The One for Men (2015) Eau de Parfum

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design: Lutz Herrmann

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Olivier Polge

Submitted by Gonsada, last update on 12.02.2019

Variant of the fragrance concentration

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum)

This is a variant of the perfume The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana, which differs in concentration.

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
MTS
Be The One
This scent... just first-class. I think Sahne is quite right when it comes to describing the velvety appearance of these perfumes. Lately, I've been having some noisy scents. This one seems to wrap around you quietly and discreetly. In a delicate sweetness to wrap like a sweet, but not to exaggerate like Joop.

I tried various fragrances that day, sweet, citric, leathery and also hot, but nothing could convince me. Until I came across Dolce & Gabbana The One. On the strip the scent could convince me immediately, exactly what I was looking for. So I took a sample with me on my wrist. The development of the fragrance was exciting, already after 15 minutes I had already reached a completely different level, which lasted until an hour later it subsided and the base came to light even more. Just gorgeous. I probably sniffed my wrist all day long and was aware that I was freshly in love. The.Must.Her. Since I found a good deal, I chose eau de parfum. You're supposed to have a good shot after all.

The fragrance is round, masculine, elegant and doesn't attract much attention, but is present when you turn to it. So a true gentleman. He acts discreetly in the background, seduces you but you should come too close to him.
I guess it's the amber, amber is just one of those essences that make me float. I wonder what would happen if musk and vanilla were added to the base note. Probably it would be too overloaded and the shine over...

The shelf life itself is good so far. I applied the scent in the evening after showering and smelled it in the morning when I woke up.

The Sillage can't convince me for an eau de parfum. I definitely expected more there. 4 sprayers are just getting close to 2 Terre d'Hermès sprayers, close. But maybe the intended was conceived in such a way, because it is supposed to be a gentleman.

The bottle skilfully underpins the statement of the fragrance. Solid, caramel-brown-sweet and the falling colour gradient into black as well as the fragrance gets more and more depth towards the end. The spray head is solid and compatible with the Travallo, thus perfect.

All in all a really good fragrance, which I can recommend to every man (giving women) who is looking for something that nothing can go wrong with.

Be a gentleman, be you, be The One
Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Unfortunately, the perfume is not enough
Dolce & Gabanna The One is one of my favorite fragrances. Unfortunately, it doesn't deliver the result I had hoped for. I don't have to explain the scent DNA of The One anymore. Hammer. Save. Always goes and never stands out negatively. If only it had a good shelf life. After 4 hours is the end of work and that must not happen with such an expensive smell.
For a file the length is sufficient.
If, however, you only want to spray once and come over the day, then you are not necessarily good with this fragrance.
For God's sake, I don't have this perfume at all. The scent is heavenly. But a long shelf life is at least as important as the fragrance itself.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
Well-groomed male classic
I will not be poetic, my subjective impression of this fragrance is a very good one overall. It smells classic, not unusual, but classically male and well-groomed in the best sense of the word. Warm, soft-woody, tart in a gentlemanly frame, rather for the sociable but nevertheless self-confident gentleman, less to radiate hardness and absolute dominance, a little sweetness, slightly gourmandig. The fragrance does not scream, but is well perceptible and lasts about 6 hours with 5 splashes
Modern masterpiece!!
The best scent I've ever smelled, classy, refined, masculine and intense.

I don't care about if performance bad or not, the way it smells. The One EDP is easily the most decent offering from D&G in recent history in the men's perfume.

Masterclass from Olivier Polge to mix great notes like Amber, tobacco, ginger, grapefruit & Cardamom and create a scent like this one. CHAPEAU.
he almost always goes
Despite the already many comments I would like to write something about The One.

A friend had recommended it to me at that time and told me to test it. He himself had already had it and was very enthusiastic. It should have been like that about three years ago.
I had had a sample given to me in our perfumery at the time.
I found it super right after the first test and decided to buy a 50ml bottle.
I did it said. The whole thing was three years ago now and meanwhile a second bottle has moved in at my place which will also be coming to an end soon.

At the beginning it is nice fruity, almost heading a bit in the citric direction.
At the same time, the orange also makes itself felt. Which, as I can judge right now, seems pretty natural. Later it gets milder and warmer. I guess it's the tobacco and cardoma? The grapefruit is not quite as in the foreground as it was at the beginning.
He's developing really beautifully, anyway.

It can actually be worn for any occasion. It fits well both in the office and at a party.

Personally, I wear it at colder times of the year, in autumn for example. But I had already put him on to warmer temperatures and also there he has made a good figure.
It lasts long, projects well and leaves a really nice "cloud".
You can also wear it more often, because the hype around it has fortunately diminished, if you don't want that every second person feels the same scent as you do.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Masterpiece
It almost feels weird writing a review on this one... Everyone knows this one, right? Maybe not?
Anyway, a solid, SOLID fragrance that’ll make people like you just a bit more :)
Unfortunately I still don’t get the longevity that I wished for (the EDT was just a joke) but it it’s a bit better in EDP.
You just have to have it, no matter the flaws on performance.
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Beautiful not blotched in the reformulation to edp
this is the same as the original edt version but with much better performance D&G did an exceptional job keeping it exactly as it was through the process of making this edp version! so get this one instead of the edt it's better!
price point, it is worth the few extra bucks because the bang per buck weighing the performance factor is cheaper in the long run

so this is noted in the fragrance community as a very safe date fragrance there are very few women that don't like it, some guy's (sorry ladies) call it the panty dropper. but in some cases I do think alot of women are getting use to it and with any thing that gets to common it loses it's touch

I love the smell of this one it's not like a ultra"WoW" factor cologne but I do love it I have more then one bottle of it 3.4 and also thinking of buying the 6.7if that tells you any thing (just because I also like the bottle)

well thats it hope you try it out
Joseph God Bless
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Finally, The One
Simply a work of art. Fantastic, better than the EdT version.
From time to time , they show us these gems . It is already in my collection .

DPArtist 64 days ago
It's a pleasant scent, but I just don't get what all the hype is about. Even The EDP is super soft, suitable for intimate occasions only.+2
Bottle 6.0
Sillage 4.0
Longevity 4.0
Scent 7.5
Carlitos01 10 months ago
It's sexy and alluring. It really pleases the gentle sex. It's one of those expensive fragrances where we can advise: Do blind buy it !!!+2
Bottle 8.0
Sillage 7.0
Longevity 8.0
Scent 9.5
PMRP12 2 years ago
Sexy in a bottle. One of the best smelling fragrances out there. Universal appeal through a masterful blend of spices and amber sweetness.+3
Bottle 10.0

by MisterG
by FruchtKnecht
by FruchtKnecht

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One by Dolce & Gabbana The One Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana (1992) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Desire by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana The One Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme Intense by Dolce & Gabbana