Light Blue (2001)Eau de Toilette

Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand

Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2001. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Bluebell, Sicilian citron
Heart Notes Heart NotesBamboo, Jasmine, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.08.2020.

FioreMarina
Schnucki or: The curl of the lemon
My friend Schnucki tears open the door of the passenger side and throws a package on my lap.
"There!" she says and plops down on the seat next to me.
In real life, of course, her name is not Precious. She has a name that expresses her mother's vain hope for female gentleness, and she would probably tear my head off if she found out about the pseudonym I gave her here. Fortunately, that's highly unlikely. But more on that later.
Schnucki embodies what I like to think of an Amazon; in less complicated times she would probably have cut off her breast to avoid getting in her way while archery, but times have become more complicated and so she is content to pierce her unhappy counterpart with glances despite her lovely appearance or at least to put a few well-chosen words to flight. In any case, caution is advised when dealing with her.
So I start the engine and gently ask, "What is this?"
"What does it look like?" asks Precious and rolls her eyes. "A present!"
"Oh - for me?" I ask and add hastily, because that was of course a stupid question, "How nice! What is it?"
"Open it."
"When I stop driving, okay?" Schnucki sighs, takes the parcel from my lap and winds it up. Patience is not one of her virtues. A cardboard box in the most beautiful sky blue appears, which she waves under my nose. I look, involuntarily stepping on the brakes, look again, this time longer. "Oh", I do. "Is that - perfume?"
Precious has to sigh again. But today I am also really slow to grasp. "Light Blue", she explains. It sounds almost solemn "But Light Blue is your perfume!" Not that I ever smelled it on her. I know that because she told me. Honey's idea of appropriate scent dosage is below the threshold of perception.
"Yeah - and?"
"Would you like me to smell like you?" "Why not?" Schnucki's expression reflects absolute incomprehension. I explained about the Muggles once before on a blog. Now - this is another Muggle - wait. And I don't even try to argue with things like "individuality" and "expression of personality". But Schnucki is not even finished yet.
"The thing that really gets on my nerves about you," she says and comes around the corner with her true motives, "is how you always smell of perfume! All feminine and so sweet and flowery, t-o-t-a-l annoying! Now by the way again."
I smell discreetly of samsara, take a deep breath, let my wonderfully exclusive, select feminine perfume collection pass me by in my mind and digest the defeat.
"Anyway, it's a slam dunk," I say in a barely trembling voice. "I love perfume. Tonight I'll try it on."
I don't have to tell her that I have a not entirely unprejudiced shyness towards universally popular mainstream fragrances. Or that I read about scouring milk and Master Popper on Parfumo. I just have to try it. And then come up with a nice excuse.
So in the evening I press the spray button with all my heart, I arm myself inwardly - and am then first surprised by a wonderfully successful, delicately scented lemon: not sour, not synthetic, not even loud, but cheerful and light-hearted. I am taken with it and in a decidedly mild mood, when immediately afterwards an aquatic wave crashes over me, like most aquatic notes of select artificiality and completely inauthentic, but, I must admit, somehow and actually quite pleasant. The little lemon flies frightened into the background, from where it still sparks little yellow flashes of joy for a good two hours. And as if from distant shores it flutters across. Anyone who wants to believe that this discreet floral accent comes from roses and jasmine will be happy to believe it. Bamboo or anything green, like the apple, by the way, shines in my perception by absence, if I am not to understand them as indistinguishable components of the aqua note.
Last but not least, Oliver Cresp has the nice idea of combining amber, musk and cedar wood into a base that I would have had no objection to at all if it hadn't obviously remained with good intentions. None of this appears, perhaps because after three hours the fragrance becomes dull and matte, then slightly musty and finally disappears in the waves of my perceptive faculties like a slightly brackish triton. Before I go to sleep, the light blue magic is over.
What does that mean for me now? Will I wear the scent?
Of course I will. On hot summer days like today. For the lemon. And to remind myself that a fragrance has more to offer than exquisite ingredients and a balanced composition. For example, that it is a symbol of sweetness and a wonderful friendship. And if nothing else speaks for him, then that is not little.
Why is that?
Oh why does Light Blue EdT smell so great on the paper strip and on my skin? But I have to say something, because I have a story to tell about this scent, too. Exactly, the story I already told for the Light Blue Eau Intense. To avoid repeating myself too much, I'll keep it short: USA, end of June. A visit to a good friend I hadn't seen for 5 years. A good friend for whom I have deep feelings. A visit to the perfumery was also a must on this occasion. So Light Blue and Light Blue Eau Intense found their way to me in the form of a miniature set.

Light Blue smelled delightfully on the paper strip: lemony-apple-floral, airy, light and transparent. Because of Corona I was unfortunately not allowed to test the scent on my skin. Without hesitation I took the pretty duo with me. Unfortunately, the scent developed differently on my skin: after the beautiful start, an almost sharp note appeared on my skin, which reminded me of toilet cleaner or scouring agents. And this note unfortunately held and still holds very stubbornly with me. I find that very unfortunate. All in all, Light Blue is unsweeter and, as already mentioned, sharper than the Light Blue Eau Intense. The Intense version smells sweeter, sweeter and simply more balanced and round for me. Apart from the fact that it radiates stronger and lasts longer. The Light Blue lasts 2-3h, the Intense 5, but I have also read reviews on sephora.com that said the Eau Intense was too intense and too strong in comparison. So here, too, the tastes are different. Personally, however, I have a tendency towards the Light Blue Eau Intense, I'm glad that this version is also available, and I envy all those where the Light Blue develops beautifully on the skin.

Like the Light Blue Eau Intense, the Light Blue reminds me of the precious moments I was allowed to spend with my sweetheart. Not only friendly, but also romantic moments. If you're interested, read my Light Blue Eau Intense commentary :D For me, these fragrances mean summer. Watching the reflection of the sun in the lake. Moments of togetherness and love. An unforgettable time
But I will not buy the Light Blue after me. But I have the Light Blue Eau Intense! To summer and love!
il cuore di Amalfi
last summer I was on the Amalfi Coast for a few days.
From Positano I drove in a crowded coach at 38 degrees to a small Italian village along the Amalfi coast. Since it was a spontaneous couch-surfing trip, I didn't know what to expect. A bit twisty along a sleepy road I got to the address. At the gate a wide view of the crystal clear sea opened up to me. In front of the house were lemon trees with big, bright yellow lemons that moved slightly in the wind. The sea air penetrated through the open windows of the villa and the music of the piano filled the house.
In the evening the heat settled down a little and with one (or two) glasses of homemade limoncello plans for the next day were made. A boat trip along the coast. In between a jump into the seductive blue, salt on the skin, the sun on the face and the thought of the lemon trees in the garden.....This is my most beautiful memory of the Amalfi Coast, for me this is Dolce & Gabbana- Light Blue.
The gentle lemon
When it's warm in the summer, scents quickly get on my nerves. Citrus scents would actually be super suitable for refreshment, because they are light and refreshing. Okay, aquatics are another possibility and I often prefer them. But back to citrus scents.... I often don't get along with lemons, mostly the scents are too harsh or too sweet for me. Oranges I prefer to eat than to smell after, exception was the green Hermes orange. So there is still grapefruit left over. I really like grapefruit in fragrances, Yves Rocher has brought out a very nice refresher for the summer with his new "Sel d'Azur".

But back to Light Blue. Light Blue is a lemon scent, but a very gentle one. The lemon doesn't sting me at all here and because of the wood note in the base it's nice and powdery on me. The lemon starts a bit sweet, but that doesn't bother me at all, because the scent isn't sticky-sweet, but still fresh. I perceive a touch of crunchy apples and a delicate, transparent floral note. I think the transparent one comes from bamboo. The jasmine is very discreet, actually I don't really perceive it. I think it forms a beautiful floral framework together with the rose, which prevents Light Blue from becoming a dull lemon scent. "A Girl in Capri" starts similarly, with sweet lemon, but it lacks the floral scent. The result is a kind of lemon scent that I can't deal with in the long run. It also triggered migraines.

Pretty soon the base comes out with a lot of Iso-E-Super, at least I can smell it in that direction. Which makes my nose happy, because I like to smell Iso-E-Super and Ambroxan.

Unfortunately he does not hold on to me very well, after 3 hours I am allowed to put on weight again. But it doesn't matter, I like to spray in the summer when it is a fresh scent.

I don't think Light Blue has been on the market since 2001 for nothing and I hope it will be around for quite a long time
Old love doesn't rust...
Light Blue was my second "expensive" perfume purchase of my life. Two 100ml bottles later I was tired of it. A last 30ml gift was left unopened in the cupboard. Every move I was allowed to see the bottle, because there was something about it that kept me going.

Recently I was visiting a friend. On the bathroom shelf was an almost empty bottle of the blue lemon water. I asked her if she wanted my old copy I couldn't smell it anymore Back home again I was overcome by a bad conscience: is it allowed to give away an old, faithful companion just like that without giving him a last chance?
I dared to do it and sprayed carefully... and bang - there it was again: the warm and cosy feeling that the cedar amber note, wrapped in fresh lemon, triggered. Light, mild summer evenings come back to my memory........

........E continuo a volare felice
Più in alto del sole ed ancora più su
Mentre il mondo pian piano scompare negli occhi tuoi blu
La tua voce è una musica dolce che suona per me...

I cannot detect any WC stone scent, on the contrary. It doesn't smell soapy to me either. Fresh and warm, it envelops me like a lemon-coloured summer sweater when a breeze comes up in Sicily around midnight. Soft, summery fresh, not harsh, not artificial
I had to tell my girlfriend that I have run into an old love and unfortunately I cannot give her the scent.
She can understand, she has the same love
Pure citrus freshness
We're not becoming friends, unfortunately. I wanted to like it and integrate it as an everyday scent when I am overwhelmed by my now estimated 30 perfumes, but unfortunately I only smell strong citrus scent, which reminds me of toilet cleaner mixed with water. 2 people raved so much about it and one day I got it as a sample to an order. Phew, nope. Not mine. Please test it and do not buy it blind. The composition sounds better than it smells. I would like to give the Intense version a chance, but this is nothing and smells cheap - not at all fitting to the price and image of this luxury brand
Nellka
Addictive - but frequent spraying necessary
The smell fascinates me. I find him attractive, fresh and simply interesting. When I use it, I want to smell it all the time. BUT the durability really leaves much to be desired. Sometimes I can no longer perceive the scent after just one hour. On clothes and hair it lasts at least a little longer...
I still use it, especially in summer or in the gym, but I will try light blue intense after use
My fresh lemon candy!
I've always read and heard so much about Light Blue. So let's go to the next perfumery and sniff. Joar smells delicious... Subsequently, a filling procured and extensively tested. In the beginning it really smells like a lemon candy, but I don't find it disturbing or too sweet. No rather than pleasant and refreshing! A little later the candy moves on and a fresh citrus note remains, which always makes you feel clean and fresh! In any case, it will be on the shortlist for my next summer to make me feel fresh and comfortable!
Summery lemon flowers
Even though the warm season is already a few weeks over, my very first comment on parfumo applies to this summer water here :)
We met for the first time when I was about 13/14 years old. My father was professionally abroad for some time and wanted to make us a little joy, because he could buy some fragrances there cheaply I was a sniffer commissioner, so get in the next turquoise to work through the list. I can't remember the other candidates exactly, but when I sprayed the Light Blue, I was positively surprised. You can always hunt me with citrus-fresh scents. But this one was different.
Not some nasty toilet lemon that'll etch your mucous membranes off. No bath cleaner associations.
The flowers make the lemon less sour and round, the woody base gives the fresh air a certain depth.
Arrived at home, I present my achievements (the test strips), and everyone (mum, sister and also brother) was very taken with the Light Blue, so that we girls soon each had a bottle of lemon flowers in the cupboard. Whenever the temperatures were on 'sweat', I cooled down with Light Blue.
After my bottle was empty, I didn't buy it for a long time, but in summer 2017 I got another one (from my parents :D). Next summer he will hold out, what comes after that will show up ;)

A not too lemony, light refreshment for the hot days. Those who like me normally make a big bow about any lemony-fresh water should try this one here.
Light blue and I... From hate to love
Me and light blue, we started my left foot our relationship.

I found LB always super boring and not at all particularly in comparison to the niché smells which I always tested.

The fact that LB was such a liked fragrance by so many women was always very hard for me to understand.

Yes, it smells very fresh and pleasant but it is not exceptional at all. It always reminded me of a fragrance I wore when I was 17: I love love Moschino... Perfect scent for teenage girls.

Until I started complimenting women a year ago who used exactly this fragrance. In the beginning I was annoyed with my nose. Is he crazy? It can't be that I started to like such a generic smell.

Now I have LB in my collection for half a year now and am always there for me when I need it (office, gym, doctor, etc).

Fantastic sillage, the smell is bit artificial (positive artificial) but is perfect for what I need, kriwge again and again compliments for us I smell, brings good mood, suits every occasion.

LB is a "the girl next door" kind of scent and sometimes I just want to be a girl next door.

CatarinaCatarina 6 months ago
Not bad, but it's just to light and faint for my taste. My bottle is almost full and it will remain so!
AnnaAnnaAnnaAnnaAnnaAnna 7 months ago
Für mich riecht dieses Parfum nach Zitronenbonbons, weniger frisch.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 16 months ago
This scent smells of....air and sky! Quite synthetic, it's the typical Blue EssenceBlue Essence. I owned it but it wasn't my cup of tea. Good sillage
DanielleDanielle 19 months ago
So very fresh and exciting unisex perfume. Thickeling toppnotes and lovely heartnot.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 23 months ago
Used to love this scent. I can't stand it nowadays.

Ich wünsche Euch einen schönen Sommerbeginn...:-))
by LaVioletta
by GreenTin
by Novalinchen
by Novalinchen

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme Intenso (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana