The One Gentleman 2010 Eau de Toilette

The One Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design Lutz Herrmann
The One Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2010. The scent is sweet-spicy. It was last marketed by Procter & Gamble / Metropolitan Cosmetics.

Top Notes Top NotesPepper, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Fennel, Cardamom
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 22.01.2021.

A different One
The One for Gentleman was something I stumbled and bought blindly, as I loved the original The One. I quickly learned, however, that these scents are very different from each other and should not be under the same label. That said, though, The One Gentleman is a good scent that you won't smell often.

The top note is spicy - the pepper stands out. Drying is pleasant because it is less spicy but remains very fresh (due to lavender and vanilla). I think "fresh spicy" is the perfect explanation for this fragrance.

I think it's perfect for the fall. Still, I think that using it in the warmer seasons may give the perfume a better silage.

Also, as the name says, it looks a little formal. Over the weekend in jeans and a T-shirt, I often think it's a bit much. However, it is perfect for work and the office environment as it is fresh and professional. Furthermore, it is unique.

Given its price range and exclusivity, I recommend this perfume.

Elysium
Soothing soft and elegant, neither too sweet nor too powdery
Dolce & Gabbana The One Gentleman is an Oriental fragrance. I've read many discordant reviews. Some think it is a gorgeous scent, whereas some others are disappointed. I've bought them long ago. I was lucky and got the 100ml for 20 something euro. This morning I looked at the perfume consultant, and it suggested to me this one as a rarely worn. Thus, I gave it a try, and here you are what I got.

TOG opens with a blast of pepper and lavender mix, though the perfume is not aggressive. Overall, the fragrance is warm, bright, and intriguing. And as the aroma develops, the pepper fades away, and the vanilla comes forward with a sugared and sharpened melding of forces. What once was more intriguing is now more exciting, still beautiful, and seductive. At this point, and just for a concise term, I got the aromatic notes of the fennel, Its flavor is reminiscent of licorice or anise. It's merely a whiff. Either you get it or miss it. Although I found contradictory notes on many perfume's blogs like fennel, dill, and watercress, I bet the right note is fennel seeds.

As the perfume continues to morph, the sharpened edges soften, but not by much as the vanilla base continues to provide a sweetened, which clashes with the heart of gorgeous herbal smashed green cardamom pods, so balsamic and kind of a mixture of camphor, eucalyptus, and menthol.

The dry down is smoky, and it's all topped off with a blend of vanilla and patchouli, making it soft and elegant, neither too sweet nor powdery. It smells pretty good, not sure it is a unique smell. It reminds me of Ambre Noir by Yves Rocher (or perhaps that one tells this, who knows?).
It is a relatively light scent that starts quite peppery and lavenderish but soon reduces to a delicious potion of vanilla and patchouli. Since it is so modest and quiet, it is ideally suited for a professional working in an office environment. Its biggest flaw, however, is the lack of longevity, since, after only a few hours, it stays close to your skin. It does remain on clothes, though. The gourmand nature of this makes it suitable for the young set. The vanilla is very smooth in The One Gentleman, and the lavender is just aromatic enough.
I recommend TOG for the cold season like autumn and winter. Since it is not cloying, it might suit a warm spring day, and perhaps summertime, if not too hot. As for occasion, I find it suitable for daily work, business, and leisure time.
Despite average longevity and sillage, I like it and score it 8/10.

-Elysium

Lavender + Vanilla
I smell only lavender, vanilla and patchouli - a little powdery.

Personally i think it's a step below if compared to The One. Also it does not remembers the original one.

It's a very unidimensional scent that sometimes gets cloying.

Sillage, lasting power and projection are average.

Updated January 2014

Head-turning masculine
I smelt this fragrance on a man August of last year and had to know the name of it. Despite the fact I embarassed my friends by approaching random men in nightclubs and asking what cologne they were wearing, I managed to find out that the man in particular was wearing The One Gentleman.

This is incredibly sexy stuff, not to mention sophisticated too. I found the original The One for Men a little bland, but this flanker is to die for. It has prominent accords of lavender, cardamon, vanilla and patchouli. It's musky, herbaceous, woodsy, spicy and sweet all rolled into one.

It opens quite peppery and spicy, not unlike Bang by Marc Jacobs. Later it settles into a smooth vanilla and lavender blend which is the sexiest part. It's a touch dry but also quite chocolatey and creamy at the same time.

The patchouli in the base creates this gorgeous earthiness that is hard to describe. The scent also turns a little powdery in the drydown which is a surprise, but also something that I admire about this composition. This is probably one of my favourite masculine releases in the last few years. It has a lot to love about it.

There's this beautiful contrast between sweet and spicy, which makes me think that The One Gentleman could in fact be worn by brave ladies. The scent itself is unobtrusive but not too light. It leaves a lovely trail, hence the reason why I approached the man wearing it in the first place. Not to mention, the guy was incredibly cute.

Needless to say, that man that I approached wearing The One Gentleman is now my boyfriend. I didn't date him only because he smelt good, but it was part of the whole package that I just happened to fall in love with.

Rquill67Rquill67 4 months ago
This is a beautiful fragrance. Has a definite opening, mid and dry down. The dry down smells like vanilla ice cream with some orange zest.
ElysiumElysium 5 years ago
A soothing cardamom cologne, blend with sparkling pepper, sweet vanilla, and dirty patchouli. Oh man, this is so damn superb and unobtrusive!

#SOTD #D&G #theonegentleman #fall #balsamic #spicy #floral #sweet #creamy #vanilla #patchouli #elegant
by Golcher
by Bnd007
by Beautycase
by Beautycase

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana The One Mysterious Night by Dolce & Gabbana