3 L'Impératrice (2009)

3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana

3 L'Impératrice is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2009. The scent is fruity-fresh. It was last marketed by Procter & Gamble.

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper, Kiwi, Rhubarb
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Watermelon, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesLemon tree wood, Musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.04.2019

8.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

Fruity, fresh cleanliness
In everyday life with two toddlers you sometimes fall by the wayside, there is hardly time for beauty and other bells and whistles, you run from appointment to appointment.
It's the kind of day I like to wear L'Imperatrice on. The fresh, fruity prelude with kiwi and watermelon makes you feel good and the fruits are not too sweet. Then something slightly floral is added which gives the fragrance a pure... Shampoo moderate lends... Yummy. The base is soft, creamy and slightly woody... All in all, the fragrance is fresh, fruity and clean, you simply feel good.
The shelf life is also good with 5-6 hours :)
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Old love doesn't rust
I'm off today. I wanted to have a bad day and not leave the house. Maybe a little tidying up and cleaning if I feel like it spontaneously. I don't usually wear perfume on such occasions. Unfortunately, the Zara return trip I found in my hallway did me a disservice - so I had to get to the next post office.
I found a pair of trousers to put on quite fast, for the suitable "I'm going to just take a package away" fragrance I needed something. Undecided I stood in front of my perfume cupboard until I discovered L'Impératrice at the back of the last corner. It has been years since I consciously wore it the last time, although I loved it idolatrously in 2009/2010 when it appeared. But I was a lot younger and had a different taste. I think you can say that my scent preferences today are quite different than back then.
Now I have been back home for quite a while and have taken off my trousers again, only the scent still sticks to me. And I curse myself that I did not wear L'Impératrice more often, even that the scent has been forgotten. Because it's unbelievably beautiful!
I can't really do anything with fruity notes. But L'Impératrice manages to bring the rhubarb, the watermelon and the kiwi together in such a wonderful creamy-sweet way that I'm absolutely thrilled. That's a great summer feel-good scent!
Well, old love doesn't rust. Or at least not always.

Fruit Stall @ Market
Got this recently from The Perfume Shop, as they are promoting it at cut price. Unless I smell different to other people from what I smell like to myself, I smell like a fruit stall at the market. Or maybe at a market with rutting deer wandering around, as it is actually quite decently (or indecently?) musky. But not indecently - it's velvety musk, not the skanky kind.

On the whole I do like it actually. A fruit stall at the market is really not a bad thing to smell like at all.
? ?

Tropical Fruits From The Rainforest
This is such an unusual perfume that I've been wanting to try, I was delighted to have the opportunity to give it a test drive recently.
There is a sweetness to it, but not a sugar overload, nor a synthetic sweetness that is cloying. It's tempered and wrapped by the sandalwood and infused with musk, yet lightened considerably by watery fruits to give it an aquatic feel. It's strong on rhubarb and watermelon for me and lasted for a good four hours. With over-spraying, I'm sure this could be intense or in the summer heat, too cloying. But sprayed lightly in cooler weather, I found it refreshing and unique. It's almost tropical in a deeply lush way, it's not frivolous at all. There's a tartness to it that again, keeps it from being jammy because of the fruits. It's more earthy and woody in its effect and there is a certain degree of richness to it. Definitely reminds me of the tropics, with their lush green rain forests where there is a coolness underneath the canopies of the trees high above.
Not something to wear to a dinner party, but more for casual day-time settings where you're relaxed and just being you. I found it unique and kept sniffing my wrist to enjoy this Dolce & Gabbana offering.
7.5 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Light, fresh, and summery
Delicate and feminine fragrance. Opens with a burst of kiwi and reveals a light floral heart with watermelon and a watery note I can't put my finger on. Would be great in summer and closed spaces like office, theater, or school.
7.5 5.0 5.0 7.0/10

The empress
The card of the Empress, in tarot, represents the lushy fertility, the feminine principle and everything that is beautiful. Despite of the name, this is a unisex scent. This fruity fruity is maybe the only interesting piece of the extremely dissapointing collection of modern clichés that is this D&G series. Is a great,simple summer fragance you would also wear to gym or office. As Miskk states in her great review, i appreciate the abscence of citrus notes. Kiwi makes a great alternative to keep the fragance´s spark, but in a softer, more watery way. The cyclamen keeps the fragance grounded, with an earthy peppery note, not very noticeable, that gives body to the fruits.
5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Sweet, refreshing watermelon
L'Imperatrice is delightfully fruity, watery and fresh.

The watermelon and kiwi fruit notes go well together and in some ways I enjoy this lack of citrus. I am reminded of sorbet when I smell this fragrance, it has quite a sweet touch which is both smooth and desirable.

Although sweet, L'Imperatrice is not synthetic. This smells expensive. I am rather surprised that this is unisex, I found the top notes to be extremely feminine. However, in the base notes I sense a hint of masculinity. The sweetness tends to mellow and the kiwi note becomes stronger and much more tart. This tarty kiwi fruit and musk blend I don't enjoy on myself, however I could see it working well on a man.

The lasting power is so-so, with the sillage being quite intimate. I think it would be risky to buy this for a man if you weren't sure if he likes sweet scents. However, in the case of women, I think a majority of their buyers will be the fairer sex.

JoaoMartins 7 months ago
One of the most headache inducing fragrances ever. Can't stand it
1.0

by Ergreifend
by Ergreifend
by Meinhardis
by Meinhardis
Bevor das brave Zeug verschickt wurde.
by Stanze
by Fairycube
by LanaL
by LanaL

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One by Dolce & Gabbana The One Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana (1992) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Desire by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One by Dolce & Gabbana The One Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana