L'Impératrice 2009

L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana
L'Impératrice is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2009. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesRed currant, Kiwi, Rhubarb
Heart Notes Heart NotesPink cyclamen, Watermelon
Base Notes Base NotesGrapefruit wood, Musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.05.2021.

The scent was re-released in 2020.

The Emperor’s Lover, Concubine, and finally Wife
I found this perfume on sale at my local store by chance. The 100ml cost only €40, a little less than half the retail price—the small 50ml bottle cost €43. Without overthinking, I took a strip of paper and tried a couple of sprays. Damn! Given the pale pink colour of the liquid that shines through from the beautiful square, heavy glass bottle with rounded corners and a nice solid black plastic cap, I never expected to smell those greenish and sour chords. The more the perfume calmed, letting the alcoholic part evaporate, the more I felt attracted. The scent smells super fresh and mouth-watering right in the beginning. As it was the last day of the promotion, and the shop was closing, I put it in the cart, without further ado, without even trying it on my skin. And I have not regretted it.

I realize that I have arrived inside the house, with my purchase in my jacket pocket. I take it right off the bat, discard it, and spray it on the back of my hand, two sprays. And here magic happens, the surprise is even greater than that experienced just before in the store. Something lights in my mind, a smell I know, so familiar Garnier Fructis hair products, no question about it. The spell is done! L’Imperatrice opens very juicy with the bittersweet rhubarb balancing the luscious kiwi and tart red currants to give a highly fresh fruity air. The paper strip amplifies the notes of berries and rhubarb, whereas my warm skin enhances the fruity side of kiwi. It is tart and has an almost sour opening, distant from the classic citric colognes—a burst of watery, fruity goodness. You will get some bitter zestiness all over; that is the Pamplewood from the base, a Firmenich perfumery ingredient displaying both grapefruit and woody notes.

But the scent is not only fruity; it is also floral and aquatic leaven. The heart appears a little more floral with the soft wild cyclamen, the tiny ones hidden in the undergrowth. A salty watermelon adds a bit of an aquatic feel, but the heart is primarily fruity and flowery. It’s still sour, in a good way, and since watermelon isn’t calone-like, it’s fragile. The watermelon is dominant, not at all cloying, and presumably, the pinkish colour of the liquid refers to it.

The drying is exemplary but light, with the dominance of citrus wood. White musk is clean, and sandalwood is slightly dusty and creamy. Eventually, the fruits fade, and the flowers subside. It ends with a nice, clean but not too soapy white musk. After wearing it myself, I noticed that the moss grips my skin. Both cyclamen and watermelon give it an aquatic quality that intensifies men’s skin, so I find it friendly to change from the usual summer colognes to citrus. It is a fresher fragrance of mountain water rather than salty seawater.

On my nose, the keynotes are herbaceous rhubarb, juicy watermelon, and citrusy Pamplewood. The Empress is suitable for the warmer seasons, perfect for the beach or the stickiest days. She has that fresh shower vibe. Although it reminds me of the scent of Fructis shampoo, I feel that this scent is much more refined; it’s a shocking mixture. The notes they combined come together in the most seductive and flattering way. I feel damn confident that most men will like The Empress. Longevity is moderate, barely half a day for me. And so does the sillage, reasonable in the first hour. Nobody will smell you as you walk into the room, but it’s there. I would say the performance is average and fair for a fresh EDT.

I based the review on a 100ml bottle I have owned since May 2021.

-Elysium
beautiful floral/fruity fragrance
Claudia Schiffer was the model for the perfume and exactly reminds me of the fragrance sexy, light, a little sweet and fruity no corners and no edges but is still special. The fragrance simply pleases and can be worn in the evening or tagesübertragen.ist rather a fragrance for hotter days.
Jasmin2102
Pampers Kandoo but much better!!!
My first thought when I smelled the L'Impératrice filling was: you know the smell from your childhood! Reminds me extremely of the Pampers Kandoo wet wipes, the purple-green ones with the frog that smell like melon? But really not unpleasant at all but positive!

The scent for me is: summer afternoon, freshly showered and creamed, a light linen dress, cycling through flowering meadows and then eating fruitcake under a big tree in the shade, sun rays envelop the body with warmth, soft summer breeze, good mood, slightly synthetic but not sticky

No oppressive blinding heat and no cool splashy outdoor pool summer bomb either!!!
More like a warm garden with a pack of frog wet wipes to go with it (only in subtle and unobtrusive)?
RekaB
Oh, you mighty empress! I love your melons!
I have known this perfume for a very long time, but I have fallen in love only NOW!

My first contact was about 10 years ago, I saw this beautiful bottle in the duty free shop at the airport in Vienna. I chose it totally spontaneously for my flight and sprayed me eagerly with it.

Flight, Virgin Mary, vacation, out of the everyday life- have therefore become my very first associations with it.
After that, every few years, I sniffed the fragrance here and there again when I was in the store, but never had it in my assortment myself.
Now, 10 years later, I see it again in the store. Again, like a curious child, I sprayed it on and the feeling of Virgin Mary and Airport came back to me. This time though, I took the scent home with me. Okay, not quite, I ordered it.

The scent is fruity, happy, sensual, fresh and it awakens the empress in me. Yes, I don't wear it to the airport now like I did then, but I do wear it when I want to feel really alive, dynamic, energetic and take off!

I don't know how, but this fragrance awakens my energy reserves. After a tiring night, with our 2 toddlers (2 years and 7 months) , I spray it on myself 2-3 times, put them both in the sibling stroller and off we go for a jog! Yes, I think every day we have to decide again, what do we want to get out of our day?! Does the whole day have to be dragging just because the night was too?

Scents can do sooooo incredibly much with our mood. With me at least very much. (Yes, I crazy even wear perfume while jogging. lol)

The scent is tangy and colorful like a fruit salad, which some here have already described. Big juicy melon, fresh rhubarb, exotic kiwi, oooh god is it awesome! I can see summer already!!!!! Pure energy and lust for life.

And the durability is nothing to scoff at, even though it's a fresh fruity scent, my sports clothes smelled like it the next day too.

Price performance ratio fits in my opinion.

The bottle is plain and simple but still somehow powerful & bulky. Exactly that pleases me so much.

For me, it is an ultimate spring and summer fragrance!
Empress, you are wonderful. You bring out my best side. I'm glowing, no matter how exhausting this night has been once again. I make the best of it, just like you make the best of my mood.

Pasadena
!! Peach for President !!
Today two years at Parfumo ..... and still not rated my signature scent. Goes yes GAR not!

There's not much to say, really. L'Impératrice has the 3 FRs: fruity, bold, fresh. Total peach drone, even though there's no peach in it - modern-day mystery! I've been using it for over 12 years, bottles dying like flies, but I can't even remember how I came up with it.

I also like to call him "Lone Survivor" - he's the sole survivor from the Anthology series of originally .... how many? .... at least 11 colleagues. Also, he seems to jealously defend his position - I love fruity perfumes, but when researching in advance I always found: don't need it, L'Impératrice has it all! I don't know how many fragrances I have NOT tested because of him.

Even in phases where I wasn't so dufte on it, I instinctively applied it. In my handbag is always an emergency atomizer .... even if my day fragrance is officially another and is also taken along.

If I had to match L'Impératrice to a song, it would be "Fresh" by Cool & The Gang. "He's fresh, is so fresh, exciting ... fresh as a summer breeze, mm-yeah!"

If someone forced me to commit to one scent for the rest of my life, I'd go with L'Impératrice because it fits my goofy disposition well.

(The Terminator in me, however, would go after that "someone" who forced it on me!!)
SMKB
Addictive factor developed within hours ❤
At the first sniff too flat, too one-dimensional, too drogerieduschgelmäßig. And from hour to hour I liked the scent better and better, I have inner again sniffed my wrist and re-sprayed several times, because I could not get enough smell.
For me, a fragrance like a sunny, pleasantly warm, clearly not blistering hot summer day, lots of green, juicy fruit, lots of freshness, clarity, evtl a few harmless sheep clouds in the blue sky, a light, gentle breeze.
Nothing brooding, sultry, for me also definitely not too sweet or even powdery, creamy, sticky. I smell neither musk nor sandalwood directly out, but think it is exactly these notes that made it so fascinating for me in combination with the fruity notes after two, three hours of wearing, initial skepticism and only after noticing all the notes in combination. A dream for the bright, warm season, but I will probably continue to wear it in the winter
3,2,1.. Fruit bomb
For me personally unfortunately much too fruity. I am not a big fan of fruity fragrances in general, but I like to try it again and again. For me it's more a fragrance for U30. The rhubarb and watermelon unfortunately smell very synthetic on my skin. I have often smelled the fragrance on other people and I liked it... very summery, fruity and fresh. So I can understand why others like it. Shelf life is good.
Summer - Sun - Happiness
When I wear this scent, I'm happy. Immediately and automatically. I put it on and feel as if I had spent a wonderful summer day: it was warm, but not hot. It wasn't humid and there was a pleasant soft breeze. As the day draws to a close, I take a fresh shower and change for the evening and put it back on. I feel happy and content in my pretty and yet comfortable outfit and I set off for a wonderful garden where I meet with friends to spend a nice summer evening.

This fruity, fresh, slightly floral fragrance is really happiness and (pleasant) summer sun in a bottle.
The great love.
That smell. That unique scent. This fragrance I had to have immediately, which makes me happy, lifts my spirits and will probably remain forever an integral part of my collection. I got to know the fragrance in Vienna, long girls' weekend and we got ready for Vienna at night. I sat at the table and stroked my lips, a friend stood at the table and sprayed the perfume into her hair. Immediately it was all over me. I had never smelled anything like it before. Clean, fresh, fruity, sophisticated, chic and just amazing. It's floral, but not sweet. It's fresh, but not citrus. I was in love instantly. I also love musk. The very next day, I bought the scent. Overpriced, as it is often half of the UVB, yet I have never regretted it. I wear it all the time and just feel comfortable with it. I also know that not every second woman smells of it and I hope that it stays that way. So I probably shouldn't have written such a positive review ;)
MissViolett
Pool party of the fruits
or
New dresses for the empress! br />
Beautiful early summer day.
Single white cotton clouds on an azure blue sky.
Crystal clear water sparkling in the sun.
A refreshingly citric breeze wafts through the majestic garden. It comes from the small bar, right next to the great pool. A dozen glasses are waiting there for refreshment with clinking ice cubes, in between slices of lemon and lime.
The first fruits arrive.
A cheeky kiwi dashes purposefully ahead and bang: butt bomb into the tempting pool. Laughter and amused looks.
Unexpectedly, the otherwise so quiet Mr. Rhubarb follows immediately with a perfect candle into the cool, clear water. His son immediately follows him. Surprise and admiration from all sides.
Even the melon no longer keeps it dry and happily lets it roll into the refreshing water. It dives under with a big splash, but quickly reappears again and is welcomed by the other fruits.
Look out! Here I come!
I jump into the water with joyful anticipation, my arms uplifted and cheering. My little crown flies off my head during my exuberant jump. Into the cool water. Happy and elated, right in the middle of it all.
A wonderful refreshment and the party, called life, goes on, naturally wrapped in my delicious fruits.

ElysiumElysium 3 days ago
On my nose, the keynotes are herbaceous rhubarb, juicy watermelon, and citrusy Pamplewood. I feel damn confident that most men will like it!
TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
A watermelon-kiwi blend dulled and blunted by wood notes. Opening and first 5 min are superb. Kind of heads nowhere after that... Sad.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
One of the most headache inducing fragrances ever. Can't stand it

This scent gives me a fresh vibe..a vibe of freedom!
by MariaS
by Frauduftet
by Frauduftet
by Ergreifend
by Ergreifend
Bevor das brave Zeug verschickt wurde.
by Stanze
by Fairycube
by LanaL
by LanaL

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Mysterious Night by Dolce & Gabbana D&G Feminine by Dolce & Gabbana