Philosykos 2012Eau de Parfum

Philosykos (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque
Bottle Design Servaire&Co
Philosykos (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Diptyque for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is green-fresh. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation

Fig, Fig leaf, Fig wood, Black pepper

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 15.09.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Philosykos (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque, which differs in concentration.

My fig
We are at a Greek weekly market.
You give me a full bag of fresh figs.
You know better than anyone how much I like fresh figs My hand happily seeks the first specimen.

It must be round, with a fine point. And lie well between the fingers. Under pressure react tightly and do not lose much of their softness.
My fig should turn purple, with a few shades of green.
My fig must be fresh, crunchy! Start fruity and end creamy.
Mild tasting and leaving coconut water-like shadows on the palate.

The first bite, a hormonal surge.
The little seeds shriek between my teeth.
The fig juice runs out of the mouth and remains on the lip.
My fig, she makes me so happy, happy, happy!
That's how the philosophers begin for me every time. Realistic and vegetable. Soon my fruity dream fresh fig will disappear. It is replaced by cloudy coconut water and fig leaves warmed in the sun accompanied by woody chords. Rounded off with a fine, creamy fig juice sweetness, Philosykos ends for me quietly and very closely.
Knitted naturally, it doesn't scream, it remains in a sensation the most impressive and authentic fig scent I know.

Summary: Olivia Giacobetti has created a delicate, creamy and surprisingly green-woody, happy fig scent. A great coconut plant juice with mixed figs (leaves). On my skin it lasts up to 7-8 hours at most. However, it is not a Sillage killer. Philosykos is beautiful to wear on hot summer days.
I first met him many years ago in the KaDeWe during a crazy trip to Berlin. The first paper strip test impressed me so much that I had to come back to him the same day. He still makes me happy today.
Cowardly: Fruit, tree, leaf
I was allowed to test Philosykos thanks to a hiking letter (the first one in which I could participate!). Many thanks to Volja and Millesfleurs! What fascinated me about the Diptyque brand right from the start were the great flacons that I repeatedly came across on Parfumo. The simple form, the black lid and the black and white label look so modern and noble, whereas the motifs of landscapes, lettering and naturalness on the labels all seem to be out of time and I love this contrast. The figs depicted on Philosykos have a massive resemblance to garlic cloves, which I found quite funny. But only marginally.

The top note starts sweet, slightly fruity, fresh and somehow I smell coconut. The whole thing quickly takes a green development, where development is relative. The Drydown lets some sweetness disappear and moves the fig as fruit quite easily into the background. The leaves and wood of the fig tree become dominant and give the fragrance a little more unisex character. At this point I am at a loss for the first time, as the ingredients of the fragrance pyramid were obviously presented as realistically as possible. And can natural odours be assigned a sex? I think here is rather the question of whether the sponsorship (m/f/d) of Philosykos can cope with the simple theme of fig (fruit, tree, leaf, everything that belongs to it), which is radiated by the scent. Because even if it is nicely done, there is unfortunately a complete lack of variety, of composition, of the recognition value of an exclusive EdP. Moreover, the smell becomes exhausting over the duration of the test, but this may be due to the fact that I always hold my nose to my wrist when testing and always smell the same. At a distance and in fresh air there is actually nothing that could be annoying, especially since Philosykos is very reserved with Sillage and durability (about 4 to 5 hours).

Conclusion: Like most of the other diptyques I was allowed to test, Philosykos is a very simple knitted scent that reflects the naturalness of the notes given in the pyramid. Apart from the fact that I find it a bit too simple, the fragrance unfortunately lacks durability, charisma and character. But if you are looking for a break from the many ouds, amber bombs and spice bombs in the cool season of the year, you should treat yourself to a nose of Philosyko.
Sorelena
That's as good as it gets!
Best fig scent on the market! I know quite well the smell of a fig tree and the resemblance is 1:1.ixh doesn't know how to do that, but "Chapeau! ".
Super green, bit of fig sweetish, unisex, unique!
My fig reference
Fresh cut foliage from the flower shop, optionally juicy grass, green leaves and other green growth species - also very young wood - as well as an increasingly sweeter fruity fig, which acquires a discreet milky-creamy touch in the course of time and awakens coconut associations, make up this fragrance
So the structure is manageable, but the individual impressions are so authentic and finely nuanced that they give me a lasting and always new fragrance pleasure.

The very fresh green of the start remains throughout the whole process, but is gradually dimmed, so that the fragrance does not appear too green on the one hand, but does not become too sweet on the other. Wonderfully balanced. An unusual, but very portable mixture. Fresh green and slightly exotic sweet fruity. Ideal for spring and summer. In autumn for the memory of it :)

The durability is almost solid, the Sillage predominantly rather decent.

Compared to the EdT, the EdP is a bit less fresh and green, but a bit deeper and fuller.

If you like figs, but also the combination of green and fruity and also appreciate naturalness, you will certainly like this fragrance.
Boosting
The first thing you can notice is an intense fruity note, which brings a certain discreet sweetness and is due to the fig.

At the same time the fig is surrounded by an incredibly strong, juicy - green note, which in my opinion is responsible for the fact that the fig does not appear as sweet as one is used to, but one really has the feeling of standing under a fig tree and rubbing its leaves in one's hands
This constellation is perceptible on my skin for 20 minutes before the heart note unfolds.

In the heart note, the fig leaf is only minimally dimmed and thus still clearly perceptible and combines with a very light and sweet, very discreetly creamy nuance, which gives the fragrance a wonderful exotic lightness and comes from the coconut
Meanwhile, you become aware that you are no longer standing, but lying.

Namely on a beautiful grass meadow and you automatically let your hands glide through the fresh grass to give in completely and enjoy the wonderful hours of recharging your strength.

The heart note is perceptible on my skin for 3.5 hours before the base asserts itself.

Now a clear woody note can be perceived, which also contains something soft - resinous and comes from the white cedar wood.

The white cedar wood is accompanied by a fine and subtle creamy and also slightly spicy shade of sandalwood, which provides a beautiful cuddly finish.

In total, the fragrance lasts 7 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is conceived from the outset in such a way that one is perceived very well at an arm's length and this is also maintained 3 hours in such a way, before it reduces itself in quiet steps, until the smell finally completely fades away.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Honk1510" for the sample.

ScentofSoilScentofSoil 11 days ago
Definitely too sweet for me. At first it's nice and green, then it gets sweeter and sweeter to the point I can't stand it anymore.
ItchynoseItchynose 18 months ago
A tribute to the fig tree: sweet fruit, green leaves, aromatic wood. Fresh, clean... springtime in a bottle!
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
One of the most true fig smells. Growing up around figs trees this perfume always brings me back to those places.

by Parma
Grüne Frische (mit Schmelz)
Aquasikos
by Munu
by Munu
by Parfuniverse
by Parfuniverse
Feigenblatt aus Schloss Sanssouci, Potsdam ;)
by AmyAmy
by AmyAmy
by Portominga
by Portominga
by Hong123
by Hong123

Popular Diptyque

Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Philosykos (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Tempo by Diptyque Fleur de Peau by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque L'Eau du Trente-Quatre by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Benjoin Bohème by Diptyque Oud Palao by Diptyque Vetyverio (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau des Sens (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Capitale (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque L'Eau de Tarocco by Diptyque