Eau Duelle (2013) Eau de Parfum

Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque
Bottle Design: Servaire&Co

Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Diptyque for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital.

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 05.10.2019

Variant of the fragrance concentration

Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum)

This is a variant of the perfume Eau Duelle (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque, which differs in concentration.

7.0 4.0 5.0 9.5/10

Pollita
Vanilla and frankincense in perfect harmony
Whoa! With phytotherapy like my Vorrender Schnoork I can't get around the corner now, even if I find it unspeakably exciting. But I like Eau Duelle at least as much :)

Had the EdT and me previously only last year after the felt fourth or fifth bottle used up the unfortunately even more expensive EdP granted. First of all I have to say that the EdP doesn't last forever and just like the EdT it stays very, very close. On the one hand a bit of a pity, but on the other it's always just right if you don't want to be touched by the scent. That's one I even wear to the doctor or the osteopath without a guilty conscience.

What I particularly like about Eau Duelle is the combination of vanilla and incense. Since another scent madman had fixed me with Weihrach and I possess also the one or other incense smell, I had to test this combination absolutely, because vanilla belonged always to my favorite notes. It was clear that he would move in with me immediately and accompany me for many, many years now.

And yes, I think Vanille Insensée from Atelier Cologne also plays in this league. At first I thought if you had one, you wouldn't need the other. I was totally wrong about that, because you need both. The differences are fine but still significant. Because the smoky of Eau Duelle doesn't have vanilla insensée at all. I always like to wear both of them at customer meetings, so you never do anything wrong. And: Both of them are always used when I can't make up my mind after having inspected all my bottles umpteen times. They really always leave. Whether it's 30 degrees outside or snowing
8.0 6.0 7.0 8.5/10

Vanilla
Vanilla.
Basically we perceive the smell of vanilla as simple and natural. Too much and too often this is processed in all sorts of things. Of course also in a variety of fragrances, the smell is usually pleasantly sweet and sometimes a little fruity.
But sometimes also a little artificial. Synthetically produced flavour is also often used, for example, in vanilla ice cream or pudding. So there are serious differences. The designation "Bourbon" is protected today and may only be used as a designation if the vanilla is cultivated on the islands Madagascar, Comoros and La Reunion. After saffron, vanilla is the most expensive spice in the world.

So and then Diptyque comes around the corner and hits me with Eau Duelle such a natural and fine vanilla around the ears that I saw myself compelled to do this research and to make myself known. WOW!
Honestly, I've already gotten to know vanilla, but this one's pretty far ahead. Be it Guerlains Spiritueuse Double Vanilla or Creeds Sublime Vanilla, as well as cheaper ones like Eau des Missions or Perry Ellis Black Oud Vanilla Absolute...if it was well done, I really liked it.

Especially the Perry Ellis is for me a fantastic fragrance for autumn/winter and meanwhile also a rarity, so that I am glad to have gotten it at that time still for small money. But this is also not to be compared with the Eau Duelle, or only in rudiments. He starts beerig, then rum plays a small role, before it then vanilly continues and is a little louder overall.

Eau Duelle starts off lightly green with sparkling bergamot and a little juniper, but immediately releases a delicate sweet vanilla on you, which wraps itself around you and envelops you. It's so well done, I just wanted to turn on the fireplace. I just don't have one.
Frankincense and pepper are added and work as an antipole to vanilla, which is excellently processed and fits class. After also quite fast the tea the whole founded it goes on linearly, the vanilla remains present but never dominating.
I don't find anything artificial here, everything is harmonious and in harmony. Perhaps it is too quiet, it is very close, and perhaps it is not cold enough for it to unfold properly. I think he might be able to add another tack then.

I liked that nevertheless incredibly well and I would see it also clearly as Unisex smell, even if the majority of the ladies calls here his own, but vanilla goes also to a man
Vanilla.
Great stuff, actually. Actually an orchid with an interesting profile.

Main applications:
---Potenzsteigerung (now also I come slowly into an age........)
Healing effect:
---aphrodisiac (explains the cuddly drive)
---animating(explains the cuddly drive)
-# Relaxing # ---driving ballet(explains the um...)
---menstruation-promoting (easy)(if Hasi has the days, she might be in a better mood)
---muscle-strengthening(explains the cuddle drive)
---metabolism-promoting (Under Construction)
---promoting digestion (instead of coffee & cigarette)

scientific name:
Vanilla planifolia, Vanilla fragrans, Vanilla aromatica
Plant family:
Orchid family - Orchidacea

Independent of all this, Eau Duelle is a wonderful fragrance, I don't know the EDT, I can't compare it, but I don't know if it's necessary. The price is of course again in the three-digit range, the EDT is already cheaper to have, although the durability of the EDP seems to be better, according to the reviews here. With me the actually holds itself so around the 7h, which fulfills meanwhile my minimum requirements at smells, since I am no Nachsprüher.

Finally a little catchy tune....Eau Duelle is the famous, delicately sprayed out of the can.

Whoever sang the last sentence raises his hand.
10.0 7.0 7.0 9.5/10

EdithLyri
Incense resin and a vanilla that adorns itself
Many write about "smoke" smell when they describe the smell. I disagree. When I smoke, I suddenly flee - that's one of the worst smells ever for me. But there's no smoke in Eau Duelle.
Incense is in Eau Duelle, yes, a lot of it. But it's not the smouldering smoke, it's the sweet-spicy resin pellets BEFORE they're lit.
I was an altar boy for years and sniffed directly at the incense jug several times. That's a wonderful smell, I tell you, so noble, so exotic, almost honey. And that's how Eau Duelle smells to me.
Incense resin, that's the main chord, sweet balsamic resin. The fragrance begins with a tangy spicy bergamot note, accompanied by pepper, the other spices at most minimally supportive recognizable. An unsweet bourbon vanilla rounds off the creamy fragrance, but you have to make an effort to consciously smell it. So for me, the fragrance is actually mainly a spicy resin fragrance with a very linear progression. Only later the vanilla comes out a little stronger, but I had to rub my nose on my wrist.
The scent is unfortunately not durable at all on me. By the time the base notes come out stronger, the scent is already so weak that it's almost gone. Too bad, too bad. Because the vanilla is really very beautiful, no vanillin, an absolutely natural Bourbon vanilla fragrance like the pods.
I still think Eau Duelle is beautiful, it contains only scents I like. Extremely close, comforting, rather a night scent or late twilight when the sky is purple. But he could have been a bit more durable. "I don't find resin and vanilla at all, I rather find them "made for each other"
8.0 10.0/10

Maryam1410
I want to wrap myself in this scent
It was really absolute instant love when I received a sample of Eau Duelle from a dear Perfuma. Once sprayed, I was there. I got hit hard.
Enough has been said about the scent of those who know their way around. I'm not gifted at all.

I only recognize vanilla. The most beautiful vanilla ever. Not sweet pudding, but bitter, warm, enveloping. When I smell this wonderful scent, I feel embraced and safe. Peaceful. Happy. Full. Somehow it's got me all the feel-good synapses. Wonderfully beautiful, long lasting. A smell like home. Like a warm fireplace room when you come from a snow walk.

Pah, I'm totally unpoetic, but I can't resist these pictures. The Eau Duelle is sure to pull in a bottle sometime
6.0 6.0 6.0 5.0/10

Nice but not Especially Memorable
Eau Duelle is the first fragrance I have smelt from this house. On my skin it opens with a very fresh and aromatic juniper, accompanied by spicy pink pepper. This is followed by the tea note and what must be saffron. Then, strong notes of vanilla and elemi follow and persist until the end.

ED is nice. It is pleasant enough. I do not dislike it, but it is not a stunning fragrance. It reminds me a little bit of Habanita EdP, although I find Habanita more appealing than ED. At moments it seems to approach gourmand status but not quite. It has a certain degree of sweetness, but the sweetness is tempered by the spiciness and the tea note.

Eau Duelle is unisex, office friendly, welcome in almost any venue. I do not see it as a date night fragrance, though. I can imagine anyone from 20 somethings to 60 somethings wearing it. I think it would wear well year round, but it may be more comforting on crisp Autumn days and nights as the tea, vanilla, and elemi notes lend a snuggly dimension to it. For those of you who have tested ED and fallen in love with it, the good news is that it has stellar longevity which is rather uncommon these days.

Overall, ED is pleasant but not especially memorable in my opinion. Of all the listed notes, I like the juniper note most for its realism.

Fragrance: 5/10

Projection: 5/10

Sillage: 5/10

Longevity: 9/10
6.0 5.0 10.0 5.5/10

for vanilla lovers
It's a strong vanilla scent for vanilla lovers. For me it is a little bit to flat, a scent does not develope enough. It is the same from the beginning to end. Than after a few days rather boring. Like book which you begin to read knowing how it end up. Who would like to read such kind of book…

Itchynose 8 months ago
A slightly boozy bourbon vanilla paired with bright ambroxan and warm spices. Sweet, comforting and easy to wear.+1
6.0
9.0
Hermesh 4 years ago
Vanilla unfolds in combination with juniper and elemi its beauty. Soft and well balanced between gourmand, woody and spicy.+3

by 008Pauline
★... 0°C  - die Sonne im Rücken & die Meeresweite im Blick ... diese glücklichen Momente der Freiheit...★
by EveMist
by Carina1984
by Carina1984
by Lah2o
by Lah2o
by Carlossp
by Carlossp

Popular Diptyque

Philosykos (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Do Son (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Vetyverio (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Philosykos (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Eau des Sens (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Lente by Diptyque Oud Palao by Diptyque Oyédo by Diptyque Eau de Lierre by Diptyque Eau Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque L'Eau de Tarocco by Diptyque L'Eau du Trente-Quatre by Diptyque