The Only One 2020 Eau de Parfum Intense

The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Dolce & Gabbana
The Only One (Eau de Parfum Intense) is a new perfume by Dolce & Gabbana for women and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Violaine Collas

Top Notes Top NotesItalian mandarin orange, Green apple, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom, Jasmine absolute, Coconut
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Cedarwood, Cashmere wood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.05.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actress Emilia Clarke. She was filmed by Matteo Garrone and photographed by brothers Luca and Alessandro Morelli.

The Only One I like
Since I find the weather lately more than depressing I have firmly resolved to start the search for "my" new summer fragrance this year a little early.

Said, done!

I started with a few YouTube videos that often provide me with inspiration. After a while I stumbled across coconut scents. It must be said that I love pretty much EVERYTHING with coconut scent! Until that point, I didn't quite realize that coconut could also play such a prominent role in perfume.

The Only One Intense has been called many times. However, most have called it a fall or winter fragrance. To me, it's a super summer scent, especially for evening. It must be added that I love heavy, dense fragrances, even in summer!

After sniffing my way through a few recommended coconut scents I got stuck with The Only One Intense. My god is it good! So warm and creamy and the coconut gives it a certain tropical touch, a dream.

The base and heart notes appealed to me directly, with the top note I was a bit skeptical. This is fortunately not very dominant and of rather short duration.

After this small sense of achievement, I have also sniffed me through the other fragrances from The Only One series. The Intense version is but really The Only One I like :)

Signature Scent
Such a beautiful perfume! I fell in love with it the moment I smelled it. The black sleek bottle is absolutely beautiful, but does not reflect what is inside! Inside is a beautifully creamy white floral perfume that is so comforting and romantic. She is a touch soapy and it feels like you're in a luxuriously milky bath. You definitely get hit with the gorgeous jasmine (in the same realm of Alien) but it is so well balanced with that creamy coconut and orange blossom. I've gotten so many compliments and it just lasts forever on your clothes. It is a warm, creamy scent that's appropriate at the office AND on a date. The coconut is not a green summery tropical coconut, but a very milky and sweet coconut making it last forever. Personally, I don't think this is a sexy date night/on the prowl perfume or a club perfume. She's the girl that's been in a longterm relationship with a man (or woman) that just adores her, with a very feminine fashion sense and a hella successful career. Think flowy dress and heels instead of a sharp power suit. I just love this perfume.
Vivien1001
A warm companion - for me for the summer
So first of all: I think I'm almost alone with my opinion on a wide floor. But first I would like to explain how I came to this fragrance.

My favorite Youtuber Paulina Schar has featured this scent in her videos up and down. In both warm and sensual and date scents, this beautiful black bottle was always there. Since she and I have similar "smells", I had to order this scent. Even though it was very dangerous to just blindly hit it - because I'm not really a neroli fan, unfortunately. But what else is left in the current situation also not. But well. No sooner said than done - two days later it arrived. With joyful expectation I unpacked the fragrance, sniffed it and WOW - what I get at first is a strong coconut and vanilla, which plays quite happily with the floral notes. A fresh fruitiness is delivered at the start by the apple, mandarin and just very subtly the scent of neroli. After the first couple of minutes, the fresh notes drop down a bit and you're left with an incredibly harmonious blend of florals, coconut and vanilla that feels so cozy and creamy that you can't help but feel good about the scent. For me, it also has a total oriental EInschlag because of the vanilla-apple-coconut combo.

Furthermore, he shines with a very good durability and a pleasant sillage, but not slaying, but is still present.

However, when I look at the categorization of the community, that the fragrance is rather put in the winter and autumn, I fall totally out of line.

I fundamentally imagine this fragrance to be good in all seasons and yes, everyone is right that it suits the cool seasons very well as it is warm, heavy and creamy.
However, when I close my eyes and sniff the scent, it immediately transports me to a balmy summer evening at a restaurant, beach or boardwalk with a glass of Hugo. Due to the for me oriental impact and the dominant coconut, it just belongs for me quite clearly in my go-to summer fragrances for the evening.

Possibly someone understands my slightly different enthusiasm for the fragrance.

Even now I wear it with pleasure and can hardly wait to make my ideas of the fragrance come true in the summer
Duftblüte
Will never be my favorite scent
Inspired by the description of the fragrance notes and the enthusiastic comments, I ordered this perfume without being able to sniff it beforehand. When I first sprayed it on, it almost slayed me. I found the scent to be overwhelmingly sweet, with the "green apple" dominating all other scents and seeming almost artificial to me. This fruity-gummy impression faded into the background over time, but remained all the time. On my skin, especially the woody notes developed very strongly and dominated the impression for a long time. Jasmine and coconut I could hardly smell. Only after hours did the vanilla develop more strongly and the overall impression became softer and rounder. I liked the scent far better that way. Only I do not like to wait so long for it in everyday life, until the fragrance impression is finally right for me.
The durability of the perfume is very good. I could still smell it after 10 hours. Equally convincing for me is the sillage. The flacon I find very beautiful.
Enchanting orange blossom
Whew, what can I say...
The fragrance is just wonderful!
I had not expected much from him, because the 'The Only One' from the sample bottle and also the 'The Only One 2' could not inspire me. Nevertheless, I wanted to give the 'The Only One Intense' a chance, so it went off to the perfumery and quickly to the tester.
And what can I say. The fragrance has blown me (of course, in a positive sense ?) and had to move in immediately with me, which I have not regretted so far!!!

The fragrance is initially slightly fruity with the tangerine and the green apple, but always accompanied by the sweetness of the vanilla and coconut.
Is the first impression and thus also the initially fruity, but still creamy fragrance somewhat faded, so a wonderful, by the coconut and the vanilla incredibly creamy, warm orange blossom comes to light, which enchants one in the combination and gives pause.

Every time I spray this scent I have to take a deep breath and then again and again.
'The Only One Intense' is such a fragrance in which you have to smell several times, because it captivates you by its - in my opinion - very harmonious components.

The scent is super pleasant, invites you to cuddle with thick wool socks. Is at the same time but also somehow super sexy, attractive and interesting, so that he also outside for compliments and hinterherschauende looks (or noses?) provides.

For the cold days he is definitely a top candidate, whether I will wear it in the summer? Probably rather not. In my opinion, it is a fragrance for autumn, winter and possibly for the first, still cold spring months.
For a spray to feel good at home, he is certainly brought out with me but also in the summer or on all other days of the year
Dolce & Vita for the nose
Tangerine, green apple, orange blossom... Neroli! ... as expected, this could be almost fruity and bombastic in the nose - but far from it.

"D&G" is absolutely and in no way provided for in any of my prey schemes (*pssst*- is not even on a self-extended waiting list - no matter what it should be about).
Sure, they have beautiful, sometimes very chic things in terms of fashion and accessories, for example, but I only take note of that so casually, or you amuse yourself about the always strikingly thickly applied, gold emblazoned label, which you encounter in different forms on some utensils from time to time on the street That's how you, better woman, always imagine "Dolce Vita", opulent, pompous, rich, shrill, colourful, glittering, shiny, exaggerated, ... and then this:

The Only One Intense contradicts all these characteristics. It starts off slightly fruity, but this is rather subdued, not fruity fresh. It is warm from the start, sweetly warm, but not summery warm, it is cuddly warm. In this respect, it is perfect for the current season and I can well imagine that it is well dosed! It is just as well wearable on elegant or sensual warm summer nights ... and it is sensual enough for that The rather warm heart and base notes hold the reins invisibly from the start, counteracting the fruity notes, but after a while they take over the regime completely. To do justice to the character of the perfume, they should do so - and exactly this calculation, this mix, works out.

The Only One Intense is a complete surprise. It fascinates, has a magical effect, is addictive, because again and again I catch myself putting sprayed wrists or clothes on my nose - wonderful, divine well-being for the nose, a different kind of Dolce Vita, one, even on grey days.

As such a flowery, as it is already read in the description of the fragrance above, I do not feel it so much, but subliminally creamy and slightly powdery, which rounds off the previously described characteristics once again beautifully.
And: it holds ... and holds ... and holds - perfectly, without sticking!
This certain "understatement" is also embodied and underlined by the rather plain bottle. Not very pompous despite the gold lettering and an equally pompous ring discreetly on the cap. The latter is also made of glass, not plastic, and thus underlines the value of the bottle, which - even if only subliminally - contributes to the overall impression.

No no, The Only One Intense has something, for sure - and equipped with it the grey, stormy season can come quietly!
Nefretem
"I am not like the others..."
Yes, yes, I would have liked to believe that! The first sprayer was a wave of horniness that came over me. I thought, "Oh, how sexy is this guy?" Of course I had to add a bottle to my collection! Arrived at home I put on the full body spray and went for a walk in the woods...so I always test my "new ones". After an active hour most of them show their true face ...aha suddenly the Firstlove veil disappeared and I found parallels ...I already have that I don't really need that again !

This flanker in the drydown reminds me a lot of Rouge Malachite and Alien Fusion. Well it's not bad it's not used before ;)
PARFUM-ADHS
Too much choice overwhelms me.
A look in my perfume cabinet and more than 5 fragrances let me stumble.

Admittedly- the testing, be it through samples, bottling or
Perfumery visits have structured me somewhat, at least as far as my preferences are concerned.
Recently, I had to do a big clean-up and put everything in the souk, which rarely attracted attention. To my souk sales I gave away all the bottlings and samples to get a clear overview of my fragrances - to the delight of my souk partners
Maybe I have undiagnosed ADHD :D

Because even when I go shopping, I avoid big department stores or supermarkets, because the large selection simply overwhelms me:
Yeah, I get really nervous and angry at some point because I can't decide.

A clearly arranged perfume collection serves my well-being :)

Here I always weigh the composition of the fragrance components to sort out:
Which fragrance do I like best at the moment? Which perfume smells similar and can therefore be removed?!

That's how I ended up selling all my orange blossom scents after a sample of "The only one Intense" reached me. (THANK YOU ❤)
This specimen immediately captivated me Every day, for 5 days, a tentative splash on the palms of my hands and it was all about me.
It was clear that I absolutely had to get a bottle.
Because I am still driven by the desire for a signature scent,
who is able to convince me completely - like Sensations by Jil Sander before his reformulation.
"The only one Intense" seemed the revelation.
Such a beautiful, soft, sunny orange blossom scent with a hint of jasmine, which becomes a little creamy due to coconut and for me personally just smells "perfumed". It was love at once!
And I thought:
YOU ARE! MY NEW SIGNATURE!

When the flacon arrived, I was very happy, sprayed in my hair, on my clothes and had to pull myself together first.
"Is it really you? It can't be? Where's the perfume charm?"

Admittedly: "The only one Intense" starts very sweet and exuberantly strong, so that one craves for air.
One is deceived by the delicate dosage possibility or the knowledge of the small amount and the resulting timid spraying:
It is not a delicate orange blossom jasmine
It's a BOOMER!
Now I can only get along with the nevertheless very beautiful, sunny scent if I use one or two careful sprayers, otherwise it is too much for me.

It is always durable and has Sillage as well.
I don't regret my radical treatment and this new acquisition.
You just have to know how to take it... ;)
...then he reveals his delicate, creamy, sweet orange-blossom jasmine side...
5.5
Splash24
Love at first sight only
The first time I smelled that scent, I was overwhelmed. The "The Only One" EDP and the "The Only One 2" EDP were, for me, nothing special. So my expectations were very low for the EDP intense version. But when I saw the bottle, he pulled me into his band and was in love. The fruity scent of apple had convinced me, because normally I don't like apple scents. And then a sweet creaminess stood out and I sank deeper. I tested this scent for almost 1 month and I must say that unfortunately it was only a short affair. I could smell myself all over and I got a headache after wearing it a few times. It was too much for my taste. I hope they bring maybe a lighter version (EDT) without vanilla and coconut, because the top note was perfect for my taste
Catherina
The really last, really best only one ;-)
One thing first: This is the only fragrance from the "Only One" series that I have tested so far. I actually swore not to test any of them ever, because I don't like the way fragrances are exploited and how one version after another of a fragrance with the same name is thrown on the market. After everything I've read about the "Ones" so far, the different versions probably don't resemble each other very much.
To the actual topic: I am really enthusiastic about this fragrance! Vanilla, neroli and jasmine unite harmoniously, the scent is neither too sweet nor too penetrating, but at the same time very good durability and silage. Has with me clear potential for the signature scent! I even think it goes very much in a harsh direction of modern men's fragrances, some of which are quite sweet. Something reminds me of J'ose Von Eisenberg. Maybe because of the masculine appearance.
I don't smell coconut, but if it was missing, then something would probably be missing :-)
So far only tested on clothing, I am almost sure that it will become even softer and sweeter on the skin with time.
Am in love!

Jazzy76Jazzy76 11 months ago
It coul d be a sexy gem but the coconut note, too sweetish, makes it very unbalanced and "too much".Anyway, strong sillage. A winter scent

Der Herbst kann kommen...:)
by Runa
by Runa

Popular Dolce & Gabbana

The One for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana By Man by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Desert Oud by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana The One Essence by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2018) by Dolce & Gabbana The One (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana The One Royal Night by Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Cypress by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden by Dolce & Gabbana Sicily (2003) by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dolce & Gabbana D&G Feminine by Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme Intense by Dolce & Gabbana