Light Blue 2001 Eau de Toilette

Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2001. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.
Scent goes well with Not a Perfume (Eau de Parfum)

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesAppleApple BluebellBluebell Sicilian citronSicilian citron
Heart Notes Heart NotesBambooBamboo JasmineJasmine RoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber MuskMusk CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 26.05.2022.

A Fresh and Relaxing Cloud of Flirtation
I was looking to gift a fragrance for my older sister, and she hinted at wanting a fragrance for the summer. With that in mind, I tested a few fragrances out with a friend and came across Light Blue at a Sephora in New York City.

To say that Light Blue is a captivating fragrance is an understatement.

----

The overall vibe that I get from Light Blue is of a flirtatious woman that is carefree and radiates positive energy.

Light Blue whisks you off away to a beach in the Mediterranean as it makes the first move with a citrusy and fresh opening, combining citron, apple, and bluebell.

As the citrus dries down, the florals of jasmine and rose mid notes combine with the amber, musk, and cedarwood base notes to add a hint of powder while remaining fresh. This creates a fragrance that is soft and leans more towards the feminine side — but not decisively so.

Light Blue is like a lady making the first move to announce her presence softly. Afterward, she does not seduce you in front of everyone. Instead, she is calm and alluring with just a smile and a wink, while waiting to see how her target reacts.

----

Also, this is a perfume created by Olivier Cresp, the same person who had his nose behind Kenzo Amour—another fragrance I reviewed and liked overall (despite my personal preferences).

He is also a part of several notable fragrances, including Mugler's Angel, YSL's Black Opium, and Givenchy's Gentleman.

----

In terms of overall performance, Light Blue performs at the level one would expect for a fresh fragrance.

Sillage and Projection are about typical. Light Blue will leave a soft trail that people will where that smell is coming from. However, do not expect to walk in a bar or club and have everyone notice the fragrance unless you somehow sprayed a significant amount of the bottle on you.

Expect Light Blue to last about six hours. It is good enough to get through most social situations like work, the gym, or a date with no difficulty. However, do not expect the fragrance to have the longevity to last from sunrise to midnight.

----

Light Blue is a versatile daily fragrance that a person can wear in any social situation without thinking too hard about it during the late spring and summer.

While it is excellent as an evening or date fragrance, Light Blue does the best work best as an office or leisure scent in the summer. The fragrance offends no one in the office and has a slight calming effect that enhances calmness, which is great whether a person is writing a 20-page report or sipping a daiquiri on the beach.

That said, Light Blue is borderline unserviceable in the cold winter months. Unless a location has nice heat indoors, using it in the winter requires heavy spraying to be slightly noticeable.

----

Overall, Light Blue is a soft and enjoyable fragrance for both the wearer and people who notice the scent. It also helps that the price is reasonable for a designer brand such as Dolce and Gabanna.

That said, if a person is looking for a fragrance that tells the world that she is in charge and not to mess with her, or a fragrance that works all day and night in one shot, Light Blue would be a massive disappointment.

However, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue perfectly blends carefree and flirtatiousness. This is an ideal fragrance for a person of any age during spring or summer, whether in the office, lounging on the beach, or on a date with a significant other.

Super summer-y and beach-y
There was a perfume I was looking to buy, but I wanted to test it out first. I bought a perfume sample box to test it out and it also had this one in it. After spending a few weeks trying them all, I could not bring myself to walk away from this one, it just smells so fresh and summer-y. It has a very unique scent. I only have 2 favourite perfumes and this is one of them.
The scent of my youth
D&G "Light blue" was my very first "real" perfume. At that time I was 14 or 15 years old.
I have Light blue up and down worn, for years, every day, in every season.

Then at some point I got to a point where it got on my nerves and I wondered how people around me must have been feeling all this time. People already associated me with this fragrance in my circle of friends. He was long my signature fragrance.

The fragrance is very citrusy, fresh and has quite a decent sillage for an EdT.

This summer I went to a drugstore and bought a small size of the fragrance again. Haven't worn it in years. So he was allowed to celebrate a revival with me this summer.
I still like Light blue, in the summer and lower doses than before.

It reminds me strongly of my first holiday without parents in Sardinia. Summer, sun, party, freedom, good mood

Mux7
Very good smell but for the price totally waste of money dont buy it
do not buy this one because the performance is very weak and imo if a perfume does not have performance don't buy it instead of that buy the intense one because it is way better then this one on the performance . overall both share the same dna but of course to me the performance matters the most .
watch the video to know more.

DerJosh
Lightness and freshness for both
With light blue you can not do much wrong. It is not possible to overdose.
Durability and sillage brew this but also not necessarily.
A good mood fragrance that can be worn by both women and men.
Have the also stand for guests in the bathroom.
Alone the flacon is great.
I like better than all other versions, both "female / male *
My long-term relationship
I've been wearing this fragrance since the year it was released. It was love at first sniff. I was 14 at the time and went to the Douglas just because of the appealing advertisement. I just had to have it. I've worn it as a signature ever since without ever being able to give my heart to any other fragrance. Over the years, I have tested other fragrances, but found them all unbearable.
It wasn't until last year that I had a brief fling with Givenchy L'Interdit. And then this one By The Fireplace...
Light Blue will probably own my heart forever. But honestly, I have to say, I've always found the bottle ugly and the durability and projection is lousy, unfortunately.
Otherwise for
Lemon, apple and bamboo lovers*innen a must!
The eternal association...
..fragrances often evoke memories. With me, he achieves the thought of my Abizeit - the idolized grace of the year left through him a penetrating scent.
Previously, Süßkind's masterpiece was beaten into her brain. She was the Grenouille of my high school. Why am I only now realizing this?

Light Blue, alongside DKNY, is so irrevocably associated with the 2000s that I can't take an objective look at it except: kind of sharp, penetrating, tangy, freshly lemony.

Like it. But it remains forever associated with an affected lady.

ParfumladyK
Fresh stewardess in a bottle
The first acquaintance I made in 2005 with this fragrance. I had newly started as a flight attendant and this fragrance was (and still is) available in the on-board shop. At that time at a bargain price of 25 EUR for 25 ml. ( and it was also one of the few small sizes in the on-board shop). One day after a tiring flight I bought it.
Warm, soft, but somehow also fresh. But not too fresh. So the fragrance works on me.
Felt every 2nd colleague had the fragrance.
Once we landed at night late in Hanover and wanted us only as quickly as possible to go to the hotel, but had to first still in the crew room and used an elevator which led there.
In the elevator, Light Blue was in the air. The captain sniffed and said "There must also have some at this hour check in, it smells like fresh stewardess" ;))
For a long time I could not use the fragrance, except when flying, because it reminded me of work and I used the other variants privately.
Just when testing it pleased me, as always very well, and also the association with work was no longer so present.
Maybe Light Blue and I are experiencing a revival.
Love greetings ParfumladyK @ParfumLadyCologne
DonJuanDeCat
Eating crispy sour apples by the sea
Hey folks, today I come to a fragrance that is certainly no longer an unknown and it should be known even to those who have not yet tried it, namely Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana. It was first released about 20 years ago and since then there have been several flankers of it. I have tried some of the fragrances on several occasions, but I have only described two of them so far, the Light Blue Love in Capri for women and the Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense for men. The women's fragrance was unfortunately rather forgetable... but I liked the men's fragrance.

But now it's time to describe the original fragrance, at least of the women's fragrances, from this series. After all, the Light Blue brand continues to evolve and both men and women now have several flankers to choose from. The quality and popularity seems to fluctuate quite a bit (similar to all the Armani Code fragrances), if you look at the ratings here, which vary from about 6 points to 8 points.

All right, it all started with the EDT from 2001, which is described as one of the most popular summer fragrance series of all, and it is said that even under 1000 scents, the scents would still be easily recognizable. So, the first thing I would like to emphasize is that the series is so popular, because otherwise not so many flankers would have been published. That the fragrances, especially the newer ones but nowadays among many other fragrances can be easily identified, well, I doubt that a little bit. But let's smell first, or rather I smell, and you read as usual :))

Oops, was that an introduction without the usual bitching about ladies? Yes! A little variety is in order. Besides, every comment writer would like to gain new readers from time to time, so it's certainly not helpful if you start every sentence with "Women are the root of all evil" :DDD

The smell:
Light Blue starts off quite nicely, and above all fresh. I smell lime, apple and green notes that I can't quite identify yet. Maybe it could be bamboo, as I can see this scent in the scent pyramid right now. The citric scents also come across as sparkling, which must be especially good in summer. The apple is also crisp and sour, so it's not the lovely and sweet red apple, but these sour green apples, which I personally like very much, not so much as a scent but as a fruit in itself, but the scent is of course not that bad either.
Later it stays fresh, but the limes die off a little, while the apples get slightly stronger.
Even later, however, I like the scent a little less. Because even if it should continue to smell fresh and sour, it smells almost too sour for my taste, which would still be okay, but it also smells slightly flowery-sticky. I don't know where this smell comes from, but I think it's not the roses, because I often perceive roses as sour, but never stuffy. This stuffy-flowery something reduces the quality of the fragrance for me, because it also makes the fragrance seem more boring, which I find a pity, since it started so well.
And it will stay that way until the end. So it remains a bit stuffy and also quite trivial. So I don't like the base at all.

The Sillage and the durability:
The Sillage is okay, no bang, it's just another typical summer scent, where especially the top note appears briefly sparkling and strong, but then quickly fizzles away, as it is with all citrus scents. The shelf life... okay the shelf life is eight hours, even more, but more than half of this time the fragrance still smells stuffy and sour and therefore not very good. If I wouldn't test the scent to the end, I would have washed it off after four hours or so or at least sprayed it on again.

The bottle! The bottle is rectangular and milky, the neck and spray area are chrome-plated and on top of it sits the likewise rectangular but blue cap. The bottle is not a beauty, but still nice to look at, especially since its three-part colouring, which matches the summer, makes it look like a popsicle :D

Conclusion:
Soo, Light Blue EDT is not bad in principle. It starts nice and fresh and is therefore especially suitable for warm days. I'm only a little bothered by the stuffy floral notes that you can smell in the base, but maybe this doesn't bother you so much, as such scents can be found in many floral scents and apparently nobody but me is bothered by them. So I also think that this fragrance has a rather less successful recognition scent, because even with the beautiful beginning of the fragrance I would not immediately say: "Hey, that must be Light Blue!

So for me there are much nicer summer scents, but I think you could take a look at this one, or the flankers, some of which are certainly better than this one, but I don't know for sure, because I still have to test all these scents, argh, there is always so much to do here on Parfumo, I can't do more... :D

Incidentally, the fragrance is suitable as a simple daytime scent, as it is not only unspectacular for going out, but also has a much too weak effect.

There, that's it. The other Light Blue scents I will test with time as I said, I don't want you to complain :))
Well then, have a nice evening and see you next time :)
Scentlover6
Good mood from the bottle
It's the same game every year. I can't wait until the weather gets really warm again and I can finally get my beloved Light Blue out. For me this fragrance is the epitome of summer. Loose, light and brings back the good mood every morning. That's exactly what the bottle says for me. Admittedly, it is not as eye-catching as some others. It is simple, loose, light and fits like a glove. As for the fragrance, you are greeted by a sparkling fresh lemon scent right at the start. The apple remains in the background, but is noticeable. On my skin the heart notes do not come through. He has never seen a flower there. The strongest base note for me is the cedar wood, which goes very well with the acidity of the lemon. Simply a fragrance that brings good mood. Wouldn't all this be overshadowed by one thing. The durability is cruel. For the price I expect the scent to last 5 hours. But no, after 3 at the latest, it's gone.
That's why I took a chance on layering once. Admittedly I am a real beginner. It happened rather by chance. The partner will not believe me. I was layering with Pink Sugar. This scent is just too sweet for me and could use some freshness. And look! The flowers of the heart note appear. First of all the jasmine and the fragrance is also wearable for cooler days. But the shelf life has only improved by 1-2 hours. Nevertheless, nothing improves my mood like a splash of Light Blue

DopeweaselDopeweasel 5 months ago
Its a modern freshie done well. Leans feminine but can be unisex. Nothing too tart but does bring an aquatic, fresh and light vibe to it
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
Tell me somethin', girl
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?
CatarinaCatarina 2 years ago
Not bad, but it's just to light and faint for my taste. My bottle is almost full and it will remain so!
AnnaAnnaAnnaAnnaAnnaAnna 2 years ago
Für mich riecht dieses Parfum nach Zitronenbonbons, weniger frisch.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
This scent smells of....air and sky! Quite synthetic, it's the typical "blue essence". I owned it but it wasn't my cup of tea. Good sillage
DanielleDanielle 3 years ago
So very fresh and exciting unisex perfume. Thickeling toppnotes and lovely heartnot.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 4 years ago
Used to love this scent. I can't stand it nowadays.

Ich wünsche Euch einen schönen Sommerbeginn...:-))
by LaVioletta
by GreenTin
by Novalinchen
by Novalinchen

Popular by Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Forever by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Amber Sun by Dolce & Gabbana The One Mysterious Night by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Amber Skin by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana