L'Âme Sœur (2004)

L'Âme Sœur by Divine
Flacon Design: Louis Sue
Compare Prices
L'Âme Sœur is a perfume by Divine for women and was released in 2004. The scent is flowery-powdery. It is still in production.

Yann Vasnier

Bergamot, Jasmine, Comorian ylang-ylang, Bulgarian rose otto, May rose, Ambergris, Prairie gay feather

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 30.04.2017

Scent 7.0/10
Love child
If Chanel no. 5 and White Linen ever had a love child, L'Ame Soeur would be it!

My good friend Dolby sent me a sample baggie some time ago, and this is one of the inclusions. I love a good blast of Aldehydes, especially the kind used here. Uplifting and sparkling, the first few minutes after application of Soeur sets the senses ablaze with anticipation of what is to come!
Faintly at first a soft, powdery jasmine appears, taking this to a place reminiscent of no.5 ... with a little twist however! I smell lemons ... not freshly plucked and cut ones, rather I'm reminded of sticking my nose into a jar of candied lemon slices ... sugary, but with the tartness still intact. I'm intrigued to know what is creating this effervescent effect as there is nothing citrus listed in the note pyramid.
The Jasmine continues developing almost narcotically and as a very majestic Rose appears, I'm reminded of classic French perfumery and why it's been around for so long. L'Ame Soeur is solidly classic ... built to last like a Louis XIV ormolu desk ... strong but delightfully twisty and curly with so much to look at and revel in. The notes fit together beautifully, like the tiles of a gorgeously intricate parquet floor. One realizes that they all belong together ... one not being able to exist without the other.
This dries down softly and sensuously, with the ambergris providing a touch of animalic ripeness and the Ylang Ylang a hint of butter-like creaminess. It lasts a good 8 hours ... which always makes me happy!

I am thrilled to have had the opportunity of trying this! Would I ever shell out it's rather high asking price for a full bottle? Probably not ... but I'd definitely go in on a split :).
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 5.0/10
Déjà Senti ... Au Laboratoire
When I first donned Divine L'AME SOEUR, I had a difficult time placing what precisely it was that this perfume was reminding me of. It wasn't flowers; it wasn't another perfume; it wasn't a cleaning product; and it wasn't a shampoo or conditioner. And then suddenly it popped into my mind: the organic chemistry lab where I did research as an undergraduate!

L'AME SOEUR smells to me like the swirling solvents in the flasks clamped at various stations throughout the large laboratory where several graduate students spent virtually all of their working days and I spent a fair amount of time myself. Could it be benzene that I recognize in this composition? Let us hope not, since that solvent has been determined to be carcinogenic. Well, whichever liquid L'AME SOEUR is reminding me of, it's not something that I'd want to wear as perfume.

Although the alkaline quality of this composition is vaguely reminiscent of the Keiko Mecheri LOUKHOUM perfumes and also Stella Cadente MISS ME, here it is not accompanied by nutty turrón and just smells like an organic chemistry solvent to me--not at all like a floral aldehyde perfume (Chanel no. 5, White Linen, Calèche, Fleurs de Rocaille, Arpège...). Désolée.

Popular Divine

L'Homme Sage by Divine L'Inspiratrice by Divine Divine by Divine L'Homme de Cœur by Divine L'Homme Infini by Divine Eau Divine by Divine L'Infante by Divine L'Être Aimé Femme by Divine Spirituelle (Eau de Parfum) by Divine L'Être Aimé Homme by Divine L'Âme Sœur by Divine L'Inspiratrice Edition 2013 by Divine L'Homme Accompli by Divine Spirituelle (Extrait de Parfum) by Divine Divine L'éternel féminin by Divine