Philosykos 2012 Eau de Parfum

Philosykos (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque
Bottle Design Servaire&Co
Philosykos (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Diptyque for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is green-fresh. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation
Goes well with Florabotanica

FigFig Fig leafFig leaf Fig woodFig wood Black pepperBlack pepper

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 25.09.2022.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Philosykos (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque, which differs in concentration.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Mlleghoul
It's okay to not have all the answers
Philoskyos from Diptyque is a scent I don't wear very often because I am not quite sure what to make of it...and I don't know how to pronounce it, either. It is meant to be a perfumed ode to the fig tree in its entirety, the wood, the leaves and the fruit, but to be transparent here, I have never eaten a fresh fig, and even worse I sometimes get confused about dried figs and dried dates, so I'm already at a loss. What I do experience from this scent is the milky sap from a broken twig and the fragrance of spring greenery, damp from a morning rain. Despite that, it still comes off as dry, and I would expect it to also be fresh and light, but somehow it's strangely musty. I wear this on days when I know I've got a lot to think about, to remind myself that it's okay to not know everything, and maybe never reach a conclusion.

Delicious fig...
This is a juicy, buttery and delicious mixed scent of fig leaf and slightly unripe fig that makes you want to eat it. Seems very natural and authentic indeed.

In the drydown it turns slightly woody with cedar or even sandalwood as a co-star. A little sweet as well, but not overly so in any way. Very green and totally unisex. A little too heavy for hot summer days, but perfect for slightly warmer spring or fall days.

Sillage is moderate and longevity unfortunately not much better. Projects for 1 to 2 hours and the skin scent is completely gone after 4 hours.

Excellent scent, shame about the longevity.
Parfumatus
Wild fig garden on the cliffs
The wind is blowing in my face. A warm, salty breeze. I'm standing on a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean. Right in front of me is a small wild fig orchard. Fig trees, probably as old as the monuments from the ancient Greek times of the island. Curious I reach for a leaf of the tree and rub it between my hands. The thick leaves slowly give way and the smell of freshly cut green develops. This smell is so fresh, natural and soothing at the same time. A smell where I close my eyes and breathe deeply. With my eyes closed, I perceive a new scent: a fruity, milky note as warm as the sun's rays on my face but at the same time as refreshing as the spray of the sea that day. I open my eyes again and see fruits lying at the foot of a tree. That must be it. I tear the fruit apart with my bare hands, there it is again, the green scent, so gentle and yet so fruity strong. The fig is surrounded by a firm shell that protects the precious inside and shimmers purple in the sun. Inside, the sweet fruit, which spreads a milky-fruity aroma.

For me, Philosykos is an absolute feel-good scent. It is exciting without being exciting, it is green but not mossy green, but fresh green. It is fruity but not sweet-fruity. It is simply pleasantly green-fruity fresh. It refreshes and gives me a feeling of security. This is what a garden with ripe, healthy fruits must smell like. In the Drydown for me a fig milk in an old wooden vat in which still pressed fig leaves are floating.
Floddel
The slightly different summer scent
I have heard so much good about this fragrance over the years and yet I have waited too long to test it and buy it.
I am more a fan of very warm scents which is rather difficult in summer. Often I simply did not wear anything at all during the day when the temperatures were warm.
"Diptyque Philosykos" is in my opinion an exception. The fragrance is very pleasant and summery, yet it doesn't seem too heavy. When spraying it on, a green leafy dream is fogging me, which refreshes me (normally I hate green scents, but here I am thrilled). The scent of green leaves disappears quite quickly and is complemented by a pleasant fig scent. Not the sweet smell of fig jam but the smell of a fresh fig that you sniff before it is cut. For many people this might seem too strange and many don't want to smell like that but shortly after a pleasant milky note is added. The coconut note, which in my opinion cannot be identified as coconut, rounds off the green and vegetable very nicely and makes the whole composition a round and pleasant experience with the help of wooden notes. The further fragrance on my skin is this pleasant and fragrant overall composition.
The perfume is wonderfully natural and simply smells very authentic. If you want to smell like that you have to decide yourself. In any case it is a nice alternative to the typical fresh or citric summer scents. Unfortunately the shelf life and sillage are not so good and I have to spray the fragrance every now and then
My fig
We are at a Greek weekly market.
You give me a full bag of fresh figs.
You know better than anyone how much I like fresh figs My hand happily seeks the first specimen.

It must be round, with a fine point. And lie well between the fingers. Under pressure react tightly and do not lose much of their softness.
My fig should turn purple, with a few shades of green.
My fig must be fresh, crunchy! Start fruity and end creamy.
Mild tasting and leaving coconut water-like shadows on the palate.

The first bite, a hormonal surge.
The little seeds shriek between my teeth.
The fig juice runs out of the mouth and remains on the lip.
My fig, she makes me so happy, happy, happy!
That's how the philosophers begin for me every time. Realistic and vegetable. Soon my fruity dream fresh fig will disappear. It is replaced by cloudy coconut water and fig leaves warmed in the sun accompanied by woody chords. Rounded off with a fine, creamy fig juice sweetness, Philosykos ends for me quietly and very closely.
Knitted naturally, it doesn't scream, it remains in a sensation the most impressive and authentic fig scent I know.

Summary: Olivia Giacobetti has created a delicate, creamy and surprisingly green-woody, happy fig scent. A great coconut plant juice with mixed figs (leaves). On my skin it lasts up to 7-8 hours at most. However, it is not a Sillage killer. Philosykos is beautiful to wear on hot summer days.
I first met him many years ago in the KaDeWe during a crazy trip to Berlin. The first paper strip test impressed me so much that I had to come back to him the same day. He still makes me happy today.

6 short views on the fragrance
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Fig skin, fig tree branches, fig tree leaves, fig tree trunk. The most realistic fig tree scent I know. Green, fresh, milky, a bit woody.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 4 years ago
One of the most true fig smells. Growing up around figs trees this perfume always brings me back to those places.
ScentofSoilScentofSoil 2 years ago
Definitely too sweet for me. At first it's nice and green, then it gets sweeter and sweeter to the point I can't stand it anymore.
ItchynoseItchynose 4 years ago
A tribute to the fig tree: sweet fruit, green leaves, aromatic wood. Fresh, clean... springtime in a bottle!
Finerthings8Finerthings8 2 years ago
It is realistic fig tree,sap,leaves smell.but thats almost about it.it is linear and bit boring.Performance is also not good.Love bottle
More statements

Images

24 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Diptyque

Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Philosykos (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Tempo by Diptyque Fleur de Peau by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Eau Capitale (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Benjoin Bohème by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Oud Palao by Diptyque Eau Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque L'Eau du Trente-Quatre by Diptyque Orphéon by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Kyoto by Diptyque Eau des Sens (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque