Light Blue pour Homme (2007) Eau de Toilette

Light Blue pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design: Stefano Gabbana

Light Blue pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2007. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Sicilian mandarin, Grapefruit zest, Juniper
Heart Notes Heart NotesRosemary, Sichuan pepper, Rosewood
Base Notes Base NotesAmerican muskwood, Frankincense, Oakmoss

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 03.03.2019

6.0 4.0 4.0 3.0/10
Smirk Fopnawl
Once again I don't know what you were thinking, I'm assuming the following scenario, what might have happened in the marketing department at D&G...

Friends, we have had this perfume created by Morillas here, we must now somehow bring it to the man! Anybody got an idea? It starts fresh with mandarin and grapefruit and will then increase peppery and woody. He's a little smoky, too, but he's so trivial and meaningless, we'll have to come up with something.

Discussing for hours about marketing with half-naked people at the water, because it concerns a fresh smell later someone had the idea to praise the smell as follows....

L that stands for passion that it ignites in you
I this stands for intimacy because also the eye laughs
G that stands for Great when you smell it once
H stands for harmony, because you love yourself with it
T is for virtue, because it is always good for

B is for balm, because it is so soft
L stands for love, makes you rich with it
U this stands for Uniikat, this does not exist again
E is for the energy, you illuminate every room

So far so good, there will be people who would believe that.

If I had been there, it would have sounded different...

L stands for boring, because it only smells
I stands for "Yuck", because nothing smells nice about it
G stands for Grütze, which occurs to me directly
H stands for durability, which does not exist here
T stands for Tragic, because it gets better

B stands for nonsense, this is the one for me
L this stands for unfortunately no, unfortunately not at all
U stands for Urgs, the sound I make
E stands for real now?

Basically, I would continue that as well.

S stands for bad, so it's just
M stands for Morillas as its best
I stands for individuality, ne that was a joke
R stands for olfactory alarm when I experience the
K stands for Klospray, which smells better

F stands for freshness, at least that is da
O stands for Without Everything, No Charm, No Nix
P stands for Peinlich for such a house
N stands for nose that is offended
A stands for Anosmic, what I wish for here
W stands for Will I not and never more
L is Leine who, I now here pull.

I'm not sure if you could read it out, but I'm not particularly enthusiastic about this fragrance.
He can't do anything and that's really good.

As always, whoever feels stepped on the tie pays me 1 Euro! If you can handle it, you can immortalize yourself down here.

To the gigantic side effects they eat the package insert and slaughter you the crazy physician of their pharmacist!
9.0 7.0 5.0 10.0/10
The (second) skin I live in
Just as with films, books, food, places and much more that tends to trigger strong feelings, it is not always the best idea, with regard to fragrances that are close to one's heart, to get the opinions of the anonymous masses, who comment, criticize and in the worst case despise them without regard to sentimentality and knowledge about them. Illusions are often broken like falling mirror glass, magic is stolen and tender things are desecrated. Sometimes, however, the attachment to the beloved object is intensified and it becomes a jewel worth protecting.

Light blue is my first big fragrance love. A few years ago, 16, in search of many things, the windy spring of Avignon welcomed me to a six-month cultural exchange. My silky mass of identity blew in many ways in the mistral, longed for, was full of gaps. I unexpectedly found a splinter of identity in a large, hectic perfumery near the Pope's Palace as I strolled through the narrow streets one afternoon. I hadn't tested much yet, at that time I already felt overwhelmed whether this sea was full of scents and possibilities, olfactory worlds and stories. Light blue was very fine and seemed to be magnetically attracted to my wrist.
A wave of unspoilt cool rain air, a fiery sting of latent pertiness and cheeky wit, an inkling of smouldering, lusciously cracking logs of wood, the scent of wet skin and an unsweetened lemonade touched me as familiarly as an old friend, whose shared childhood adventures still rave in my memory as vividly as if I were still hunting through high meadows and sandy dunes at the moment.

Since that time in the most sensual country in the world, I have been carrying Light Blue piggyback through life, we laugh a lot, suffer together, are one. Also my experiences with the staying power of my old, new friend are only good. Never obtrusive, he does not abandon you and remains as an affirmative silhouette for a long time in the vicinity.

This was quite an experience-based review, but I think Light Blue is much more than just a thin water for undemanding perfumers beyond my sentimental affection and hope that not only I can take a varied, intimate journey with this special Odeur
10.0 6.0 7.0 9.5/10
TravellerDK
Great summer or work scent
It has quickly become one of my favorites, due to it can be used in the summer month and also at work/university year round. I get grapefruit (citrus), pepper and salt (sea/aquatic vibe). One of the few that has gotten me an unsolicited compliment, she said it smelt so good. For me this a dumb-reach, when in doubt for work. Plus, after the release of the new intense version, this one has gone on sale.
5.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10
Totally Unisex, All-purpose Light Herbal Cologne
I seem to be in the minority on the D&G LIGHT BLUE duo, finding the made-for-men version quite a bit more appealing than the lemon juice + loud aromachemicals that is LIGHT BLUE for women.

LIGHT BLUE POUR HOMME is not nearly so citric as its female namesake, and it also is quite a bit more complex, offering light green and herbal elements up to and including moss--both evernia prunastri (oak moss) and evernia furfuracea (tree moss) are listed among the ingredients on my manufacturer's carded sample--which together give the overall composition a much more sophisticated demeanor, to my nose. Aromachemicals are fine as a booster, but when they take over a fragrance completely, as in LIGHT BLUE pour elle, then I just find them boring and hackneyed.

To me, LIGHT BLUE POUR HOMME is fully unisex. I am surprised, in fact, that hardly any women appear to have taken to this scent. I would definitely consider acquiring a bottle of this creation for hot-weather wear. I enjoy this combination of rosemary, moss, and juniper in a light woody base, and I do not find it aquatic in the least. To my nose, this is obviously an aromatic, not an aquatic or citrus cologne. I am baffled, frankly, as to the comparisons I've seen of this fragrance to Giorgio Armani ACQUA DI GIO, although I am not entirely sure whether I have tried the made-for-men version of that fragrance. There must be a sample of that somewhere here--let's see...

---

I just noticed in someone else's review that this fragrance won a FIFI in 2008, and I do not disagree with that award!
5.0 5.0 6.0/10
Fresh and crisp
As much as I have tried to understand the popularity surrounding the female version of D&G Light Blue, I have never been able to come to terms with it at all. However, since trying Light Blue for Men, I have much more respect for Dolce & Gabbana.

Citrusy and fresh, without being the nose-burning, acidic kind, is always the best way to go when it comes to me. I find this fragrance quite nice, especially for the hotter seasons where strong fragrances don't work all that well.

This is not the sexiest fragrance I've ever come across, but it is clean and appealing in lots of ways. Many people are comparing this fragrance to Acqua di Gio, however I must disagree. This fragrance doesn't give me a headache like the other one does.

The sillage is very intimate, but nicely so. It leaves a pleasantly subtle citrusy scent which will not stink out a room in any case.

Light Blue for Men incorporates some nicely watered-down citrus notes that come with a tiny touch of sweetness, more natural than synthetic. The scent dries down into a soothing, almost aromatic herbs and woods, lovely nonetheless. In all honesty, there is nothing to despise here.

DoctorJay 20 days ago
Interesting at all the negativity. I have gotten so many compliments. It lasts all day on me too.+1
Bready 132 days ago
This was my Go TO scent for the summer! Many many females gave me excellent compliments! You smell great! That's all i wanted to hear! :)+1

by Golcher
by Olli3g
by Rake
by Rake

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One by Dolce & Gabbana The One Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana (1992) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Desire by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One by Dolce & Gabbana