The One for Men (2015)Eau de Parfum

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design Lutz Herrmann

Top 9 in Men's Perfume
The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Olivier Polge

Submitted by Gonsada, last update on 09.08.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana, which differs in concentration.

Well blended!
The EDP for “The One” by D&G is beautiful and worth a blind buy. I’m not much into the grapefruit or ginger notes but this version of The One is well blended; less harsh than the original. I don’t own, and won’t own the original, but this one is great. I like the dry sweetness from the amber. I get a little bit of tobacco and cardamom but on my skin the citrus takes over. For some reason my skin chemistry doesn’t like grapefruit or lemon and I stay away from freshies because of how they smell on my skin. All that said this version works on me for some reason. Give this an 8/10 because I’ve smelled the EDP Intense (2020) version and enjoy that version even more.
The One...
...I would never buy again. Blind buy and bad buy. I don't get the hype, much like "La Nuit De L'Homme." I don't like it and I'm not attracted to it. Smells very synthetic in my opinion and I wouldn't want to wear it on any occasion, feel uncomfortable when I smell this fragrance. Let the hate begin ;)
The shower gel perfection
Top 10 men's fragrances, a rating of 8.6 and lots of enthusiastic comments here on Parfumo, what could go wrong I thought.
Sample Ordered, eagerly awaiting the arrival of this, unpacked and immediately sprayed on.
And then?

Do you know that if you press an open, half-empty bottle of shower gel and immediately a breath of wind with a gentle fragrance blows out of the opening towards you ?
I had the same impression when I first smelled The One for Men.

I had actually hoped for more and somehow I found it boring.
Not because the smell was bad, not at all, but because I had felt it 1000 times in my nose.

But all right, now it's here, and now you're gonna taste it, I figured.
Sprayed again and smelled again.
And yes, I do like him. I can't get that image of shower gel out of my head Some of you may think to yourself: "so my shower gel doesn't smell like that."
I used AXE shower gels and deodorants when I was a teenager, and I remember them smelling exactly the same, but with less finesse and more synthetics But just then a thought came to me:

Does this fragrance even smell like shower gel or does shower gel smell like it?

To be honest, I think it's simply because perfumer Oliver Polge has definitely tried to create an almost stereotypically masculine fragrance, one that shouldn't offend anyone and can be worn by anyone. Similar to the scents of a drugstore shower gel.

The result is a good fragrance that for me smells at the beginning mainly of orange and a little bit of basil. It is quite sweet, but still on a bearable level and because of the shower gel association it has something very fresh for me.
If you give the fragrance some time, light tobacco and cedar notes unfold but unfortunately this is also his biggest problem. Before this point is reached, and the base notes can really come into their own, the fragrance is almost faded. Durability and the sillage are unfortunately simply not good !

Because it is hardly ever teasing you can wear it to various occasions and especially the typical male DNA makes it a good date scent candidate, unfortunately in this case secret spraying is required if you want to get away with it all evening.

Short summary :
Good smell with known DNA, bad H+S.
You can definitely try it, the good one is also quite cheap.
Can also understand why many people like him, but with this score I had hoped for more.
Berrroo
The date scent number one?
To anticipate, yes, in this price range, it is he, the date fragrance number one!

But how does that happen?
The extremely seductive fragrance from D&G is very easy to like due to its sweet orange accord in the heart note and the spicy and woody notes in the base.
So the fragrance itself is great, but there is always a shady side - the H+S, on my skin relatively good, but unfortunately this is not the case with the majority. If you really only want to use the fragrance on dates, 5 splashes would be sufficient for the evening, but if you want to use it in everyday life, office or at parties etc. you should consider buying a bag diffuser. For anyone who doubts... I can only give you this fragrance, because he is an absolute compliment monster, and quite cheap However, if you are too scared of the H+S and want to dig deeper into your wallet for something better, a TF Noir Extreme will do the job.
Sweet rum
On warmer days it smells like sweet, heavy rum to me. Interestingly, on cold days with dry air, the grapefruit is very present. Pleasant scent which I would rate as very safe

A masterpiece
Although the edt to me is underwhelming and overrated to me, just one spray of the edp and I was sold, it is an absolute masterpiece.

One of the most overused comments in the frag community is “everyone is wearing it”. Out of every mainstream and popular fragrances out there, I have rarely picked up even the most popular fragrances. Most men just don’t wear fragrances!

But then at age 56 and married, my clubbing days are well behind me so this may be the reason for this perceived overused comment, in truth I don’t get out enough to know better.

Regardless, I will always wear what I like even if “everyone is wearing it”. Life is too short and this one is too good to pass up.

Be sure to carry an atomizer and spray as required. I do 6 sprays every 2 hours, double spraying in 3 places, chest and Inner elbow bend areas.

A lot of glamour...
...and hardly be anything. This perfume is pretty much everything I despise about mainstream perfumery today. Nuanced sugar waters, without character and without any recognizable notes are produced and brought to the market like clockwork.

Under notes there could be instead of tobacco, caramel, rose, sugar, ...glass of water, camomile, stone, bicycle chain...it could all be there and people would imagine it all exactly as it was given and the aahhs and ohhhhs would have no end.

There's no head, heart or base here. A sweet, indefinable broth that only came into existence when people could no longer smell the EdT version on their skin after 5 minutes. Well, the EdP version now lasts 15 minutes on the skin.

The Channing Tatum among the fragrances
A famous youtuber says about the fragrance one, that is the Channing Tatum of fragrances. In my opinion, it is the Matthew McConaughey! I think D&G have already thought about using him as an advertising figure! Because the man is male, sexiest alive and Oscar winner;)

But let's move on to the fragrance or first of all the bottle! I still find it successful and timeless to this day. This orange perfume oil, surrounded by black and brown colors, comes across as stylish and makes Juice look seductive. You can easily guess what to expect. The fragrance starts spicy sweet and later develops into an amber, tobacco like direction.
Durability and sillage are within limits. In my case these are the good 6-8 hours when the scent is more body oriented most of the time and therefore still suitable in summer. But not at too high temperatures people ;) 10/10 compliments I have not received for the fragrance yet, because maybe that is because the fragrance is so well known and everybody knows each other.

As an Occasion super for dates and even for the office, because I have not yet met a man who does not like the scent or even knows it :D

For a mainstreamer, it belongs in every collection, since Olivier Polge today makes fragrances exclusively for Chanel.

All in all he lets in a little Matthew McConaughey s scent
The One...
...eau de Parfum.
Should not be inferior to the EdT in scent by any means, the performance should be a little better.
At least that's what it was like to read here and listen to YouTube in various videos.
An upgrade, which seems to be tailor-made, since the fragrance character already has a certain cult status and enjoys great popularity, both with the mainstream and with connoisseurs In general, it is not really the rule that EdP only increases the concentration of the ingredients, but the fragrance itself remains largely untouched.
But in this case, the right decision.
About the fragrance: The One starts fresh and spicy, with a particular note of basil and grapefruit. It quickly develops a pleasant sweetness and I think I smell the orange blossom. The scent retains this for the next two hours, before it fades away spicy and woody.
All in all a very beautiful composition.
The Sillage is very good in the first half hour, but then unfortunately becomes very close very quickly. The shelf life is about 4 hours for me. This is not very strong, but compared to the EdT it is a significant increase.
Since The One is very sweet and spicy, I would rather assign it to the colder seasons, but I would also wear it on cooler spring or summer days. Last but not least, since no component is unpleasantly burping and it generally comes across rather discreet.
It is also portable for the entire spectrum of perfume enthusiasts.
In my environment it is consistently well to very well received.
For me, it has been a solid everyday scent for the last two years, whether at school or at work. However, due to the moderate performance I have decanted it into a pocket sprayer and after a few hours I help out if I feel that the fragrance has let me down.
Of course you can also use it like this when celebrating.
In my opinion, the eau de parfum is the best flanker in the range. This was especially noticeable with the latest offspring of The One's...

LG
Cngz95
A unique piece and a heartthrob
How could I have survived for years in the world of perfume without ever having tested The One?

Today was that day and I was sent a sample of the beautiful scent. From top note to base note, it was a dream. I haven't smelled anything that good in a really long time. It is dark, fruity, a little sweet and present.

Incredibly great Dufr for the cold days, pleases the women's world probably also very well and is a compliment magnet.

Priced really very affordable, not cheap but also nothing compared to other fragrances at this level.

I'll buy a bottle of this!

GreMuserGreMuser 19 days ago
That's definitely one of the best fragrances ever.
Dan81Dan81 84 days ago
Mindless reach in Fall; generic but sexy, sexy, sexy. Good for close encounter but weak going out. Easily overcome by a portable atomizer
Aquarius1Aquarius1 159 days ago
Divine scent, very unique. If only others could notice it. Performance is weak, The One that dies in your pores.
KimJongKimJong 6 months ago
Very satisfactory. Moderate sweetness with the pluffy texture unique to D&G. One of the few dignity scents that can please the public.
BumpyumaBumpyuma 7 months ago
Beautiful smell - Average projection for about 1 hour - Night time
DPArtistDPArtist 20 months ago
It's a pleasant scent, but I just don't get what all the hype is about. Even The EDP is super soft, suitable for intimate occasions only.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 23 months ago
Nice perfume. Warm and cozy. Not so good performance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Sexy & alluring! It really pleases the gentle sex.
It's The One expensive fragrance we can advise: Blind buy it!
An amber & tobacco gem.
PMRP12PMRP12 4 years ago
Sexy in a bottle. One of the best smelling fragrances out there. Universal appeal through a masterful blend of spices and amber sweetness.

by Shuqush
by MisterG
by FruchtKnecht
by FruchtKnecht

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana