The One 2006Eau de Parfum

The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design Lutz Herrmann
The One (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2006. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lychee, Mandarin orange, Peach
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Madonna lily, Lily-of-the-valley
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Plum, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 19.11.2020.

Apricot Jam
Although peaches are in the notes, The One (EdP) smells more like apricot jam to me. The scent is sweet, but is made lighter by the floral notes. Sometimes the lily of the valley comes to the fore - I wonder if that depends on the weather? I also smell something fresh like menthol in the background. The eau de toilette is more scratchy for me compared to the EdP, I can smell more flowers, especially the lily. Personally, I love the EdP. The scent is really cozy and doesn't bother me when I wear it every day (moderately applied of course). The shelf life is more than 6 hours (depending on weather and place of application)
Dolce gabbana the one
✨✨✨✨ Dolce & Gabbana the One ✨✨✨✨

Good evening, my dears. ✨✨✨

✨✨✨ Today I want to take you to the Forbidden Magic Land. ???

Let me introduce you! Magical, beautiful fairy tale scent ✨✨✨

As if he came from 1001 nights of history to enchant us with his dreamy breath. ?✨✨✨
This is the forgotten magic that is hidden deep within us. I invite you cordially to a wonderful journey through the fairy tale land... let yourself and all your senses be enchanted by the wonderful scent ✨✨✨

Imagine a land where there is no more sadness... where the sun dances with the moon. ❣❣❣ where everyone has their hearts open, because they know there's no more pain ❣❣❣

Maybe that's why I associate this fragrance with Christmas, because that's when the magic in the air is most tangible ist❤

Notes: Lychee, bergamot, peach ? ?, tangerine, plum, amber, lily, lily of the valley, musk ?
The fragrance is oriental - fruity - floral ???
I am faithful to Him
Since I fell in love with The One years ago, it has been the only fragrance from my collection that I buy and will buy again and again. He snuck into my heart and makes me very happy. I don't wear it in summer, but I'm looking forward to autumn. From then on, The One is my companion again. A hot cup of cocoa, outside it's stormy and rain is pelting down the windows, The One gives me security and warmth.
In winter, it's frosty cold, red nose, cold hands and feet, The One is cuddly like a quilt, cuddly, close to me, my only true love.
Unfortunately The One is not faithful to me, because very often he also meets me in other ladies. But that's the way it is, what is good, the others also recognize.
For me, there is no other fragrance that embodies more femininity. He has charisma, is sensual, devoted, beguiling without imposing himself. My rock in the surf. A scented dream.
Mainstream is often devalued here, I don't care, I stand by it. To be against mainstreams is in the end only mainstream again!
As this was my first comment, they'll look me up if I screwed up....

Cosy - Elegant
For me, a perfume for every occasion. Feminine, elegant, creamy but at the same time very comfortable and easy to wear. Fits to white t-shirt and jeans exactly sk well as to a high-heels and dress. Every age, every season. A work of art!
Tuzzifruzzi
Already the bottle attracts magically!
Totally exhausted after work I went shopping for relaxation. Actually just clothes.
Aaaa but the shops at the Ku'damm are unfortunately too tempting! Of course, I went into that door gravel branch, too. After I had my cream, I was still strolling through the shelves.
Suddenly I was blinded. The Holy Grail! Dazzled by the simple noble bottle, I struck without testing. What looks so great must smell good :-). Then a second Christmas at home. The box was blinding, but the bottle knocked me over. So heavy so handy totally noble. The first sprayer went, as always, into the box. Then I realized we were going to be friends. I can describe it badly, flowery then spring then soapy noble but also fresh. It is rare that I wear a scent every day but it accompanied me the first time every day. This fragrance has search factor. In the meantime, the fragrance has slipped into the normal category and is only rarely performed. I've rarely been so seduced by looks alone.
The One = 1/2 plus 1/2
So this bottle was actually more or less a blind purchase (which only moved in with me yesterday).
My girlfriend by whom I also got on Dior Addict because I couldn't smell enough when she wore it last year on an Early Summer Tour.

About 3 weeks ago I smelled it on her, sweet and yet fresh. The One. I see. The Only One I had tested and that was mine, nice sweet, creamy.

So I thought, well, bravely order at 20% the 50ml. I don't do anything else and at Dior Addict I tried it a few times before I bought it. But oh, that'll work out. :-)

Yesterday everything arrived. Sprayed on. WTF...?????!!! What the hell smells so stinging????? The Lily of the Valley???? I hate lily of the valley. I'm not a fan of that flowery direction anyway. Or vetiver???? But how the hell does vetiver smell????? Boah näää, but that's not what I smelled on her! And certainly not fine, elegant and sweet!
At first I thought it was honey, which I don't like as a scent either, but it doesn't exist in the pyramid. :-)

I wanted to bring it directly to my girlfriend (yesterday was Easter fire) and give it to her, because somehow it wasn't mine at all and put it in my pocket.
This stabbing... Terrible! Where was this vanilla???? This fruit cocktail?

When I closed all the windows and walked through the apartment, my nose was blowing a faint, pleasant breath... sweet, creamy. I'm like, "What? Where did this come from? That smells good! Sniffing my wrist and, oh! There she is! The vanilla with the sweet fruit cocktail!!!!! How beautiful is that now, please????? Quickly to my handbag, the flacon well-behaved back into my perfume collection and this is the other, wonderful half of The One, while the first half smells terrible with me, it takes a short time until the second, so beautiful half unfolds. So by the time I get to the office in the morning, the whole thing has developed into a nice half. :-)

It will never be an absolute favorite or after-sale fragrance, but I am now looking forward to my 50ml. :-)
The way it smells with my girlfriend, it would have been a candidate for a signature scent for me, but unfortunately I am far from it. That's why I'm afraid to evaluate the fragrance, that's really all a matter of taste. :-)

To wear it is for me almost all year round, but for the cooler days, also the cooler summer days.

The bottle is chic and minimalistic, durability not as given as I found yesterday, a few, a few hours yes, then nothing more. I can't say anything about the Sillage, except at my girlfriend's, because she was quite pleasant at the beginning and wasn't perceptible in a killing way.
Winterlicht
Fruit cocktail in vanilla bed
It's been around for a long time, but it's been mine since yesterday. The bottle is classically elegant. In the perfumeries where I once tested it, I only noticed it on me for an extremely short time, after the tasty top note it was as if blown away by the wind. But here at home: first this super delicious fruit salad, invigorating fruity but not squeaky sweet. Then comes a warmth by vanilla, like delicious vanilla cream/cream brûlée, but the fruitiness never loses itself completely. In addition, I perceive a floral accord that blends in harmoniously without dominating. All in all a great mixture for me, from which I can smell the individual aromas again and again. And the shelf life strangely enough here from noon until evening.
I briefly stopped by work again, the colleague, the ministry had when I entered: "wow, but you smell super good really tasty" He almost 20 years younger than me. I always had a scent on it, always admired by my female colleagues when I mostly guess their scents, but the first comment from him. It makes you feel younger

The Hype Got Me
So I had heard so much about this cologne and decided I was going to see what the hype was about....smell wise, this is a masterpiece, spicy, dark, fruity, woody...loved it instantly.....but performance is poor to average on this one, why create an EDP when you cant get it to last up to 6 hours? I was disappointed by this, and half way through the bottle, I wanted to sell it.....got several offers but I tried it on the other day after a long hiatus.....and the sexiness still gets me....so no....not selling my bottle anymore, I guess I just need to spray myself 10-15 times to really enjoy this (Joking) lol

Sweet, beautiful floral...
A somewhat predictable but very pleasing floral fragrance which is sweetened by fresh doses of fruit and vanilla. This is a smell which I've recognised before, but I don't mind.

I get the peach, jasmine and vanilla. Along with other notes such as plum, lychee and lily-of-the valley. I would recommend it to a younger, aspirational and professional crowd. I do think it would suit anyone of any age, but it's targeted to a younger market I think.

Try this is you like sweet florals but done in a very tasteful way, in typical Dolce & Gabanna style. I do like it, and recommend it. Lovely!

The One by Dolce & Gabbana
The One is a warm, cozy, inoffensive, floral-fruity-oriental eau de parfum that I think could work for any woman or occasion. A fruity perfume for those who don't like fruity scents. A floral for those who don't like florals. An oriental for those new to that bewitching world. Sweet but not a day in a candy shop. Woodsy without being masculine. Powdery while remaining youthful. Fun and yet mature.

I think a glance at the pie charts below support my claims.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 5 months ago
A scent for fruit lovers: peach and lychee notes are very noticeable giving a particularly sweet character to this fragrance.Refined bottle.
TruckladyTrucklady 1 year ago
A vague haze of sweet stuff. I can never pin it down to make a proper assessment. It is intent on being aura like. Grrr.

by Strehliwood
by NikkRouse10
by NikkRouse10
by Parfuniverse
by Parfuniverse
An 11ml EdP tester I found online - heavy!
by Sweetgrass
by Catyschatzi
by Catyschatzi
by Luxus
by Luxus

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme Intense by Dolce & Gabbana D&G Feminine by Dolce & Gabbana