The One (2006) Eau de Parfum

The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design: Lutz Herrmann

The One (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2006. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lychee, Mandarin, Peach
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Madonna lily, Lily-of-the-valley
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Plum, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 31.10.2019

7.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

I am faithful to Him
Since I fell in love with The One years ago, it has been the only fragrance from my collection that I buy and will buy again and again. He snuck into my heart and makes me very happy. I don't wear it in summer, but I'm looking forward to autumn. From then on, The One is my companion again. A hot cup of cocoa, outside it's stormy and rain is pelting down the windows, The One gives me security and warmth.
In winter, it's frosty cold, red nose, cold hands and feet, The One is cuddly like a quilt, cuddly, close to me, my only true love.
Unfortunately The One is not faithful to me, because very often he also meets me in other ladies. But that's the way it is, what is good, the others also recognize.
For me, there is no other fragrance that embodies more femininity. He has charisma, is sensual, devoted, beguiling without imposing himself. My rock in the surf. A scented dream.
Mainstream is often devalued here, I don't care, I stand by it. To be against mainstreams is in the end only mainstream again!
As this was my first comment, they'll look me up if I screwed up....

7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Cosy - Elegant
For me, a perfume for every occasion. Feminine, elegant, creamy but at the same time very comfortable and easy to wear. Fits to white t-shirt and jeans exactly sk well as to a high-heels and dress. Every age, every season. A work of art!
10.0 9.0 8.0 9.5/10

Tuzzifruzzi
Already the bottle attracts magically!
Totally exhausted after work I went shopping for relaxation. Actually just clothes.
Aaaa but the shops at the Ku'damm are unfortunately too tempting! Of course, I went into that door gravel branch, too. After I had my cream, I was still strolling through the shelves.
Suddenly I was blinded. The Holy Grail! Dazzled by the simple noble bottle, I struck without testing. What looks so great must smell good :-). Then a second Christmas at home. The box was blinding, but the bottle knocked me over. So heavy so handy totally noble. The first sprayer went, as always, into the box. Then I realized we were going to be friends. I can describe it badly, flowery then spring then soapy noble but also fresh. It is rare that I wear a scent every day but it accompanied me the first time every day. This fragrance has search factor. In the meantime, the fragrance has slipped into the normal category and is only rarely performed. I've rarely been so seduced by looks alone.
8.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

The One = 1/2 plus 1/2
So this bottle was actually more or less a blind purchase (which only moved in with me yesterday).
My girlfriend by whom I also got on Dior Addict because I couldn't smell enough when she wore it last year on an Early Summer Tour.

About 3 weeks ago I smelled it on her, sweet and yet fresh. The One. I see. The Only One I had tested and that was mine, nice sweet, creamy.

So I thought, well, bravely order at 20% the 50ml. I don't do anything else and at Dior Addict I tried it a few times before I bought it. But oh, that'll work out. :-)

Yesterday everything arrived. Sprayed on. WTF...?????!!! What the hell smells so stinging????? The Lily of the Valley???? I hate lily of the valley. I'm not a fan of that flowery direction anyway. Or vetiver???? But how the hell does vetiver smell????? Boah näää, but that's not what I smelled on her! And certainly not fine, elegant and sweet!
At first I thought it was honey, which I don't like as a scent either, but it doesn't exist in the pyramid. :-)

I wanted to bring it directly to my girlfriend (yesterday was Easter fire) and give it to her, because somehow it wasn't mine at all and put it in my pocket.
This stabbing... Terrible! Where was this vanilla???? This fruit cocktail?

When I closed all the windows and walked through the apartment, my nose was blowing a faint, pleasant breath... sweet, creamy. I'm like, "What? Where did this come from? That smells good! Sniffing my wrist and, oh! There she is! The vanilla with the sweet fruit cocktail!!!!! How beautiful is that now, please????? Quickly to my handbag, the flacon well-behaved back into my perfume collection and this is the other, wonderful half of The One, while the first half smells terrible with me, it takes a short time until the second, so beautiful half unfolds. So by the time I get to the office in the morning, the whole thing has developed into a nice half. :-)

It will never be an absolute favorite or after-sale fragrance, but I am now looking forward to my 50ml. :-)
The way it smells with my girlfriend, it would have been a candidate for a signature scent for me, but unfortunately I am far from it. That's why I'm afraid to evaluate the fragrance, that's really all a matter of taste. :-)

To wear it is for me almost all year round, but for the cooler days, also the cooler summer days.

The bottle is chic and minimalistic, durability not as given as I found yesterday, a few, a few hours yes, then nothing more. I can't say anything about the Sillage, except at my girlfriend's, because she was quite pleasant at the beginning and wasn't perceptible in a killing way.

Winterlicht
Fruit cocktail in vanilla bed
It's been around for a long time, but it's been mine since yesterday. The bottle is classically elegant. In the perfumeries where I once tested it, I only noticed it on me for an extremely short time, after the tasty top note it was as if blown away by the wind. But here at home: first this super delicious fruit salad, invigorating fruity but not squeaky sweet. Then comes a warmth by vanilla, like delicious vanilla cream/cream brûlée, but the fruitiness never loses itself completely. In addition, I perceive a floral accord that blends in harmoniously without dominating. All in all a great mixture for me, from which I can smell the individual aromas again and again. And the shelf life strangely enough here from noon until evening.
I briefly stopped by work again, the colleague, the ministry had when I entered: "wow, but you smell super good really tasty" He almost 20 years younger than me. I always had a scent on it, always admired by my female colleagues when I mostly guess their scents, but the first comment from him. It makes you feel younger
9.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Santalwalti
Intoxicating white bloomers in a vanilla bed
The One.
That sounds kind of absolute, almost election. And really, if I had to choose from a lot of perfumes, 'The One' would probably be among the first ten I would take with me. Especially because of the scent, of course. But the packaging alone, the gold-coloured cardboard and the elegant flacon with golden closure, is special for me. The perfume is a pleasure in every respect: I even like the plain inscription in black capital letters. The completely smoothly worked lid is enthroned in the same size and shape above the glass container with its clear lines and soft, rounded edges. It contains the champagne-coloured droplet - noble, light and clear - and this unusually beautiful fragrance is just as beautiful! I find it mysterious, elegant, bright and yet full of spice, multi-layered and yet comprehensible in detail. The perfume has class!

I wouldn't say he's spectacular in the true sense of the word, but THE ONE is outstanding in its league, in the category of this kind of fragrance, and lives up to its name - the One. The structure, to put it simply, consists of exotic fruits, drowned out by beguiling flowers and carried by warm, partly dark base notes and a strong vanilla. The character is flowery and spicy and, despite a pinch of Oriental, remains overall light-hearted and fresh. This certainly applies to many perfumes, but for me the special thing is that on the one hand individual notes, which I clearly recognize, sound peu á peu and on the other hand the fragrance can be guessed as a complete composition from the beginning. Sounds a little contradictory, but that's what makes it so interesting!

When I spray THE ONE on, it feels like my cheek is stroking over fluffy, pinkish yellow peach skin, it feels so mild and soft. The first thing that goes up my nose seems discreetly exotic. Because above all else I perceive the scent of butter-soft, citric lychees. The lychee tree, which grows in China, comes from the soap tree family; interestingly, the fruits are also called love plums in China. The mother-of-pearl or pale pink flesh is sweet, juicy and, when harvested early, strongly fragrant. I know lychees from previous visits to the Chinese restaurant where they were served as dessert with mascarpone cream and grated coconut and which I remember as delicious because of the exotic fresh aroma.

Of other scents like mandarin and bergamot, which are indicated here in the pyramid, I notice above all delicious lime, which the lychee knows how to tame in its sweetness. All these fruits get along splendidly and result in a harmoniously soft, cuddly scent chord. Very feminine, very discreet and promising, this light, slender fruity cocktail starts, to which I like to devote myself enthusiastically. Again and again I lead my hand to the nose or tilt my head towards the décolleté and feel very comfortable with it.

After the fruity and sweet-sour start, two strong scent actors, Jasmine and Lily, enter the stage. Both are intensely fragrant flowers that can literally dominate a room. Churches and halls are often decorated with jasmine or lily blossoms for weddings; and how inevitably beguiling, sometimes even intrusive and pungent is the scent of these two white bloomers for many? Jasmine originally came from India and came to Spain in the Middle Ages, from where it spread rapidly throughout Europe. It is a relatively expensive fragrance that has always been associated with love and eroticism because of its invigorating, euphoric effect. Jasmine now brings sweet and sensual notes into play...
I quote from the poem JASMIN by Max Dauthenday:
.... Your face shines like the best bushes of Jasmin
.... And my joy comes out of you like the full moon out of the earth
.... The silence in which bees buzz - and no desire rises to
.... The sun hangs above you as a crown in the air and who you look at is king
....

The Madonna Lily with its six-petalled star-shaped flower also smells very intense, and I would recognize its scent among hundreds of flowers. It owes its botanical name 'Lilium candidum' to its pure white colour, which stands for innocence and eternal life. According to tradition, the Archangel Gabriel delivered a white lily to the Virgin Mary at his proclamation - hence the name Madonna or Royal Lily. However, I find the jasmine dominant over the lily, which is pleasant for me.

I don't know how a perfumer works and how he achieves that an ingredient with an extremely strong fragrance doesn't seem intrusive, killing or pungent to me, but mild, soft and invigorating. It is a great art not only to create a good perfume, but also to understand, analyse and preserve one's own very special secret... I am an artist myself, but in a completely different field. In the last few weeks I've been reading some non-fiction books and novels on the subject of perfume. Since then I admire and admire the art of the perfumers all the more.

I do not recognize the lily of the valley clearly; it may be that it contributes to the sweet elegance in the heart note. For me, the first spraying is always a hint of the base note, which is increasingly developing, finally becomes certainty and gives the perfume a hint of oriental flair. Namely a warm, luxuriant and caressing wrapping of musk and amber, as well as a (fortunately) only little earthy, fresh herbal green stitch of vetiver. That's how discreetly I like vetiver in women's perfumes; I especially like it in men's fragrances in a certain overall bouquet.
The plum gives the whole, like a good liqueur, a certain heaviness.

Last but not least: In this perfume, VANILLE plays a supporting and really delicious role for my senses, which is revealed in the entire course of the fragrance - the longer the more it lasts. I love vanilla scents, I'll admit that with pleasure. Vanilla, however, gives this perfume its sensual, very feminine touch. It is a soft, tender vanilla note, not hearty and not captivating, but rather enticing and seductive, slender and soft swinging. Vanilla actually makes perfume what it is for me: a fragrant poem, is like blooming poetry on my skin.

THE ONE is an intoxicating perfume and it has recognition value, absolutely! It is a fragrance for women who do not want to hide their feminine qualities, but want to emphasize them with joy. However, I would have liked to have expected more from the shelf life: up to 4 hours I perceive the scent well
9.0 7.0 7.0 9.5/10

The Hype Got Me
So I had heard so much about this cologne and decided I was going to see what the hype was about....smell wise, this is a masterpiece, spicy, dark, fruity, woody...loved it instantly.....but performance is poor to average on this one, why create an EDP when you cant get it to last up to 6 hours? I was disappointed by this, and half way through the bottle, I wanted to sell it.....got several offers but I tried it on the other day after a long hiatus.....and the sexiness still gets me....so no....not selling my bottle anymore, I guess I just need to spray myself 10-15 times to really enjoy this (Joking) lol
7.0 7.0 7.0 6.5/10

Sweet, beautiful floral...
A somewhat predictable but very pleasing floral fragrance which is sweetened by fresh doses of fruit and vanilla. This is a smell which I've recognised before, but I don't mind.

I get the peach, jasmine and vanilla. Along with other notes such as plum, lychee and lily-of-the valley. I would recommend it to a younger, aspirational and professional crowd. I do think it would suit anyone of any age, but it's targeted to a younger market I think.

Try this is you like sweet florals but done in a very tasteful way, in typical Dolce & Gabanna style. I do like it, and recommend it. Lovely!

The One by Dolce & Gabbana
The One is a warm, cozy, inoffensive, floral-fruity-oriental eau de parfum that I think could work for any woman or occasion. A fruity perfume for those who don't like fruity scents. A floral for those who don't like florals. An oriental for those new to that bewitching world. Sweet but not a day in a candy shop. Woodsy without being masculine. Powdery while remaining youthful. Fun and yet mature.

I think a glance at the pie charts below support my claims.
5.0 5.0 7.5 4.0/10

The commercial one
I vividly remember the time when this perfume was out, every magazine had big ads of it and I could fiind samples everywhere..All the perfume stores had its ad posters, so blindingly shiny.. Definitely there was a big publicity over it. At that time I had used a sample and it felt ok, I was so blinded with the shine that whenever I wore it I was kind of feeling like s little star.. But oh well, some time later my father gave me as a christmas present a whole big bottle of it..
So the story took a whole different direction, with a clean nose it started smelling sour to me, the vanilla was nowhere to sweeten the feeling, it was just sour fruits with powder, I tried it so many times, with every kind of weather, I even wore it daily for quite some time but we never got along. The feeling I got from this perfume was just that they wanted to make an extra safe fruity vanilla scent, which are so popular nowadays and every young woman seems to enjoy, then they just paid a super model and a sexy address to do the ad, and that should do the trick.. Sadly I still sniff it in counters some time and I dont change my mind at all. Safe, commercial, and on me bad..
7.5 7.5 6.0/10

The musky one
I'm all for sweet fragrances, but unfortunately this fragrance just seemed too sweet for me.

The opening although pretty fruits, is a little too much like sticky candies overloaded with sugar. Due to this sweetness I would say that The One is a relatively young and flirtatious scent, not something to be taken seriously.

The One does mellow into a warm and pleasant oriental floral, however I can't say that I was blown over backwards by its uniqueness. The jasmine, lily and plum are pretty and certainly wearable, the most pleasant aspect of this fragrance so far.

The drydown isn't bad either, the vanilla brings back an element of syrupy sweetness which made me cringe at first but it was no where near as bad as I thought it would be, and it brings an interesting woodsy muskiness. I'll give credit to this fragrance for its excellent sillage and lasting power and its sensuality and creaminess. It is unfortunate that the scent doesn't appeal to my nose.

Not expected
Not what I expected...
The thing that most surprised me about the fragrance was the non-connection between the bottle and the scent. By looking at the bottle I was expecting more oriental and less gourmand.

Maybe it was just an overload of Jasmin (the jasmin always gets blamed).

Trucklady 156 days ago
A vague haze of sweet stuff. I can never pin it down to make a proper assessment. It is intent on being aura like. Grrr.

by Strehliwood
by Strehliwood
Bringt mich zum Schweben...
by Gandix
du bist wirklich ein einzigartig schöner Duft
by Santalwalti
The One – ein glänzendes Tröpfchen...
by GothicHeart
by GothicHeart
Eleganter Segelflug durch meinen Staudenphlox...
by Cincy
by Tani47
by Tani47
by NikkRouse10
by NikkRouse10
An 11ml EdP tester I found online - heavy!
by Sweetgrass
by Catyschatzi
by Catyschatzi
by Luxus
by Luxus

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One by Dolce & Gabbana The One Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana (1992) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Desire by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana