Light Blue 2001Eau de Toilette

Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2001. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.
Scent goes well with Pink Sugar (Eau de Toilette)

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Bluebell, Sicilian citron
Heart Notes Heart NotesBamboo, Jasmine, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.10.2020.

DonJuanDeCat
Eating crispy sour apples by the sea
Hey folks, today I come to a fragrance that is certainly no longer an unknown and it should be known even to those who have not yet tried it, namely Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana. It was first released about 20 years ago and since then there have been several flankers of it. I have tried some of the fragrances on several occasions, but I have only described two of them so far, the Light Blue Love in Capri for women and the Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense for men. The women's fragrance was unfortunately rather forgetable... but I liked the men's fragrance.

But now it's time to describe the original fragrance, at least of the women's fragrances, from this series. After all, the Light Blue brand continues to evolve and both men and women now have several flankers to choose from. The quality and popularity seems to fluctuate quite a bit (similar to all the Armani Code fragrances), if you look at the ratings here, which vary from about 6 points to 8 points.

All right, it all started with the EDT from 2001, which is described as one of the most popular summer fragrance series of all, and it is said that even under 1000 scents, the scents would still be easily recognizable. So, the first thing I would like to emphasize is that the series is so popular, because otherwise not so many flankers would have been published. That the fragrances, especially the newer ones but nowadays among many other fragrances can be easily identified, well, I doubt that a little bit. But let's smell first, or rather I smell, and you read as usual :))

Oops, was that an introduction without the usual bitching about ladies? Yes! A little variety is in order. Besides, every comment writer would like to gain new readers from time to time, so it's certainly not helpful if you start every sentence with "Women are the root of all evil" :DDD

The smell:
Light Blue starts off quite nicely, and above all fresh. I smell lime, apple and green notes that I can't quite identify yet. Maybe it could be bamboo, as I can see this scent in the scent pyramid right now. The citric scents also come across as sparkling, which must be especially good in summer. The apple is also crisp and sour, so it's not the lovely and sweet red apple, but these sour green apples, which I personally like very much, not so much as a scent but as a fruit in itself, but the scent is of course not that bad either.
Later it stays fresh, but the limes die off a little, while the apples get slightly stronger.
Even later, however, I like the scent a little less. Because even if it should continue to smell fresh and sour, it smells almost too sour for my taste, which would still be okay, but it also smells slightly flowery-sticky. I don't know where this smell comes from, but I think it's not the roses, because I often perceive roses as sour, but never stuffy. This stuffy-flowery something reduces the quality of the fragrance for me, because it also makes the fragrance seem more boring, which I find a pity, since it started so well.
And it will stay that way until the end. So it remains a bit stuffy and also quite trivial. So I don't like the base at all.

The Sillage and the durability:
The Sillage is okay, no bang, it's just another typical summer scent, where especially the top note appears briefly sparkling and strong, but then quickly fizzles away, as it is with all citrus scents. The shelf life... okay the shelf life is eight hours, even more, but more than half of this time the fragrance still smells stuffy and sour and therefore not very good. If I wouldn't test the scent to the end, I would have washed it off after four hours or so or at least sprayed it on again.

The bottle! The bottle is rectangular and milky, the neck and spray area are chrome-plated and on top of it sits the likewise rectangular but blue cap. The bottle is not a beauty, but still nice to look at, especially since its three-part colouring, which matches the summer, makes it look like a popsicle :D

Conclusion:
Soo, Light Blue EDT is not bad in principle. It starts nice and fresh and is therefore especially suitable for warm days. I'm only a little bothered by the stuffy floral notes that you can smell in the base, but maybe this doesn't bother you so much, as such scents can be found in many floral scents and apparently nobody but me is bothered by them. So I also think that this fragrance has a rather less successful recognition scent, because even with the beautiful beginning of the fragrance I would not immediately say: "Hey, that must be Light Blue!

So for me there are much nicer summer scents, but I think you could take a look at this one, or the flankers, some of which are certainly better than this one, but I don't know for sure, because I still have to test all these scents, argh, there is always so much to do here on Parfumo, I can't do more... :D

Incidentally, the fragrance is suitable as a simple daytime scent, as it is not only unspectacular for going out, but also has a much too weak effect.

There, that's it. The other Light Blue scents I will test with time as I said, I don't want you to complain :))
Well then, have a nice evening and see you next time :)
Scentlover6
Good mood from the bottle
It's the same game every year. I can't wait until the weather gets really warm again and I can finally get my beloved Light Blue out. For me this fragrance is the epitome of summer. Loose, light and brings back the good mood every morning. That's exactly what the bottle says for me. Admittedly, it is not as eye-catching as some others. It is simple, loose, light and fits like a glove. As for the fragrance, you are greeted by a sparkling fresh lemon scent right at the start. The apple remains in the background, but is noticeable. On my skin the heart notes do not come through. He has never seen a flower there. The strongest base note for me is the cedar wood, which goes very well with the acidity of the lemon. Simply a fragrance that brings good mood. Wouldn't all this be overshadowed by one thing. The durability is cruel. For the price I expect the scent to last 5 hours. But no, after 3 at the latest, it's gone.
That's why I took a chance on layering once. Admittedly I am a real beginner. It happened rather by chance. The partner will not believe me. I was layering with Pink Sugar. This scent is just too sweet for me and could use some freshness. And look! The flowers of the heart note appear. First of all the jasmine and the fragrance is also wearable for cooler days. But the shelf life has only improved by 1-2 hours. Nevertheless, nothing improves my mood like a splash of Light Blue
FioreMarina
Schnucki or: The curl of the lemon
My friend Schnucki tears open the door of the passenger side and throws a package on my lap.
"There!" she says and plops down on the seat next to me.
In real life, of course, her name is not Precious. She has a name that expresses her mother's vain hope for female gentleness, and she would probably tear my head off if she found out about the pseudonym I gave her here. Fortunately, that's highly unlikely. But more on that later.
Schnucki embodies what I like to think of an Amazon; in less complicated times she would probably have cut off her breast to avoid getting in her way while archery, but times have become more complicated and so she is content to pierce her unhappy counterpart with glances despite her lovely appearance or at least to put a few well-chosen words to flight. In any case, caution is advised when dealing with her.
So I start the engine and gently ask, "What is this?"
"What does it look like?" asks Precious and rolls her eyes. "A present!"
"Oh - for me?" I ask and add hastily, because that was of course a stupid question, "How nice! What is it?"
"Open it."
"When I stop driving, okay?" Schnucki sighs, takes the parcel from my lap and winds it up. Patience is not one of her virtues. A cardboard box in the most beautiful sky blue appears, which she waves under my nose. I look, involuntarily stepping on the brakes, look again, this time longer. "Oh", I do. "Is that - perfume?"
Precious has to sigh again. But today I am also really slow to grasp. "Light Blue", she explains. It sounds almost solemn "But Light Blue is your perfume!" Not that I ever smelled it on her. I know that because she told me. Honey's idea of appropriate scent dosage is below the threshold of perception.
"Yeah - and?"
"Would you like me to smell like you?" "Why not?" Schnucki's expression reflects absolute incomprehension. I explained about the Muggles once before on a blog. Now - this is another Muggle - wait. And I don't even try to argue with things like "individuality" and "expression of personality". But Schnucki is not even finished yet.
"The thing that really gets on my nerves about you," she says and comes around the corner with her true motives, "is how you always smell of perfume! All feminine and so sweet and flowery, t-o-t-a-l annoying! Now by the way again."
I smell discreetly of samsara, take a deep breath, let my wonderfully exclusive, select feminine perfume collection pass me by in my mind and digest the defeat.
"Anyway, it's a slam dunk," I say in a barely trembling voice. "I love perfume. Tonight I'll try it on."
I don't have to tell her that I have a not entirely unprejudiced shyness towards universally popular mainstream fragrances. Or that I read about scouring milk and Master Popper on Parfumo. I just have to try it. And then come up with a nice excuse.
So in the evening I press the spray button with all my heart, I arm myself inwardly - and am then first surprised by a wonderfully successful, delicately scented lemon: not sour, not synthetic, not even loud, but cheerful and light-hearted. I am taken with it and in a decidedly mild mood, when immediately afterwards an aquatic wave crashes over me, like most aquatic notes of select artificiality and completely inauthentic, but, I must admit, somehow and actually quite pleasant. The little lemon flies frightened into the background, from where it still sparks little yellow flashes of joy for a good two hours. And as if from distant shores it flutters across. Anyone who wants to believe that this discreet floral accent comes from roses and jasmine will be happy to believe it. Bamboo or anything green, like the apple, by the way, shines in my perception by absence, if I am not to understand them as indistinguishable components of the aqua note.
Last but not least, Oliver Cresp has the nice idea of combining amber, musk and cedar wood into a base that I would have had no objection to at all if it hadn't obviously remained with good intentions. None of this appears, perhaps because after three hours the fragrance becomes dull and matte, then slightly musty and finally disappears in the waves of my perceptive faculties like a slightly brackish triton. Before I go to sleep, the light blue magic is over.
What does that mean for me now? Will I wear the scent?
Of course I will. On hot summer days like today. For the lemon. And to remind myself that a fragrance has more to offer than exquisite ingredients and a balanced composition. For example, that it is a symbol of sweetness and a wonderful friendship. And if nothing else speaks for him, then that is not little.
Why is that?
Oh why does Light Blue EdT smell so great on the paper strip and on my skin? But I have to say something, because I have a story to tell about this scent, too. Exactly, the story I already told for the Light Blue Eau Intense. To avoid repeating myself too much, I'll keep it short: USA, end of June. A visit to a good friend I hadn't seen for 5 years. A good friend for whom I have deep feelings. A visit to the perfumery was also a must on this occasion. So Light Blue and Light Blue Eau Intense found their way to me in the form of a miniature set.

Light Blue smelled delightfully on the paper strip: lemony-apple-floral, airy, light and transparent. Because of Corona I was unfortunately not allowed to test the scent on my skin. Without hesitation I took the pretty duo with me. Unfortunately, the scent developed differently on my skin: after the beautiful start, an almost sharp note appeared on my skin, which reminded me of toilet cleaner or scouring agents. And this note unfortunately held and still holds very stubbornly with me. I find that very unfortunate. All in all, Light Blue is unsweeter and, as already mentioned, sharper than the Light Blue Eau Intense. The Intense version smells sweeter, sweeter and simply more balanced and round for me. Apart from the fact that it radiates stronger and lasts longer. The Light Blue lasts 2-3h, the Intense 5, but I have also read reviews on sephora.com that said the Eau Intense was too intense and too strong in comparison. So here, too, the tastes are different. Personally, however, I have a tendency towards the Light Blue Eau Intense, I'm glad that this version is also available, and I envy all those where the Light Blue develops beautifully on the skin.

Like the Light Blue Eau Intense, the Light Blue reminds me of the precious moments I was allowed to spend with my sweetheart. Not only friendly, but also romantic moments. If you're interested, read my Light Blue Eau Intense commentary :D For me, these fragrances mean summer. Watching the reflection of the sun in the lake. Moments of togetherness and love. An unforgettable time
But I will not buy the Light Blue after me. But I have the Light Blue Eau Intense! To summer and love!
il cuore di Amalfi
last summer I was on the Amalfi Coast for a few days.
From Positano I drove in a crowded coach at 38 degrees to a small Italian village along the Amalfi coast. Since it was a spontaneous couch-surfing trip, I didn't know what to expect. A bit twisty along a sleepy road I got to the address. At the gate a wide view of the crystal clear sea opened up to me. In front of the house were lemon trees with big, bright yellow lemons that moved slightly in the wind. The sea air penetrated through the open windows of the villa and the music of the piano filled the house.
In the evening the heat settled down a little and with one (or two) glasses of homemade limoncello plans for the next day were made. A boat trip along the coast. In between a jump into the seductive blue, salt on the skin, the sun on the face and the thought of the lemon trees in the garden.....This is my most beautiful memory of the Amalfi Coast, for me this is Dolce & Gabbana- Light Blue.
The gentle lemon
When it's warm in the summer, scents quickly get on my nerves. Citrus scents would actually be super suitable for refreshment, because they are light and refreshing. Okay, aquatics are another possibility and I often prefer them. But back to citrus scents.... I often don't get along with lemons, mostly the scents are too harsh or too sweet for me. Oranges I prefer to eat than to smell after, exception was the green Hermes orange. So there is still grapefruit left over. I really like grapefruit in fragrances, Yves Rocher has brought out a very nice refresher for the summer with his new "Sel d'Azur".

But back to Light Blue. Light Blue is a lemon scent, but a very gentle one. The lemon doesn't sting me at all here and because of the wood note in the base it's nice and powdery on me. The lemon starts a bit sweet, but that doesn't bother me at all, because the scent isn't sticky-sweet, but still fresh. I perceive a touch of crunchy apples and a delicate, transparent floral note. I think the transparent one comes from bamboo. The jasmine is very discreet, actually I don't really perceive it. I think it forms a beautiful floral framework together with the rose, which prevents Light Blue from becoming a dull lemon scent. "A Girl in Capri" starts similarly, with sweet lemon, but it lacks the floral scent. The result is a kind of lemon scent that I can't deal with in the long run. It also triggered migraines.

Pretty soon the base comes out with a lot of Iso-E-Super, at least I can smell it in that direction. Which makes my nose happy, because I like to smell Iso-E-Super and Ambroxan.

Unfortunately he does not hold on to me very well, after 3 hours I am allowed to put on weight again. But it doesn't matter, I like to spray in the summer when it is a fresh scent.

I don't think Light Blue has been on the market since 2001 for nothing and I hope it will be around for quite a long time
Old love doesn't rust...
Light Blue was my second "expensive" perfume purchase of my life. Two 100ml bottles later I was tired of it. A last 30ml gift was left unopened in the cupboard. Every move I was allowed to see the bottle, because there was something about it that kept me going.

Recently I was visiting a friend. On the bathroom shelf was an almost empty bottle of the blue lemon water. I asked her if she wanted my old copy I couldn't smell it anymore Back home again I was overcome by a bad conscience: is it allowed to give away an old, faithful companion just like that without giving him a last chance?
I dared to do it and sprayed carefully... and bang - there it was again: the warm and cosy feeling that the cedar amber note, wrapped in fresh lemon, triggered. Light, mild summer evenings come back to my memory........

........E continuo a volare felice
Più in alto del sole ed ancora più su
Mentre il mondo pian piano scompare negli occhi tuoi blu
La tua voce è una musica dolce che suona per me...

I cannot detect any WC stone scent, on the contrary. It doesn't smell soapy to me either. Fresh and warm, it envelops me like a lemon-coloured summer sweater when a breeze comes up in Sicily around midnight. Soft, summery fresh, not harsh, not artificial
I had to tell my girlfriend that I have run into an old love and unfortunately I cannot give her the scent.
She can understand, she has the same love
Pure citrus freshness
We're not becoming friends, unfortunately. I wanted to like it and integrate it as an everyday scent when I am overwhelmed by my now estimated 30 perfumes, but unfortunately I only smell strong citrus scent, which reminds me of toilet cleaner mixed with water. 2 people raved so much about it and one day I got it as a sample to an order. Phew, nope. Not mine. Please test it and do not buy it blind. The composition sounds better than it smells. I would like to give the Intense version a chance, but this is nothing and smells cheap - not at all fitting to the price and image of this luxury brand
Nellka
Addictive - but frequent spraying necessary
The smell fascinates me. I find him attractive, fresh and simply interesting. When I use it, I want to smell it all the time. BUT the durability really leaves much to be desired. Sometimes I can no longer perceive the scent after just one hour. On clothes and hair it lasts at least a little longer...
I still use it, especially in summer or in the gym, but I will try light blue intense after use
My fresh lemon candy!
I've always read and heard so much about Light Blue. So let's go to the next perfumery and sniff. Joar smells delicious... Subsequently, a filling procured and extensively tested. In the beginning it really smells like a lemon candy, but I don't find it disturbing or too sweet. No rather than pleasant and refreshing! A little later the candy moves on and a fresh citrus note remains, which always makes you feel clean and fresh! In any case, it will be on the shortlist for my next summer to make me feel fresh and comfortable!

CatarinaCatarina 9 months ago
Not bad, but it's just to light and faint for my taste. My bottle is almost full and it will remain so!
AnnaAnnaAnnaAnnaAnnaAnna 9 months ago
Für mich riecht dieses Parfum nach Zitronenbonbons, weniger frisch.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 19 months ago
This scent smells of....air and sky! Quite synthetic, it's the typical Blue EssenceBlue Essence. I owned it but it wasn't my cup of tea. Good sillage
DanielleDanielle 22 months ago
So very fresh and exciting unisex perfume. Thickeling toppnotes and lovely heartnot.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Used to love this scent. I can't stand it nowadays.

Ich wünsche Euch einen schönen Sommerbeginn...:-))
by LaVioletta
by GreenTin
by Novalinchen
by Novalinchen

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana D&G Feminine by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana