Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense (2017)

Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana

Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2017. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesJuniper, Marine notes
Base Notes Base NotesAmberwood, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 28.07.2020.

The faces of the advertising campaign are models Bianca Balti and David Gandy, photographed by Mario Testino.

Micha1984
The sea, a shipwreck, and me...
Zakynthos, an island as beautiful as it can be. A dream of white limestone and turquoise-blue water. Long sandy beaches and rugged rocky coasts, in which small bays are embedded. And there is a very special place, which is the figurehead of the island. It is called the smugglers' bay or Navagio Beach. A dream of 200-metre-high limestone cliffs that stretch out like a fjord towards the sea and act as a gateway to the endless blue of the vast ocean. Between the impressive cliffs, a small snow white beach surrounded by light blue water. In the middle of this beach is an old shipwreck. Brown rusty and only half of it still exists, it had to brave the tides and many a storm. Gone are the adventurous days at sea and so, it has become a symbol of transience. On this beach I am lying on my mind while the scent of Light Blue Intense envelops me. This scent transports me again directly to this place which I last visited in 2017 and will visit again this year. Light Blue Intense simply smells of sea, summer and freedom. Fresh citrus fruits wrapped in a slightly salty sea breeze give me a feeling of light-heartedness and peace. Musk and amberwood make it masculine and strong. This great combination makes it a true holiday summer scent for me, with a good shelf life of well over 8h+. The bottle and box remind me of the wonderful blue of the sea. If you don't have this ingenious fragrance yet and are not generally averse to aquatics, you should definitely try it. This is simply a top perfume and there is nothing more to say about it...write.
The smell of the sailor
This perfume was my first and only blindbuy so far and has become my summer signature fragrance. I just love this fragrance and it fits me like a glove, which is very important for this fragrance (generally for many perfume.ms). If you are the type for it, also from the skin chemistry there is hardly a better one for me He reminds me very much of boat trips, sea/lake and "sailors" :D
This is partly because of the fragrances contained in the perfume and partly because my grandfather was a sailor and he, which I only recently learned from my brother, wore D&G Light Blue or my grandmother wore light blue femme. So I associate a lot of positive memories with this perfume.

To the smell:

It opens strongly lemony, grapefruit then quickly moves on to the aquatic, maritime notes + the juniper and after about 4-5 hours it leaves such a horny musk/amber base that it is impossible to put it into words for me.

Shelf life + silage :

For a fresh summer scent bombastic! Sillage strong, even the described base note still projects properly. Example: I walked down the hallway at work and to the coffee machine, after I had the scent on for 6 hours... 2 minutes later another employee came from his department at the back of the corridor and said directly "oh somebody has a mega cool perfume here"! ...so much for the H+S

I love you D&G Light Blue eau intense.
Lennsen20
So brilliant, so simple, so classic!
In the opening fresh, pleasantly citric without toilet stone vibes and cool with a slightly pleasant metallic note gives way after a short time to an aquatic salty character. I'm not a fragrance expert but to the salty smell something dull is added: Maybe musk?
But incredibly pleasant and simply fresh. This treasure develops best in summer at high temperatures and forms a synergetic salty scent with its own fresh sweat. I once applied it in cool spring weather: Only musty.
The bottle in frosted glass subconsciously protects freshness and coolness.
MarioG
The best (!) summer scent!
This fragrance is simply a brilliant, light and fresh summer scent. Not too intrusive and heavy, but all the fresher and more elegant. It provides, I think, for a clean, cultivated appearance.

Scent:
Very clear freshness and in comparison to other fragrances in the summer fragrance range clearly better. When I compare the fragrance with Artisan Pure, this fragrance clearly outshines Artisan Pure. Light Blue Intense is better in many areas (for me!): Initially a clear scent (Artisan Pure only smells like alcohol at first), Light Blue Intense is male (Artisan Pure is clearly unisex for me). The durability is also much better. More about this later
Shelf life and silage:
The fragrance lasts long, but not too extreme. Silage keeps well at the beginning and then penetrates a little bit back, not too bad. The scent should also, in my opinion, not be too extreme. Compared to Artisan Pure, the durability and silage is so much better with less spraying!

Flacon:
Class compact and chic bottle, gives nothing to complain about. Sprayer also top!

Conclusion:
For me, the best summer scent. Both scent, certain masculinity and durability can convince. Whether you need it or not is one thing, Versace Dylan Blue also delivers good results here, but is also more versatile. With Light Blue Intense you simply appear as if you were freshly showered on warm days. Top!

My summer scent
In search of a light and fresh fragrance for the summer, I decided, also through various reviews, for Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue Intense.

This perfume starts off citric and fruity before it subtly changes to juniper.
I perceive the smell as fresh, aromatic and masculine.

A beautiful everyday perfume for hot summer days

FragEN
Ocean breeze underneath a coconut tree
I remember I was with my colleagues waiting for shuttle service when a sudden rush of air hit us. After that, everyone is sniffing around looking for that refreshing scent that reminisce the breeze of the ocean. The grapefruit and marine notes mixing together giving it a perfect tropical refreshing smell. Works perfect in high summer heat, you can NEVER go wrong with this fragrance. I don't know why people compare this to Versace Man eau fraiche, for me it's more of a Bvlgari Aqua Marine. My go to high summer heat fragrance, perfect for the younger guys.
Here is the name Program
Two years ago I was given this fragrance as a gift and was sceptical. Perfume as a gift can be difficult. The bottle went down well with me because it was so fresh and light. And I was not disappointed. Grapefruit and mandarin orange got off to a flying start. A real storm of freshness, citrus and fruity at the same time. And immediately the maritime note. For me a great station wagon. Aquatic plus a fresh note. Surprising also the good shelf life for such a newcomer. Juniper and musk remain discreet but apparently let the fragrance work for so long. With this scent I notice that there is no change in the fragrance profile over several hours. It remains as at the start but slowly becomes more discreet. Great for all friends of fresh, free, aquatic and light

Like a summer breeze
This is one of the purest aquatic fragrances for me till today. A bit salty as well, creamy, marine kind of a smell. Great for nights out or casual days when you rock some of your floral shirts with some easy-going sneakers. Also, a tropical vibe is added. I enjoy the fragrance from the opening till the end.
Great price for the fragrance, especially if you catch some discounts on it.
As for performance, is even more than I needed. I had a surprise to see that it lasts 8+ hours on me with good projection as well. I can smell myself even at the 8th hour mark which is pretty impressive for this kind of a fragrance if you ask me. You have to try this. If it fits your tastes, it might be your no.1 for the summer.
Overall rating : 8/10
Strangefrag
That's exactly what I want from a fragrance
Everything important has already been said here about the fragrance, I just want to pass on my experience here. It was also a blind purchase for me because of the current situation. What can I say...this is exactly what I wish for a fragrance. Not just a perfume that smells good, but that manages to put me directly into a scenario. By this I mean that when I apply this fragrance, I have the sea and the beach right in front of me. The salty note makes it very authentic for me. It's as if I'd stepped out of the water and now at the cocktail bar. Holiday feeling in the bottle. I also use it on rainy days to put myself in a different mood. :-) Great thing!
Blindbuy 2.0 - Caribbean Blue
"What does a perfumer do when he can't get into a perfumery anymore?"

Sounds like a joke. But it's deadly serious Honestly, what does a perfume do?

I was looking for one or two new fragrances for the summer and apart from Parfumo, other perfume sites on the net and of course YouTube, there wasn't really much opportunity to find out about potential summer scents that could make it into my collection.

Besides Prada L'Homme, which I had bought blindly on the net (hence Blindbuy 2.0 - Ahaaaaa!), the blue intensive one came into the shopping cart and was ordered without further ado.

Yesterday was the moment of truth and both fragrances were tested intensively and extensively. Once again a really fat sorry to my partner, who now has to support me with fragrance testing in addition to my home office duties. And with me, testing a fragrance has almost something manic about it. Meticulous notes are taken, analysed and compared.

So also with Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense - For simplicity's sake, I will limit myself to Light Blue Intense, everything else is madness.

When I held the bottle in my hand, I suddenly felt like summer. It was as if I had an ice-cold cocktail glass in my hand, fresh from the icy freezer. It felt really ice cold.
But what good is the glass if I don't like the cocktail?

So: Once applied a sprayer (yes, ok, there were four). And BOOOOOOOOM - it catapulted me straight back to our holiday that my girlfriend and I had taken in February. We were on the Isla Tinipan, which is located in the San Bernardo archipelago.
How? Don't you know?
Don't worry, I was the same way until we planned our holidays. (If you want to skip the excursion, please skip to "AUFTAKT").
Isla Tintipan is located, as already mentioned, in the archipelago of San Bernardo and this archipelago belongs geographically seen to the Caribbean and politically seen to Colombia. From the city of Cartagena it takes about two hours by boat to reach the island. After the rather uncomfortable boat trip there, you will find a Caribbean paradise. A luxury hotel, so exclusive, as I had seen only a few before, white and above all deserted dream beaches, crystal clear water in all nuances what the blue color gives. Far away from the crowds of mass tourism we enjoyed ourselves there for a few days.

But now to:

UPDATE
Right at the first sniff it catapulted me back to the above mentioned island. The scent is truly a blast - that's how I imagine it when my partner furiously blasts a frozen grapefruit twice around my ears (why should you store a grapefruit in the freezer?!).

The prelude is strongly citric, extremely pungent and really icy cold.
A real powerhouse.

As refreshing as an ice-cold, bitter citrus fruit cocktail I treat myself to on a hot day on a Caribbean holiday.
It'll run right into you and won't let go. And you know already - he stays all day long!
HEARTNOTE

Such a cocktail is not something you can drink within a few minutes, no, it is something you enjoy. Especially when it's hot like this.
Meanwhile lounge - "lounges", also such a misnomer - we in the shade. The Caribbean sea directly in front of us. It is still hot as hell But is it the cocktail or the light breeze blowing in from the sea that makes it a little cooler, a little more pleasant now.
In the heart note I feel very clearly the salty air that blows from the sea. Dust dry and yet refreshing.
But I also still feel the ice-cold citrus fruit cocktail, where the nice bartender with the juniper schnapps perhaps meant a little too well. Is that why she smiled at me like that?

In the heart note at the latest, the ambroxan notes now also catch my eye. They are strong. They're present. And they will never leave my side again.
But there are no vibes of a "wild water", I hear the people already ask. No, I'm sure not. But a quite light masculine shower gel freshness cannot be denied here either. Even if the citrus notes and the slightly salty sea breeze will dominate the whole course.

BASIS

The fragrance is and remains a powerhouse. Even after a good 6 hours I still smell the citric and icy freshness of the opening and the tangy sea note from the heart.
But what is this? There are actually woods in there! Br /> But not a whole forest. No, not even a tree More like driftwood. Beautiful. Gentle. Lovely A feast for the eyes like driftwood on a Caribbean beach, the sun slowly sinks into the sea and after a good 8 hours the day comes to an end.
The cocktail is empty, the skin warm from summer, the lips tightened and have become salty from the sea breeze.
And my girlfriend, who runs a few meters in front of me when I leave the beach, wears a wonderful musky perfume.

CONCLUSION

Wow!
I actually wanted to write "Blaues Auge" as the title, but that would have certainly put people off.

It is a perfect summer scent.
It smells of sea, beach and beach party.
The smell is loud, the scent is hard and it is really a powerhouse through and through.

However, because of the synthetic that can't be completely denied, it also comes across a bit "clumsy" and "rough" at times, maybe even has something boorish in very subtle features.

Nevertheless, I can clearly give a buy recommendation.
This blue cocktail will definitely be my blind buy summer companion.

TaberneroTabernero 107 days ago
A perfect summer perfume. It has a stronger aroma than one can expect, which makes it have much more personality and masculinity.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 24 months ago
Surprise! Surprise! This intense version is intense! (for a citrus aquatic fragrance). Enjoyable fresh scent but a bit synthetic.
ScentsByKKScentsByKK 2 years ago

by Raph
by Parfumax
by Parfumax

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana