Eau Duelle (2013) Eau de Parfum

Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque
Bottle Design: Servaire&Co

Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Diptyque for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital.

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 10.05.2019

Variant of the fragrance concentration

Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum)

This is a variant of the perfume Eau Duelle (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque, which differs in concentration.

10.0 7.0 7.0 9.5/10

EdithLyri
Incense resin and a vanilla that adorns itself
Many write about "smoke" smell when they describe the smell. I disagree. When I smoke, I suddenly flee - that's one of the worst smells ever for me. But there's no smoke in Eau Duelle.
Incense is in Eau Duelle, yes, a lot of it. But it's not the smouldering smoke, it's the sweet-spicy resin pellets BEFORE they're lit.
I was an altar boy for years and sniffed directly at the incense jug several times. That's a wonderful smell, I tell you, so noble, so exotic, almost honey. And that's how Eau Duelle smells to me.
Incense resin, that's the main chord, sweet balsamic resin. The fragrance begins with a tangy spicy bergamot note, accompanied by pepper, the other spices at most minimally supportive recognizable. An unsweet bourbon vanilla rounds off the creamy fragrance, but you have to make an effort to consciously smell it. So for me, the fragrance is actually mainly a spicy resin fragrance with a very linear progression. Only later the vanilla comes out a little stronger, but I had to rub my nose on my wrist.
The scent is unfortunately not durable at all on me. By the time the base notes come out stronger, the scent is already so weak that it's almost gone. Too bad, too bad. Because the vanilla is really very beautiful, no vanillin, an absolutely natural Bourbon vanilla fragrance like the pods.
I still think Eau Duelle is beautiful, it contains only scents I like. Extremely close, comforting, rather a night scent or late twilight when the sky is purple. But he could have been a bit more durable. "I don't find resin and vanilla at all, I rather find them "made for each other"
8.0 10.0/10

Maryam1410
I want to wrap myself in this scent
It was really absolute instant love when I received a sample of Eau Duelle from a dear Perfuma. Once sprayed, I was there. I got hit hard.
Enough has been said about the scent of those who know their way around. I'm not gifted at all.

I only recognize vanilla. The most beautiful vanilla ever. Not sweet pudding, but bitter, warm, enveloping. When I smell this wonderful scent, I feel embraced and safe. Peaceful. Happy. Full. Somehow it's got me all the feel-good synapses. Wonderfully beautiful, long lasting. A smell like home. Like a warm fireplace room when you come from a snow walk.

Pah, I'm totally unpoetic, but I can't resist these pictures. The Eau Duelle is sure to pull in a bottle sometime
6.0 6.0 6.0 5.0/10

Nice but not Especially Memorable
Eau Duelle is the first fragrance I have smelt from this house. On my skin it opens with a very fresh and aromatic juniper, accompanied by spicy pink pepper. This is followed by the tea note and what must be saffron. Then, strong notes of vanilla and elemi follow and persist until the end.

ED is nice. It is pleasant enough. I do not dislike it, but it is not a stunning fragrance. It reminds me a little bit of Habanita EdP, although I find Habanita more appealing than ED. At moments it seems to approach gourmand status but not quite. It has a certain degree of sweetness, but the sweetness is tempered by the spiciness and the tea note.

Eau Duelle is unisex, office friendly, welcome in almost any venue. I do not see it as a date night fragrance, though. I can imagine anyone from 20 somethings to 60 somethings wearing it. I think it would wear well year round, but it may be more comforting on crisp Autumn days and nights as the tea, vanilla, and elemi notes lend a snuggly dimension to it. For those of you who have tested ED and fallen in love with it, the good news is that it has stellar longevity which is rather uncommon these days.

Overall, ED is pleasant but not especially memorable in my opinion. Of all the listed notes, I like the juniper note most for its realism.

Fragrance: 5/10

Projection: 5/10

Sillage: 5/10

Longevity: 9/10
6.0 5.0 10.0 5.5/10

for vanilla lovers
It's a strong vanilla scent for vanilla lovers. For me it is a little bit to flat, a scent does not develope enough. It is the same from the beginning to end. Than after a few days rather boring. Like book which you begin to read knowing how it end up. Who would like to read such kind of book…

Itchynose 87 days ago
A slightly boozy bourbon vanilla paired with bright ambroxan and warm spices. Sweet, comforting and easy to wear.+1
6.0
Hermesh 4 years ago
Vanilla unfolds in combination with juniper and elemi its beauty. Soft and well balanced between gourmand, woody and spicy.+3

by 008Pauline
★... 0°C  - die Sonne im Rücken & die Meeresweite im Blick ... diese glücklichen Momente der Freiheit...★
by EveMist
by Carina1984
by Carina1984
by Lah2o
by Lah2o
by Carlossp
by Carlossp

Popular Diptyque

Philosykos (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Do Son (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Vetyverio (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Eau Lente by Diptyque Eau des Sens (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Philosykos (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Eau de Lierre by Diptyque Oyédo by Diptyque L'Eau de Tarocco by Diptyque Eau Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Oud Palao by Diptyque Ofrésia by Diptyque