Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme 2012 Eau de Toilette

Version from 2012
Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana
Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesNeroliNeroli
SageSage
Base Notes Base NotesTobaccoTobacco
CedarwoodCedarwood
Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 03.10.2021.

Italian velvet
This fragrance I have emptied in such a short time to the last drop that I am simply obliged to dedicate a review to this Italian.
I bought the fragrance cheap as a blind purchase and had a good feeling from the outset that this would be my next signature. And so it was. Immediately after the first spray, the neroli, which is surrounded by a beautiful tobacco and lavender, made me downright addicted. Sprayed on in the morning, you immediately feel refreshed and "dressed". Italian, that is. Please don't ever tamp down this masterpiece
The broken lance
For this fragrance I would like to break a lance. I think he gets unjustly very much hate on the net, because he is no longer as he once was. The hype is the old version, which still carries the sticker on the bottle. Produced by Euroitalia in Italy. The current version is manufactured under license by Shiseido in France. The old Euroitalia version is offered at horrendous prices on Ebay and hyped by various Youtubers. To say it in advance: I think the new version is really, really good too, although I have an emotional connection to the old DGPH. Here's a quick flashback to 1994, when I was 22 and freshly in love. Fittingly, I wanted to buy a new fragrance. For several years, Fahrenheit had been the only fragrance in my possession and now I needed something new. In the narrow selection I pulled at that time Havana of Aramis (had at that time a very responding advertisement, exotic, masculine). In the perfumery, however, a young saleswoman did not recommend Havana, but the fragrance of the then still young Italian label Dolce & Gabbana. PH was the first men's fragrance and something sensationally new and innovative. Family and friends were enthusiastic about my new fragrance at the time, and it felt like every second person bought it for me. That's how the hypes came about in the 90s without the Internet. Simply through a lot of personal contact and exchange. Of course, it could also have been because I spent more time in my regular café with friends than at home. In any case I associate a wonderful time with DGPH. After we lost track of each other for more than 20 years, I bought a bottle of the current version. I recognized the scent immediately. The character of that time has been preserved in the new version. Sure it's not as strong anymore and noticeably weaker in performance. The tobacco leaf note has faded more into the background. The fragrance has somehow become more "French". More subtle and softer. But still beautiful. Very unique in my eyes and not a synthetic one-size-fits-all. Shiseido has done a good job here and saved a fragrance from the 90s over time. You can definitely wear DGPH as a signature. It is versatile and also well suited for the office. Sprout Case Old Fashioned. I just spray on a little more than would have been required with the old version. I don't think you necessarily have to chase the old version in this case. You get a great scent from DG at an acceptable price. At the end of 2021, the licensing agreement between Dolce & Gabbana and Shiseido expires. Then DG will have to look for a new producer for its fragrances. According to experience, new formulations will be at the start then. Whoever is a fan of the current version should prepare for this and possibly stock up. You never know what's coming? It would actually be fitting if DG went back to Euroitalia. Back to the roots. But presumably LOreal will do everything in their power to get hold of this lucrative contract. What do you think? LOreal is good at discontinuing the old fragrances for profit (as with YSL) and "relaunching" the entire brand.

I still like my "French" Italian very much and am glad that there is still to buy
The King!
Dolce Gabbana pour Homme 2012 is now for a year my signature fragrance. Was then a blind purchase, I got 125ml for the price of 37 € including shipping. This neroli, the tobacco, the fruity freshness, simply a dream! Will remain 100% the next 5 years in my collection!
SaSu77
Classic, fresh ... "piacevole"
For the title, I was looking for an "Italian word for pleasant" and would also very much like to describe D&G pour Homme the same way.

I had the fragrance a few years ago already once and me now in search of a beautiful fragrance for the spring, only recently decided to get him again.

For me, it just fits perfectly for the start of spring and makes me reminisce about better times.

The fragrance is described here in the reviews already often very good and therefore I would like to go into it only briefly to not bore you unnecessarily while reading the reviews. :)

Maybe my personal impression of the fragrance will help you, if you are just thinking about buying D&G pour Homme.

The presentation of the whole thing is already quite classy. The dark blue packaging is covered with velvet and the bottle is very simple and classic. Which, by the way, exactly meets my taste.

Immediately at the first spray is the wonderful bergamot in the mix with tangerine to perceive. I immediately have a great "freshness feeling" and am surrounded by a very pleasant scent cloud for me. :) I myself enjoy the fact that the fragrance is not 2 meters far to perceive and would Ihn therefore also describe as absolutely suitable for everyday use.

D&G pour Homme always puts me in a positive mood and conveys this spring feeling just perfect. *Smolder*: When the temperatures slowly rise and the first beautiful sunny days return ... D&G is there, ... brilliant. (There's not much more that can go wrong!)

What I still really like is that the beautiful fruity freshness is maintained throughout and in the course of a slight spice and something woody is added. For me, it does not last too long, but what is not bad and I the fragrance partly over the day simply re-sprayed.

Finally, I would still claim that the opening reminds me a little of Versace the Dreamer. The two fragrances are already different, but it is simply my perception and I wanted to mention it therefore briefly with.
Conclusion:
An absolute men's classic for spring and summer. Citrus, fruity, fresh, noble and slightly woody. Best simply times probeschnüffeln before you slam at D&G, because he likes by his rather classic note then maybe not everyone.

For me, however, he always belongs in my collection and I'm very happy to own him now again together with eau intense as a "spring / summer combo".

Still Italiano vero
My early reviews, among them several of the true classics, are unfortunately often horrible to read for myself and amateurish, inexperienced to useless, from spelling mistakes to nasal total failures, everything is included. That may be strict, that may be seen differently by others, that is certainly known by many long-time perfumers and frequent writers from their local "youth". That's why I always wanted to rework or even completely rewrite many a commi. But until now there was always a lack of muse and time for this, new perfumes and reviews always came first. Fortunately, this decision has now been taken away from me in the case of D&G's "Pour Homme", as I have finally (after years on the wish list) indulged in it - in the currently everywhere available, adapted, streamlined, smoothed, reformulated, affordable version. And since this one is run separately and hasn't been given a commi by me yet: here I go...

D&G Pour Homme from 2012 comes surprisingly close to its "father" and predecessor from the 90s. At least as far as I still have this one in my nose and in my memory. Of course, there is a minimal lack of oomph, depth, great character and stubbornness - which is almost always the case with such "updates" - but apart from that, this modern "Pour Homme" is still miles ahead of the competition and new releases. This spicy soap, which cannot be compared to anything else on the market, still has me in its hand and I succumb to it with all my senses... I am proud to have "Pour Homme" (2012) in my collection and wear it incredibly regularly. One could almost speak of a signature, definitely a personal favourite and a very special connection. I think he just really suits me. Characteristic, fashionable, not only because I also have Italian ancestors.

"D&G PH 2012" is a flowery semi-macho with a heart, pepper kisses lavender, clean and yet dirty. It's hard to describe. A touch more synthetic than I had in mind, but still completely masculine, gorgeous and sensual. Pencil meets salty bay, transparent tobacco leans over to citric splashes. One of the best all-rounders that a grown man can buy for money. Still, forever. The One series may have dominated Dolce & Gabbana for a decade - but this remains THE D&G fragrance. There's no way around it, it's hard to praise it enough. From the suit to the leisure time to the club or the beach - it always goes, it is always allowed, it always goes down well and is zero out of time. More like timeless. He still makes women smile, stutter, purr, blush - believe me!
Flacon: the velvety cardboard is and remains an eye-catcher, the flacon itself is solid Sillage + durability: neither hard nor tender, neither massive nor volatile - but 7-9 hours are still nice.

Conclusion: maybe not quite as deep, as racy, as iconic as in its original version - but still amazingly close and damn good wearable, strikingly different and very Italian. Even in 2020 "Pour Homme" by D&G is an absolute classic, one of my personal favourites and belongs in every well maintained men's collection!

Golcher
so glad I gave it a chance
I found this at a discount so I blind bought and what a deal did I get! I didn't have many expectations but I was blown out of the water by this little bottle.

D&G pour Homme is a very gentlemanish fragrance ideal for daily activities (a great office fragrance), soapy and clean yet spicy and playful. The lavander/tobacco dinamic is what takes it to the next level for me and the performance is just great, I get a whole business day of longevity with great projection and sillage.

Italian flatterer
I tried the scent so many times before I bought it. I was always blown away by this Italian creation. Finally bought it a few years ago. After a few months he was totally boring and one-sided.

Smells the same for me from head to base note, like shaving foam. It may not be bad, but boring and annoying over time. I can understand that many like him and he sells well, he is not loveless but meaningless for me. Flattered just boring.

Sillage and shelf life in midfield 5 hours.

Nice to have had him but I will not buy him again, I prefer to stay at Proraso.

Projects better than....
I don't understand people complaining about projection. Maybe I have a blessed skin? Yesterday I tried 6 different scents on my skin and this was overshadowing all the others.
Just so you have an idea.. D&G pour homme projects more than La Nuit de l'homme, M7 Oud Absolu, Dunhill Icon, D&G Intenso and Ralph Lauren Safari

Intoxicating Male
Whoa! Gorgeous! The bright citrus top balances the tobacco/tonka/cedar base and allows the odd middle of lavender, pepper and sage to shine. An intoxicating perfume, bright but manly. Love, love. Wear this to an interview and you’ll be hired, to an evaluation and they’ll double your raise. It’s a scent made for business success—appealing without going over the edge.

EdifierEdifier 16 days ago
I do not know which version I tested. The overload of lavender and pairing with tobacco made it nauseating to me. Instant headache material.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
Fresh, sweet and playful perfume that can be used in the office due to its soapy and clean vibe. The spicy lavander/tobacco combo is good.
AithanAithan 2 years ago
Got fresh soapy scent with a little bit of citrus and floral notes.
Good clean soapy scent for office and leisure.
Could be Unisex.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Citrus fresh fougére fragrance with some spiciness and hints of sweetness and tobacco. The gentle sex like to smell it on men. Recommended.
Syzygy73Syzygy73 3 years ago
The lavender and sage at the heart give this scent a soft herbaceous quality that projects and lasts. Very good if not great. Solid.

by Golcher
by Rodin
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Forever by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Mysterious Night by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana