L'Impératrice 2009

L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana
L'Impératrice is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2009. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesRed currant, Kiwi, Rhubarb
Heart Notes Heart NotesPink cyclamen, Watermelon
Base Notes Base NotesGrapefruit wood, Musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 24.11.2020.

The scent was re-released in 2020.

3,2,1.. Fruit bomb
For me personally unfortunately much too fruity. I am not a big fan of fruity fragrances in general, but I like to try it again and again. For me it's more a fragrance for U30. The rhubarb and watermelon unfortunately smell very synthetic on my skin. I have often smelled the fragrance on other people and I liked it... very summery, fruity and fresh. So I can understand why others like it. Shelf life is good.
Summer - Sun - Happiness
When I wear this scent, I'm happy. Immediately and automatically. I put it on and feel as if I had spent a wonderful summer day: it was warm, but not hot. It wasn't humid and there was a pleasant soft breeze. As the day draws to a close, I take a fresh shower and change for the evening and put it back on. I feel happy and content in my pretty and yet comfortable outfit and I set off for a wonderful garden where I meet with friends to spend a nice summer evening.

This fruity, fresh, slightly floral fragrance is really happiness and (pleasant) summer sun in a bottle.
The great love.
That smell. That unique scent. This fragrance I had to have immediately, which makes me happy, lifts my spirits and will probably remain forever an integral part of my collection. I got to know the fragrance in Vienna, long girls' weekend and we got ready for Vienna at night. I sat at the table and stroked my lips, a friend stood at the table and sprayed the perfume into her hair. Immediately it was all over me. I had never smelled anything like it before. Clean, fresh, fruity, sophisticated, chic and just amazing. It's floral, but not sweet. It's fresh, but not citrus. I was in love instantly. I also love musk. The very next day, I bought the scent. Overpriced, as it is often half of the UVB, yet I have never regretted it. I wear it all the time and just feel comfortable with it. I also know that not every second woman smells of it and I hope that it stays that way. So I probably shouldn't have written such a positive review ;)
MissViolett
Pool party of the fruits
or
New dresses for the empress! br />
Beautiful early summer day.
Single white cotton clouds on an azure blue sky.
Crystal clear water sparkling in the sun.
A refreshingly citric breeze wafts through the majestic garden. It comes from the small bar, right next to the great pool. A dozen glasses are waiting there for refreshment with clinking ice cubes, in between slices of lemon and lime.
The first fruits arrive.
A cheeky kiwi dashes purposefully ahead and bang: butt bomb into the tempting pool. Laughter and amused looks.
Unexpectedly, the otherwise so quiet Mr. Rhubarb follows immediately with a perfect candle into the cool, clear water. His son immediately follows him. Surprise and admiration from all sides.
Even the melon no longer keeps it dry and happily lets it roll into the refreshing water. It dives under with a big splash, but quickly reappears again and is welcomed by the other fruits.
Look out! Here I come!
I jump into the water with joyful anticipation, my arms uplifted and cheering. My little crown flies off my head during my exuberant jump. Into the cool water. Happy and elated, right in the middle of it all.
A wonderful refreshment and the party, called life, goes on, naturally wrapped in my delicious fruits.
Plum brandy to spray on
The title shouldn't have a negative connotation - on the contrary, the perfume reminds me a little bit of a plum brandy only packed just right as a perfume. It smells fresh and light but just like a plum - I love to wear this perfume and can recommend it to everyone who likes fruity fresh scents. The shelf life is also very good
Anneme
freshly showered, but without aquatics
Since 2011 a faithful companion and already 3 times bought, this fragrance was long my signature fragrance.
I find it fruity and fresh at the same time, clean and neat, but not too sweet. The start is very tangy, melon and lemon strongly in the foreground, but this settles down during the day and becomes softer and the musk comes through. For me one of the "freshly showered" fragrances, without aquatic notes. Rather, it reminds me of freshly washed hair, after a visit to the hairdresser, and not infrequently I get compliments that my hair smells so wonderfully good, freshly washed - and I know that's the L'imperatrice cloud I walk through in the morning.

Half a year ago, my colleague came into the office, sat down opposite me and I immediately thought: What a wonderful freshly showered, clean, well-groomed smell! She too had walked through the L'imperatrice cloud in the morning and I was reminded again how wonderfully I like the scent, even after 9 years!
Just now...
...I received a package from dear CandyScent. In it was not only my bought perfume from him...but also some goodies (many thanks again at this point) including this fragrance
This scent is often recommended on YT, so my curiosity was accordingly large to try this so often praised scent. First of all I have to say that I'm not too much of a friend of fruit scents...but I'd like to be proven wrong.

So after the spray merged with my skin, I heard...Pickle?! I wondered why I sniffed it again...but cucumber! But it's not even present in the scent pyramid? After the third sniff the cucumber was gone...displaced by kiwi and watermelon...and this mix stays on my skin for a long time...at the end I smell like freshly showered. A peck too fruity to my taste, but still bearable.

I like the scent... it's fluffy, fluffy, summery. I can see why it's popular. It is fruity sweet, but not sticky fruity sweet...I take another deep breath...but...I like it. Would I buy it myself?! Definitely NO...let me have it?! Definitely YES...therefore recommended by me as a gift tip...you can't do anything wrong with it, especially if you don't know what kind of fragrances the presentee likes

Sweet melon????
By chance I sniffed at this scent. I didn't like the bottle very much and expected to be disappointed. After the first spraying it smelled like banana. With Corona mask on the olfactory cells are probably not so the hit ;)
A few days later I bought it and tested it without a mask. To me it just smells like melon. Sweet melon. At first very strong and later a little bit weaker after the initial alcoholic smell has dissipated a bit. I find this scent just fruity, slightly sweet but very fruity. For me a nice summer scent! I find the fragrance very girlish or something for young adults who stayed young ;)
Flacon and packaging are kept simple, especially the packaging does not serve any purpose. Who loves melon might have found exactly the right one here. The scent lasts very long!
Exotic-fresh summer cocktail
For Mother's Day I am also writing a commentary on a women's fragrance. I hope all mothers had a nice day and have a nice rest of the evening. I have chosen this fragrance for a comment because I like to give it away. This has several reasons: Dolce & Gabbana as a brand stands for class to me and is highly regarded. Scent-wise there are some performance problems, but the fragrances are in my opinion flawless. In the lead are the two men's and women's ranges The One & Light Blue. Las geschenk pretty much everyone is happy about a rather more expensive D&G fragrance. The nice thing is: You can get it for under 50 Euro a 100ml, which is absolutely fair. Another advantage of this fragrance: It is very unique and many non perfume freaks don't know it. In addition, it is very unique, but still it meets the tastes of many. All in all for me many aspects, which speak for a gift.

All in all, the collection with the numbers and the French nicknames is rather unknown. This one is more known there, especially here at Parfumo. Especially in the warmer months this 3 comes extremely well.
The bottle is really great. Simple with numbers and subtitles, plus a classic D&G. Great design. Makes a good addition to any collection What I like most about this fragrance: The exotic fruits, as you can't smell them like in every other fragrance. This kiwi note is the absolute star of this fragrance. Together with melon and rhubarb it mixes to a good mood cocktail and can score super at high temperatures, but also on mild sunny days. The kiwi and melon are in the foreground throughout the whole course, which is very juicy and refreshing. Only after a few hours does it fade away soft and woody. It is beautifully feminine and wearable from young to old. Especially younger ladies will feel extremely comfortable with it, as the DNA is modern and in a good mood. Sex appeal is also present, but not too playful.
Performance is good. Just as a fresh summer scent and rather for leisure time it is absolutely sufficient. Since I see it also most likely: leisure. Sun. Good mood. Trips.

For me, a fragrance that I always like to give away and would possibly like to give away in the future. Definitely affordable. Also ladies who are still looking for a fruity fresh scent I recommend this one.
Eaumygosh
From the life of a shampoo sniffer
The love for beautiful fragrances has accompanied me since my earliest childhood. Back when descriptive bottles of fine perfumes were still far away, I found another way to satisfy my growing desire for beautiful fragrances. The solution was called: Herbal Essences. Yes, the shampoo brand that made women scream with happiness in the shower. At least, if you can believe the ads. I too was enchanted by the soft tinted gels, loved to open the cap every now and then and just sniff the fruity, floral and fresh scents. The typical scent of gel-like shampoo textures. While the creamy and milky ones always smelled of "care", it was the "transparent" softly tinted gels whose fragrance meant pure summer feeling for me. The same applies to shower gels, by the way. Whereby more in this category often the care scents are more pleasing. Very well then. Why am I talking about shampoos at all ? In a perfume forum.

The answer is easy: L'Impératrice is the fragrance of my childhood, captured in a pastel pink perfume. The scent of a wonderfully fruity and fresh shampoo. Clean, sophisticated, pleasantly fruity, discreetly floral and not too sweet. Melon and kiwi determine the fragrance - tangy and fruity fresh, embedded in a woody base and a few delicate flowers. I do not perceive a fragrance on my skin. With time, the fragrance simply weakens until only a delicate woody touch remains on the skin. The shelf life on clothing is a solid 5-6 hours. On the skin 4. the sillage is very close to the skin, but the scent is still noticeable.

"L'Impératrice" is such a wonderfully uncomplicated fragrance. One should neither expect an explosion of spices nor a play of unique scent chords. Just a wonderful good-humoured fragrance that is also wonderfully popular with your fellow men. It has already brought me many compliments. I love him too. And this although my relationship with fruity perfumes is a rather difficult one. I have often noticed- If there is a disturbing note in a fragrance that makes me feel uncomfortable or even nauseous, then it is usually a fruit. Be it the currant in "Sì" or the plum in "Bottega Venneta". Fruity chords can quickly slide into the unpleasantly sour and rotten. Especially if the perfume is rather heavy. This is not the case with this fragrance - it smells fruity, fresh and clear. Nothing disturbs here. The "3" is one of my favourite spring and summer scents for everyday life, which takes me on a fragrance journey through childhood again and again. So beautiful

TruckladyTrucklady 1 year ago
A watermelon-kiwi blend dulled and blunted by wood notes. Opening and first 5 min are superb. Kind of heads nowhere after that... Sad.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
One of the most headache inducing fragrances ever. Can't stand it

by Ohoxox
by Frauduftet
by Frauduftet
by Ergreifend
by Ergreifend
Bevor das brave Zeug verschickt wurde.
by Stanze
by Fairycube
by LanaL
by LanaL

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme Intense by Dolce & Gabbana D&G Feminine by Dolce & Gabbana