Dolce & Gabbana (1992)

Version from 1992
Dolce & Gabbana (1992) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design: Catherine Krunas, Atelier Dinand

Dolce & Gabbana (1992) is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 1992. The scent is floral-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBlack pearl rose, Hibiscus, Jasmine absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesBergamot, Honeysuckle
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, Musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 27.04.2019

6.0 6.0 6.0 7.5/10

Stops reformulations
There you can see again, that in former times there were really a lot of better things. You can't compare the 90s version with the shallow current version at all. Bad is the new, sweet fragrance not really, but quite boring and it is a pity that he has now stolen the place of the original. But now to the essentials; if you don't like aldehydes you can forget D&G's baby, because they dominate. In the top note the fragrance is too citric for me, even WC-like as already described. Fortunately, this disappears quickly and then it becomes really elegant, but not buff-elegant but excitingly lascivious classic stylish-elegant. Bergamot is indicated here in the heart note, which I do not recognize, nor flowers (at most a hint of rose). On me the scent is unbelievably woody, even really smoky, so I will wear the scent rather in autumn.
7.5 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Vintage Dolce & Gabbana style
This one is a bomb... an absolute bomb of aldehydes!

It's almost like a Chanel No. 5 on Steroids!

That being said, here's what I get out of it: Bright Aldehydic Soap aroma, Florals, Sanadalwood, Herbs, and Musk. I'm reviewing the eau de Parfum, and there is a difference between it and the eau de Toilette.

To me this fragrance is the ultimate "Diva" perfume! It's loud, it's bold, and slightly soft at the same time. It's not harshly loud... but it certainly announces your presence. Very strongly soapy and floral. It's very bright and that's something I like about it.

I could see an immaculately dressed Italian woman wearing this. Wearing a white suit and with huge, very loud style. This is a "power fragrance", you don't get anything like this today. The aldehyde burst really sets the tone. I think that the Eau de Toilette is a lot more wearable, but if you like big aldehydes done the old fashioned way then go for the EDP. It smells very similar to Sicily by Dolce & Gabbana (also sadly discontinued), and a little like Samsara by Guerlain (the sandalwood aspect).

This is such a grown up fragrance. Not for little girls! It commands power and respect, like when a strong, powerful, beautiful woman walks into a room. What an impression! This is the Real Dolce & Gabanna!
7.5 10.0 9.0/10

Jbells
Having your head in the clouds
I ordered a sample of this by accident while looking for D&G Pour Femme. But oh, what an amazing mistake to make!

I have never smelled a fragrance with lots of aldehydes before, so I wasn't too sure what to expect.

In the bottle, it smells like powdered skin. Sprayed on, the first thing I get is a cloud of powder with a little floral, that I can almost taste on my tongue. Nothing impressive.

Soon after, it develops into a very "airy" feeling, which Ouch (from YouTube and also Fragrantica!) pointed out was what aldehydes can be like! If I could describe it, I'd say it was airy with a kind of powdery taste on your tongue. It's like if you were on a tree in the clouds and you could smell the tree and your own skin. It persists in forms of this for a long long time - sometimes its very floral, at other times, its more green.

There is no creaminess in this at all. It's just ... air. But fragrant air, if that makes any sense. It's soft, but doesn't hide. It demands attention, but in a gentle, caressing manner.

Longevity on me was brilliant - I lost count after 12.5 hours. After about 2/3 of that time, it became a noticeable skin scent.

This is what I would go to if I want to feel like I've got my head stuck in the clouds. It's lovely in a slightly unconventional way.
5.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Feisty Floral
A beautiful woman with an aura of independence and elegant sexuality is walking over an Italian piazza where the shops have the doors open and the scents of spices, citric fruits and the smell of heavy florals in bloom is surrounding her. Men look and admire her as she confidently walks on to meet her lover for a cozy tête à tête in a cafe. That is the feeling this pretty D & G perfume conveys.

It opens up with a blast of cinnamon spiced citric fruits that smell fresh in a spicy way. Then the florals open up and add a soapy and super comfy sense to this aura of beautiful smell.

It's fresh and heavy at the same time. A wonderful signature scent and a confidence booster. Great for that special date when you want to stand out from the crowd and make a statement. Or just because you want to smell differently from the mainstream.

The silage is : "I am strong and unusual but oh so pretty" -- Longevity is wonderful, on me 8+ hours of intoxicating Italian beauty. Sample on skin before purchase because this one can cause problems on some chemistries.
Good luck! : )
5.0 7.5 5.0 10.0/10

The Firer Side of Chanel no 5
Floral Aldehydes for a modren crowd when you think of a aldehyde perfume you think of a granny scent not with this this perfume this one can balance between
vintage and the modren it sweetins the
the aldehydes with freesia and marigold
to appeal to modren women but it also
adds basil ivy coriador and sandalwood
to add to a nostaligic zeiltgeist.
it's spicy but not intrusive.

i whould be picturing on a sunday mass circa 1950's Italy where women all wear white conservativly and men with their sunday but conservative best suits but suddenly the church doors open and to everyone shock dismay a beautiful woman tall slender with short black hair and dark skin wearing a bright cherry red
form fitting dress with a red hibiscus in her hair walks slowly to the pews and sat down and everyone gasped. or
i think of Margo Channings in
All About Eve in all about eve this whould be a perfect scent for her a diva of a perfume just next to chanel no 5.
7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Make Way For Aldehydes
Dolce & Gabbana D&G has a decidedly perfumey quality to it: strong, aldehydic, complex and soapy. These to me are all virtues in a perfume, particularly in an olfactory universe being slowly taken over from the one side by shampoo and hairconditioner frags and from the other by insubstantial sugar spray solutions.

I definitely understand the advocates of D&G, given its obvious virtues. I happen to prefer my aldehydes in a clear, crystalline, transcendent form best exemplified by CALECHE and WHITE LINEN extrait. D&G offers, in contrast, a somewhat muddied aldehydic note, and the soap, too, actually seems somehow dirty. But I think that preferences in aldehydes are very subjective, and so I'd say that anyone who can tolerate them at all should give this creation a chance. It's not really for me, but I respect it for what it is.
5.0 7.5 10.0 8.0/10

Classical aldehyde bomber with 60s appeal
I'm surprised there are no aldehydes listed for this fragrance here, because they nearly throw me off my feet. (Fragrantica gives Dolce & Gabbana as an "aldehyde-floral fragrance" and I can only confirm this.)

I also detect strong hesperidic notes that give this scent a top note as penetratingly fresh and clean as a urinal cake. Tangerine in the artificial Tri-Top version liberally seasoned with lime juice from the green lime-shaped plastic bottle and mixed with said aldehydes: I found this rather off-putting.

After that the florid notes speak up, pulling this concoction away from urinal cake to a human-appropriate clean soapiness. Jasmin, rose, honeysuckle - I buy this. Also spiky-sweet citrus blossoms and a sultry subliminality as of - well, I don't know. One of those flowers you need to put out of the room after a couple of hours because they give you a headache. Hyacinths, lilies, something of the kind.

The top note is so obviously not for me that this fragrance never would have made it onto my skin had I not bought it blind. But I did, D&G being a renowned brand and the velvety red box being so seductive, plus interesting comments on various perfume sites and the irresistible "when it's gone it's gone" offer. And now I possessed this juice I had to test it properly.

"Properly" definitely means sparingly with Dolce & Gabbana! Aim for a gentle mist sprayed from a certain distance so it can fan out finely before it settles on the skin, that's how it should be done. Beware of applying a wet, concentrated splash! That's how to get people to backing off...

As I said, it pays to sit out the top note, because Dolce & Gabbana develops nicely. The cleanliness stays but not the urinal cakeyness, thank God. The scent grows softer, more feminine and exudes a very present self-confidence probably owed to the aldehydes. It doesn't feel like a very young fragrance, as there is nothing playfully romantic in it, this is a grown-up, elegant ladies' fragrance you have to be equal to.

And I think it doesn't really smell like a 90s fragrance but a good ten, twenty, thirty years older which I put down to the aldehydes as well, having had their heyday not in the nineties but a number of decades earlier.

The base note is classic and unsweet, delicately flowery, soft and clean, at least from close up when I put my nose close to my skin. What wafts to my nose from further away now and then is different, irritatingly aldehydic and reminding me of a much older scent my mother used to have as a mini in her dresser. "Madame Rochas" I think it was, the 1960 vintage version obviously. Another of these elegant little aldehyde bombs.

Skin chemistry seems to play an especially big part in this fragrance, and the hormonal cycle seems to have an impact as well. On some days this scent becomes right horrible (not necessarily the certain ones), on others it becomes an elegant and radiant beauty.
If all goes well, Dolce & Gabbana's top and basis note develop a soft and classical femininity which even remind me quite a bit of Chanel No. 5. And, as I mentioned before, of the vintage Madame Rochas.
If you like those you really should try Dolce & Gabbana as well if you get the chance.

For me it's a tad too retro, I'm afraid...
Or is it?
5.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Sexy classic : bring it back!
Never in my life would I have ever thought that a fragrance of this kind would sweep me off my feet. Normally I dislike powdery scents, but D&G is so much more than baby powder.

This fragrance is such an interesting combination of both sweet and sharp. The aldehydes aren't as strong and soapy as in Chanel No.5, rather they are softer and more delicate. If Marilyn Monroe had said she wore only a few drops of D&G to bed, then I would've understood her completely. This scent is so incredibly feminine and sensual.

In my opinion, D&G defines sexy. Whenever I wear this, I feel the urge to crawl into bed next to my lover and whisper sweet nothings into his ear. Because this fragrance is so soothing and warm, it also does wonders in settling nerves or anxiety, meaning it would be perfect for those job interviews and first dates.

I love that this perfume is memorable. It's not a scent that people will forget when you leave the room. The lasting power is also fantastic, I can still smell it seven hours after applying.

If you're looking for something clean-smelling, versatile, seductive and classy, this is my recommendation.

Jazzy76 18 months ago
I miss you so , dear Dolce & Gabbana vintage! I was addicted to your warm and aldehidic winter bouquet ! The new version is another world.+2

by 0815abc
by Süchtig
by NikkRouse10
by NikkRouse10

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana (1992) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Desire by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana