Sicily by Dolce & Gabbana
Compare Prices
Sicily (Dolce & Gabbana)
Sicily is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2003. The scent is flowery-sweet. It was last marketed by Procter & Gamble.

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesSicilian bergamot, Honeysuckle
Heart Notes Heart NotesHibiscus, Jasmine, Black rose
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, Musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.06.2017

Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
A sweet, soapy... and grown-up fragrance.
Sicily by Dolce & Gabbana is an interesting one. It comes across as very summery and soapy, almost like the smell of creamy suntan lotion on warm skin on the beach. It has a very creamy banana note paired with jasmine and musk. I would describe it as a grown-up fragrance to wear because of the aldehyde vibe, which can come across as a little strong and formal (for boardrooms and business meetings), however I think anyone could pretty much wear it. It maybe have a kind of a strong, classic perfume vibe in my opinion but it certainly has it's place.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Complex, modern, vintage, passionate
"Sicily" is a unique fragrance. It's still available in Italy (my husband just brought it back for me from a trip to... well, Sicily, of course). It's hard to understand why D&G discontinued it in the rest of Europe, but probably it's too different from the other perfumes in their line-up. A weird outsider. "Sicily" is a modern fragrance which contains loads and loads of aldehydes which add an inspiring sparkle to the ingredients used in the top-notes. I can smell zingy bergamot and orange blossom, but can't share the "banana-connotation". D&G don't mention banana on their own homepage, btw. I checked, because I can't understand where the "banana-thing" comes from ... - anyway, no banana for me in "Sicily", but masses of jasmine instead. Jasmine appears as the dominating note in "Sicily" for me, giving the fragrance a feminine touch. "Sicily" by D&G also manages to conjure up that vintage lipstick smell which takes me back to my mum's makeup-bag. Jasmine, of course, is also very indolic. Mixed with a touch of iris on a fine base of musk and sandalwood, this "old" scent from D&G smells much sexier to me than their latest creation called "Desire". "Sicily" is a complex, strong fragrance which tickles my imagination. A fragrance not to be underestimated.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Powdery banana
Sicily is a lovely fragrance, a one of a kind type scent and for the life of me I cannot understand why this has been discontinued.

My immediate reaction to this fragrance was that it reminded me of a banana flavoured milkshake. The scent is soft, feminine, sweet and somewhat powdery.

Sicily is flowery, but not in a predictable sense. The honeysuckle, banana and frangipani notes gives this fragrance an exotic feel which is undeniably attractive. I honestly have never smelt anything like this before.

I enjoyed every aspect of this scent. From the tropical and fruity opening, to the delicate floral blend and nutty undertones in the heart, to the musky yet soapy drydown, all parts were breath-taking. Another added bonus is the fantastic lasting strength.

Along with the signature D&G for women fragrance, this is my favourite offering from Dolce & Gabbana.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 9.0/10
Sunshine
In wiinter whenever I see sunshine from my window I am immediately feeling an urge to wear Sicily, when I feel the rays of the cold and bright winter sun on my face I can almost smell Sicily. That is the feeling i get from this very beautiful and distinctive perfume of the 00's.
I could never imagine this perfume was so recent, I get a classic aura from it, it is old school, it smells as a lady should always smell. Ultimately clean, happy, warm not inviting neither cold and distant, it is just right. It is soapy yet it is not harsh at all, it is actually the opposite, very cozy.. I think the key notes here are banana and iris, the fruit soothes it very much.
For me personally this would be in the 10 perfumes i would always want to have in my wardrobe.. It is the happy winter fragrance..
Winter sun, brown leather, orangre trees..

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana The One by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce by Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily by Dolce & Gabbana The One Desire by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana (1992) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana 10 La Roue de La Fortune by Dolce & Gabbana 18 La Lune by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana