Wood for Him (2018)

Wood for Him by Dsquared²

Wood for Him is a perfume by Dsquared² for men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-fresh. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Sicilian lemon, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesGinger, Cardamom, Violet leaf
Base Notes Base NotesAmbrox, Blond woods, Vetiver

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 13.06.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is Austrian model Julian Schneyder.

We're out of wood!
I was an avid fan of the DSQ2 Wood series. Since my old Wood Parfums are no longer produced I blindly ordered this one and was quite disappointed. The scent does not smell of plywood (He Wood), nor of forest (Rocky Wood), nor of driftwood (Wet Wood). If you asked me what that smell was, my first thought would be "perfume". A great pity

The scent of disappointment
To discontinue the entire line of He Wood and such masterpieces as Rocky Mountain and Potion for the sake of this misunderstanding is simply a crime against humanity! And as a fanboy of the brand with 12 years of experience - this is a complete disappointment! Absolutely nothing outstanding! This is simple, boring, spineless, frivolous and feminine, sorry, unisex compote for teenagers, as well as everything that the brothers are doing now.
The fragrance is very fresh and light, and it is not masculine at all (It does not have that masculinity, strength, drive and energy. The fragrance, frankly, is feminine in nature, it is not even unisex! It is youthful, light and carefree, and very simple. No it has complex overflows and interesting nuances.
Closer to the base, it becomes very similar to the female DSQUARED2 Wood, well, just a copy! Even cardamom does not save! Yes, the aroma is quieter and looser, and slightly ginger, as if with an aquatic note (or is it the intrigues of ozone).
The aroma becomes quiet and grassy, ​​the cardamom starts to solo so that it prevents the other components from opening up, it suppresses everything and as a result we get closer to the mono base the aroma of cardamom with sea water. I don’t know where the water is still here ... there is a lot of it, it is salty and fresh.
In the database, he became very soapy and completely tasteless. It sounds on the skin, it is very simple and very cheap. Unfortunately, this was not what I expected ... not at all. Resistance is even less than that of his pair, only 1-2 hours. There is a train, but very weak. Neither ambroxan nor vetiver here at all, no ... I'm sad.
This novelty in the base resembles the perfume of men's shower gels and shaving foam, so there is nothing special and interesting in it in my opinion. And so it all started well ... Alas, I can’t advise you this fragrance, well, absolutely.
Wood?
I was looking for a fragrance for spring and risked to get some advice again. After convincing me of a few of the saleswoman's rather unsuccessful salesmen (I know why I usually test on my own), she showed me Wood for him. With the words: "It's very special and very woody, you have to like it" she began to spray. My first impression was; citric, not bad, but not woody. I thanked the saleswoman and told her that I still had some work to do and that the perfume would continue to work for me. To cut a long story short, it just fit! However, after about 4 hours I noticed that the wood notes were not more pronounced than with many other fragrances without wood in the name. I would also like to mention that my nose has a certain resemblance to Prada Luna Rossa Eau Sport, which I chose a few years ago as my summer scent, but warmer and still woody.
Lost the wood
The Woods of Dsquared were mostly strongly focused on the woody notes. With Wood for Him I don't have this impression at all.

He opens cool and fresh, supported with a lot of artificiality. Smells strongly aldehydic-fatty on my skin, but I also have an association with soap. Something soapy's still buzzing around.

I don't notice anything of the spices ginger and cardamom, is superimposed by the rather sweet base notes already in the heart phase of the fragrance.

At the end everything comes together to a sweet, artificial, halfway pleasing mixture without any character.
CS9902
The Dutch were (again) faster ;-)
It is already available in the Netherlands. From my point of view it's one of the better scents of Dsquared2: spreads good mood, provides consistently positive comments and lasts (almost) the whole day. Clear, fresh, woody, puristic, good!

SomeoneSomeone 7 months ago
The scent of disappointment!
ElysiumElysium 22 months ago
This time Wood is a bit citrus, amber, and really woody. The original He Wood D.N.A. is in with aqueous violet leaves but suitable for fall.

by Refresh
by Refresh
by Micha1984
by Micha1984

Popular Dsquared²

He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood by Dsquared² Potion Royal Black by Dsquared² Potion (Eau de Parfum) by Dsquared² She Wood Golden Light Wood by Dsquared² She Wood by Dsquared² She Wood Velvet Forest Wood by Dsquared² Want by Dsquared² He Wood Ocean Wet Wood by Dsquared² She Wood Crystal Creek Wood by Dsquared² He Wood Silver Wind Wood by Dsquared² He Wood by Dsquared² He Wood Cologne by Dsquared² Potion for Woman by Dsquared² Want Pink Ginger by Dsquared² Potion Blue Cadet by Dsquared² Green Wood by Dsquared² Wild (Eau de Toilette) by Dsquared² Intense He Wood by Dsquared² Potion (Perfume Oil) by Dsquared² Wood for Her by Dsquared²