Kyoto 2021

Kyoto by Diptyque
Kyoto is a new and limited perfume by Diptyque for women and men and was released in 2021. The scent is green-earthy. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Limited Edition

FrankincenseFrankincense
Turkish roseTurkish rose
VetiverVetiver
BeetrootBeetroot

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 27.10.2021.

World stand still...
Crime scene: Oberpollinger
a grinning Sweetsmell with shining eyes ...
"look what I discovered, that's great, right?" ... and as long until I had held all of the Parfumotreffen in Munich the sprayed Sweetie arm under the nose ... most found Kyoto also beautiful ;)
I would have tested the probably not at all ... Beetroot ... igitt! ... I do not like to eat ... can not smell good at all ;)
But it came differently ...
test me whispered the red bottle ... i am limited so do not waste time!
3 G ... (sprayed - marveled - bought!) :)

Kyoto starts berry and absolutely not vegetable (so do not be afraid of the beetroot!)
Earthy is the scent with green woody nuances from the vetiver. With the time it becomes rosy and a fine incense veil runs through the fragrance.
Yes it's a fine rose that reveals itself to me ... but on my skin dominate red berries, earth, dust & green!
The test strip smelled much rosier!
I perceive Kyoto as a dull dry scent .... green but also berry red!
The base becomes woody and suddenly there is musk ... a delicate fluff ... that holds everything together!
Quiet tones ... full of harmony... but with a staying power of just under 8 hours!
I can imagine Kyoto all year round.
Unisex ... yes already :)
The berry red bottle is a real eye-catcher, which comes wrapped in a cloth :)
Let yourself fall into daydreams with Kyoto ...
that can sweeten a stressful workday / everyday life really!

Conclusion:
*World stand still times ...*
Harmony of rose incense vetiver & beetroot :)
Green-berry-earthy-woody dry dust ...
*Daydreaming*

SmellGoodGuy
All About That Beetroot..
This fragrance is all about that beetroot accord. The rose makes it a cohesive perfume and the frankincense serves to complement the rose (as it often does in perfumery) as well as to complement the smokey quality of the vetiver with it's own smokiness. Lastly, the vetiver is here to legitimize the beetroot accord by lending it's earthy/ grassy facets to the overall composition.

Heads up: I smell suede.

The jury is still out on whether I like this or not. Something tells me this shines in the air vs sniffing it on a forearm or wrist. Not to say it smells bad doing that but sometimes you need to back up from the trees to see the beauty of the forest. If that made sense.

The quality is typical Diptyque, which is high along with their signature "je ne sais quo" smell that transfers over to all their offerings. I can't speak on longevity, yet.

Overall, it seems like a solid offering and above that: it's UNIQUE! At least I've never smelled anything like this.

I'm curious to know what you guys think..

Sweet hug from Kyoto
I love Limited. Until there is then a favorite from a series no longer exists. Here it is dangerous, because so often I have already lost my favorites in the past at Diptyque. Especially the rosy Eau Dominotee I miss very much.
Enthusiastically I spray myself with "Kyoto" and look forward to the aura he brings.
It comes in a chic scarf and Bordeaux colors appeal to me.
In the start fresh berries, beetroot, acid and lemon. In the middle earthy berries with wood and white smoke. Never unpleasant. Very tangy, sweet-fruity and at the same time velvety cuddly incense.
Completely without muff or scratchy.
A pleasant rose base sets the end. Vegetable garden thoughts on, but also desire for a cassis cream pie.
On the whole, very nice the trip to Kyoto. Unisex, colorful and lively.
150€ for 100 ml. But as I said. Not long!

MontanaBMontanaB 1 month ago
highly overpriced for what it is. Feels very basic and unfinished

Leben am Fluss l Spätsommer l Liebe
by Knopfnase
by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75

Popular Diptyque

Philosykos (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Philosykos (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Fleur de Peau by Diptyque Tempo by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Eau Capitale (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Oud Palao by Diptyque L'Eau du Trente-Quatre by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Benjoin Bohème by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Vetyverio (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau des Sens (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque