The One for Men (2015) Eau de Parfum

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design Lutz Herrmann

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Olivier Polge

Submitted by Gonsada, last update on 03.12.2019.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana, which differs in concentration.

10.0 4.0 4.0 10.0/10

MrCharmant
The One is more than a scent.... It's a lifestyle!
It's Friday night around 7pm, my Iphone rings:

"Albert here, Daniel, are you ready for tonight"

"Yeah, you know me, I'm always ready!"

"Ok perfect we meet around 8:00, ok?"

I answer only scarcely with an "Ok" Today it goes like every Friday evening a little more chic. As I think about which perfume to use for tonight, I reach for the turtleneck in the wardrobe. My perfume choice is quick, it'll be The One. The bottle is incredibly chic, there is no attempt to be noticeably loud here, as if The One were going with us to Stuttgart's city centre at night. Five sprays later and I am immediately enveloped in this wonderfully elegant smell, which is only briefly pungent. It's late. I should hurry. I quickly slip into the leather sneaker, put on the sherling jacket and take a last look in the mirror to see if the side parting is sitting.

I run out of the house and the winter shows that he is present. The wind cuts terribly. I always get fragrance nuances of The Ones. It seems to me almost as if the fragrance was made for the cold seasons, it simply underlines its perfection. My buddy and I are meeting. I don't expect him to compliment me on the perfume, its sillage is simply too weak, but that doesn't matter. Today we dedicate ourselves to rather profound conversations or even trivial topics in the beautiful Stuttgart. You just have a good time together. We walked through the city, philosophized about different topics and noticed that it became quite late. This also didn't escape The One, it's already tired and can only be perceived close up, the performance is relatively weak. But I slowly realize that this fragrance has become a good friend of mine. But he is not there either and rounds off my evening wardrobe with his elegance. I always wear it on me when you meet among friends, my brain must have connected this scent that way. It has simply become a strong element in my lifestyle.

On the whole, The One is a great fragrance, if it weren't for its weak performance.

I can see him at the front when you cuddle up on the couch with your girlfriend. Then apply it in any case, it will stick to you.

This was my first comment to a perfume, I hope I could tell you by my spelling how I stand to this perfume.
8.0 3.0 5.0 8.5/10

A short love
Actually The One is a really beautiful and successful smell ... if there would not be with me this one big problem:
My skin is eating up the scent :/
I spray on the scent and am immediately flattered by a fruity-spicy mixture of orange, grapefruit and cardamom. So far, so good!
Unfortunately the fun only lasts for a very short time. Already after ~30 minutes I only notice the scent if I hold my nose directly over the spot where I sprayed The One. So you really can't talk about an adequate projection. After another 1 ½ - 2 hours the perfume is completely gone, no matter if I apply one, two or five sprayers. So it could all be so beautiful if my skin would not like the scent to eat the scent ^ ^
8.0 8.0 7.0 9.5/10

An evening of style.
Even though The One seems to have fallen out of "fashion", there is no reason not to put this fragrance on every now and then, because in my opinion it is still an absolutely fantastic night out/saturday evening fragrance.

You just don't do anything wrong with him! He just arrives and let's be honest, if you don't hang out regularly with Parfumo or follow Jeremy Fragrance etc. on Youtube, as soon as he gets this scent in his nose, he will inevitably say "What a scent, that's awesome!" in your direction...

One of the few fragrances that I think convinces women and men alike and does not at least split women's opinions like Aqua di Gio Profumo, for example.

Even if he is not a durability monster, an absolute go-to fragrance for Saturday evening, no matter whether in a convivial group with friends, in a fine restaurant or for a pub safari, he can easily hold out this time!

I will appreciate also in the future always in my collection...

10.0 7.0 7.0 10.0/10

Tempo2611
Dolce the One, the grinning tiger cat.

I didn't know anything about perfume until recently. I wasn't even actively wearing any yet, mostly a deodorant was enough.......at least I thought so.
Quickly sprayed, often much too much, and then off to work, or elsewhere.
And well, what can I say, apparently I really missed something!

The penny fell when I lost a lot of weight due to a successful diet and now had to shop for new clothes. My business of choice was next to a well-known perfumery.
I do not know exactly why, but differently than otherwise (like every 2nd man with the shopping also does) I had on this: fast purely into the shop, pay, and away......today times no desire.
And so it happened that I found myself in front of the shop window of the mint green neighbour shop and looked at a poster slightly dreamy.
On it you could see wolves, desert, citrus fruits with pepper and a former Disney pirate....Sauwagen.....sounds interesting, I look at that and so I entered.

Wow, what's going on? So many brands and different product lines...a conglomeration of different smells got into my nose.
After I had made myself a first overview of the unusual situation I strolled slowly away.
I felt a little like Alice in Wonderland, many things were strange, but I tried out the individual stations along the way with great interest.
I met fruity playful scents which reminded me of the hat maker and his tea party, because these scents were perfect for parties! At another corner of the shelf stood the inconspicuous fragrances, which, like the flower children, were of little interest to me. They wanted to stay on their own and be carried tightly into the office. Finally I ended up at the end of the first shelf with the attractive pirate scent, which reminded me of the fiery shisha caterpillar due to its smoky nature.....a very interesting experience to which I will certainly come back, at least that's what I thought.

But suddenly it was him... Hammer what a fragrance! He stood there one gear further with the D&G fragrances. His prelude showed you right away who is the top dog here. Like the eyes of the tiger cat that light up without warning from the depths of darkness, the scent in my nose flattered me. Similar to the body of the cat so also the body of the perfume unfolded from the nothing and sat down on my neck. After a short time when all invisible parts of the cat were revealed it turned out that this was not a grinning cat, but a real tomcat!
Simply masculine, strong and slightly wicked, it smelled. But also a decent crazy fruitiness remained in my thoughts.
I didn't think long and grabbed the cat by the collar and gave him a new wonderland at my home........
I think that's how the perfume can be described as an inexperienced perfume: In the beginning a strong sudden attack with a slightly fruity note. In the course of time the fragrance loses its fruitiness and becomes darker and smokier. Simply a beautiful male scent with suddenly appearing body parts which disappear again and again. Just like Alice's tiger hangovers.
7.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

The soft suppleness
The first thing you can notice is an intense spicy, slightly herbaceous note, which brings a very subtle ethereal touch and is due to the basil.

At the same time the basil is surrounded by a fine sweetish fruity note, which completely renounces sour accents and I have typed grapefruit instead of grapefruit
In the background, a certain astringent spice plays out its certain charm and gives the top note a pleasant markedness and comes from coriander.

A little bit later the hunch, which is already very well perceptible in the top note, has now unfolded completely.

An intense and strong, lovely flowery, creamy note can now be perceived, which also has a wonderful brightening orange-yellow hint and can only be the orange blossom.

The orange blossom blends with a very aromatic sweet, spicy note, which gives the fragrance a wonderful soft, warming body butter-like smoothness and comes from the cardamom.

In the background and in my case only on the skin, a subtle citric nuance is perceptible, which brings a fine light wooden tone and in my opinion makes sure that the scent does not drift into the sweet sticky, but appears sweetly fresh and is due to the ginger.

In the last 3 hours there is a nice sweetish spicy note, which radiates a wonderful balsamic cuddly breath and comes from the amber.

At the same time, the amber is accompanied by a fine, soft wooden shade, which also has a subtle, resinous tone and ensures a pleasant masculinity and the Virginia cedar originates.

I could not perceive the tobacco explicitly, but it is the case that the base gets something dense and very slightly voluminous and I can very well imagine that this scent property is due to the tobacco.

In total, the fragrance lasts 7.5 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is conceived from the outset in such a way that one is perceived very well at a half arm length and this is maintained also 3 hours in such a way, before it reduces itself up to the conclusion of the smell in quiet steps.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Verbaplex" for the sample.
9.0 7.0 6.0 9.0/10

Primitivo!
If I could only own one fragrance, one - I would probably choose 'The One' (EdP). That surprises me a little myself. Because it's not the best fragrance I own, let alone ever smelled. And it's also not exactly a fragrance that is very versatile (again a term that no normal person would ever use - what you don't learn here ...). Not to mention the durability (which is not bad, but also not championsleageworthy).

I think I just like these heavier, more powerful, southern scents, which of course have nothing in common with the real heavyweights of the Oud Rose Incense&c. fraction, and which have a certain favor inscribed in the DNA
An analogy might help to explain what I mean.

In the case of wines, there are roughly three large families (red, white and sparkling; yes, you can argue about it). White wines are usually lighter, brighter, more sparkling. In the perfume world, the citric and their relatives, so to speak. Ultra Male might then be a lovely Gewürztraminer. Red wines are usually heavier, have more revolutions and usually fewer "friends" (at least in my circle of acquaintances). They are (potentially) more complex. Here, too, there are great differences. For example elegantly composed, proud Bordeaux wines with a high Cabernet Sauvignon content (let's say analogous to Guerlain: Cuir Beluga) and "southern" full-bodied wines, a little less noble, but a little warmer, just a matter of taste. For example, a Primitivo from Italy (known in the USA as Zinfandel). So, now finally the comment title becomes understandable.

One of my favourite wines, whose style (to which Aglianico also belongs) is often described as "soft and lush". And that's exactly what The One is for me, too, whereby for me the softness shows itself even more in the EdP and the EdT - minimal - is more untamed. This softness is probably responsible for the good "accessibility" and high sales figures (just as Primitivi sell well in supermarkets).

The One is marked by a distinct orange note, which I would describe as fruity rather than floral, even if orange blossoms are mentioned in the fragrance pyramid. I don't smell a clear grapefruit (like Pomelo Sorrento, which I love a lot at the moment), but I would sign that a discreet acidic component is a nice counterweight to the non-vanilla, non-intrusive sweetness of The One. The whole thing is rounded off by a spiciness that I would describe more as "abstractly Far Eastern" than as "Mediterranean". Again, I would not veto the listed fragrances such as basil, cardamom, coriander and tobacco. But for my nose there are several scents where these scents are more dominant and more recognizable. In The One, it's more of a fusion for me. The whole should be more than the sum of its parts. The same applies to the "amber" component, which is hardly definable anyway. I like to dodge the term "warm". And yes, The One is clearly a warm scent.

The One gets a cutback from me for his edgelessness. After some wearing time I would sometimes wish for a "rebellious element", at least for a few minutes. But this one stays off.

Contrary to many voices, I can imagine him well in summer, in the evenings when the temperatures are getting milder. For example, a visit to a restaurant in an Italian coastal town or a picnic at the local bathing lake. Even if you can wear it very well "just for yourself", I believe it is by nature a sociable fragrance. He loves intimate fellowship (friends, sweetheart) or situations aimed at making one (a.k.a. dates). For parties he is probably a little too "beautiful" and reserved, for the office a little too appealing to the senses. But of course everyone has to decide for himself.

Small supplement to my general fragrance rating

I give 'The One' a 9 for its fragrance. That's pretty outstanding, you might think. In my first weeks here I was a little confused that many scoring scents, which they described as mediocre, give values between 4 and 6, in my opinion very common in older comments - others on the other hand feel to rate 95% of all scents reviewed somewhere between 6.5 and 8. So for some 5 seems to mean "average", for others a rating around and at 7.5.

Meanwhile I hold it like my former physics teacher: His evaluation system is the only thing I remember from class. "100% of the maximum points are 1+, 95% are 1, etc." I combine this system with the rating system of the university: In most university subjects you passed with 50% (a smooth 4) (but not any more).

So The One would be a 1- with me. A very good fragrance with small, marginal smears, which I described above. And the nice thing about Parfumo is that our reviews don't claim to be objective, they are not carved in stone and we don't have to understand Newton's laws to get excited about a fragrance.
8.0 6.0 6.0 8.5/10

Mustang777
Fruity fresh tropical scent that nevertheless caresses you with warmth
The fragrance starts very fruity tropical at the beginning, one perceives the grapefruit very well.
At the same time there are warming, very masculine notes, which give the fragrance the special characteristic of being fruity, tropical and dark deep.
It is a very successful fragrance composition,
so that at no time would anything interfere.
Very easy to use, suitable for any occasion. The women find the fragrance attractive.
The projection on my skin is about
one and a half hours, then he gets closer to the skin.
So if you want to draw conclusions from the color of the perfume that it can be a projection monster, this is not the right place for you.
The shelf life is approx. four hours.
In such cases, when the silage and shelf life is rather moderate, it is advisable to purchase small atomizers and simply freshen up the scent in between.

8.0 6.0 7.0 8.5/10

Golcher
I just love wearing this
To me this fragrance lacks versatility but don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing. A fragrance that's good for all occasions will probably never be the best in any occasion but when a fragrance is created for a specific scenario then it can be great and this is the case with The One EDP.

The One has a very gentleman vibe. To me this is for a gentleman on a date, a seductive scent for that special lady or perhaps a gentlemen on a quiet night out with some friends, soft music, a drink, a poker game, something sophisticated.

The scent is amazing, I'm a sucker for any tobacco fragrance and this is no exception. It opens with some grapefruit and basil, alluring, then the spices kick in ginger and cardamom and finally the coup de grace amber and tobacco.

Haven't tested it that much so can't elaborate too much about the performance, I guess it's OK at best, you could expect better from a Eau de Parfum concentration
9.0 6.0 6.0 9.0/10

A warm evergreen!
When you spray on this perfume, you are immediately taken by its warm aura! In the top note I mainly smell the grapefruit, but it is perceived comfortably warm by the cardamom. After about an hour, the more woody notes and the tobacco also come through a little, but not too strongly
The perfume definitely smells good, and in a very mass-appropriate way. It definitely doesn't stand out from the crowd, but as good as anyone who smells it will like it, but most won't love it. Altogether it is however definitely a very round composition!

But the durability is not too good for me, for an EDP honestly quite bad. After 5 hours I can only perceive something with fantasy or if I have hung up a lot at all. The silage is also very discreet, but I find this pleasant with this fragrance.

All in all a really good solid fragrance but the wow effect is a little missing. But it is a real one, although I would rather wear it in autumn or winter.

10.0 5.0 6.0 10.0/10

The sexy "Normalo"
If "The One" by Dolce & Gabbana were a human being, then it would probably be the most reliable guy that everyone would like to weigh in their circle of friends. No eccentric, no hipster, no funny bird with shrill clothes, no one who pursues unusual hobbies in his spare time.
He would be more like the guy who is always well dressed without ever being overdressed. The one who wears his automatic watch with leather strap while all the others show photos on their smartwatches. The one who takes the ladies home without watching the "10 best pickup lines 2019" on Youtube. You don't want to speak of winner type, but losing is not up for debate.

In order not to slip too much into the personification of fragrances first the facts:
Rarely is there a bottle that you look at and you immediately know how to smell the fragrance. Massive, reliable, simple, brown, dark, wicked. When the little nephew comes to play, even he knows immediately that it's not a toy, but something too valuable to use as a building block.

The fragrance follows seamlessly. At the beginning still a little fresh, the grapefruit and the orange blossom are great. Besides quite spicy, but never pungent. And behind it simply this bench made of tobacco and amber, which is already impressively represented by the bottle. So easy to smell, so sovereign, no one will ever question this fragrance. In the Black Tie event, he may not be the most outstanding water, but on the other hand, no one will be able to blaspheme about it behind closed doors.

What is missing to perfection, however, is better durability. Also the EdP version finds its end quite fast, after about 6 hours I can only guess on my skin that there was something on it. In these first 6 hours, however, he does his job par excellence
8.0 5.0 5.0 9.0/10

Be The One
This scent... just first-class. I think Sahne is quite right when it comes to describing the velvety appearance of these perfumes. Lately, I've been having some noisy scents. This one seems to wrap around you quietly and discreetly. In a delicate sweetness to wrap like a sweet, but not to exaggerate like Joop.

I tried various fragrances that day, sweet, citric, leathery and also hot, but nothing could convince me. Until I came across Dolce & Gabbana The One. On the strip the scent could convince me immediately, exactly what I was looking for. So I took a sample with me on my wrist. The development of the fragrance was exciting, already after 15 minutes I had already reached a completely different level, which lasted until an hour later it subsided and the base came to light even more. Just gorgeous. I probably sniffed my wrist all day long and was aware that I was freshly in love. The.Must.Her. Since I found a good deal, I chose eau de parfum. You're supposed to have a good shot after all.

The fragrance is round, masculine, elegant and doesn't attract much attention, but is present when you turn to it. So a true gentleman. He acts discreetly in the background, seduces you but you should come too close to him.
I guess it's the amber, amber is just one of those essences that make me float. I wonder what would happen if musk and vanilla were added to the base note. Probably it would be too overloaded and the shine over...

The shelf life itself is good so far. I applied the scent in the evening after showering and smelled it in the morning when I woke up.

The Sillage can't convince me for an eau de parfum. I definitely expected more there. 4 sprayers are just getting close to 2 Terre d'Hermès sprayers, close. But maybe the intended was conceived in such a way, because it is supposed to be a gentleman.

The bottle skilfully underpins the statement of the fragrance. Solid, caramel-brown-sweet and the falling colour gradient into black as well as the fragrance gets more and more depth towards the end. The spray head is solid and compatible with the Travallo, thus perfect.

All in all a really good fragrance, which I can recommend to every man (giving women) who is looking for something that nothing can go wrong with.

Be a gentleman, be you, be The One
7.0 6.0 5.0 9.0/10

Mattioli
Unfortunately, the perfume is not enough
Dolce & Gabanna The One is one of my favorite fragrances. Unfortunately, it doesn't deliver the result I had hoped for. I don't have to explain the scent DNA of The One anymore. Hammer. Save. Always goes and never stands out negatively. If only it had a good shelf life. After 4 hours is the end of work and that must not happen with such an expensive smell.
For a file the length is sufficient.
If, however, you only want to spray once and come over the day, then you are not necessarily good with this fragrance.
For God's sake, I don't have this perfume at all. The scent is heavenly. But a long shelf life is at least as important as the fragrance itself.
10.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Well-groomed male classic
I will not be poetic, my subjective impression of this fragrance is a very good one overall. It smells classic, not unusual, but classically male and well-groomed in the best sense of the word. Warm, soft-woody, tart in a gentlemanly frame, rather for the sociable but nevertheless self-confident gentleman, less to radiate hardness and absolute dominance, a little sweetness, slightly gourmandig. The fragrance does not scream, but is well perceptible and lasts about 6 hours with 5 splashes

Modern masterpiece!!
The best scent I've ever smelled, classy, refined, masculine and intense.

I don't care about if performance bad or not, the way it smells. The One EDP is easily the most decent offering from D&G in recent history in the men's perfume.

Masterclass from Olivier Polge to mix great notes like Amber, tobacco, ginger, grapefruit & Cardamom and create a scent like this one. CHAPEAU.
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

he almost always goes
Despite the already many comments I would like to write something about The One.

A friend had recommended it to me at that time and told me to test it. He himself had already had it and was very enthusiastic. It should have been like that about three years ago.
I had had a sample given to me in our perfumery at the time.
I found it super right after the first test and decided to buy a 50ml bottle.
I did it said. The whole thing was three years ago now and meanwhile a second bottle has moved in at my place which will also be coming to an end soon.

At the beginning it is nice fruity, almost heading a bit in the citric direction.
At the same time, the orange also makes itself felt. Which, as I can judge right now, seems pretty natural. Later it gets milder and warmer. I guess it's the tobacco and cardoma? The grapefruit is not quite as in the foreground as it was at the beginning.
He's developing really beautifully, anyway.

It can actually be worn for any occasion. It fits well both in the office and at a party.

Personally, I wear it at colder times of the year, in autumn for example. But I had already put him on to warmer temperatures and also there he has made a good figure.
It lasts long, projects well and leaves a really nice "cloud".
You can also wear it more often, because the hype around it has fortunately diminished, if you don't want that every second person feels the same scent as you do.
8.0 6.0 6.0 9.0/10

Masterpiece
It almost feels weird writing a review on this one... Everyone knows this one, right? Maybe not?
Anyway, a solid, SOLID fragrance that’ll make people like you just a bit more :)
Unfortunately I still don’t get the longevity that I wished for (the EDT was just a joke) but it it’s a bit better in EDP.
You just have to have it, no matter the flaws on performance.
9.0 8.0 7.0 9.0/10

JosephAzzato
Beautiful not blotched in the reformulation to edp
this is the same as the original edt version but with much better performance D&G did an exceptional job keeping it exactly as it was through the process of making this edp version! so get this one instead of the edt it's better!
price point, it is worth the few extra bucks because the bang per buck weighing the performance factor is cheaper in the long run

so this is noted in the fragrance community as a very safe date fragrance there are very few women that don't like it, some guy's (sorry ladies) call it the panty dropper. but in some cases I do think alot of women are getting use to it and with any thing that gets to common it loses it's touch

I love the smell of this one it's not like a ultra"WoW" factor cologne but I do love it I have more then one bottle of it 3.4 and also thinking of buying the 6.7if that tells you any thing (just because I also like the bottle)

well thats it hope you try it out
Joseph God Bless
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Finally, The One
Simply a work of art. Fantastic, better than the EdT version.
From time to time , they show us these gems . It is already in my collection .

DPArtist 12 months ago
It's a pleasant scent, but I just don't get what all the hype is about. Even The EDP is super soft, suitable for intimate occasions only.+2
6.0
6.0
JoaoMartins 15 months ago
Nice perfume. Warm and cozy. Not so good performance+1
Carlitos01 20 months ago
Sexy & alluring! It really pleases the gentle sex.
It's The One expensive fragrance we can advise: Blind buy it!
An amber & tobacco gem.+5
PMRP12 3 years ago
Sexy in a bottle. One of the best smelling fragrances out there. Universal appeal through a masterful blend of spices and amber sweetness.+3
10.0

by MisterG
by FruchtKnecht
by FruchtKnecht

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One by Dolce & Gabbana The One Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana (1992) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Desire by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana K (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana