Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso 2014 Eau de Parfum

Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana
Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2014. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesAquatic notesAquatic notes BasilBasil TagetesTagetes GeraniumGeranium
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavenderLavender TobaccoTobacco Hay absoluteHay absolute Bran absoluteBran absolute
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanumLabdanum SandalwoodSandalwood CypressCypress

Submitted by Michael, last update on 11.09.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Colin Farrell.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Dulce and Gabbana thumbs down
This flanker is an average at best version of the original DAG PH from 2012. This one was launched in 2014. It opens fresh with aquatic notes containing lavender and basil. Also has notes of labdanum sandalwood and cypress. The downside is that it does not perform well. The composition is an EDP so you'd expect a lot more from this fragrance but on my skin I'll get 4hrs max. Good thing i have a decant LMAO
Blazn67
Wow! Very positively surprised!
Wow, that was a good trade!

I owned the JPG Le Beau and wanted to get rid of it so badly... was not mine at all and has not really smelled good on me (my sensation). Then I was proposed a swap deal with the Intenso and I must say: I'm really positively surprised.

He comes along with a great fragrance blend. Very powdery and sweet but still with a slight freshness, as I find. The first few minutes are just gorgeous, really a very great fragrance.
The sillage is a bit "limited" though... it doesn't really want to break out. The same can unfortunately be related to the shelf life. He keeps a good 4-5 hours, after that, however, it strongly decreases.

The bottle, on the other hand, I like very much, lies well in the hand - although one initially expects a different fragrance due to the optics of the flacon.

All in all, I am really very positively surprised and am happy about my transacted exchange. I will have a lot of fun with the fragrance, as it is really versatile.
Intenso
(M)a dream, unfortunately without durability!
Intenso is a really great fragrance, I would even say it is one of my favourites! Especially the start of this fragrance is excellent. A fresh, slightly maritime start, paired with an incredibly exciting and delightful hay scent. This note of hay is what I like, because the composition with the fresh notes makes this fragrance simply incredibly pleasant and masculine. However, this "fresh hay kick" fades away quite quickly and Intenso becomes sweeter and sweeter. The shelf life of starl leaves a lot to be desired, so that after 4 hours at the latest, it is over, with only sweet smelling for the last 2 hours. I like the flacon, noble and masculine, and the colouring fits Dolce & Gabbana perfectly.
The almost perfect fragrance
In my search for the perfect fragrance, I would like to dedicate my first comment to a fragrance that has a personal meaning for me and is somewhat undervalued from my point of view
It's about the successor to the - in my opinion - best designer fragrance, the Dolce&Gabbane pour Homme, whose original has existed for 25 years and has already been reformulated to death. The Intenso version should be a more intensive and modern interpretation of the classic from the 90s.

I don't want to go into the details of the individual fragrances at all, as this has already been described in detail here. For me, the lavender note is clearly in the foreground, overlapping the fragrance from beginning to end. What makes the fragrance so unique from my point of view is the combination of aquatic and at the same time tart notes, the mixture of fresh/sweet, woody/spicy and powdery/smoky as I have not perceived it in any other fragrance. By the way, the scent, as long as it is perceived, is a true catcher of compliments, since I have already been asked about it several times. The original also comes to light, whereby the original has a unique selling point for me in that I don't have any other fragrance that smells similar to the original
However, the Intenso has two weaknesses:

Although the scents are very well coordinated from my point of view, the lavender comes across very artificially. The remaining hay notes can be guessed at, they don't seem very natural either.

The biggest problem, however, is the durability and the Sillage, I can not quite understand the different ratings in this regard: The fragrance radiates - like most new publications of today - max. 1 hour well, is therefore well perceptible at the beginning, but then withdraws quickly and becomes very close after about 3 hours, before it disappears after about 5 hours completely. On the clothes, it lasts somewhat longer, becomes however also "clothes-near fast." Even the multiple reformulated today's version of the original has a better durability.

From my point of view the term "Intenso" is a bad joke: In a comment it says that the fragrance has the durability of an EDT from the 90's, which I also cannot share. I have the honour to get a copy of the original from the original version. The original from the 90's is even perceptible the next day, has a shelf life of 12 hours+, which was common 20 years ago with an EDT (!); with today's new releases you have to be happy if they last a working day. To market the smell still as EDP, borders already on customer fraud.

From my point of view - as already described - the name AQUA would have fitted very well to this scent, which would also describe the scent direction most likely. Otherwise, the fragrance is very versatile.

Conclusion: The Intenso is a beautiful version of the classic and is ideal for office/school use as it gives an aquatic/fresh/sweet/sweet/spicy/ben/woody/powdery impression that is not too intrusive. It arrives also well, as long as it is perceptible ;-)

Underrated spicy gem
I was hesitant with Intenso because it's been very overlooked by the frag comm and the few reviews I found in youtube weren't very favorable but stubborn as I am I decided to buy online despite having D&G pour Homme already in my collection. Glad I did! Is it similar to D&G pour Homme? Of course, it's a flanker, that's what flankers are! however, it's a more interesting version which I've heard is closer to the original Pour Homme than current Pour Homme reformulation.

I love how Intenso increases the tobacco of the original which blends perfectly with the lavander, basil and aquatic notes adding a little darkness and depth to the formula while keeping some soapy clean nuances, it's both clean and dirty at the same time. Worth the while, perhaps you should check it out and not make it a blind buy as I did but you should give it a try.

75ml bottle should do, not sure one needs more than that

6 short views on the fragrance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
Smooth lavender perfume, a little sweet, a little spicy, a little smoky, a little woody, a little aromatic and with a little performance.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
This mysterious black bottle hides a very pleasant aromatic scent , deep but not heavy. Maybe the sillage could be stronger , but I like it
Nik604Nik604 6 months ago
People seems to blame the perfume for low performance and durability , but the reason is their skin, not the juice ! On me lasts 12 ours .
RobbieXRobbieX 10 months ago
A clean, fresh, floral and herbal perfume. It's unusual and attention grabbing. I can smell the Hay note. A real grower. In my top 6.
TomnaticTomnatic 4 months ago
Smells like Lenor Detergent with a lil bit of black chocolate
More statements

Images

14 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One Luminous Night by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Forever by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Amber Sun by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Italian Love by Dolce & Gabbana The One Mysterious Night by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Amber Skin by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana