The One for Men 2015Eau de Parfum

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design Lutz Herrmann
Top 7 in Men's Perfume
The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Grapefruit, Coriander
Heart Notes Heart NotesGinger, Cardamom, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Tobacco, Cedar

Submitted by Gonsada, last update on 18.01.2021.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana, which differs in concentration.

That's it?
In advance, I have this fragrance here blind ersoukt and hope I was not fooled with a doupe bottled in the original bottle.

The fragrance itself is yes quite pleasant to smell, however, it is overly weak with me. So from an 8.6 rated, ultra-hyped fragrance like this I had expected full on the face. It came, unfortunately, a shallow nose tickler of a 1.50 leek.
Unfortunately, or fortunately, I have seen in retrospect here that others also complain about it what. But well now to the fragrance.

The scent is really quite pleasant, nice sexy-sweet-spicy. The orange and tobacco come out the strongest for me. So also quite good in winter in front of the fireplace to cuddle up with a sweet girl in your arms that the lack of sillage according to you very close to the neck hangs to enjoy the fragrance. So in the hinsicht as a 2nd date fragrance probably quite good, for a first date he gives too little distinctive impressions in the Dufttwshrnehmung, since you have to convince then probably with character because the fragrance does not do it at the distance. But it's not always just about beguiling the fair sex. So in everyday life as a university fragrance, it is determined excellent?
The Gentleman
One of the fragrances that never loses its luster despite its older DNA. It starts sexy and fruity. The tobacco becomes stronger with time. The fruits take a back seat. The amber I think I can also perceive. It's seductive Radiated authority but reserved.

He would have the potential to be a niche fragrance if there were not the poor durability and sillage. He should not be missing in my opinion in any collection. Thanks to its low radiance, however, he often remains unfortunately untouched in the closet.

The flacon I find okay. Nothing special. Only with full content looks the color of The One already interesting.
The beguiling sweetness
Up to now there were only 2 kinds of fragrances for me. Woody and spicy or fresh and aquatic. So my scent curriculum vitae was rather one-dimensional or limited. Then, a few months ago, my lady of my heart entered my life and the desire for fragrances that also appeal to the female sex was awakened. Again and again I was recommended The One EDP. And as I can now confirm, quite rightly.

The One EDP has an incredibly sensual and beguiling sweetness, but at the same time it is balanced with a pleasant spice. This is currently for me the perfect sweetness in a fragrance.

With 4 sprays the scent lasts for about 8 hours on my skin, which is perfectly ok in my eyes. The price-performance ratio is absolutely excellent at the discounters.
Last love
Oh, yes, "The One" by Dolce & Gabbana. My very first fragrance with my very first trainee salary. It all started with you. The passion for good scents. The habit of never leaving the house without scent without feeling naked. Learning what a "top note" is. Learning what "sillage" means. The discovery of perfume. Top Ten Fragrance For Men YouTube videos and so on...

I would like to dedicate to you briefly the song of Prince Pi - Last Love:

You are my last love, I thought The last one I'm lying next to, I thought
I trusted us two hundred percent But then our Arctic is thawed
You are my last love, I thought The last one I'm lying next to, I thought
I trusted us two hundred percent But sometimes eternity stops

Your bottle may be almost empty by now. But I don't feel the need to buy you again. I've evolved. My collection has evolved. New favorites have replaced you.

But the memories with you remain - forever.

Well blended!
The EDP for “The One” by D&G is beautiful and worth a blind buy. I’m not much into the grapefruit or ginger notes but this version of The One is well blended; less harsh than the original. I don’t own, and won’t own the original, but this one is great. I like the dry sweetness from the amber. I get a little bit of tobacco and cardamom but on my skin the citrus takes over. For some reason my skin chemistry doesn’t like grapefruit or lemon and I stay away from freshies because of how they smell on my skin. All that said this version works on me for some reason. Give this an 8/10 because I’ve smelled the EDP Intense (2020) version and enjoy that version even more.
The One...
...I would never buy again. Blind buy and bad buy. I don't get the hype, much like "La Nuit De L'Homme." I don't like it and I'm not attracted to it. Smells very synthetic in my opinion and I wouldn't want to wear it on any occasion, feel uncomfortable when I smell this fragrance. Let the hate begin ;)
The shower gel perfection
Top 10 men's fragrances, a rating of 8.6 and lots of enthusiastic comments here on Parfumo, what could go wrong I thought.
Sample Ordered, eagerly awaiting the arrival of this, unpacked and immediately sprayed on.
And then?

Do you know that if you press an open, half-empty bottle of shower gel and immediately a breath of wind with a gentle fragrance blows out of the opening towards you ?
I had the same impression when I first smelled The One for Men.

I had actually hoped for more and somehow I found it boring.
Not because the smell was bad, not at all, but because I had felt it 1000 times in my nose.

But all right, now it's here, and now you're gonna taste it, I figured.
Sprayed again and smelled again.
And yes, I do like him. I can't get that image of shower gel out of my head Some of you may think to yourself: "so my shower gel doesn't smell like that."
I used AXE shower gels and deodorants when I was a teenager, and I remember them smelling exactly the same, but with less finesse and more synthetics But just then a thought came to me:

Does this fragrance even smell like shower gel or does shower gel smell like it?

To be honest, I think it's simply because perfumer Oliver Polge has definitely tried to create an almost stereotypically masculine fragrance, one that shouldn't offend anyone and can be worn by anyone. Similar to the scents of a drugstore shower gel.

The result is a good fragrance that for me smells at the beginning mainly of orange and a little bit of basil. It is quite sweet, but still on a bearable level and because of the shower gel association it has something very fresh for me.
If you give the fragrance some time, light tobacco and cedar notes unfold but unfortunately this is also his biggest problem. Before this point is reached, and the base notes can really come into their own, the fragrance is almost faded. Durability and the sillage are unfortunately simply not good !

Because it is hardly ever teasing you can wear it to various occasions and especially the typical male DNA makes it a good date scent candidate, unfortunately in this case secret spraying is required if you want to get away with it all evening.

Short summary :
Good smell with known DNA, bad H+S.
You can definitely try it, the good one is also quite cheap.
Can also understand why many people like him, but with this score I had hoped for more.
Berrroo
The date scent number one?
To anticipate, yes, in this price range, it is he, the date fragrance number one!

But how does that happen?
The extremely seductive fragrance from D&G is very easy to like due to its sweet orange accord in the heart note and the spicy and woody notes in the base.
So the fragrance itself is great, but there is always a shady side - the H+S, on my skin relatively good, but unfortunately this is not the case with the majority. If you really only want to use the fragrance on dates, 5 splashes would be sufficient for the evening, but if you want to use it in everyday life, office or at parties etc. you should consider buying a bag diffuser. For anyone who doubts... I can only give you this fragrance, because he is an absolute compliment monster, and quite cheap However, if you are too scared of the H+S and want to dig deeper into your wallet for something better, a TF Noir Extreme will do the job.
Sweet rum
On warmer days it smells like sweet, heavy rum to me. Interestingly, on cold days with dry air, the grapefruit is very present. Pleasant scent which I would rate as very safe

A lot of glamour...
...and hardly be anything. This perfume is pretty much everything I despise about mainstream perfumery today. Nuanced sugar waters, without character and without any recognizable notes are produced and brought to the market like clockwork.

Under notes there could be instead of tobacco, caramel, rose, sugar, ...glass of water, camomile, stone, bicycle chain...it could all be there and people would imagine it all exactly as it was given and the aahhs and ohhhhs would have no end.

There's no head, heart or base here. A sweet, indefinable broth that only came into existence when people could no longer smell the EdT version on their skin after 5 minutes. Well, the EdP version now lasts 15 minutes on the skin.

BielwenassBielwenass 9 days ago
Shower gel scent, gone in a couple hours.
Mohdt966Mohdt966 3 months ago
A beautiful smell, but very common and familiar now, no longer special, a new edition needed...
Arman038Arman038 4 months ago
A lovely sweet-spicy scent. The longevity is awful, but it shouldn't stop you getting this one. I love it!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 months ago
Clean opening with grapefruit and coriander. Then comes a very well blended scent of tobacco, cardamom, amber and a woodsy note. Alluring.
GreMuserGreMuser 6 months ago
That's definitely one of the best fragrances ever.
Dan81Dan81 8 months ago
Mindless reach in Fall; generic but sexy, sexy, sexy. Good for close encounter but weak going out. Easily overcome by a portable atomizer
Aquarius1Aquarius1 11 months ago
Divine scent, very unique. If only others could notice it. Performance is weak, The One that dies in your pores.
KimJongKimJong 12 months ago
Very satisfactory. Moderate sweetness with the pluffy texture unique to D&G. One of the few dignity scents that can please the public.
BumpyumaBumpyuma 12 months ago
Beautiful smell - Average projection for about 1 hour - Night time
DPArtistDPArtist 2 years ago
It's a pleasant scent, but I just don't get what all the hype is about. Even The EDP is super soft, suitable for intimate occasions only.

by Sockosophie
by MisterG
by FruchtKnecht
by FruchtKnecht

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana D&G Feminine by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Amber Sun by Dolce & Gabbana