The One for Men 2015 Eau de Parfum

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design Lutz Herrmann
Top 12 in Men's Perfume
8.6 / 101900 Ratings
The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette)

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBasilBasil GrapefruitGrapefruit CorianderCoriander
Heart Notes Heart NotesGingerGinger CardamomCardamom Orange blossomOrange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber TobaccoTobacco CedarCedar

8.61900 Ratings

Submitted by Gonsada, last update on 25.05.2022.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana, which differs in concentration.

Great, but it May Not be The One for You
When I started building a fragrance collection, one fragrance that women recommended with consistency was Dolce & Gabanna's The One.

Afterward, I looked into online reviews and learned more from several fragrance sites (including Parfumo). With more praise, I took a shot in the dark and bought it blind.

Despite some issues, I have zero regrets!

----

The best way to describe Dolce & Gabanna's The One Eau de Parfum is that it reminds me of moments where intimacy becomes intense and more sexual.

The One EdP is an excellent blend of spicy, woody, and earthy notes such as cardamom, coriander, basil, ginger, cedar, and amber. It also combines grapefruit and orange blossom notes to give it a slight hint of sweetness that is smooth and not overbearing.

If you are into spicy or woody/earthy notes in a fragrance, The One EdP is an overall outstanding scent.

----

Despite the outstanding scent, the biggest complaint about The One EdP is its performance.

The sillage and projection are minimal, but that is not necessarily a bad point. This means The One is not a fragrance for a potential superstar seeking to draw eyes (and noses) upon him as he enters a room in a bar, social gathering, or nightclub.

However, the bigger point of critique is the lack of longevity. An EdP fragrance that is more optimal in the cooler winter months should last for most of the day. Instead, The One only lasts a maximum of six hours. If this fragrance was an Eau de Toilette flanker, the longevity would be a non-issue. However, for an EdP, it is severely lacking.

----

If one wishes to take advantage of the lack of projection, The One works well as an office fragrance, or one to be used in downtime. I can also see it working as a daily fragrance if a person wears it for themselves and not others.

I already mentioned that this is not a fragrance for the attention seeker because of the lack of longevity and sillage.

However, if anyone wants an outstanding masculine fragrance that will work through a date night or an intimate encounter without drawing attention from other people, The One EdP shines brilliantly as a reasonably priced top option for most men.

Let the date, significant other, or spouse discover and enjoy the fragrance.

----

Overall, if men are looking for an enduring fragrance to wear for a long night or a versatile fragrance that is usable in most social situations, The One EdP is horrible for them because of the lack of projection and longevity are that bad.

However, The One EdP is an exceptional masculine fragrance for men who want to enhance their presence to only their date or significant other, or use it as a scent for the bedroom. The fragrance helps with that, without appearing to try too hard or breaking the bank account.

NOT The One for me
I bought this fragrance expecting big things but instead it was a letdown. Another EDP that performs like an EDC. It's not my skin either because i have plenty of fragrances that last all day but this one surely does not. With a price tag being well over $100 you would think that it would perform better but I guess they need all that money to pay for the bottle the advertisement and the name. That's how these big designer houses get you that's why bigger isn't always better. I'm not even that crazy about the scent itself I mean yes it is warm and it is spicy and it has lots of heavy notes but it just doesn't perform I do smell it the backhoe I could smell the ginger along with the Amber in the end but I thought I would get at least 10 or 12 hours minimum with this fragrance. Maybe I got a bad bottle I don't know all I know is it's a big letdown Dolce and Gabbana you are not the one for me.
Ralph99
Tester the solution to the H/S problem ?
I don't think too much more needs to be said about the fragrance DNA of The One. He is simply one of the best balanced sweet / spicy fragrances for the colder days.
The One is just the typical "Ladykiller" as it is said.

The fragrance goes simply always and comes also really very well.

It gets most of the criticism for its poor H/S. Funnily enough, I could never understand that, since he holds with me easily 10h + on the skin (!).

My bottle is a tester of 2019 and if I go in the evening with Him outside the house, I am still surprised the next morning with light ,,scent puffs'' while making breakfast.
In general, The One continues to project neatly even after several hours.

Possibly someone else has had similar experience with a tester :)
Buy recommendation
Dolce & Gabbana The One EDP is a great fragrance for the modern man. Pleasant and not intrusive, absolutely perfect for everyday use in spring, autumn and winter. But comes especially well in the fall with evening wear. I discovered this fragrance through a test strip and immediately loved it! Can hardly imagine anyone disliking this scent. The durability itself I find okay. Especially on clothing, the scent lasts for several days. The sillage is not necessarily strong, but I think the intention behind this fragrance is also different. The noble and high-quality bottle is another pleasing plus point, so I can gladly recommend this fragrance.
The Womanizer
Dolce & Gabbana The One EDP is one of the best fragrances I have ever had the pleasure to smell.
I would classify it as a blind buy option. It is a wonderful symbiosis of grapefruit, cardamom, leather and tobacco.

The perfect occasion for this fragrance is evening or on a date.
He is an absolute Womanizer and pleases pretty much every woman.

The fragrance exudes a certain seriousness and maturity, so I would recommend this only from the mid-20s.

Sillage and durability are not top of the top, but perfectly adequate.

In summary, a class date fragrance, which you can also wear well in cold seasons.

I like him very much.
Likes........
Mmmmh I have to retract my statement. The durability was criticized by me.....
I have added the beautiful, elegant bottle to my collection.
Have always told myself "if I already have the Dior Homme Intense and the Valentino Uomo Intense, I don't need this one too".
But my addicted nose could not resist the fragrance.
If I have times no Bock on the other two, I take the. ;-)

Now to the fragrance.
The grapefruit I do not perceive. The ginger I can guess. But the fine tobacco I smell out fully.
But as with most fragrances, I can not smell out the individual components.
But ultimately, it's the harmony of the essences that counts. These are really a dream.
Sure, you can also take the Dior or the Valentino. But I regret not a second that I have this one too.
Another fine winter fragrance, but you can also wear in autumn or late summer.
I love it!
Winter cuddly scent
In search of a new perfume, we found this great fragrance.
The bottle already looks great, with the color gradient and the elongated massive lid - you like to look at.
And the fragrance is also really pleasant. He is masculine and rather something for the colder season if you want to make a classification here.
At the start surprises a masculine smelling grapefruit with light basil accompaniment. The coriander smells one only very lightly in the background and not so pieksend as it is sometimes the case.
A bomb that just blows you away, you smell it already at the other end of the apartment and that despite closed doors.
In the further course remain orange blossom and ginger perceptible but very background, the cardamom underlines the masculine sensation further.
Tobacco I smell rather little, amber and cedar are more noticeable in the course.
A very beguiling, masculine but somewhat heavy fragrance but is good to wear and will bring compliments.
The durability is not the banger with 6-7 hours but okay and also well perceivable by others in this time. The clothes smells even in the evening, if you put this nose pure:)
I find that the fragrance for its price is really highly recommended

The "feel good scent"
The scent is amazing but dont be fooled when you hear tabacco. Personally i get just a little bit if any tabacco at all. Far more present is the heart of orange blossom and cardamon, the warm amber accord gives it the perfect cozyness for medium to cold weather. I dont think anyone could dislike this fragrance, even my very picky mother loves it.

Overall I can just say its a 10/10 fragrance and I cant imagine a collection without it.
Not rarely its the scent i reach for if im home alone because I enjoy it so much.
Entertainingly bombastic ...
This fragrance has easy the stuff to the signature scent. It just smells very pleasant and mature. Perfect for dates and dinner.
In the foreground is a warm pleasant orange note, cardamom, citrus and a slightly smoky note. Thus, I prefer to wear this fragrance especially in colder months or just in the evening. This fragrance testifies to maturity and seriousness, definitely not a party, or teenager fragrance.
A huge disadvantage, however, there is: The durability! In fact, you hear yourself significantly sooner to perceive the fragrance. This happens after 2-3 h. On the skin it is then even after 5 h no longer to smell. Therefore, he is also not my signature fragrance. In everyday life, you can give him a gift, if you do not want to put every 3 h after.
Th(is) One always goes!
A fabulous fragrance - a fruity nobility in the rays of the sun.

Imagine you are sitting on the beach promenade, the hot summer wind passes you by and a fruity, slightly fresh scent surrounds you. He makes you seem noble because of the smoky tobacco nouancen, but does not push it too far and keeps you on the ground of facts.

I used it in summer, autumn and spring - always goes! Only in winter I prefer rather heavier fragrances

DaiorosDaioros 4 months ago
Don't buy this one.
Good smell, but longevity and proyection is REALLY awful.
Thousands of perfumes deserve more for your money.
CharlesT1992CharlesT1992 5 months ago
Let's cut the bull..
This smells like a old lady fragrance, way to sweet to be a man fragrance and the performance is bad.
ChicoRoch1ChicoRoch1 7 months ago
Marketing scam
JMWeedJMWeed 8 months ago
Smells like a real man, solid masculine fragrance in the dry down, simple, but does what it needs to
Blako11Blako11 12 months ago
The perfume has a lovely scent but stays in its projection as it only smells flush against the skin within two hours.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 1 year ago
The scent envelopes you can with an unbelievable seductive aura. Spray you clothes with it and you will leave a trail everywhere
MrLawmanMrLawman 1 year ago
A bench mark example of a perfume which smells fully compensates for the lack of overall performance. Captivating.
BielwenassBielwenass 1 year ago
Shower gel scent, gone in a couple hours.
Mohdt966Mohdt966 2 years ago
A beautiful smell, but very common and familiar now, no longer special, a new edition needed...
Arman038Arman038 2 years ago
A lovely sweet-spicy scent. The longevity is awful, but it shouldn't stop you getting this one. I love it!

by Shuqush
by MisterG
The One, The Only One ?
by Qudah

Popular by Dolce & Gabbana

By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Forever by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Amber Sun by Dolce & Gabbana The One Mysterious Night by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Amber Skin by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana