts with a smoky tobacco note wrapped in a pleasant sweetness, which it turns out after a short time clearly as honey. The fragrance develops in the course of the fragrance in an even sweeter direction, for this provides the plum, which plays a much larger role in this fragrance as initially suspected. This gives the fragrance a nice fruity note.
Now one or the other may wonder what is now with the peach, I also wonder. I perceive him (fortunately XD) only very subtly in combination with the plum.
With the performance's also nothing to complain about, which is me as a Franke already a clear compliment. I perceive Tobacolor up to 7 hours on the skin, on the clothes I still perceive a good bit longer. The sillage is Maison Christian Dior typical rather close to the skin but do not worry Tobacolor does not hide now again.
Overall, a very good and round new release.
Ups & downs
In the search for an authentic tobacco scent, there were unfortunately more lows than highs in recent months. That is, some blind purchases and tons of samples and bottlings that are now, due to displeasure in the drawer. In my defense, I have to mention that I usually dabble in the realms of rose and oud. Thus a certain ignorance is not to be excluded. Certainly there are plenty of perfumers who can recreate authentic tobacco chords 1:1. However, I didn't want tobacco drowned in honey, or wrapped around cinnamon sticks and gingerbread spices. Nor did the sensation of licking out an ashtray match my idea of a pleasurable and comforting tobacco scent.

Perhaps it is useful at this point to explain what I mean by an authentic tobacco scent in the first place and what memories and feelings it is supposed to evoke.

I lived in India for 6 years. The country is known for its tobacco cultivation and not only on a large scale. In the countryside, many families have small tobacco plantations behind their houses. The tobacco is harvested by hand, tied together and placed in the sun to dry. It is a truly olfactory experience to pick up the tobacco leaves, dried by the Indian sun, after a few days and hold them under your nose. This interplay of warm, smoky, spicy and even fresh notes make me feel relaxed and contribute to my well-being.

Tobacolor is exactly that. Fresh and slightly smoky tobacco dominates here but in a very natural and cuddly way. Sweet subtle notes of honey and plum I perceive. Everything in harmony, perfectly coordinated. A feel-good scent from the first minute. This time the blind purchase was worth it.

Very impressed!
Sticky sweetness
I do not know, I do not know.....hätte somehow expected something else. I'm bothered by the rather dominant sweetness, in the middle. Figs / dates with underlying waxy honey. Rather more sticky fruit --- than tobacco. I would have preferred it the other way around. I still love my grandfather's tobacco tin. He used to peel a red apple and put it in his tobacco tin so the tobacco wouldn't dry out --- and it smelled just wonderful. I think - Tobacolor and I are not going to be friends, unfortunately. That sweetness in the middle is just too ambivalent for me.

Tobacolor 40ml
by Lexa
by GuidoSch
by GuidoSch

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior