Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense (2017)

Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana

Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2017. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Frozen grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesJuniper, Marine notes
Base Notes Base NotesAmberwood, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 13.12.2019.

The faces of the advertising campaign are models Bianca Balti and David Gandy, photographed by Mario Testino.

8.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
Summer, sea, chirping of locusts... oh simply have a nice time!
Hey hey guys, hello and have a nice evening. Today is another mainstream day. Yes, that must be also times, because I find that mainstream smells are not at all so bad. Of course, there are also those whose synthetics smell disgustingly disgusting and make a fragrance appear extremely cheap, but there are also just as many great mainstream fragrances. The only real disadvantage of these fragrances is that they all smell quite similar by now... of course, with so much choice these days it's no wonder. Well, now I've tried Light Blue from Dolce & Gabbana. And that's the Eau Intense Flanker of it. This was my first Light Blue from D&G for men, so I can't compare this fragrance with the other Light Blues for now, but one thing I can say in advance: The fragrance here is pretty good!

Everything looks so great at first glance. The blue color of the bottle reminds me inevitably of the sea and of a vacation, which unfortunately fell this year with me "into the water" and stands also next year due to not existing "escort possibilities" in form of a female society on the dump.
"Well, why don't you take your buddies to the sea?" You could say now. Yes, that could work, but the problem is that some of my buddies are quite idiots when it comes to the sea! :D
Because for inexplicable reasons some of them don't like the sea so much and prefer to go camping in the forest or travel to countries where there are many car tuning events... and everyone else has no time anyway or just go to the sea with their girlfriends.
Aaarrgh... how can you not like the water??? Well, first of all the summer is coming to an end... so I will complain and moan again next summer :DD

Anyway, this scent is quite successful here and could be one of those scents that you could remember for the next summer!

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with an excellent tangerine-grapefruit mix. Some may not find such a thing so special, but citrus fans might like this combination because it smells fresh and lively. Besides there is juniper, which comes across slightly woody-warm. The summery feeling is then completed by aquatic notes. The synthetics here are present, but not disturbing at all.
It stays that way for a long time. The mandarins seem to alternate in their intensity with the grapefruit (but also smell like lemons every now and then), the woody notes smell great and everything is generally reminiscent of holiday resorts, especially after the aquatic scents are becoming more and more marine, as soon a pinch of salt is added, reminiscent of the sea water or the salty air near the coast.
Later it still smells fresh and maritime, with some warm woody notes in the background, coming from the above mentioned juniper, mixed with slightly sweetish amber. Towards the end, the impression of synthetics becomes a bit stronger, but for me it still remains within a framework that is not disturbing. All in all a beautiful, fresh summer scent.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The fragrance is not particularly strong, but not as weak as most other citrus fragrances. I think that's good because you can smell the scent for a little while on yourself or on yourself if you're not too far away. The shelf life is okay for a summery fresh scent. It can be smelled for four to six hours until it gradually vaporises.

The bottle:
The bottle is roundish/oval and has a not entirely transparent, milky glass in a bluish colour, and due to the likewise bluish scent liquid everything appears again beautifully strong blue. The bottle arches upwards towards the outside. This is followed by a chrome-plated neck with a blue or turquoise lid. All in all a very nice bottle!

Oooh! The scent's really not bad. It's beautiful for even really beautiful. The summer feeling comes across well and you just feel transported back to summer, actually even more to a holiday resort with great beaches, bright blue sky and sea, lots of fun and such things. The junipers also give you the feeling of hiking in such places, for example exploring the hills and forests of the beaches or close to the beach for a change, while you perceive the scent of plants roasted in the sun and let the ears of crickets roar full. And when you come back to your seat exhausted, you take a little refreshment in the form of small snacks and possibly a tasty coconut drink and then run back into the cool, beautiful wet :)
*sigh* You'd have to be there now, wouldn't you?

So yes, this fragrance has become a summer fragrance that is suitable for all kinds of activities during the day and is worth a test in my opinion!

I am finished with that again and wish you all a nice evening :)
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

TruuMax
Love deeper than the ocean
I'm lying on a beach somewhere in the Indian Ocean. The sun is blinding and I pull my Panama hat deep into my face

I take a sip of my Mai Tai and notice how my beautiful girlfriend crawls my hand through the back of my head and puts a manderine in my hand.

A short time later I notice how her hand grabs mine and pulls me piece by piece into the water full of joy.

The warm turquoise blue water rises only slowly and she jumps into my arms. I am still slightly sleep-drunk from my nap and we almost fall into the water but I manage to catch them before we are completely immersed.

We laugh and I kiss her golden brown shoulder to the neck. Her skin is salty from the water and the closer I get to her ear, the stronger I smell the shampoo she used this morning.

Slowly some wind comes up and the slowly growing waves caress our bodies together with the wind while we kiss each other.

The sky gets darker and we decide to go out of the water. It's late anyway and dinner started a long time ago. The spray rinses some algae. The soft nutty smell accompanies us as we quickly roll up our towels and walk towards the hotel.

We wash up and storm towards the hotel restaurant. Since we are the last, we only get one place on the terrace, which is plagued by the ever stronger wind. I take a look at the beach, individual branches and pieces of wood are washed up. The smell of the damp wood and the warm climate rise into my nose.

Just as we were philosophising about God and the world, my girlfriend asked me what love was. I looked her deep into the eyes and thought for a few seconds when there was a loud thunderbolt and the thunderstorm kept coming towards us.

And as uncomfortable as the situation may be for some, this spectacle of nature fascinates me very much.

After we are the last ones in the restaurant and the waiters are already there for us longer than usual, we make our way to the room. The staff protects the building from the storm and I hear in the corridor to the room how heavy rain dump knocks against the roof.

I briefly stop my girlfriend at the door and say to her "Love is like the ocean. Deeper than we could ever imagine, more diverse than we will ever know and the origin of all life".
My girlfriend looks me passionately in the eyes before we enter the room and smiles mischievously at me. She opens the door, pulls me into the room and when the door slams shut...
I fall out of my hammock in the garden because my girlfriend has shaken me so hard that I get scared. She laughed and told me a storm was coming.

She still laughed because I fell off the mat, hugged me and said that I smelled great again.

At that moment I realized that everything was just a visual dream about Light Blue Intense.

Beautiful, summery maritime beginning, which turns woody-green for hours and ends in an absolute storm.
6.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

PhillipFrag
Mediterranean Sea in a bottle ?
It was with these considerations that I came to this fragrance. It has been very touted and should have a good shelf life and that though it is a fresh fragrance.
So I ordered it blind and then I tested it. The fragrance has a tropical citric start. Frozen grapefruit and mandarin ? Well, I still smelled perjury from freezing grapefruit, but somehow it gets there. It starts very cool on the skin and is very refreshing. I like that already. In the course it becomes a little heavier with a slight sweetness, with the aquatic notes remaining in the foreground. In itself everything is very successful, but the scent has always triggered a slight sting in my nose. Not bad at all, but when you focus on it, it's extremely noticeable. The durability and the silage are absolutely super for a fresh fragrance, 6-8 hours the fragrance is on my skin and the silage projects the first 3 hours very well. I have only received positive compliments, which speaks for the fragrance. However, I sold it again because of the piercing note, but this may also be due to my personal perception.
All i. All but really a fragrance to recommend, definitely worth a test. Can't do much wrong there. A great summer fragrance, but not particularly unique. But that doesn't always have to be the case. A grasp to the fragrance im
Summer without having to worry
5.0 8.0 8.0 6.5/10

ScentSlave
A great warm weather wear for SOME people
This one can handle hot weather, it projects a very very large bubble, and leaves a very loud, long lasting sillage trail. A fresh scent that really gushes with masculinity. It is indeed very intense, and the sillage trail will have many looking in your direction... on the borderline of being too much.

When I sprayed it at Macy’s I was wowed so I immediately purchased it, but the intensity on this one is a little more than I was expecting. Now it’s just my personal taste, but this one (and many D&G scents) is almost obnoxious in how it wears. Performance is excellent, don’t get me wrong, but the performer itself isn’t my cup of tea.
9.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Buenolfato
For the Japanese moments in life
Dolce & Gabbanas light blue pour homme had long since disappeared from my field of vision. Really lasting impressions, whether positive or negative, had not remained in my memory after wearing them several times.
I took this as a test to compare it with his newer Flanker "eau intense".

Close to the original I find only the first part of the name here at the branch.
Eau intense goes soon after the top note in a completely different direction than the original, into the Herb citric namely.
And anyone who feels very intensely reminded of Issey Miyakes l'eau d'issey is right. I can't tell the long middle part apart at all for both of them.

It may be that here the watery naming, similar to the Japanese, unconsciously conjures associations of sea breezes and maritime freshness into the head. However, I can't perceive the fruity-citric basic tone that dominates over long distances.

It becomes even more diversified when the fragrance makes the very perceptible turn into wood, becomes a little heavier and ends with the penetrating amber wood for a long time. Well done.
Sillage and shelf life (about six hours) are absolutely in keeping with this fragrance, which unfolds preferably in spring and summer, and there's also something for the eye with the appealing bottle.

In short: I would definitely prefer Eau intense to the scent technically not so close original. He is more perceptible, more persistent and has more character than the rather trivial and interchangeable cousin.
Only problem:
With the mentioned fragrance twin l'eau d'issey the alternative to the original light blue already exists. And with shiseido it also comes from the same house.
8.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Carlitos01
Take a walk in the light side
I'm not usually a fan of the dozens of weak aquatics out there, so I was not really expecting much from Light Blue Intense. I was aiming at buying a fresh perfume for the gym, and decided to blindly buy this one. Usually I like the non fresh D&G perfumes and became disappointed when I offered my wife the regular Light Blue for women. It was to much on the light side. For that reason I always passed the regular man version of Light Blue for Men and its flankers.
Surprise! surprise! This intense version is intense!... for a citrus aquatic fragrance of course. It does fill up completely my needs.
I liked it at first smell. The fresh salty bitter opening accord is strong and has enough bitterness to balance out its sweet coolness nature with the right amount of citrus and marine notes to cut through a hot day or a gym sweaty session. Projection and longevity are good by my standards for a fresh scent. I also like its approach to a fresh drydown but with a light ambery and musky accord. It gives me a vibe of a lighter version of ADG Profumo. The downside is the recognizable synthetic aura that this fragrance presents.
Longevity keeps going for more than five hours easily and sillage is a bit more than one arm lenght.

Now the scoring for Light Blue Intense?
- Scent opening............7.0 (enjoyable citrus/marine opening but a bit synthetic)
- Scent Dry Down.........8.0 (nice fresh but also ambery and musky drydown)
- Longevity....................8.0 (up to 6 hours on my skin, with 3 initial sprays, above average for a fresh scent)
- Sillage..........................7.0 (sillage peak up to 4 feet; projection for 2 hours)
- Versatility....................6.5 (Just for hot weather)
- Usability......................9.0 (very good for the beach, office, daily use, open air activities and in places where you may sweat like the gym or by the seaside)
- Compliments..............7.5 (it will get you just a few compliments because you smell fresh)
- Uniqueness.................8.0 (I never try the original but many reviers claim it to be similar. It is somewhat different - but not a lot - from almost all the fresh marine fragrances I know although it can be easily mistaken with Aqva Amara)
- Quality.........................8.0 (enjoyable notes but a bit synthetic. Kudos for the performance)
- Presentation...............8.5 (beautiful flask with frosted glass, nice lettering, simple but effective)
- Price.............................7.5 (€42,50 for 100 ml non tester)

Average:......................7.73/10.00
between 7 and 8 = above average;
between 8 and 9 = recommended;
bigger than 9 = don't miss it;

Opinion on "Light Blue Intense for Men":
Nice fresh marine fragrance with an inviting drydown, and a bit above average performance for a fresh scent. If it fits either your needs or your scent preferences go ahead and buy it if you think the price is Ok.
Blind buy worthy? No!

Music: Lou Reed's "Walk On The Wild Side".
5.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

Mediterranean Basin !
This Perfume comes with the scent of citrus trees that fill the countries of the Mediterranean basin ... Then comes the heart of fragrance, which is the smell of sea water in the middle of the summer ... The base of fragrance consists of magician amber
The perfume maker created a excellent mixture of aromatic substances to come out to us
The smell lasts for several hours ... Perfume is great compared to other summer perfumes ... Also suitable for evening periods with high temperature
Rating 7/10

Carlitos01 16 months ago
Surprise! Surprise! This intense version is intense! .... (for a citrus aquatic fragrance)
Very enjoyable fresh scent but a bit synthetic.+3

by Gury
by eBOSS
by eBOSS

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One by Dolce & Gabbana The One Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana (1992) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Desire by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana K (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana