10 La Roue de La Fortune (2009)

10 La Roue de La Fortune by Dolce & Gabbana

10 La Roue de La Fortune is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2009. The scent is sweet-floral. It was last marketed by Procter & Gamble / Metropolitan Cosmetics.

Benzoin, Gardenia, Jasmine, Patchouli, Tuberose

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 08.05.2020.

VivienneK
More feminine than unisex in traditional terms
This is a sweet floral with patchouli and benzoin making it feel somewhat classical. It's both lightweight in mood and sophisticated. There is nothing revolutionary about it. Yet it serves its purpose on the market. I think it is a perfume for a lady past 25 but despite that it is not heavy nor vintage in style and you can wear it at 18 if you like it, of course, it's not one of those perfumes that feel odd on very young girls, it's just not your usual 18-year old. Easiy daytime perfume if you don't over spray (like with any perfume that has some projection). The floral vanilla and pineapple sometimes give me a headache. But I still love this perfume. It's warm and elegant and for the price the quality is just excellent.

Spicy sweet surprise
This is really good, I didn't know that the "Roue de la Fortune" was so promising. You can wear this all the time and never feel bored. The combination of sweet/spicy notes are so well blended and the perfume gives you an light oriental feeling without being overpowering. The Italian quality is definitely there. Go for it without any hesitation.

Sweet and soft
I tested this today and was surprised at how much I liked it. I thought it would be very masculine but it´s definately not. It´s sweet thanks to the pineapple but not in a gourmand way just enough to keep it fresh. I think it´s very versatile, it probably works well on most occasion. I may have sprayed too little but the longevity was not so good on my skin, just a few hours but I have ordered the perfume so we will see if it is correct

A gourmand in a feminine fashion
This is definitely my favourite from the Anthology series. I agree that it does tend to smell a little like a Thierry Mugler creation or a less powdery Ange ou Demon.

I was surprised by how feminine this fragrance actually is. I had been under the illusion that the blue and green bottles were aimed towards the male consumers.

This fragrance is not as feminine as La Lune and L'Imperatrice, however due to the rather strong white florals and syrupy vanilla, La Roue de La Fortune, does seem more suited to females.

I had distinguished this fragrance first off by its sweet, juicy mandarin orange opening. However the light, juicyness of it all didn't last long before rich white florals and delicious, almost edible vanilla took the spotlight.

Patchouli, like it does in Thierry Mugler's Angel, prevents the vanilla from becoming too sweet in the drydown, creating a balanced definition between masculine and feminine. Perhaps on a man's skin, the patchouli would dominate, therefore eliminating much of the sweet accords.

The lasting strength is fantastic, as can also be said for the sillage, which manages to leave a sensual aura. In my opinion, this fragrance is one step up from the vanillary gourmands loved by young girls in particular.

Angel meets Pure Turquoise
When I first sprayed this on, I thought that this cannot be unisex; it is just too sweet. As I wore it a bit, though, I picked up a slight woody/aquatic feel to the the scent which does, in fact, give it somewhat of a masculine edge and prevents the sweetness from being overwhelming.

This perfume actually smells to me like a combination of two perfumes, Angel (as others have mentioned) and Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise. The vanilla sweetness and pronounced patchouli note bring to mind Angel, while the clear, almost "wet" aspect reminds me of Pure Turquoise. The slight woodsiness I detect is also reminiscent of the birch in Pure Turquoise.

Not really so floral to my nose. I still tend to find it towards the feminine side, but not to the point where a man couldn't pull it off.

Sillage and longevity are excellent

by AndyCandy
by AndyCandy
by Stardust
by Stardust

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana