L'Impératrice 2009

L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana
L'Impératrice is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2009. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation

Nathalie Lorson

WatermelonWatermelon
Base Notes Base NotesGrapefruit wood
MuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.09.2021.

The scent was re-released in 2020.

Parfumlove93
Summery fresh fruit mix, suitable for everyday use
The is already old but for me quite new.
Someone very dear had recommended him to me here.
I probably would not have tested him because the bottle is so simple. Yet I like it somehow now so really good, it looks valuable and simple, straightforward.
So when I last time (with ffp2 mask at 28 degrees) "cozy" stood in front of the perfume shelf and somehow everything once again smelled the same (so's me very often when testing in the store, unfortunately) he caught my eye and I remembered the recommendation.
I immediately found that he smelled quite different from everything previously tested and that he was really very suitable for the warm temperatures. A real fruit explosion. Watermelon, rhubarb, kiwi fruit salad comes to one first. I partially understand the associations with bodyspray etc. however for me it smells beautiful, high quality. Light, soft fruity, a little bit sweet, rather not sour on my skin.
In the course, the fruit explosion weakens a little and a slightly floral note comes in, a little clean musk evtl towards the end. I have read that some think of shower gel or shampoo in the fragrance and I also see something like that, in the best sense but. Clean and fresh despite all the fruit.
With a shelf life of 4-5 hours actually okay for the price and an EDT. On the clothes still the next day well perceptible.
As mentioned very well wearable in warm temperatures, but he also does well in cooler weather.
When I then found a super offer (about 30 euros / 100ml) I immediately struck and am very happy with it. A really great fragrance for little money. Everyday and somehow not so extraordinary actually, but still different than most others on the market at the moment. In my opinion for all ages from young to old. Definitely summer, but certainly wearable in the fall, maybe winter? We'll see. If you don't know this one yet you should definitely give it a try. :)
DonJuanDeCat
Game of Thrones, the new series!
Wait, before you start jumping around the room hoping to see a new series of Game of Thrones, when all you really want to see are the endless sex scenes (yes yes, especially taboo topics like the incestuous making out of siblings Cersei and Jaime,... or Arya, who you couldn't wait to finally see naked as well, as it, oh finally, happened in the last season (oops... spoilers?? :D)... well, you only saw the breasts, but still, ... God, you're all so perverted, guys!!), I should first tell you that I only used the title Game of Thrones here because the fragrance here I'm featuring, that is L'Impératice by Dolce & Gabbana, translates to Empress. And one of the advertising texts says that you ladies should get this fragrance so that you too can become an empress.

Well, stupid only if the fragrance now buy 10000 women. That means that there are then with one blow 10000 new empresses! And who will be the real empress? Who will sit on the throne? One way or another, there will be a battle for the throne... Game of Thrones. But you ladies don't need to slash each other now, we could have a little harmless cat fight, and of course since it's summer, a wet white t-shirt is DUTY in the process!!!! Mu ha ha ha, hah yes... that would be something! :DDD
And no, don't give me the evil eye, there are endless naked facts in Game of Thrones, too, when someone's head isn't cut off!

Alright,... while you're thinking about how you could still be mad at me again, even though I haven't done anything except introduce you to perfumas in wet t-shirts, I'll describe the scent to you until then!

The scent:
A little kiwi, a little rhubarb and watermelon are the scent notes that the fragrance starts with. He thus conveys a nice freshness in the summer, provided that one stands on fruity fragrances. In addition, there is a gentle sweetness, which probably come from the violets, but I can not say exactly at this point.
Only a little later one smells of the fruits more citric scents out, reminiscent of oranges and grapefruits, but that can also seem to you, because you can still smell the rhubarb well, which smells yes also quite sour.
After a short while, I smell a slightly stuffy scent that seems to come from undefinable flowers, but maybe it's the tart notes that smell like that towards the end, after they're past their best. After that, everything seems to die down quite a bit, well, for a fresh, summer scent, that's no wonder, but it's still a shame.
The end is slightly sweet and fruity and quite weak, so close to the body, moreover, almost banal. While still reasonably nice, but barely perceptible.

The sillage and the durability:
The sillage is already a bit weak at the beginning, so I think it's best to smell the fragrance only up close. Although the shelf life is already so about 5-6 hours, at the later hour the fragrance is of course much weaker.

The flacon:
The bottle is rectangular, tall and filled with pink fragrance liquid. The label on the front is plain white and shows the name, much like Chanel's more expensive fragrance line, which also relies on minimalism for the bottle design. The lid here is black and grooved. Looks nice, but like most fragrances like this, it's almost a little too simplistic (not to mention that all these bottles, regardless of brand, look pretty similar).

Conclusion:
Soo, I find L'Impératice now in itself yes okay. He smells at the beginning very nice, so that you can enjoy him especially in the summer quite for themselves (others just only in the vicinity due to the weak sillage). He is for my taste but somehow a little too quickly too weak or close to the body, which I find quite a pity, because on the basis of the then weak charisma of the fragrance can come across even one now and then something boring, because you hardly smell anything and if, then nothing more special or really nice is there.

So it is of course not suitable for going out, but more to use during the day. Who is not bothered by the weak sillage, which can try it yes times, as I said the beginning and the middle part are quite nice turned out. I especially like the nice rhubarb note, of which there are too few (good) fragrances in my opinion. Although you could try here times the fragrance of Hermès (Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate), but also the fragrance is unfortunately quite short-lived failed, but it is still nice.

As for empresses, well... I don't know if an empress would smell like this... but I'd think of a casual summer day rather than an empress with a scent like this. But... why do you want to be an empress? Wouldn't you rather be princesses in pretty dresses? Mu ha ha :DD

And that's it from me again, have a nice evening everyone, see you :)

PS: There's actually a new Game of Thrones series coming out called "House of the Dragon" by the way. It takes place before the events of the original series... and yes, you will see how it will be and who all you will see stark naked this time, he he he
4ajbukoshka
Colourful shelves in a Romanian supermarket
Looking for a soda in Romania can take up to an hour. That's what happened after 4ajbukoshka crossed the border there for the first time. And also several times afterwards.
Everything here is so colorful. There's not just one kind of Fanta, there are at least five: Grape, tangerine, elderberry and many more, not yet counted all the other brands and bottles with either 1, 2.5 or even gladly 5 liters.
The decision is difficult.
"Why choose when you can have them all?" - 4ajbukoshka and Nathalie Lorson. Two dopes - one thought.
Peach shampoo? Scented beads for the washing machine? Put it in the shopping cart!
Kiwi: Put it in the shopping cart!
Watermelon: put it in the... oh, you know.
In the end, the shopping cart is full, and a cheerful 4ajbukoshka first conducts an inventory analysis in her new, temporary home:

Hello, sour something. This tart something, some citrus spritzer that I don't miss after it's gone, is accompanied by kiwi and melon and lasts a few minutes.
Kiwi is present from the start, pantry shopping says hello.
In passing, a breath of peach shampoo blows by again and again, it smells well-groomed.
After one to two hours, it is then also with the development over and one has decided on a variety of soda: Tuttifrutti with kiwi and watermelon in excess.
After eight liters of soda has 4ajbukoshka then the belly full of fruit, a little sugar and especially ascorbic acid. Wow. That lasted a long time (this time without irony, because Verfressovna 4ajbukoshka's purchases often do not even make it home).

Would I buy it again? No. I miss the twist, the drama, maybe some fluffy clean musk, cotton candy clouds or else more wood, more spice, gladly as a crowning finish.... Hmph.
Therefore, I do it in one of my experiments like Prinzessa:
As a base serves me Cuir Béluga, after a few minutes I spray on L'Impératrice, because Cuir Béluga smells imperial, so that could fit. And it fits, harmonizes, gives me the transformation I was hoping for from the base of L'Impératrice. For layering, however, "my darling" (please pronounce it in Gollum's intonation) would be too bad for me in the long run

The Emperor’s Lover, Concubine, and finally Wife
I found this perfume on sale at my local store by chance. The 100ml cost only €40, a little less than half the retail price—the small 50ml bottle cost €43. Without overthinking, I took a strip of paper and tried a couple of sprays. Damn! Given the pale pink colour of the liquid that shines through from the beautiful square, heavy glass bottle with rounded corners and a nice solid black plastic cap, I never expected to smell those greenish and sour chords. The more the perfume calmed, letting the alcoholic part evaporate, the more I felt attracted. The scent smells super fresh and mouth-watering right in the beginning. As it was the last day of the promotion, and the shop was closing, I put it in the cart, without further ado, without even trying it on my skin. And I have not regretted it.

I realize that I have arrived inside the house, with my purchase in my jacket pocket. I take it right off the bat, discard it, and spray it on the back of my hand, two sprays. And here magic happens, the surprise is even greater than that experienced just before in the store. Something lights in my mind, a smell I know, so familiar Garnier Fructis hair products, no question about it. The spell is done! L’Imperatrice opens very juicy with the bittersweet rhubarb balancing the luscious kiwi and tart red currants to give a highly fresh fruity air. The paper strip amplifies the notes of berries and rhubarb, whereas my warm skin enhances the fruity side of kiwi. It is tart and has an almost sour opening, distant from the classic citric colognes—a burst of watery, fruity goodness. You will get some bitter zestiness all over; that is the Pamplewood from the base, a Firmenich perfumery ingredient displaying both grapefruit and woody notes.

But the scent is not only fruity; it is also floral and aquatic leaven. The heart appears a little more floral with the soft wild cyclamen, the tiny ones hidden in the undergrowth. A salty watermelon adds a bit of an aquatic feel, but the heart is primarily fruity and flowery. It’s still sour, in a good way, and since watermelon isn’t calone-like, it’s fragile. The watermelon is dominant, not at all cloying, and presumably, the pinkish colour of the liquid refers to it.

The drying is exemplary but light, with the dominance of citrus wood. White musk is clean, and sandalwood is slightly dusty and creamy. Eventually, the fruits fade, and the flowers subside. It ends with a nice, clean but not too soapy white musk. After wearing it myself, I noticed that the moss grips my skin. Both cyclamen and watermelon give it an aquatic quality that intensifies men’s skin, so I find it friendly to change from the usual summer colognes to citrus. It is a fresher fragrance of mountain water rather than salty seawater.

On my nose, the keynotes are herbaceous rhubarb, juicy watermelon, and citrusy Pamplewood. The Empress is suitable for the warmer seasons, perfect for the beach or the stickiest days. She has that fresh shower vibe. Although it reminds me of the scent of Fructis shampoo, I feel that this scent is much more refined; it’s a shocking mixture. The notes they combined come together in the most seductive and flattering way. I feel damn confident that most men will like The Empress. Longevity is moderate, barely half a day for me. And so does the sillage, reasonable in the first hour. Nobody will smell you as you walk into the room, but it’s there. I would say the performance is average and fair for a fresh EDT.

I based the review on a 100ml bottle I have owned since May 2021.

-Elysium
Jasmin2102
Pampers Kandoo but much better!!!
My first thought when I smelled the L'Impératrice filling was: you know the smell from your childhood! Reminds me extremely of the Pampers Kandoo wet wipes, the purple-green ones with the frog that smell like melon? But really not unpleasant at all but positive!

The scent for me is: summer afternoon, freshly showered and creamed, a light linen dress, cycling through flowering meadows and then eating fruitcake under a big tree in the shade, sun rays envelop the body with warmth, soft summer breeze, good mood, slightly synthetic but not sticky

No oppressive blinding heat and no cool splashy outdoor pool summer bomb either!!!
More like a warm garden with a pack of frog wet wipes to go with it (only in subtle and unobtrusive)?
RekaB
Oh, you mighty empress! I love your melons!
I have known this perfume for a very long time, but I have fallen in love only NOW!

My first contact was about 10 years ago, I saw this beautiful bottle in the duty free shop at the airport in Vienna. I chose it totally spontaneously for my flight and sprayed me eagerly with it.

Flight, Virgin Mary, vacation, out of the everyday life- have therefore become my very first associations with it.
After that, every few years, I sniffed the fragrance here and there again when I was in the store, but never had it in my assortment myself.
Now, 10 years later, I see it again in the store. Again, like a curious child, I sprayed it on and the feeling of Virgin Mary and Airport came back to me. This time though, I took the scent home with me. Okay, not quite, I ordered it.

The scent is fruity, happy, sensual, fresh and it awakens the empress in me. Yes, I don't wear it to the airport now like I did then, but I do wear it when I want to feel really alive, dynamic, energetic and take off!

I don't know how, but this fragrance awakens my energy reserves. After a tiring night, with our 2 toddlers (2 years and 7 months) , I spray it on myself 2-3 times, put them both in the sibling stroller and off we go for a jog! Yes, I think every day we have to decide again, what do we want to get out of our day?! Does the whole day have to be dragging just because the night was too?

Scents can do sooooo incredibly much with our mood. With me at least very much. (Yes, I crazy even wear perfume while jogging. lol)

The scent is tangy and colorful like a fruit salad, which some here have already described. Big juicy melon, fresh rhubarb, exotic kiwi, oooh god is it awesome! I can see summer already!!!!! Pure energy and lust for life.

And the durability is nothing to scoff at, even though it's a fresh fruity scent, my sports clothes smelled like it the next day too.

Price performance ratio fits in my opinion.

The bottle is plain and simple but still somehow powerful & bulky. Exactly that pleases me so much.

For me, it is an ultimate spring and summer fragrance!
Empress, you are wonderful. You bring out my best side. I'm glowing, no matter how exhausting this night has been once again. I make the best of it, just like you make the best of my mood.

Pasadena
!! Peach for President !!
Today two years at Parfumo ..... and still not rated my signature scent. Goes yes GAR not!

There's not much to say, really. L'Impératrice has the 3 FRs: fruity, bold, fresh. Total peach drone, even though there's no peach in it - modern-day mystery! I've been using it for over 12 years, bottles dying like flies, but I can't even remember how I came up with it.

I also like to call him "Lone Survivor" - he's the sole survivor from the Anthology series of originally .... how many? .... at least 11 colleagues. Also, he seems to jealously defend his position - I love fruity perfumes, but when researching in advance I always found: don't need it, L'Impératrice has it all! I don't know how many fragrances I have NOT tested because of him.

Even in phases where I wasn't so dufte on it, I instinctively applied it. In my handbag is always an emergency atomizer .... even if my day fragrance is officially another and is also taken along.

If I had to match L'Impératrice to a song, it would be "Fresh" by Cool & The Gang. "He's fresh, is so fresh, exciting ... fresh as a summer breeze, mm-yeah!"

If someone forced me to commit to one scent for the rest of my life, I'd go with L'Impératrice because it fits my goofy disposition well.

(The Terminator in me, however, would go after that "someone" who forced it on me!!)
SMKB
Addictive factor developed within hours ❤
At the first sniff too flat, too one-dimensional, too drogerieduschgelmäßig. And from hour to hour I liked the scent better and better, I have inner again sniffed my wrist and re-sprayed several times, because I could not get enough smell.
For me, a fragrance like a sunny, pleasantly warm, clearly not blistering hot summer day, lots of green, juicy fruit, lots of freshness, clarity, evtl a few harmless sheep clouds in the blue sky, a light, gentle breeze.
Nothing brooding, sultry, for me also definitely not too sweet or even powdery, creamy, sticky. I smell neither musk nor sandalwood directly out, but think it is exactly these notes that made it so fascinating for me in combination with the fruity notes after two, three hours of wearing, initial skepticism and only after noticing all the notes in combination. A dream for the bright, warm season, but I will probably continue to wear it in the winter
3,2,1.. Fruit bomb
For me personally unfortunately much too fruity. I am not a big fan of fruity fragrances in general, but I like to try it again and again. For me it's more a fragrance for U30. The rhubarb and watermelon unfortunately smell very synthetic on my skin. I have often smelled the fragrance on other people and I liked it... very summery, fruity and fresh. So I can understand why others like it. Shelf life is good.
Summer - Sun - Happiness
When I wear this scent, I'm happy. Immediately and automatically. I put it on and feel as if I had spent a wonderful summer day: it was warm, but not hot. It wasn't humid and there was a pleasant soft breeze. As the day draws to a close, I take a fresh shower and change for the evening and put it back on. I feel happy and content in my pretty and yet comfortable outfit and I set off for a wonderful garden where I meet with friends to spend a nice summer evening.

This fruity, fresh, slightly floral fragrance is really happiness and (pleasant) summer sun in a bottle.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 29 days ago
Pleasant and fresh-fruity, it could be "The One" in a summer version without the sweetish lytchee note.
Not bad, but too banal for its price
ScentwitchScentwitch 2 months ago
Deliciously juicy and fun!
ElysiumElysium 4 months ago
On my nose, the keynotes are herbaceous rhubarb, juicy watermelon, and citrusy Pamplewood. I feel damn confident that most men will like it!
TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
A watermelon-kiwi blend dulled and blunted by wood notes. Opening and first 5 min are superb. Kind of heads nowhere after that... Sad.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
One of the most headache inducing fragrances ever. Can't stand it

This scent gives me a fresh vibe..a vibe of freedom!
by MariaS
by Frauduftet
Ein wunderschöner - nicht zu süßer- Fruchtcocktail
by Ergreifend
by Ergreifend
Bevor das brave Zeug verschickt wurde.
by Stanze
by Fairycube
by LanaL
by LanaL

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Forever by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Amber Sun by Dolce & Gabbana The One Mysterious Night by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana