18 La Lune 2009

18 La Lune by Dolce & Gabbana
18 La Lune is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-fresh. It was last marketed by Procter & Gamble / Metropolitan Cosmetics. Pronunciation

Orris rootOrris root
LeatherLeather
LilyLily
MuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood
TuberoseTuberose

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.07.2021.

4.5

Heady with dill
The first time I tried this perfume it almost immediately gave me a migraine headache. Now I don’t know if I had one coming before I put the perfume on or if it induced the headache, therefore today I decided to wear it again. So far, so good. No headache.

This perfume smells a little bit like dill on my skin, like a pickle. I oftentimes find this an issue with certain perfumes and I can’t figure out what ingredient causes it.

Leather perhaps?

The sillage is great for the first couple hours and longevity is a good four hours on me.

Besides smelling like a pickle, I also smell tuberose, which I do love, but it’s beneath this strange dill smell that I can’t get over.

There’s also a slight sandalwood scent, but I do not pick up the rest of the sent notes. The perfume smells charming from the bottle, but it’s just not for me, so I guess I’ll sell it so that somebody else can enjoy it.
Irritated
I'm irritated that "18 La Lune" has nothing at all of the powder of the iris root and the beguiling florality of lily and tuberose. Is it the combination of light leather (I only recognize it because of the indication above) and musk that gives/imposes this spring-like freshness? Also, the sandalwood doesn't give me woody or creamy notes either. I mean, I also perceive some green notes, as if a piece of flower stem got into it.

You can tell my expectations were really going in a different direction.

"18 La Lune" is a floral-fresh spring fragrance with good durability and medium sillage, which reminds me a little of "Tulip" by Harry Lehmann in terms of character.

I thank Helena1411 for the test opportunity.
2.5

Feminine floral on card, masculine leather on skin
On the tester card, this fragrance is easily the most feminine of the series. The lily and tuberose are the most dominant notes to my nose. In fact I couldn't sense any woodsy or leathery notes at all.

I was rather enjoying the soft, powdery white floral blend which reminded me of a lighter, not as complex version of Fracas. I liked it enough to test it on my skin.

Oh the horror! When applied to my skin, the pretty white florals disappeared leaving behind strong leather and musky notes. Forget this fragrance being feminine, this is purely masculine on my skin.

It had an almost sour cream like smell, that was extremely off-putting to my nose. I'm a girly-girl, and as open-minded as I am, I couldn't possibly see myself wearing this and pulling it off.

The lasting power wasn't all that great, so thankfully the scent disappeared completely after a couple of hours.

Now this fragrance could work either way. If the La Lune agrees with your chemistry, then it's a beautiful, feminine, powdery white floral with refreshing and watery lily notes. If it disagrees with your chemistry (like it did with me), this is masculine, leathery and strong, perfectly suitable for a man to wear. Your skin will decide whether you'll like it or not.

ScentwitchScentwitch 3 months ago
4.5
Migraine inducing floral with good sillage and longevity.

by Gandix
And I remember one day in December....
by Stardust
by Stardust

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Forever by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Mysterious Night by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana