Wood for Him (2018)

Wood for Him by Dsquared²

Wood for Him is a new perfume by Dsquared² for men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-fresh. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Sicilian lemon, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesGinger, Cardamom, Violet leaf
Base Notes Base NotesAmbrox, Blond woods, Vetiver

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 15.11.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is Austrian model Julian Schneyder.

8.0 6.0 6.0 7.5/10

Wood?
I was looking for a fragrance for spring and risked to get some advice again. After convincing me of a few of the saleswoman's rather unsuccessful salesmen (I know why I usually test on my own), she showed me Wood for him. With the words: "It's very special and very woody, you have to like it" she began to spray. My first impression was; citric, not bad, but not woody. I thanked the saleswoman and told her that I still had some work to do and that the perfume would continue to work for me. To cut a long story short, it just fit! However, after about 4 hours I noticed that the wood notes were not more pronounced than with many other fragrances without wood in the name. I would also like to mention that my nose has a certain resemblance to Prada Luna Rossa Eau Sport, which I chose a few years ago as my summer scent, but warmer and still woody.
8.0 3.0 7.0 5.0/10

Lost the wood
The Woods of Dsquared were mostly strongly focused on the woody notes. With Wood for Him I don't have this impression at all.

He opens cool and fresh, supported with a lot of artificiality. Smells strongly aldehydic-fatty on my skin, but I also have an association with soap. Something soapy's still buzzing around.

I don't notice anything of the spices ginger and cardamom, is superimposed by the rather sweet base notes already in the heart phase of the fragrance.

At the end everything comes together to a sweet, artificial, halfway pleasing mixture without any character.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

CS9902
The Dutch were (again) faster ;-)
It is already available in the Netherlands. From my point of view it's one of the better scents of Dsquared2: spreads good mood, provides consistently positive comments and lasts (almost) the whole day. Clear, fresh, woody, puristic, good!

Elysium 14 months ago
This time Wood is a bit citrus, amber, and really woody. The original He Wood D.N.A. is in with aqueous violet leaves but suitable for fall.+2
9.0
6.0
6.0
9.0

by Refresh
by Refresh

Popular Dsquared²

Potion (Eau de Parfum) by Dsquared² He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood by Dsquared² He Wood by Dsquared² She Wood by Dsquared² She Wood Golden Light Wood by Dsquared² He Wood Ocean Wet Wood by Dsquared² She Wood Velvet Forest Wood by Dsquared² Potion for Woman by Dsquared² Potion Royal Black by Dsquared² Want by Dsquared² She Wood Crystal Creek Wood by Dsquared² He Wood Silver Wind Wood by Dsquared² Potion Blue Cadet by Dsquared² Wild (Eau de Toilette) by Dsquared² Wood for Him by Dsquared² He Wood Cologne by Dsquared² Intense He Wood by Dsquared² Want Pink Ginger by Dsquared² Wood for Her by Dsquared² Potion (Eau de Toilette) by Dsquared²