Light Blue Eau Intense 2017

Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana
Light Blue Eau Intense is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Granny Smith apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesTagetes, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesAmberwood, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 19.10.2020.

The faces of the advertising campaign are models Bianca Balti and David Gandy, photographed by Mario Testino.

LiloW
Like fresh out of the shower
The Granny Smith smell is clearly noticeable. The lemon comes creeping up the back The finish with musk and amber blends perfectly with the apple note.
The scent on the skin is light but long lasting.
Vivien1001
Cleaner summer scent - unique!
I had received the fragrance as a sample and tested it extensively this summer.
One has to say that the freshness of the apple and lemon notes almost knocks you out. It is a fragrance that is very uniquely fresh and fruity at the same time, that it is very well recognizable as a signature scent. You can recognize this scent among thousands!

I find the Sillage very good for such a fresh scent and also the shelf life of one of the Freshies is very good!

Nevertheless, I would really only use the fragrance in summer, but I think it is less suitable for other seasons. If then still rather in the office than everyday scent.

Nevertheless, I will definitely get it next year. :)
Lee97
Is there a tangerine hiding there?
From the first moment I smelled this fragrance, years ago, it undoubtedly became my favourite fragrance!
I don't know why, but for me this smell totally smells like tangerine! There is no better summer scent, I have smelled a lot of them, and so far no one has knocked me out like this one. When I wear the scent, I think of a moment on the beach with a fruit cup of tangerine orange apple and lemon, maybe some mint and fresh sea air.
The Intense version surprised me, because unfortunately these versions are often different from the normal one, which fortunately is not the case! Here the durability was simply improved. This is also very good, because I don't want to stop being able to smell the fragrance! - short and sweet i love the scent and i guarantee there is no better one if you like fruity fresh.
LG

Light Blue Eau Intense Dolce & Gabbana
I'm going to keep this short and sweet. There is no better perfume for the summer time heat. I've worn the regular Light Blue and I find that they do smell similar but the regular version doesn't last or project as well. I am amazed at how many compliments I have received while wearing this. I am guaranteed to have at least one person approach me and tell me how good I smell. It's my most complimented fragrance ever! That says something about this scent. Citrusy and fresh. It's a universal crowd-pleaser!
Marilyn25
Memories of the fleeting happiness of summer
The other day I was visiting a good friend. We hadn't seen each other for five years Well I admit it, he is more than a friend to me, because I have certain feelings for him. I spent a week with him. In the middle of summer, in late June. It's only been a week. And of course I couldn't miss a visit to the perfumery, which fortunately has reopened in the meantime, while he was at work and I had some free time. I would have been interested to see how Hypnotic Poison EdP smells compared to the really great EdT. But unfortunately they did not have the EdP. Also Mmmh... of Juliette has a gun was tested by me. For me a Tacken too sweet, especially now in summer. Then my eyes fell on a nicely packed set: Light Blue EdT and Light Blue Eau Intense in miniature form. So I quickly tested the Light Blue EdT and found it to be good. This appley-lemon freshness with a light floral accent. Wonderful. Of course I took the set with me. My friend also liked the Light Blue, when I later proudly showed it to him. He got a "Nice!". And he's not particularly interested in perfume.

Now I have tested both fragrances for a while and yes, I also like the Light Blue Intense better. Not only is it stronger and lasts much longer, I also find the composition more balanced and rounder. After the fruity and fresh start, the EdT has a very slight hint of toilet cleanser with jasmine and musk. It still smells very pleasant, but this slightly acidic, this association with toilet cleaner bothers me a little. Fortunately, this disturbing factor is not present at all with Eau Intense. Here the Granny Smith apple predominates. I have to think of an apple slice sprinkled with lemon. The lemon juice protects the apple from oxidizing and tarnishing. In the further course of the day the scent gets a little bit sweeter, which I think comes from the jasmine and the marigold. Unlike Armani's Acqua di Gioia, the jasmine here is fortunately not sultry and therefore does not disturb. No, it fits nicely into the overall picture. The base is enchanted by light wood and clean musk, which gives a freshly showered feeling. Somehow this fragrance makes me think of a good fish restaurant. There are fresh oysters with lemon slices. Wonderful. It's probably because the week I bought the Light Blue set I was eating oysters :)))))) The Sillage is moderate to pronounced and the durability is about 5 hours on my skin.

So what does this scent mean to me? For me it means summer in the first place. This summer. Of course, when I wear it I think of my darling and our precious time together. The series "The Man in the High Castle" and "Terrace House" that we watched together. The long talks we had. Cooking and eating together. Our trip to the lake. Our first kiss. The night he held me almost until morning. Maybe there's more to us In any case, Light Blue Eau Intense makes me happy and I will always think of this time when I wear it.
Salva
Woman scent? Pfff... I don't care!
Hello dear friends,

the warmer weather conditions lately have made me finally look for a "real" summer scent Because until the end I didn't really own one that you can wear without any problems - especially with the current temperatures. It was also important to me not to add a common dull summer scent to my collection.

To be honest, I am actually not the biggest fan of citrus-fresh fragrances. On the one hand they don't last long - at least on my skin - and on the other hand they are often just too boring for me personally. But I got to know the D&G Light Blue Eau Intense through one of my favourite perfume reviewers (Mehdiscent), because he recommends it regularly and praises it in big words...

So, the first thing I did was look at the pyramid of scent here... "Granny Smith apple"?! Aren't those the green apples I eat regularly? Ok, I've never read like this about a fragrance before", I thought about the top note "Tagetes?! I rubbed my eyes in wonder and had to google the term. "Aha, a plant species also known as 'marigold'", I read enthusiastically on Wikipedia...
(So I studied myself, but I never received a 'student flower' until I graduated xD).

Well, these two notes actually left me with a somewhat sceptical impression at first. But the common opinion that this one is considered unisex here in the community as well as the recommendation of the Youtuber mentioned before made me order it blindly in the end.
[...]

Dear ones, you all know this feeling when you order fragrances blindly and hold it in your hand just before unpacking... I feel like a small child in my mid-30s, unpacking his Christmas or birthday present every time... If someone had predicted this to me 2-3 years ago (at that time I had as much to do with fragrances as the top models of Heidi Klum had to do with plastering doner, burgers, pizza&Co.) I would have shown them a bird and thought they were crazy... "What? Not me!" [...]
It's amazing what scents can do to grown, mature people.

Well, so the package arrived this afternoon, I opened it and looked at the bottle. "Hmm, it looks feminine", was my first impression of the bottle itself (but it's also self-explanatory, it's at least marketed as a women's fragrance). But the overall impression was positive, because I liked the bottle itself.

First, as usual, I sprayed my wrists... "Mmh, very fresh opening, I really like it very much", was my first impression of the top note. You can clearly smell the Granny Smith; mMn more than the lemon. But I find this combination to be quite unique in some way. But after only a few minutes this previously unknown note of the Tagetes is added. This plant makes sure that the smell is fresh and flowery. Jasmine, which according to my research is the most used floral scent besides rose, does the rest and also provides a light-sweet and flowery character. But mMn the Granny Smith still plays a big role and is still well perceived. Animal musk on the one hand (since I discovered Narciso Rodriguez For Him EdP, I love this note anyway!) and dry amber wood on the other hand round off the very interesting development of the individual notes nicely. These two notes also give the fragrance an additional fine-woody touch, as I think, and ensure a very dynamic development of the fragrance pyramid.
[...].

I applied it today after receipt - around 13 o'clock - in the neck and neck area as usual and on my skin it lasted a good 5h. The sillage was well noticeable in the first 2 hours, after that you could smell it directly on your skin for a few hours.

Conclusion:
I usually comment on fragrances only after I have worn them for a longer period of time, usually after a few weeks. But with this one I wanted to proceed differently and I give my mustard already on the first day. Because I will definitely keep it for the following reasons:
1. Uniqueness: I don't think it smells like a 08/15 citric summer scent, but has mMn a clear recognition value; a scent with a mind of its own, if you like. One that steps out of line and swims against the current. But still does his own thing and what he does has hand and foot 2. Cross-seasonal: Personally, I think you can wear it most of the year. Except in winter I would definitely wear it in spring and even on slightly warmer autumn days. In my opinion, the Granny Smith makes it much more wearable all year round than one might think in advance.
3. The price: I was able to purchase the large 100ml bottle from a well-known online shop for 50€. The PLV is - for me personally - given and simply very good.

So dear men, if you haven't already done so, please try this one. It is indeed marketed as a women's fragrance, but I personally don't care anyway, because I wear what I feel like wearing! And believe me, not only you yourselves will like him a lot, your better half will like him too. I'm pretty sure they will, without having asked for a single other opinion [...]

And as always, I thank each and every one of you for reading!

LG
Light Blue Eau Intense
It's a warm day. I get up in the morning and let the sun shine in my face. I spray myself with a light, fruity, citric scent that reminds me of sparkling cocktails and summer days. When a lukewarm wind blows through my hair, I smell a pleasant, feminine scent that accompanies me through the day
That's nice
After a friend of mine bought it without testing it first, only to find that it smells like "a mixture of wood and hairspray", I told her to give it to me before she threw it away. Gotta say, I'm really surprised. Could almost be unisex and hey, it's free!
Felix22x
My best friend, a masterpiece with sufficient durability
The bottle is quite simple, but still solid.

Fragrance
First of all: I love to smell this scent on a woman in summer. It is definitely fresh, and therefore suitable for the summer, but at the same time quite sweet and feminine, embedded in a fine note of white musk, which gives it some depth. A pleasant depth. My best friend wears it very often in summer and I am always so much more happy to see her. Just gorgeous.
To go into the individual scent notes in more detail. In the opening I immediately encounter something fresh that is owed to the lemon, in addition there is a sweetness that I perceive as a synthetic apple.
The depth consists of a delicate slightly floral note, I catch some jasmine before the whole composition is rounded off by white musk. If you know how white musk smells, you'll definitely spot it in the drydown. But the use of the musk is really successful and completes the whole perfectly.

Shelf life
The durability is the only drawback, because it leaves a lot to be desired for a DG. Whereby one has to be fair to say that it is at least somewhat better than in the original version.

The Sillage is not really strong, but definitely present. Would say one - two arm lengths, very pleasant for the fragrance
What is it now?
I emptied the first sample in no time and found it to be the super light summer scent. I like citric and woody scents very much and I also liked Granny Smith very much at first. So I put him on my wish list and got him another bottle.
Then I wanted to delete him from my wish list because the synthetic apple note got on my nerves. Only I get compliments every time I try him out. Now I will empty the bottling well and put him on the wish list for next summer. Maybe I want him then, don't I? Maybe I'll come across a more natural smelling alternative. I'm grateful for any suggestions.

GreMuserGreMuser 93 days ago
Easily one of the best summer fragrances, a must have. Full stop.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 14 months ago
It seems like smelling the sky! A perfectly balanced accord for a soft cloud involving you for many hours but with discretion.Recommended

by Profumosam
Danke euch für die schönen Rückmeldungen!!
by Flanker
by Honey
by Jesspi
by Jesspi

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana D&G Feminine by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana