Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (2014) Eau de Parfum

Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana

Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2014. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesAquatic notes, Basil, Tagetes, Geranium
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Tobacco, Hay absolute, Bran absolute
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Sandalwood, Cypress

Submitted by Michael, last update on 08.10.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Colin Farrell.

8.0 5.0 5.0 9.0/10

The almost perfect fragrance
In my search for the perfect fragrance, I would like to dedicate my first comment to a fragrance that has a personal meaning for me and is somewhat undervalued from my point of view
It's about the successor to the - in my opinion - best designer fragrance, the Dolce&Gabbane pour Homme, whose original has existed for 25 years and has already been reformulated to death. The Intenso version should be a more intensive and modern interpretation of the classic from the 90s.

I don't want to go into the details of the individual fragrances at all, as this has already been described in detail here. For me, the lavender note is clearly in the foreground, overlapping the fragrance from beginning to end. What makes the fragrance so unique from my point of view is the combination of aquatic and at the same time tart notes, the mixture of fresh/sweet, woody/spicy and powdery/smoky as I have not perceived it in any other fragrance. By the way, the scent, as long as it is perceived, is a true catcher of compliments, since I have already been asked about it several times. The original also comes to light, whereby the original has a unique selling point for me in that I don't have any other fragrance that smells similar to the original
However, the Intenso has two weaknesses:

Although the scents are very well coordinated from my point of view, the lavender comes across very artificially. The remaining hay notes can be guessed at, they don't seem very natural either.

The biggest problem, however, is the durability and the Sillage, I can not quite understand the different ratings in this regard: The fragrance radiates - like most new publications of today - max. 1 hour well, is therefore well perceptible at the beginning, but then withdraws quickly and becomes very close after about 3 hours, before it disappears after about 5 hours completely. On the clothes, it lasts somewhat longer, becomes however also "clothes-near fast." Even the multiple reformulated today's version of the original has a better durability.

From my point of view the term "Intenso" is a bad joke: In a comment it says that the fragrance has the durability of an EDT from the 90's, which I also cannot share. I have the honour to get a copy of the original from the original version. The original from the 90's is even perceptible the next day, has a shelf life of 12 hours+, which was common 20 years ago with an EDT (!); with today's new releases you have to be happy if they last a working day. To market the smell still as EDP, borders already on customer fraud.

From my point of view - as already described - the name AQUA would have fitted very well to this scent, which would also describe the scent direction most likely. Otherwise, the fragrance is very versatile.

Conclusion: The Intenso is a beautiful version of the classic and is ideal for office/school use as it gives an aquatic/fresh/sweet/sweet/spicy/ben/woody/powdery impression that is not too intrusive. It arrives also well, as long as it is perceptible ;-)
7.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Underrated spicy gem
I was hesitant with Intenso because it's been very overlook by the frag comm and the few reviews I found in youtube weren't very favorable but stubborn as I am I decided to buy online despite having D&G pour Homme already in my collection. Glad I did! Is it similar to D&G pour Homme? Of course, it's a flanker, that's what flankers are!
I love how Intenso increases the tobacco of the original which blends perfectly with the lavander, basil and aquatic notes adding a little darkness and depth to the formula. Worth the while, perhaps you should check it out and not make it a blind buy as I did but you should give it a try.

75ml bottle should do, not sure one needs more than that
7.0 8.0 7.0 6.5/10

RaySilvers
Sticky sweet with intense spice
The bottle does not contain what it suggests, far too sweet for the spicy smoky notes it contains. Then some Niveacreme and the clear statement is gone, looks as if it wanted but can not. However, the performance is not bad

Pleasant fragrance
I found this fragrance appealing because it smells similar to Mugler's Alien Man in the beginning, at least my nose thinks so.
The hay comes out a little later and fits very well, I think.
So after half an hour the lavender becomes a bit harsher and the lavender is clearly perceptible.
A certain freshness is added after about two hours, which perhaps comes from the cypress.
I don't take wood at all.
Still a great perfume I must say.
The shelf life is about 8 hours on my skin, which is absolutely OK.
The bottle (50ml) lies well in the hand and the box with the velvet cover feels really noble.
Absolutely recommendable!
For the Intenso by D&G I got 8 out of 10 points.
7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Hay/Tobacco/Lavender
The hay note is strong in this one, I love the combination of lavender, tobacco and hay!

It easily reminds me of Dior's Sauvage, in that they are both very nice though not great. A great wonderful soap and clean smell.

So awesome for casual events but also a possible option for fancy events.

Niche and high-end collectors might overlook this but if you want something simple with a good life and projection then this will do for everyday activities.

Very few scents out there with hay as the main note, this does a great job of putting it in the spotlight and mixing it up with the tobacco and lavender.

Carlitos01 11 months ago
Smooth lavender perfume, a little sweet, a little spicy, a little smoky, a little woody, a little aromatic and with a little performance.+5
Jazzy76 14 months ago
This mysterious black bottle hides a very pleasant aromatic scent , deep but not heavy. Maybe the sillage could be stronger , but I like it+3
6.0

by Bnd007
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One by Dolce & Gabbana The One Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana (1992) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One by Dolce & Gabbana The One Desire by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana