He Wood Ocean Wet Wood (2010)

He Wood Ocean Wet Wood by Dsquared²

He Wood Ocean Wet Wood is a perfume by Dsquared² for men and was released in 2010. The scent is woody-aquatic. It was last marketed by ITF Cosmetics.

Top Notes Top NotesAmbergris, Tarragon, Seawater
Heart Notes Heart NotesMusk, Violet, Violet leaf
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Tonka bean, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 16.10.2019

3lbows
The importance of being interesting.
Not really perfumed. It's more of a thing smell. This is how things smell here: wet, but still airy, freshly sawn wood. But what is missing is an opponent, a contrast, something that gives interest. The step from Hubba Bubba to Le Male. From Bref to Aventus. From Cliff to Cool Water. From wood to oud wood.
Admittedly, Ocean Wet Wood is pictured of course. In this price range, you have to do it first. However, the price is still noticeable in the performance: After 2h the anyway sillageschwache smell is with me already very closely, holds itself then however at least on clothes still a while. Whether ozone or aquatic, that does not open up to me. But already somehow fresh it is, cool and therefore also somewhat uncomfortable. Associations are always important with fragrances. And that's the problem here. They don't have them here. At least not with me. If someone would have knocked a wooden plank around my ears, then I could occupy this smell emotionally.
But a good perfume achieves this even without this link. The other day, when I happened to test Eav des Bavx by LÓccitane, I had exactly this: I sprayed on it and the scent put a smile on my face. I found it interesting.
Interesting, which means unique, as Jeremias would say. But that's just the surface. Interesting means provocative. Not smelled like that yet. How did the perfumer come up with this idea? Really?
Interesting means arousing curiosity. I want to know how the scent continues, how it suits me, where I could wear it. How he could please others about me.
Interesting means relevant, expanding a fragrance intention, reinterpreting, perhaps even a new DNA, or establishing a new trend.
And most importantly: Interesting means evoking feelings. Comfort, sovereignty, sexyness, alpha masculinity, contentment, security - to each his own. If you feel in the fragrance, if you can identify yourself with it, if you can feel it as a supplement - or as a reflection of yourself, if you can apply it all by yourself, in the evening on the couch and enjoy it, or if you can scream "I'm the greatest" in the gym, then it's worth an Asbach ancient age. Before I take off in philosophical fuss - you know what I mean.
All this I succeed with wood, and I mean only with wood, with uninteresting wood alone not.
Please don't take this as a bashing. I like the He Wood series. I love Silver Wind Wood (more on this elsewhere). But here I've tried to explain what I lack about Ocean Wet Wood, apart from a bottle I don't cut my hands on. Though he looks interesting, he does...

Canadian "Timberlake" as Anti-Mainstream
This is probably the most unconventional, but also the strangest, perhaps even the most exciting fragrance I have come across lately. And I scream hooray that even I can smell something out! ;-) Tarragon in any case, at least in the heart note, an herb that already splits in the kitchen. You either have to like it or you don't. Then this "brackish" freshness, as if you had walked along a North Sea beach with an air-checker and created an essence out of everything that was going on there: Algae, sand, driftwood, mussels, salt ...

At the first application I felt OWW as a risk. I liked the funny (though not high quality) way of designing the bottle with the wooden frame, but the first scent impression is still such that I think: Is that something for me? Similar to a meal that you call "interesting", but that really means so, and not in the sense of "I've eaten better" ... or smelled in this case!

The woodiness also comes out clearly after approx. 10 minutes. Some here call it "hardware store," others "coniferous forest." I choose Canada because that's where this brand comes from that I didn't know before Parfumo. And I can't help but keep OWW, even if I may not be a party compliment for it at home ... but maybe just (from the right person)! ;-)

Everything else has already been written: a courageous scent that polarizes (and at the beginning also divides me). But someone who doesn't join olfactory trends and pretends to be something other than indicated. Whether you consider OWW to be the Sex Pistols or the Nick Cave among the fresh fragrances, it remains to be seen - in any case it is not for everyone!
8.0 6.0 6.0 8.5/10

Honk1510
The slightly different fresh fragrance
HWOWW is the slightly different fresh fragrance...
No bergamot, grapefruit or similar in the fragrance pyramid.
And yet HWOWW is incredibly fresh.
Here a good concept was finally implemented in a great way. It just fits
the bottle, the color of the liquid, the name and the type
of the fragrance itself.
Just by the way he is the best of the He Wood series for me, but that
is then always a matter of taste.
HWOWW reminds me of driftwood,maybe even rotten wood,what
this note paired with the
is not meant in any way negative Violet chord actually makes you remember wet wood in the ocean.
Very well realized!
So if you are still looking for a fresh fragrance of a different kind, you should try here
durability and Sillage are only mediocre, but I think that
perfectly ok.
As I mentioned before, everything fits here, even the color of the
Liquid reminiscent of seawater.
Even the bottle is framed with real wood.

Once again: thumb high, a fresh fragrance without fruit, that's what you have to do
so far no smell of Dsquared really has me
but this one managed to order me a bottle.
It is also very cheap, about 20€/50ml.

Thanks for reading my comment. I hope I could get you the
Bring fragrance a little closer :-)
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

"Rant" but no "Rave" !
“Ocean” is more a sketch, than a fully rendered seascape: Instead, it's simply a log macerating in a pond of violet and artemisia. "Oasis Wet Wood", done. It's simple, and it's linear; and as such, I like it a lot. "Marketing" should have stopped at that. But to call this "Ocean"? That just brings up a whole new set of expectations. This is barely "seashore".

As far as "flankers" go, it's somewhat disappointing. If "Rocky Mountain" painted a different "portrait" of HeWood, "Ocean" simply drew a mustache on him, and left it at that !! Essentially just adding Calone to the original, isn't going to make this a great "flanker". In fact, the biggest disappointment here, IS that “water" accord. Which comes off as being still, and murky -lacking the salt infused energy of the sea. Blame it on the patchouli in the "base"; working against the ocean effect. It both, dulled, and "grounded" the composition -even though it technically gave the fragrance great longevity in the end.

Alberto Morillas is usually formidable. But Daphne Bugey really should have asked Jacques Cavallier, instead ! To partner-up her HeWood with the beautifully vivid ocean in his Bvlgari Aqua pour homme (or even, Aqua Marine). The result could have been my new "signature". As things stand, I still like it. I Just don't love it. *Sighhhh...*

Longevity:9/10 (in base)
Projection (summer temperatures):8/10 (in mid)
Art/Creatives: 6/10 (concept and scent execution
only-bottle stays status quo in this series)
How: casual, work or play, summer only,
by yourself picking lint out of your navel.
10.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Miaw2
Walking on the beach smell....
Nice marine scent.

Smells like you're walking in the beach, but sometimes smells like a polluted beach because of excess of calone and violet.

There's no much development in its phases, rather a linear scent.

Lasting power and sillage are average.

The bottle is wonderful as always.

Updated December 2013

by Miaw2
by NasiGoreng
by NasiGoreng

Popular Dsquared²

Potion (Eau de Parfum) by Dsquared² He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood by Dsquared² He Wood by Dsquared² She Wood by Dsquared² She Wood Golden Light Wood by Dsquared² He Wood Ocean Wet Wood by Dsquared² She Wood Velvet Forest Wood by Dsquared² Potion for Woman by Dsquared² Want by Dsquared² Potion Royal Black by Dsquared² She Wood Crystal Creek Wood by Dsquared² He Wood Silver Wind Wood by Dsquared² Potion Blue Cadet by Dsquared² Wild (Eau de Toilette) by Dsquared² Wood for Him by Dsquared² He Wood Cologne by Dsquared² Intense He Wood by Dsquared² Want Pink Ginger by Dsquared² Wood for Her by Dsquared² Potion (Eau de Toilette) by Dsquared²