Do Son 2013Eau de Parfum

Do Son (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque
Bottle Design Servaire&Co
Do Son (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Diptyque for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-green. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation

Tuberose, Orange blossom, Jasmine, Amberwood

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 25.03.2020.

DonJuanDeCat
It is still summer in the coastal resort of Do Son, and toilet paper is also available!
Good evening, smelly people!
Today I come to a brand that I really like and which has also produced one of my favourite fragrances, Diptyque. Those who know me will now say: "Of course you like Diptyque, after all they are the source of the fig scent Philosykos and you are a fig freak! And that's true. As long as a fig does not smell stuffy (as it unfortunately does in many scents), then I like figs very much, so that you could call me a little fig freak... in this sense I am really a freak... comic freak, Star Wars freak, cat freak, anger-the-parfuma freak and and and and :DD

Anyway, today I come to a fragrance I had already tried the EDT of, namely Do Son. However, that was so long ago that I hardly know how Do Son had scented at all. Sure, I could read my own comment again,... but that's so much text!!! This endlessly babbling DonJuanDeCat writes for hours without getting to the point! Who does all his lyrics to himself? Pooh!... no, I prefer to write, publish afterwards and forget everything again (but you have to read it), hö hö :D

By the way, the fragrance was named after a Thai coastal area in Haiphong, where the father of Yves Coueslant (one of the founders of Diptyque) built a pagoda and where the family spent some nice summers. In memory of those times, this fragrance is named after this place, Do Son, which is also one of the most famous fragrances of Diptyque. As I said, I had already introduced the EDT version here before, now I'm trying the EDP version.

Soon the fragrance will be softer and cleaner. I still smell the flowery sweetness, but now more of a mix of jasmine and tuberose, plus there is still neroli or orange blossom, although here the bitter effect has now faded. In addition there are, as mentioned, clean notes, which even appear creamy and slightly powdery, as if iris was also included.
Towards the base it remains as just described, only the fragrance is a bit more floral, but also somehow smoother. In the very late base, the scent appears slightly diluted, but that's okay, because even then it doesn't smell bad. All in all a nice scent, but for me it doesn't have any particular strengths
The silage and the durability:*
The Sillage is rather mediocre. You don't necessarily have to get very close to smell the scent on you, but at long distances you can't perceive the scent either. The shelf life is good, as the scent lasts a bit longer than eight hours.

*sigh*
I would also like to be somewhere on a coast like Thailand, where I could go swimming, slurp out coconuts, watch perfumes in bikinis (it was clear that this would come from ME, so turn a blind eye... :D) and taste many delicacies of Thai cuisine. I would generally highly recommend a trip to Thailand and no, not because of what Thailand trips are clichédly known for, tssss... you just have dirty thoughts, don't you?
Anyway, think about it as soon as the virus crisis is hopefully over sometime!
By the way: To speed up the crisis, you not only have to keep your distance from others, but also get ONLY ONE pack of toilet paper per week, for example, so that there is enough for ALL IN GERMANY, really... the thing about toilet paper is really ridiculous. But also the fact that you can't find any bread or toast is more than ridiculous, these things will normally NOT go out in the near future, if everybody buys normally as usual instead of buying 15 packs of toast, where 12 packs spoil... so stupid!!!

Anyway, the smell is good and yes, test it out! I've come to the end of it again and now I wish you a nice evening, until next time and try to stay healthy AND sensible! :)
Tuberose - clear, distinct, flowery
Fortunately tested this morning with only 1 sprayer - this will probably last until the next dawn.

I like tuberose per se. But I don't find them particularly exciting now, because they are always too dominant for me. Although - one cannot speak of dominant, perhaps, with a monothematic.

If you absolutely love tuberose - go ahead. Too easy for me.

The mighty tuberose
From the bottle comes the mighty tuberose. She escapes on her wrist, she floats in space, unfolding her fleshy leaves. And it gradually becomes gently pulsating warm.
Nothing else, really. The art of Do Son is that this comprehensive tuberose experience does not impress as headache tuberose. Warm, a little opulent, but not too diva. Sensual and velvety, it surrounds the wearer.

Tuberose is simply a wonderfully seductive smell, the crowning glory is its subtle spiciness and this breath of camphor that sometimes appears more or less. In my opinion, not many women, or men, can wear this without looking like they are in a bright pink satin evening dress by day.
It doesn't suit me, AugustA, but I like to smell it from time to time.

by GeorgeMaras
by GeorgeMaras
by Parfümliebe
by Parfümliebe

Popular Diptyque

Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Philosykos (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Philosykos (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Fleur de Peau by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Tempo by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Benjoin Bohème by Diptyque Eau Capitale (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque L'Eau du Trente-Quatre by Diptyque Oud Palao by Diptyque Vetyverio (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau des Sens (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque L'Eau de Tarocco by Diptyque Kimonanthe by Diptyque