K 2020Eau de Parfum

K (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana
K (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2020. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesBlood orange, Sicilian lemon, Juniper berry, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesChili, Geranium, Clary sage, Lavender, Fig milk, Spices
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Patchouli, Vetiver, Nagarmotha

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 22.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is Italian entrepreneur‎ Mariano Di Vaio, photographed by Mariano Vivanco.

K as in controversy
It is Saturday and a beautiful warm summer day. I'm sitting here right now on a blanket, under a poplar tree on the bank of our home river. The wind is blowing lightly and cooling over me, making the poplar leaves sing. The sun's rays easily penetrate the mighty crown of the tree and throw a great play of light and shadow down on me. While I sit here and enjoy a cool non-alcoholic wheat and the soft sounds of deep house sounds enchant me, the scent of K blows around my nose. This scent is discussed very controversially. For some it is too synthetic, for others too characterless, and others celebrate it. Well, I already liked the original, but hadn't bought it because of its poor durability. Like many other fragrances, the edt is usually followed by an edp. So now also with K. Contrary to most opinions, I'm blown away by the edp and it really has what it takes to become my new signature. Where we can now also come directly to the scent course...

One thing in advance, the DNA of the original is still present. The prelude is a fresh and cooling mix of citrus fruits. The blood orange and juniper berries stand out. The composition is already accompanied in the top note by the sweet creamy texture of fig milk. This combination of freshness and creaminess simply skin me over. This is really cool shit! So little by little the fragrance then plays itself in the direction of sweet and fruity. Here the contained nuances are almost indistinguishable, but it still smells harmonious and deeper than the original
The durability has improved significantly compared to the original and you are rewarded with 4 sprayers with 8-9h. In the first two hours it projects properly, after that it flattens out a bit but still stays present.

The flacon has not changed except for the colour and I like it very much. Despite many opinions, I don't find it kitschy and beautiful to look at. Especially the lid, which is a grain here, I like very much
Finally it remains to say that D&G did everything right with the Edp of K what didn't fit with the Edt. At least for me! If you like the original, you can have a go at it here. Who didn't like the Edt because of its weaknesses should at least test it. All other people who didn't like or dislike DNA in general, hands off! Anyway, I like it and wear it with pride, because I think this king suits me very well
K for King?
K. Just K and done. Basically I'm a big fan when people are able to get to the point with what they want to tell you. But a simple, single letter for a fragrance takes getting used to.

I wonder what the K stands for King? Maybe even emperor? The "jeweled crown" as a clasp makes a good impression at least visually and is a pleasant change from the clasp monotony in the industry.

But at the end of the day, the content is what counts, so let's get down to business. Since it's an eau de parfum and not cologne, two sprayers should be enough for now.
Wrist to the nose and - whoa, what is that??? Extremely sharp in the beginning I'm inclined to wash the stuff off immediately, but I resist the urge and force myself to give it a second chance. So first distract myself for 30 minutes and then try a smell test again. And lo and behold, the sharpness of the beginning has given way to a citric base note, which I find quite interesting. I was rather prepared for a really sweet bomb, but as so often in life it just comes differently. This citrus note continues throughout the entire duration and this is very good for the fragrance.
As it progresses, K becomes slightly softer, rounder and more synthetic overall, but without ever becoming annoying. This also differentiates him from many others, which will eventually have to be classified under the heading of headache causes. I attribute the slight sweetness, which at some point comes to light, to a floral note.
Little by little the synthetics continue to assert themselves, yet the lemon still remains audible in the background. Towards the end, however, the lemon also fades away before the fragrance collapses and disappears relatively spontaneously. Until it comes to this point, however, 8 hours have passed, the time period could be extended considerably by a little more lavish activation of the spray head.

So, what's my résumé?
In my opinion, the fragrance is more suitable for young dynamics (or those who think they are :-) ), is not suitable for hot summer days due to its subliminal sweetness, easy to wear in autumn and spring, blessed with a good portion of durability. The Sillage is quite strong in the beginning, but then it diminishes just as much, in my opinion more is possible. Flacon: Nicely made, especially the "lid" is something different, something new.

A solid fragrance that fits perfectly into the Dolce & Gabbana line, yet I find better alternatives with the brand's better, as discussed the pour homme, which is much more independent and distinctive.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 50 days ago
It opens fresh, fruity and creamy with blood orange, juniper berries and the fig milk that remains the entire life of the perfume.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 52 days ago
K EDP is quite pleasant. Opens with a woody fig accord and drysdown to a similar version of the EDT but smoother and better.

by Phenomenos
by Phenomenos

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana D&G Feminine by Dolce & Gabbana