Divine (Eau de Parfum) by Divine

Divine 1986 Eau de Parfum

Tessa
19.02.2018 - 01:23 AM

Do not rush to conclusions

Divine is a misleading scent in the opening.
My first impression was that I was wearing Jill Sander No 4 or First by Van Cleef and Arpels . Not something I was expecting. Peach was never a favorite ingredient for me but luckily the first impression vanished fast and I started feeling the tuberose in its full splendor. No orange blossom and jasmine. I could not perceive them at all because the oak moss and the tuberose were having a party. It softened in time and was a pleasure to wear it.
It was like a story of an old overcoat, worn out and odd looking. An overcoat that once taken off showed underneath a beautiful tailored dress. Just like that.
Divine has the richness of old times and places. It is suited for galas and dress up ceremonies . It is like an eye-catching piece of jewelry .
The longevity is very good, of about 8 hrs and the sillage is not a shy one.
The bottle will hold for years, maybe, since such a scent need special moments and state of mind. I will start to wear it a little, every day so that to discover its switches and turns and see where it leads.

Latest Reviews

TessaTessa 7 months ago
Jaipur Chant - Sana Jardin

Jaipur Chant Robert Piguet wannabe
Fracas is a huge tuberose. Huge and persistent. Huge and full and unforgettable. Huge and noticeable. That is exactly what SANA perfume wanted to be. Nothing is noticeable except for the huge tuberose which becomes mellow after a short while....

TessaTessa 3 years ago
Furiosa - Fendi

Furiosa Peppery stuff
A strange, unexpectedly unpleasant composition. But hey, it is a matter of taste and when talking about perfumes we are seldom objective. In a few words , there is no freshness, no floral scent. Just a strong pepper like smell unaccompanied by anything....