K by Dolce & Gabbana

K is a new perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2019. The scent is synthetic-fresh. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesBlood orange, Sicilian lemon, Juniper berry
Heart Notes Heart NotesChili, Clary sage, Provençal lavender, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Vetiver, Patchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 12.10.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is Italian entrepreneur‎ Mariano Di Vaio, photographed by Mariano Vivanco.

8.0 5.0 6.0 7.0/10

Fragrance (O)K
When I saw this fragrance in the preview I was already curious about this fragrance. To a cool name including bottle there is an interesting fragrance pyramid. Blood orange and chili sounds interesting at first, especially in the station wagon. D&G is hardly represented in my collection, but the releases are mostly quite good. The One & Light Blue are of course the big stars who, in my opinion, always go.
Fortunately, a sample was enclosed with one of my last fragrance orders. I was glad I wanted to test this one anyway. A small sample is always great, because you can test this scent several times.

The bottle is really good and should appeal especially to young men. I'm surprised this King thing gets picked up so late. This King-Queen thing has as much potential as the gold bar, The Invictus Cup or the like in this direction. I think the crown as a lid is really cool.
What do you expect from a K(ing)? Rather a loud, self-confident fragrance with a touch of youthful carelessness and playfulness. Something you can't get here. K comes across a little shy on me, which is due to very mild Sillage. Close to the sprayed area it is well perceptible and maybe also a little bit about up close, but not worthy for a king. Also of the fragrance type rather an inconspicuous fragrance. I like this scent, but it goes in the direction of shower gel scent. Nothing negative for me, but with such fragrance types I expect better performance, especially from brands like D&G. Also the durability is rather moderate.
The scent is quickly described: You get a shower gel scent. A bit of fruit, a bit of bitter spice, a slightly softened vibe. What stands out is chili. Not too strong, but in combination with fresh notes a great addition. The orange-juniper berry is also well recognizable in the opening. After approx. 1 hour it is a quite soft smell, which reminds me easily of foam bath. Very pleasant, but, as I said, clearly too soft. The base is also quite nice with lots of vetiver.

I don't think it's as bad as rated here, but I wouldn't recommend it because of its moderate performance. A scent that will hardly attract attention. D&G is unfortunately a brand that I have often noticed with performance problems. Could nevertheless become a well-sold fragrance due to good concoctions.
8.0 5.0 5.0 4.0/10

Where the hell is he?
Received a half-empty sample from D and would like to share my experience.
After I saw the advertisement and was impressed by the bottle, I decided to order a sample of my perfume.
EDT already promised nothing royal & why ever I expected a synthetic wood bomb. In the end, everything got worse.
Hygienic wipes!
I hadn't read any of the "ingredients" before. It could also be well a 2 Euro shower the antiperspirant, but my girlfriend and I are there rather with wet wipes.
Developed there unfortunately also nothing because already after 1 hour Kopfnicken everything was already again past.
Everyone has his own taste and a more or less fine nose, unfortunately he left me nothing but a 0815 soapy impression. I strongly discourage blind buying, rather shoot your wrists full in your perfume dealer and decide for yourself.
9.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

King for the Day
The original bottle looks a bit better than in the pictures. Then he should show if he can do more, because the ratings so far are quite modest.

The fresh and fruity beginning recommends it as a daily companion right from the start. The little crown does not stand for festive occasions, but recommends it as "King for the Day". Interestingly enough, the journey then goes into leather for my senses. The basis is a modern, male-woody foundation, whereby in addition to the freshness, the discreet leathery character remains throughout. Paradoxically, it is a fresh, woody leather fragrance without the heavy abundance of classic leather fragrances for contemporary noses.

Unobtrusive, yet always present, the wearer is surrounded by a discreetly solid everyday manliness. By the way, the "K" is also a seasonal all-rounder, because I can't think of a season with which it wouldn't harmonize. The durability is with me quite with up to nine hours, even if the projection the puff goes out certainly earlier.

In this modernist, some people might find exactly the brightly awake companion they were looking for, and so the "K" will occasionally accompany me through the working day in a tidy, unagitated manner.
4.0 6.0 7.0 6.0/10

Vivaguevara
Do you really need that?
Since I was chosen by the great "D" as the product tester for this new fragrance from Dolce & Gabbana (I applied for the job for fun), I would now like to share my impressions in my very first comment, even if I don't like writing. When I held the bottle in my hand for the first time, the question arose whether the "K" stood for King or kitsch. Rarely seen such an unnecessarily ugly cap for a perfume bottle; but as is well known, you should not let yourself be influenced by outward appearances. So a first test on the skin. The fragrance begins pungently synthetic-citric, which, according to the fragrance pyramid, is probably due to the blood orange and Sicilian lemon - as if such a fragrance had ever seen a real lemon, and a Sicilian one at that - but so be it. Luckily, this pungent opening fades after a few minutes and a fresh, orange note remains, which accompanies the fragrance in the background - beautiful. This fragrance has its best moments for about 30 to 90 minutes after application. The somewhat dry juniper berry comes to the fore, under which a slightly peppery-fresh tone lies, which, according to the pyramid, could be chilli, I do not want to commit myself to. However, a slight cedar wood note emerges from the background, which is very good for the fragrance in this phase, which somewhat softens the obvious overall synthetics and makes the fragrance appear round and successful. From the indicated lavender and the rose geranium, at least for my nose, but no trace. As the fragrance progresses, it fades a little too quickly and ends up in a somewhat boringly graceful, freshly woody "vetiverigem" nirvana that can be found in so many current fragrances. So I lose the scent even after about four hours, when I can still perceive it directly on the skin. Altogether no bad smell, with which one can make weinig wrong, but also not much right, for it it is simply too smooth grinded. A rift, however, would be clearly exaggerated. If you like Sauvage and Dylan Blue, for example, you should test it, but the question is whether you need it if you already own the two before mentioned, it is simply too meaningless and too little independent. I, for one, wouldn't have bought it, especially for the price I had quoted. I am too much a penny pincher for that and, in my opinion, have better fresh scents for little money.
5.0 6.0 6.0 5.5/10

Drakecito
Interesting but boring job.
Well surprised by this release.

It does not go anywhere where I imagined, or where I have read in several places, where they say it resembles Sauvage (I hate this), Dylan Blue, etc. This smell nothing like these.

Except for some very unimpressive citrus at the exit (I do not smell the lemon so much, as they comment there), where perhaps I would have liked them to highlight something else, with more definition and presence, the perfume generates a very interesting "aura" of green notes, like laurel, patchouli and vetiver style, very mature and classic cut. All of these notes are on a very light acuatic base.

Escape any kind of sweetness, from tutti fruttis and at least me, I find it very far from current trends.

If it smells closely on skin, it stands out very little and I smell it quite abstract, with little definition and presence, but the issue is that, even after several hours, it generates that aura that I have commented before, very noticeable.

I insist, very classic, mature, even dry. It looks more like a launch of Comme des Garçons than of D&G...

I have two cartons by my side, which I can smell perfectly without getting too close after more than 24 hours of applying.

For now, je,jem , I can say thatI really liked it in this first contacts.
Interesting, although it gives me that I can get bored fast.
6.0 4.0 3.0/10

Dkay31
Hm nee somehow not (sample)
Had the K recently got so as a sample to buy the Hugo Boss Botled Infinite.

I don't know, I don't get warm at all with this scent, it smells very fresh (which speaks for it), but somehow it bites too much in my nose, I would say from the taste it smells like water, like sea, like ocean, which I normally like very much, but here it wasn't implemented well for my nose, I can't even describe what actually bites so much, but ne that was nothing this time.

In addition to that it is an EDT, already after 2 hours the scent is gone, well it can be because it was a sample, I don't know in how far the shelf life of samples and a new bottle differ.
8.0 4.0 6.0 4.5/10

Strikingly inconspicuous
Newly seen in the store today and sprayed right on. The bottle tempts one to hope for something majestic, and if not noble then at least unusual and extravagant. What follows is unfortunately the complete opposite.

D&G "K" begins with a very restrained fresh orange, which is generally left until the end. I can't write much more about it because the fragrance is boring, characterless and interchangeable, to say the least. He reminds me very strongly of many of Zara's fragrances: short-lived, artificial and, as already mentioned in the title, inconspicuous. In addition, the Sillage (at least at me) is very weak, I had also directly after the spraying with my nose in the direction of the fragrance to identify something.

All in all, the fragrance is simply unspectacular and does not do justice to its crown in any way. You can't even say it's bad, but you can get other calibers for the proud price
5.0 7.0 6.0 5.5/10

ScentSlave
They gave me a sample at Dillards
And I was very disappointed... I was anxiously anticipating the release, and when i tried it.... BANG!! The explosion is LOUD!! A bit too rough for me. I was lured in to buying the Light Blue Intense with a similar masculinity, but didn’t realize how loud it was (the light blue intense). The K? It was too loud from the first shot. Crazy projection, but not necessarily a good thing (the fragrance itself shouldn’t be THAT proud).

It’s like that obnoxious, know it all guy that doesn’t shut up (but preaches to EVERYONE in the room). Does it last? Yes it does, but again, it’s more of an “arrogance” than “Confidence” that it protrudes with... Posing and flexing its muscles with a body that hasn’t quite developed to the Bodybuilder level.

I’m not so fond of the D&G fragrances; they’re all excessively loud and overwhelming. I thought I wanted the Light Blue Intense fragrance and bought it, then felt almost embarrassed by how I intruded on everyone I encountered... If that was intruding, then the K would be attacking... plain and simple... (and I tend to like masculinity in fragrances)
6.0 6.0 7.0 5.5/10

Chili Vanilla
When I see a fragrance in the store that I hadn't noticed here on Parfumo before, especially when it's a big new release like "K", which in reality has overtaken our virtual community and local opinions, then of course I can't avoid a test. Completely unbiased and curious. And unfortunately there was no positive surprise and recommendation this time, which I can announce here. No hype, no flash in the pan, no hymn of praise. Just a spicy-fraught synthetic firestarter, which unfortunately leaves me cold despite a prominent chili note...

"K" combines Italian racialism and some machismo of the 90s (ala "D&G Pour Homme") with the lab coat freshness and papery spice of today. Blood orange meets cedar finish, chilli sharpness meets chest hair - top. Unfortunately they turn out to be a toupee and only a little fiery, bland and not really of high quality. Without bite and only with little refinement or naturalness. And also chemical, artificial facets can be interesting, great, futuristic - but here the calculation does not add up. Everything looks smooth despite the whistle, everything looks pale despite the redness. Also the dry juniper does not complement itself with the rest rather. It's hard to describe, but I'm sure the many testers will be upset. It's too classic and unsweet for the boy, inappropriate for the bottle. He's too cheap and characterless for the old man. At least, that's my assessment. It will not replace any of the D&G hits from recent years (and decades) and hardly fits into a new, unoccupied niche. The bottle could have meant a big attack on the youthful audience - but they will much rather and further reach for "The One". And you can't blame them for that. And even the current, often reformulated "D&G Pour Homme" has meters more eggs and character and depth than this scratchy hermaphrodite.

Flacon: Kitsch and Playboy mentality at its best. Goat, Versace, Karl, Paco Rabanne?! Now also Dolce...
Sillage: aggressive and biting. Fits the current time. And then again somehow not...
Durability: remains and it takes quite a long time until it remains silent... Seven hours.

Conclusion: D&G in the attack on the gold bar throne? Or in remembrance of one's own past? Or just adapted to the current (unfortunately apparently quite successful) mainstream?!? Unfortunately "K" could only convince me sparingly and a crown, I would not put on him now... Somehow passing by almost all target groups :/. I am curious whether someone learns to love him...

JoaoMartins 27 days ago
Absolute cheap and chemical blue 'perfume'. I prefer to smell floor washing detergent than this garbage. It gives me headaches+1
4.0
1.0
Jazzy76 40 days ago
OMG the nth fruity-sweet-gourmand for man with no personality! very commercial and quite banal for its high price. Kitsch bottle.Disapponted+3
2.0
6.0

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One by Dolce & Gabbana The One Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana (1992) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One by Dolce & Gabbana The One Desire by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana