Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense 2017

Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana
Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2017. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with The One for Men (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orangeMandarin orange
GrapefruitGrapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesJuniperJuniper
Marine notesMarine notes
Base Notes Base NotesAmberwoodAmberwood
MuskMusk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.10.2021.

The faces of the advertising campaign are models Bianca Balti and David Gandy, photographed by Mario Testino.

Philipp91
In hindsight worse than expected
Another summery, aquatic fragrance from Alberto Morillas (creator of the iconic Acqua di Gio, among others). I really liked the fruity fresh opening. I smell lemon and grapefruit rather than tangerine. As the fragrance progresses it gets a bit more aggressive, the association of detergent or ammonia are far fetched but not completely dismissed either. The maritime notes, which are so typical of Morillas, then save the fragrance somewhat. Juniper, amber or musk I can also not detect, if then only subliminally. The fragrance is not bad but not really good either. I am zwiegespalten....

Durability and sillage is each quite ok, for a fresh fragrance even longer than expected, a good 4-5 hours. Flacon is beautiful, design I like. Price / performance ok, quite normal for D&G typical. My tip: For the same money rather the newer "Light Blue pour Homme Forever" buy. The is by far better, fruity, fresher, less synthetic
Maxxeretro
Out of the suit and into the shorts
This fragrance is my absolute favorite in the summer.

I wear it when I am geschäfltich in Ibiza or Miami.
But he is not a suit wearer fragrance, you wear him best during the day in a nice beach bar to a summery outfit with a linen pants / shorts and a shirt.

He does not come across obtrusive, but rather subtly fresh with its citrus nuances and the maritime freshness.

Order yourself a nice cocktail in Miami and sit at the bar next to a beautiful blonde and this fragrance does 70% for you. You seem the same much more self-confident.
I have the fragrance already so many things to thank, which is why I would buy it again and again!

Sunny greetings from Miami

He's really all right
This fragrance is a true evergreen among the well known men's summer designers. It is probably familiar to a large number of people - and I don't just mean members of this community - even if they can't always directly associate it with a name and label. Maybe it's even one of those fragrances to which almost every man or woman would say: "I know that one, or at least I've smelled it before". The high degree of recognition, however, cannot be transferred one-to-one to the pleasantness. It may happen more often with this fragrance than with others that it is classified as too common, too inflationary, too shower gel-like and wrongly as too trivial. I would contradict then nevertheless quite gladly.
All these statements I can understand, because just a few weeks ago I felt similar. Meanwhile, however, I can say that D&G light blue eau intense pour homme (DGlbeiph) is rock solid and just right. I'm a bit reluctant to say "you can't go wrong with this" because I think it depends too much on the person wearing the fragrance. From that point of view, someone can certainly destroy a fragrance, e.g. by their behaviour, or create such negative associations that people will automatically give it a wide berth. DGlbeiph could well be such a person due to its popularity. In this respect, one can go wrong with this fragrance in particular. For example, if the achievement of compliments is high on the agenda or if extravagance is to be worn for show.
Much more, this fragrance is a kind of anti-hero, because it is certainly not niche. Neither is it extraordinary or flashy. Because of its exuberant maritime freshness, it is also almost impossible to overdose on. Its astringency doesn't flaunt anything, nor does it put anything particularly shiny in place. Its durability and sillage are really good and yet it remains as it is: undisguised, linear, uncompromising and honest.
Due to the wide range of wearers DGlbeiph does not represent a fragrance that makes you stand out from a crowd just because of the scent. But who wears it consciously and gladly, which takes possibly to him, because he just may not appear ambitious, overly noble or distinguished and in this respect does not try to exaggerate something. Certainly not. He symbolizes a fine and sympathetic sublimity, which, however, is not perceived as such.
For me, the choice of this fragrance is a conscious decision against others. Be it for pragmatic, functional or the reasons listed above. However, he always radiates a certain basic attitude, a basis and an understanding of a fragrance. Simple and easy but therefore not trivial or simple-minded.
Warilol
Summer 2012: my first and last pool party....
2012 was actually a pretty cool summer if I remember back, there were only a few days where the temperatures approached the 30 degree mark. Still, I had an incredible desire to throw a proper pool party for once. I have to admit, this idea was in a strange way inspired by this ominous movie called "Project X", which was in the cinemas at that time and apparently encouraged quite a few teenagers to have wild parties. You probably remember: A few high school kids throw a pool party, parents are on vacation, everything escalates and in the end thousands of party guests are on site and ruin half of the settlement.

After watching that film several times, I naturally asked myself how far I could actually do something like that myself, after all, my parents' long-awaited vacation was coming up soon. Storm-free, a whole house including pool for me alone, that had to be perfect, what my buddies of course all saw like that. No sooner said than done, the party was organized in detail, the living room was restructured as a dance floor and the fog machine from Dad's basement should provide for heated dances, so the plan.

Of course, as host and lifeguard, I not only had to look good (at least I tried to), but I also had to get myself a hip and nice summer scent. So I went to town and bought me in addition to a great outfit of course equal to this Light Blue, at that time of course not yet the Intense version. The fresh-citrusy and slightly mineral touch I liked extremely well back then, which also lives on in the newer Intense version. Durability, performance, can you eat it? As if I was worried about such factors back then, my biggest problem was rather making sure there was a surplus of women at the party. Just spray on, enjoy fragrance and have fun!

I could now further describe the scent progression and go into the individual notes, but that has been done umpteen times anyway. I prefer to devote myself to my pool party again, after all, according to the title, it should have been my last.

The day of the party came, it was of course ass cold and the almost 60 guests trickled in one by one at my house. After a short announcement of the house rules, which said that NOBODY was allowed to enter the chambers of my parents on the upper floor, my guys turned on the music and it could start. We were really happy, everything seemed to go according to plan and the party was a great success
But the more alcohol flowed, the more confusing and unrelaxed the situation became for me. So stressful I had not imagined the job as a pool and caretaker then but. At every corner something was broken, people jumped naked from the balcony into the pool, while the dear neighbors had to watch in the garden, because they could not sleep anyway because of the loud music. Lockable rooms were, although I wanted to forbid it explicitly, of course abused in an extensive way for love games, including, unfortunately, the bedroom of my parents!

One day baby we'll be old, oh baby we'll be old, think of all the stories that we could have told....

Do you remember this song? It played I think 50 times that night as the crowd celebrated and danced to it. Almost 10 years later, I'm not really old, but I still think of that night with a smile on my face, those lines from those song lyrics couldn't be more apt. Stories that will probably tell our lives. Even though the evening was pure stress for me and I would definitely NEVER EVER throw a pool party on that scale again, at no point do you regret having experienced that nonsense with your friends.

But what exactly does this have to do with perfume now? In my eyes quite a lot, because I associate the fragrance exactly with this experience. Whenever I wear it, it takes me back to that beautiful time! For me, Light Blue with its mineral note, even if only in the recently released Intense version, is still one of the best aquatics.

PS: Greetings go out to my parents, who now at the latest know more precisely what happened in their house at that time so.
Vacation from the bottle
Dear summer friends,

today is probably about the summer scent par excellence. Light Blue Intense appears in every YouTube video on the subject of fragrances and is prayed up and down. So it is not about an insider tip. But it is, to mention that in advance, about a solid aquatic.
I have my sample now several months and tested several times, but have promised the generous Parfumo to test the fragrance again at high temperatures and yes, that makes a very clear difference. At the point best thanks to Balticsea for the sample!
Light Blue Intense starts through the mandarin slightly fruity with a nice grapefruit, from which Bleu de Chanel could still cut something in terms of balance. Nothing stings here, even if Light Blue Intense is not a natural fragrance. Quickly following, without much scent progression, a successful juniper berry and maritime notes join in here. Here lies for me but the dog buried, because these are designed really easy to tolerate - too easy.
Who loves it strongly aquatic with neat salt, seaweed and all sorts of things, will probably only roll his eyes bored with Light Blue Intense. Who, however,
something easily tolerable without big frills looking for, which can look at the here times. And as "proven" is the fragrance yes all the time.
Again and again I read here in the entries that the fragrance has a strange musty smell or smells stale. I can only say that I had the same encounter with a bottle at the perfumery of my choice. Whether the fragrance tips particularly easily or there are off-batches, I can't say, but it's quite noticeable. With my sample was then in any case again everything in order.
The durability is solid for a summer fragrance, but does not blow me away. Benevolently, there is for 6-8 hours (depending on the weather and skin) a rating in line with the average. The sillage really disappointed me in the even colder spring days, but turns up properly on hot days. Good thing, this makes the scent a good choice in hot temperatures. Even then, however, it is never intrusive and forms a pleasant veil around the wearer.
The bottle is really chic, the light blue fragrance in the milky glass really reminds a lot of vacation. The sprayer is fine. Overall, a solid fragrance, but I stay with the hobbyhorse of Armani, because I find the again significantly better, since Light Blue Intense seems to me on balance but something too arbitrary.
I can nevertheless recommend Light Blue Intense to any fragrance lover who wants to fall back on a proven fragrance in high temperatures and to whom a solid performance at a fairly reasonable price is important.

Sunny greetings and thanks for reading!
Swagger91
A whole new fragrance experience
The good D&G Light Blue could almost be called a legendary summer fragrance. Spritzig, lemon and musk bring a good solid summer fragrance together which also brings in compliments.
For me, this one is the best of the bunch and the flakers don't quite come close to the original. Hold a good OG with which you can do nothing wrong and does its job.

For the bored who wear the fragrance for the X times in the summer, I can only give the tip this with the D&G The One EDP to layer! Quite great cinema if you are looking for something different;)
A scent like..
When I smell this fragrance, I think of a high summer day by the sea. It's a great scent that is made for the hot days of the year. It smells very aquatic - fresh and slightly citrusy in my opinion. The scent lasts with me so good 8 hours on the skin. The flacon is now also nothing ultra special but it has already been made beautiful and high quality.

In the end I would say that it is the perfect fragrance for the hot days of the year that also smells very good.
MonsieurMood
King of the higher temperatures
Of course I do not want to talk to you about the weather, but it is the reason that D&G`s Eau intense was not yet used this year. Too bad, especially since this fragrance is predestined for higher temperatures. Mandarin & grapefruit in the opening I can unfortunately only guess, which is a shame, because I only get a somewhat synthetic and citrusy note. Overall, however, a nice perfume, in which for my subjective perception unfortunately hides a component that somehow bothers me a little. What it is exactly I can not determine from the ingredients unfortunately. Halbarkeit & Sillage are good, it seems but with the fresher fragrances more difficult to be performant, H&S is a plus with Light Blue. Despite the small limitations THE summer scent par excellence, recommendation for sea breeze, T-shirt and shorts.
Leprince069
My favorite designer summer fragrance
Great fresh note with light sea breeze and sparkling "Blue". One of the few aquatic fresh scents that really last long enough and therefore also my first choice for warm temperatures. It's definitely crowd-pleasing and sufficiently sexy. There's not really that much more to say about it, as it just delivers quite well. It is just somehow THE summer scent. For more demanding temperatures, I would reach for something stronger. Of course, you can not expect a miracle weapon, but what fragrances are there in the price range, which are suitable for this purpose?

Hazeberg777
Worst perfume I have ever try
Terrible. The perfume smells like raw eggs leftovers in the kitchen and wet dogs or cats.

My expectations were really high based on reviews here and Fragrantica but I was surprised how bad this smells. May be my skin chemistry.

Based on the listed notes I am trying to figure out what gives this awful smell and I am giving the credits to ''Marine notes''.

Sillage and longevity are really good, but the most important is the scent. And no. My perfumes in my wardrobe are complaining already to dispose this perfume immediately. I have never disposed a perfume but this time I want nothing to remind me this one. 50 euro waste. And for this reason because summer is approaching I will immediately order creed Erolfa, that it was my alternative choice and I have tried it before.

LukmoeLukmoe 2 months ago
Blue is the name, blue is what you get. Therefore, this fragrance is also ideal for the summer. The quality is also very good for the price.
Arman038Arman038 8 months ago
A true summer fragrance. It smells fresh, aquatic and citrussy. It performs decent aswell.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 9 months ago
Probably the best summer designer scent out there. Citrus mixed with lovely aquatic notes. Lasts and lasts...9-10. so good I have a 200 ml.
DemeteraDemetera 12 months ago
Its a really great intoxicating aquatic fragrance, for the summer with medium projection but good reactions. Sadly its a bit overhyped.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Surprise! This intense version is almost intense! (for a citrus aquatic fragrance). Enjoyable fresh scent but a bit synthetic. Average!
ScentsByKKScentsByKK 3 years ago
Musky Oceanic...

Eine Erfrischung gefällig?
by Delijafrag33
Mit lieben Grüßen aus Thassos :)
by JamesBlond
by Parfumax
by Subflash
by Subflash

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Forever by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Mysterious Night by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana