Rose The One (2009)

Rose The One by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design: Lutz Herrmann

Rose The One is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-fruity. It was last marketed by Procter & Gamble.

Michel Girard

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Pink grapefruit, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily, Lychee, Peony, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 07.06.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is actress Scarlett Johansson.

Rose The One
I like this perfume. I would probably love it if it were a little stronger and didn't fade away quite so fast. I'm really fussy with rose scents. If the rose note is too overpowering and stuffy, I won't wear it. This perfume blends the rose with the rest of the notes perfectly. For me, the citrus mixed with the rose is a real winner. It keeps the fragrance light and fresh as opposed to some rose scents in which the rose dominates and drowns everything else out. This scent has a sparkling quality to it and would be well suited for summertime. I was lucky enough to find my bottle in a gift set for a great price. A nice fragrance but if purchasing be warned that this is one you will undoubtedly have to reapply throughout the day to keep the scent from fading away completely.

A Great Big Fail for D & G Rose The One
for me this was a waste of money. Not in the sense that I didn't like the scent (it was an okay but very faint fruity rose) but if a perfumier can't make a perfume that lasts the hour, I don't think they should take money for it. Nor does it have any trail, at all. Or is it planned use, like the planned obsolescence of items. Buy a bottle of perfume which is designed to be used up 10 times faster so the consumer comes back to buy another much earlier? A pointless and ridiculous exercise for everyone but the perfume house.
I want my perfumes to reward me more than this.
10.0 5.0 1.0/10

Rose the One
Initial spray was delightful. I enjoyed the soft opening wafts of citrus and black current, then the rose, lily, and peony swirling up in a lovely accord of tender florals. Then....horror. Something awful happened in the drydown. The drydown on me, for me, was literally sickening. Something in this formulation turned so unbelievably foul it actually started to make me nauseous and I had to go wash it off after 20 minutes and stop evaluating it. It was like Jeckyl and Hyde on me. The difference between the opening and the drydown was so extreme. Bizarre. I was sad since I liked the opening so much.

Refreshing rose
There's cool freshness to it but yet at the same time it's warm and earthy. The rose scent strikes me as a fresh cut rose with with thorns on a warm summers day. Sweet and soft but yet there is a citrus zing. I can definitely smell the grapefruit on top. A nice cold slice with sugar on top. Without it, it would probably be just another nice rose scent. The citrus and rose compliment each other so well it's amazing. It feels like a very modern rose, not old fashioned at all. It's also a very cheery, happy scent, but at the same time very romantic. I love the die down, as I get more vanilla in the mix.
The only negative, is the longivity. Maybe an hour on me. I knew this before I bought it, but as I said I was already in love. I always have trouble with perfumes lasting any length of time on my skin, so I will just have to live with it. As I said, it's addictive.
I can reapply if need be.
5.0 5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Romantic modern fruity rose
Rose the One is a great everyday scent. It is girly, pretty, gentle and pleasant to wear. I think about Rose the One as a modern designer interpretation of a rose. It does not smell like a freshly plucked rose from the garden but it maintains the delicate charm of a rose and its beautiful pale pink colors with a romantic blend of citrus, lychee, peony and rose. There is a slight synthetic edge to the composition but it does not bother me one bit. I find the scent refreshing, modern and easy to wear.

Rose the One opens with a lovely blend of grapefruit and black currant. The grapefruit note is nicely done here. It is very uplifting and refreshing. The scent transforms into a rose bouquet combined with a nice lychee note. There is a slightly tart edge to the scent which I find quite appealing as it keeps the bouquet from getting too sweet at this stage. The dry down is rose and musk. Lovely but light. The longevity is medium but I do not mind re-applying.

I wear this scent a lot in summer and spring. I think this scent is great for those, who love the idea of a rose but prefer it with other notes especially fruity ones.
5.0 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

A Fleeting Dream Rose
A hint of grapefruit is the first thing I smell when I spray this scent, quickly followed by a delicious rose note. Peony and lily are next in the (quickly following) middle stage. And in the dry-down an aura of vanilla hovers around all the notes.

Dolce & Gabbana - Rose The One -- Is this the One? Well, It's a classy rose. Not a rose you'd find growing carelessly in a garden, but rather a rose as one would find in a cultured and very well kept garden. A pretty and sophisticated rose. Chic and expensive. And the latter is my problem with this scent: It's pretty enough to be a scent I can use when the rose mood strikes me, yet it's not 'unusual' enough to spend that much money on, especially since its longevity could be better and the silage is pretty but very close to the skin on me. Also, I like to get whiffs of my perfumes throughout the day. And this one is very 'shy' in doing that.

Overall: it's a pretty and very classy rose, ideal for office or wedding-day.
I love the note composition. All the notes make for a wonderful rose scent. But I miss a bit more...Oomph...a bit more: "Hey! I am still here!!" -- But that's my personal preference and not a reflection on this wonderful rose.

I recommend it for people who want a modern, sophisticated and quality rose scent that smells expensive. On your chemistry it might be the bomb! Sample on skin and make sure it evolves and you love it and it loves you back! God knows it's expensive enough and should love you lots! : )

Silage: "I am a long-stemmed Baccarat rose, pink not red though! Walk by and admire me" -- Longevity: "faint whiffs of classy rose for 3+ hours (on me)"
7.5 7.5 5.0/10

Tart, fruity rose
This fragrance disappointed me. I was hoping this would be a soft, sweet and pretty interpretation of rose but in reality Rose The One is quite tart and fruity.

The opening is incredibly strong with sharp and sour notes of grapefruit, litchi, black currant and mandarin orange. Together with the loud rose note, the combination becomes quite metallic and synthetic.

Thankfully the opening does soften making way for the more delicate floral notes like lily and peony. I must add that the rose in this fragrance is very cloying and intense, it's almost too much.

The drydown was my only enjoyment which is basically a soft, sweet, powdery and musky floral blend, a little too predictable for my liking.

Not exactly a fan of Rose The One, but for those that like the scent, the lasting strength is good.

you will only find one
Much indeed it is ONE Rose, the rose notes stay for about half the fragrance's life. It is not a bouquet or well balanced, just one rose.

The drydown plummets into a rather woody base with not rose at all, it just disappeared! A barely-there slightly musk and woody base is all that remains after 2 hrs.

At least it is true to it's name, but it will not find itself among my collection.

by Andreas09
by Andreas09
by Meinhardis
by Meinhardis

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One by Dolce & Gabbana The One Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana (1992) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Desire by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana