The One (2006) Eau de Parfum

The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design: Lutz Herrmann

The One (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2006. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lychee, Mandarin, Peach
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Madonna lily, Lily-of-the-valley
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Plum, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.04.2019

8.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

The One = 1/2 plus 1/2
So this bottle was actually more or less a blind purchase (which only moved in with me yesterday).
My girlfriend by whom I also got on Dior Addict because I couldn't smell enough when she wore it last year on an Early Summer Tour.

About 3 weeks ago I smelled it on her, sweet and yet fresh. The One. I see. The Only One I had tested and that was mine, nice sweet, creamy.

So I thought, well, bravely order at 20% the 50ml. I don't do anything else and at Dior Addict I tried it a few times before I bought it. But oh, that'll work out. :-)

Yesterday everything arrived. Sprayed on. WTF...?????!!! What the hell smells so stinging????? The Lily of the Valley???? I hate lily of the valley. I'm not a fan of that flowery direction anyway. Or vetiver???? But how the hell does vetiver smell????? Boah näää, but that's not what I smelled on her! And certainly not fine, elegant and sweet!
At first I thought it was honey, which I don't like as a scent either, but it doesn't exist in the pyramid. :-)

I wanted to bring it directly to my girlfriend (yesterday was Easter fire) and give it to her, because somehow it wasn't mine at all and put it in my pocket.
This stabbing... Terrible! Where was this vanilla???? This fruit cocktail?

When I closed all the windows and walked through the apartment, my nose was blowing a faint, pleasant breath... sweet, creamy. I'm like, "What? Where did this come from? That smells good! Sniffing my wrist and, oh! There she is! The vanilla with the sweet fruit cocktail!!!!! How beautiful is that now, please????? Quickly to my handbag, the flacon well-behaved back into my perfume collection and this is the other, wonderful half of The One, while the first half smells terrible with me, it takes a short time until the second, so beautiful half unfolds. So by the time I get to the office in the morning, the whole thing has developed into a nice half. :-)

It will never be an absolute favorite or after-sale fragrance, but I am now looking forward to my 50ml. :-)
The way it smells with my girlfriend, it would have been a candidate for a signature scent for me, but unfortunately I am far from it. That's why I'm afraid to evaluate the fragrance, that's really all a matter of taste. :-)

To wear it is for me almost all year round, but for the cooler days, also the cooler summer days.

The bottle is chic and minimalistic, durability not as given as I found yesterday, a few, a few hours yes, then nothing more. I can't say anything about the Sillage, except at my girlfriend's, because she was quite pleasant at the beginning and wasn't perceptible in a killing way.

Winterlicht
Fruit cocktail in vanilla bed
It's been around for a long time, but it's been mine since yesterday. The bottle is classically elegant. In the perfumeries where I once tested it, I only noticed it on me for an extremely short time, after the tasty top note it was as if blown away by the wind. But here at home: first this super delicious fruit salad, invigorating fruity but not squeaky sweet. Then comes a warmth by vanilla, like delicious vanilla cream/cream brûlée, but the fruitiness never loses itself completely. In addition, I perceive a floral accord that blends in harmoniously without dominating. All in all a great mixture for me, from which I can smell the individual aromas again and again. And the shelf life strangely enough here from noon until evening.
I briefly stopped by work again, the colleague, the ministry had when I entered: "wow, but you smell super good really tasty" He almost 20 years younger than me. I always had a scent on it, always admired by my female colleagues when I mostly guess their scents, but the first comment from him. It makes you feel younger
9.0 7.0 7.0 9.5/10

The Hype Got Me
So I had heard so much about this cologne and decided I was going to see what the hype was about....smell wise, this is a masterpiece, spicy, dark, fruity, woody...loved it instantly.....but performance is poor to average on this one, why create an EDP when you cant get it to last up to 6 hours? I was disappointed by this, and half way through the bottle, I wanted to sell it.....got several offers but I tried it on the other day after a long hiatus.....and the sexiness still gets me....so no....not selling my bottle anymore, I guess I just need to spray myself 10-15 times to really enjoy this (Joking) lol
7.0 7.0 7.0 6.5/10

Sweet, beautiful floral...
A somewhat predictable but very pleasing floral fragrance which is sweetened by fresh doses of fruit and vanilla. This is a smell which I've recognised before, but I don't mind.

I get the peach, jasmine and vanilla. Along with other notes such as plum, lychee and lily-of-the valley. I would recommend it to a younger, aspirational and professional crowd. I do think it would suit anyone of any age, but it's targeted to a younger market I think.

Try this is you like sweet florals but done in a very tasteful way, in typical Dolce & Gabanna style. I do like it, and recommend it. Lovely!

The One by Dolce & Gabbana
The One is a warm, cozy, inoffensive, floral-fruity-oriental eau de parfum that I think could work for any woman or occasion. A fruity perfume for those who don't like fruity scents. A floral for those who don't like florals. An oriental for those new to that bewitching world. Sweet but not a day in a candy shop. Woodsy without being masculine. Powdery while remaining youthful. Fun and yet mature.

I think a glance at the pie charts below support my claims.
5.0 5.0 7.5 4.0/10

The commercial one
I vividly remember the time when this perfume was out, every magazine had big ads of it and I could fiind samples everywhere..All the perfume stores had its ad posters, so blindingly shiny.. Definitely there was a big publicity over it. At that time I had used a sample and it felt ok, I was so blinded with the shine that whenever I wore it I was kind of feeling like s little star.. But oh well, some time later my father gave me as a christmas present a whole big bottle of it..
So the story took a whole different direction, with a clean nose it started smelling sour to me, the vanilla was nowhere to sweeten the feeling, it was just sour fruits with powder, I tried it so many times, with every kind of weather, I even wore it daily for quite some time but we never got along. The feeling I got from this perfume was just that they wanted to make an extra safe fruity vanilla scent, which are so popular nowadays and every young woman seems to enjoy, then they just paid a super model and a sexy address to do the ad, and that should do the trick.. Sadly I still sniff it in counters some time and I dont change my mind at all. Safe, commercial, and on me bad..
7.5 7.5 6.0/10

The musky one
I'm all for sweet fragrances, but unfortunately this fragrance just seemed too sweet for me.

The opening although pretty fruits, is a little too much like sticky candies overloaded with sugar. Due to this sweetness I would say that The One is a relatively young and flirtatious scent, not something to be taken seriously.

The One does mellow into a warm and pleasant oriental floral, however I can't say that I was blown over backwards by its uniqueness. The jasmine, lily and plum are pretty and certainly wearable, the most pleasant aspect of this fragrance so far.

The drydown isn't bad either, the vanilla brings back an element of syrupy sweetness which made me cringe at first but it was no where near as bad as I thought it would be, and it brings an interesting woodsy muskiness. I'll give credit to this fragrance for its excellent sillage and lasting power and its sensuality and creaminess. It is unfortunate that the scent doesn't appeal to my nose.

Not expected
Not what I expected...
The thing that most surprised me about the fragrance was the non-connection between the bottle and the scent. By looking at the bottle I was expecting more oriental and less gourmand.

Maybe it was just an overload of Jasmin (the jasmin always gets blamed).

by Strehliwood
by Strehliwood
Bringt mich zum Schweben...
by Gandix
du bist wirklich ein einzigartig schöner Duft
by Santalwalti
The One – ein glänzendes Tröpfchen...
by GothicHeart
by GothicHeart
Eleganter Segelflug durch meinen Staudenphlox...
by Cincy
by Tani47
by Tani47
by NikkRouse10
by NikkRouse10
An 11ml EdP tester I found online - heavy!
by Sweetgrass
by Catyschatzi
by Catyschatzi
by Luxus
by Luxus

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One by Dolce & Gabbana The One Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana (1992) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Desire by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One by Dolce & Gabbana The One Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana