Eau Duelle 2010 Eau de Toilette

Eau Duelle (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque
Bottle Design Servaire&Co
Eau Duelle (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Diptyque for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation

Pink pepperPink pepper
CypriolCypriol
CalamusCalamus
Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla

Submitted by Fran, last update on 10.10.2021.

My vanilla reference
How long have I been looking for HIM - the perfect vanilla scent.
Last winter I found it with "Eau Duelle".

Whereby "perfect" is of course a big word.
Specifying I would have to add: Perfect for me and my skin, perfect for everyday life in the cooler season, perfect for my love of spicy-warm fragrances with a special twist.

When I spray on "Eau Duelle", I immediately see a certain image in front of me: that of a lightly snow-covered coniferous forest at dusk.

The air is fresh, you can clearly smell the resin of the trees.
Not far away is a cabin that we rented over the weekend, where we have already stacked wood in the fireplace before the evening walk.
One last look at the quiet winter wonderland - then we slowly head back.
Warm light falls from the windows, everything looks inviting.
The quickly lit fire in the fireplace spreads a pleasant smoky note.
It mixes with the scent of a real vanilla bean, with which we refine our wine mulled wine.

This scent evokes a lively feeling of comfort and security in me, which I like to have around me every day in cold temperatures.

"Eau Duelle" is a transparent and at the same time present fragrance.
One with power without being overwhelming.
The sillage of the eau de toilette is rather subtle, which makes it absolutely suitable for everyday use.
I myself take the fragrance on me about six hours was.

But when I come home in the evening, and cuddle up with a tea and a good book in the comfortable wing chair, I often add two more sprays - and start the evening with a mental trip to my familiar winter forest!

Ingenious
There are fragrances that become better the more often you smell them, become friends with them, learn to appreciate their scents, not so with Eau Duell once sprayed and immediately in love, every note of it I find attractive and seductive, I ordered the fragrance blindly because I hoped to like it and I was not disappointed, it was clear to me: Vanilla with smoke aromas, unisex that screams my name
The only thing that worried me was the repeated mention of herbaceous notes, which I could not have imagined in combination with vanilla, but which, once you smell it, make the fragrance really special without being unconventional. Clear recommendation to buy.

Spray Eau Duelle, take a cup of thee and sit near a fireplace and RELAX
This parfum is so interesting, it smels something different trought the hour, it starts like a candy, later you smel more the vanilla and after i was more like this is a strong pepper and then more green herbs and than again vanilla and smoke, i have to say this is more a light parfum not really havy (ofcous i have the EDT version, never tested EDP so i dont know about edp) the silage is a little soft for this expensive diptyque parfume but still its not a bad scent very cozy and classic smelling. I think this is a perfect winter scent when you are staying at home and taking a great cup of thee and enjoying your night near a fireplace and relax. So i love this one, a great winter parfum at home.
Challenge end: On the way to "my" vanilla scent - 30.1.2020
This is my last sample of vanilla perfume and once again I am very excited. However, there is no need to be boring here, because so many good and fitting comments have already been written about Eau Duelle EdT. I can only confirm how beautiful this fragrance is, especially because of these qualities: The vanilla looks very natural, it is not too sweet at all, it has something woody and in my sample even a hearty smoky taste, although the incense is actually only mentioned at the EdP. This smoky scent appears quickly at the beginning and rises a little bit from the vanilla scent or upwards, it reaches my nose earlier than the soft vanilla that accompanies it. What I like so insanely is the missing sweet and sticky gourmand effect; vanilla is so expressive as a flower or even deep black in the pod, it does not need the constant sugar. On the contrary, this allows their spicy qualities (or, in the case of the flower, the floral ones, but as a perfume with vanilla blossom I have hardly any in my head at the moment) to unfold much better and the fragrance is also much more applicable. I find the EdT very light and close to the body, but very round and balanced. Unfortunately I don't know what Cypriol smells like, but the pepper underlines the whole thing very cleverly with a promising depth. All in all a very nice scent!

Ein altes Holzhaus im Wald
Eau Duelle riecht genau wie das alte Holzhaus meiner Oma, holzig-süßlich, nach abgestandenen Möbeln, feuchten Wänden und etwas rauchig. Mein Freund meinte, ich rieche schön nach Vanille, aber mir fällt es schwer, das wahrzunehmen. Mir wird etwas übel von dem Geruch und ich rieche ihn sehr stark an mir selber. Die Haltbarkeit ist sehr gut, soweit ich das einschätzen kann, ich bin noch nachts immer wieder davon aufgewacht, weil es mich gestört hat.

Vanilla Spice...
Eau Duelle is a spicy vanilla fragrance, but this spices are not ones you would typically expect in the style of the feminine orientals like Shalimar, Opium etc. Instead... Eau Duelle has what I call "green" spices, like cardamom & herbs. These feature juniper, pink pepper, elemi resin (which to me smells "juicy") and olibanum (frankincense). I think this makes it different, and versatile in many different ways. In can be worn by a man, as I think the vanilla is balanced with the dry herbs and spices here. It can of course be worn by a woman equally well.

Note: I am reviewing the Eau de Toilette

I don't find this one too "gourmand" but I think it will appeal to people looking for a gourmand and those who are not alike. This is one I could wear happily in my collection. A really great choice for an interesting take on vanilla. Unisex and worth a try for everyone out there.

A Cosy Vanilla
Eau Duelle is a hard scent to fathom. One minute it smells like an oriental vanilla, the next it's a smooth, woodsy floral. Either way, it wasn't what I was expecting.

For the most part, Eau Duelle is creamy in texture and discreet. The bourbon vanilla accord is rather dominant on my skin, with a smooth buttery quality created by the elemi resin. It's unique but not difficult to wear.

Occasionally I find myself enjoying Eau Duelle and its smoothness, however I have to agree with some reviewers that it is simple and perhaps forgettable. Although, for days when something soft and inoffensive is required, I somehow seem to crave it. So it does have its purpose.

One or two spritzes is enough to last the whole day, as Eau Duelle has wonderful lasting power and moderate sillage. I've only recently begun to test Diptyque as a brand, and so far I'm enjoying their light and simplistic offerings. They convey a beautiful sense of elegance through their compositions.

The way in which this fragrance settles on the skin, is both comforting and familiar. In fact, it's quite a cuddly scent. Due to its comforting nature it seems fairly casual to me, however it's versatile enough to be worn almost anywhere.

Eau Duelle is not likely to offend. Who doesn't love a cosy vanilla scent? This is yet another very pleasant niche offering that I have no qualms in recommending.

Originally written: July 15, 2012.

Duelle Disappointment
Ah, Dyptique. I was unimpressed by your offerings before and now more than ever, continue to be so. Why is your wonderful vanilla/frankincense composition so very weak? When I first smelled the EDP, I was mesmerized by the church incense note. The burnt vanilla was soft and wonderful. But after a few minutes, there is nothing at all! I wish it were different but this is not for me.

Eau Duelle
This fragrance opens with a delicate, almost edible vanilla accord. Simply delicious, the accord reminds me of a vanilla-lemon custard, or a vanilla-lemon cake. This gourmand impression is soon shattered by the appearance of juniper and elemi resin which I see as pepper and incense. The scent remains sweet and vanilla-dominated, but I'd place it now in the same category as the non-gourmand Vanille Insensee by Atelier Cologne. This Dyptique, however, has more presence and sparkle. The fragrance sheds most of its sugary and citrusy facets as it develops - the emphasis is now more on the vanilla, resin and smoky tea notes. The dry down can be described as a flat vanilla framed by a sheer veil of smoke.

Vanilla Overload
I have a sample of this and wow! - it's vanilla overload. There's nothing muted about it from the start.

Imagine a very strong, creamy vanilla ice cream and you have Eau Duelle.

ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Very close to the EdP version but a bit more spice and less vanilla here; a bit lighter, more suitable for warmer weather.

DANKE für die schönen Reaktionen, freu mich!
by BBMie
by Misianka
by Montexx
by Montexx

Popular Diptyque

Philosykos (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Philosykos (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Fleur de Peau by Diptyque Tempo by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Eau Capitale (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque L'Eau du Trente-Quatre by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Oud Palao by Diptyque Benjoin Bohème by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Vetyverio (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Orphéon by Diptyque Eau des Sens (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Vetyverio (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque