Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme 2012 Eau de Toilette

Version from 2012
Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana
Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesNeroli, Mandarin orange, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Pepper, Sage
Base Notes Base NotesTobacco, Cedarwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.05.2021.

SaSu77
Classic, fresh ... "piacevole"
For the title, I was looking for an "Italian word for pleasant" and would also very much like to describe D&G pour Homme the same way.

I had the fragrance a few years ago already once and me now in search of a beautiful fragrance for the spring, only recently decided to get him again.

For me, it just fits perfectly for the start of spring and makes me reminisce about better times.

The fragrance is described here in the reviews already often very good and therefore I would like to go into it only briefly to not bore you unnecessarily while reading the reviews. :)

Maybe my personal impression of the fragrance will help you, if you are just thinking about buying D&G pour Homme.

The presentation of the whole thing is already quite classy. The dark blue packaging is covered with velvet and the bottle is very simple and classic. Which, by the way, exactly meets my taste.

Immediately at the first spray is the wonderful bergamot in the mix with tangerine to perceive. I immediately have a great "freshness feeling" and am surrounded by a very pleasant scent cloud for me. :) I myself enjoy the fact that the fragrance is not 2 meters far to perceive and would Ihn therefore also describe as absolutely suitable for everyday use.

D&G pour Homme always puts me in a positive mood and conveys this spring feeling just perfect. *Smolder*: When the temperatures slowly rise and the first beautiful sunny days return ... D&G is there, ... brilliant. (There's not much more that can go wrong!)

What I still really like is that the beautiful fruity freshness is maintained throughout and in the course of a slight spice and something woody is added. For me, it does not last too long, but what is not bad and I the fragrance partly over the day simply re-sprayed.

Finally, I would still claim that the opening reminds me a little of Versace the Dreamer. The two fragrances are already different, but it is simply my perception and I wanted to mention it therefore briefly with.
Conclusion:
An absolute men's classic for spring and summer. Citrus, fruity, fresh, noble and slightly woody. Best simply times probeschnüffeln before you slam at D&G, because he likes by his rather classic note then maybe not everyone.

For me, however, he always belongs in my collection and I'm very happy to own him now again together with eau intense as a "spring / summer combo".

Still Italiano vero
My early reviews, among them several of the true classics, are unfortunately often horrible to read for myself and amateurish, inexperienced to useless, from spelling mistakes to nasal total failures, everything is included. That may be strict, that may be seen differently by others, that is certainly known by many long-time perfumers and frequent writers from their local "youth". That's why I always wanted to rework or even completely rewrite many a commi. But until now there was always a lack of muse and time for this, new perfumes and reviews always came first. Fortunately, this decision has now been taken away from me in the case of D&G's "Pour Homme", as I have finally (after years on the wish list) indulged in it - in the currently everywhere available, adapted, streamlined, smoothed, reformulated, affordable version. And since this one is run separately and hasn't been given a commi by me yet: here I go...

D&G Pour Homme from 2012 comes surprisingly close to its "father" and predecessor from the 90s. At least as far as I still have this one in my nose and in my memory. Of course, there is a minimal lack of oomph, depth, great character and stubbornness - which is almost always the case with such "updates" - but apart from that, this modern "Pour Homme" is still miles ahead of the competition and new releases. This spicy soap, which cannot be compared to anything else on the market, still has me in its hand and I succumb to it with all my senses... I am proud to have "Pour Homme" (2012) in my collection and wear it incredibly regularly. One could almost speak of a signature, definitely a personal favourite and a very special connection. I think he just really suits me. Characteristic, fashionable, not only because I also have Italian ancestors.

"D&G PH 2012" is a flowery semi-macho with a heart, pepper kisses lavender, clean and yet dirty. It's hard to describe. A touch more synthetic than I had in mind, but still completely masculine, gorgeous and sensual. Pencil meets salty bay, transparent tobacco leans over to citric splashes. One of the best all-rounders that a grown man can buy for money. Still, forever. The One series may have dominated Dolce & Gabbana for a decade - but this remains THE D&G fragrance. There's no way around it, it's hard to praise it enough. From the suit to the leisure time to the club or the beach - it always goes, it is always allowed, it always goes down well and is zero out of time. More like timeless. He still makes women smile, stutter, purr, blush - believe me!
Flacon: the velvety cardboard is and remains an eye-catcher, the flacon itself is solid Sillage + durability: neither hard nor tender, neither massive nor volatile - but 7-9 hours are still nice.

Conclusion: maybe not quite as deep, as racy, as iconic as in its original version - but still amazingly close and damn good wearable, strikingly different and very Italian. Even in 2020 "Pour Homme" by D&G is an absolute classic, one of my personal favourites and belongs in every well maintained men's collection!

Golcher
so glad I gave it a chance
I found this at a discount so I blind bought and what a deal did I get! I didn't have many expectations but I was blown out of the water by this little bottle.

D&G pour Homme is a very gentlemanish fragrance ideal for daily activities (a great office fragrance), soapy and clean yet spicy and playful. The lavander/tobacco dinamic is what takes it to the next level for me and the performance is just great, I get a whole business day of longevity with great projection and sillage.

Italian flatterer
I tried the scent so many times before I bought it. I was always blown away by this Italian creation. Finally bought it a few years ago. After a few months he was totally boring and one-sided.

Smells the same for me from head to base note, like shaving foam. It may not be bad, but boring and annoying over time. I can understand that many like him and he sells well, he is not loveless but meaningless for me. Flattered just boring.

Sillage and shelf life in midfield 5 hours.

Nice to have had him but I will not buy him again, I prefer to stay at Proraso.

Projects better than....
I don't understand people complaining about projection. Maybe I have a blessed skin? Yesterday I tried 6 different scents on my skin and this was overshadowing all the others.
Just so you have an idea.. D&G pour homme projects more than La Nuit de l'homme, M7 Oud Absolu, Dunhill Icon, D&G Intenso and Ralph Lauren Safari

Intoxicating Male
Whoa! Gorgeous! The bright citrus top balances the tobacco/tonka/cedar base and allows the odd middle of lavender, pepper and sage to shine. An intoxicating perfume, bright but manly. Love, love. Wear this to an interview and you’ll be hired, to an evaluation and they’ll double your raise. It’s a scent made for business success—appealing without going over the edge.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 months ago
Fresh, sweet and playful perfume that can be used in the office due to its soapy and clean vibe. The spicy lavander/tobacco combo is good.
AithanAithan 2 years ago
Got fresh soapy scent with a little bit of citrus and floral notes.
Good clean soapy scent for office and leisure.
Could be Unisex.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Citrus fresh fougére fragrance with some spiciness and hints of sweetness and tobacco. The gentle sex like to smell it on men. Recommended.
Syzygy73Syzygy73 3 years ago
The lavender and sage at the heart give this scent a soft herbaceous quality that projects and lasts. Very good if not great. Solid.

by Golcher
by Canuck
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Forever by Dolce & Gabbana D&G Feminine by Dolce & Gabbana