Light Blue pour Homme 2007Eau de Toilette

Light Blue pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design Stefano Gabbana
Light Blue pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2007. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Sicilian mandarin orange, Grapefruit zest, Juniper
Heart Notes Heart NotesRosemary, Sichuan pepper, Rosewood
Base Notes Base NotesAmerican muskwood, Frankincense, Oakmoss

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.09.2020.

More expected from Dolce&Gabbana
I'll make it short, like I'm used to on the job.
The scent opens fresh, with a strong perception of grapefruit peel and juniper.
Then it goes over very quickly into the heart note, which is slightly peppery and spicy, but I like it. Also this one doesn't last long and already an oakmoss - wood note is knocking. The scent is inconspicuous - pleasant, but the durability is so bad that after 2.5 hours I can no longer perceive any of it on my skin. Even on tissue paper it does not look much better.
If the durability would be better, it could be a nice, light summer scent.

I think that's how he'll leave my collection.
MajorTom
The little brother of the big pour homme
What do you do in times of Corona, when all scent temples are closed but questions for a new commentary arise? First of all, switch the console in the bathroom from winter to summer due to the predicted development of outside temperatures. And then think about what's in the cupboard for which I haven't yet written a comment. When there are, for example: AdP Colonia Club, Acqua di Gio Essenza, Light Blue pour homme. And on the latter my decision has been made.

Sooner or later, most fashion labels come up with the idea of pulling money out of the pockets of their esteemed and usually solvent clientele by launching fragrances. As a rule, this is always successful if the fragrances are at least handcrafted well and in order not to completely embarrass themselves or, even worse, to alienate the esteemed and solvent clientele, many labels make use of renowned perfumers, as in this case. With Alberto Morillas, who recently made a name for himself through his commitment to Philipp Plein, one of the top perfumers has been won over.

Dolce & Gabbana, a great label of two Italians who, like so many of their compatriots, seem to have been born with style. So what could be more obvious than to scent and round off casual but always extravagant and at the same time elegant clothing
The One, especially in the perfume version is for me the perfect companion for a dinner date. Pour Homme in the original version of the 90s was in my opinion the seducer par excellence and fitted the brand like a glove. But Italian fashion and elegance is particularly effective in the summer months, so it was obvious to create a fragrance for the warmer season.

The result: Pour homme in the Light Blue edition.

How does light blue start? Fresh, fruity, citric. A prelude that literally brings summer home to me. From the beginning I also hear a spicy, slightly peppery note, which takes over more and more in the course of the first two hours, but which does not kill the sparkling start, but only refers it gently to the left and right to take its place in the centre. After another two hours a slightly woody note joins the previous performance before the complete ensemble disappears after about six hours. Unfortunately this is similar to many summer scents, it is in the nature of things that the heavy oriental scents stick and last better and longer due to their ingredients.

Let's get to the evaluation:
I still find the fragrance itself great even after many years. Sure, we're talking about the mainstream section, there's no Elysium of Roja in life. Nevertheless, for everyday life, but also for the after work lounge, from my point of view it is suitable without restrictions.
Sillage, yes well, you have to fog yourself in so that after two hours there is still some attention left.
Shelf life as described above between five and six hours. One may criticize this, but one should keep in mind that we are first of all in the middle class and secondly in a price environment where this is average.
The bottle is inspired by the "old" pour homme fragrance, quite okay, also here good average.

All in all, I think the fragrance is completely underrated here. Anyone who is looking for an affordable and wearable summer scent is recommended to test it.
And even though I have light blue in my collection, the original pour homme is still unmatched today!

such an evocative scent
I don't recall any fragrance as evocative as this one. Once I spray this one I'm taken to the beach, to the ocean and to me that's the biggest achievement of Light Blue.

The opening is very citrusy, you can feel the bergamot but to me it's the grapefruit zest that really does the magic and then it turns a bit woody and spicy and here is where the frankincense shines. Overall it has a salty aquatic vibe that makes it unique and wonderful, it takes you to a white sand beach, this frangrance spells summer.

With all the great thing this fragrance does there's a couple of things that could greatly improve and that's the performance, I get about 3 hours or so, if you want to make the best of it spray it on and pack a travel atomizer with you to be able to reapply throughout the day.
The (second) skin I live in
Just as with films, books, food, places and much more that tends to trigger strong feelings, it is not always the best idea, with regard to fragrances that are close to one's heart, to get the opinions of the anonymous masses, who comment, criticize and in the worst case despise them without regard to sentimentality and knowledge about them. Illusions are often broken like falling mirror glass, magic is stolen and tender things are desecrated. Sometimes, however, the attachment to the beloved object is intensified and it becomes a jewel worth protecting.

Light blue is my first big fragrance love. A few years ago, 16, in search of many things, the windy spring of Avignon welcomed me to a six-month cultural exchange. My silky mass of identity blew in many ways in the mistral, longed for, was full of gaps. I unexpectedly found a splinter of identity in a large, hectic perfumery near the Pope's Palace as I strolled through the narrow streets one afternoon. I hadn't tested much yet, at that time I already felt overwhelmed whether this sea was full of scents and possibilities, olfactory worlds and stories. Light blue was very fine and seemed to be magnetically attracted to my wrist.
A wave of unspoilt cool rain air, a fiery sting of latent pertiness and cheeky wit, an inkling of smouldering, lusciously cracking logs of wood, the scent of wet skin and an unsweetened lemonade touched me as familiarly as an old friend, whose shared childhood adventures still rave in my memory as vividly as if I were still hunting through high meadows and sandy dunes at the moment.

Since that time in the most sensual country in the world, I have been carrying Light Blue piggyback through life, we laugh a lot, suffer together, are one. Also my experiences with the staying power of my old, new friend are only good. Never obtrusive, he does not abandon you and remains as an affirmative silhouette for a long time in the vicinity.

This was quite an experience-based review, but I think Light Blue is much more than just a thin water for undemanding perfumers beyond my sentimental affection and hope that not only I can take a varied, intimate journey with this special Odeur

TravellerDK
Great summer or work scent
It has quickly become one of my favorites, due to it can be used in the summer month and also at work/university year round. I get grapefruit (citrus), pepper and salt (sea/aquatic vibe). One of the few that has gotten me an unsolicited compliment, she said it smelt so good. For me this a dumb-reach, when in doubt for work. Plus, after the release of the new intense version, this one has gone on sale.

Totally Unisex, All-purpose Light Herbal Cologne
I seem to be in the minority on the D&G LIGHT BLUE duo, finding the made-for-men version quite a bit more appealing than the lemon juice + loud aromachemicals that is LIGHT BLUE for women.

LIGHT BLUE POUR HOMME is not nearly so citric as its female namesake, and it also is quite a bit more complex, offering light green and herbal elements up to and including moss--both evernia prunastri (oak moss) and evernia furfuracea (tree moss) are listed among the ingredients on my manufacturer's carded sample--which together give the overall composition a much more sophisticated demeanor, to my nose. Aromachemicals are fine as a booster, but when they take over a fragrance completely, as in LIGHT BLUE pour elle, then I just find them boring and hackneyed.

To me, LIGHT BLUE POUR HOMME is fully unisex. I am surprised, in fact, that hardly any women appear to have taken to this scent. I would definitely consider acquiring a bottle of this creation for hot-weather wear. I enjoy this combination of rosemary, moss, and juniper in a light woody base, and I do not find it aquatic in the least. To my nose, this is obviously an aromatic, not an aquatic or citrus cologne. I am baffled, frankly, as to the comparisons I've seen of this fragrance to Giorgio Armani ACQUA DI GIO, although I am not entirely sure whether I have tried the made-for-men version of that fragrance. There must be a sample of that somewhere here--let's see...

---

I just noticed in someone else's review that this fragrance won a FIFI in 2008, and I do not disagree with that award!

Fresh and crisp
As much as I have tried to understand the popularity surrounding the female version of D&G Light Blue, I have never been able to come to terms with it at all. However, since trying Light Blue for Men, I have much more respect for Dolce & Gabbana.

Citrusy and fresh, without being the nose-burning, acidic kind, is always the best way to go when it comes to me. I find this fragrance quite nice, especially for the hotter seasons where strong fragrances don't work all that well.

This is not the sexiest fragrance I've ever come across, but it is clean and appealing in lots of ways. Many people are comparing this fragrance to Acqua di Gio, however I must disagree. This fragrance doesn't give me a headache like the other one does.

The sillage is very intimate, but nicely so. It leaves a pleasantly subtle citrusy scent which will not stink out a room in any case.

Light Blue for Men incorporates some nicely watered-down citrus notes that come with a tiny touch of sweetness, more natural than synthetic. The scent dries down into a soothing, almost aromatic herbs and woods, lovely nonetheless. In all honesty, there is nothing to despise here.

ElysiumElysium 8 months ago
Ain't smell of tobacco, Scotch, or a lived-in leather chair. Instead, a rugged appeal of mossy, aromatic, and citrus. Bracing, not brooding.
DoctorJayDoctorJay 2 years ago
Interesting at all the negativity. I have gotten so many compliments. It lasts all day on me too.
BreadyBready 2 years ago
This was my Go TO scent for the summer! Many many females gave me excellent compliments! You smell great! That's all i wanted to hear! :)

by Golcher
by Michael
by Drakecito
by Drakecito

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme Intense by Dolce & Gabbana