The One Mysterious Night 2018

The One Mysterious Night by Dolce & Gabbana
The One Mysterious Night is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2018. The scent is oriental-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose absolute, Oud, Clary sage
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Precious woods, Labdanum, Tonka bean

Submitted by PBregovich, last update on 07.05.2021.

Tame Rose Imame
The "The One" series or the original was without a doubt one of my starting points almost a decade ago here on Parfumo and generally into the fragrant hobby. But why I was not as keen on the three Arabic-inspired offshoots as I was on, say, new A*Men? I can't say exactly. Maybe there were too many The Ones over the years, which were rather disappointing. Maybe the magic of the original at the time remains unattainable. Maybe it's their rather difficult availability or testability here in Europe. Nevertheless, "Mysterious Night" now landed as the first spin-off of the series here in my collection - and it makes my heart and nose jump for joy! Almost like back then.

"The One Mysterious Night" is an arabesque stallion full of warmth, amber and still slight traits of the classic "One" DNA. But basically, saffron and one of the juiciest roses I've ever smelled dominate here. The whole scent is just a revelation. I don't even want to imagine how the perfume can work with a high-end, maybe subtly dark red suit. Famously Squishy, squishy, softly spicy. Some niche houses/collections take hundreds of euros for this - I got it for a fraction of that. It was worth it to have it flown in. I think it's also limited or at least not available forever. It makes me really want to buy it's two relatives Luminous and Royal. I just hope the differences don't turn out too timid. And they are still available somewhere (without moon prices). "Mysterious Night" buys a few of the rose's prettiest facets, anyway, coloring it nocturnally glittery without being cheesy. No dominant oud. Saffron never intrudes here I think, even more sensitive noses to the distinctive spice. Infinitely rich.

Flacon: noble, heavy affair
Sillage: evening lighter, nightingale. Beautifully noticeable.
Longevity: 9 hours. No problems like some of its brethren had/have.

Conclusion: an Arabic treat of the very first kajüte. This makes the dunes glow, this makes camels fly, this is not a mirage
The Arabian Prince
Great fragrance that most after the smell with me at her last Dubai trip errinert. I find the fragrance with its high-quality ingredients really well done and acts authentically Arab especially with the noble Arab flacon he deserves for me the title Arabian prince. In addition, the durability is überdurschnittlich on my skin it lasts between 9 to 10 hours approximately with an equally überdürschnittlichen sillage which is well perceptible over several hours. In addition, the fragrance is despite its noble ingredients easily affordable you can find 150ml for about 80 euros which is really a top price for a perfume in the league!

Rquill67
Well poised in the genre!
D&G's The One Mysterious Night is well poised in the genre of middle eastern smelling fragrances in the marketplace. It's not rough, animalic, dense or overly sweet (because of the grapefruit). The grapefruit is probably the only resemblance to the rest of the flankers for D&G's "The One" and is in the base. The Oud is very light and just enough for some North American palates I imagine. Personally I like dense, animalic and sweet fragrances, and funny that I like this one too because it does remind me of the lighter Arabic fragrances. The stand-out in this fragrance is the rose and the saffron; and here's the "rub" (so to speak); the fragrance is really a North American interpretation of a middle eastern fragrance, but to noses that like middle eastern fragrances it doesn't deliver enough of the notes we enjoy; and thus confusion in some reviews. I have the One EDP, Royal Night, and now Mysterious Night, and I'm happy I picked up this flanker. Next it's the 2020 version of the One. I give Mysterious Night an 8 / 10, and truly this really is a great fragrance and I highly recommend!

Mike1337Mike1337 2 years ago
Head: Oriental, church incense. Too storng.
Heart: Nice rose wood
Base: Now the rose becomes rose-sweet. Too sweet.

by Royalo
by Royalo

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana D&G Feminine by Dolce & Gabbana