Oud Palao (2015)

Oud Palao by Diptyque

Oud Palao is a popular perfume by Diptyque for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is woody-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital.

Bulgarian rose, Laotian oud, Madagascan vanilla, Indonesian patchouli, Ceylonese sandalwood, Indian cypriol, Somalian frankincense, Spanish cistus

Submitted by Michael, last update on 01.04.2020.

8.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Indian bazaar
OK, so I was just strolling through the bazaar in Calcutta when suddenly I was standing in front of a mysterious entrance that is definitely not accessible to everyone. But the boys gave me a sign with a smile and I was allowed to pass. It went through purple silk scarves, which were attached to the sides of the non-existent door, through a narrow passage, into a darkened room, in which in any case a few babas recently smoked a pipe with questionable contents. The atmosphere was captivating, and the hustle and bustle from outside was immediately forgotten. This could also have been due to the candles, which were only half burnt at the back and gave a weak but warm light. Was that vanilla? Well, after all the stress of the last hours I was amazed and grateful when I could make out a bed in the dark. The four poles around it, each with high-quality scarves, indicated the style of English kings. Must have been colonial. Actually I should have been sceptical about the whole thing, but the situation was just too perfect -- I was too stunned -- and the fluffy elaborately embroidered pillows in bed just too inviting. I don't know who owns the shed, but the mattresses are soooo soft. So the velvet blanket slides over my feet and calves. From the bazaar the turmoil and the smells vibrate strongly muffled up to me and I am amazed to have been a little "Ready Or Not" from the fugees until the vanilla scent lulls me into a gentle sleep.

SmellGoodGuy 13 months ago
Originally I criticized the utilization of rose. Now, as my taste matures, the rose is what adds to the sophistication of the composition.+1
9.0

by Lucasai
by Ranisuin
by Ranisuin

Popular Diptyque

Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Philosykos (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Philosykos (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Tempo by Diptyque Fleur de Peau by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque L'Eau du Trente-Quatre by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Eau des Sens (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Benjoin Bohème by Diptyque Eau Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque L'Eau de Tarocco by Diptyque Vetyverio (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque