34 Boulevard Saint Germain 2018Eau de Parfum

34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque
34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Diptyque for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation

Sandalwood, Vanilla, Pink pepper

Submitted by Rivegauche, last update on 06.09.2020.

Taurus1967
That's one hell of a number
Normally I do not write two comments in a row with such a short time interval. Here I have to make an exception. The reason: yesterday a colleague let me sniff his sample of 34 Boulevard Saint Germain as an eau de parfum. To get a small impression, but not to get into the fullness of it, I just sprayed a little bit into the crook of my arm. No sooner had this happened than another colleague, who had not seen the action, got in touch and asked what it was that suddenly smelled so intense.
Another colleague from another corner did not miss this either and at least certified that it sniffs good.

After all: this EdP promises decent projection and was relatively well received in the office. You also can't complain about the durability in view of the tiny amount.

No wonder, since the name "34 Boulevard Saint Germain" refers to the first perfumery of Dyptique and is therefore home to the brand, which is virtually olfactory as a business card.

The fragrance itself comes quite rich between sweetish sandalwood and floral seduction, but with a fine balance between not too heavy and too fresh. So somehow excitingly sensual with a hint of vanilla and gentle playful spice.
At the beginning the sandalwood is more present, although the creation later shows more of the floral-woody side, but always in a very exquisite frame and rather linear.

In the meantime I let my thinking marbles rattle to think about where this material came from that seemed so familiar to me. It reminds me of Lapidus pour Homme by Ted Lapidus in the 80s. At least according to Pyramid, he presents a colourful bouquet of complex scents, which nevertheless go in the same direction. It still exists and has been sold at a ridiculously low price for years.

If I had to compare again how close they really are. Otherwise "34 Boulevard Saint Germain" would be an excellent candidate for the "remember me" list.

Bibet2712
Pure femininity for me...
Tested last night...
Not this flowery floral femininity...but a fragrance that can be worn with an elegant business costume as well as with rough boots, check shirts, used jeans and leather jackets. For me the many different facets of femininity are underlined and a contrast is created. That's exactly what I like about a scent...sandalwood, almond and vanilla give the scent a sensual, enveloping, even soothing note...yes you stand with both feet firmly on the ground and the pepper and cinnamon contrast with it. This also gives the 34 something challenging: look here. Here I am. Something kessy, enjoying life. Running through a heap of leaves, a cappuccino on a shopping spree, a business appointment, a romantic meal etc... it always fits without being "ordinary". This is also due to the balanced sillage for me.
It was the right decision to choose him for blind sharing. I'll report back then
Sunset over the bazaar
A first careful spraying and I dance 100 different fragrances in my nose. I can't turn around that fast because it comes from all directions. So many impressions at once...then everything sits down and becomes calmer and deeper. I smell the sandalwood which I like very much and then the carnation out. The carnation remains also very present for my feeling, could be a little less. The fragrance gains more and more warmth and sensuality. It has something of the old, the familiar, the comforting. In any case, the fragrance lasts very well with me for at least 6-7 hours. For me, a very French perfume, a little from the past with a modern thrill. It reminds me of the really good fragrances from the 80s when a perfume was made with really good ingredients and lasted a long time. The vanilla and tonka bean I don't find sweet rather than rounding off, therefore suitable for ladies and gentlemen. The spices are taken even after hours still very good was, whereby the carnation jumps there already cheekily into the foreground and also defends its dominance. For me a gentle Oriental that goes more in the spice direction without tearing the heavy-sweet. The warm colours of the spices remind me of a beautiful sunset and immerse the light in an unreal colour spectrum of lilac-pink-tender-red orange. Who doesn't like that? For me a wonderful scent for the autumn-winter, does not trigger unpleasant, but leaves behind a slightly smoky-warm fire of remembrance of a day that comes to an end and the sun with its last rebellion of the last hour of the day offers all the colors again. I also liked the fragrance after the 5 times wearing it, definitely deserved a chance to move in.

by Rivegauche
by Rivegauche
by Seraphima
by Seraphima

Popular Diptyque

Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Philosykos (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Philosykos (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Tempo by Diptyque Fleur de Peau by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque L'Eau du Trente-Quatre by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Benjoin Bohème by Diptyque Oud Palao by Diptyque Vetyverio (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau des Sens (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Capitale (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque L'Eau de Tarocco by Diptyque