Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense 2017

Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana
Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2017. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesJuniper, Marine notes
Base Notes Base NotesAmberwood, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 17.10.2020.

The faces of the advertising campaign are models Bianca Balti and David Gandy, photographed by Mario Testino.

Cat's Pipi
Hello dear community,

this is my first comment and this scent is in my opinion so bad that it prompts me to write this comment. Let's start:

For about half a year I have been active in the perfume scene and have felt every mainstream fragrance, skin and test strips tested.

I had bought this fragrance blindly because of a well-known YouTube. The summer came closer and closer and I thought to myself, come on, get yourself a great summer scent
Scent arrived, first sprayer. Dream. It smelled so good at the beginning, I thought it was great, the blind purchase went well. Then after 15 minutes, the drydown. The smell developed further and further towards the cat's pee. Also my environment did not react enthusiastically to the scent. I even got to hear that the smell smells like baby puke. And yes it did. Then at bedtime this smell. It was horrible. Just smelled like urine. Gave me a headache. The story ended with me showering at night and changing all my clothes, even the sheets.

I just don't understand the good ratings. Advise everyone to try the fragrance before they buy it.
HenrikBlau
Summer holiday by the sea - in bottles
First of all: This comment is part of my personal research project "(Summer) Immergeher 2020". For more information and links to other fragrance comments from me, please visit my profile or my blog (https://www.parfumo.de/Benutzer/HenrikBlau/Blog/Eintrag/projekt-sommer-dumb-grab-2020). And now to the matter.

Flacon
Rounded and made of satin glass. Looks great, feels great. The plastic cap looks a bit cheap to touch. The atomizer works rather economically, which makes it easier to dose the exact amount. The spray mist is not very even, which indicates a rather low quality of the atomizer. Not dramatic. But it's a bit of a pity that the spraying pleasure is reduced for a few cents per bottle.

Durability and Sillage
I dose Light Blue Eau Intense with 4-6 sprays a little more generously than other perfumes, because I wear it mainly outdoors. At sports, in the garden, on the beach, you name it. Would describe the Sillage as good but not outstanding. People who stand or walk in a normal distance on the street next to or behind me get a strong touch of summer-feeling. Durability is also ok to good. If I sweat a lot I will add some more after 4 hours. On other days the scent lasts twice as long, but the Sillage fades after 2-3 hours.

Fragrance or fragrance progression
After spraying it on, I get a concentrated load of aquatic-citric summer freshness with actually very well defined notes of tangerine and grapefruit. Yummie! Dry woods announce themselves in the background. Within 20-30 minutes the fragrance reaches its peak: The citrus notes are fading. Musk, wood and ethereal resinous notes emerge, which give a humid and tart freshness. And somehow (probably due to calone and other synthetics) the whole thing suddenly smells like summer in the Mediterranean. Yeah, what's going on now? I almost think I can taste the sea salt. And from the hills there's a scent of juniper and rosemary (which I have to admit It does not really smell like rosemary or juniper. But through the ethereal scents "it feels like" juniper or rosemary. Quasi an olfactory illusion. If that is understandable). After 1-2 hours we arrive at the heart note. From here on, it remains woody-harsh-freshly-cool with a subliminal sweetness, which my garden-affine partner identified as "calendula" without much thought.

Conclusion
Actually summer holidays to spray! Synthetics or not, I don't care. I love it! And again extra points, because my partner also likes this scent! I can only confirm his reputation as a pure summer and leisure scent. It unfolds best in warm weather and outdoors. For cool days and in the evening a bit too fresh, too casual in the office, probably too discreet to go out. All in all I am very pleased with this purchase!
Rorobin
Long name, but quick effect
The Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense. Even while pronouncing this name, many a head note seems to have evaporated. A long name for a perfume with a very fast effect.

The Light Blue Intense - shortened here for simplicity's sake - starts out really fresh and summery. The top note smells like a delicious cocktail on the beach, you want more of it.
In the heart note it then becomes a little more reserved. It's like jumping into the sea with your cocktail and then swimming for 5-6 hours. From time to time you perceive your cocktail through the salty and watery breeze.

A perfect summer perfume for anything over 25 degrees, better still over 30 degrees. This fragrance simply refreshes and fits perfectly to summer, sun, sunshine!

The shelf life is very good for an aquatic and fresh perfume, in my case easily over 8 hours. This is more than good for a fresh fish and puts some sweet and spicy scents in your pocket.

All in all, a summer scent par excellence, but which has problems to develop properly below 25 degrees. But he doesn't have to, as he is a specialist in his field.

Light and intense
Wow guys. Let me try to paint you a scenario right now:

Imagine that you must go out in the city to meet a long time not seen friend: the sun is burning, the asphalt is melting, you can barely breath. Such a mood, that you don`t want to wear any fragrance yet still don`t want to go out without a scent. You need something, that will cut through the heat you will face soon. Something that is refreshing and light.

This fragrance has one very specific sea water accord in the opening, which may cause controversial feelings for the untrained nooses. This accord is combined with the bitterness of grapefruit. That means the opening is strong but is not offensive and later this elementary opening beautifully calms down. The drydown is quite surprising, maybe this is the most beautiful pat of this fragrance: a synthetic musky accord with a juicy sweet orange note combination. That musky note puts a tiny hint of dirt on the orange - mandarin just enough to set the creation on the masculine side. Many people said it already, that is is quite impressive that after so many hours the orange mandarin note comes up on the top out of nowhere. It amazes me every single time I wear this fragrance.

The nose behind this creation is Alberto Morillas.. The best time to use it when the temperature is above 35 degrees. It gets lot of compliments, it is very easy to wear. I cannot describe it better, this one is a must try for everybody.

Micha1984
The sea, a shipwreck, and me...
Zakynthos, an island as beautiful as it can be. A dream of white limestone and turquoise-blue water. Long sandy beaches and rugged rocky coasts, in which small bays are embedded. And there is a very special place, which is the figurehead of the island. It is called the smugglers' bay or Navagio Beach. A dream of 200-metre-high limestone cliffs that stretch out like a fjord towards the sea and act as a gateway to the endless blue of the vast ocean. Between the impressive cliffs, a small snow white beach surrounded by light blue water. In the middle of this beach is an old shipwreck. Brown rusty and only half of it still exists, it had to brave the tides and many a storm. Gone are the adventurous days at sea and so, it has become a symbol of transience. On this beach I am lying on my mind while the scent of Light Blue Intense envelops me. This scent transports me again directly to this place which I last visited in 2017 and will visit again this year. Light Blue Intense simply smells of sea, summer and freedom. Fresh citrus fruits wrapped in a slightly salty sea breeze give me a feeling of light-heartedness and peace. Musk and amberwood make it masculine and strong. This great combination makes it a true holiday summer scent for me, with a good shelf life of well over 8h+. The bottle and box remind me of the wonderful blue of the sea. If you don't have this ingenious fragrance yet and are not generally averse to aquatics, you should definitely try it. This is simply a top perfume and there is nothing more to say about it...write.
The smell of the sailor
This perfume was my first and only blindbuy so far and has become my summer signature fragrance. I just love this fragrance and it fits me like a glove, which is very important for this fragrance (generally for many perfume.ms). If you are the type for it, also from the skin chemistry there is hardly a better one for me He reminds me very much of boat trips, sea/lake and "sailors" :D
This is partly because of the fragrances contained in the perfume and partly because my grandfather was a sailor and he, which I only recently learned from my brother, wore D&G Light Blue or my grandmother wore light blue femme. So I associate a lot of positive memories with this perfume.

To the smell:

It opens strongly lemony, grapefruit then quickly moves on to the aquatic, maritime notes + the juniper and after about 4-5 hours it leaves such a horny musk/amber base that it is impossible to put it into words for me.

Shelf life + silage :

For a fresh summer scent bombastic! Sillage strong, even the described base note still projects properly. Example: I walked down the hallway at work and to the coffee machine, after I had the scent on for 6 hours... 2 minutes later another employee came from his department at the back of the corridor and said directly "oh somebody has a mega cool perfume here"! ...so much for the H+S

I love you D&G Light Blue eau intense.
Lennsen20
So brilliant, so simple, so classic!
In the opening fresh, pleasantly citric without toilet stone vibes and cool with a slightly pleasant metallic note gives way after a short time to an aquatic salty character. I'm not a fragrance expert but to the salty smell something dull is added: Maybe musk?
But incredibly pleasant and simply fresh. This treasure develops best in summer at high temperatures and forms a synergetic salty scent with its own fresh sweat. I once applied it in cool spring weather: Only musty.
The bottle in frosted glass subconsciously protects freshness and coolness.
MarioG
The best (!) summer scent!
This fragrance is simply a brilliant, light and fresh summer scent. Not too intrusive and heavy, but all the fresher and more elegant. It provides, I think, for a clean, cultivated appearance.

Scent:
Very clear freshness and in comparison to other fragrances in the summer fragrance range clearly better. When I compare the fragrance with Artisan Pure, this fragrance clearly outshines Artisan Pure. Light Blue Intense is better in many areas (for me!): Initially a clear scent (Artisan Pure only smells like alcohol at first), Light Blue Intense is male (Artisan Pure is clearly unisex for me). The durability is also much better. More about this later
Shelf life and silage:
The fragrance lasts long, but not too extreme. Silage keeps well at the beginning and then penetrates a little bit back, not too bad. The scent should also, in my opinion, not be too extreme. Compared to Artisan Pure, the durability and silage is so much better with less spraying!

Flacon:
Class compact and chic bottle, gives nothing to complain about. Sprayer also top!

Conclusion:
For me, the best summer scent. Both scent, certain masculinity and durability can convince. Whether you need it or not is one thing, Versace Dylan Blue also delivers good results here, but is also more versatile. With Light Blue Intense you simply appear as if you were freshly showered on warm days. Top!

My summer scent
In search of a light and fresh fragrance for the summer, I decided, also through various reviews, for Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue Intense.

This perfume starts off citric and fruity before it subtly changes to juniper.
I perceive the smell as fresh, aromatic and masculine.

A beautiful everyday perfume for hot summer days

FragEN
Ocean breeze underneath a coconut tree
I remember I was with my colleagues waiting for shuttle service when a sudden rush of air hit us. After that, everyone is sniffing around looking for that refreshing scent that reminisce the breeze of the ocean. The grapefruit and marine notes mixing together giving it a perfect tropical refreshing smell. Works perfect in high summer heat, you can NEVER go wrong with this fragrance. I don't know why people compare this to Versace Man eau fraiche, for me it's more of a Bvlgari Aqua Marine. My go to high summer heat fragrance, perfect for the younger guys.

TaberneroTabernero 6 months ago
A perfect summer perfume. It has a stronger aroma than one can expect, which makes it have much more personality and masculinity.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Surprise! Surprise! This intense version is intense! (for a citrus aquatic fragrance). Enjoyable fresh scent but a bit synthetic.
ScentsByKKScentsByKK 2 years ago

by eBOSS
by Parfumax
by Parfumax

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana D&G Feminine by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana