The One for Men 2008 Eau de Toilette

The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design Lutz Herrmann
The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2008. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Grapefruit, Coriander
Heart Notes Heart NotesGinger, Cardamom, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Tobacco, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.05.2021.

KevinGrey
The master of the creamy
Dolce & Gabbana - The One. You love it, or you can't do anything with it. I'm so in the middle!

I had already heard and read so much about it.... So many swear by it, so many think it's THE fragrance par excellence, a must-have, a pantydropper, an ultimate gorgeous scent .... And I knew him still so gladly.
I had to test it.

So I did. The first time on paper and with a slight cold. Since I have nothing at all wargenommen!

The second time again on paper with a free nose. Well, an almond creamy scent that reminded me of a well-known body lotion with almond milk. Nice, but there I can also use the much cheaper and better for the skin lotion. Enthusiasm looked different.
But if so many are so enthusiastic .....!?

A last CHance on the own skin he should now still get:

It's just caramel creamy. Still reminds of the said body lotion. A beautiful fragrance, which I probably also like to smell. The nicest of the creamy ones I know.
But even so smell I would not want.

Only from the fourth hour I perceive in the background a spicy-woody note, which makes him a little more interesting. On me, it lasts a good 10 hours, then becomes skin tight, but remains present. But now the creaminess and woodiness are in balance. Now I would want to wear it too! But 10 hours lead time.... No.

Still, it is and always will be a favorite Seducer scent. And as such, there's certainly nothing wrong with having it in your inventory. I myself use it but only if I know exactly that my counterpart loves this fragrance. A small amount is enough for me. And here I also recommend to use the "Intense". The fragrance is the same, but is stronger, more present.
SirFragrance
The One ... The one among the fragrances?
To anticipate the answer, "No", but if you can only have one, the answer to the question becomes more difficult, because you can do nothing wrong with him. His fragrance DNA is even more special for a Douglas typical fragrance yet he comes along pleasing and does not antagonize. Among the entry level and low budget fragrances, it certainly plays right up front. Why it wouldn't be my choice if I could only own one fragrance is that in a crowd of perfume wearers, it quickly seems like you're the only one not wearing a fragrance because it just disappears quickly. In terms of charisma, it definitely comes off worse here on Parfumo than it looks in reality, because it is in the time where it is not tracked, every now and then slightly noticeable, but more than mediocre he is in this discipline then again. I even find that he is more in the air than his successor the eu de perfume, which is more in the direction of Hautnah goes but relatively much longer holds. Attention who now assumes Beast Mode kind of durability will be sorely disappointed, because the Edp namely does not last that long. The original is lighter than it the Edp and rather for the day meant. I would wear it in early spring and autumn. Already because of the beautiful flacon he belongs in the collection and moves soon with me again

A Bit Fun, A Bit Dated!
Fantastic!
Let's face it, it smells good. The picky wife LOVES it, the eccentric husband loves it.

Yes, it's popular, yes, a lot of people wear it, yes, it's "designer" and not "niche", and yes, it's GREAT!!
Thankfully, there's barely any grapefruit to ruin the opening. It is exactly as described: warm spicy tobacco.

While the tobacco note is definitely there, I would prefer it to be even stronger with a little less amber. I have to find a bottle of pure tobacco essential oil and add it to this (hmmm).

People write about sillage and projection issues. Do you wear a fragrance for YOU or for others? If for others, then your opinion of the scent is less than worthless. Pour a bottle of CK One on your head.

If for YOU, then enjoy smelling the scent like I do.

But for the sake of adding some info to the review, a woman hugged me and said "wow! You smell...manly". I said "thanks, I know"

Nostalgic
Oh, this one is just like eating Kinder Surprise as a kid. I've bought it blind(always do that, I like to surprise myself) and from first spray... Oh, God, that smell was just an amazing. I thought that's the one of those perfumes you're going to use whole your life. Well, sadly, after only 1 hour, you can't smell it anymore(on clothes, from short distance obvsly you can smell it) and you have to spray again and again,and again. But, this is the most complimented perfumes that I've. I remembered when I came to work and my co-worker said "what is that smell, it smells amazing" and I was flattered. I believe the best compliment you can get from other person is that you smell amazing. I always keep bottle of this perfume in my home but when I'm going somewhere out I've to bring it with me, because I've constantly respray it on myself. From one point, that's the best smell you can get anywhere, from another point, the performance of this perfume is ver bad for this price range. I would still recommend to buy this perfume at least once in your lifetime(or smell them in fragrance shop). This was one of Jeremy's recommendation that was very truthful

Hard to dislike it - but after 1 hour
Sooo many positive reviews and youtube videos on this one. Masculine, versatile, office friendly. So it was a blind buy for me, what can be go wrong eh?

Well after the first spray I immidiately disliked it. Um, what, this cheapo smelling, boring water is the overhyped TOP fragrance? I cannot belive it.. Of course a smart person dont judge a book because its cover, so its time to wait for the drydown. After a couple of hours I realized I cannot check the drydown because the fragrance is gone from my skin. Oookay then, lets try it on my clothes.Second time the top notes are as bad as I remember from the last time.. But after some time the drydown is here! Aaand its really well rounded, with a bit of Tobacco and Amber. I can not even explain the complexity of the drydrown: Its sweet, but not too sweet. Its tobacco-ish, but its not the main accord. Its woody, but the overall smell is not the typical woody character. There are some fruityness too. And the magic is here: Its mascine enough to wear with a leather jacket, but gentle enough to use it with a suit, and sophisticated enough to use it in an office.

I Cannot imagine a place or situation where The One does not fit, but not like a Sauvage-like “its okay but not too good”, but a much better way: Its pleasant enough to be the unhateable smell anywhere, but its sillage is weak enough to avoid any negative commenta from its overprojecting.
Aphilia
You're perfect and beautiful... Hey, where'd you go?
This is probably the best way to sum up this fragrance. At least from my point of view. The first time I wore The One, I was in shock infatuation. Eyes for the girl that was the actual occasion, I somehow didn't. Instead, I kept fidgeting with my top and once caught myself saying "oh god does he smell awesome". What the escort must have thought about it?

The One has a surprisingly fresh opening despite its seductive and warm character. This is accompanied by a certain sweetness, which is not at all exaggerated or intrusive, but joins in sweetly.
The interplay of this certain "warm freshness", the sweetness and the spiciness result in an incredibly seductive and attractive men's fragrance.
If I could decide how I would like to smell, I would want to smell like this one!
Despite that the fragrance is seductive, it absolutely does not seem cheap or like that of a playboy. Quite the opposite, I find that the fragrance seems noble.

But then the well-known downside. Surely my nose is not the finest and most practiced. But after a maximum of two hours on my skin is of this absolutely wonderful fragrance nothing more to smell. Maximum skin close he is still there, but evenly only for someone who does not wear it and has not yet become accustomed to it.
And there helps for me also no Eau de Parfum, because it is recommended instead from all sides, but simply this freshness, this sweetness, this seductive does not reflect.

Dear Mr. Dolce, dear Mr. Gabbana: please make once durable and you have probably created the best and most popular men's fragrance in this world.

So, to my great regret, this touch of perfection is soon gone. Unfortunately.

PedroCabral
Glad that i bought this One!
The more I use this lovely fragrance, the more I fall in love with it! I can not get enough! And yes, it has that seductive and stylish European touch!

The tobacco/ginger/amber mix is ​​really wonderful!
It is so captivating and distinctive... it has that "luxurious" aroma that makes you taste it!

The projection is really a gap, as it is below reasonable. Still, everyone interacts in a unique way with each fragrance, therefore, no common rules for projection.

As for the quality of the materials, I believe that all the materials used are really top quality. As long as you can identify the "persona" of each ingredient, and even more, you can smell the combined "persona" of the perfume. It is a true indicator of how high quality the materials are.

Even the bottle, the bottle cap and the color of the packaging are all in the same direction with the perfume! The bottle interacts very well with the juice it contains, conveying that luxurious message even without smelling it!

The bottle cap with its color really reflects the smell, a subtle amber tobacco! The packaging color and font color are all the same: luxurious and sophisticated things inside! In addition to this, I have the collector's bottle, which is even more beautiful!

Well, in general, it is a top quality material that we have here.
It is probably the best (male) fragrance that D&G has ever produced (I have The One Gentleman, but it has nothing to do with this masterpiece).

It is not perfect because its performance leaves a little to be desired (it is possible to have better performance by choosing EDP). But I think it is a mandatory purchase for most men, considering the incredible aroma of this perfume.

Alanitoo
A modern classic but with notoriously bad longevity!
What an amazing fragrance, hands down one of my favorites, rich and gourmand, perfect for evenings and colder days, but unfortunately it doesn't have the best performance. but i'll always be repurchasing this again. At least a decant to hold onto and wear once in a while.
RikR315
If it weren't for durability....
DOLCE&GABBANA The One is one of the first fragrances I was allowed to put in my collection. From the very beginning I was enthusiastic about The One, it is wonderfully spicy and woody sweet with a slight freshness that I can perceive. I chose the Eau de Tiolette version, which was a little sweeter and more pleasant for me at the time. Today I would rather go for the Eau de Parfum version.
Unfortunately, there's still the problem of durability, if it were much better, I would pay double for The One. Unfortunately the scent experience is only of short duration, about 3-4 hours. After that it is not really noticeable. The design of the bottle and the outer packaging are very well done for me. Because of the durability, I would buy The One again and again in the sale. The fragrance makes up for it somewhere, the problem with the shelf life Can anyone else recommend me a good alternative, which is already similar to The One but lasts longer?
Delijafrag33
Things always turn out differently than you think..
I had my first encounter with "The One Edt" about 10 years ago during a weekend trip in Zagreb / Croatia. Since I didn't find the city so exciting after all, I went to a perfumery and wanted to see if this could improve my mood a bit. After a few unsuccessful tests, it was The One Edt's turn and behold, my mood had suddenly improved significantly. I really liked the scent, did not think about it for long and took it with me immediately. But what came after that, I just could not understand. The scent was really great, but after only a short time it was no longer noticeable. I actually started to believe that it wasn't an original and that I was probably being knocked around... I didn't want to let it sit on me anymore and immediately went to the first perfumery near me and did more tests. And then it was also clear that I had an original perfume at home. I was really very disappointed and I couldn't believe that with such a beautiful scent you couldn't get more out of durability and sillage... From that moment on it was clear to me that I would not buy this perfume again. I kept at it for several years until I found it in a drugstore in a clearance sale about 3 years ago. 50ml for 15,- Euro was simply a great offer and I took it with me... The lousy durability was still there but the smell was still very nice. I wanted to wear it from time to time, but not necessarily on special occasions or if I wanted to impress someone with it, because I thought that after a short time nobody would notice it anyway... And how did it happen? Not at all what I expected, of course... About two years ago I had my first date with a special lady... But since I was very late, I forgot to put on perfume and ran out of the house "naked". I got in the car and it was only then that I noticed this disaster. Luckily I had The One in the glove compartment and what can I tell you now... "The One" charmed the lady that night so much that she now carries my family name. The One is her favorite perfume and so I will "be allowed" to buy it again and again... I have also tested the EDP a few times lately, but my wife says that there is only "the one" and that is "The One Edt"!

PedroCabralPedroCabral 19 days ago
Slightly sweet and elegantly woody, this fragrance reminds me of a glamorous event, with whiskey, suit and tie.
50something50something 2 months ago
Fair to midland. It smells ok, but I was expecting to be blown away. Still waiting. I do like layering this with Bentley Absolute Intense.
DemeteraDemetera 3 months ago
It lasts only 1 hour, so hard to say anything from its smell (Versatile, mature Amber-tobacco btw). Not bad, but its not as good as its hype
Nik604Nik604 10 months ago
In the very end only your individual skin matters! The whole world crying about bad longevity, but on me this thing lasts 10 hours!
ElysiumElysium 1 year ago
I love amber, I love tobacco, and I love wood. I seem The One's all about those elements and the harmony of tobacco, so I surely like it.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 1 year ago
could be a great perfume with a better performance but the weak longevity and the even inexistent sillage dont add value to the nice smell
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
warm, ssweet, lightly spicy with a Smoky accent, it's a good balanced fragrance wearable by her too! Average sillage and refined bottle
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
A sexy EDT and a ladies pleaser. It's ONE expensive fragrance we can advise for a blind buy. An amber~tobacco gem but with low performance.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
It lasts one hour max
Syzygy73Syzygy73 3 years ago
A decent spiced amber scent that peters out a little too soon. With a bit more bang this would be an excellent fragrance, but alas not.

Der Maestro.
by Tibor
by Core64
by Core64

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Forever by Dolce & Gabbana D&G Feminine by Dolce & Gabbana