Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense 2017

Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana
Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2017. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with The One for Men (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orangeMandarin orange GrapefruitGrapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesJuniperJuniper Marine notesMarine notes
Base Notes Base NotesAmberwoodAmberwood MuskMusk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 27.05.2022.

The faces of the advertising campaign are models Bianca Balti and David Gandy, photographed by Mario Testino.

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 2 years ago
Yes the perfume is great. Great sillage, great longevity and a very pleasing scent profile. The only thing that bothers me a bit is the somewhat annoying...
Hazeberg777Hazeberg777 1 year ago
Terrible. The perfume smells like raw eggs leftovers in the kitchen and wet dogs or cats. My expectations were really high based on reviews here and Fragrantica...

The Best Salty Scent after Invictus Aqua 2016
This is definitely one of my favourite Salty, oceanic, aquatic and ozonic scents. Having Invictus Aqua 2016, and Millesime Imperial, both salty and my favourite scents, I also had to own this one. It doesn’t disappoint, smells like a rich guy after a day going around on his yacht.
Blue, the same from start to finish, it’s not very “interesting” but yes an everyday summer fragrance, which will be better than 80% of other options.

Pouyathelad
Light Blue Intense; A touch of sunlight and a whiff of the blue waves!

I could close my eyes and imagine myself on a small boat in the open sea, in the middle of a hot sunny afternoon wearing a light-coloured Hawaiian shirt and brown boat shoes, walking on the wooden deck. All ears, the sound of the waves, and the squeaky deck; creak, creak, creak...

In terms of the scent, a long-lasting aquatic/marine fragrance with a punch of grapefruit and mandarin orange in the opening is how I would describe this one. Light Blue Intense is a refreshing sip of fresh citrus juice in the heat of the boiling summer sunlight.

This D&G fragrance, just like many other fresh fragrances, won’t offer you a very decent projection. However, to my nose it seems more than enough and this sort of sillage is somewhat a part of its character. I wouldn’t say it’s bold at all and in my opinion it represents a quiet yet charismatic young gentleman with a calm personality.
I have no photo for you
What can I say about you?

I bought you blindly because reviews praised you to the skies, whether here or various Youtuber.
Then I found you on sale and thought to myself: "What the heck, I'll try it again with nem Aquaten".
Even if that worked with me and the Aquaten so far not even on a friendly basis.

I spray you on and after a momentary refreshment immediately find myself in a world of for me unpleasant impressions.
A variant of salty brackish water with something unattractive artificial, mineral and chemical paired, so that these smells bring associations with a toilet facility or with sewage for me.(more unpleasant was so far only Megamare for me).
The freshness or even a holiday feeling, which is touted by very many, develops in my nose at any time, it remains for me at musty and stale.
There is also no improvement when I try it a second or third time with you.

To your credit, you have a lot of staying power for the price range. For fans of aquatic fragrances, which probably appreciate the mineral so unpleasant for me, you are probably a highlight for the designer class.
I can not and will not rip you in the rating, because tastes are different now times (said the frog and bit the soap).
You are well done, present from the beginning, long lasting and even live through a fragrance development. One can experience a nice scent journey with you as a fan and if one perceives aquatic qualities as positive or even as a holiday feeling, then I understand that 4 out of 5 people, are well-disposed towards you. Only I'm not a fan and for me the trip was then rather a horror trip.
The Flacon is just since the mid-90s the same in the series, relatively unimaginative and classes worse than the Flacons of The One series.

For me, you are the bad buy 2021. Let's see what you can still give me.
Philipp91
In hindsight worse than expected
Another summery, aquatic fragrance from Alberto Morillas (creator of the iconic Acqua di Gio, among others). I really liked the fruity fresh opening. I smell lemon and grapefruit rather than tangerine. As the fragrance progresses it gets a bit more aggressive, the association of detergent or ammonia are far fetched but not completely dismissed either. The maritime notes, which are so typical of Morillas, then save the fragrance somewhat. Juniper, amber or musk I can also not detect, if then only subliminally. The fragrance is not bad but not really good either. I am zwiegespalten....

Durability and sillage is each quite ok, for a fresh fragrance even longer than expected, a good 4-5 hours. Flacon is beautiful, design I like. Price / performance ok, quite normal for D&G typical. My tip: For the same money rather the newer "Light Blue pour Homme Forever" buy. The is by far better, fruity, fresher, less synthetic
Maxxeretro
Out of the suit and into the shorts
This fragrance is my absolute favorite in the summer.

I wear it when I am geschäfltich in Ibiza or Miami.
But he is not a suit wearer fragrance, you wear him best during the day in a nice beach bar to a summery outfit with a linen pants / shorts and a shirt.

He does not come across obtrusive, but rather subtly fresh with its citrus nuances and the maritime freshness.

Order yourself a nice cocktail in Miami and sit at the bar next to a beautiful blonde and this fragrance does 70% for you. You seem the same much more self-confident.
I have the fragrance already so many things to thank, which is why I would buy it again and again!

Sunny greetings from Miami

He's really all right
This fragrance is a true evergreen among the well known men's summer designers. It is probably familiar to a large number of people - and I don't just mean members of this community - even if they can't always directly associate it with a name and label. Maybe it's even one of those fragrances to which almost every man or woman would say: "I know that one, or at least I've smelled it before". The high degree of recognition, however, cannot be transferred one-to-one to the pleasantness. It may happen more often with this fragrance than with others that it is classified as too common, too inflationary, too shower gel-like and wrongly as too trivial. I would contradict then nevertheless quite gladly.
All these statements I can understand, because just a few weeks ago I felt similar. Meanwhile, however, I can say that D&G light blue eau intense pour homme (DGlbeiph) is rock solid and just right. I'm a bit reluctant to say "you can't go wrong with this" because I think it depends too much on the person wearing the fragrance. From that point of view, someone can certainly destroy a fragrance, e.g. by their behaviour, or create such negative associations that people will automatically give it a wide berth. DGlbeiph could well be such a person due to its popularity. In this respect, one can go wrong with this fragrance in particular. For example, if the achievement of compliments is high on the agenda or if extravagance is to be worn for show.
Much more, this fragrance is a kind of anti-hero, because it is certainly not niche. Neither is it extraordinary or flashy. Because of its exuberant maritime freshness, it is also almost impossible to overdose on. Its astringency doesn't flaunt anything, nor does it put anything particularly shiny in place. Its durability and sillage are really good and yet it remains as it is: undisguised, linear, uncompromising and honest.
Due to the wide range of wearers DGlbeiph does not represent a fragrance that makes you stand out from a crowd just because of the scent. But who wears it consciously and gladly, which takes possibly to him, because he just may not appear ambitious, overly noble or distinguished and in this respect does not try to exaggerate something. Certainly not. He symbolizes a fine and sympathetic sublimity, which, however, is not perceived as such.
For me, the choice of this fragrance is a conscious decision against others. Be it for pragmatic, functional or the reasons listed above. However, he always radiates a certain basic attitude, a basis and an understanding of a fragrance. Simple and easy but therefore not trivial or simple-minded.
Vacation from the bottle
Dear summer friends,

today is probably about the summer scent par excellence. Light Blue Intense appears in every YouTube video on the subject of fragrances and is prayed up and down. So it is not about an insider tip. But it is, to mention that in advance, about a solid aquatic.
I have my sample now several months and tested several times, but have promised the generous Parfumo to test the fragrance again at high temperatures and yes, that makes a very clear difference. At the point best thanks to Balticsea for the sample!
Light Blue Intense starts through the mandarin slightly fruity with a nice grapefruit, from which Bleu de Chanel could still cut something in terms of balance. Nothing stings here, even if Light Blue Intense is not a natural fragrance. Quickly following, without much scent progression, a successful juniper berry and maritime notes join in here. Here lies for me but the dog buried, because these are designed really easy to tolerate - too easy.
Who loves it strongly aquatic with neat salt, seaweed and all sorts of things, will probably only roll his eyes bored with Light Blue Intense. Who, however,
something easily tolerable without big frills looking for, which can look at the here times. And as "proven" is the fragrance yes all the time.
Again and again I read here in the entries that the fragrance has a strange musty smell or smells stale. I can only say that I had the same encounter with a bottle at the perfumery of my choice. Whether the fragrance tips particularly easily or there are off-batches, I can't say, but it's quite noticeable. With my sample was then in any case again everything in order.
The durability is solid for a summer fragrance, but does not blow me away. Benevolently, there is for 6-8 hours (depending on the weather and skin) a rating in line with the average. The sillage really disappointed me in the even colder spring days, but turns up properly on hot days. Good thing, this makes the scent a good choice in hot temperatures. Even then, however, it is never intrusive and forms a pleasant veil around the wearer.
The bottle is really chic, the light blue fragrance in the milky glass really reminds a lot of vacation. The sprayer is fine. Overall, a solid fragrance, but I stay with the hobbyhorse of Armani, because I find the again significantly better, since Light Blue Intense seems to me on balance but something too arbitrary.
I can nevertheless recommend Light Blue Intense to any fragrance lover who wants to fall back on a proven fragrance in high temperatures and to whom a solid performance at a fairly reasonable price is important.

Sunny greetings and thanks for reading!
Swagger91
A whole new fragrance experience
The good D&G Light Blue could almost be called a legendary summer fragrance. Spritzig, lemon and musk bring a good solid summer fragrance together which also brings in compliments.
For me, this one is the best of the bunch and the flakers don't quite come close to the original. Hold a good OG with which you can do nothing wrong and does its job.

For the bored who wear the fragrance for the X times in the summer, I can only give the tip this with the D&G The One EDP to layer! Quite great cinema if you are looking for something different;)
A scent like..
When I smell this fragrance, I think of a high summer day by the sea. It's a great scent that is made for the hot days of the year. It smells very aquatic - fresh and slightly citrusy in my opinion. The scent lasts with me so good 8 hours on the skin. The flacon is now also nothing ultra special but it has already been made beautiful and high quality.

In the end I would say that it is the perfect fragrance for the hot days of the year that also smells very good.
MonsieurMood
King of the higher temperatures
Of course I do not want to talk to you about the weather, but it is the reason that D&G`s Eau intense was not yet used this year. Too bad, especially since this fragrance is predestined for higher temperatures. Mandarin & grapefruit in the opening I can unfortunately only guess, which is a shame, because I only get a somewhat synthetic and citrusy note. Overall, however, a nice perfume, in which for my subjective perception unfortunately hides a component that somehow bothers me a little. What it is exactly I can not determine from the ingredients unfortunately. Halbarkeit & Sillage are good, it seems but with the fresher fragrances more difficult to be performant, H&S is a plus with Light Blue. Despite the small limitations THE summer scent par excellence, recommendation for sea breeze, T-shirt and shorts.

Nik604Nik604 4 months ago
Very fresh and long lasting , intense and charming, but a bit artificial and overpriced - sometimes it smells like electrolytes from battery
VinScentVinScent 4 months ago
Very airy and surprisingly long-lasting. Sea salt gives it an edge over your typical freshies. Tom Cruise in the movie Cocktail ^^
EdifierEdifier 5 months ago
Better drydown and overall scent than Light Blue Forever which has to be the most overrated release of 2021.
LukmoeLukmoe 9 months ago
Blue is the name, blue is what you get. Therefore, this fragrance is also ideal for the summer. The quality is also very good for the price.
Arman038Arman038 1 year ago
A true summer fragrance. It smells fresh, aquatic and citrussy. It performs decent aswell.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 1 year ago
Probably the best summer designer scent out there. Citrus mixed with lovely aquatic notes. Lasts and lasts...9-10. so good I have a 200 ml.
DemeteraDemetera 2 years ago
Its a really great intoxicating aquatic fragrance, for the summer with medium projection but good reactions. Sadly its a bit overhyped.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
Surprise! This intense version is almost intense! (for a citrus aquatic fragrance). Enjoyable fresh scent but a bit synthetic. Average!
ScentsByKKScentsByKK 4 years ago
Musky Oceanic...

Eine Erfrischung gefällig?
by Delijafrag33
Mit lieben Grüßen aus Thassos :)
by Micha1984
by Tracker
by Subflash
by Subflash

Popular by Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Forever by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Amber Sun by Dolce & Gabbana The One Mysterious Night by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Amber Skin by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana