Ofrésia (1999)

Ofrésia by Diptyque
Bottle Design: Servaire&Co

Ofrésia is a perfume by Diptyque for women and men and was released in 1999. The scent is floral-woody. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital.

Top Notes Top NotesPepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesWhite freesia
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notes

Submitted by Pazuzu, last update on 16.04.2019

8.0/10

Freesia Soliflore
I can’t escape the fact that I'm a child of my generation when it comes to gender bias and marketing. As much as I consider myself 'evolved', it only follows that, given my age, I’m engrained with certain societal expectations of gender appropriateness. And what does that have to do with Ofresia? Well, the first few times I wore it I felt insecure trailing a silage of light floral fragrance. But over time I’ve come to enjoy Ofresia’s uplifting, buoyant qualities.

Ofresia shares points in common with Diptyque’s other unisex floral, L’Ombre dans L’Eau, as well as L’artisan’s Fleur di Liane by Bertrand Duchaufour. Interestingly, the first time I smelled Fleur di Liane I mistook it for a creation by Olivia Giacobetti.

Ofresia strikes me as something of a soliflore and I love the purity of soliflores. There is also something of Giacobetti’s trademark dewy green accord to the scent as well as a floral pepperiness that lends just a tingle and tickle to the nose.
5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Florienal Freesia
Diptyque OFRESIA reminds me quite a bit of Leonard LEONARA, probably because of the significant benzoin note, which is a focal point rather than serving more as an anchor or a base. This floriental composition has feminine appeal without being overly flowery, but I think that I prefer the LEONARA. The florals in this composition are not that distinct, but I might be smelling some freesia. OFRESIA also has a light touch of wood and possibly incense as garnishes. I'm quite curious to see how this appears in a side-by-side comparison with LEONARA, so let's go ahead and try that right now, since I happen to have a bottle ready at hand...

Okay, I'm back and prepared to affirm that, in fact, I prefer LEONARA to OFRESIA. It's smoother, richer, and more scrumptious. Above all, LEONARA showcases benzoin much more so than OFRESIA, which seems by contrast rather dry. OFRESIA is nice, but LEONARA is better, for what it is. Of course, those who prefer flowers to resins will likely prefer OFRESIA... And that's just fine with me!

Hermesh 4 years ago
Start promising: floral and springlike green. These notes disappear quickly , and the scent is then just clean with a little bitterness.
5.0
5.0
6.0

by Asphodel
by Asphodel
by Yara
by Yara

Popular Diptyque

Philosykos (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Do Son (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Vetyverio (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Eau Lente by Diptyque Eau des Sens (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Philosykos (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Eau de Lierre by Diptyque Oyédo by Diptyque L'Eau de Tarocco by Diptyque Eau Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Oud Palao by Diptyque Ofrésia by Diptyque