Rouge by Dita von Teese
Bottle Design: Christian von der Heide

Rouge is a perfume by Dita von Teese for women and was released in 2012. The scent is oriental-powdery. It was last marketed by Luxess.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lapsang Souchong tea, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Gaiac wood, Magnolia
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 30.06.2019

5.0 7.0 7.5/10

If the nose is a lie to everything else: a shocking blind test
This comment was written as part of my blind test series. And I was really shocked when I found out that it was rouge from Dita von Teese.
Here I take again the original text from my blind test blog, written BEFORE the resolution:

This time the prelude is clearly that of a cologne. Fresh and somewhat herbaceous notes make me spontaneously think of a discreet and elegant men's cologne of the 70s. It's probably bergamot, neroli, and some herb. I can't name the herb. In 4711 it's rosemary and lavender, but even in 4711 I don't smell them explicitly, although I like cooking with rosemary and have lavender in the garden.

So here: unclear herb, more masculine than in 4711, insofar probably at least additionally another than there, on very fresh, brilliant, but by no means biting citrus, reminiscent of 4711.

I am very sure that this fragrance is at least unisex, depending on the year of publication and brand also declared as men's fragrance.

I myself would wash it off soon if I didn't want to do this blind test now. Not because I don't like it, but because I feel disguised with it. I think he's too manly for me. But what am I glad not to have washed it off, because now No. 2 turns to the balsamic resin. I suddenly mean to sense the wonderful smell of blooming macchia, slightly spicy, tart. Is there cistus in it? Labdanum? Also a sweet tobacco and a hint of dry wood and iris come to my mind. This exquisite and gently beguiling phase could last much, much longer for me!

Gen base, the fragrance in my nose becomes more and more a powdery-sweet me very pleasant tobacco fragrance with remains of resinous parts, very soft, warm but still light, dry and transparent. Tonka could also be there now. And even my 70s association comes again: A hairspray musk blows at me.

This is no male Wummser for Silla lovers, who want to celebrate with her smell the whole area with, no, the certain lightness, dryness and transparency reminds me of typically European man smells of the 20th century.

In spite of the Cologne impression and although the Sillage is discreet, the fragrance lasts well over 8 hours, whereby the last hours consist only of soft Tonka(?) and hairspray musk. To put it more nicely, I could say hair powder or barbershop. But not soapy! Hairspray.

All in all, I would say that this is a very noble, elegant and finely balanced men's fragrance. Throughout it has the character of lightness, dryness and transparency, but without appearing weak. It awakens the flair of a real, modern gentleman: Friendly, reserved, understated with class, but also not cool or unapproachable.

This fragrance would attract me to a man very much, at least the first 4-5 hours. That means something! I can't think of another scent I could say that about. The hairspray note will spoil it in the end, though. I'd like to get rid of it for my taste. It moves the fragrance, which I would have previously placed in the top class, back into more profane realms. I think the whole fragrance would have been better without this note, even if it would have lasted less. Then he would have been a real cologne. So he's a hybrid.

But this is also a matter of taste.

I also tested this fragrance on both days at temperatures around 30 degrees. When I wash my hands, I suspect that the herbs would be more intense if the air humidity were higher.

Thank you, Mrs. Lohse, for this astonishing experience!
10.0 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Red velvet perfection
Red velvet perfection
Unique perfume, high class aroma, jewel bottle. I cannot describe this wonderful perfume from Dita. Aromatic oriental with heavy pepper note where lovely woods and magnolia mix altogether and produce this unforgetable smell. Long lasting with a decent sillage. Go for it if you appreciate Boudoir and Boss intense. Looking forward to try Erotique.

by Spektrum
by EvaK
by Lestudio
by Lestudio

Popular Dita von Teese

Dita von Teese by Dita von Teese Erotique by Dita von Teese Rouge by Dita von Teese FleurTeese by Dita von Teese