K 2019Eau de Toilette

K (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana
K (Eau de Toilette) is a new perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-synthetic. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesBlood orange, Sicilian lemon, Juniper berry
Heart Notes Heart NotesChili, Clary sage, Provençal lavender, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Vetiver, Patchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 24.11.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is Italian entrepreneur‎ Mariano Di Vaio, photographed by Mariano Vivanco.

5.5
The smell of the world!
I was really looking forward to this scent at the time after seeing the advertisement where a guy on a motorbike rides the country roads of Italy. Unfortunately I was disappointed !
A fresh woody shower fragrance that you have smelled everywhere before. Don't get me wrong, when a newcomer to perfume tests this fragrance, I think he will be blown away by how good it is. But if you get a little more into the matter, you will label this scent as a "common scent". Or as a good friend of mine said, a "main thing - don't stink" scent. The EDP didn't knock me out either, so people don't even try it, there are far better candidates in the price range
Good all-purpose weapon
How long in possession: June 2020
Compliments: Only from women, but only in a rather narrow space like an elevator or when someone is standing very close by.
Season: difficult. For me rather a fragrance for the whole year
Age of the wearer: 25+
Location: Office and leisure. Nothing for clubbing as he is much too weak
Outfit: Whether jeans or suit. Fits to both
Reason for purchase: Sample preserved and found the fragrance very good
Will be bought again: No
Blind purchase: No
Comment: The fragrance is really very good for me because I would use it for anything, but it lacks the power. I don't feel the scent after 60min and my environment doesn't notice it anymore. You really have to get very close to me to notice anything. Not even 20 sprays are of any use. I like the scent, but the durability is not there. Probably I have to try the new EdP with the hope that the scent will last longer.

Fresco picante
Aroma agradable que abre con notas cítricas frescas las cuales se tornan rápidamente en un aroma punzante pero sin abandonar el toque de frescura sintética que acompaña a la fragancia en todo su recorrido. También posee notas aromáticas que recuerdan a los olores de barbería de los años 90.
Un perfume encantador, fresco y punzante que reinterpreta los aromas de barbería de los 90 con notas modenas que dan como resultado una fragancia totalmente recomendable sobre todo en los meses de primavera y verano.
Does the crowning touch?
Here in the Ruhrpott, you can't score points with overstatement - and if someone comes across as very pompous, he has to put up with the question: Do you press the crown?

Or O sound : Does datt press Krönken?

The person questioned in this way will then quickly become calmer.

But fortunately K has no royal airs and graces - because it comes to me in a friendly way.
No jagged edges fall from the crown, because it remains facing from start to finish.

The citric attack is fresh and invigorating - gently spiced with juniper and sage.
The chili gives some warmth - but only in the background.
Lavender provides peace and relaxation - supported by light patch and light woods.

In general, K is pleasantly translucent to transparent.

Masculine, but not rough - but very adaptable.

A good gift scent, for one of my husbands, who is also sociable - and who doesn't press the crown.

Elysium
The king is dead, long live the king!
"Long live the king!" connects to the heir who directly succeeds the throne after the death of the previous monarch. It means that the monarchy never dies even when the king does. When I saw the incredible bottle with such an extraordinary crown, I could not stop thinking about the crowned King Henry V.
To make a long story short, Prince Hal, rebel and heir to the English throne, is crowned King Henry V after the death of his tyrannical father.
Now the young king must explore the palace politics. The war that his father has left behind and the emotional strings of his past life.

I have no idea which king Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana were thinking when they designed K. For me, this is the fragrance that I imagine the true British monarch King Henry V would have rocked these days. Prince Hal was portrayed as a hedonist, rebellious and irresponsible, a kind of party boy who spends most of his time with gals and friends. And K is precisely all this, respecting traditions and, at the same time, opening up to modernity.

K by Dolce & Gabbana has been my wanted since I saw it on a perfumery shelf last year. The minimalist and square shape of the bottle, the blue juice, elegant and clean, and the crown-shaped cap immediately caught my attention. I read that the crown, handmade and coated with 24-karat gold pigments, undergoes an aging process that gives each sample a different finish; true or not, the result is remarkable. And the first spray did the rest... I lost myself in a suggestive olfactory adventure between the woody and aromatic notes of the Mediterranean midday, the shining sun, the landscape of an Italian avenue lined with cypresses up and down the Tuscan hills. I immediately recognized the hand of Nathalie Lorson. She has made thousands of billions of adorable things and is one of my favorite perfumers.

On my skin, the perfume is dry and acidic, with the citrus freshness of red-orange, spicy lemon and dusty bergamot, which surrounds my soul in a zealous embrace. There is a lot of harshness and sharpness. However, the resulting accord is not the most impressive of the citrus fruits I have ever encountered. Not similar to any of the fragrances of the hot seasons that I have, very far away from Cologne's CD Homme or Burberry Weekend, for example. Perhaps, the unexpected dryness I received comes from the essence of pepper, which adds that warmth to the overall top. The citrus effervescence is faded by the strength of the juniper berries, green and spicy. The notes jointly create a vibe like a burst of mothballs, which is unexpectedly pleasant, by the way.

The sparkling and lively character is highlighted by the heart notes with the aromatic accents of clary sage, combined with bright geranium and smooth lavender. Geranium stands out, a personal note for me, very fresh, sweet, and modern. The notes light up with a sparkle of spicy chili, an ingredient rarely used in designer perfumery, which adds a touch of warmth by inflaming the heart of the fragrance. The way it is used here is like buffalo sauce on chicken wings to give the tasteless spicy kick. So the allspice sizzles at the sight as lavender and clary sage give a herbal base for this.

K becomes really interesting when patchouli enters the heart accord and dry down happens. The warmth of allspice and the earthiness of patchouli are an ideal combination. Finally, you are intoxicated by the sensuality of the cedarwood, combined with the elegance of two typically masculine ingredients: the aromatic notes of the living vetiver and the sweetly spiced patchouli. As it goes deeper, the combination of particular varieties of patchouli and spices makes it hot and sexy as opposed to leathery or oriental. Whatever ambroxan is here, it's really smooth. This perfume is linear but very pleasant. It smells a bit synthetic but not harsh, shrill, scratchy, cloying, none of this.

K has a maximum duration of 8 hours and an average sillage. Slightly better than the average projection and longevity. It stays close but can be sniffed without burying the nose. Spray clothing for better performance and will last till the day after. Pimento peppers help balance the sharp notes of citrus fruits, soothe the wood, deepen the fragrance, further diffuse the aroma and keep it longer. Even though I received K as a Christmas present, I couldn't wait to rock it in the hot spring and summer, which are the best seasons for me, in my free time and in the office. In the end, I am entirely perplexed in all comparisons with Bleu de Chanel, Invictus, Sauvage, and so on. K has nothing to share with them, nothing.

Stay well; stay healthy.

-Elysium
Benedikt2019
Confessions or, "Long live the king!"
It hasn't happened to me yet that I deleted a statement of mine and bought the fragrance directly after re-testing it...why do you want to know? Then read on!

One shreds the scent, I had it at that time, I admit it gladly, only briefly tested and quickly downgraded it, I must admit to myself. Now the statement is goodbye and an extensive commi follows to crawl to the crosses. Crosses before this "king" with his sweet crown.

YesYes, the bottle is quite something, even though I'm not really into that much TAMAM, but it's somehow kitschy and beautiful and for the usual minimalism of D&G bottles almost beyond the norm. But, he is supposed to be the "King" of the Gabbanas. But is that true?
First of all you can state that we are dealing with a unique specimen, it smells independent and is not the 1000 "The One" waste. It is also a fragrance that is rightly controversial, because it can be placed in the corner of "non- fragrances" or "molecular fragrances". Here I think D&G just wanted to expeimate something and got two excellent perfumers in the house. And they have understood their craft.

As already mentioned, this fragrance is similar to molecular fragrances such as "Another 13" by Le Labo or the "Escentrics" (molecule + fragrances) by Escentric Molecules. It is therefore extremely fresh and at the same time super synthetic BUT and this is important to understand WANTED synthetic. It does not look cheap or tipped together when you smell it. More like a fragrance from the future, just worn out. At the beginning it is extremely "hot" fresh, which may be due to the lemon-chilli-berry mix. The cedar and the ambroxan, not mentioned above, give it a nice pencil note and a slightly metallic-repellent, sweaty, fresh effect. It is also a little scratchy, but always tart and very masculine. A fragrance for a well shaved, slightly androgynous, well-groomed man. The citric remains always vorhaden, but through the chili you perceive it rather sourly. A real scent experiment.

The durability is enormous, today I could smell it on me for a good 10 hours and even after jogging there was still a hint of it! The projection is also great, if you like scents appearing and disappearing every now and then, this is a good idea. I'm curious how it comes with heat, you have to dose down well, otherwise it radiates too much.

For me a real enrichment in the assortment, especially as I am very fond of fresh fragrances and also have a penchant for molecular scent cuisine. Since I am not a big D&G fan otherwise, since most of them are too straightened out for me, my praise for this one probably counts double :P

So if you also like molecular scents, fresh, intentionally synthetic, tart, masculine and spacy, then you should test this one. It must be said, however, that it is not for the first nose, testing it twice is mandatory, then you save yourself the admission, which I had to make here. So I remain with only one fitting exclamation of joy about my new addition: "Long live the king!"

In the swimming pool
Do you know that smell swimming pool fresh from the shower scent? If you are just entering the right bathroom ?

That's exactly what K! smells like
After water, after lots of shower gels, chlorine and a little bit of freshly washed swimming trunks. Very clean, quite pleasant but too light and attackable.

If you can get it cheap to spray in rough quantities, it would definitely be a nice thing for the really really hot days in summer. Not pungent, not particularly noticeable, simply friendly and so wonderfully clean.

But at the normal price it is absolutely unreasonable, so you better buy the much better, unique and eternally durable Light Blue Intense.
Eggs, we need eggs!
So the smell is not as bad as it comes off here in some comments, in my opinion. I find it quite pleasant, whereby I must say that it already appears quite thin with the first application. Here you have to help with several sprayers to create a noticeable scent aura around you. Well, D&G clearly does that better. The start is fruity with slight floral notes, which is unfortunately the problem with the complete fragrance character of this EdT. The fragrances are pleasing, pleasantly balanced but perceptually an absolute lightweight. One has the feeling that the individual nuances have been dealt with far too timidly here. The way is the right one, but apparently no one at Shiseido had the balls to really push the envelope. Maybe they simply relied on the fact that the fragrance will sell very well just because of the name D&G.
The later woody note of K is unfortunately lost after only a few minutes and the scent is almost no longer perceptible. What a pity, a real pity. As far as the mix is concerned, D & G has done a lot of things right for my taste. Unfortunately one has neglected to give the fragrance more durability. Even EdT can do this much better in the much lower price segment
Game of Dethrones
Honestly, that's the name of the famous TV series "Game of Thrones". I mean, every felt 2nd episode someone is pushed from the throne if not decapitated...

The situation is similar in the perfume industry, where products can no longer be heroes for so long. You have to build up a following very fast, and hardly are a few "Flanker" through, - already the next "newest", "best" smell comes.

It's almost cynical how Dolce & Gabbana are now crowning this blue... So whoever wants to be king should go for this one? Hm.

It would be nice, of course, but after: D&G By Man, the consistently solid "Light Blue pour Homme" series, and then "The One", the ideal successor to By Man, a truly exceptional perfume, is not such an easy task.
The flankers of The One showed that neither "Gentleman" nor "The One Grey" could replace his father. More like "For fans".

And now this... and again in hue like the last two attempts when Gentleman was in that subdued blue, and The Grey One... well, grey :D, then K is exactly in between.

And that also points to the orientation, it's something fresh and woody, with a bit of spices, and a bit of sweetness. So "wanting to please anyone at any price"... yes don't touch anything.

Every time I smell something like that these days, I'd like to dip the head of the product manager in charge into a tub full of Gaultier "Le Male" (1995 formulation) until he gets a little clearer in the head. :))

You can blaspheme about Le Male whatever you want, but Le Male has it with this slightly aggressive, demanding spice (I think it's related to mustard, lavender and mint...), the maritime freshness, but also a strong and yet bearable, even addictive vanilla sweetness, in all categories everything done better than pretty much any freshman who came since!

Of course you can wear K and feel cool and hip, because you now have the latest in what you see every day on TV or on the subway advertising. Because for everyone it smells a bit like a fresh shower and a little bit sexy.
Lavender, juniper berry and sage create a pleasant, "Acqua di Gio"-like feeling of attractive freshness that you can like
Somehow K for me lies between Acqua di Gio and Light Blue pour Homme, in his impression.

And that makes it about as superfluous to me as the 10th Spanish apple variety on the Billa shelf. ':D

Then there's the smart & fresh marketing department (I'm sure the meetings will be held via Snapchat...) that chose a name that brought our current youth movement into the product. Just not too many words, uncool. Just be, don't ask. I'm fine. I'm fine. K. All right? KK!

So who would have liked to have Acqua di Gio or Sauvage imitated by D&G, with quite similarity to Light Blue, only that it does "hipper" (but is not), can now draw from the full.

Otherwise:
Fierce is hotter
Aventus is nobler
Elysium is... more expensive :D
Allure homme sports is better.
F By Ferragamo is more authentic
And... Le Male wipes with K your car windows.

I could keep going, but I think you get my point. :)

D&G, please next time a little more creativity and courage, K? ;)
Fragrance (O)K
When I saw this fragrance in the preview I was already curious about this fragrance. To a cool name including bottle there is an interesting fragrance pyramid. Blood orange and chili sounds interesting at first, especially in the station wagon. D&G is hardly represented in my collection, but the releases are mostly quite good. The One & Light Blue are of course the big stars who, in my opinion, always go.
Fortunately, a sample was enclosed with one of my last fragrance orders. I was glad I wanted to test this one anyway. A small sample is always great, because you can test this scent several times.

The bottle is really good and should appeal especially to young men. I'm surprised this King thing gets picked up so late. This King-Queen thing has as much potential as the gold bar, The Invictus Cup or the like in this direction. I think the crown as a lid is really cool.
What do you expect from a K(ing)? Rather a loud, self-confident fragrance with a touch of youthful carelessness and playfulness. Something you can't get here. K comes across a little shy on me, which is due to very mild Sillage. Close to the sprayed area it is well perceptible and maybe also a little bit about up close, but not worthy for a king. Also of the fragrance type rather an inconspicuous fragrance. I like this scent, but it goes in the direction of shower gel scent. Nothing negative for me, but with such fragrance types I expect better performance, especially from brands like D&G. Also the durability is rather moderate.
The scent is quickly described: You get a shower gel scent. A bit of fruit, a bit of bitter spice, a slightly softened vibe. What stands out is chili. Not too strong, but in combination with fresh notes a great addition. The orange-juniper berry is also well recognizable in the opening. After approx. 1 hour it is a quite soft smell, which reminds me easily of foam bath. Very pleasant, but, as I said, clearly too soft. The base is also quite nice with lots of vetiver.

I don't think it's as bad as rated here, but I wouldn't recommend it because of its moderate performance. A scent that will hardly attract attention. D&G is unfortunately a brand that I have often noticed with performance problems. Could nevertheless become a well-sold fragrance due to good concoctions.

JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 1 year ago
Absolute cheap and chemical blue 'perfume'. I prefer to smell floor washing detergent than this garbage. It gives me headaches
Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
OMG the nth fruity-sweet-gourmand for man with no personality! very commercial and quite banal for its high price. Kitsch bottle.Disapponted

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
Der König am Strand
by Dawg
by Pistazieneis
by Pistazieneis

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme Intense by Dolce & Gabbana