Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012)Eau de Toilette

Version from 2012
Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana

Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Neroli, Tangerine
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Pepper, Sage
Base Notes Base NotesTobacco, Tonka bean, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.08.2020.

Ciao a Tutti
Buongiorno. Come stai ?
Well, do some already have cabin fever?
The usual life, the hustle and bustle and the self-evident is pretty much gone for all of us at the moment and on the one hand we are thinking about how things will go on, worried about our existence, that we might carry the virus in us for some reason or another and on the other hand how simple life was before. How natural many things were in everyday life, so that if you want to take something good from the whole story, you might appreciate the "normal" life more in the future.
At least that's how I feel, and after I went shopping again today and was among strangers for the first time since last week, a lot of thoughts come to mind. Today, many people were wearing face masks, safety distance bands at the cash desks, plastic protection at the sales counter and the shopping trolleys were always freshly disinfected by the trainee. Toast, toilet paper and the finished mashed potatoes were still out, just a few things I noticed. Cauliflower currently costs 4.99 and is probably made of gold. A little bit paranoid you get if you scratch your nose while shopping and I hope I came back home healthy,

Well, and as I sit at home now, I remember the story of how I came to the Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme, because it was actually not a story, but the most normal thing in the world.
Because while you still could, I happened to test it. Just like that, in the shop, out of boredom, or rather desperation.
But one by one.
I wanted to test a number of new releases together with my better half, because I still enjoy it most to see the fragrance I want to test in the shop and to spray it to get a first impression. This is mostly only possible in the mainstream area, but I don't care. When I read through statements here every day, I feel like 80% of them are fragrances and above all brands I have never heard of in my life. This has become increasingly exhausting. All niche snobs have become ?
Whereby this is partly already no longer a niche, this is underground.
But okay, everybody's got their own way One of the new releases I wanted to test was the new The One Intense. I have to say in advance that I haven't been able to do much with the Dolce & Gabbana brand so far. I didn't like the usual fragrances at all Light & blue I find simply pale, the Eau Intense of it, causes nausea and headaches, K was a complete flop and The One I found ok, but didn't cause me any emotion at all. Just to name a few.
The only fragrance that really inspired me so far was Velvet Desert Oud. But then it really did. Of course, the most exclusive, i.e. the most expensive of the exclusive line. Oh fuck, I am a niche snob too!
But you don't give up hope and so I wanted to test the new Intense of The One. I did that too, but I don't want to say another word about that either.

Now I stood there in the shop in front of the D&G shelf and was already annoyed again why I had to test it and then I noticed the bottle of the D&G pour Homme and I noticed that I didn't know it at all, hadn't even heard of it and that this is already the 2nd version of 2012. Yes I can be ignorant, even Le Male I know only for 2 years Well, and then I sprayed my hand and WOW! That's how a test should be done, I was immediately thrilled and showed it to Mrs. Schoork who saw it the same way
A fresh and spicy lavender sage mix, lightly peppered and with a fruity underlay, came out and was as mild and smooth as an Italian can be. The scent smells clearly of the 90s and I had a similar experience with Roma Uomo, which, however, keeps as long as chips stay warm.

Tobacco and tonka are only slightly mixed together and round off the overall picture. It doesn't have much progression, but it conveys an eerily distinct feeling. It gets a hint of soapy, but it is not a clean man in the classical sense, because it still has this slight sweetness, which is not as bad as with the Intenso. A fragrance that can be worn all year round and with everything. I find it very elegant, but also casual enough Of course I tested it then also completely on me and after 2x carrying I can say that it will move in. Quanto costa? Online very cheap. I am annoyed, however, not already to possess him, then I would have currently at least a little La Dolce Vita in the bottle
A fragrance that awakens the Italian in you, because he eats Molto Bene. Allora eat scent eat spruh to eat bottle empty. What do Dolce & Gabbana allow? Make fragrances today like STRUNZ. Smell like socks full of gorgonzola today. But here is un classico. Non ci piove. Fantastico. Ragazzo Mille Grazie Calzone Stracciatella
And it passed me by forever. Now it is clear to me once again that some people know the first fragrance, the original version and will say that it was better. I already know it. It always comes. Attenzione.....
I am still happy for you too, I know this version, think this version is very good and discuss this version here. Capito?

I like Italy, the food, the language, the culture and now also fragrances. I drove Fiat for years, which is not colloquially called Fehler In Allen Teile, but Feuer In Allen Töpfen!

My conclusion, as I wrote in my statement, is that you can find good mainstream if it's not gossipy. From my point of view, this fragrance still easily fits all previous new releases in your pocket, as it still sticks out of the current standard mash and for all those who don't know it, it's certainly worth a look.

Now I wish myself that I can go soon times again to test and perhaps I have again luck with any scent I have also long ignored.
I wish you that this time will soon be over, that we can return to normality and maybe appreciate a little more what we have in life.

Saluti Ciao
Signore Schoork
Still Italiano vero
My early reviews, among them several of the true classics, are unfortunately often horrible to read for myself and amateurish, inexperienced to useless, from spelling mistakes to nasal total failures, everything is included. That may be strict, that may be seen differently by others, that is certainly known by many long-time perfumers and frequent writers from their local "youth". That's why I always wanted to rework or even completely rewrite many a commi. But until now there was always a lack of muse and time for this, new perfumes and reviews always came first. Fortunately, this decision has now been taken away from me in the case of D&G's "Pour Homme", as I have finally (after years on the wish list) indulged in it - in the currently everywhere available, adapted, streamlined, smoothed, reformulated, affordable version. And since this one is run separately and hasn't been given a commi by me yet: here I go...

D&G Pour Homme from 2012 comes surprisingly close to its "father" and predecessor from the 90s. At least as far as I still have this one in my nose and in my memory. Of course, there is a minimal lack of oomph, depth, great character and stubbornness - which is almost always the case with such "updates" - but apart from that, this modern "Pour Homme" is still miles ahead of the competition and new releases. This spicy soap, which cannot be compared to anything else on the market, still has me in its hand and I succumb to it with all my senses... I am proud to have "Pour Homme" (2012) in my collection and wear it incredibly regularly. One could almost speak of a signature, definitely a personal favourite and a very special connection. I think he just really suits me. Characteristic, fashionable, not only because I also have Italian ancestors.

"D&G PH 2012" is a flowery semi-macho with a heart, pepper kisses lavender, clean and yet dirty. It's hard to describe. A touch more synthetic than I had in mind, but still completely masculine, gorgeous and sensual. Pencil meets salty bay, transparent tobacco leans over to citric splashes. One of the best all-rounders that a grown man can buy for money. Still, forever. The One series may have dominated Dolce & Gabbana for a decade - but this remains THE D&G fragrance. There's no way around it, it's hard to praise it enough. From the suit to the leisure time to the club or the beach - it always goes, it is always allowed, it always goes down well and is zero out of time. More like timeless. He still makes women smile, stutter, purr, blush - believe me!
Flacon: the velvety cardboard is and remains an eye-catcher, the flacon itself is solid Sillage + durability: neither hard nor tender, neither massive nor volatile - but 7-9 hours are still nice.

Conclusion: maybe not quite as deep, as racy, as iconic as in its original version - but still amazingly close and damn good wearable, strikingly different and very Italian. Even in 2020 "Pour Homme" by D&G is an absolute classic, one of my personal favourites and belongs in every well maintained men's collection!

Golcher
so glad I gave it a chance
I found this at a discount so I blind bought and what a deal did I get! I didn't have many expectations but I was blown out of the water by this little bottle.

D&G pour Homme is a very gentlemanish fragrance ideal for daily activities (a great office fragrance), soapy and clean yet spicy and playful. The lavander/tobacco dinamic is what takes it to the next level for me and the performance is just great, I get a whole business day of longevity with great projection and sillage.

Italian flatterer
I tried the scent so many times before I bought it. I was always blown away by this Italian creation. Finally bought it a few years ago. After a few months he was totally boring and one-sided.

Smells the same for me from head to base note, like shaving foam. It may not be bad, but boring and annoying over time. I can understand that many like him and he sells well, he is not loveless but meaningless for me. Flattered just boring.

Sillage and shelf life in midfield 5 hours.

Nice to have had him but I will not buy him again, I prefer to stay at Proraso.

Projects better than....
I don't understand people complaining about projection. Maybe I have a blessed skin? Yesterday I tried 6 different scents on my skin and this was overshadowing all the others.
Just so you have an idea.. D&G pour homme projects more than La Nuit de l'homme, M7 Oud Absolu, Dunhill Icon, D&G Intenso and Ralph Lauren Safari

Intoxicating Male
Whoa! Gorgeous! The bright citrus top balances the tobacco/tonka/cedar base and allows the odd middle of lavender, pepper and sage to shine. An intoxicating perfume, bright but manly. Love, love. Wear this to an interview and you’ll be hired, to an evaluation and they’ll double your raise. It’s a scent made for business success—appealing without going over the edge.

AithanAithan 12 months ago
Got fresh soapy scent with a little bit of citrus and floral notes.
Good clean soapy scent for office and leisure.
Could be Unisex.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 17 months ago
Citrus fresh fougére fragrance with some spiciness and hints of sweetness and tobacco. The gentle sex like to smell it on men. Recommended.
Syzygy73Syzygy73 23 months ago
The lavender and sage at the heart give this scent a soft herbaceous quality that projects and lasts. Very good if not great. Solid.

by Schoork
by Canuck
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana