The One 2006 Eau de Parfum

The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design Lutz Herrmann
The One (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2006. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
LycheeLychee
Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
PeachPeach
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine
Madonna lilyMadonna lily
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
MuskMusk
PlumPlum
VanillaVanilla
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.09.2021.

my wedding scent ❤
I wore this amazing scent to my wedding 4 weeks ago.

For a long time I thought about which one I should put on. I wavered between "Flowerbomb", which I really love, "Hypnotic Poison", which was my signature for 20 years, and "The One".
In the end, it became The One.
Decisive, however, was that my husband finds the quite good.
You must know, he has so no idea of perfume, and I go to him with my madness quite beautiful on the sack. About my shrine in the bedroom he just shakes his head. :-)

So this wonderful fragrance accompanied me on my big day ❤.
I was beaming, not only because of the upcoming, fantastic event, but also because I just felt like poodle.

What I love about The One is how fruity it is.
A fruit basket full of juicy, ripe fruit; peach, plum, lychee, tangerine combined with delicate florals (oh my, it has lily of the valley in it, but I don't actually notice them). .

Peach is actually not so mine, kind of reminds me of peach iced tea or children's shampoo. But in this scent it's combo that makes it so great.

It's so velvety, soft, fruity, delicate, invigorating and cheerful ❤
The base grounds and lingers for a very long time. The combo of fruit and vanilla smells incredibly good.
Durability and silage is quite decent. Could be from me but even better. I actually spray more often after.

For me, however, this is not a winter fragrance, I wear it preferably in the summer.

The One Definitely!
Your appearance is elegant. Your Wässerchen and envelope let you guess correctly that an elegant spray, touch of luxury will delight you. About the rather wide rectangular shape it can be argued, I personally like both the high, narrow shape in Lightblue but also the wide shape as in The One.

When I spray you on I feel like a Boss Lady. In your top note, I also clearly perceive the fruity notes. But still you do not lose thereby your luxury fragrance. Then you envelop me and make me shine, I am strong and gentle at the same time, elegant, attractive but also distant, sexy and very feminine. I am quiet, but can also be loud.

It depends on the dosage, the sillage can become very strong. I became aware of this fragrance because of my work colleague at the time. She wore it and left a scent haze when walking down the hall. After I wear it myself, I am also often asked what I wear.

This fragrance is a must-have for me. I will always come back to this fragrance because it is perfect. My signature scent for a while. Time and time again it inspires me. Special enough to be worn on special occasions, and not overbearing to also be an everyday or general signature scent.

Scentility
Lilies in gold for the one
The One recently joined my collection. This one is very interesting to me. I think it smells unique for designer scents. I was craving an intoxicating white floral, and I definitely got it here. And much more. In order to properly fall in love with a perfume, you have to use your imagination a bit. I think it works that way with people as well. You romanticize the way it looks and what it’s about, and voila, you fall in love! It was not a love at first sight or sniff:) I didn’t like it the first time I smelled it, to be honest. At first I thought it smelled very strange, almost bitter and sweet at the same time, etc. But then, the next day a bit of magic happened and I couldn’t get enough of it! It reminded me strongly of the smell of the tiger lilies in my grandma’s garden. Bittersweet, intoxicating, waxy, slightly spicy, verging on the edge of desire and purity at the same time. Then, a bit of sensual vanilla and vetiver, pure mystery. It’s very inspiring! I would not call this perfume sweet necessarily, perhaps a touch of sweetness only. It’s elegant and sophisticated and sexy also, but so understated and tasteful. It’s not exactly for everyday, but could be a signature scent. It could be worn for night or day, cold or warm weather. Very versatile in a very classy luxurious bottle with a gold cap in a gold box. It’s mysterious and complex, and fits someone who wants to be somewhat different and stand out. What a lovely discovery! Not a safe blind buy, however. Try at the store before you buy in order not to be disappointed.
Not the one for me
Fruity notes do not have it easy with me. Especially when they are part of rather heavy and warm perfumes, then I often find them annoying. A good example is "currant": "La Vie est Belle" has such a delicious base, but the currant gives it a pungent and sour note that I don't like. In "Sì", the currant is again so syrupy that sometimes the scent makes me slightly nauseous. Often, fruit notes also seem very synthetic (especially strawberry and peach). This makes them remind me of children's shampoo and gives the scents a cheap touch. Only zutrische notes I actually always find beautiful.

"The One" is a scent that I wouldn't call terrible by any means. The scent base is great. Warm, elegant, feminine, silky - I love amber anyway very much. However, there are 2 spoilers in this scent as well, and unfortunately these notes play a major role in the scent's progression. The peach note (taken alone) reminds me of jam. The lily note (or the floral notes in general), adds quite a soapy touch to the whole thing. In combination with the fruity notes and the warm-soft base, the scent triggers this association in me : anti-twizz detangling spray for children's hair in the peach variety, a bar of soap (in the "classic" variety) and the whole thing paired with a simple vanilla amber scent. Bad? No. However, not necessarily my cup of tea either. Too fruity and soapy for my taste- I like the base better. Tastes are different, but I can understand why this fragrance is popular. Soberly considered, it is very feminine, soft and also somewhat elegant
80% amber
on my skin the one smells very strongly of amber, a bit floral rounded but still very distinct. is a fragrance that I would wear to professional appointments, less a classic feel-good fragrance. but that does not have to be a bad thing :-)
Tradescantia
Leaves me stumped- Fine, but he's gonna move out sooner or later
Yes, first the negative criticism: vanilla and lily I do not like together, separately in many cases.

With plum notes I have it just as hard. About the former I could have overlooked, as it is grumble at a high level.
The latter is just the way it is. Unfortunately.
An elegant cheerful fragrance.

Mainstream, but skillful. For this, the fashion of the brand is stunning. Classic, but also attractive and so often floral motifs can be found. I afforded me after a difficult phase and a success a pair of shoes from D&G, which marked for me an entry into the life of an adult. Worn I them rarely, because uncomfortable.

The fragrance is noble and warm. Jasmine, lychee, a nice peach. Vanilla and vetiver. Light woodiness, tolerably pleasant sweetness.
Unfortunately, it does not fit me as well as said pair of shoes.

Briefly I thought about a sale, but then the thought has come to me to give him to my mother. This says the essence variant namely very to.
I think that her this fragrance will also be better to face than me.
This is not to be a Verriss.
On me, the fragrance just does not come out perfectly, as it also seems to be the case with Amarige.
Alas.

I hope you enjoy the elegant warm fragrance. For this I will get me Dolce Vita, which will not be a rash impulse buy.
I've only really succeeded with one impulse buy regarding perfume : Elisabethan Rose. The old version of Penhaligon's.
What would also be a life without mistakes and successes

My Signature Fragrance
I’ve literally found the one. I fell in love with my sample and immediately purchased a full size bottle. This perfume is great anytime day or night and any climate or season.
It is sexy with jasmine and Lily of the valley, yet soothing with vanilla notes. Absolutely delicious. I’ve been wearing it to bed and can still smell myself in the morning, so great longevity.
Definitely worth every penny!
Apricot Jam
Although peaches are in the notes, The One (EdP) smells more like apricot jam to me. The scent is sweet, but is made lighter by the floral notes. Sometimes the lily of the valley comes to the fore - I wonder if that depends on the weather? I also smell something fresh like menthol in the background. The eau de toilette is more scratchy for me compared to the EdP, I can smell more flowers, especially the lily. Personally, I love the EdP. The scent is really cozy and doesn't bother me when I wear it every day (moderately applied of course). The shelf life is more than 6 hours (depending on weather and place of application)
Dolce gabbana the one
✨✨✨✨ Dolce & Gabbana the One ✨✨✨✨

Good evening, my dears. ✨✨✨

✨✨✨ Today I want to take you to the Forbidden Magic Land. ???

Let me introduce you! Magical, beautiful fairy tale scent ✨✨✨

As if he came from 1001 nights of history to enchant us with his dreamy breath. ?✨✨✨
This is the forgotten magic that is hidden deep within us. I invite you cordially to a wonderful journey through the fairy tale land... let yourself and all your senses be enchanted by the wonderful scent ✨✨✨

Imagine a land where there is no more sadness... where the sun dances with the moon. ❣❣❣ where everyone has their hearts open, because they know there's no more pain ❣❣❣

Maybe that's why I associate this fragrance with Christmas, because that's when the magic in the air is most tangible ist❤

Notes: Lychee, bergamot, peach ? ?, tangerine, plum, amber, lily, lily of the valley, musk ?
The fragrance is oriental - fruity - floral ???
I am faithful to Him
Since I fell in love with The One years ago, it has been the only fragrance from my collection that I buy and will buy again and again. He snuck into my heart and makes me very happy. I don't wear it in summer, but I'm looking forward to autumn. From then on, The One is my companion again. A hot cup of cocoa, outside it's stormy and rain is pelting down the windows, The One gives me security and warmth.
In winter, it's frosty cold, red nose, cold hands and feet, The One is cuddly like a quilt, cuddly, close to me, my only true love.
Unfortunately The One is not faithful to me, because very often he also meets me in other ladies. But that's the way it is, what is good, the others also recognize.
For me, there is no other fragrance that embodies more femininity. He has charisma, is sensual, devoted, beguiling without imposing himself. My rock in the surf. A scented dream.
Mainstream is often devalued here, I don't care, I stand by it. To be against mainstreams is in the end only mainstream again!
As this was my first comment, they'll look me up if I screwed up....

ScentwitchScentwitch 10 months ago
Sexy, provocative, delicious scent for night or day, but best worn with intention.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
A scent for fruit lovers: peach and lychee notes are very noticeable giving a particularly sweet character to this fragrance.Refined bottle.
TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
A vague haze of sweet stuff. I can never pin it down to make a proper assessment. It is intent on being aura like. Grrr.

by Strehliwood
by NikkRouse10
by NikkRouse10
by Parfuniverse
by Parfuniverse
An 11ml EdP tester I found online - heavy!
by Sweetgrass
by Catyschatzi
by Catyschatzi
by Luxus
by Luxus
by Sensitiv
by Sensitiv

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Forever by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana The One Mysterious Night by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana