K 2019 Eau de Toilette

K (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana
K (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-synthetic. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesBlood orange, Sicilian lemon, Juniper berry
Heart Notes Heart NotesChili, Clary sage, Provençal lavender, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Vetiver, Patchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 22.06.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is Italian entrepreneur‎ Mariano Di Vaio, photographed by Mariano Vivanco.

Lesser King
Last year in the summer I wanted to get me a fresh perfume again. So I went out of pure interest in the Müller drugstore market and disappeared into the perfume department. I must honestly confess that I am absolutely not the fan of it to stay in any shops and sniff at perfume, because I strain my ham before my eyes every time too much and I run afterwards with headache from the shop, but no matter how it is, when I arrived in the Müller, I immediately noticed this lid with the crown of this fragrance. He lent me to spray me directly the fragrance on the wrist.

When I had applied the fragrance, I was really overwhelmed by the freshness that rose to my nose. At first I liked the scent and therefore I sprayed me 2-3 splashes on the neck and left the store. Outside in the fresh air I then noticed how beautiful the fragrance arrives when it is slightly windy and you the breeze of the fragrance flies past your nose.

I personally would claim that you can wear this fragrance at any time of year. One thing you have to say but; the scent comes in the summer but already a little better.

The only thing that could not convince me and why I will not buy this perfume again, is the durability. Well, you have to consider that this is still a Eu de Toilette, but still this fragrance evaporates with me after just 1-2 hours. Therefore, I find the price for this perfume then also accordingly not quite fair.

Nevertheless, really a very great, angemehmen and exciting perfume.
Unruh
Shower cap instead of crown
After the last few years I was here only reading, oversaturated by the monotony of designer fragrances and somewhat bored by niche fragrances, it's time again for a comment.
The trigger was the commercial for "K" during one of the past football games. Strangely uniform males in strangely over-slick clothing fumbling around with a random woman under a bright Mediterranean sun - la dolce vita, virility, eroticism. And the fragrance of course awakens exactly these associations...

...not!
The fragrance starts with beautifully fruity blood orange, followed by standing foot absolutely any shower gel freshness with minimal spice. Rarely were the promise and reality further away. I imagine a more fitting commercial as follows: A workman, maltreated but happy about the day's work, comes home, takes a shower, and then, freshly showered, hits the couch, because the early evening program is about to start. The usual boring everyday ritual, before it comes later to the uninspired weekly coitus with the beloved.

Why this caustic cynicism? Well, this fragrance is a prime example of the prevailing scents in the mass market. Either sticky-sticky-sweet or arbitrary-faceless-fresh. We are all familiar with well-known representatives of the latter scent. Sauvage, Bleu de Chanel and the like. Rarely really bad, but so completely arbitrary, contourless, meaningless. I can understand that success (for whatever reason) proves them right, but dare to do something! I don't expect classic masculine hummers like 40, 50 years ago. But a little more courage. Some designer fragrances of recent years have surprised me in this regard really positive. But the majority - see above.
And what please stands the name "K"? Dolce & Kabanna? As an internationally oriented brand surely not for crown (please, please not even here so dull unimaginative). Or Krown. I don't know.

This tirade against unimaginativeness and arbitrariness in mainstream men's fragrances would have been deserved by a great many current men's fragrances. Well, "K" got it now times.
To quote one of my favorite Christmas movies: "Hallelujah, where are the Valium?"
5.5
The smell of the world!
I was really looking forward to this scent at the time after seeing the advertisement where a guy on a motorbike rides the country roads of Italy. Unfortunately I was disappointed !
A fresh woody shower fragrance that you have smelled everywhere before. Don't get me wrong, when a newcomer to perfume tests this fragrance, I think he will be blown away by how good it is. But if you get a little more into the matter, you will label this scent as a "common scent". Or as a good friend of mine said, a "main thing - don't stink" scent. The EDP didn't knock me out either, so people don't even try it, there are far better candidates in the price range
Good all-purpose weapon
How long in possession: June 2020
Compliments: Only from women, but only in a rather narrow space like an elevator or when someone is standing very close by.
Season: difficult. For me rather a fragrance for the whole year
Age of the wearer: 25+
Location: Office and leisure. Nothing for clubbing as he is much too weak
Outfit: Whether jeans or suit. Fits to both
Reason for purchase: Sample preserved and found the fragrance very good
Will be bought again: No
Blind purchase: No
Comment: The fragrance is really very good for me because I would use it for anything, but it lacks the power. I don't feel the scent after 60min and my environment doesn't notice it anymore. You really have to get very close to me to notice anything. Not even 20 sprays are of any use. I like the scent, but the durability is not there. Probably I have to try the new EdP with the hope that the scent will last longer.

Fresco picante
Aroma agradable que abre con notas cítricas frescas las cuales se tornan rápidamente en un aroma punzante pero sin abandonar el toque de frescura sintética que acompaña a la fragancia en todo su recorrido. También posee notas aromáticas que recuerdan a los olores de barbería de los años 90.
Un perfume encantador, fresco y punzante que reinterpreta los aromas de barbería de los 90 con notas modenas que dan como resultado una fragancia totalmente recomendable sobre todo en los meses de primavera y verano.
Does the crowning touch?
Here in the Ruhrpott, you can't score points with overstatement - and if someone comes across as very pompous, he has to put up with the question: Do you press the crown?

Or O sound : Does datt press Krönken?

The person questioned in this way will then quickly become calmer.

But fortunately K has no royal airs and graces - because it comes to me in a friendly way.
No jagged edges fall from the crown, because it remains facing from start to finish.

The citric attack is fresh and invigorating - gently spiced with juniper and sage.
The chili gives some warmth - but only in the background.
Lavender provides peace and relaxation - supported by light patch and light woods.

In general, K is pleasantly translucent to transparent.

Masculine, but not rough - but very adaptable.

A good gift scent, for one of my husbands, who is also sociable - and who doesn't press the crown.

Elysium
The king is dead, long live the king!
"Long live the king!" connects to the heir who directly succeeds the throne after the death of the previous monarch. It means that the monarchy never dies even when the king does. When I saw the incredible bottle with such an extraordinary crown, I could not stop thinking about the crowned King Henry V.
To make a long story short, Prince Hal, rebel and heir to the English throne, is crowned King Henry V after the death of his tyrannical father.
Now the young king must explore the palace politics. The war that his father has left behind and the emotional strings of his past life.

I have no idea which king Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana were thinking when they designed K. For me, this is the fragrance that I imagine the true British monarch King Henry V would have rocked these days. Prince Hal was portrayed as a hedonist, rebellious and irresponsible, a kind of party boy who spends most of his time with gals and friends. And K is precisely all this, respecting traditions and, at the same time, opening up to modernity.

K by Dolce & Gabbana has been my wanted since I saw it on a perfumery shelf last year. The minimalist and square shape of the bottle, the blue juice, elegant and clean, and the crown-shaped cap immediately caught my attention. I read that the crown, handmade and coated with 24-karat gold pigments, undergoes an aging process that gives each sample a different finish; true or not, the result is remarkable. And the first spray did the rest... I lost myself in a suggestive olfactory adventure between the woody and aromatic notes of the Mediterranean midday, the shining sun, the landscape of an Italian avenue lined with cypresses up and down the Tuscan hills. I immediately recognized the hand of Nathalie Lorson. She has made thousands of billions of adorable things and is one of my favorite perfumers.

On my skin, the perfume is dry and acidic, with the citrus freshness of red-orange, spicy lemon and dusty bergamot, which surrounds my soul in a zealous embrace. There is a lot of harshness and sharpness. However, the resulting accord is not the most impressive of the citrus fruits I have ever encountered. Not similar to any of the fragrances of the hot seasons that I have, very far away from Cologne's CD Homme or Burberry Weekend, for example. Perhaps, the unexpected dryness I received comes from the essence of pepper, which adds that warmth to the overall top. The citrus effervescence is faded by the strength of the juniper berries, green and spicy. The notes jointly create a vibe like a burst of mothballs, which is unexpectedly pleasant, by the way.

The sparkling and lively character is highlighted by the heart notes with the aromatic accents of clary sage, combined with bright geranium and smooth lavender. Geranium stands out, a personal note for me, very fresh, sweet, and modern. The notes light up with a sparkle of spicy chili, an ingredient rarely used in designer perfumery, which adds a touch of warmth by inflaming the heart of the fragrance. The way it is used here is like buffalo sauce on chicken wings to give the tasteless spicy kick. So the allspice sizzles at the sight as lavender and clary sage give a herbal base for this.

K becomes really interesting when patchouli enters the heart accord and dry down happens. The warmth of allspice and the earthiness of patchouli are an ideal combination. Finally, you are intoxicated by the sensuality of the cedarwood, combined with the elegance of two typically masculine ingredients: the aromatic notes of the living vetiver and the sweetly spiced patchouli. As it goes deeper, the combination of particular varieties of patchouli and spices makes it hot and sexy as opposed to leathery or oriental. Whatever ambroxan is here, it's really smooth. This perfume is linear but very pleasant. It smells a bit synthetic but not harsh, shrill, scratchy, cloying, none of this.

K has a maximum duration of 8 hours and an average sillage. Slightly better than the average projection and longevity. It stays close but can be sniffed without burying the nose. Spray clothing for better performance and will last till the day after. Pimento peppers help balance the sharp notes of citrus fruits, soothe the wood, deepen the fragrance, further diffuse the aroma and keep it longer. Even though I received K as a Christmas present, I couldn't wait to rock it in the hot spring and summer, which are the best seasons for me, in my free time and in the office. In the end, I am entirely perplexed in all comparisons with Bleu de Chanel, Invictus, Sauvage, and so on. K has nothing to share with them, nothing.

Stay well; stay healthy.

-Elysium
Benedikt2019
Confessions or, "Long live the king!"
It hasn't happened to me yet that I deleted a statement of mine and bought the fragrance directly after re-testing it...why do you want to know? Then read on!

One shreds the scent, I had it at that time, I admit it gladly, only briefly tested and quickly downgraded it, I must admit to myself. Now the statement is goodbye and an extensive commi follows to crawl to the crosses. Crosses before this "king" with his sweet crown.

YesYes, the bottle is quite something, even though I'm not really into that much TAMAM, but it's somehow kitschy and beautiful and for the usual minimalism of D&G bottles almost beyond the norm. But, he is supposed to be the "King" of the Gabbanas. But is that true?
First of all you can state that we are dealing with a unique specimen, it smells independent and is not the 1000 "The One" waste. It is also a fragrance that is rightly controversial, because it can be placed in the corner of "non- fragrances" or "molecular fragrances". Here I think D&G just wanted to expeimate something and got two excellent perfumers in the house. And they have understood their craft.

As already mentioned, this fragrance is similar to molecular fragrances such as "Another 13" by Le Labo or the "Escentrics" (molecule + fragrances) by Escentric Molecules. It is therefore extremely fresh and at the same time super synthetic BUT and this is important to understand WANTED synthetic. It does not look cheap or tipped together when you smell it. More like a fragrance from the future, just worn out. At the beginning it is extremely "hot" fresh, which may be due to the lemon-chilli-berry mix. The cedar and the ambroxan, not mentioned above, give it a nice pencil note and a slightly metallic-repellent, sweaty, fresh effect. It is also a little scratchy, but always tart and very masculine. A fragrance for a well shaved, slightly androgynous, well-groomed man. The citric remains always vorhaden, but through the chili you perceive it rather sourly. A real scent experiment.

The durability is enormous, today I could smell it on me for a good 10 hours and even after jogging there was still a hint of it! The projection is also great, if you like scents appearing and disappearing every now and then, this is a good idea. I'm curious how it comes with heat, you have to dose down well, otherwise it radiates too much.

For me a real enrichment in the assortment, especially as I am very fond of fresh fragrances and also have a penchant for molecular scent cuisine. Since I am not a big D&G fan otherwise, since most of them are too straightened out for me, my praise for this one probably counts double :P

So if you also like molecular scents, fresh, intentionally synthetic, tart, masculine and spacy, then you should test this one. It must be said, however, that it is not for the first nose, testing it twice is mandatory, then you save yourself the admission, which I had to make here. So I remain with only one fitting exclamation of joy about my new addition: "Long live the king!"

In the swimming pool
Do you know that smell swimming pool fresh from the shower scent? If you are just entering the right bathroom ?

That's exactly what K! smells like
After water, after lots of shower gels, chlorine and a little bit of freshly washed swimming trunks. Very clean, quite pleasant but too light and attackable.

If you can get it cheap to spray in rough quantities, it would definitely be a nice thing for the really really hot days in summer. Not pungent, not particularly noticeable, simply friendly and so wonderfully clean.

But at the normal price it is absolutely unreasonable, so you better buy the much better, unique and eternally durable Light Blue Intense.
Eggs, we need eggs!
So the smell is not as bad as it comes off here in some comments, in my opinion. I find it quite pleasant, whereby I must say that it already appears quite thin with the first application. Here you have to help with several sprayers to create a noticeable scent aura around you. Well, D&G clearly does that better. The start is fruity with slight floral notes, which is unfortunately the problem with the complete fragrance character of this EdT. The fragrances are pleasing, pleasantly balanced but perceptually an absolute lightweight. One has the feeling that the individual nuances have been dealt with far too timidly here. The way is the right one, but apparently no one at Shiseido had the balls to really push the envelope. Maybe they simply relied on the fact that the fragrance will sell very well just because of the name D&G.
The later woody note of K is unfortunately lost after only a few minutes and the scent is almost no longer perceptible. What a pity, a real pity. As far as the mix is concerned, D & G has done a lot of things right for my taste. Unfortunately one has neglected to give the fragrance more durability. Even EdT can do this much better in the much lower price segment

KuraiKurai 6 months ago
"K" for King of the locker room. Fruity freshness. Heavily overpriced
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Absolute cheap and chemical blue 'perfume'. I prefer to smell floor washing detergent than this garbage. It gives me headaches
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
OMG the nth fruity-sweet-gourmand for man with no personality! very commercial and quite banal for its high price. Kitsch bottle.Disapponted

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
Der König am Strand
by Dawg
by Melanonym
by Melanonym

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Mysterious Night by Dolce & Gabbana