Light Blue 2001 Eau de Toilette

Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2001. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.
Scent goes well with Not a Perfume

RoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
MuskMusk
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.10.2021.

The scent of my youth
D&G "Light blue" was my very first "real" perfume. At that time I was 14 or 15 years old.
I have Light blue up and down worn, for years, every day, in every season.

Then at some point I got to a point where it got on my nerves and I wondered how people around me must have been feeling all this time. People already associated me with this fragrance in my circle of friends. He was long my signature fragrance.

The fragrance is very citrusy, fresh and has quite a decent sillage for an EdT.

This summer I went to a drugstore and bought a small size of the fragrance again. Haven't worn it in years. So he was allowed to celebrate a revival with me this summer.
I still like Light blue, in the summer and lower doses than before.

It reminds me strongly of my first holiday without parents in Sardinia. Summer, sun, party, freedom, good mood

Mux7
Very good smell but for the price totally waste of money dont buy it
do not buy this one because the performance is very weak and imo if a perfume does not have performance don't buy it instead of that buy the intense one because it is way better then this one on the performance . overall both share the same dna but of course to me the performance matters the most .
watch the video to know more.

DerJosh
Lightness and freshness for both
With light blue you can not do much wrong. It is not possible to overdose.
Durability and sillage brew this but also not necessarily.
A good mood fragrance that can be worn by both women and men.
Have the also stand for guests in the bathroom.
Alone the flacon is great.
I like better than all other versions, both "female / male *
My long-term relationship
I've been wearing this fragrance since the year it was released. It was love at first sniff. I was 14 at the time and went to the Douglas just because of the appealing advertisement. I just had to have it. I've worn it as a signature ever since without ever being able to give my heart to any other fragrance. Over the years, I have tested other fragrances, but found them all unbearable.
It wasn't until last year that I had a brief fling with Givenchy L'Interdit. And then this one By The Fireplace...
Light Blue will probably own my heart forever. But honestly, I have to say, I've always found the bottle ugly and the durability and projection is lousy, unfortunately.
Otherwise for
Lemon, apple and bamboo lovers*innen a must!
The eternal association...
..fragrances often evoke memories. With me, he achieves the thought of my Abizeit - the idolized grace of the year left through him a penetrating scent.
Previously, Süßkind's masterpiece was beaten into her brain. She was the Grenouille of my high school. Why am I only now realizing this?

Light Blue, alongside DKNY, is so irrevocably associated with the 2000s that I can't take an objective look at it except: kind of sharp, penetrating, tangy, freshly lemony.

Like it. But it remains forever associated with an affected lady.

ParfumladyK
Fresh stewardess in a bottle
The first acquaintance I made in 2005 with this fragrance. I had newly started as a flight attendant and this fragrance was (and still is) available in the on-board shop. At that time at a bargain price of 25 EUR for 25 ml. ( and it was also one of the few small sizes in the on-board shop). One day after a tiring flight I bought it.
Warm, soft, but somehow also fresh. But not too fresh. So the fragrance works on me.
Felt every 2nd colleague had the fragrance.
Once we landed at night late in Hanover and wanted us only as quickly as possible to go to the hotel, but had to first still in the crew room and used an elevator which led there.
In the elevator, Light Blue was in the air. The captain sniffed and said "There must also have some at this hour check in, it smells like fresh stewardess" ;))
For a long time I could not use the fragrance, except when flying, because it reminded me of work and I used the other variants privately.
Just when testing it pleased me, as always very well, and also the association with work was no longer so present.
Maybe Light Blue and I are experiencing a revival.
Love greetings ParfumladyK @ParfumLadyCologne
DonJuanDeCat
Eating crispy sour apples by the sea
Hey folks, today I come to a fragrance that is certainly no longer an unknown and it should be known even to those who have not yet tried it, namely Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana. It was first released about 20 years ago and since then there have been several flankers of it. I have tried some of the fragrances on several occasions, but I have only described two of them so far, the Light Blue Love in Capri for women and the Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense for men. The women's fragrance was unfortunately rather forgetable... but I liked the men's fragrance.

But now it's time to describe the original fragrance, at least of the women's fragrances, from this series. After all, the Light Blue brand continues to evolve and both men and women now have several flankers to choose from. The quality and popularity seems to fluctuate quite a bit (similar to all the Armani Code fragrances), if you look at the ratings here, which vary from about 6 points to 8 points.

All right, it all started with the EDT from 2001, which is described as one of the most popular summer fragrance series of all, and it is said that even under 1000 scents, the scents would still be easily recognizable. So, the first thing I would like to emphasize is that the series is so popular, because otherwise not so many flankers would have been published. That the fragrances, especially the newer ones but nowadays among many other fragrances can be easily identified, well, I doubt that a little bit. But let's smell first, or rather I smell, and you read as usual :))

Oops, was that an introduction without the usual bitching about ladies? Yes! A little variety is in order. Besides, every comment writer would like to gain new readers from time to time, so it's certainly not helpful if you start every sentence with "Women are the root of all evil" :DDD

The smell:
Light Blue starts off quite nicely, and above all fresh. I smell lime, apple and green notes that I can't quite identify yet. Maybe it could be bamboo, as I can see this scent in the scent pyramid right now. The citric scents also come across as sparkling, which must be especially good in summer. The apple is also crisp and sour, so it's not the lovely and sweet red apple, but these sour green apples, which I personally like very much, not so much as a scent but as a fruit in itself, but the scent is of course not that bad either.
Later it stays fresh, but the limes die off a little, while the apples get slightly stronger.
Even later, however, I like the scent a little less. Because even if it should continue to smell fresh and sour, it smells almost too sour for my taste, which would still be okay, but it also smells slightly flowery-sticky. I don't know where this smell comes from, but I think it's not the roses, because I often perceive roses as sour, but never stuffy. This stuffy-flowery something reduces the quality of the fragrance for me, because it also makes the fragrance seem more boring, which I find a pity, since it started so well.
And it will stay that way until the end. So it remains a bit stuffy and also quite trivial. So I don't like the base at all.

The Sillage and the durability:
The Sillage is okay, no bang, it's just another typical summer scent, where especially the top note appears briefly sparkling and strong, but then quickly fizzles away, as it is with all citrus scents. The shelf life... okay the shelf life is eight hours, even more, but more than half of this time the fragrance still smells stuffy and sour and therefore not very good. If I wouldn't test the scent to the end, I would have washed it off after four hours or so or at least sprayed it on again.

The bottle! The bottle is rectangular and milky, the neck and spray area are chrome-plated and on top of it sits the likewise rectangular but blue cap. The bottle is not a beauty, but still nice to look at, especially since its three-part colouring, which matches the summer, makes it look like a popsicle :D

Conclusion:
Soo, Light Blue EDT is not bad in principle. It starts nice and fresh and is therefore especially suitable for warm days. I'm only a little bothered by the stuffy floral notes that you can smell in the base, but maybe this doesn't bother you so much, as such scents can be found in many floral scents and apparently nobody but me is bothered by them. So I also think that this fragrance has a rather less successful recognition scent, because even with the beautiful beginning of the fragrance I would not immediately say: "Hey, that must be Light Blue!

So for me there are much nicer summer scents, but I think you could take a look at this one, or the flankers, some of which are certainly better than this one, but I don't know for sure, because I still have to test all these scents, argh, there is always so much to do here on Parfumo, I can't do more... :D

Incidentally, the fragrance is suitable as a simple daytime scent, as it is not only unspectacular for going out, but also has a much too weak effect.

There, that's it. The other Light Blue scents I will test with time as I said, I don't want you to complain :))
Well then, have a nice evening and see you next time :)
Scentlover6
Good mood from the bottle
It's the same game every year. I can't wait until the weather gets really warm again and I can finally get my beloved Light Blue out. For me this fragrance is the epitome of summer. Loose, light and brings back the good mood every morning. That's exactly what the bottle says for me. Admittedly, it is not as eye-catching as some others. It is simple, loose, light and fits like a glove. As for the fragrance, you are greeted by a sparkling fresh lemon scent right at the start. The apple remains in the background, but is noticeable. On my skin the heart notes do not come through. He has never seen a flower there. The strongest base note for me is the cedar wood, which goes very well with the acidity of the lemon. Simply a fragrance that brings good mood. Wouldn't all this be overshadowed by one thing. The durability is cruel. For the price I expect the scent to last 5 hours. But no, after 3 at the latest, it's gone.
That's why I took a chance on layering once. Admittedly I am a real beginner. It happened rather by chance. The partner will not believe me. I was layering with Pink Sugar. This scent is just too sweet for me and could use some freshness. And look! The flowers of the heart note appear. First of all the jasmine and the fragrance is also wearable for cooler days. But the shelf life has only improved by 1-2 hours. Nevertheless, nothing improves my mood like a splash of Light Blue
FioreMarina
Schnucki or: The curl of the lemon
My friend Schnucki tears open the door of the passenger side and throws a package on my lap.
"There!" she says and plops down on the seat next to me.
In real life, of course, her name is not Precious. She has a name that expresses her mother's vain hope for female gentleness, and she would probably tear my head off if she found out about the pseudonym I gave her here. Fortunately, that's highly unlikely. But more on that later.
Schnucki embodies what I like to think of an Amazon; in less complicated times she would probably have cut off her breast to avoid getting in her way while archery, but times have become more complicated and so she is content to pierce her unhappy counterpart with glances despite her lovely appearance or at least to put a few well-chosen words to flight. In any case, caution is advised when dealing with her.
So I start the engine and gently ask, "What is this?"
"What does it look like?" asks Precious and rolls her eyes. "A present!"
"Oh - for me?" I ask and add hastily, because that was of course a stupid question, "How nice! What is it?"
"Open it."
"When I stop driving, okay?" Schnucki sighs, takes the parcel from my lap and winds it up. Patience is not one of her virtues. A cardboard box in the most beautiful sky blue appears, which she waves under my nose. I look, involuntarily stepping on the brakes, look again, this time longer. "Oh", I do. "Is that - perfume?"
Precious has to sigh again. But today I am also really slow to grasp. "Light Blue", she explains. It sounds almost solemn "But Light Blue is your perfume!" Not that I ever smelled it on her. I know that because she told me. Honey's idea of appropriate scent dosage is below the threshold of perception.
"Yeah - and?"
"Would you like me to smell like you?" "Why not?" Schnucki's expression reflects absolute incomprehension. I explained about the Muggles once before on a blog. Now - this is another Muggle - wait. And I don't even try to argue with things like "individuality" and "expression of personality". But Schnucki is not even finished yet.
"The thing that really gets on my nerves about you," she says and comes around the corner with her true motives, "is how you always smell of perfume! All feminine and so sweet and flowery, t-o-t-a-l annoying! Now by the way again."
I smell discreetly of samsara, take a deep breath, let my wonderfully exclusive, select feminine perfume collection pass me by in my mind and digest the defeat.
"Anyway, it's a slam dunk," I say in a barely trembling voice. "I love perfume. Tonight I'll try it on."
I don't have to tell her that I have a not entirely unprejudiced shyness towards universally popular mainstream fragrances. Or that I read about scouring milk and Master Popper on Parfumo. I just have to try it. And then come up with a nice excuse.
So in the evening I press the spray button with all my heart, I arm myself inwardly - and am then first surprised by a wonderfully successful, delicately scented lemon: not sour, not synthetic, not even loud, but cheerful and light-hearted. I am taken with it and in a decidedly mild mood, when immediately afterwards an aquatic wave crashes over me, like most aquatic notes of select artificiality and completely inauthentic, but, I must admit, somehow and actually quite pleasant. The little lemon flies frightened into the background, from where it still sparks little yellow flashes of joy for a good two hours. And as if from distant shores it flutters across. Anyone who wants to believe that this discreet floral accent comes from roses and jasmine will be happy to believe it. Bamboo or anything green, like the apple, by the way, shines in my perception by absence, if I am not to understand them as indistinguishable components of the aqua note.
Last but not least, Oliver Cresp has the nice idea of combining amber, musk and cedar wood into a base that I would have had no objection to at all if it hadn't obviously remained with good intentions. None of this appears, perhaps because after three hours the fragrance becomes dull and matte, then slightly musty and finally disappears in the waves of my perceptive faculties like a slightly brackish triton. Before I go to sleep, the light blue magic is over.
What does that mean for me now? Will I wear the scent?
Of course I will. On hot summer days like today. For the lemon. And to remind myself that a fragrance has more to offer than exquisite ingredients and a balanced composition. For example, that it is a symbol of sweetness and a wonderful friendship. And if nothing else speaks for him, then that is not little.
Why is that?
Oh why does Light Blue EdT smell so great on the paper strip and on my skin? But I have to say something, because I have a story to tell about this scent, too. Exactly, the story I already told for the Light Blue Eau Intense. To avoid repeating myself too much, I'll keep it short: USA, end of June. A visit to a good friend I hadn't seen for 5 years. A good friend for whom I have deep feelings. A visit to the perfumery was also a must on this occasion. So Light Blue and Light Blue Eau Intense found their way to me in the form of a miniature set.

Light Blue smelled delightfully on the paper strip: lemony-apple-floral, airy, light and transparent. Because of Corona I was unfortunately not allowed to test the scent on my skin. Without hesitation I took the pretty duo with me. Unfortunately, the scent developed differently on my skin: after the beautiful start, an almost sharp note appeared on my skin, which reminded me of toilet cleaner or scouring agents. And this note unfortunately held and still holds very stubbornly with me. I find that very unfortunate. All in all, Light Blue is unsweeter and, as already mentioned, sharper than the Light Blue Eau Intense. The Intense version smells sweeter, sweeter and simply more balanced and round for me. Apart from the fact that it radiates stronger and lasts longer. The Light Blue lasts 2-3h, the Intense 5, but I have also read reviews on sephora.com that said the Eau Intense was too intense and too strong in comparison. So here, too, the tastes are different. Personally, however, I have a tendency towards the Light Blue Eau Intense, I'm glad that this version is also available, and I envy all those where the Light Blue develops beautifully on the skin.

Like the Light Blue Eau Intense, the Light Blue reminds me of the precious moments I was allowed to spend with my sweetheart. Not only friendly, but also romantic moments. If you're interested, read my Light Blue Eau Intense commentary :D For me, these fragrances mean summer. Watching the reflection of the sun in the lake. Moments of togetherness and love. An unforgettable time
But I will not buy the Light Blue after me. But I have the Light Blue Eau Intense! To summer and love!

Carlitos01Carlitos01 5 months ago
Tell me somethin', girl
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?
CatarinaCatarina 2 years ago
Not bad, but it's just to light and faint for my taste. My bottle is almost full and it will remain so!
AnnaAnnaAnnaAnnaAnnaAnna 2 years ago
Für mich riecht dieses Parfum nach Zitronenbonbons, weniger frisch.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
This scent smells of....air and sky! Quite synthetic, it's the typical "blue essence". I owned it but it wasn't my cup of tea. Good sillage
DanielleDanielle 3 years ago
So very fresh and exciting unisex perfume. Thickeling toppnotes and lovely heartnot.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Used to love this scent. I can't stand it nowadays.

Ich wünsche Euch einen schönen Sommerbeginn...:-))
by LaVioletta
by GreenTin
by Novalinchen
by Novalinchen

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Forever by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Mysterious Night by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana