Eau Capitale 2020 Eau de Parfum

Eau Capitale (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque
Bottle Design Illustration: Pierre Marie
Eau Capitale (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Diptyque for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is floral-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation

RoseRose
BergamotBergamot
Pink pepperPink pepper
PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 15.10.2021.

KimJong
The scent of thousands of roses
I bought Eau Capitale last year and I've already emptied a bottle, although I shared it with my wife. It's not only wearable but also outstanding in every way, originality and performance. I'm considering it to be the best work of Diptyque and going to put it back in my collection in soon.

Now let's compare this with L'Ombre Dans L'Eau, which is very well known rose perfume, among Diptyque's existing works. L'Ombre Dans L'Eau is a complete representation of the scent of a wet red rose, so to speak. That contains all the green fresh scents of leaves and a stem, in addition to the colorful and seductive scents of a rose and a bud. By comparison, this one, Eau Capitale is the scent of thousands of roses what are blooming in a moist greenhouse. As soon as you open the greenhouse, you can feel the scent of many flowers with strong vitality. They are young buds just about to bloom, firmly rooted in the oily soil, and in pretty ceramic pots. That is my impression of Eau Capitale.

Eau capitale is a type of perfume that not only satisfies myself but also pleases others. We can divide the compliments that we hear when wearing some perfume into several levels. Words just like "You smell good" or "What perfume are you wearing?" can be mere ceremonial greetings. But if someone sniffs constantly and repeat "Somewhere smells incredibly good!", so it means your smell is really good. I heard a lot of compliments at that level when I wore the Eau Capitale, and I could see cultured and sophisticated people walking around me and repeating compliments like that. Of course it's because of the scent of Eau Capitale itself that anyone can easily enjoy, but it's also because there are still very few people who wear it.

I've been wearing this steadily for the past year, so I'll also be able to comment on the weather and season. Eau Capitale works well at any time, except on cold days when temperatures drop below zero Celsius. However, even in winter, there's no problem if you wear it indoors. What I would like to say in particular is that this is more affected by humidity than temperature. Eau Capitale, like L'Ombre Dans L'Eau, gives off a much more vivid scent in wet weather: the scent of REAL roses. I think it's the best weather to wear Eau Capitale on a drizzling day, a dark cloud day, and a thick fog day.

Eau Capitale can be worn regardless of gender and age, but it has a very fancy and showy scent, so it may not be appropriate for casual attire or frugal gatherings. But surely that's not to say at all it's too formal perfume. And, blind buy? If you like the scent of rose or have already tried L'Ombre Dans L'Eau and like it, you won't fail. But only if you like the glamorous flower scent and the scent of nature with the strong projection. What if you already have another rose perfumes? Eau Capitale is very original perfume with no alternative, at least so far now in 2021, so you'll never feel bored.

Despite my poor English writing, I hope this review will help someone.

Très belle rose
Super parfum de rose il me rappelle étrangement un peu portrait of a lady, moi qui adore les parfums de rose celui-ci est vraiment bien en tout. La longévité est relativement bonne et le sillage est bon également, très bon parfum de chez Diptyque

by Gaukeleya
by Rotkehlchen
by CharlAmbre
by CharlAmbre

Popular Diptyque

Philosykos (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Philosykos (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Fleur de Peau by Diptyque Tempo by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque L'Eau du Trente-Quatre by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Oud Palao by Diptyque Benjoin Bohème by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Vetyverio (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau des Sens (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque