34 Boulevard Saint Germain 2011 Eau de Toilette

34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque
34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Diptyque for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation

AmberAmber
PatchouliPatchouli
RoseRose
CinnamonCinnamon
Blackcurrant budBlackcurrant bud

Submitted by Louce, last update on 23.10.2021.

My gardening scent...
The perfect scent for gardening,-)While I was digging in the garden in March in Corona times, I happened to wear this scent. The earth was still cold and while I was digging in the earth with my hands, wafts of scent rose, as if it should smell the same there. The scent is warm, soft and goes very well with nature. I will happily wear it for hiking, gardening, etc. Patchouli I usually do not like very much, but here is soft, comforting to feel good.
Early summer
I love this fragrance - it awakens in me the feeling of gentleness - lovely - it feels like mild spring - early summer - autumn. Comforting it is somehow, gently enveloping in tender affection...
However, I slowly doubt my nose - I only smell rose in the first approach perhaps also some black currant. Later then only the citric notes ... i'm frustrated, why don't I smell all that other stuff? Where is the pink pepper - the cinnamon - the cardamom, where are the woods and resins or even the eucalyptus? Or the Basam notes? Is there something wrong with my olfactory system? Please tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't smell all this!!
Anyway, I don't see this scent on a man - much too delicate I'd say.
And bdw - I love this site with all the wonderful comments of apparently very gifted "smells" - can you train that? :-)
GLG, Rosanna

34 Boulevard Saint Germain
One that probably gets overlooked a little from this house. It was inspired by the house's 50th anniversary and the Paris flagship store. I hope you find my review useful.

Something for Everyone...
I have vacillated back and forth as to whether to attempt describing individual notes for the usual objective portion of the review, but in the end I don't think I could possibly do 34 Boulevard Saint Germain proper justice as there are a ton of ingredients and they are all so well-blended that it just is near impossible to capture them all so I'm not even going to try... Instead, I think I will just give some general impressions of what I smell and my thoughts about the end result... For reference, projection is excellent and longevity exceptional at about 15 hours on skin.

White florals and dulled rose mix with a slightly sweet clove and eucalyptus infused smooth woody incense primary heart accord over candle wax-like iris. The end result is highly complex and quite unique, but completely versatile and easy to wear. I have read elsewhere that Diptyque was going for an approximation of the smell of entering their flagship store with the scent of candles, incense sticks and fragrances wafting in the air. While I have never been there myself, I can definitely visualize the picture well from what I am sniffing for sure. There pretty much is a bit of everything in the composition and it would be all too easy to completely overdo it, yet 34 Boulevard Saint Germain just plain works. The bottom line is despite its enormous list of ingredients and great complexity the $120 per 100ml bottle 34 Boulevard Saint Germain by Dyptique is an amazingly easy to wear success that earns a strong 4 star out of 5 rating and is highly recommended to all.

Coutureguru
Round ... like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
My '34' story is relatively convoluted. I first sampled it from a friend who had a bottle given to her by her husband. Following this I received a sample from a Diptyque boutique whilst trotting around London and finally, was sent a 10ml decant by a very generous swap buddy :) ... so I still don't have a full bottle, and I really should because I like it a lot!!

The observations of my learned fellow parfumistas below are spot on! I find 34 Boulevard Saint Germain to be an extremely mutable fragrance, in that it really doesn't follow the rules of fragrance progression at all. An initial blast of florals is quickly followed by green, resiny notes ... quickly taken over by florals again although this time they exhibit a slightly woody character. A faint citrus/fruity pop is periodically evident ... it really is quite bizarre ... in a lovely, wearable way!
In fact, I would probably describe 34 Boulevard Saint Germain as such ... 'imminently wearable'. On my skin this fragrance would do poorly in the cold, as it comes in EDT concentration. Would that it were a big strong EDP ... in that case it would probably be gracing my collection already!! I find the sillage and longevity here a little less than average ... but as my skin really eats perfume this shouldn't dissuade anyone from trying it. With this beautiful combination of notes I really wouldn't mind it being one of the few I own that I had to reapply two or three times a day! For people with more sensitive noses than I this probably sounds mad LOL ... but there it is :).

Imho ... 34 Boulevard Saint Germain is a lovely, invigoratingly floral fragrance for a hot summer weather. I need to remedy the fact that I don't own it yet very, very soon.

A Post-Modern Perfume
Diptyque 34 BOULEVARD SAINT GERMAIN is a complex woody oriental perfume which manages to roll together a surprising number of relatively intense scents into a coherent whole. Different notes are salient at different times and this is not according to any consistent progression or development. Perhaps this is a post-modern perfume?

At moments, 34 seems more oriental, then suddenly more aromatic, then very woody with an incense-like edge. Overall, I'd have to say that this is an interesting and unpredictable composition. Despite being somewhat chaotic, 34 never seems incoherent and is pleasant to smell at every stage. A chameleon could wear this perfume well.

A medley of delight
I have nothing but praise for 34 Blvd St Germain. A plethora of notes blended in harmony to yield a long lasting, massively projecting fragrance. It renders a 3D sensation to me. no single note dominates the perfume. It's a harmony of notes collectively working to produce a medley of goodness.

I have designated this as my travel perfume. If constrained when traveling and i can only take one perfume , this is it.

I smell new accords in every wearing. For the first 10 wearings i smelled different accords and different notes more prominently. A magical and captivating perfume.

TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
My favourite Diptyque. A bit of this and that to make the finest unisex all rounder. Fresh air in a bottle.

Eine tolle neue Oktoberwoche in wärmenden Tönen wünscht Irini euch allen und dankt ...:-))
by Irini
by OleTrufa
by hedonist222
by hedonist222

Popular Diptyque

Philosykos (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Philosykos (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Fleur de Peau by Diptyque Tempo by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Eau Capitale (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Oud Palao by Diptyque L'Eau du Trente-Quatre by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Benjoin Bohème by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Vetyverio (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau des Sens (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Orphéon by Diptyque