Geranium Odorata by Diptyque

Geranium Odorata 2014

Tar
06.05.2018 - 10:09 AM

In the pharmacy with Fabrice Pellegrin

What is the difference between geranium and Bourbon geranium? I would be glad to know, but GERANIUM ODORATA is completely enjoyable even without this information.

The scent opens with geranium and a slight pharmacy odor with mint freshness. As if we entered an old pharmacy, we are spoiled by the herbs, glossy worn wood furnitures and geranium (approximately 10000 ton, more or less). Rich and complex. So we could say it is a shady, old fragrance. The base is metallic and shiny.

The scent and especially the longevity and sillage depends on the place of skin. On wrist it lasts half an hour. On elbow or more hidden places of the body it is extremely strong (1-2 meters) and long lasting.

I consider GERANIUM ODORATA a female perfume, or maybe old men could wear it with dignity. It landed on my wish-list, the best geranium fragrance in my opinion. Of course it must be excellent... As I realized, it was made by Fabrice Pellegrin, most of his creatures are on my wish-list or I already own them (Essences Insensées, Safanad, Womanity).

Latest Reviews

TarTar 4 years ago
L'òme - À L'Extrait d'Argousier / With Sea Buckthorn Extract - Durance en Provence

L'òme - À L'Extrait d'Argousier / With Sea Buckthorn Extract Serenity
Have you ever had pink eraser, the wonderfully smelling kind of must-have equipment for little girls in school? Or fragrant colored pens in purple or violet color? A much simpler name should have given for that delightful scent! So we have a fragrance for the beginning...

TarTar 5 years ago
Ore - Slumberhouse

Ore Heather talisman
I felt definitely the same type of aroma from a bottle of fantastic Mozart liqueur, yet hesitated to categorize ORE as a gourmand perfume. Basically... I am even hesitating to call it perfume. It is much more. Dusty, complex, as OGBuysblind diagnosed....